5.6

1. Sep 28, 2011
    This game have a problem, and not just one. League has great potential, some times when you play you had so much fun, that you don't mind not about lousy crashes at servers, not about huge balances issues in champions design and mode challenge, not about moron(s) with you had to play previously game, not about over priced content that offer this game. You just play and have fun, true fun.This game have a problem, and not just one. League has great potential, some times when you play you had so much fun, that you don't mind not about lousy crashes at servers, not about huge balances issues in champions design and mode challenge, not about moron(s) with you had to play previously game, not about over priced content that offer this game. You just play and have fun, true fun. But when you start new game, and all these issues comes back, and you haven't getting fun anymore you wanna stop this for god sake. Another think that developers almost every week make some change in balance, that comes in increasing and decreasing champions and items stats, some times changes is good some times it's can make your favorite champion just useless. All league players know such pains in ass who fall down so much that become just not a "good" choice to play at all. One more think is community, is not growth enough, and i mean not only by the age in my point of view, too many rage, crying, and morons you meet, some times not. I know that in almost every online game, but still. So game is worth a 10 from 10 point, but the issues of the League keep me from that score. Expand
  2. Dcy
    May 30, 2012
    When this game started, it was good, but since a few months it changed a lot. The champions are now very OP (overpowered) and totally unbalanced. Also, the people (the community) has changed a lot, there are more people that disturbs and they don't play friendly and teamplaying.

I used to enjoy this game a lot, but now the community and the creators (RIOT) doesn't do the same, for example, the prices have changed a lot, from the minimum price to the maximum price to all champions. Now, all the "new" champions cost the maximum money possible
  3. Jul 16, 2013
    I was initially excited about the game, having been a veteran of Warcraft 3 maps such as Tides of Blood or Defense of the Ancients, the excitement didn't really last however as the game ultimately molded into something unpleasant. Core gameplay elements were cut out, either for lack of effort or to dumb down the game such as attributes, creep denying or multiple unit control, while only aI was initially excited about the game, having been a veteran of Warcraft 3 maps such as Tides of Blood or Defense of the Ancients, the excitement didn't really last however as the game ultimately molded into something unpleasant. Core gameplay elements were cut out, either for lack of effort or to dumb down the game such as attributes, creep denying or multiple unit control, while only a couple were added in that I don't even like, such as bushes or spell vampirism. Many early champions are cut+paste chimeras of old DotA heroes, such as Ashe or Amumu while newer heroes follow a rather straightforward formula of gap closers, auto attack buffs and defensive skill.

The worst feature of the game is the carrot and stick MMO incentive system, where you must play to earn persistent stat bonuses, new champions and other such bonuses. The reward treadmill these offer help to mask the shortcomings of the game for more casual players who can feel a sense of progression not by becoming a better player, but by having stronger bonuses or champions.

Ultimately, core weaknesses in the gameplay and grind system can make the game feel dull after a while, when playing I only play with friends and they've turned to only playing ARAM in order to spice up the stale gameplay. I'd say the game might be worth playing just to try out various champions, but with the hero rotation and unavailability of heroes to the average player it might be too difficult to. League isn't as weak an entry into the genre as say Rise of Immortals, but is overshadowed by more complete or compelling MOBAs such as Smite or DotA.
  4. Apr 4, 2013
    To start with. I've played this game for about two or three years now and I must admit that I kind of liked it In the beginning.

At this time (beginning of 2013) League of Legends is one of the most popular online games. It has millions of players all over the world, and it just seems to be more and more popular. However, in entirety, this game is not that awesome as everyone thinks, and I guess many of the players know this, but dont admit it.

It's actually quite funny because this game consists of 50% "one kind of person", because in each match I play, there's always someone who thinks he's best or is rude because someone else aint as good as he think he is and so on. Childstalk: each time he dies, its not his fault. Either it was a teammate who did wrong or it was because of lag. Silly.

The game itself is great, but you might get tierd because of the players playing it, being so rude. It's not like any other DOTA-based game. (atleast not what I've experienced)

However, enough of this, now to the actual game.
    League of Legends is considered as a DoTA-clone, but it not as much of a clone, as most other DoTA cones. You get what I mean? Both HoN, DoTA 2 and RoI are more DoTA-clones while LoL being a bit less.
    Why? Well the feeling is far from what DoTA was. Not in a bad way though. You have the same map, you do the same thing, but it's still not an exact DoTA-clone.

What are the differences? Well here they are!

Pros:
    - It's easier because it's not as fast phased as it's concurents.
    - Easier to learn and play.
    - Bigger difference between spellcasters and non-spellcasters.

Cons:
    - Too many people are being rude (not the game's fault I guess)
    - Easier (Being easy can be a consequence for some.
    - Bad balanced champions. Some champions can be way more overpowered than others.

Notes:
    What LoL have that differs from what any other DoTA Clone have, but is positive or negative deppending on your own opinion.
    LoL...
    - ...have smaller map
    - ...summonerspells, runes and masteries (like talents and gems in WoW)
    - ...much more fancy graphics

I actually dont have the time to count everything up but if you are intressted in the game anyway, look it up and make sure you like it. Else you should not waste your time on it.

