League of Legends PC

5.5

1. Apr 4, 2013
    To start with. I've played this game for about two or three years now and I must admit that I kind of liked it In the beginning.

At this time (beginning of 2013) League of Legends is one of the most popular online games. It has millions of players all over the world, and it just seems to be more and more popular. However, in entirety, this game is not that awesome as everyone thinks, and I guess many of the players know this, but dont admit it.

It's actually quite funny because this game consists of 50% "one kind of person", because in each match I play, there's always someone who thinks he's best or is rude because someone else aint as good as he think he is and so on. Childstalk: each time he dies, its not his fault. Either it was a teammate who did wrong or it was because of lag. Silly.

The game itself is great, but you might get tierd because of the players playing it, being so rude. It's not like any other DOTA-based game. (atleast not what I've experienced)

However, enough of this, now to the actual game.
    League of Legends is considered as a DoTA-clone, but it not as much of a clone, as most other DoTA cones. You get what I mean? Both HoN, DoTA 2 and RoI are more DoTA-clones while LoL being a bit less.
    Why? Well the feeling is far from what DoTA was. Not in a bad way though. You have the same map, you do the same thing, but it's still not an exact DoTA-clone.

What are the differences? Well here they are!

Pros:
    - It's easier because it's not as fast phased as it's concurents.
    - Easier to learn and play.
    - Bigger difference between spellcasters and non-spellcasters.

Cons:
    - Too many people are being rude (not the game's fault I guess)
    - Easier (Being easy can be a consequence for some.
    - Bad balanced champions. Some champions can be way more overpowered than others.

Notes:
    What LoL have that differs from what any other DoTA Clone have, but is positive or negative deppending on your own opinion.
    LoL...
    - ...have smaller map
    - ...summonerspells, runes and masteries (like talents and gems in WoW)
    - ...much more fancy graphics

I actually dont have the time to count everything up but if you are intressted in the game anyway, look it up and make sure you like it. Else you should not waste your time on it.

At the launch of the game, I found it very enjoyable (I would have given it a 7/10), but now it's far from the same thing. If you're intrested and want to get into a DoTA based game. I recommend you to check this game out, (it's free!), but I would recommend you to try out the others first.

4/10, because it's far from what I expected in the beginning.
  2. Dcy
    May 30, 2012
    When this game started, it was good, but since a few months it changed a lot. The champions are now very OP (overpowered) and totally unbalanced. Also, the people (the community) has changed a lot, there are more people that disturbs and they don't play friendly and teamplaying.

I used to enjoy this game a lot, but now the community and the creators (RIOT) doesn't do the same, for example, the prices have changed a lot, from the minimum price to the maximum price to all champions. Now, all the "new" champions cost the maximum money possible
  3. Jan 22, 2013
  4. Jul 16, 2013
    I was initially excited about the game, having been a veteran of Warcraft 3 maps such as Tides of Blood or Defense of the Ancients, the excitement didn't really last however as the game ultimately molded into something unpleasant. Core gameplay elements were cut out, either for lack of effort or to dumb down the game such as attributes, creep denying or multiple unit control, while only aI was initially excited about the game, having been a veteran of Warcraft 3 maps such as Tides of Blood or Defense of the Ancients, the excitement didn't really last however as the game ultimately molded into something unpleasant. Core gameplay elements were cut out, either for lack of effort or to dumb down the game such as attributes, creep denying or multiple unit control, while only a couple were added in that I don't even like, such as bushes or spell vampirism. Many early champions are cut+paste chimeras of old DotA heroes, such as Ashe or Amumu while newer heroes follow a rather straightforward formula of gap closers, auto attack buffs and defensive skill.

The worst feature of the game is the carrot and stick MMO incentive system, where you must play to earn persistent stat bonuses, new champions and other such bonuses. The reward treadmill these offer help to mask the shortcomings of the game for more casual players who can feel a sense of progression not by becoming a better player, but by having stronger bonuses or champions.

Ultimately, core weaknesses in the gameplay and grind system can make the game feel dull after a while, when playing I only play with friends and they've turned to only playing ARAM in order to spice up the stale gameplay. I'd say the game might be worth playing just to try out various champions, but with the hero rotation and unavailability of heroes to the average player it might be too difficult to. League isn't as weak an entry into the genre as say Rise of Immortals, but is overshadowed by more complete or compelling MOBAs such as Smite or DotA.
  5. Jun 30, 2012
    This is a very poorly designed game with many balance issues and developers that don't give a **** about anything but making money. That is what this was solely created for; making money. I'd say its money well spent; $10 for a re-texture that changes your hero's color! That's a great price! You're going to have to pay twice as much to get new particle effects!
  6. Dec 19, 2012
    Repetitive game-play, horribly imbalanced and homogenized champions and a toxic community. I had more fun watching paint dry than playing this pathetic excuse for a video-game.
  7. Dec 21, 2011
    I have nothing against this game in particular, but rather the DotA genre as a whole. The game is built around long matches of grinding as fast as possibly to get to a higher level than your enemies, at which point you'll win because of your stats.

If you die then your enemy gets lots of experience, which gives your teammates lots of reasons to hate you, and the actual combat is boring as hell!

The one positive thing I has to say about this game is that the graphics are nice.
  8. Jun 10, 2012
    This game is too easy and by far the worst DOTA remake of all time. I mean yeah early game and mid game is fun, but late game is just a massive waste of time. It just depends on whether you can kill the whole team in one fell swoop, not items, not carries, not skill, just luck. It is a massive waste of time.
  9. Jan 22, 2012
    Almost every game matched against way stronger opponents. Most of the time they have played tons of more games than myself (100 wins against people with 1000's of wins). Also a solo player does not stand a chance because you will be matched against full premade teams (4-5 players) most of the time. Without friends to play with this is a game that should be skipped.
  10. Nov 13, 2011
    I used to play DoTA all the time and tried LoL several time over the years. The game has stayed the same easy and boring game that it has been. Leveled 3 different accounts to 30 without losing a single game. Riot has made it obvious that they don't care about hero balance. HoN on the otherhand is pretty fun with friends while LoL is just full of trolls and BRs
  11. Sep 16, 2011
    Very poor optimization despite having 10 players on a map with lower poly counts than Halo 1 - Graphics hurt your eyes, are cutesy, kitsche, and highly generic, its unappealing to anime fans or hard fantasy fans - Imbalanced to the point there is a Hero-banning option every match to voteban upto 4 broken heroes - Multiplayer consists of a couple maps and 3 game modes - Requires 30-60 hoursVery poor optimization despite having 10 players on a map with lower poly counts than Halo 1 - Graphics hurt your eyes, are cutesy, kitsche, and highly generic, its unappealing to anime fans or hard fantasy fans - Imbalanced to the point there is a Hero-banning option every match to voteban upto 4 broken heroes - Multiplayer consists of a couple maps and 3 game modes - Requires 30-60 hours of gameplay to buy 1 of the +70 heroes - Heroes frequently get nerfed or OP buffed - Gameplay is very basic to an RTS player and tons of needless non-strategy complication in order to win - You can be player-reported and permabanned for quitting a losing match, getting angry in game, and being a newb - Exceptionally unstable servers, random patches, frequent random downtime, despite making millions from its freemium platform - Incredible lack of content in spite of having more employees than WoW's original team - This is all inexcusable even for a free-to-play game, its popular because it has a MMO carrot-and-stick system with almost no content to speak of and no plans for major updates despite making millions per day. Expand
  12. Oct 10, 2010
    On the surface this game seems good but there are a number of horrendous issues. Firstly, the game is technically laughable. It crashes regularly in many and various ways. Sometimes you can queue for a game then have it crash right before the map loads. There is a "reconnect" button when you reload but it rarely works. The performance of the game is a joke. It consumes so much memory I hadOn the surface this game seems good but there are a number of horrendous issues. Firstly, the game is technically laughable. It crashes regularly in many and various ways. Sometimes you can queue for a game then have it crash right before the map loads. There is a "reconnect" button when you reload but it rarely works. The performance of the game is a joke. It consumes so much memory I had to turn the settings down to low to stop it from crashing my computer (which can normally run graphics intensive games at 1900X1200 on high settings - for example team fortress 2) Secondly, the game lacks even the most basic of features that are required. They only recently introduced a draft system which is a basic requirement for this genre of game. There is no built in voice chat so you have to use ventrillo, There are only two maps.

