6.6

1. Jasonr.
    Oct 30, 2005
    I am a HUGE romero fan and if this game would have been even half way decent I would have been ok with it. This is really a mockery of the dead series. They couldn't even get the 1 head shot one kill formula right. In the first level I shot some zombies 4-5 times directly in the head before they died. The character movement is slow and clunky. From what I can tell so far you I am a HUGE romero fan and if this game would have been even half way decent I would have been ok with it. This is really a mockery of the dead series. They couldn't even get the 1 head shot one kill formula right. In the first level I shot some zombies 4-5 times directly in the head before they died. The character movement is slow and clunky. From what I can tell so far you can't fortify doors but the zombies sure can break through them. I have wasted enough time talking about this game. Avoid it like, well the zombie plague . Expand
  2. Warmonger
    Oct 31, 2005
    Pretty bad! Gameplay is tedious and slow for example: (why does he move so slowly and run out of breath so fast, when forced to run?) the graphics are also sub par....see the movie instead!!!
  3. Jan 4, 2012
    I've beaten through and even modded this series (extra zombie spawns) to give an extra challenge, but the product to me was disappointing because of sub-par hit detection, a random shotgun and other flaws. Bargain bin material, not to mention the developers stopped supporting the game after the last patch.
  4. RichH.
    Oct 29, 2005
    Upsettingly bad.
  5. SteveC.
    Oct 30, 2005
    Damn ! Looks like a 1999's freeware. I just can't belive this one's out in 2005. Slow speed, boring graphics, empty maps, bad modeling, inexistant AI. A pure deception.
  6. CLS
    Feb 12, 2016
    There are other better "zombie shooters" out there that are more interesting than this. Just download the "Dead Epidemic" mod for this game to get the most out of your money if you happen to have bought the game years ago like me.

1. Paradoxically, any brilliance and beauty lie in the raw, unpolished stylized realism and mostly clever reworking of elements found in the film.
  2. Computer Games Magazine
    Anyone shelling out for Land of the Dead is in grave danger of buyer's remorse. [Feb 2006, p.64]
  3. PC Gamer
    Road also boasts snore-rific multiplay that adds nothing. Even if the game's selling for less than its $19.99 M.S.R.P., leave it to rot. [Mar 2006, p.51]