At the launch of the game, I found it very enjoyable (I would have given it a 7/10), but now it's far from the same thing. If you're intrested and want to get into a DoTA based game. I recommend you to check this game out, (it's free!), but I would recommend you to try out the others first.

4/10, because it's far from what I expected in the beginning.
  5. Jan 22, 2013
    Save yourself the pain of helplessly watching your champion get destroyed by max-level exploiters. There is no strategy, there is no fun, all there is is a **** of rape waiting to piss you off until you rip your hair out.
  6. Dec 21, 2011
    I have nothing against this game in particular, but rather the DotA genre as a whole. The game is built around long matches of grinding as fast as possibly to get to a higher level than your enemies, at which point you'll win because of your stats.

If you die then your enemy gets lots of experience, which gives your teammates lots of reasons to hate you, and the actual combat is boring as hell!

The one positive thing I has to say about this game is that the graphics are nice.
  7. Dec 19, 2012
    Repetitive game-play, horribly imbalanced and homogenized champions and a toxic community. I had more fun watching paint dry than playing this pathetic excuse for a video-game.
  8. Jun 10, 2012
    This game is too easy and by far the worst DOTA remake of all time. I mean yeah early game and mid game is fun, but late game is just a massive waste of time. It just depends on whether you can kill the whole team in one fell swoop, not items, not carries, not skill, just luck. It is a massive waste of time.
  9. Sep 16, 2011
    Very poor optimization despite having 10 players on a map with lower poly counts than Halo 1 - Graphics hurt your eyes, are cutesy, kitsche, and highly generic, its unappealing to anime fans or hard fantasy fans - Imbalanced to the point there is a Hero-banning option every match to voteban upto 4 broken heroes - Multiplayer consists of a couple maps and 3 game modes - Requires 30-60 hoursVery poor optimization despite having 10 players on a map with lower poly counts than Halo 1 - Graphics hurt your eyes, are cutesy, kitsche, and highly generic, its unappealing to anime fans or hard fantasy fans - Imbalanced to the point there is a Hero-banning option every match to voteban upto 4 broken heroes - Multiplayer consists of a couple maps and 3 game modes - Requires 30-60 hours of gameplay to buy 1 of the +70 heroes - Heroes frequently get nerfed or OP buffed - Gameplay is very basic to an RTS player and tons of needless non-strategy complication in order to win - You can be player-reported and permabanned for quitting a losing match, getting angry in game, and being a newb - Exceptionally unstable servers, random patches, frequent random downtime, despite making millions from its freemium platform - Incredible lack of content in spite of having more employees than WoW's original team - This is all inexcusable even for a free-to-play game, its popular because it has a MMO carrot-and-stick system with almost no content to speak of and no plans for major updates despite making millions per day. Expand
  10. Jan 22, 2012
    Almost every game matched against way stronger opponents. Most of the time they have played tons of more games than myself (100 wins against people with 1000's of wins). Also a solo player does not stand a chance because you will be matched against full premade teams (4-5 players) most of the time. Without friends to play with this is a game that should be skipped.
  11. Nov 13, 2011
    I used to play DoTA all the time and tried LoL several time over the years. The game has stayed the same easy and boring game that it has been. Leveled 3 different accounts to 30 without losing a single game. Riot has made it obvious that they don't care about hero balance. HoN on the otherhand is pretty fun with friends while LoL is just full of trolls and BRs
  12. Oct 10, 2010
    On the surface this game seems good but there are a number of horrendous issues. Firstly, the game is technically laughable. It crashes regularly in many and various ways. Sometimes you can queue for a game then have it crash right before the map loads. There is a "reconnect" button when you reload but it rarely works. The performance of the game is a joke. It consumes so much memory I hadOn the surface this game seems good but there are a number of horrendous issues. Firstly, the game is technically laughable. It crashes regularly in many and various ways. Sometimes you can queue for a game then have it crash right before the map loads. There is a "reconnect" button when you reload but it rarely works. The performance of the game is a joke. It consumes so much memory I had to turn the settings down to low to stop it from crashing my computer (which can normally run graphics intensive games at 1900X1200 on high settings - for example team fortress 2) Secondly, the game lacks even the most basic of features that are required. They only recently introduced a draft system which is a basic requirement for this genre of game. There is no built in voice chat so you have to use ventrillo, There are only two maps.

Thirdly, the pricing structure of this game is absurd. Sure you can technically play for free but you only have access to a random small selection of champions. If you decide to spend some money you can unlock a few more but even having spent 60-70 dollars you still do not own all the available champions. Add to this the fact that new champions are released every two weeks and you end up with a buggy, unfinished, imbalanced borderline scam of a game. Riot's business model seems doomed to failure as I can only imagine it revolves around housebound man children with too much disposable income who are notoriously fickle and will soon be moving on to the next shiny thing to waste their money on and children who beg their parents for mom's credit card to keep feeding their addiction to new champions and new skins.

In short the game looks fun and feels fun after a couple of games but it has no depth and even in it's shallow waters there is nothing but technical issues, balance issues, and a development team so incompetent they managed to make a game that is less reliable than any other pc release of the last 10 years.