Thirdly, the pricing structure of this game is absurd. Sure you can technically play for free but you only have access to a random small selection of champions. If you decide to spend some money you can unlock a few more but even having spent 60-70 dollars you still do not own all the available champions. Add to this the fact that new champions are released every two weeks and you end up with a buggy, unfinished, imbalanced borderline scam of a game. Riot's business model seems doomed to failure as I can only imagine it revolves around housebound man children with too much disposable income who are notoriously fickle and will soon be moving on to the next shiny thing to waste their money on and children who beg their parents for mom's credit card to keep feeding their addiction to new champions and new skins.

In short the game looks fun and feels fun after a couple of games but it has no depth and even in it's shallow waters there is nothing but technical issues, balance issues, and a development team so incompetent they managed to make a game that is less reliable than any other pc release of the last 10 years.

Overall, this game is a waste of time and has left me regretting the small amount of money I spent on it for such little reward.
  13. Mar 30, 2011
    Probably one of the most boring games I've ever played. Almost fell asleep playing it. I had more fun watching the news. Big waste of my time trying out this game.
  14. Jan 19, 2015
    I was in cbt, it was good back then. There were only about 40-50 champions to select from with a new one coming every few months. Now they are releasing a new champion every other week which makes it impossible to keep up with getting new champions unless you lack a life or want to spend a lot of real money on it. One of my idiot friends fell for this and has spent 5.8k usd on league soI was in cbt, it was good back then. There were only about 40-50 champions to select from with a new one coming every few months. Now they are releasing a new champion every other week which makes it impossible to keep up with getting new champions unless you lack a life or want to spend a lot of real money on it. One of my idiot friends fell for this and has spent 5.8k usd on league so far... I might rate this up to a 5 if they included an all in one package, for one price, like smite did... However, the game is no longer about skill, its about "counters." Problem is, if you don't grind using crappy champions or wont spend real money (on a garbage game might I add) you wont be able to counter said OP champions. I am sorry but this is just a piss poor design. Smite is the better option, hi-rez might be a team of inbred morons but at least they made a solid skill based game, compared to this garbage. Expand
  15. Apr 11, 2012
    Simply put, this is DotA for children. Poor heroes balance, horrible gameplay, childish graphics and permament perks kill the purpose of the Defense of the Ancients genre. It might be interesting for gamers who never played the genre, so they can learn the basics before starting to play real games, such as DotA, DotA 2 or Heroes of Newerth; this game's community is full of newbies andSimply put, this is DotA for children. Poor heroes balance, horrible gameplay, childish graphics and permament perks kill the purpose of the Defense of the Ancients genre. It might be interesting for gamers who never played the genre, so they can learn the basics before starting to play real games, such as DotA, DotA 2 or Heroes of Newerth; this game's community is full of newbies and having a bad player on your team doesn't really matter here; teamplay and strategy have been completely forgotten. Expand
  16. Jun 19, 2011
    It was good, untill The login quoues gets up to 3 hrs... and then it loggs out and the servers are not avaible, and when they are again you are put back in 3hrs quoue. Sure, I dont pay anything for the game soo no need to complain, but I know there is ppl paying for it and still are not able to play couse the servers dosnt work.
    While writing this I had sit it quoue for about 2hrs to log
    While writing this I had sit it quoue for about 2hrs to log in and was not long left. But I got this messege, "server is busy try again later" And I have to wait another 2 hrs to log in.

Other then the login I like the game, atleast when I can play it, wich isnt that often atm.
  17. DavidW
    Nov 6, 2009
    LoL is a god awful game, The graphics are just terrible, I played this game just before it released and I could not tolerate it for longer than 5 mins before I was forced to quit. On top of that the Play for Free, Pay to Pwn scheme that will end up from their micro transaction means the game will be a great success in the Asain market but will flop and be bad in the US. If you want a REAL LoL is a god awful game, The graphics are just terrible, I played this game just before it released and I could not tolerate it for longer than 5 mins before I was forced to quit. On top of that the Play for Free, Pay to Pwn scheme that will end up from their micro transaction means the game will be a great success in the Asain market but will flop and be bad in the US. If you want a REAL game in this genre not some F2P piece of garbage Play S2 games HoN Expand
  18. Aug 27, 2010
    I'm not a very big fan of this game. I stopped playing DotA and got my friend to also stop playing DotA to come play this game. I was very disappointed with the graphics - I cannot stand them at all! The game requires almost no skill to play. If you are really bad at DotA, then this is the game for you. Dying accounts for almost nothing in this game - you can die as much as you want and itI'm not a very big fan of this game. I stopped playing DotA and got my friend to also stop playing DotA to come play this game. I was very disappointed with the graphics - I cannot stand them at all! The game requires almost no skill to play. If you are really bad at DotA, then this is the game for you. Dying accounts for almost nothing in this game - you can die as much as you want and it barely affects which team will end up winning. That is good in the aspect that there is no such thing as "feeding" in this game, since dying doesn't do anything. But that also means you can't get "fed", which is something I enjoyed about doing in DotA. Graphics are terrible. My friend and I played it for a whole week, then went back to DotA, since LoL is terrible. Now, we both play Heroes of Newerth. The game is free, which it should be since it is so bad. I wouldn't expect anyone to pay for something like this. And the graphics in LoL is terrible, in case I haven't mentioned that yet. If you look for the word "fail" in the dictionary, you will see the League of Legends logo next to it. Expand
  19. PaulR
    Nov 4, 2009
    The same unbalanced unfair gameplay that made dota so horrible. They improved on the item system, but the rest is still the same old dota failure. Levels and itms have no place in fair competitive pvp combat!
  20. Apr 5, 2015
    Id rather take a massive **** on my mums face. At least I get some pleasure relieving my bowls. Only recommended if planning on murdering yourself and possibly everyone around you!
  21. Jun 4, 2015
    There is certainly a good amount of content to experience here considering the low number of maps. However I simply can not get past the general slowness of this game. The match times are inflated basically due to this. Walking is slow, combat is slow, everything moves at a snail's pace. You do get currency fairly quickly to buy new heroes if you are at least half decent, and there isThere is certainly a good amount of content to experience here considering the low number of maps. However I simply can not get past the general slowness of this game. The match times are inflated basically due to this. Walking is slow, combat is slow, everything moves at a snail's pace. You do get currency fairly quickly to buy new heroes if you are at least half decent, and there is plenty to choose from. However they all have a fairly generic feel with few exceptions. Also, after a little over 50 matches I don't think I've gone more than 2 consecutive matches without trolls going off on some offensive rant on me or team mates. Seriously sometimes you feel like you're playing with the Taliban or ISIS or something. It's best just to ignore your team all together unless they're being friendly or you know them already.... unless you're the type of person who feeds on being trolled on and insulted for minor things. Graphics are pretty much a notch above farmville quality. Sound is okay but not memorable. Control response is fairly abysmal.

Overall, I give this game a 4 out of 10. It's got a good concept, but its slowness, community, and lack of responsive controls is a turn off for me. I respect those who enjoy this MOBA, however it's just not for me and I guess I just don't "get it" as to why it's so popular.
  22. Mar 18, 2015
    My first couple of games were good until I joined a game and was reported by 4 players simply because I was new and didn't know league terminology. They need to sort their crap out.
  23. Apr 3, 2015
    I test, Is equal dota but more simple, too much publicity, much RatBoy, graphics hurt your eyes, are cutesy, kitsche, and highly generic, its unappealing to anime fans, easy and boring.
  24. Sep 9, 2015
    Just hate LoL i know it's one of the most popular games and most guys play it because of the multiplayer but i hate it. I tried to play it but i'm very bad at it. Just hate it. I give it 4 only for the beatiful environment of the game.
  25. Sep 21, 2015
    This game used to be fun. From season 1 to season 3 it was pretty enjoyable. The start of season 4 was okay, but as time went on, the balance just got worse and the game became even buggier. For weeks after a patch is released champions are constantly getting disabled for bugs entirely unrelated to any changes made. Riot is unwilling to create a new client to replace the ancient adobe airThis game used to be fun. From season 1 to season 3 it was pretty enjoyable. The start of season 4 was okay, but as time went on, the balance just got worse and the game became even buggier. For weeks after a patch is released champions are constantly getting disabled for bugs entirely unrelated to any changes made. Riot is unwilling to create a new client to replace the ancient adobe air client. The last mention of a new client was quite a while ago, and the person working on it has since quit from Riot Games. The largest and one of the most competitive games in the world, and they can't even be bothered to add a replay system. Their excuse for not adding a replay system is that "it creates toxicity". Really...toxicity? I would entirely recommend playing a different moba like Strife, Smite, DotA 2, or any other moba that has developers that actually care about something other than money and publicity. Expand
  26. Jan 16, 2016
    This cancer gave me the utmost disbelief in my own faith in the ability for apes to create a game, I honestly thought that this game made by baboons would be alright, then again it didnt work. Matchmaking gives me a failing trust in computers.
  27. Jan 8, 2016
    I've played this game since season 1, before it was even referred to as season 1. This game was WAY better when it first started. Not only did they have an actual customer service, but the back a story. Now they're trying, but you can tell...its garbage. Then you come to the player aspect. I have NEVER been so disrespected SO often for NO REASON!! People ruin your games for fun, go intoI've played this game since season 1, before it was even referred to as season 1. This game was WAY better when it first started. Not only did they have an actual customer service, but the back a story. Now they're trying, but you can tell...its garbage. Then you come to the player aspect. I have NEVER been so disrespected SO often for NO REASON!! People ruin your games for fun, go into ranked with the soul purpose of leaving or feeding. Now, and this is my favorite. THIS GAME IS FULL OF CHEATERS/SCRIPTERS FROM THE GROUND UP!!! They only just recently added a report feature to bring up cheating. Some Champions have 5 or 10 skins, when other champions have an alternate that came out with the champion. They update features, without even considering that the updates they make might affect other aspects of the game for the worse, and trust me...they generally always affect the game for the worse. Instead of League of Legends, compared to heroes of the storm....this game is filth. Expand
  28. Jan 6, 2016
    pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure ****pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** pure **** Expand
  29. Jan 31, 2016
    League of Legends is a game about communication, skill and teamwork. Here are a few questions that you should ask yourself before even considering playing it:

