8.3

1. Jul 16, 2011
    I thought this game it would be ok. But nooo!! This game was awesome. Super fun, super fast, super puzzled, excellent platform. Well, loved it. You should try, 5 minutes in demo and you will buy the game and all expansions, packs, etc Great Graphics too.
  2. Sep 11, 2011
    This game is so awesome, the more i play it the more i love it. I recommend using a controller as it makes the game play a lot smoother though i didn't really try to get the hang of it with the mouse and keyboard. It's got the feel of Tomb Raider mixed with Diablo 2 so if you like those games at all you'll probably enjoy this gem. I'm comparing but it really is unique with a sort of old school arcade feel. This game is smooth and fun fun fun. Two thumbs up! Expand
  3. Dec 2, 2011
    Great single player and an even better Coop experience. It's has fast paced action, ingenious puzzle design for both a single player and multiplayer experience. Fantastic!
  4. Jan 11, 2013
    Fantastic coop experience! Most fun in a long time playing a game. Puzzles and action, fun fun fun!! :) . Enjoyable single player also. This is great!! Im so happy i could cry, lol 10/10
  5. Nov 27, 2010
    This game, is simply amazing. I thought it was going to be boring at first, judging by the screenshots, but I got it at the cheap STEAM sale. Played it with a friend for 4 hours straight, and we're not too far away from the end. But that doesn't make it bad. The only flaw I found annoying is when you sometimes alt-tab, or press the windows key to go out of game. It drops the player and shuts down the game you're playing. But it automatically saves as well. So you can quit whenever you want MOST OF THE TIME. It normally saves before a battle or entering a room.

Achievements are also fun.
  6. Oct 23, 2010
    Fresh new gamestyle in the Tombraider series. And it's got something for everyone, the thrill seekers, the completionists, the speedrunners, the casual gamers and the puzzlers. It's great, and it's got multiplayer as well. Only thing I didn't like was not being able to do keybindings yourself.
  7. Dec 22, 2010
    This game is great fun and the co-op is where the game shines! I was Lara and usually ended up deciding whether my friend lived or died while walking over my grappling hook or jumping a big distance and scaling a wall while. The challenges aren't too tough and add a bit of fun content to each level. We found ourselves replaying a few levels just to get some of the challenges. In the end, the game has some bugs and strange engine behaviors but they actually added hilarious "WTF" moments we both had a laugh at.

If you have a friend to play through this with it's totally worth it.
  8. Dec 26, 2010
    For some reason I missed the release of this game. Even though I didn't expect any Tombraider sequel to ever come close to how good the first one was, I at least always checked the sequels out. This one I just noticed a few days ago, being on sale on Steam, dirt cheap. I just bought it, figuring I couldn't go wrong for the price they asked. To my surprise it turned out to be an amazing game! The same concept as Tombraider, but in a completely different game style. Where the first Tombraider was original by being a platform puzzle/adventure and shooter game in 3rd person 3D, this one is original by combining that gameplay with a hack&slash style of gameplay (including the +stat upgrade items, though keeping it basic). I think it works incredibly well. In the entire TR series (and I lost count of how many there are) this is the first one that had me as hooked as the original. I couldn't stop playing until I had finished the game, beaten every challenge and gotten every upgrade possible. The most innovative part of the whole game is the two player co-op mode, which makes the puzzles even more fun because both players have a different set of abilities that complement each other, so you need to work closely together to get across obstacles and solve puzzles, which are different from the single player mode. I haven't even played it in co-op mode yet myself, but I can already say this game is worth every cent.

NOTE: The game favors using a game pad a lot, so get one in you can. Keyboard + mouse works (I played it like that), but a lot of hardware simply isn't capable to do the multiple actions at once (needing more than 3 keys simultaneous), like jumping diagonally and dropping/detonating a bomb mid air f.e..
  9. Mar 19, 2011
    I've seen the rave reviews about this game for months now but it was only when i tried the demo yesterday that i've experience myself how throughly wonderful and breathtaking this game is. At first i was a little intrigue as this game is played on a top-down third-person perspective a la Crusader No Remorse (one of my favorite classic), but i must truly say that i wouldn't want it any other way. From this perspective you're able to fully appreciate the game surrounding and my favorite is how the developer is able to give the player the sense of height when you're heading up through some of the levels. You will be amaze at the beautiful vista and landscape.
    Don't be fool by the miniature avatars that you or your friend will be controlling throughout the game as i was literally holding my breath through some of the devilish puzzle action sequence. You'll run, jump, swing, scale, dodge and using your reflexes quite a bit. On some of the more difficult puzzle, you will definitely die a few times but you will feel a sense of accomplishment when you do get it right.
    The only problem i had with this game, al-beight a very minor one is you'll be fighting the same minion throughout the levels. More enemy variety would be greatly appreciated.
    If you're still not sure about coughing up the fifteen dollars for the full games, just download the demo through Steam and give it a try, I'm sure after the demo you'll be grabbing for your credit card. I know i did. =)
  10. Apr 19, 2011
    I'd give it a 10 if it were a bit more challenging, and lasted a bit longer. As it is, it's pretty perfect for what it is, a 3rd person adventure/puzzle game. Replay value is pretty good if you're into the challenges, and co-op play is as good as single. It is indeed very hard to get 100%, but getting close isn't that great a challenge - still, the ride is a good one.
  11. May 24, 2012
    Good game, especially coop. I bought this for 15 euro. Good price. The combination of puzzles and action is well done. Fans of the Tombraider games have to keep in mind that this a different type of game.

