5.6

1. Dcy
    May 30, 2012
    When this game started, it was good, but since a few months it changed a lot. The champions are now very OP (overpowered) and totally unbalanced. Also, the people (the community) has changed a lot, there are more people that disturbs and they don't play friendly and teamplaying.

I used to enjoy this game a lot, but now the community and the creators (RIOT) doesn't do the same, for example, the prices have changed a lot, from the minimum price to the maximum price to all champions. Now, all the "new" champions cost the maximum money possible
  2. Jul 16, 2013
    I was initially excited about the game, having been a veteran of Warcraft 3 maps such as Tides of Blood or Defense of the Ancients, the excitement didn't really last however as the game ultimately molded into something unpleasant. Core gameplay elements were cut out, either for lack of effort or to dumb down the game such as attributes, creep denying or multiple unit control, while only aI was initially excited about the game, having been a veteran of Warcraft 3 maps such as Tides of Blood or Defense of the Ancients, the excitement didn't really last however as the game ultimately molded into something unpleasant. Core gameplay elements were cut out, either for lack of effort or to dumb down the game such as attributes, creep denying or multiple unit control, while only a couple were added in that I don't even like, such as bushes or spell vampirism. Many early champions are cut+paste chimeras of old DotA heroes, such as Ashe or Amumu while newer heroes follow a rather straightforward formula of gap closers, auto attack buffs and defensive skill.

The worst feature of the game is the carrot and stick MMO incentive system, where you must play to earn persistent stat bonuses, new champions and other such bonuses. The reward treadmill these offer help to mask the shortcomings of the game for more casual players who can feel a sense of progression not by becoming a better player, but by having stronger bonuses or champions.

Ultimately, core weaknesses in the gameplay and grind system can make the game feel dull after a while, when playing I only play with friends and they've turned to only playing ARAM in order to spice up the stale gameplay. I'd say the game might be worth playing just to try out various champions, but with the hero rotation and unavailability of heroes to the average player it might be too difficult to. League isn't as weak an entry into the genre as say Rise of Immortals, but is overshadowed by more complete or compelling MOBAs such as Smite or DotA.
  3. Apr 4, 2013
    To start with. I've played this game for about two or three years now and I must admit that I kind of liked it In the beginning.

At this time (beginning of 2013) League of Legends is one of the most popular online games. It has millions of players all over the world, and it just seems to be more and more popular. However, in entirety, this game is not that awesome as everyone thinks, and I guess many of the players know this, but dont admit it.

It's actually quite funny because this game consists of 50% "one kind of person", because in each match I play, there's always someone who thinks he's best or is rude because someone else aint as good as he think he is and so on. Childstalk: each time he dies, its not his fault. Either it was a teammate who did wrong or it was because of lag. Silly.

The game itself is great, but you might get tierd because of the players playing it, being so rude. It's not like any other DOTA-based game. (atleast not what I've experienced)

However, enough of this, now to the actual game.
    League of Legends is considered as a DoTA-clone, but it not as much of a clone, as most other DoTA cones. You get what I mean? Both HoN, DoTA 2 and RoI are more DoTA-clones while LoL being a bit less.
    Why? Well the feeling is far from what DoTA was. Not in a bad way though. You have the same map, you do the same thing, but it's still not an exact DoTA-clone.

What are the differences? Well here they are!

Pros:
    - It's easier because it's not as fast phased as it's concurents.
    - Easier to learn and play.
    - Bigger difference between spellcasters and non-spellcasters.

Cons:
    - Too many people are being rude (not the game's fault I guess)
    - Easier (Being easy can be a consequence for some.
    - Bad balanced champions. Some champions can be way more overpowered than others.

Notes:
    What LoL have that differs from what any other DoTA Clone have, but is positive or negative deppending on your own opinion.
    LoL...
    - ...have smaller map
    - ...summonerspells, runes and masteries (like talents and gems in WoW)
    - ...much more fancy graphics

I actually dont have the time to count everything up but if you are intressted in the game anyway, look it up and make sure you like it. Else you should not waste your time on it.

At the launch of the game, I found it very enjoyable (I would have given it a 7/10), but now it's far from the same thing. If you're intrested and want to get into a DoTA based game. I recommend you to check this game out, (it's free!), but I would recommend you to try out the others first.

4/10, because it's far from what I expected in the beginning.
  4. Jan 22, 2013
    Save yourself the pain of helplessly watching your champion get destroyed by max-level exploiters. There is no strategy, there is no fun, all there is is a **** of rape waiting to piss you off until you rip your hair out.
  5. Dec 21, 2011
    I have nothing against this game in particular, but rather the DotA genre as a whole. The game is built around long matches of grinding as fast as possibly to get to a higher level than your enemies, at which point you'll win because of your stats.

If you die then your enemy gets lots of experience, which gives your teammates lots of reasons to hate you, and the actual combat is boring as hell!

The one positive thing I has to say about this game is that the graphics are nice.
  6. Dec 19, 2012
    Repetitive game-play, horribly imbalanced and homogenized champions and a toxic community. I had more fun watching paint dry than playing this pathetic excuse for a video-game.
  7. Jun 10, 2012
    This game is too easy and by far the worst DOTA remake of all time. I mean yeah early game and mid game is fun, but late game is just a massive waste of time. It just depends on whether you can kill the whole team in one fell swoop, not items, not carries, not skill, just luck. It is a massive waste of time.
  8. Sep 16, 2011
    Very poor optimization despite having 10 players on a map with lower poly counts than Halo 1 - Graphics hurt your eyes, are cutesy, kitsche, and highly generic, its unappealing to anime fans or hard fantasy fans - Imbalanced to the point there is a Hero-banning option every match to voteban upto 4 broken heroes - Multiplayer consists of a couple maps and 3 game modes - Requires 30-60 hoursVery poor optimization despite having 10 players on a map with lower poly counts than Halo 1 - Graphics hurt your eyes, are cutesy, kitsche, and highly generic, its unappealing to anime fans or hard fantasy fans - Imbalanced to the point there is a Hero-banning option every match to voteban upto 4 broken heroes - Multiplayer consists of a couple maps and 3 game modes - Requires 30-60 hours of gameplay to buy 1 of the +70 heroes - Heroes frequently get nerfed or OP buffed - Gameplay is very basic to an RTS player and tons of needless non-strategy complication in order to win - You can be player-reported and permabanned for quitting a losing match, getting angry in game, and being a newb - Exceptionally unstable servers, random patches, frequent random downtime, despite making millions from its freemium platform - Incredible lack of content in spite of having more employees than WoW's original team - This is all inexcusable even for a free-to-play game, its popular because it has a MMO carrot-and-stick system with almost no content to speak of and no plans for major updates despite making millions per day. Expand
  9. Jan 22, 2012
    Almost every game matched against way stronger opponents. Most of the time they have played tons of more games than myself (100 wins against people with 1000's of wins). Also a solo player does not stand a chance because you will be matched against full premade teams (4-5 players) most of the time. Without friends to play with this is a game that should be skipped.
  10. Nov 13, 2011
    I used to play DoTA all the time and tried LoL several time over the years. The game has stayed the same easy and boring game that it has been. Leveled 3 different accounts to 30 without losing a single game. Riot has made it obvious that they don't care about hero balance. HoN on the otherhand is pretty fun with friends while LoL is just full of trolls and BRs
  11. Oct 10, 2010
    On the surface this game seems good but there are a number of horrendous issues. Firstly, the game is technically laughable. It crashes regularly in many and various ways. Sometimes you can queue for a game then have it crash right before the map loads. There is a "reconnect" button when you reload but it rarely works. The performance of the game is a joke. It consumes so much memory I hadOn the surface this game seems good but there are a number of horrendous issues. Firstly, the game is technically laughable. It crashes regularly in many and various ways. Sometimes you can queue for a game then have it crash right before the map loads. There is a "reconnect" button when you reload but it rarely works. The performance of the game is a joke. It consumes so much memory I had to turn the settings down to low to stop it from crashing my computer (which can normally run graphics intensive games at 1900X1200 on high settings - for example team fortress 2) Secondly, the game lacks even the most basic of features that are required. They only recently introduced a draft system which is a basic requirement for this genre of game. There is no built in voice chat so you have to use ventrillo, There are only two maps.