Do you have at least 3 friends you know you will be playing with regularly? Are you willing to invest hundreds of hours into a game that takes around 30 minutes to finish? Can you accept that in the best case (if you have

Do you have at least 3 friends you know you will be playing with regularly?
    Can you accept that in the best case (if you have experience in competitive games, can work well in a team and respond quickly to the actions of all other 9 players) you will win 55-60% of the games that you play?
    Are you able to cope with toxic behavior on a regular basis without engaging in pointless arguments?

If the answer to any of the above questions is "No", then please don't even start playing this game.

As I mentioned above, if you are good at the game (and statistically half of the players are not good at the game) you will only win a little more than half of your games. The only way you can enjoy this game is by acknowledging the fact that in at least 30% of the games there will be nothing you could have done by the end of the game to help win it. This of course works both ways: In 30% of the games the scale will tip significantly in favor of one of the two teams. As a result 60% of the games will either be an easy win or almost certain loss, leaving only 40% where there is some challenge. This is when you can truly enjoy the game and for some players the adrenaline from those 40% make up for the other 60% of lackluster experience.

It definitely does not help that because of the competitive nature of the game and the fact that every single person in the team must perform well in order to win the game, the game often ends up in a big argument between the players of the losing team (or sometimes even the winning team) which ultimately hinders their ability to work as a team and makes matters even worse. Even if you don't take part in those arguments you will be a witness to such behavior constantly, making those 60% even less enjoyable.

Retrospectively, League of Legends is a game that needs to be played for hundreds of hours to be appreciated but is fun only 40% of the time. Whether you are willing to sacrifice so much of your time for the enjoyment of those 40% is something that you need to decide for yourself. I think a score should represent the enjoyment that one gets from a certain game. LoL is not enjoyable every 6/10 games and enjoyable every 4/10 games, and as such I give it a 4/10.
  30. Jan 29, 2016
    WORST GAME EVER DELETE INSTANDLY IF U HAVENT DONE YET

Install DOta 2 waaayyyy better, no french **** WORST GAME EVER DELETE INSTANDLY IF U HAVENT DONE YET Install DOta 2 waaayyyy better, no french **** WORST GAME EVER DELETE INSTANDLY IF U HAVENT DONE YET Install DOta 2 waaayyyy better, no french **** WORST GAME EVER DELETE INSTANDLY IF U HAVENT DONE YET Install DOta 2

31. Jan 10, 2016
    better than witcher 3.better than witcher 3.

i am joking
  32. Jan 10, 2016
    Buy one champ, play him over and over again until you think you are good at him after 100 games u can finally buy another champ just to play him 100 matches to finally get another one. While you are playing you encounter a lot of people, most of them are telling you how bad you are until you make your penta and win you the match but no one will tell you that you are good ever.

So

So basiclly a very boring game from minute one on.
  33. Jan 24, 2016
    love this game but it was more fun back in old days now because of all the new update 's item's also update 's on the game and it lags big time and there is more trolls that play in rank i lose more games now than ever before than in old days have the game i never rage as much as i did before people report you for dumb **** ive had games over and over where people fed and never group up aslove this game but it was more fun back in old days now because of all the new update 's item's also update 's on the game and it lags big time and there is more trolls that play in rank i lose more games now than ever before than in old days have the game i never rage as much as i did before people report you for dumb **** ive had games over and over where people fed and never group up as a team carry is old saying if u do not have team that can not play together u can get fed all u like but i take a team that works as a team over a fed anyone any day Expand
  34. Feb 10, 2016
    My Grandfather smoked his whole life. I was about 10 years old when my mother said to him, 'If you ever want to see your grandchildren graduate, you have to stop immediately.'. Tears welled up in his eyes when he realized what exactly was at stake. He gave it up immediately. Three years later he died of lung cancer. It was really sad and destroyed me. My mother said to me- 'Don't everMy Grandfather smoked his whole life. I was about 10 years old when my mother said to him, 'If you ever want to see your grandchildren graduate, you have to stop immediately.'. Tears welled up in his eyes when he realized what exactly was at stake. He gave it up immediately. Three years later he died of lung cancer. It was really sad and destroyed me. My mother said to me- 'Don't ever smoke. Please don't put your family through what your Grandfather put us through." I agreed. At 28, I have never touched a cigarette. I must say, I feel a very slight sense of regret for never having done it, because this game gave me cancer anyway. Expand
  35. Jan 10, 2016
    I dont know what is worst this game or the things I have heard about it. Sounds really idiot, sounds really idiot, feels like idiot and is really idiot. Not worth of playing. Useless.
  36. Jun 18, 2016
    Very bad relation user-programer because:
    -Camping is everything in this game
    -You bought a skin, now they change the splash, the skills, where is my money?
    -Mirror matches will result in headache
    -Has no game modes and no custom feature for custom matches
    -Really weak development for mouse
  37. Jun 3, 2015
    so many bugs and problens, the tech part of this game is a very old, i'm live in 2015
    I forget the 90s, plis, so ugly, I refuse to speak about the size of this game....useless...
  38. Mar 17, 2014
    I love League of Legends and have been playing it since S2. S3 was the best for me because I was doing great and the best thing about S3 is no lag or random crashes or dcs. I am SO irritated by losing my promos and LP while in champ select by dcing or crashing. I don't know why you guys are using the DDoSers as an excuse to all this. What does crashing have anything to do with this?? Also,I love League of Legends and have been playing it since S2. S3 was the best for me because I was doing great and the best thing about S3 is no lag or random crashes or dcs. I am SO irritated by losing my promos and LP while in champ select by dcing or crashing. I don't know why you guys are using the DDoSers as an excuse to all this. What does crashing have anything to do with this?? Also, why don't you shove the millions you make from us and change your stupid ISP to another company instead of "saving money"? I've had enough of your **** and I'm currently transitioning to HoN and maybe even Dota 2. In only a few days my K:D for fizz dropped from 12:4 to 10.7:4 because I keep disconnecting. Fix your **** Expand
  39. Jan 2, 2016
    Update to my old review of this game. Basically when I originally reviewed this game I summed it up by saying "Its pretty good but dont bother unless you have 4 friends to play with". But now many things have changed for the worse to the point where its worth a new review.

Firstly ive been playing this game since its creation and I can say without any doubt the current state is the most unbalanced the game has ever been in its history. The current state of balance is laughable at best.

This leads nicely into the second point, there are 128 champs as of writing but only about 20 are actually viable for competitive play. This can easily be seen in game. With every game featuring mostly the same champs from the pool of 20 viable ones. The last 10 games I had for example I saw a Yasuo in all but 3 and in those 3 he was banned, a Mundo banned in 6 played in 3, Illaio banned in all but 1, Fiora banned in 5 played in 3. Oh and dont even think about picking one of the non viable champs unless you want to get flamed so much you set on fire.

Leads me into my 3rd point, the game has never had a good community, its always been ban. It comes with the territory but as of writing the player base is appalling. Its simply now at the point where I mute everyone at the games start if im playing solo que. But I wouldn't recommend playing solo que anyway, Full team pre made only if you want to get the most out of this game.