Overall, this game is a waste of time and has left me regretting the small amount of money I spent on it for such little reward.
  13. Jan 19, 2015
    I was in cbt, it was good back then. There were only about 40-50 champions to select from with a new one coming every few months. Now they are releasing a new champion every other week which makes it impossible to keep up with getting new champions unless you lack a life or want to spend a lot of real money on it. One of my idiot friends fell for this and has spent 5.8k usd on league soI was in cbt, it was good back then. There were only about 40-50 champions to select from with a new one coming every few months. Now they are releasing a new champion every other week which makes it impossible to keep up with getting new champions unless you lack a life or want to spend a lot of real money on it. One of my idiot friends fell for this and has spent 5.8k usd on league so far... I might rate this up to a 5 if they included an all in one package, for one price, like smite did... However, the game is no longer about skill, its about "counters." Problem is, if you don't grind using crappy champions or wont spend real money (on a garbage game might I add) you wont be able to counter said OP champions. I am sorry but this is just a piss poor design. Smite is the better option, hi-rez might be a team of inbred morons but at least they made a solid skill based game, compared to this garbage. Expand
  14. Apr 8, 2011
    League of Legends is a fairly well polished game in that it optimizes team gameplay and coordination. Every aspect of the game requires you to cooperate with your team, meaning that this game requires you to rely on your teammates, however there is enough room for individuals to "carry" their team to victories.

Many of the champions are fun to play, and have a broad range of abilities

Many of the champions are fun to play, and have a broad range of abilities and style. However, Riot spends too much time creating new characters, which are no longer as unique and are not balanced properly. There are much bigger things in the game that can be worked on besides new characters, such as balancing issues and the matchmaking system for ranked games.

Overall, this game is fun and sometimes it can be a blast, but many times the game can be flat out disappointing. Riot spends way too much time creating unnecessary characters, which are released roughly every two weeks, instead of balancing current characters. Many characters lost their uniqueness because of Riot's overwhelming creation of new champions.
  15. Mar 30, 2011
    Probably one of the most boring games I've ever played. Almost fell asleep playing it. I had more fun watching the news. Big waste of my time trying out this game.
  16. Apr 11, 2012
    Simply put, this is DotA for children. Poor heroes balance, horrible gameplay, childish graphics and permament perks kill the purpose of the Defense of the Ancients genre. It might be interesting for gamers who never played the genre, so they can learn the basics before starting to play real games, such as DotA, DotA 2 or Heroes of Newerth; this game's community is full of newbies andSimply put, this is DotA for children. Poor heroes balance, horrible gameplay, childish graphics and permament perks kill the purpose of the Defense of the Ancients genre. It might be interesting for gamers who never played the genre, so they can learn the basics before starting to play real games, such as DotA, DotA 2 or Heroes of Newerth; this game's community is full of newbies and having a bad player on your team doesn't really matter here; teamplay and strategy have been completely forgotten. Expand
  17. Jun 19, 2011
    It was good, untill The login quoues gets up to 3 hrs... and then it loggs out and the servers are not avaible, and when they are again you are put back in 3hrs quoue. Sure, I dont pay anything for the game soo no need to complain, but I know there is ppl paying for it and still are not able to play couse the servers dosnt work.
    While writing this I had sit it quoue for about 2hrs to log
    While writing this I had sit it quoue for about 2hrs to log in and was not long left. But I got this messege, "server is busy try again later" And I have to wait another 2 hrs to log in.

Other then the login I like the game, atleast when I can play it, wich isnt that often atm.
  18. DavidW
    Nov 6, 2009
    LoL is a god awful game, The graphics are just terrible, I played this game just before it released and I could not tolerate it for longer than 5 mins before I was forced to quit. On top of that the Play for Free, Pay to Pwn scheme that will end up from their micro transaction means the game will be a great success in the Asain market but will flop and be bad in the US. If you want a REAL LoL is a god awful game, The graphics are just terrible, I played this game just before it released and I could not tolerate it for longer than 5 mins before I was forced to quit. On top of that the Play for Free, Pay to Pwn scheme that will end up from their micro transaction means the game will be a great success in the Asain market but will flop and be bad in the US. If you want a REAL game in this genre not some F2P piece of garbage Play S2 games HoN Expand
  19. PaulR
    Nov 4, 2009
    The same unbalanced unfair gameplay that made dota so horrible. They improved on the item system, but the rest is still the same old dota failure. Levels and itms have no place in fair competitive pvp combat!
  20. khalidJ
    Oct 27, 2009
    League of Legends is an amazing game that combines the loved creation of Defense of the Ancients with their own personal flavor and strategies. Removing certain aspects of DotA while keeping a stronger teamwork focus has created an engaging, colorful world. This world is not only maintaining the competitive feel of upper-level DotA play but is also lowering a ramp to allow any new players League of Legends is an amazing game that combines the loved creation of Defense of the Ancients with their own personal flavor and strategies. Removing certain aspects of DotA while keeping a stronger teamwork focus has created an engaging, colorful world. This world is not only maintaining the competitive feel of upper-level DotA play but is also lowering a ramp to allow any new players to join in. Can't wait to watch as Riot Games lovingly guides their creation along in the future. Expand
  21. JohanG
    Jan 2, 2010
    Its a strange rare game. You need to love old 2D game graphics. Also you need to love you will and get pwnd now and then. But Make friends use the chat system. Make a team and build your way up. Even i have lost 40 before i get 1 win. So its hard. But its fun when you feel how to play a this :). Because off some bugs i rate 10. If the fixs it i gave it a 11. Join its free The min rate are Its a strange rare game. You need to love old 2D game graphics. Also you need to love you will and get pwnd now and then. But Make friends use the chat system. Make a team and build your way up. Even i have lost 40 before i get 1 win. So its hard. But its fun when you feel how to play a this :). Because off some bugs i rate 10. If the fixs it i gave it a 11. Join its free The min rate are people that are crying because off there lose. Expand
  22. JohnS
    Jan 19, 2010
    Each new character you play is a completely new experience, in addition to the original 40ish characters available, Riot continues to create new ones. This game takes a lot of skill and timing to play, but mostly team work is required. As you play, you will develop relationships with others online and you'll find yourself a part of one or many crews of players. Extremely enjoyable on Each new character you play is a completely new experience, in addition to the original 40ish characters available, Riot continues to create new ones. This game takes a lot of skill and timing to play, but mostly team work is required. As you play, you will develop relationships with others online and you'll find yourself a part of one or many crews of players. Extremely enjoyable on so many levels, and best of all, free. Expand
  23. AshleyS
    Oct 28, 2009
    This game will really go far. Once you get into it, it hooks you! It also has a ton of potential and I can't wait to see it grow!
  24. Oct 13, 2010
    Easily the most fun I've had in a MOBA ever. The lore, the champions, and the community are all great. There are frequent fun updates and the developers really know how to keep contact with their community.
  25. JaredA
    Oct 27, 2009
    This is an outstanding, deep, and polished game in a fledgling new genre. It may not be for everyone, but for those who enjoy pvp and strategy, this might be your GOTY!
  26. Yax
    Oct 26, 2010
    I've been playing this game for a while, and no, it's not just a mod. The graphics are a bit low poly, but when 10 people are fighting each other onscreen at once with lots of particle effects you don't want to be chug because of the trees, terrain, or mobs being too high res.