Thirdly, the pricing structure of this game is absurd. Sure you can technically play for free but you only have access to a random small selection of champions. If you decide to spend some money you can unlock a few more but even having spent 60-70 dollars you still do not own all the available champions. Add to this the fact that new champions are released every two weeks and you end up with a buggy, unfinished, imbalanced borderline scam of a game. Riot's business model seems doomed to failure as I can only imagine it revolves around housebound man children with too much disposable income who are notoriously fickle and will soon be moving on to the next shiny thing to waste their money on and children who beg their parents for mom's credit card to keep feeding their addiction to new champions and new skins.

In short the game looks fun and feels fun after a couple of games but it has no depth and even in it's shallow waters there is nothing but technical issues, balance issues, and a development team so incompetent they managed to make a game that is less reliable than any other pc release of the last 10 years.

Overall, this game is a waste of time and has left me regretting the small amount of money I spent on it for such little reward.
  12. Jan 19, 2015
    I was in cbt, it was good back then. There were only about 40-50 champions to select from with a new one coming every few months. Now they are releasing a new champion every other week which makes it impossible to keep up with getting new champions unless you lack a life or want to spend a lot of real money on it. One of my idiot friends fell for this and has spent 5.8k usd on league soI was in cbt, it was good back then. There were only about 40-50 champions to select from with a new one coming every few months. Now they are releasing a new champion every other week which makes it impossible to keep up with getting new champions unless you lack a life or want to spend a lot of real money on it. One of my idiot friends fell for this and has spent 5.8k usd on league so far... I might rate this up to a 5 if they included an all in one package, for one price, like smite did... However, the game is no longer about skill, its about "counters." Problem is, if you don't grind using crappy champions or wont spend real money (on a garbage game might I add) you wont be able to counter said OP champions. I am sorry but this is just a piss poor design. Smite is the better option, hi-rez might be a team of inbred morons but at least they made a solid skill based game, compared to this garbage. Expand
  13. Apr 11, 2012
    Simply put, this is DotA for children. Poor heroes balance, horrible gameplay, childish graphics and permament perks kill the purpose of the Defense of the Ancients genre. It might be interesting for gamers who never played the genre, so they can learn the basics before starting to play real games, such as DotA, DotA 2 or Heroes of Newerth; this game's community is full of newbies andSimply put, this is DotA for children. Poor heroes balance, horrible gameplay, childish graphics and permament perks kill the purpose of the Defense of the Ancients genre. It might be interesting for gamers who never played the genre, so they can learn the basics before starting to play real games, such as DotA, DotA 2 or Heroes of Newerth; this game's community is full of newbies and having a bad player on your team doesn't really matter here; teamplay and strategy have been completely forgotten. Expand
  14. Mar 30, 2011
    Probably one of the most boring games I've ever played. Almost fell asleep playing it. I had more fun watching the news. Big waste of my time trying out this game.
  15. Jun 19, 2011
    It was good, untill The login quoues gets up to 3 hrs... and then it loggs out and the servers are not avaible, and when they are again you are put back in 3hrs quoue. Sure, I dont pay anything for the game soo no need to complain, but I know there is ppl paying for it and still are not able to play couse the servers dosnt work.
    While writing this I had sit it quoue for about 2hrs to log
    While writing this I had sit it quoue for about 2hrs to log in and was not long left. But I got this messege, "server is busy try again later" And I have to wait another 2 hrs to log in.

Other then the login I like the game, atleast when I can play it, wich isnt that often atm.
  16. Aug 27, 2010
    I'm not a very big fan of this game. I stopped playing DotA and got my friend to also stop playing DotA to come play this game. I was very disappointed with the graphics - I cannot stand them at all! The game requires almost no skill to play. If you are really bad at DotA, then this is the game for you. Dying accounts for almost nothing in this game - you can die as much as you want and itI'm not a very big fan of this game. I stopped playing DotA and got my friend to also stop playing DotA to come play this game. I was very disappointed with the graphics - I cannot stand them at all! The game requires almost no skill to play. If you are really bad at DotA, then this is the game for you. Dying accounts for almost nothing in this game - you can die as much as you want and it barely affects which team will end up winning. That is good in the aspect that there is no such thing as "feeding" in this game, since dying doesn't do anything. But that also means you can't get "fed", which is something I enjoyed about doing in DotA. Graphics are terrible. My friend and I played it for a whole week, then went back to DotA, since LoL is terrible. Now, we both play Heroes of Newerth. The game is free, which it should be since it is so bad. I wouldn't expect anyone to pay for something like this. And the graphics in LoL is terrible, in case I haven't mentioned that yet. If you look for the word "fail" in the dictionary, you will see the League of Legends logo next to it. Expand
  17. Mar 17, 2014
    I love League of Legends and have been playing it since S2. S3 was the best for me because I was doing great and the best thing about S3 is no lag or random crashes or dcs. I am SO irritated by losing my promos and LP while in champ select by dcing or crashing. I don't know why you guys are using the DDoSers as an excuse to all this. What does crashing have anything to do with this?? Also,I love League of Legends and have been playing it since S2. S3 was the best for me because I was doing great and the best thing about S3 is no lag or random crashes or dcs. I am SO irritated by losing my promos and LP while in champ select by dcing or crashing. I don't know why you guys are using the DDoSers as an excuse to all this. What does crashing have anything to do with this?? Also, why don't you shove the millions you make from us and change your stupid ISP to another company instead of "saving money"? I've had enough of your **** and I'm currently transitioning to HoN and maybe even Dota 2. In only a few days my K:D for fizz dropped from 12:4 to 10.7:4 because I keep disconnecting. Fix your **** Expand
  18. Feb 4, 2014
    Many bugs , Server unstable , Horrible community ,... Only good to have fun with friends other wise forget it ! Then it is a copy of dota where Riot added a way to make money : Lock champions which i stupid but well...At least the game is not balanced at all, you will understand if you play against a Katarina ....
  19. Nov 14, 2013
    Buy to play game, don't be fooled by giant false advertising logo of free to play. This game is like a trial game. The game offers you samples every week, you cannot play other heroes unless you buy them or spend hundreds of hours (days) grinding to earn points to get a hero, OH WAIT, you need to spend those points to buy runes to upgrade your heroes abilities or you will not be able toBuy to play game, don't be fooled by giant false advertising logo of free to play. This game is like a trial game. The game offers you samples every week, you cannot play other heroes unless you buy them or spend hundreds of hours (days) grinding to earn points to get a hero, OH WAIT, you need to spend those points to buy runes to upgrade your heroes abilities or you will not be able to contest other people who can BUY heroes. Also, the community is full of flaming retarded kids, there's no escape, there are too many of them. Expand
  20. Nov 11, 2013
    Horrible balance, slow developers, unfocused updates. Riot dedicates too much time into creating champions and skins to sell instead of balancing the heroes they have.

When champions have to be individually purchased how can the game be balanced? The playing field isn't level unless you want to drop a few hundred dollars or you play for 2-3 years straight to earn all of them.

Whenever Riot releases a new champion it now costs even more regular IP to purchase, promoting the use of dollar purchase. How can a game be balanced when the business model is to make appealing champions for purchase? Of course these new heroes will be unbalanced!