To sum it up I used to play 3-4 games a day and during the early period I actually put money into the game, Now I play 2 maybe 3 games a week with a full team. I have not spent a single dime on the game since those early days and I will not be spending any more on the game, until its fixed both technically and balancing.
  40. Nov 14, 2013
    Buy to play game, don't be fooled by giant false advertising logo of free to play. This game is like a trial game. The game offers you samples every week, you cannot play other heroes unless you buy them or spend hundreds of hours (days) grinding to earn points to get a hero, OH WAIT, you need to spend those points to buy runes to upgrade your heroes abilities or you will not be able toBuy to play game, don't be fooled by giant false advertising logo of free to play. This game is like a trial game. The game offers you samples every week, you cannot play other heroes unless you buy them or spend hundreds of hours (days) grinding to earn points to get a hero, OH WAIT, you need to spend those points to buy runes to upgrade your heroes abilities or you will not be able to contest other people who can BUY heroes. Also, the community is full of flaming retarded kids, there's no escape, there are too many of them. Expand
  41. Feb 16, 2014
    I have been playing this game for nearly 3 years now, and I have to say that I don't like the state that the game is currently in and the way it is going. LoL had its best times in season 2, but since then continually got worse. I was deep into the pro scene and ranked at high platinum, so I do have some insight into the game.
    First off, this game is rather easy to get into if you compare
    First off, this game is rather easy to get into if you compare it with other MOBA's. The reason why most MOBA players consider LoL rather "easy" is because the gameplay is very straightforward. It removed things like denying (killing your own creeps), destructible environment (trees), different shops etc. compared to its spiritual ancestor "DotA". Which is not a bad thing at first. The problem however is, that the developers removed every other demanding tactical element of the game one after one:
    -New champions and reworked older champions become one trick ponys; almost no champion allows different playstyles anymore because there is one way of building/playing him that makes all alternatives pointless. Players call this "meta" and Riot (the developers) more and more enforce said meta, which I consider a bad thing, since it strongly limits your playstyle, forcing you into roles, itembuilds, etc.
    -The itempool is extremely limited at the moment. Compared to DotA, the items in LoL lack some form of uniqueness. Over the past seasons, the developers continually removed items that were out of line or too weak. Newer items were useless in most cases. There are items that simply do nearly the same thing, with one item being superior however. There are items that just fit certain roles and types of champions too perfectly. All this leads to a poor diversity in itembuilds: You will see ADC's build the same items in 9/10 cases, you will see midlaners build one of two itemcombos 10/10, you will see toplaners get the same 2 items in 9/10 cases. Junglers and supports get enforced on specific "support" and "jungle" items, as even the developers call them. And at least 30% of the items you will almost never see built by any semi-experienced player.
    This combined leads to overall very thin item diversity between all players that played enough games to understand at least a bit of the meta, and increasingly thin champion diversity the higher the level of play is. As an example, within a typical week of LCS, the eSports league of the game, you will see (from a pool of 120 champions) around 60-70 of them being not picked at all, 30-40 of them being picked 1 or 2 times, and around 20 being picked or banned almost every game. This differs between roles aswell, midlane and jungle have the most "viable" champs, while there are at the moment only 3-4 viable toplaners and marksmen. This is because of serious issues in balancing. The game designers fail at balancing at a reasonable level, which is why you will see certain champions being catapulted up and down in strength on every patch, which happens way too often. Why spend money on a skin for a certain champion when he can become completely unviable or reworked within the next month?
    Also, the developers flattened out the champion power overall compared to "DotA". You wont see any gamebreaking abilites, extreme manacosts or 1vs5 hypercarrys when extremely fed. This is at first not a bad thing, as it leads to a higher need for teamwork, but it also has disadvantages: The game is sometimes too forgiving, and a vast portion of tactic in laning phase is removed, often reducing it to pure mechanical skill. Especially the current meta in pro play is extremely boring, super safe lanes that do nothing but farming gold from minion kills until the 20 min mark, and then the game breaking down in 2 or 3 importan teamfights. (for example the developers made it unworth to get objectives (epic monsters and towers) in early game, even when most of the community and pro players told them it was a bad idea)
    All this champion and item problems lead to the developers only being able to balance the game by numbers, which often results in said meta enforcing and poor diversity.
    Other aspects of the game:

+ paying model is fair and functional
    + runes add to strategy and diversity
    + the eSports scene is big and accesible
    + the game is especially fun with friends and has some different gamemodes for casual players
    +/- graphics look more and more stale, being mostly unupdated since 3 years, but the game runs very smooth as a result
    - the community is at least 50% immature flamers that all want you to get cancer on doing a mistake, report you if you play bad and all did your mom
    - the developers dont really care about the community, especially on the EUW shard. The forum has almost no developer communication at all.
    - the servers have frequent problems
    - more and more players consider the game to be on a downhill trend, also some retired pro players
    - event content is more and more often effortless
    - the banning system is poorly functional
    - the air client is outdated and unstable
  42. Jun 21, 2015
    In the beginning it was fun.

But after a few years it's just more crap. There come new champions are far too strong. Patching all too moronic. And the prices in the shop are getting worse.

League of Legends has become no longer a game that should be fun, but a money machine.
  43. Jan 11, 2015
    Awful game. Repetitive gameplay, totally unbalanced champions, only one real map. I know people are saying this game is funny with friend but they should probably play better game which are funniest like Awesomenauts. The "Hardcore gamers" shoulden't loose their time on this and probably should go play Dota 2
  44. Oct 18, 2015
    The community is horrible, expect to lose your sanity as every game, there are 9 other kids who want to **** your mother. Add to that the fact that starting is so difficult due to over priced champions and unfair mechanics for newcomers. Riot dont give a **** either, they just want your monies for their stupid skins.
  45. Nov 11, 2013
    Horrible balance, slow developers, unfocused updates. Riot dedicates too much time into creating champions and skins to sell instead of balancing the heroes they have.

When champions have to be individually purchased how can the game be balanced? The playing field isn't level unless you want to drop a few hundred dollars or you play for 2-3 years straight to earn all of them.

Whenever Riot releases a new champion it now costs even more regular IP to purchase, promoting the use of dollar purchase. How can a game be balanced when the business model is to make appealing champions for purchase? Of course these new heroes will be unbalanced!

This is a small fraction of the problem, others include: community, matchmaking, terrible client, server latency, trolls, abusable report system, surrender option that ruins attitude of players, EXPENSIVE champions, balance issues, outdated graphics, boring champions (abilities are VERY repetitive and generic), AND WORST OF ALL they have ruined the genre with masteries/runes/and "summoner spells" that give players a free escape 1 ability on a long cooldown.
  46. Jun 17, 2015
    The game itself is great, has a lot of potential and so on. But there's something that happened to the community. The community is by far the worst on all games. In about every match there's someone making fun of someone who made a mistake or something. There's always the "flamers" who destroys the game.
    "mid or afk"
    "u suck" y didn't you help me retard" The list goes on. You are
    "mid or afk"
    "u suck"
    y didn't you help me retard"

The list goes on. You are basically being bullied if you play bad in this game.
  47. Aug 4, 2015
    They couldn't build this game with balance that is why they are nerfing and buffing heroes all the time and the graphics when there is a game like Dota 2 why do you even bother to play this.
  48. Nov 13, 2015
    Played league of legends about 3.5 years, Uninstalled, The community is progressively worst each year. Riot has Mods who abuse the power they are given to audit and will report you just for them having a bad game themselves, they will match you with Bots in ranked, this is more of a freemium game because if you want to be really good you won't have the points needed to keep buying runePlayed league of legends about 3.5 years, Uninstalled, The community is progressively worst each year. Riot has Mods who abuse the power they are given to audit and will report you just for them having a bad game themselves, they will match you with Bots in ranked, this is more of a freemium game because if you want to be really good you won't have the points needed to keep buying rune pages or anything helpful. I'm 27 years old and this is literally the most toxic game I have played, great potential but they have gone about it all wrong, I received a suspension for nothing and no proof providing, not even perma ban but I uninstalled and throwing in the towel not worth the lost time, money and frustration. Way more fun games out there. Expand
  49. Dec 9, 2013
    Not sure I understand the appeal of this game, aside from being free (well, mostly).

At first, it seemed really fun. Hundreds of champions to experiment with? Awesome! Strategic multiplayer battles? Fun! Then I realized after playing for a while that all of the champions were pretty much the same damn thing with different colored lights coming out of their hands/swords/guns/etc. The

Then I realized after playing for a while that all of the champions were pretty much the same damn thing with different colored lights coming out of their hands/swords/guns/etc. The only real difference is that some are stronger/weaker than others, so they're imbalanced, which shouldn't be the case in a game such as this.