The game runs very smooth and that's what counts with a PvP game or a MOBA. There are tons of champions to

The game runs very smooth and that's what counts with a PvP game or a MOBA.

There are tons of champions to choose from and half the fun is learning all of them. I highly recommend this one.
  27. Aug 27, 2010
    I'm not a very big fan of this game. I stopped playing DotA and got my friend to also stop playing DotA to come play this game. I was very disappointed with the graphics - I cannot stand them at all! The game requires almost no skill to play. If you are really bad at DotA, then this is the game for you. Dying accounts for almost nothing in this game - you can die as much as you want and itI'm not a very big fan of this game. I stopped playing DotA and got my friend to also stop playing DotA to come play this game. I was very disappointed with the graphics - I cannot stand them at all! The game requires almost no skill to play. If you are really bad at DotA, then this is the game for you. Dying accounts for almost nothing in this game - you can die as much as you want and it barely affects which team will end up winning. That is good in the aspect that there is no such thing as "feeding" in this game, since dying doesn't do anything. But that also means you can't get "fed", which is something I enjoyed about doing in DotA. Graphics are terrible. My friend and I played it for a whole week, then went back to DotA, since LoL is terrible. Now, we both play Heroes of Newerth. The game is free, which it should be since it is so bad. I wouldn't expect anyone to pay for something like this. And the graphics in LoL is terrible, in case I haven't mentioned that yet. If you look for the word "fail" in the dictionary, you will see the League of Legends logo next to it. Expand
  28. anonymous
    Dec 7, 2009
    Big shoes to fill? Bah! This successor to DotA definitely walks proud in daddy's giant boots.
  29. May 27, 2014
    As someone who has played both League of Legends and Dota 2, I can say that of the two I would prefer to play Dota. Now, that does not mean that LoL is a bad game, it just means that I think that Dota mechanics make more sense.

League offers a larger community of players with a gameplay based almost entirely on items. Abilities of the player are made stronger only through the items that are bought and hardly at all through leveling. The rune system is pretty much pointless until the player reaches level 20 and can purchase the Tier 3s, but even then they will have played against people with an advantage due to their runes and masteries. Plus the player has to either earn enough IP to unlock champions or purchase RP to unlock them.

In Dota, all of the champs come free to play, and the only items that the player purchases with real money are character sets. In game the character scales based off of leveling. Also, something that League has just gotten around to adding; Dota has had an in-game voice chat since the release and if someone is being toxic there is a mute button for chat and in-game text chat. There are no runes or masteries that give seasoned players any advantage over newcomers, and the game is based more on skill than it is dependent on runes and masteries.