This is a small fraction of the problem, others include: community, matchmaking, terrible client, server latency, trolls, abusable report system, surrender option that ruins attitude of players, EXPENSIVE champions, balance issues, outdated graphics, boring champions (abilities are VERY repetitive and generic), AND WORST OF ALL they have ruined the genre with masteries/runes/and "summoner spells" that give players a free escape 1 ability on a long cooldown.
  21. Feb 16, 2014
    I have been playing this game for nearly 3 years now, and I have to say that I don't like the state that the game is currently in and the way it is going. LoL had its best times in season 2, but since then continually got worse. I was deep into the pro scene and ranked at high platinum, so I do have some insight into the game.
    First off, this game is rather easy to get into if you compare
    First off, this game is rather easy to get into if you compare it with other MOBA's. The reason why most MOBA players consider LoL rather "easy" is because the gameplay is very straightforward. It removed things like denying (killing your own creeps), destructible environment (trees), different shops etc. compared to its spiritual ancestor "DotA". Which is not a bad thing at first. The problem however is, that the developers removed every other demanding tactical element of the game one after one:
    -New champions and reworked older champions become one trick ponys; almost no champion allows different playstyles anymore because there is one way of building/playing him that makes all alternatives pointless. Players call this "meta" and Riot (the developers) more and more enforce said meta, which I consider a bad thing, since it strongly limits your playstyle, forcing you into roles, itembuilds, etc.
    -The itempool is extremely limited at the moment. Compared to DotA, the items in LoL lack some form of uniqueness. Over the past seasons, the developers continually removed items that were out of line or too weak. Newer items were useless in most cases. There are items that simply do nearly the same thing, with one item being superior however. There are items that just fit certain roles and types of champions too perfectly. All this leads to a poor diversity in itembuilds: You will see ADC's build the same items in 9/10 cases, you will see midlaners build one of two itemcombos 10/10, you will see toplaners get the same 2 items in 9/10 cases. Junglers and supports get enforced on specific "support" and "jungle" items, as even the developers call them. And at least 30% of the items you will almost never see built by any semi-experienced player.
    This combined leads to overall very thin item diversity between all players that played enough games to understand at least a bit of the meta, and increasingly thin champion diversity the higher the level of play is. As an example, within a typical week of LCS, the eSports league of the game, you will see (from a pool of 120 champions) around 60-70 of them being not picked at all, 30-40 of them being picked 1 or 2 times, and around 20 being picked or banned almost every game. This differs between roles aswell, midlane and jungle have the most "viable" champs, while there are at the moment only 3-4 viable toplaners and marksmen. This is because of serious issues in balancing. The game designers fail at balancing at a reasonable level, which is why you will see certain champions being catapulted up and down in strength on every patch, which happens way too often. Why spend money on a skin for a certain champion when he can become completely unviable or reworked within the next month?
    Also, the developers flattened out the champion power overall compared to "DotA". You wont see any gamebreaking abilites, extreme manacosts or 1vs5 hypercarrys when extremely fed. This is at first not a bad thing, as it leads to a higher need for teamwork, but it also has disadvantages: The game is sometimes too forgiving, and a vast portion of tactic in laning phase is removed, often reducing it to pure mechanical skill. Especially the current meta in pro play is extremely boring, super safe lanes that do nothing but farming gold from minion kills until the 20 min mark, and then the game breaking down in 2 or 3 importan teamfights. (for example the developers made it unworth to get objectives (epic monsters and towers) in early game, even when most of the community and pro players told them it was a bad idea)
    All this champion and item problems lead to the developers only being able to balance the game by numbers, which often results in said meta enforcing and poor diversity.
    Other aspects of the game:

+ paying model is fair and functional
    + runes add to strategy and diversity
    + the eSports scene is big and accesible
    + the game is especially fun with friends and has some different gamemodes for casual players
    +/- graphics look more and more stale, being mostly unupdated since 3 years, but the game runs very smooth as a result
    - the community is at least 50% immature flamers that all want you to get cancer on doing a mistake, report you if you play bad and all did your mom
    - the developers dont really care about the community, especially on the EUW shard. The forum has almost no developer communication at all.
    - the servers have frequent problems
    - more and more players consider the game to be on a downhill trend, also some retired pro players
    - event content is more and more often effortless
    - the banning system is poorly functional
    - the air client is outdated and unstable
  22. Jul 21, 2013
    This game is the best game ever. 15 year old graphics with cartoon characters that all have same abilities and are released more often than CoD map packs. Also, the rune system is amazing, I mean who wouldn't want to customize their Champion in any way they want, while it falls in the only 1 set role it can possibly have. This game has an amazing community, people never yell at you whileThis game is the best game ever. 15 year old graphics with cartoon characters that all have same abilities and are released more often than CoD map packs. Also, the rune system is amazing, I mean who wouldn't want to customize their Champion in any way they want, while it falls in the only 1 set role it can possibly have. This game has an amazing community, people never yell at you while they allow you to pick any champion you want despite it being picked 3 times already on the team. Champion design is amazing as well, I like how well developed female chars are and how deep their personality is. All in all, best game ever without any doubt. Expand
  23. Mar 29, 2014
    So to start off, I've played this game for well over 2 years, maybe even 3. 2 years ago, I tried this game because I had a friend who's been playing since closed beta, and raved about it saying how awesome it was.

I started playing, and yeah, it was okay. I got better, and had some fun because I had friends to play with, but once I started doing solo matchmaking, the game started to show it's true colors. Riot has to be by far the worst company in terms of game development that I have ever seen people take seriously. I got a DotA 2 beta key, saw what a real free to play game is, and going back to LoL to try and have fun like I did back then is near impossible. Just to list some of the reasons:
    [1]Riot's paywall: every character in the game costs a large amount of in-game currency, or about $10 in real money
    [2]Balance: it's non-existent. I see the same set of champions every match, not because people have fun playing them, but they're the easiest to stomp the enemy team with. Every major patch changes the balance, and Riot always has at least 1 champion that's not played very often, made overpowered so that people will buy them with real money.
    [3]Bugs: they're everywhere, the biggest LoL tournament in the world had a champion banned from being played because they found a game-breaking bug on him (Aatrox)
    [4]Bandwidth use: it uses Pando Media Booster, which is basically a torrent application that runs in the background. It eats up bandwidth like a starving rodent, and it has to be uninstalled or it will always run without you knowing.
    [5]It uses adobe air: That's right, the client runs adobe air. It's 2014, and a platform that should have died almost a decade ago is still used by these people. It looks bad, it runs slow, and it's some minor bugs that are still quite annoying.
    [6]EXTREMELY limited game engine: if you've ever played an RTS, or DotA, you'll notice some of these issues right away. You can only move your hero, and no creeps or pets have abilities that are castable. And the game has no pause function, or voice chat system, which are really importand for communication and waiting for someone to reconnect (their servers have connection issues, and they blame them on Comcast for the American ones regularly)

These are problems with the actual game, I'm not even going to bother with talking about the community, or Riot's dealings with people in the past because that's not really related to how the game plays, mechanics wise. Avoid this game like the plague if you're looking for something that has anything good to speak of.
  24. Apr 28, 2014
    Overall "positive" remarkable gaming experience like no other. Worst gaming community. Worst publishers. You lose for the most stupidest reasons. You win because they **** their pants. You start right off the bat with the intensifying games. Addicting as **** you can go ahead and waste your time drastically compared to other games as I did. These factors cause you to throw your life away.Overall "positive" remarkable gaming experience like no other. Worst gaming community. Worst publishers. You lose for the most stupidest reasons. You win because they **** their pants. You start right off the bat with the intensifying games. Addicting as **** you can go ahead and waste your time drastically compared to other games as I did. These factors cause you to throw your life away. If there were pills designed to end the League of Legends addiction, I would take as much as possible. 3 months isn't enough to get it out of your system. This pain in the ass takes years. Expand
  25. Jun 8, 2014
    After playing this game since the end of Season 2 and all the way till the summer of Season 4. I have not found a more stressful and toxic game in my life and on top of that the game's servers lag all the time. You're better off staying away from this growing fad called MOBA games. If you really have to play a moba play Dota 2 at least they know how to manage and run a game.
  26. Dec 9, 2013
    Not sure I understand the appeal of this game, aside from being free (well, mostly).

At first, it seemed really fun. Hundreds of champions to experiment with? Awesome! Strategic multiplayer battles? Fun! Then I realized after playing for a while that all of the champions were pretty much the same damn thing with different colored lights coming out of their hands/swords/guns/etc. The

Then I realized after playing for a while that all of the champions were pretty much the same damn thing with different colored lights coming out of their hands/swords/guns/etc. The only real difference is that some are stronger/weaker than others, so they're imbalanced, which shouldn't be the case in a game such as this.