Also, the same two maps over and over again? Grinding the same map(s), with similar characters, over and over again, for weeks, in order to level up, in order to do the same thing again, endlessly, all with a bunch of whiny, immature brats? HOW can anyone play this game for more than a few weeks? *Boggle*
  50. Jan 7, 2015
    Worst community i've ever seen in a Game. It becomes unplayable, specially in Brazil, where 90% of players start calling your mother something before the match even starts. Listen to me, it's not worth playing, you are only going to screw the rest of your day.
  51. Mar 1, 2014
    They have the worst matchmaking. I can't believe any company would do such a big mistake to allow duo q option into a solo competitive mode. I'm talking about their ranked matchmaking. It sucks so much when you see high elo people carrying low elo friends through duo q.. ruining the fun for everyone.
  52. Nov 7, 2013
    garbage game copied doto garbage game copied doto garbage game copied doto garbage game copied doto garbage game copied doto garbage game copied doto garbage game copied doto
  53. Nov 3, 2013
    I can't believe i've played this game. It' was awful. Gameplay imbalance, depressed graphic, easy combat and i think it is just a pile of rubbish. When you play this game you feel nothing but waste your time. Bottom line is this is just a cheap copy of DotA
  54. Nov 8, 2013
    League of Legends is unbalanced, pay-to-win game. Why unbalanced? It's easy. If u play longer you have predominance due to runes and heroes... How Riot enabled it for players? You have to play an infinite number of games to gain all champions and runes. The new league system was create for cash because users tired of the digits and it didn't bring profit. Chess (ELO) system was the best,League of Legends is unbalanced, pay-to-win game. Why unbalanced? It's easy. If u play longer you have predominance due to runes and heroes... How Riot enabled it for players? You have to play an infinite number of games to gain all champions and runes. The new league system was create for cash because users tired of the digits and it didn't bring profit. Chess (ELO) system was the best, but due to money Riot check system. This game is not for ranked games, but for fun game, because it's quite unfair if u start play against player who's get all runes for example. What more... this game doesn't require any skills and experience. Only runes get you win and common sense. Only need to use skill/spell on the weakest unit and it's gone.....So bad this game 0/10 Expand
  55. Nov 8, 2013
    Really flat game, lowskillcap as Pay 2 win, and really really unbalanced because the devs wants to sell their last released overpowered character. Servers are really bad, the game crash a lot. Have the worst toxic community of the entire gaming world.
  56. Nov 14, 2013
    I can not understand how you would want to play a game that has NO free heros, but simply has a few that rotate and you can not get your own without paying money. "free to play" my butt.
  57. Nov 11, 2013
    That was complete garbage. I downloaded after playing dota 2 for awhile and wanted to try out another one of these games, turns out you can only pick from 10 characters while others can pick from every character, that is funny. The picking stage is vital to moba games and not having every character is pointless.
  58. Nov 9, 2013
    The graphic sucks RLY hard, its imbalanced u get bashed by nearly EVERYTHING in the game, the comm is AWFUL everybody is flaming u and insulting u like little childs
  59. Nov 14, 2013
    Let me start off by saying I played this game for a long time and was in gold S2. The game was enjoyable because of who and how you played it with friends. I took a step back and looked at the actual game as if I was reviewing it without influence. It comes down to the game has really bad graphics and looks, your team forces you (or you can force your team) to go into one lane out ofLet me start off by saying I played this game for a long time and was in gold S2. The game was enjoyable because of who and how you played it with friends. I took a step back and looked at the actual game as if I was reviewing it without influence. It comes down to the game has really bad graphics and looks, your team forces you (or you can force your team) to go into one lane out of three and sit there for a while doing insignificant nothings and later on if you team feels like it you will group up and go around the map finding the enemy team. The game is geared at a very young audience (pre-teens) and is basic enough to get you little brother into video gaming. You have to buy all the characters you want to play and for most people it can be very expensive to fully enjoy what the game has to offer. The designers fail to realize that the people who express their beliefs on the forums are few and far between, the people who don't go to the forums and just keep playing the game actually have no influence on the game's development because if you like something its too bad because the developers will never know. The game its self and the community is stressful depending on your level of play may not even speak your language. If your pure goal is to find a game that is enjoyable to play day after day, this is not the game for you. Expand
  60. Jan 26, 2015
    When this game came out it was awesome,but somehow it got derailed. Balance is absolute crap, you see the same 10-15 champs in every game every tournament for the last 2 years...

The community is crap too, full of angry arrogant selfish kiddoes ,who start swearing as soon as they make a mistake and die, oh and they want to insta report you for not playing according to their rulebook of how to play,what they checked on some web page and be aware if you want to chance anything up to your liking.

Originally you could test this and that which made the game much more fun seeing how it turned out not anymore,due to these brainless kiddoes. Every game is more or less the same ,the game is boring and dull.

Oh one more thing, sometimes they take your favourite champion(which isnt even close to being op) and redesign it so it is doesnt even resembles the original one, fe soraka who should be a healer ,yet she cant heal herself anymore, instead she uses her own health to heal others... what a **** desing no wonder nobody pick her anymore.

This game maybe looks good and sounds good , you could enjoy it for a month or two , but then it became boring and frustrating. Go try out Smite or even the new Blizzard's one Heroes of somthing is much more fun , or dota 2 which I heared is much more balanced.
  61. Jul 2, 2015
    just a really bad game with a really bad community behind a really bad company. not much to say here. Riot just wants your money so they keep creating really unoriginal content to get you to purchase RP.
  62. Nov 16, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Save yourself the pain of helplessly watching your champion get destroyed by max-level exploiters. There is no strategy, there is no fun, all there is is a **** of rape waiting to piss you off until you rip your hair out. Expand
  63. Jul 21, 2013
    This game is the best game ever. 15 year old graphics with cartoon characters that all have same abilities and are released more often than CoD map packs. Also, the rune system is amazing, I mean who wouldn't want to customize their Champion in any way they want, while it falls in the only 1 set role it can possibly have. This game has an amazing community, people never yell at you whileThis game is the best game ever. 15 year old graphics with cartoon characters that all have same abilities and are released more often than CoD map packs. Also, the rune system is amazing, I mean who wouldn't want to customize their Champion in any way they want, while it falls in the only 1 set role it can possibly have. This game has an amazing community, people never yell at you while they allow you to pick any champion you want despite it being picked 3 times already on the team. Champion design is amazing as well, I like how well developed female chars are and how deep their personality is. All in all, best game ever without any doubt. Expand
  64. Mar 29, 2014
    So to start off, I've played this game for well over 2 years, maybe even 3. 2 years ago, I tried this game because I had a friend who's been playing since closed beta, and raved about it saying how awesome it was.

I started playing, and yeah, it was okay. I got better, and had some fun because I had friends to play with, but once I started doing solo matchmaking, the game started to show it's true colors. Riot has to be by far the worst company in terms of game development that I have ever seen people take seriously. I got a DotA 2 beta key, saw what a real free to play game is, and going back to LoL to try and have fun like I did back then is near impossible. Just to list some of the reasons:
    [1]Riot's paywall: every character in the game costs a large amount of in-game currency, or about $10 in real money
    [2]Balance: it's non-existent. I see the same set of champions every match, not because people have fun playing them, but they're the easiest to stomp the enemy team with. Every major patch changes the balance, and Riot always has at least 1 champion that's not played very often, made overpowered so that people will buy them with real money.
    [3]Bugs: they're everywhere, the biggest LoL tournament in the world had a champion banned from being played because they found a game-breaking bug on him (Aatrox)
    [4]Bandwidth use: it uses Pando Media Booster, which is basically a torrent application that runs in the background. It eats up bandwidth like a starving rodent, and it has to be uninstalled or it will always run without you knowing.
    [5]It uses adobe air: That's right, the client runs adobe air. It's 2014, and a platform that should have died almost a decade ago is still used by these people. It looks bad, it runs slow, and it's some minor bugs that are still quite annoying.
    [6]EXTREMELY limited game engine: if you've ever played an RTS, or DotA, you'll notice some of these issues right away. You can only move your hero, and no creeps or pets have abilities that are castable. And the game has no pause function, or voice chat system, which are really importand for communication and waiting for someone to reconnect (their servers have connection issues, and they blame them on Comcast for the American ones regularly)

These are problems with the actual game, I'm not even going to bother with talking about the community, or Riot's dealings with people in the past because that's not really related to how the game plays, mechanics wise. Avoid this game like the plague if you're looking for something that has anything good to speak of.
  65. Feb 4, 2014
    Many bugs , Server unstable , Horrible community ,... Only good to have fun with friends other wise forget it ! Then it is a copy of dota where Riot added a way to make money : Lock champions which i stupid but well...At least the game is not balanced at all, you will understand if you play against a Katarina ....
  66. May 4, 2014
    Fun game? Yes
    Good Game? Far from it.
    First, as is often the case with F2P MOBA games, most people are snob and toxic, no one can fix it, you have to find more than 4 people who can trust and play with, if you want to ENJOY the game. Second, the balancing is horrible, I really can't believe they have a PBE server to test things, almost every new champ or item brought to live server
    Fun game? Yes
    Good Game? Far from it.