Overall, League has a larger player base, but Dota has superior gameplay opportunity.
  30. Sep 26, 2014
    I have been playing this game for about one year ant it never bores me. I play all nights with my friends like casuals and we have the most fun! This game may be needing graphics like some say but riot will soon implement a new map, Also the community isn't that bad almost all games are acceptable but the possibilities of having a rager are high. Some people can't control themselves andI have been playing this game for about one year ant it never bores me. I play all nights with my friends like casuals and we have the most fun! This game may be needing graphics like some say but riot will soon implement a new map, Also the community isn't that bad almost all games are acceptable but the possibilities of having a rager are high. Some people can't control themselves and rage but that is not a problem of the game, that's a problem of the human himself .And by the way riot does the most possible to ban the ragers that troll using different methods like leaverbooster for afk or tribunal for negative and players that harass others. The "good" half of the community is very active in reddit and is helping riot finding bugs or they are giving requests and ideas that could improve the game. Finally i think this game will have a lot more years of activity and will be updating frequently with new gamemodes and champions every month or every 2 months. Expand
  31. Aug 13, 2014
    League of Legends-Free to play MOBA. Hundred plus champions, fun playstyle. So what's the big deal about this game? It is addictive, and it is really fun. Riot is combating toxic players, not just with the tribunal, but with (I think) new ways of matchmaking and designing things that detect a toxic player. So what's the problem if Riot is improving their game? The problem lies inLeague of Legends-Free to play MOBA. Hundred plus champions, fun playstyle. So what's the big deal about this game? It is addictive, and it is really fun. Riot is combating toxic players, not just with the tribunal, but with (I think) new ways of matchmaking and designing things that detect a toxic player. So what's the problem if Riot is improving their game? The problem lies in the community and repetitive gameplay. I rarely play on my own, because I play with my cousins, mostly.

All in all, good game, but if you want more fun, play with friends or family (cousins, brothers).
  32. Oct 21, 2014
    lots of these reviews are really old and the game doesnt seem to work well on older computers(every other game it will freeze but i can always "reconnect" to it) and it is free to play, you get new champs to try every week and you also win "IP" points every match to buy new champs with, i have been playing under 2 weeks and have unlocked 3 of the cheaper-ish champs and can use themlots of these reviews are really old and the game doesnt seem to work well on older computers(every other game it will freeze but i can always "reconnect" to it) and it is free to play, you get new champs to try every week and you also win "IP" points every match to buy new champs with, i have been playing under 2 weeks and have unlocked 3 of the cheaper-ish champs and can use them permanently and that was without spending any actual cash. this is also a really difficult game, the main point is to not die, i got my skill up by playing against bots and now i dont "feed"(die alot) to the enemy faction. really hard learning curve but i have played EVE and not gone insane so i can learn this game as well.

Main point of all of this is, the game is fun with friends, it is difficult even with friends, it is free to play. even though you will want to spend money maybe to get a certain champion faster or to buy new "skins" to make your champ look different. otherwise if you like strategy games, because it takes "strategy" and knowing the proper way to use the abilities of a certain champion. you wouldnt go using a sniper rifle for up close combat in call of duty just like you wouldnt snipe someone with a shotgun. there are certain ways to use certin characters, play it for free, rage and quit, or get better and enjoy yourself, like me currently for free.
  33. Aug 28, 2014
    I have to say that the users who gave this game a bad review don't know what they're talking about. This game is a highly competitive one and requires putting time and effort into learning it. It demands more than a casual approach if you want to fully enjoy the game. League of Legends doesn't have a competitive scene with year round tournaments sponsored by big companies with attendanceI have to say that the users who gave this game a bad review don't know what they're talking about. This game is a highly competitive one and requires putting time and effort into learning it. It demands more than a casual approach if you want to fully enjoy the game. League of Legends doesn't have a competitive scene with year round tournaments sponsored by big companies with attendance in the thousands in each event for nothing, and it doesn't get its praise from what the users describe as "bad graphics" or "that one guy on your team who thinks he's better than everyone". Part of the challenge is prevailing despite this one team mate, often not limited to just ONE team mate.
    Not everyone is built for this game, as it requires many countless hours to learn and an even greater number of hours still to master. I highly recommend this game for people who are looking for a challenge and don't back down at the first sign of intimidation and frustration.
  34. Sep 9, 2014
    The most popular MOBA of all time, hell, most popular game of all time. Does it live up to its name? You bet it does.

LoL does a lot of things right, and several things wrong. Firstly, it's popular and has a lot of content, and on top of that, it's free to play. It is accessible and has a reasonable business model which encourages a lot of gameplay for the player. The game now

The game now features over 115 heroes that can be customized with mastery "talent" trees and "runes" which let you empower your hero in different ways.

The complexity of the game is just perfect for both casual and competitive players, although most HoN and DOTA players would disagree and bash the game for being "too casual". But in my opinion, Riot really did remove the features that seemed to hinder the fun aspect of MOBA games (eg. denying your creeps).

The game also features unique hero and environment designs, accompanied by great user interface.

The learning curve is still there, and the lack of a good tutorial and explanation of basic gameplay concepts. Also the client that the pre-game lobby runs on is old and buggy, and can really get on the nerves of some people.

I quit LoL a year ago as I have over 1500 hours clocked on it, and it got quite boring and repetitve, and it didn't help that Riot is scared of any major balance changes, and if they do them, they nerf instead of buffing, which gradually makes the game sillier and more boring to play in my opinion.