Also, the same two maps over and over again? Grinding the same map(s), with similar characters, over and over again, for weeks, in order to level up, in order to do the same thing again, endlessly, all with a bunch of whiny, immature brats? HOW can anyone play this game for more than a few weeks? *Boggle*
  27. Nov 9, 2013
    basically a game ,bad game play,bad graphcis ,evil developers ,and a comunity full of 12 age kids ,its a game pay2win because you must use money to get the good heroes
  28. Mar 1, 2014
    They have the worst matchmaking. I can't believe any company would do such a big mistake to allow duo q option into a solo competitive mode. I'm talking about their ranked matchmaking. It sucks so much when you see high elo people carrying low elo friends through duo q.. ruining the fun for everyone.
  29. Nov 5, 2013
    not fun at all just boring a plain copy of dota and the game has the worst community, 0/10 would not play even if I got paid too, with plenty of lag and bad graphics 0/10 would not play
  30. Nov 9, 2013
    No free heroes and not balanced at all No free heroes and not balanced at all No free heroes and not balanced at all No free heroes and not balanced at all No free heroes and not balanced at all No free heroes and not balanced at all No free heroes and not balanced at all No free heroes and not balanced at all No free heroes and not balanced at all No free heroes and not balanced at all NoNo free heroes and not balanced at all No free heroes and not balanced at all No free heroes and not balanced at all No free heroes and not balanced at all No free heroes and not balanced at all No free heroes and not balanced at all No free heroes and not balanced at all No free heroes and not balanced at all No free heroes and not balanced at all No free heroes and not balanced at all No free heroes and not balanced at all No free heroes and not balanced at all No free heroes and not balanced at all No free heroes and not balanced at all No free heroes and not balanced at all No free heroes and not balanced at all No free heroes and not balanced at all Expand
  31. Nov 7, 2013
    garbage game copied doto garbage game copied doto garbage game copied doto garbage game copied doto garbage game copied doto garbage game copied doto garbage game copied doto
  32. Nov 3, 2013
    I can't believe i've played this game. It' was awful. Gameplay imbalance, depressed graphic, easy combat and i think it is just a pile of rubbish. When you play this game you feel nothing but waste your time. Bottom line is this is just a cheap copy of DotA
  33. Nov 8, 2013
    League of Legends is unbalanced, pay-to-win game. Why unbalanced? It's easy. If u play longer you have predominance due to runes and heroes... How Riot enabled it for players? You have to play an infinite number of games to gain all champions and runes. The new league system was create for cash because users tired of the digits and it didn't bring profit. Chess (ELO) system was the best,League of Legends is unbalanced, pay-to-win game. Why unbalanced? It's easy. If u play longer you have predominance due to runes and heroes... How Riot enabled it for players? You have to play an infinite number of games to gain all champions and runes. The new league system was create for cash because users tired of the digits and it didn't bring profit. Chess (ELO) system was the best, but due to money Riot check system. This game is not for ranked games, but for fun game, because it's quite unfair if u start play against player who's get all runes for example. What more... this game doesn't require any skills and experience. Only runes get you win and common sense. Only need to use skill/spell on the weakest unit and it's gone.....So bad this game 0/10 Expand
  34. Nov 8, 2013
    Really flat game, lowskillcap as Pay 2 win, and really really unbalanced because the devs wants to sell their last released overpowered character. Servers are really bad, the game crash a lot. Have the worst toxic community of the entire gaming world.
  35. Nov 14, 2013
    I can not understand how you would want to play a game that has NO free heros, but simply has a few that rotate and you can not get your own without paying money. "free to play" my butt.
  36. Nov 11, 2013
    That was complete garbage. I downloaded after playing dota 2 for awhile and wanted to try out another one of these games, turns out you can only pick from 10 characters while others can pick from every character, that is funny. The picking stage is vital to moba games and not having every character is pointless.
  37. Nov 9, 2013
    The graphic sucks RLY hard, its imbalanced u get bashed by nearly EVERYTHING in the game, the comm is AWFUL everybody is flaming u and insulting u like little childs
  38. Nov 14, 2013
    Let me start off by saying I played this game for a long time and was in gold S2. The game was enjoyable because of who and how you played it with friends. I took a step back and looked at the actual game as if I was reviewing it without influence. It comes down to the game has really bad graphics and looks, your team forces you (or you can force your team) to go into one lane out ofLet me start off by saying I played this game for a long time and was in gold S2. The game was enjoyable because of who and how you played it with friends. I took a step back and looked at the actual game as if I was reviewing it without influence. It comes down to the game has really bad graphics and looks, your team forces you (or you can force your team) to go into one lane out of three and sit there for a while doing insignificant nothings and later on if you team feels like it you will group up and go around the map finding the enemy team. The game is geared at a very young audience (pre-teens) and is basic enough to get you little brother into video gaming. You have to buy all the characters you want to play and for most people it can be very expensive to fully enjoy what the game has to offer. The designers fail to realize that the people who express their beliefs on the forums are few and far between, the people who don't go to the forums and just keep playing the game actually have no influence on the game's development because if you like something its too bad because the developers will never know. The game its self and the community is stressful depending on your level of play may not even speak your language. If your pure goal is to find a game that is enjoyable to play day after day, this is not the game for you. Expand
  39. Feb 6, 2015
    The worst multiplayer game I've ever played. Don't even waste your money buying something in their online store. This game is a business and was made to make money on stupid people be smarter. Their servers are always down or lagging, they have maintenance modes every week when ranked or normal modes disabled. This is just disgusting. If your client will stop working and you will reconnectThe worst multiplayer game I've ever played. Don't even waste your money buying something in their online store. This game is a business and was made to make money on stupid people be smarter. Their servers are always down or lagging, they have maintenance modes every week when ranked or normal modes disabled. This is just disgusting. If your client will stop working and you will reconnect after 5 minutes they will kick you automatically and you need to reconnect again! and then the next game you must wait 5 minutes to start a game. This is a business not a game. I have less pleasure playing this game and more stress. Just disgusting. Expand
  40. Jul 26, 2013
    Bad game, bad hero copy paste to this game from the original dota, no denying, no stacks on neutrals, no denying towers or allies this is just a game for kids who cant take the dota learning curve.
  41. Nov 28, 2012
    I have a lot of questions around this game. Why people loves as much as they love this game? What´s new in this game? Why people who lost a match gets so angry in this game?
    Well, I don´t have any answer. Is a very simple game, with a few maps, with few rules. The graphics are very bad, and the goals you have to reach are all the time the same. It´s a good game to work in groups and to use your brain too, but is not interesting. The matches sometimes get too long, sometimes more than 1 hour... Nah, i can´t stand this game and I can´t stand his players that say it´s awesome. I don´t know why.
  42. Mar 24, 2014
    Just another DotA rip-off, some stuff changes but the core gameplay is still the same. The only merit of this game is it's huge playerbase; being highly casual, it's easy to start playing, which in turn attracts the masses who never played a DotA game before and don't care about the childish graphics and poor game mechanics. I must thank Riot though, for taking the children away from Dota 2.
  43. Sep 15, 2013
  44. Sep 9, 2013
    Sorry but this game is the only game in the entire world I have ever played which has constant FPS bouncing. During season 3, many people have had constant stuttering and tearing problems due to this bouncing, playing the game without Vsync is unbearable. The FPS even goes up over a cap you use (or at least appears to. And I checked it out with Dxtory so it's not the in-game FPS counter.Sorry but this game is the only game in the entire world I have ever played which has constant FPS bouncing. During season 3, many people have had constant stuttering and tearing problems due to this bouncing, playing the game without Vsync is unbearable. The FPS even goes up over a cap you use (or at least appears to. And I checked it out with Dxtory so it's not the in-game FPS counter. This issue has been experienced by both ATI and Nvidia users. So far you just have to be lucky and hope that a re-install does the trick (restart your PC to check).

And would you be surprised to know that my beta account simply did not level up, for some reason it stayed as a beta account and I was told to make a new account. A few people say "this is an old beta account, leveling it up" and some have rare beta-only skins in low level games.

The more I played this game, the less I enjoyed it because the play-style is so repetitive and gets boring. I've had to reduce my score again to a measly 1.
  45. Apr 22, 2014
    Poorly balanced, old graphics, rather boring, toxic community, and developers who don't care about the game, but rather about just making as much money as possible on it. Avoid at all costs. Play Dota 2, or any other Moba.
  46. Feb 19, 2015
    Not worthy to be called a game. Devs don't give a damn crap about the game. Instead, they put a lot of money into making music for this game so the game gets popular (Imagine Dragons). Don't excect any good patches/champions rework, since Riot never heard the word 'balance' before. Are you retarded, you have no life, and no friends? Then League of Legends is something for you. Do you likeNot worthy to be called a game. Devs don't give a damn crap about the game. Instead, they put a lot of money into making music for this game so the game gets popular (Imagine Dragons). Don't excect any good patches/champions rework, since Riot never heard the word 'balance' before. Are you retarded, you have no life, and no friends? Then League of Legends is something for you. Do you like a good community, amazing updates, and just a better experience? Play any other MOBA. Expand
  47. Nov 1, 2013
    Try something else. The champions are pretty boring and flat, as well the game itself. The community is one of the worst honestly, full of ragers and flamers everywhere.
  48. Nov 2, 2013
    Was fun within the first few games, but then it leveled out became boring so quickly. You can only use a few of the characters and they all change every week and if you want to keep using one, you got to BUY it, with either IP, awarded from playing, or using real money to buy them. To me, that is a huge turn-off, and it is definitely not "free"
  49. Nov 3, 2013
    A masterpiece of horrible graphics, server problems and a community that doesn't deserve this name at all. Flamers/hater seem to be allowed to shout out bullsh*t all the time and nobody cares...
  50. Dec 31, 2013
    Worst game EVER!
    -The community sucks, there are flamer in ever game!
    -The game is buggy, it crashes ever thrid time i try to get into a match. Seems to be an issue with win8 or something. -Its laggy! The EU West Server laggs horrible. There are days where u have to wait more than 90 minutes in the login queue -Its unballanced! Every new champ is overpowerd when its released and gets
    Worst game EVER!
    -The community sucks, there are flamer in ever game!
    -Its unballanced! Every new champ is overpowerd when its released and gets nerfed after a few days or weeks. So that everone buys him with real money
    -It kinda "pay to win" (not much, but a little bit). There are champion skins (which u need to buy with real money) that have animations on there spells which are neraly impossible to see. So an enemy cant dodge them.