Second, the balancing is horrible, I really can't believe they have a PBE server to test things, almost every new champ or item brought to live server is broken and so game-changing.
    It seems there are no logic or principle behind their balance, just pumping out new things to keep people playing.
  67. Apr 28, 2014
    Overall "positive" remarkable gaming experience like no other. Worst gaming community. Worst publishers. You lose for the most stupidest reasons. You win because they **** their pants. You start right off the bat with the intensifying games. Addicting as **** you can go ahead and waste your time drastically compared to other games as I did. These factors cause you to throw your life away.Overall "positive" remarkable gaming experience like no other. Worst gaming community. Worst publishers. You lose for the most stupidest reasons. You win because they **** their pants. You start right off the bat with the intensifying games. Addicting as **** you can go ahead and waste your time drastically compared to other games as I did. These factors cause you to throw your life away. If there were pills designed to end the League of Legends addiction, I would take as much as possible. 3 months isn't enough to get it out of your system. This pain in the ass takes years. Expand
  68. Feb 6, 2015
    The worst multiplayer game I've ever played. Don't even waste your money buying something in their online store. This game is a business and was made to make money on stupid people be smarter. Their servers are always down or lagging, they have maintenance modes every week when ranked or normal modes disabled. This is just disgusting. If your client will stop working and you will reconnectThe worst multiplayer game I've ever played. Don't even waste your money buying something in their online store. This game is a business and was made to make money on stupid people be smarter. Their servers are always down or lagging, they have maintenance modes every week when ranked or normal modes disabled. This is just disgusting. If your client will stop working and you will reconnect after 5 minutes they will kick you automatically and you need to reconnect again! and then the next game you must wait 5 minutes to start a game. This is a business not a game. I have less pleasure playing this game and more stress. Just disgusting. Expand
  69. Sep 10, 2015
    I played 1 game in Casual as Ashe. Everyone blamed me for losing just because I was playing Ashe. The game in itself is not that bad ,but the community just kills it ,and drives you away. I did play 1 game in Ranked once I was able to from playing VS AI ,and DAMN the community is just toxic. The entire team was just fighting. I mean ,that's just ,annoying ,and unfriendly.
  70. Feb 16, 2016
    A bunch of amateurs once created this fun moba game. It was indeed very interesting and grew really big throughout the years. 7 years later, it's still the same amateurs running the company, although now they have evolved into greedy amateurs.

The game HASN'T GOTTEN ANY BETTER throughout the years. The only thing that changed is the amount of skins and champions. Instead of adding variety to the game, they removed it. They also removed solo-queue recently and replaced it with that new game mode called "carry, or get carried by the eloboosters", where you can queue up with your friends and increase your personal elo rating (notice how queuing with friends = personal rating o.0).

Furthermore, the community in this game has the mental capacity of a 5 year old. If somebody bullies us, we tell the teacher. Obviously Riot has taken advantage of that situation and permabans accounts at the drop of a hat. This benefits both the 5 year olds (who are happy the bully got banned) and obviously Riot (who is basically scamming their customers, taking away what they paid for). But the community is so overwhelmed by the hatred for their fellow co-players that they don't realize they're acting like sheep. Overall, a great atmosphere.

I give this game a 4, but honestly as a veteran player and gamer I'm really disappointed by Riot Games, as I am by most North American publishers lately. Too greedy. My suggestion would be to actually play the game but NEVER spend any money. Also, do not take it very seriously, especially while playing ranked.
  71. Jan 11, 2016
    This game it's a meh:
    This game it's a meh:
    Matches take too long (25-40 min); Toxic community (not a fault of the game itself but Riot apparently do not moderate this game enough); only two maps; slow and repetitive game-play; too much fanservice with character design; if one of your teammates disconnect during a game a bot did NOT take over his place...so you have to play 4 vs 5 or worse; do not encourage team-play like other moba do; champions skins overpriced; it takes at least about 3 minutes to start a game; it takes ages to acquire champion with in-game currency; wasting hours surfing the net for guides (about equipment and champions) is mandatory because in-game tutorial is insufficent.
    If you have enough friends willing to play this game to form an entire team (and who wants to play regularly) the score goes up one or two points....but remains a mediocre game
  72. Oct 17, 2015
    First, the champion balance issue right now... Kallista is totally op, mostly because Riot broke their own champion design rules, giving Kallista incredible support and mobility. What's even worse, her ulti which saves a teammate or throws them close to an enemy can also cc. You cannot do anything against Kallista in lane because she just jumps around and makes favorable trades. She canFirst, the champion balance issue right now... Kallista is totally op, mostly because Riot broke their own champion design rules, giving Kallista incredible support and mobility. What's even worse, her ulti which saves a teammate or throws them close to an enemy can also cc. You cannot do anything against Kallista in lane because she just jumps around and makes favorable trades. She can easily dodge skillshots with her jump and there is no way to trade efficiently because of her pop skill. The sad thing is Kallista gets stronger in lane with levels.

Thresh and Tahm are top support champs right now. Thresh is still completely broken. It makes tower diving and ganking much much easier, but he can still hook and zone and deal tons of damage... Tahm has a similar problem where they can just do too much, the cheap giant shield is ridiculous, he already teleports like tf onto someone and throws its teammate at them AND has the ability to slow and stun from range....

Everyone complains about Darius and I figure it's just the numbers might just be a bit too high. His skillset is high reward and he has no gap closer. I don't play League of Wards rip League of Legends but it's damn boring right now, even the tournament games. Rip sona love how they nerfed you and introduced Thresh. Elise and Rexxar are still op too. You gotta love Riot's ability to give new champs an ever-better skillset
  73. Sep 15, 2013
  74. Mar 27, 2015
    Pay to win nonsense. They give you some basic, lame champions that allows you to play the game with different play styles in mind. The introduction levels are there to make you feel powerful with those lame chars but as soon as you get passed those introductory levels the whole things goes upsides down. You're lame champion is revealed for what it is, lame. The only way to get a betterPay to win nonsense. They give you some basic, lame champions that allows you to play the game with different play styles in mind. The introduction levels are there to make you feel powerful with those lame chars but as soon as you get passed those introductory levels the whole things goes upsides down. You're lame champion is revealed for what it is, lame. The only way to get a better character than the crap selection they give you for free is to either play like crazy to earn free points to spend money on better champs... this takes forever. The other way is to pay with actual money. What a load of crap. AVOID. Expand
  75. Apr 22, 2014
    Poorly balanced, old graphics, rather boring, toxic community, and developers who don't care about the game, but rather about just making as much money as possible on it. Avoid at all costs. Play Dota 2, or any other Moba.
  76. Nov 1, 2013
    Try something else. The champions are pretty boring and flat, as well the game itself. The community is one of the worst honestly, full of ragers and flamers everywhere.
  77. Nov 2, 2013
    Was fun within the first few games, but then it leveled out became boring so quickly. You can only use a few of the characters and they all change every week and if you want to keep using one, you got to BUY it, with either IP, awarded from playing, or using real money to buy them. To me, that is a huge turn-off, and it is definitely not "free"
  78. Nov 3, 2013
    A masterpiece of horrible graphics, server problems and a community that doesn't deserve this name at all. Flamers/hater seem to be allowed to shout out bullsh*t all the time and nobody cares...
  79. Dec 31, 2013
    Worst game EVER!
    -The community sucks, there are flamer in ever game!
    -The game is buggy, it crashes ever thrid time i try to get into a match. Seems to be an issue with win8 or something. -Its laggy! The EU West Server laggs horrible. There are days where u have to wait more than 90 minutes in the login queue -Its unballanced! Every new champ is overpowerd when its released and gets
    Worst game EVER!
    -The community sucks, there are flamer in ever game!
    -Its unballanced! Every new champ is overpowerd when its released and gets nerfed after a few days or weeks. So that everone buys him with real money
    -It kinda "pay to win" (not much, but a little bit). There are champion skins (which u need to buy with real money) that have animations on there spells which are neraly impossible to see. So an enemy cant dodge them.