In my opinion, LoL is the best "all-round" MOBA experience, featuring complex gameplay and strategies without flooding the player with mechanics that hinder the core fun MOBA experience. The lack of tutorial and good lobby client is definitely a con until it's fixed.
  35. Apr 10, 2014
    Another DotA with expanded and...dulled gameplay. No denies, no easy/hard lane, middle is not fun at all - no reasons to roam without runes and 2-1-2 laneup, jungler is mandatory, no courier. etc. Instead of deep mechanics DotA uses, you get some doubtful gameplay expansions like runes, masteries and additional passives on heroes. Most of items do not have active component at all, graphicsAnother DotA with expanded and...dulled gameplay. No denies, no easy/hard lane, middle is not fun at all - no reasons to roam without runes and 2-1-2 laneup, jungler is mandatory, no courier. etc. Instead of deep mechanics DotA uses, you get some doubtful gameplay expansions like runes, masteries and additional passives on heroes. Most of items do not have active component at all, graphics whistle and fart, i can't recognize any action heroes do during teamfight. It's just a prolonged tutorial to Dota, with some stuff missing for easier understanding. Expand
  36. Sep 13, 2013
    The Game itself is great but the Community deserves a 0. The Players are obviously also part of the Game and its not fun in 90% of your Games if you get flamed, insulted, bullied and humiliated. Sadly its the nature of those so called "MOBAs" to have toxic communities, but Jesus ive never seen such a unfriendly and aggressive playerbase, But because of the solid Game, i still give a decentThe Game itself is great but the Community deserves a 0. The Players are obviously also part of the Game and its not fun in 90% of your Games if you get flamed, insulted, bullied and humiliated. Sadly its the nature of those so called "MOBAs" to have toxic communities, but Jesus ive never seen such a unfriendly and aggressive playerbase, But because of the solid Game, i still give a decent score.

To sum it up:
    + easy to pick up and fun Gameplay
    + many Champions and several Gamemodes
    + The amount of Champions and the possible Rune and Mastery combinations give you a thousand ways to play the Game
    + rarely gets boring

- Community, just a nightmare
    - outdated client
    - The developers favor the American playerbase while more or less neglecting others including the largest playerbase (Europe!) and thats a highly unprofessional
    - Game runs while providing dated Graphics, its unoptimized and several of my buddies cant play properly while having good PCs
    - Metagame is very boring and repetitive
    - Balance isnt that great, in addition several balance changes are a joke (A lot of Nerfs are overkill)
  37. Apr 5, 2015
    Id rather take a massive **** on my mums face. At least I get some pleasure relieving my bowls. Only recommended if planning on murdering yourself and possibly everyone around you!
  38. Oct 9, 2013
    I started playing League of Legends about two years ago without knowing what to expect from it. A few friends of mine said it was good, so I downloaded it and played a few games. I noticed something right in my first few games: The graphics are pretty bad for a current generation game.

I don't really care about a game's graphics, but League of Legends does looks pretty awful except for a few character's models and the reworked Twisted Treeline map. But don't get scared away from the graphics; League of Legends has one of the most addicting gameplays I have ever experienced.

Getting started is always a bit slow in MOBAs and League of Legends is no exception, but it is easier to learn than, for example, DOTA 2. What really helps new players is the good UI which makes it easy to find every option or item in the shop. Additionally, you can change tons of options to make the game exactly fit your needs.

The gameplay is extremely fast-paced and you will need quick reaction times to survive for long, but that ability will come as your general skill advances. When playing PvP games data about your win rate and such will be used to find players who are as good as you, which makes the early summoner levels easy for newer players. When reaching level 30, you can also play ranked games which will put you in a certain division depending on how many of the first ranked games you win. This makes the selection of enemies and teammates even better and is a pretty nice feature itself, but sadly there are always people blocking your way to higher ranks.

That brings me to one of the worst parts of League of Legends: The community.
    More than 60% of the people my friends and I met in this game are either flaming, feeding kills, going AFK or not communicating with the team. And afterwards, it's always the fault of the people who did something useful. And if you think they would just get banned: They mostly don't because the punishment system in League of Legends is too friendly to bad behaving players. After two years of playing this game my ignore list is filled with more than 1.000 players and I have reported at least the same amount.

Something else wrong with League of Legends is the game balance. Riot keeps releasing characters which isn't exactly a bad thing, but this makes balancing the game even more difficult and right now I am wondering if they still even try to. Champ after champ gets reworked, changed, buffed and nerfed but there are always champs that are just way too strong for the skill you need to play them.
    Let's compare League of Legends to DOTA 2 here: In DOTA 2 the characters are all pretty damn strong, but they ALL are, so it's basically balanced. In League of Legends there are champs like Lulu, Varus, Xerath and Orianna which take some skill to play, but when mastered, are pretty strong. On the other hand there are champs like Jarvan IV, Kha'Zix, Vi, Gankplank and Lee Sin (mostly melee champs somehow) which have a huge damage output no matter how good you are with them or generally at the game. The base damage of all champs is around the same amount, but some champs just aren't difficult at all and therefore hit more abilities.