Sorry for my bad english, iam not from an english speaking country.
  51. Apr 3, 2014
    Highlights:
    -expect thousands of hours of grind before you're given the same tools as other players (base stats, champion and spell selection)
    -you can "bypass" the grind with the use of a credit card -an incredible amount of daily advertisements every time you try to log in -inability to play the main game mode (ranked) before you've reached level thirty (takes approx 500 hours of
    Highlights:
    -you can "bypass" the grind with the use of a credit card
    -an incredible amount of daily advertisements every time you try to log in
    -inability to play the main game mode (ranked) before you've reached level thirty (takes approx 500 hours of grind)
    -a strictly enforced way of play; differing from it will get you banned (no refunds)
    -no single player; always on
    -the graphics were outdated when the game came out several years ago
  52. May 4, 2014
    Fun game? Yes
    Good Game? Far from it.
    First, as is often the case with F2P MOBA games, most people are snob and toxic, no one can fix it, you have to find more than 4 people who can trust and play with, if you want to ENJOY the game. Second, the balancing is horrible, I really can't believe they have a PBE server to test things, almost every new champ or item brought to live server
    Fun game? Yes
    Good Game? Far from it.

Second, the balancing is horrible, I really can't believe they have a PBE server to test things, almost every new champ or item brought to live server is broken and so game-changing.
    It seems there are no logic or principle behind their balance, just pumping out new things to keep people playing.
  53. SCV
    Mar 27, 2014
    Stupid game circles map.
    Abominable press play.
    This seems to mimic the characters somewhere.
    Riot foam company that came up overnight.
    Game industry's disaster.
  54. Apr 3, 2014
    A pay to win oriented game, as runes give so much more early game advantage, not to mention the expanded champion pool.

And plainly, the anti-competitive attitude by the developer makes me sick.
  55. Apr 21, 2014
    League of legends confused me for a while because i could not figure out why it was fun. It is really addicting and the game works pretty well multiplayer due to the small amount of players and easy spectating.
    the thing is, how do you actually get good at this game? most games it makes sense, you understand the underlying strategy and improve a few useless skills (reflexes, aim, memory). in LoL though you have to learn how to position yourself with a tiny window of view and clunky controls, memorize other champions skillset and counters, use reflexes to last hit, and multitask watching the minimap, creeps, and enemy team. its a **** of random **** the teamfights are also extremely confusing with it being almost impossible to tell what is going on until it is over. so why is it fun to play? it seems that because of the almost random mechanics caused by champion counters, snowballing, lag, random teams, and no one paying attention to itemsets, everyone can do extremely well or extremely bad, so everyone gets the chance to be a pentakilling 50/0 champ. and because of human nature people only remember how good they can be. making it fun to play for everyone, because everyone thinks they are good at it.

TL:DR: dota/LoL is gambling for retards
  56. May 7, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. back to starcraft...
    note:you either are really good or really bad. No place for diamond league starcraft 2 HOTS players...
    Don't get me wrong, I loved this game when it came out, i even quit starcraft and dropped $50 on riot points...but now they have a community so bad they need a honor system...they keep adding new champions and disregarding old ones...

I still faithfully watch all the youtube videos. they are almost as good as the Blizzard ones. Until they change the stuff back, I am leaving my level 30 account alone to gather dust.

FOR THE SWARM!!! BRING BACK BURROW CHARGE!!!! WAS AWESOME IN BETA!!!(this is starcraft)
  57. Jun 9, 2014
    One of the worst experience I had on videogames.
    I Have played this game since S2 , and with the time the game is just getting worse.
    The community is toxic, no matter what you do or what they do, they flame everything. mostly of them have no Idea of playing the game or know the metagame but the flame. the servers are absolute garbage, the client , even worse, 90's games have better
    One of the worst experience I had on videogames.
    the servers are absolute garbage, the client , even worse, 90's games have better graphics, clients and servers than this ''game''.
    Unbalanced. Well, at first you think that all champions have strenghts, but with the time you realize that there are just 3 champions on every role that outperforms the entire champion pool and are totally broken, a bad player with an extremely op champ can easy win against an average player with a mediocre champ.

The game is just fun when leveling and learning or playing with friends, when you try to play seriously and meet the community in rankeds and realize that the game is just bad, the gaming experience becomes horrible.
  58. Jun 26, 2012
    This game is pretty fun when you start playing. However, after a handful of games faulty game mechanics begin to surface making more and more games very one-sided. The matchmaking system is based on a so called 'ELO-rating' which should be an indicator of 'how good you are'. However, this system is only based on games won and games lost. I can safely say that 15 out of 20 games areThis game is pretty fun when you start playing. However, after a handful of games faulty game mechanics begin to surface making more and more games very one-sided. The matchmaking system is based on a so called 'ELO-rating' which should be an indicator of 'how good you are'. However, this system is only based on games won and games lost. I can safely say that 15 out of 20 games are one-sided slaughterfests, where one team completely dominates the other team (ie. the one team has at least 4 times more kills then the other, leaving that team overfed and the losing team has almost 0% chance to come back from it). Furthermore, if you do get a 'fair' matchup based on the average ELO of your team and the opposing team, you will still be pitted against teams who have way more wins on average than you have. This means that, if the matchmaking system finally puts you against people with around the same ELO, you can still lose pretty badly because the other team simply has more games played and thus way more experience with the game.

I have been playing this game for 2 years now and it seems like the broken matchmaking system only gets worse. Currently Riot has never acknowledged this problem even with countless treads about this subject on their forums, so it does not look like this problem will be solved anytime soon.

I could recommend playing this game for the first 10-20 levels of experience, but I will strongly advise everyone to not invest any money in this at all (or at least until this major problem is being dealt with). If you want to keep having fun during the first 10-20 levels you can make new accounts.
  59. Jan 2, 2013
    Friends got me into League, but it's so bad I've been actively trying to convince them to stop playing. Every game turns into a shouting match of blame and frustration. The random people you play with in game are the dumbest and most egocentric people you will ever meet in your life. The LoL community is terrible, even by the standards of online games. The item and champion balance is soFriends got me into League, but it's so bad I've been actively trying to convince them to stop playing. Every game turns into a shouting match of blame and frustration. The random people you play with in game are the dumbest and most egocentric people you will ever meet in your life. The LoL community is terrible, even by the standards of online games. The item and champion balance is so poorly done that it's a wonder anyone even considers this a competitive game. I know high-schoolers that can do better game design.