The controls are incredible. Mouse and keyboard or gamepad both work great. I prefer the gamepad as I rather have precise movement controls then better aiming, and tbh the aiming with
    the rightstick is not hard at all in an isometric game. It's great to have choice in how you want to control the game.

Puzzles aren't hard, but still entertaining. Don't expect tough brainbreakers.

The graphics look all right. It's not top notch, but I don't care about that anyway.
  12. Oct 6, 2012
    El Demo de este Juego estuvo excelente! Estoy motivado a comprar el Juego Completo y a Jugarlo!
    Muy Buen Juego de Estrategia! Y trae multijugador otra caracteristica muy buena, por lo que mire, es un agente interno y no externo o online! Tambien tiene la banda sonora de Tomb Raider Legend, Anniversary y en especial Underworld!
    Muchas Gracias!
  13. Feb 12, 2013
    this game has great graphics for a top down view. it is still tomb raider, with its platforming and you still play as lara croft. gameplay is great with the way you can use bombs to create new paths, and puzzles are interesting. really consider getting a 360 controller to play it though. if you can have 3 playable characters like in Trine? i believe this game would be one of the best created.
  14. Feb 18, 2013
    Excellent game to play with your partner or friend in co-op. I was particularly impressed with some of the later puzzles they were quite challenging. Could probably even have used a few more of those.

Here's to hoping they get around to making another!
  15. Mar 6, 2013
    This may be my personal favorite Tomb Raider game, although it technically isn't part of the series. The co-op play is the best I have ever experienced. I have gone through the co-op game with 6 other people at this point. Single player isn't as strong because it is clear the game was built off of teamwork. Totec and Lara are both flat characters, but it isn't the story we're after here, it is the puzzles and challenges. Pros:
    Neat isometric game which makes use of 3D and jumping like never before seen in a game this style.
    Excellent teamwork mechanics in which both players are needed to accomplish goals.
    Puzzles are well designed, thought out, and gives you a feeling of being heroic. Some of the best level designing I have seen in a game of this style. Combat is fun and collecting items is addictive, New Game Plus is great for speed running.
    Puzzle DLC is innovative and also great for speed running.

Cons: PC controls are terrible.
    Only official Microsoft Controllers work properly with the game.
    Bad at performance even on a super-powered rig.
    No windowed option.
    Obviously designed with an XBOX 360 first mentality as the PC and PS3 are inferior to that game.

Final Judgment:
    Extremely fun game once you have it operating at its best. I have over 100 hours into it after 3 years and it is a game I can go back to all the time. If you like to speed run platformers, then this is one of the best. Glitches, zips, and skips are littered throughout the game making it enjoyable even after you can beat it in under 30 minutes. At less than $20....it is a steal.
  16. Apr 12, 2014
    Best Co-op experience I've had in a long time, really enjoyed the game, intuitive gameplay, lots of fun, much better than expected and deserves more recognition. Wouldn't mind a second one.
  17. Oct 14, 2013
    Price/Playtime[10]
    Technical Issues[10]
    ------------------------------------
    Over All[8.8]

New Lara adventures shock with a genre-change and comes with great Diablo-like playability. Smart puzzles and great co-op multiplayer mode make Guardian of Light one of the most pleasant surprises this year. [Issue#197]
  2. Dec 30, 2010
    A gem of a game on a par with the type of shiny jewels that Lara herself might travel all over the world to acquire.
  3. Dec 23, 2010
    This Lara Croft is an exciting, nice-looking game. It's a pity that some of its nagging shortcomings weren't fixed before the release.