I can only recommend this game to everyone who likes MOBAs or similiar game types, but you need a lot of time and you have to get through a lot of sh*t to play this for long because of the missing game balance and the really bad community.
  39. Sep 25, 2013
    As an avid player of RTS games, I enjoy League of Legends thoroughly.It has fluid game play in the sense that it offers relatively faster rhythm of game flow. While the game isn't as refined as I feel that it could be,it does its job well in ensuring that there is a relatively casual game play section for those who are not serious in the game, and a section for those who want to play on aAs an avid player of RTS games, I enjoy League of Legends thoroughly.It has fluid game play in the sense that it offers relatively faster rhythm of game flow. While the game isn't as refined as I feel that it could be,it does its job well in ensuring that there is a relatively casual game play section for those who are not serious in the game, and a section for those who want to play on a more serious and pseudo-competitive scale.
    Overall, it is enjoyable but some segments of the game need to be worked on, such as optimization issues and game balance.
  40. Dec 7, 2013
    very very fun to play, easy to pick up. that is if you don't come across anyone else. (wait, you just might!). Almost everyone in this game is going to have a go at you for no reason, and you might go ahead and do the same thing yourself. This games community is the main reason we all have grown to despise playing this game (without friends?). That being said, the gameplay isvery very fun to play, easy to pick up. that is if you don't come across anyone else. (wait, you just might!). Almost everyone in this game is going to have a go at you for no reason, and you might go ahead and do the same thing yourself. This games community is the main reason we all have grown to despise playing this game (without friends?). That being said, the gameplay is straightforward right click to move your single character. last hit the minions ,destroy structures then the enemy nexus. (in that order) the game is easy to get used to and has many champions(characters) to get into. just avoid the toxicity of this community and you'll do aight. Expand
  41. Apr 26, 2014
    This game is a lot of fun and addicting. I've spent many hours in it. Its hampered by a really crappy community and a terrible game client. For free, however, I can't complain. I bought some characters but haven't spent more than $20 I'd say. And for that price, I definitely got my money's worth.
  42. Nov 28, 2013
    I've read old reviews saying how crap this game is (graphics, repetitiveness, bad community, etc), so here's an honest review with an honest rating from an average player.

I have been playing League since early Jan 2011. I hadn't played any Moba games previously which made it hard to pick up. Each week were new champions I hadn't played, and it took awhile til I found a champion that I enjoyed. Champion Guides were what helped me each game and I basically played by them. I only really got into the game after hitting level 30, being able to have a full mastery and rune page.

The community has become more positive (in-game at-least) and players communicate more in order to help their team. The normal matchmaking system is better (e.g 4 man premade of silver/gold vs 2 man premade of silver/gold with a plat player) and a-lot more depends on your teams attitude than the champion picks. There are over 100 champions to play, all with unique and awesome skills. There are also 4 maps now, all with various game-types to make the daily experience more enjoyable. All the visuals are updated, and all the original/old champions are being redone to accompany the changes. There are loads of servers now too so the only restrictions are your internet or PC.

If you've never played and want to give this game a go, be warned it will not be easy. Play with a friend, and aim to have fun each game. Learn from your mistakes, listen to your teammates and communicate with them. Watch tournaments, streamers and videos to give you ideas, and improve your skills. You will get better the more games you play.

Good luck, and thanks for reading.

(Also note a-lot of the old reviews are (obviously) outdated and don't apply to the game now. So don't be put off by them.)
  43. Dec 4, 2013
    Started as a copy of DOTA? Yes, but the conception of this game is different. Firstly, it has a constant of makeovers, new champions, modes which completely remove the thought of a simple copy. Addictive, extremely fun to play, offers a good competition mechanic. Excellent game. Whatsoever, as much as RIOT gaming works hard so do they disappoint us with lags and errors which completelyStarted as a copy of DOTA? Yes, but the conception of this game is different. Firstly, it has a constant of makeovers, new champions, modes which completely remove the thought of a simple copy. Addictive, extremely fun to play, offers a good competition mechanic. Excellent game. Whatsoever, as much as RIOT gaming works hard so do they disappoint us with lags and errors which completely ruin the competition gaming. Moreover, the community of this game is the worst community ever existed on planet. So much verbal abuse, childish behavior and much more negative attributes seriously damages the gameplay. But, to play with your friends, best game ever. Expand
  44. May 3, 2014
    Well. This game is really not bad. I playing in LOL by 2 years. Graphics - bad, but for me not most important. What is mostly irritating - community. Really, this game starting to be kindgarten. I am 21 years old and started to feel like another idiot playing it. Just awful flame, no matter how u or someone else playing, if u playing good - no help, if u playing in jungle - not enoughWell. This game is really not bad. I playing in LOL by 2 years. Graphics - bad, but for me not most important. What is mostly irritating - community. Really, this game starting to be kindgarten. I am 21 years old and started to feel like another idiot playing it. Just awful flame, no matter how u or someone else playing, if u playing good - no help, if u playing in jungle - not enough ganks, etc etc, just terrible to play. I playin this game less and less, cause of not fun getting from it. Expand
  45. Jul 7, 2014
    There are some key differences between LoL and Dota 2 which makes me think League of Legends is a better game (even if the developers are a bunch of massive, censorshipping, controversal cu nts) and I'll do my best to state these below.