If you play LoL, you'll most likely end up quitting after your first few games because you'll be fed up by low cooldown teleports, invincibility, and stuns (which are basically in-game bans). Nothing about this game is good or enjoyable.
  60. May 16, 2013
    Worst game ever.
    The game itself is fun, but the client crashes, nerfing of champions, terrible ranked system, horrible xp/.ip earning, bad community, static gameplay and terrible support means that you should avoid this. And the worst thing of course is Riot itself, which should get an award for the worst company.
  61. Aug 1, 2013
    funny at first, but quickly becomes bad because of updates, up and nerf, poor community in 2013 it is still a beta game.
    Be care it's a Pay 2 Win, not F2P ^^
  62. Jul 20, 2013
    I can recommend you this game with my whole heart if you are below the gae of 12 and are looking for cartoon-ish characters to spend your time. The community is horrible from what I can tell. I managed to play 100 games with a thick skin but I cannot take it anymore.
  63. Jul 4, 2012
    Only thing good about this game is it's free and you don't have anything to waste except time (loading between games succeeds at that). There are only 3 different maps you can "technically" join a queue for. This mostly applies to the Summoner's Rift map, but when you are at champion select 90% of the time users rage at your champion choice and you have to fulfill a specific role similarOnly thing good about this game is it's free and you don't have anything to waste except time (loading between games succeeds at that). There are only 3 different maps you can "technically" join a queue for. This mostly applies to the Summoner's Rift map, but when you are at champion select 90% of the time users rage at your champion choice and you have to fulfill a specific role similar to a group in an mmo. If you are not fast at your pick you are most likely stuck with the role that you do not want or there will be multiples of the same role, usually mid, bot ad ranged, or top. I think they need to add more support and jungle heroes or change the style of the roles to make them not just be the gank slave (jungle) or the ward slave (support). Some of the weakest graphics of this game type and its age and f2p category. Movement and attacks feel sluggish at times, interface is rather huge, clunky and only minimal customization available (scaling frames only). Expand
  64. Jun 30, 2012
    This is a very poorly designed game with many balance issues and developers that don't give a **** about anything but making money. That is what this was solely created for; making money. I'd say its money well spent; $10 for a re-texture that changes your hero's color! That's a great price! You're going to have to pay twice as much to get new particle effects!
  65. Jan 27, 2013
    The game is so horribly written, the game client is constantly crashing, it takes you forever to find a game. Then when you do get in a game it's actually not very fun.
  66. Nov 11, 2012
    This is definitely one of the worst games i have ever played. I've never been into DotA but this is so much worse than any of the other ones i've tried. The balancing is ridiculously bad and the Champions and abilities are unoriginal and some of them are clearly copies (Vayne for example). The gameplay is pretty boring and unrewarding, the community are all raging kids that will report youThis is definitely one of the worst games i have ever played. I've never been into DotA but this is so much worse than any of the other ones i've tried. The balancing is ridiculously bad and the Champions and abilities are unoriginal and some of them are clearly copies (Vayne for example). The gameplay is pretty boring and unrewarding, the community are all raging kids that will report you for anything, and worst of all a single death and your opponent will be so much stronger than you that they'll have to make a huge mistake to lose. So overall this is a horrible game and i would recommend anyone to avoid it. Expand
  67. Jul 18, 2012
    This game has some serious problems. Heroes are completely unbalanced due to the fact that new heroes are usually overpowered so they can sell them faster. Then they nerf them when a new hero comes available. Game mechanics are pretty boring, you can only have one play style (1 tank or off-tank top, 1 mage middle, 1 carry and 1 support bottom, and 1 jungle), don't even bother tryingThis game has some serious problems. Heroes are completely unbalanced due to the fact that new heroes are usually overpowered so they can sell them faster. Then they nerf them when a new hero comes available. Game mechanics are pretty boring, you can only have one play style (1 tank or off-tank top, 1 mage middle, 1 carry and 1 support bottom, and 1 jungle), don't even bother trying something different as you will only get people laughing at you. It is the same for hero builds, if you not play with exactly the same builds shown in popular guides people will blame you for everything.

Early game and mid game is fun, but when you get to level 30 the fun stops.

The LoL community is one of the worst I've ever seen. Don't matter if you are good or bad, if you win or you lose, there are people who won't stop complaining even before the match starts.
  68. Apr 2, 2013
    Terrible community which you eventually become a part of.
    Masks itself as free-to-play when the average player has spent more on it than a regular "full-cost" game
    Servers are very unstable and often go down on a regular basis. Server side ping spikes are to be expected. The launcher is coded in AIR which is inherently bugged and becomes very annoying to use. Summary: Not an original
    Terrible community which you eventually become a part of.

Summary: Not an original game, bad community, bad servers, buggy client, "freemium" with a competitive advantage to payers, and finally no part of the game is truly refined, its just a low quality game with the excuse of being free.
  69. Jul 30, 2013
    imbalanced, horrendous graphics and you don't even have access to the whole game for weeks.
    That last one is what I really can't live with.
    You start the game with around 10 champions. All the other ones have to be unlocked by either winning a TON of games (and I mean hundreds) to eventually gather up enough points to unlock them 1 by 1 which can take weeks or months depending on how
    That last one is what I really can't live with.
    You start the game with around 10 champions.
    All the other ones have to be unlocked by either winning a TON of games (and I mean hundreds) to eventually gather up enough points to unlock them 1 by 1 which can take weeks or months depending on how much you play/win.
    Alternatively you can use real money to unlock them as well which is borderline retarded since the game severely cripples new players' champion selection.

Secondly, you need to unlock runes as well which make your character stronger and those need to be unlocked again by playing a lot of games.
    So not only do you have VERY limited champion selection, you also have weaker champions than everyone else.

How exactly am I supposed to enjoy a game that deliberately makes me weaker and only allows me access to a few champions ?

Yes the game may be fun once you've spend months learning the game and unlocking all the champions and runes but I wouldn't know because I don't have months to spend before the 'Start Game' button appears...
  70. Aug 17, 2012
    This game is the most overrated and boring game I've ever played. Ever. The graphics are ugly and generic as **** there are so many keys to memorize, the character names and appearances are absolute ripoffs of characters from other games, (i.e. Garen sounds like Ganondorf and looks like him too, except Ganondorf doesn't have as much armor) the characters are unbalanced, and the patches areThis game is the most overrated and boring game I've ever played. Ever. The graphics are ugly and generic as **** there are so many keys to memorize, the character names and appearances are absolute ripoffs of characters from other games, (i.e. Garen sounds like Ganondorf and looks like him too, except Ganondorf doesn't have as much armor) the characters are unbalanced, and the patches are awful! It's hard to believe that over 30 million people play this game! Why? Why do people play this piece of **** I don't know. Do yourself a favor and avoid this game at all costs. Expand
  71. May 5, 2013
    If you are a fan of this new so called MOBA game genre then perhaps you alright with this game but for everyone else keep away from those kind of games since are completely broken in matter of game balance and game mechanics also totally brainless in matter of progression the one that taking the last hit is rewarded with almost all the money of the kill even if you were there and did allIf you are a fan of this new so called MOBA game genre then perhaps you alright with this game but for everyone else keep away from those kind of games since are completely broken in matter of game balance and game mechanics also totally brainless in matter of progression the one that taking the last hit is rewarded with almost all the money of the kill even if you were there and did all the job).
    And of course since this game has the "free to play" tag it has a community of kids and nerds that they are enjoying to be rude and leaving or going afk in almost every single game.
    However this game is fun if you are playing with friends in any other situation this is a stupid game that has one map (actually it has 3 but there is no interest in the other 2) that people playing it repeatably all the time.
  72. Jul 9, 2012
    League of legends is probably one of the more addictive free-to-play games out there. The premise is you and 4 other players face off against 5 other players/bots, the first team to destroy the enemy nexus wins. Simple, right? Well, if you intend on playing with players you're in for a rude awakening. League of Legends is plagued by quite possibly the most repulsive creatures of humanLeague of legends is probably one of the more addictive free-to-play games out there. The premise is you and 4 other players face off against 5 other players/bots, the first team to destroy the enemy nexus wins. Simple, right? Well, if you intend on playing with players you're in for a rude awakening. League of Legends is plagued by quite possibly the most repulsive creatures of human society. In a strictly team-oriented game the possibility of one of your members being either a troll or an obnoxious 12 yearold who has caps-lock perpetually on is staggeringly high. Any merits this game may have is offset completely by the quality of it's community and there seems to have been little to no effort to fixing it. This game was amazing in beta and shortly after, since then it's spiraled down the drain. Top this off with developers that lie(They pride themselves on being transluscent but I've witnessed first hand them deleting an entire slew of red posts(red=riot staff, the developers) to cover up things that would ignite their playerbase. I would, under any other circumstance give this game a 9 or 10, but you will not believe how badly the community actually influences this game and I don't think I can properly express it in words as to why this game earned a 3 instead of a solid 10. You'd have to pick it up and play for a few weeks to understand just how impossible it is to play a team-centric game like LoL with the players it has. Expand
  73. Jul 25, 2013
    The one question most actual gamers ask themselves is: "How the hell did this get so popular?!", as soon as I played my first match I was asking myself the same question, that question had already been asked with games like CoD. Like CoD, the graphics in this game are outdated, the text that pops up every time you last-hit a minion looks like its a font from Microsoft Word. The childishThe one question most actual gamers ask themselves is: "How the hell did this get so popular?!", as soon as I played my first match I was asking myself the same question, that question had already been asked with games like CoD. Like CoD, the graphics in this game are outdated, the text that pops up every time you last-hit a minion looks like its a font from Microsoft Word. The childish fans of this game seem to think it has a GIANT learning curve, however, you can play one match and you've already learnt everything you need to know, simple as that. The pay to win system is terrible as well, many fans may argue that all champions are "balanced". This statement is absolutely false as Riot and one of the most money-grubbing companies I have encountered as a gamer. They have to use incentives to make you want to buy those champions, whether it be better skills or overall better feel or look. Seriously, this game is a joke, if anything. I reckon that DotA 2 NEEDS to take this games place. Expand
  74. Dec 31, 2011
    Horrible game,heroes are mostly bad copies of dota,and aren´t even close to being unique. Hon+dota all the way! I don't recommend this game to anyone,expect if you're looking for a way to waste your time and get depressed at the same time.
  75. Sep 13, 2012
    Terrible community, no sense of balance, and it's nothing but another example of "pay to win" philosophy. Don't waste your time. Not a single character properly balances with others, and some even go so far as to be so utterly overpowered that it's taboo to play them. The community is so utterly awful, they can't even play the damn game for more than ten minutes before screaming at the topTerrible community, no sense of balance, and it's nothing but another example of "pay to win" philosophy. Don't waste your time. Not a single character properly balances with others, and some even go so far as to be so utterly overpowered that it's taboo to play them. The community is so utterly awful, they can't even play the damn game for more than ten minutes before screaming at the top of their lungs like angry german kid about every minute detail. Expand
  76. Dec 28, 2012
    Really dumb game. I can't believe its so popular. You hardly do anything at all its incredibly simple and uncomplicated. Its like an arcade game for kids 5 and under.
  77. Dec 7, 2012
    This is one of the worst games I have ever played. Can't believe that so many people waste their time on this crap. Especially with so many wonderful games available.
  78. Apr 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the only game I'm genuinely rating flat out 0, It's a horribly unbalanced, The best champions are pay2win, you get 40 point's if you lose, 400 if you win, This game is Unfair, ugly and a terrible throw off to dota. If you like lol, you will LOVE dota 2, because it's 100x better, Screw this game, screw it's community and screw the lazy developers. NOT worth playing, the amount of time you'l spend just trying to learn how to play the game, will be wasted when you actually start playing a bunch of second accounted players who will rip your team to shreds. This game stinks. Expand
  79. Jul 17, 2013
    Crappy DOTA copy. Oversimplified game play. Limited hero pool and selling heroes unlike in DOTA where they always been free. Balance is not existent due to releasing new heroes few weeks just to make tons of money. Its all about pay to win in this game. Buy some rune pages and own newbies up, they will never stand a chance. Graphics are so terrible they make my eyes hurt. Inferior to DOTACrappy DOTA copy. Oversimplified game play. Limited hero pool and selling heroes unlike in DOTA where they always been free. Balance is not existent due to releasing new heroes few weeks just to make tons of money. Its all about pay to win in this game. Buy some rune pages and own newbies up, they will never stand a chance. Graphics are so terrible they make my eyes hurt. Inferior to DOTA 2 in every possible way. Expand
  80. Jul 16, 2013
    League of Legends is a graphically dated game running on a client with a myriad of problems.