Sorry for my bad english, iam not from an english speaking country.
  80. Apr 3, 2014
    Highlights:
    -expect thousands of hours of grind before you're given the same tools as other players (base stats, champion and spell selection)
    -you can "bypass" the grind with the use of a credit card -an incredible amount of daily advertisements every time you try to log in -inability to play the main game mode (ranked) before you've reached level thirty (takes approx 500 hours of
    Highlights:
    -you can "bypass" the grind with the use of a credit card
    -an incredible amount of daily advertisements every time you try to log in
    -inability to play the main game mode (ranked) before you've reached level thirty (takes approx 500 hours of grind)
    -a strictly enforced way of play; differing from it will get you banned (no refunds)
    -no single player; always on
    -the graphics were outdated when the game came out several years ago
  81. Apr 21, 2014
    League of legends confused me for a while because i could not figure out why it was fun. It is really addicting and the game works pretty well multiplayer due to the small amount of players and easy spectating.
    the thing is, how do you actually get good at this game? most games it makes sense, you understand the underlying strategy and improve a few useless skills (reflexes, aim, memory). in LoL though you have to learn how to position yourself with a tiny window of view and clunky controls, memorize other champions skillset and counters, use reflexes to last hit, and multitask watching the minimap, creeps, and enemy team. its a **** of random **** the teamfights are also extremely confusing with it being almost impossible to tell what is going on until it is over. so why is it fun to play? it seems that because of the almost random mechanics caused by champion counters, snowballing, lag, random teams, and no one paying attention to itemsets, everyone can do extremely well or extremely bad, so everyone gets the chance to be a pentakilling 50/0 champ. and because of human nature people only remember how good they can be. making it fun to play for everyone, because everyone thinks they are good at it.

TL:DR: dota/LoL is gambling for retards
  82. Jun 9, 2014
    One of the worst experience I had on videogames.
    I Have played this game since S2 , and with the time the game is just getting worse.
    The community is toxic, no matter what you do or what they do, they flame everything. mostly of them have no Idea of playing the game or know the metagame but the flame. the servers are absolute garbage, the client , even worse, 90's games have better
    One of the worst experience I had on videogames.
    the servers are absolute garbage, the client , even worse, 90's games have better graphics, clients and servers than this ''game''.
    Unbalanced. Well, at first you think that all champions have strenghts, but with the time you realize that there are just 3 champions on every role that outperforms the entire champion pool and are totally broken, a bad player with an extremely op champ can easy win against an average player with a mediocre champ.

The game is just fun when leveling and learning or playing with friends, when you try to play seriously and meet the community in rankeds and realize that the game is just bad, the gaming experience becomes horrible.
  83. Jul 26, 2013
    Bad game, bad hero copy paste to this game from the original dota, no denying, no stacks on neutrals, no denying towers or allies this is just a game for kids who cant take the dota learning curve.
  84. Feb 19, 2015
    Not worthy to be called a game. Devs don't give a damn crap about the game. Instead, they put a lot of money into making music for this game so the game gets popular (Imagine Dragons). Don't excect any good patches/champions rework, since Riot never heard the word 'balance' before. Are you retarded, you have no life, and no friends? Then League of Legends is something for you. Do you likeNot worthy to be called a game. Devs don't give a damn crap about the game. Instead, they put a lot of money into making music for this game so the game gets popular (Imagine Dragons). Don't excect any good patches/champions rework, since Riot never heard the word 'balance' before. Are you retarded, you have no life, and no friends? Then League of Legends is something for you. Do you like a good community, amazing updates, and just a better experience? Play any other MOBA. Expand
  85. Jun 8, 2014
    After playing this game since the end of Season 2 and all the way till the summer of Season 4. I have not found a more stressful and toxic game in my life and on top of that the game's servers lag all the time. You're better off staying away from this growing fad called MOBA games. If you really have to play a moba play Dota 2 at least they know how to manage and run a game.
  86. Dec 1, 2014
    Not worth the time and effort.

Not worth the time and effort.

There are a number of things wrong with this game as someone who has played since almost beta it has even made me want to leave. There is the 100+ champions you need to learn in order to play. There is their toxic community that makes the game intolerable most of the time. They completely rework the game every season requiring tons of time and effort to relearn the game again. Then there is the automated systems they put in to deal with the toxic game that usually ends up putting you in worst queues due to their own server issues.

I've spent several years playing this game and to anyone thinking about just picking it up now I'd save yourself the time. Unless you're an extreme hardcore gamer who enjoys being trolled constantly and dealing with poor servers and patches. In which case this game is right up your alley!
  87. Dec 23, 2014
    These **** ass **** regulate and control free speech and then create a formm that has discussions mocking the people who are having issues with other people. It's a **** ass **** club and they do not care about teamwork, or communication like they boast. They ban people because the CEO of this game is control issues like a little **** ass child.
  88. Feb 19, 2015
    This game is was very good and very fun to play, because you had a big variety of champions you could play, each one with it's own pros and cons.

Nowadays there is a pool of like 20 champions which are ridiciously overpowered and every other champion is way too useless to play them. In other words: play these champions or don't play League of Legends. Riot somehow proceeds to improve the good champions and nerf the bad ones, whysoever.

In addition to this the servers are pretty unreliable.

In sum: don't play this game.
  89. Jul 22, 2015
    If I had to put how I feel about this game into four words, I would use the words that have gripped my heart for centuries to come. They come to me on those tireless nights, as I writhe upon my sheets. "It's League of Legends."
  90. Sep 1, 2015
    I gave up playing lol like 2 years ago due to the toxic trolly immature, offensive and abusing community.
    I was bored so I installed the game, realized from game 1 why I quit, but kept playing for 10 games out of which 8 were horrible with at least 1-2 scums.
    I uninstalled. 2 days after this I got bored again, installed, played 3 games, uninstalled again. Next day I installed it

I uninstalled.

Next day I installed it again, played a good match, but the next one: I ended up jungler, no one helped me with red buff at start (not top, not mid, no one), but then they started flaming me for not ganking. I told them no one helped me at start w/red buff, but kept insulting "stop crying", when he was in fact crying I'm not ganking them after not a single one helped me with buff. I got left behind in levels so I needed to catch-up, not try to gank and fail, or even feeding in the process.

They kept flaming, insulting me, until the point I had to mute everyone. Believe me, you can't play with **** you just can't. Game started going better, I unmuted them, then the ones that insulted me started ordering me around. As if ... when they flamed and haven't helped one bit. Even if we were winning, one of the scums kept typing in /all to report me. I said to /all to report them for not helping, flame, insults, after which they both acted like innocent little angels. "we didn't flame you", "we never insulted you", "we just told them to report you, that's not an insult" ... -_-

How scummy do you have to be to act like a total scum, insult, flame, harass, then behave as if you never did any of that and that it's actually the other one who did?

I reported both, then they reported me and said they'll ban me. I said no, you'll be banned. They laughed and said riot is too lazy and they don't ban anymore. I said it's not riot that bans, but the community through the tribunal. **I was afk like 5 min and then I see a pop-up that I've been banned for 14 days for my recent behavior in my recent matches.** Really? I've been harassed, abused and insulted and I'm the one banned? And I only played like 10 matches the last 2 years :)) The mail I got was sent in spam (seem appropriate) and showed as evidence my last match (quite biased, because it didn't include what others have said at all. very biased and rudimentary).

**I thank you for reminding me why I quit league of legends and never came back. A game full of scums and curated by scums. Kinda reminds me of ArcheAge². Thank you for stopping me from wasting time only getting angry, insulted and harassed.**