Negative notes - No LAN function - No VOIP support - Buggy client - Locked content (champions have to be paid for grinded for) - Lack of an in-game spectator function - Lack of proper game replays support - Generally toxic player base (A LoL player has been jailed due to actions in-game)

Negative notes
    - No LAN function
    - No VOIP support
    - Buggy client
    - Locked content (champions have to be paid for grinded for)
    - Lack of an in-game spectator function
    - Lack of proper game replays support
    - Server problems

Positive note:
    - It proved that free to play can work
    - The game can run on older machines

Although it claims to be "free", players are forced to either grind or pay up to unlock content needed to have a complete experience.

My final recommendation?
    LoL is not worth the time and money when there are more well-polished alternatives that are truly free to play like Valve's Dota 2.
  81. Jul 16, 2013
    Bad Free to Play Model;
    Bad Rune system, makes you need to play for months before you can go to Ranked games;
    Bad Community;
    TOTALLY imbalanced...
    Riot is one of the WORSE...
    Just go to Dota 2 and Valve...
  82. Jul 31, 2013
    What started out pretty well has become a cluster f of a business model. Their model is to pump out a new toon every two week. It's how they make money, but it's also how they keep the game in a perpetual state of imbalance. They're now up to 115 (01AUG13) each with at least 5 traits/skills. That's over 600 skills to memorize to keep up with their flawed business model.

DOTA2 relies

DOTA2 relies solely on skins to make money. LoL sells skins, but apparently that wasn't enough, so the flood their own market with mediocre toons.

Their maps are stagnant and new games modes are rare (where's dm ffs?)

Then there's the weak community. Half the players will spite their own team. If someone harrasses you and you speak your mind in return expect a "report". Since this happens every game and there's no oversight of what leads to "reports" expect regular bans unless you don't ever want to chat during the game (and even that won't help sometimes).

Check out DOTA2. It's a solid game with years of history and balance and a more mature community. It's got a higher learning curve, but it's well worth it.
  83. Jul 16, 2013
    This game is flat out awful. It's imbalanced, has horribly graphics, frequent lag and server downtime, and the developers don't seem to care about their game in general. Stay well clear of this one.
  84. Jul 27, 2013
    It's basically "baby's first moba" it takes really no skill to play and it's just an all around casual-fest for players with less skill but want to pretend they're good by playing any number of riot's broken champions. It's a really bad game it's only fun if you're completely new to the moba scene and have no idea what you're doing. If you lack skill in spades this is the game to play.
  85. Aug 5, 2013
    Dota 2 is much competitve and fun to play .Tough to learn but better than this Honestly its horrible and awful. Imbalanced and that runes and stuff with real money makes you stronger Thats just pay to win.
  86. Jan 11, 2014
    A cheap 3D remake of Pokemon from GameBoy Color. No actual skill required for playing, just choose the strongest hero. There are many games in this genre that are much better. Have seen worse games though.
  87. Jun 13, 2014
    One of the worst notable MOBAs available, while at the same time, clearly because of dark magics and Riot sacrificing the souls of its employees to Satan, the most popular one. Why is it popular? Well, because it's simple. It's actually absolute faceroll up to high platinum, some games feel like you're playing with bots.

Now, maybe I should start out by pointing out the positives about

Now, maybe I should start out by pointing out the positives about LoL?

OK, so this game is fun... if you're playing with friends. Except there are hundreds of games that are way more fun with friends. This argument is completely irrelevant, if a game is not fun without friends, then it's just not fun, so when someone tells you "LoL is fun when you're playing with friends", you can tell them just that. Every game is fun with friends. LoL is the epitome of an anti-fun game. The community is by far the worst community that was and ever will be, not even elitistjerks.com had scumbags the likes you meet in every LoL match.

So, that's about the only positive I can think of regarding LoL.

Now, the negatives. Oh, boy. I think I'd have to write that review for 2 hours just to get this right.

The servers are absolute mess. For 2 years now EU players are waiting for DECENT (not even perfect, just DECENT) servers. Back when I played, EU West had queues almost every day and there were regular lagfests, twice a week was pretty much a minimum. Riot is a multi-billion dollar company, and it's unable (or rather, unwilling) to deliver EU players proper servers.

Balance. Or rather - lack of balance. There are a few champions that are broken by design and countless nerfs just can't fix them. There are dozens of champions that are underpowered and as such are never, ever, picked in competitive scene. Compare that to DOTA2, where pretty much every character is very much playable in competitive scene, and you'll get the picture. There are also champions that are inherently OP and can do twice as much as the UP ones with half the effort. And then, instead of trying to balance the game, Riot is busy adding more champions that only ruin the game ever further.

The client. Oh god, the client. Such a terrible piece of **** It's laggy, often unresponsive, clunky and... Damn, words can't express how bad the LoL client is.

The community. Oh wait, I talked about that already. Just let me say again, LoL's community is the gutter of PC players' pool. During my whole 8 years in WoW I have not met as many antipathic, toxic, immature, despicable and mentally unstable human beings as I have in a week in LoL (I played LoL for over 2 years, so you can get the picture). And then WoW community isn't exactly known for being social, polite and helpful, neither.

The game is P2W. It is literally IMPOSSIBLE to farm up for everything you need to start playing ranked games. It just can't be done. A year or so ago I've read a chart that explained how long you'd have to play to get all champions and runes in game. It was over a year worth of time. A year of your life. You'd have to work full time for 3 years to unlock everything without buying RP. If you don't have runes and most champions, you are at a disadvantage in competitive play. This is pure P2W.

Oh well, I don't have time not space to write much more, so I'll leave it all at that. Stay away from this game, it's simply not worth the time and nerves.
  88. Mar 13, 2014
    Unbearably convoluted and poorly structured, this game has absolutely no player balance, and suffers from multiple glitches. A few prime examples of this abhorrent failure would be: When you cast something at a mob (because you literally have to farm pve mobs, really?) the turret will kill what you've already casted towards, negating your cast and placing it on cooldown (GREAT JOB). ItUnbearably convoluted and poorly structured, this game has absolutely no player balance, and suffers from multiple glitches. A few prime examples of this abhorrent failure would be: When you cast something at a mob (because you literally have to farm pve mobs, really?) the turret will kill what you've already casted towards, negating your cast and placing it on cooldown (GREAT JOB). It doesn't help Physical damage casters have Mana (REALLY????). I digress. Overall, this game is a failure. Avoid it. Expand
  89. Sep 14, 2013
    League of Legends is the perfect embodiment of everything that is wrong with gaming. The original developers, in one of the most underhanded abuses in gaming history, stole large amounts of information and ideas from the original DotA community and developers. Forming “Riot Games", they continued to make their own "casual" version of DotA with the intention of gaining as many casualLeague of Legends is the perfect embodiment of everything that is wrong with gaming. The original developers, in one of the most underhanded abuses in gaming history, stole large amounts of information and ideas from the original DotA community and developers. Forming “Riot Games", they continued to make their own "casual" version of DotA with the intention of gaining as many casual players as possible and then extorting them monetarily.

Riot is known for doing things like:

- Releasing very strong champions, which entices people to buy them, and then nerfing them a week later.

- Releasing skins for champions that overpowered, only to nerf them after the first week or two of the new skins coming out (kayle, udyr, etc)

- Releasing new champions instead of fixing ones they have already released. They have been doing better recently, but at one point they were releasing champions every other week and completely ignoring the community.

Speaking of community, League of Legends has quite possibly the worst community of any game ever. The amount of "circle jerk" that goes on within the community is completely embarrassing. Riot basically turns a blind eye to the large problem they face, and instead do things like tell people to not be mad at each other.

Most actual, legitimate requests to help make the game better are shunned by the community. If you go on the forums and post actual, constructive talking points you will be showered in downvotes. If you go on the forums and post a picture of a female champion in a playboy suit, you will gain thousands of upvotes.

League of Legends is also one of the worst designed game from a software perspective. I am a software developer by profession, and it constantly blows my mind how poorly designed this game is. There is countless design decisions which make no sense. Using Adobe Air was possibly the biggest blunder any "professional" gaming company has made in the last decade. The client constantly crashes, disconnects, and lags out.

The game also looks pretty terrible, but that is something I don't mind much since I am usually more about the actual gameplay and performance of the engine.

Riot as a developer are already pretty crappy just based on how they run their game, but they are even worse than they appear. Doing things like bribing professional gaming circuits to only play their game in the Dota-like category. Many of the higher-ups in the company are extremely stuck up thieves who made millions stealing other peoples ideas, and constantly post unprofessional and stupid things to the forums.

If you are thinking about playing League of Legends, do yourself a favor and play Dota 2 instead. Dota 2 does everything that LoL did wrong right.
  90. Jul 5, 2014
    Outstanding Potential, but then the line of success was broken by the community. Everything is the communities' fault, as well as unbalanced teams, and not to mention, why should you have to win so many matches to rank up? That's like if you were on a tightrope from France to New York, I'm DEAD serious.

RIP
  91. Apr 19, 2014
    Great game but the community destroys it... with no working punishment systems in place, players troll as a sport ruining the game for any and all. Does not welcome new players whatsoever. Extremely hateful player base.
  92. Aug 24, 2013
    its a pay to win game that has no thought on having any learning curve that rewords players who spend time on the game and not all the people are free witch messes up the flow win a new broken person comes out and the people who don't spend money ion the person get screwed over.
  93. Dec 22, 2013
    Worst free 2 play implementations of any of the mobas. You will never be able to afford more than a color swap for a single champion unless you buy skins for the ridiculous price of about 10$ each. Some of them cost as much as 20$. You also only get to pick from the 10 free champions of the week until you play A LOT of games and manage to buy yourself more.

The game also lacks the

The game also lacks the diversity, balance and depth other mobas have with people picking out of the same 20-30 champions every time. Also the meta is stuck that if you do not have 1 tank top, 1 ap carry mid, 1 ad carry and support bot and 1 jungler, someone's gonna get reported.
  94. Nov 8, 2013
    Total copy of dota, terrible game i have nothing else to say, League of Lesbians League of Lesbians, League of Lesbians, League of Lesbians, League of Lesbians, League of Lesbians, League of Lesbians, League of Lesbians, League of Lesbians, League of Lesbians, League of Lesbians, League of Lesbians, League of Lesbians, League of Lesbians, League of Lesbians, League of Lesbians, League ofTotal copy of dota, terrible game i have nothing else to say, League of Lesbians League of Lesbians, League of Lesbians, League of Lesbians, League of Lesbians, League of Lesbians, League of Lesbians, League of Lesbians, League of Lesbians, League of Lesbians, League of Lesbians, League of Lesbians, League of Lesbians, League of Lesbians, League of Lesbians, League of Lesbians, League of Lesbians, League of Lesbians, League of Lesbians, League of Lesbians, League of Lesbians, League of Lesbians, League of Lesbians, League of Lesbians, League of Lesbians, League of Lesbians, League of Lesbians, League of Lesbians, League of Lesbians, League of Lesbians, League of Lesbians, League of Lesbians, League of Lesbians, League of Lesbians, League of Lesbians, League of Lesbians, League of Lesbians, League of Lesbians, League of Lesbians, League of Lesbians, League of Lesbians, League of Lesbians, League of Lesbians, League of Lesbians, League of Lesbians, League of Lesbians, League of Lesbians, League of Lesbians Expand
  95. Dec 13, 2013
    This 16-bit copy of DotA is awful, unplayable thing! It was made for donate and making it popular by advertising it. It's very slow and too easy to be eSports! I can't even give it 1 point of score!
  96. Apr 10, 2014
    Some friends posted about this on Facebook, so I decided to to download it.
    Its not terrible but I just can't get into it no matter how much I try. Maybe I'm just spoiled by the many other much, much better games out there...
  97. Jul 10, 2014
    Really boring and easy game.I can't enjoy this brat game LoL.Heroes are too artificial.Too many heroes appear in this game and hero picks are really hard.Worst MOBA ever.
  98. Jul 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I would consider this is a casual online game running by a investment company. Riot try to promo this game as professional/competitive game, but run in the opposite way. I even doubt whether they understand their product in deep.

1. characters are unbalance. You can find the counter characters easily. It makes the game less competitive and boring.

2. lazy client service. No matter what your request is, the answer would be the same.

3. Dishonest company. These people care more about the advertisement and quantity of players rather than the quality. Lots of fake statements and statistic data you can find here. Riot try to make people believe that being nice is the way for the win but not skill.

4. crazy language/mind control. There is no freedom of speaking in this game at all. You cannot say anything negative to anyone, even though they are completely unskill.

5. negative attitude/unskill players in the game. Most players do not care about the win/lose, and these players are usually bad. Nothing you can do for yourself, and you have to chill them up, just like a babysitter.

6. matching system. I cannot tell they ever improve the matching system. I had a unrank player in silver 2 rank game before, which was ridiculous.
  99. Mar 27, 2015
    Pay to win nonsense. They give you some basic, lame champions that allows you to play the game with different play styles in mind. The introduction levels are there to make you feel powerful with those lame chars but as soon as you get passed those introductory levels the whole things goes upsides down. You're lame champion is revealed for what it is, lame. The only way to get a betterPay to win nonsense. They give you some basic, lame champions that allows you to play the game with different play styles in mind. The introduction levels are there to make you feel powerful with those lame chars but as soon as you get passed those introductory levels the whole things goes upsides down. You're lame champion is revealed for what it is, lame. The only way to get a better character than the crap selection they give you for free is to either play like crazy to earn free points to spend money on better champs... this takes forever. The other way is to pay with actual money. What a load of crap. AVOID. Expand

1. Aug 5, 2013
    I find that with League of Legends, Riot has cultivated one of the most unique spaces in gaming history—mostly for good reasons but also for some awful ones, and in the gaming museum of the future, League is sure to have its own wing.
  2. Nov 15, 2011
    League of Legends handles well the worst problem DOTA has: its autistic n00b-hating elite players. Thanks to match making, now we weaklings dare to play. [Nov 2011]
  3. Feb 1, 2011
    Improvements are constantly being updated and although team mates make or break many matches, there is genuine fun to be found.