**If you think of coming back to play League of Legends, don't. You'll regret it.**
  91. Nov 6, 2013
    This game is great. I love the teamwork part in it when you play with Real life friends and that you actually have to get to know every champion in order to be successful. And also the fact that you can kind of personalize your champions with a skin that makes you happy about it. THE BIG PROBLEM: The community. The community is so rotten and full of cwap that i seriously think aboutThis game is great. I love the teamwork part in it when you play with Real life friends and that you actually have to get to know every champion in order to be successful. And also the fact that you can kind of personalize your champions with a skin that makes you happy about it. THE BIG PROBLEM: The community. The community is so rotten and full of cwap that i seriously think about finding something else to put my money in. It's full of children who are not socially mature so they will tell you off no matter if you are right or they are wrong. SUPER ROTTEN, Riot, DO SOMETHING. I'm writing in capital because, it is their main problem and they really need to do something about it. If you try it, get ready for a time consuming game, you need to reach lvl 30 which is quiete a bit of work and you need to read guides and stuff about masteries and runes which amplifies your role in the game. This is a game where you need to be skilled to have some fun. Otherwise the community will eat you and spit you out without a single emotion. 4 out of 10, because the game is destroyed and nearly unplayable with that community. You log on happy, and log off somewhat mentally down. Expand
  92. Nov 14, 2013
    Good for newbies and kids, but not really interesting if you're looking for a quality game to spend you time on. If you like MOBA games, perhaps you should avoid this shallow rip-off and look elsewhere.
  93. Jul 19, 2013
    Low quality graphics and unbalanced heroes are the immediately apparent shortfalls of this game. Then comes the limited hero roster and grinding that is required to unlock the full game. Another unappealing aspect is that you can use real life money to grant your hero buffs which means a game can start off unfair.
  94. Nov 19, 2013
    Welcome to Eu servers then you able to play 5 min of 25 min game and other time just froze. It is completely ruins game expirience. So if you want to play it, try US servers at least, or better just not even play this
  95. Nov 9, 2013
    League of Legends is quite a funny game but there are better games in its genre. Also their F2P system is quite horrible... It's true that it not a Pay2Win system but still they should let you play all the heroes from the beginning. The game is imbalanced and made for kids or casual gamers.
  96. Nov 25, 2013
    This game is in my opinion a bit overrated. It doesn't give anything, that is new to gaming. LoL is free to play, so that's a good point. I had problems with registration though. I had to try like 5 times. LoL is competitive. Too competitive. "That" kind of competition make games less entertaining and that's not good at all because games are supposed to be funny and entertain people. QuiteThis game is in my opinion a bit overrated. It doesn't give anything, that is new to gaming. LoL is free to play, so that's a good point. I had problems with registration though. I had to try like 5 times. LoL is competitive. Too competitive. "That" kind of competition make games less entertaining and that's not good at all because games are supposed to be funny and entertain people. Quite often I hear people blaming other players for allowing them to kill teammates and it's not always true. You can also get banned "for being noob". It's pretty hard to tell whether player is actually a beginner or noob. Graphics and sound effects are pretty good though.
    I'm not into this game too much, but my brother is. When I asked him to stop rapidly clicking, he said he he has to do that. I mean, what's the point of game, if you can break your mouse in month because it's "that" kind of game? Also, the game makes many people really angry and they keep saying, that they don't believe in human race anymore (that's what I've seen in many LoL videos). In other words this game makes people more aggressive.
    In my opinion LoL shouldn't be your "primary" game. Rather a game that you play from time to time. If it wasn't free to play, I would not buy it.
  97. Nov 12, 2013
    This game is bad in every way. Crumby graphics, bad programming and a greedy company abusing the "Pay to Win" BS. Blizzard is making a MOBA: Heroes of the Storm. For the sake of all us MOBA and Dota fans I hope they are the first one's to do the genre some "right".
  98. Dec 15, 2013
    Giant playerbase Giant TOXIC playerbase.
    - generic art style.
    - Bad graphics (it even uses cel-shading) - It has simplified mechanics, making it very easy to win (or to lose) - Most of the 'champions' are direct copies of DotA characters. - You have to earn in-game money to buy characters, you can earn enough of that money playing (and winning) A LOT of matches. Or you can simply
    Giant playerbase Giant TOXIC playerbase.
    - generic art style.
    - Bad graphics (it even uses cel-shading)
    - It has simplified mechanics, making it very easy to win (or to lose)
    - Most of the 'champions' are direct copies of DotA characters.
    - You have to earn in-game money to buy characters, you can earn enough of that money playing (and winning) A LOT of matches. Or you can simply buy them with real money.
    - You can also buy runes, which are used to build your character. This makes the player win a match with no skill at all.
    Sorry for my english, but I hope you can understand that this game is
  99. DKR
    Oct 31, 2015
    I have HAD IT! I've been a dedicated LoL player for several years, and I've seen all of RIOT's crap. From the disgusting character balancing (nerfing up champs, buffing op champs), to overpriced microxactions, dramatically overhauling champs voices/appearances after you've purchased them without your consent, the brain-dead-and-totally-not-band-aid-solution that was Tribunal (thatI have HAD IT! I've been a dedicated LoL player for several years, and I've seen all of RIOT's crap. From the disgusting character balancing (nerfing up champs, buffing op champs), to overpriced microxactions, dramatically overhauling champs voices/appearances after you've purchased them without your consent, the brain-dead-and-totally-not-band-aid-solution that was Tribunal (that backfired so hard, they shut it down), to FULLY AUTOMATED PERMA-BAN SYSTEM, to the most...depressing, immature, self-indulgent, braggadocious, narcissistic, report-happy, self-contradicting, impossible, unreasonable, fun-depriving, unimaginative, op-champ spamming, excessively elitist, personality-starved, and laughably stupidest community I have ever had the displeasure of being in contact with. Name any online game right now; WoW, CS:GO, HoN, ect I don't care; LoL has the - indisputably, hands down - THE WORST community I have ever seen. The first thing your opponents say is "omg im so high lol and my penis is huge" from player named Anime69forever and your teammates say "OMG IM LAGGING! MY CAT SAT ON THE KEYBOARD! MY MOUSE DIED!" and the 40 min flame war begins.

I don't even have room to discuss all the garbage I've got on this company from bait-and-switch tactics with the new Gangplank/Captain skin, to deliberately making a tank meta so they can BANK on the anti-tank champs or make a new one, or how they handled Riven. "Hmm...Riven's op. Nerfs, or more skins? PSSH, DUH!" to which the community says "shes not op she takes skill".....HUH? How is that even relevant? What does the skillcap have to do with the champ's maximum potential? Nothing. They have to push this idea that they're winning cuz their skillllldddd because their divorcing parents don't have anything nice to say about them. Which leaves me to the basic review of the game.

It's a casual game. Everything is easy to play as, has 4 buttons, and is mostly a roulette to whatever morons you're matched with. Admittedly, if and when it all works, its some of the most refreshing fun I've ever had in a game. I really do love it, but if 2 of your teammates wana go back and forth about each other's moms instead of playing, guess who isn't winning? The enemy is playing as the same 5 broken champs that smash everything, then they get fed off of your idiotic teammates; leaving you no choice but to turtle and wait out the game. By the 20 min mark, the score is 0-30, and you just hide in your base, waiting for the enemy to kill the neutral boss to get its buff then clean you up as everyone votes "no" to surrendering so they can spend the 30 min turtle flaming on! "REPORT MY TEAM TOXIC", then re-queue and repeat until you barf.

But a recent incident was the last straw. I'm guessing my old email got hacked and the only override was using an old, dead phone I don't have anymore. Problem is, that old email was the one verified with my LoL account. When I requested help, it started promising enough, but out of nowhere, the genius player support says "I'LL FIX IT! I'LL ASK FER A PASSWURD CHAAAAAAAANGEEE11!!!11" and permanently locked me out of my own account. There goes 100's of dollars in champs, skins, and services, 1,000's of hours of gameplay, and any friends I met on there. GONE. FOREVER. POOF. (You may now ignore the previous paragraph and say "well its ur fault fer not changign email fone #"). Why should I spend any time/money/effort on a LoL account if there are soooo many ways for it to just POOF? None, and neither should you. Automated perma-ban system, clumsy customer support, screwy email accounts, auto-afk ban system (read other negative reviews) or false accusation (i.e., abusable "report" button where RIOT gets anal if you so much as critique someone) are just a few ways to lose years of gameplay instantly. Their customer support is absurdly incompetent.

Which is such a shame! When the game works, its amazing! I love it! I love its art style, music, voice acting, character design, controls, variety of champs, sound effects, it really is a well crafted game, but whoever is in charge is destroying it, like how the same 10 champions are spammed every game and the community RUTHLESSLY defends the game's balance saying "You're still in bronze (lowest elo) because you suck" when if you look at any of their profiles, they only play 2 champs (i.e. Riven [600 games] Vayne [200] Thresh [50].)

It is....such a mess. Don't play it. Convince your friends to stop playing it. Worst community, worst community management, worst balancing, incompetent customer service, numerous ways that their "ban bot" 's roulette will land on your name, community has no mind of their own, resorting to being sycophants for RIOT or the pro scene, over-priced micro transactions, new champ is always broken to ensure sales, broken champs get more skins instead of nerfs, the list goes on forever.

I've put up with a lot of their crap, but changing my password w/o my consent to lock me out was it. Im done

1. Aug 5, 2013
    I find that with League of Legends, Riot has cultivated one of the most unique spaces in gaming history—mostly for good reasons but also for some awful ones, and in the gaming museum of the future, League is sure to have its own wing.
  2. Pelit (Finland)
    Nov 15, 2011
    League of Legends handles well the worst problem DOTA has: its autistic n00b-hating elite players. Thanks to match making, now we weaklings dare to play. [Nov 2011]
  3. Feb 1, 2011
    Improvements are constantly being updated and although team mates make or break many matches, there is genuine fun to be found.