1. The way gold is handled: a) In Dota 2, If you die with any significant amount of gold, you are guaranteed to lose at least 20-50% of it (and even all of it in some cases) on a frequent basis If you do not seemingly micromanage your shopping through a celluar phone before dying. The mechanic itself is stupid and pays no thought whether the gold being stolen is from someone that has no items at all or minimal income and relentlessly penalizes them by repeatedly taking away the little resources they have. This becomes severely painful if you play a support character since many of the items they need are quite expensive and once you die maybe 1-2 times with 500-1000+ gold, you're majorly crippled for the rest of the entire game. LoL has none of this and you keep every penny even If you die repeatedly as the one who kills you gets a simple bounty.

b) In Dota 2, there are unwritten rules that It is mandatory for any support character to constantly empty their pockets in order to buy things such as couriers, wards, dust of disapperance/decept and sometimes even excessive tango (healing items). Sure, this makes sense as they do not have the biggest emergency to aquire items. Then.. Having the duty to buy these things and almost never be able to last-hit creeps/NPC's would be a fair point to make the assumption that support characters would have some additional support of income, no? Wrong. Dota 2 spits in the face of anyone who wants to play support by giving them the slowest possible income of any heroes and stomping them into the ground whenever they die, taking all the little gold they have. It's utterly moronic and creates nothing but conflicts in the form of certain support characters wanting a few dibs on last-hitting enemy heroes for quick cash or just trying to farm creeps by themselves. LoL balances this out significantly by allowing support characters to buy certain items that grants them extra gold whenever they're close to a mob dying that they did not kill. While the ones killing do get more gold, It is the best step possible to balancing things for people that want to play a supporting role while also giving everyone in-game free items that create wards, meaning less mandatory cash spending If you support.

c) In Dota 2, you can buy items at any time and anywhere during the battle and have your purchases delivered to you by a courier. Getting the courier to begin with for gold creates an unnecessary cash-pool for supports to throw money into, renders most stuff like boots of travel extremely undesireable (except for moronic be-everywhere-at-once tactics for certain heroes) and leaves every visit one takes to the town fountain to be due to surviving with 1 hp left from a battle. This mechanic also causes imbalance in the game itself by making strong recovery items be insanely valuable, especially the Heart of Tarrasque which boasts a whopping 80% winrate to whomever manages to purchase it as seen on the multi-million statistical website, Dotabuff. And even with that, you have to consider the dozens of new player who buy wrong items for wrong heroes or just people trolling & feeding and causing intentional losses. It's true stat could easily be 85-90% winrate.

2. Matchmaking: I'll be blunt. The match-making in Dota 2 does simply NOT WORK. For ANYONE. It more than frequently matches up complete beginners with people boasting 300-2000+ hours into the game and often slaps up groups with people up against soloers. This used to be somewhat bearable as there was an option before the "Give Diretide" incident to disable all grouping in the settings but now It's been removed as the MM is still horribly broken and ontop of that, also very uncustomizeable. While LoL is of course not without fault, It has a much, MUCH more stable MM where the only times you'll meet elites is when you partner up with one.

3. Balance/Gameplay: The devs in Dota 2 has repeatedly shown their complete and utter incompetence in all matter of balance, be it not properly using their public testing servers or just not giving a damn about facerolling heroes such as Mirana, Drow Ranger, Death Prophet, Pudge, etc whereas LoL has huge tendencies to have gigantic flip-overs in games where one team will immensively be winning (due to some rather seemingly overpowered early-on heroes) just to be overwhelmed later in in the game since LoL allows everyone to really flesh their builds out thanks to no gold loss on death. I've personally lost count on how many times my team wanted to surrender, played 15-30 more minutes and ended up winning by a mile thanks to teamwork and coordination from being repeatedly defeated. LoL also boasts a MUCH better response time in moves.

Character limit, But TL:DR = LoL is best.
  46. Aug 11, 2014
    Constantly being developed, balanced and are very dedicated to their community, this game is not for those who are rubbish, it takes lots of time to adjust to. REMEMBER DO NOT RATE THE GAME BASED ON IT'S HORRIBLE TOXIC COMMUNITY IN LOWER LEVELS, THAT IS NOT LEAGUES FAULT!
  47. Sep 4, 2014
    I may sound like a fanboy, but all the haters have no idea what they are saying.

"Fix EUW! Fix EUW! Fix EUW!" Shut up. The servers are down like 3 times a year, for maybe an hour. atleast for me. "The Game lags too much! Riot cant fix their servers! It's not lagging for me. You probably just play on a Toaster. "This is a P2W!" How? No champion gives you an advantage to the

"Fix EUW! Fix EUW! Fix EUW!"

"The Game lags too much! Riot cant fix their servers!
    It's not lagging for me. You probably just play on a Toaster.

"This is a P2W!"
    How? No champion gives you an advantage to the other Players. No champion is stronger than any other. It's how you play them. It's not a P2W, you're just bad.

"The Community is Horrible!"
    I agree with this point. Yes the community IS horrible, but, tell me ONE online game with a nice community. Thats right. There is no online game with a nice community.

Of course, League is not Perfect, there are Points of it that I hate. But if you hate LoL, don't bring up wrong **** Just shut up and play a different MOBA.
  48. Sep 9, 2014
    League of Legends has been the most popular MOBA game for the past four or five years. I don't really need to praise it.
    It does have some issues. The main one being that new players don't have access to a large champion pool or runes that veterans might have.
  49. Feb 20, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. DRuins here with hopefully an insightful review. League of Legends as we all know exploded onto the RTSMOBA scene in 2009 however I have to say I only played one game before I was completely turned off on the game once I realized there was no denying creeps. Having said that I decided to give the game another go and try to keep my own self prejudices aside. So here is what I have learned and have judged.

League of Legends is an RTSMOBA based off the massive breakout of DoTA Allstars a mod in Warcraft: ROC and TFT. Myself have been a fan of this game since it's original start in Starcraft as Aeon of Strife. I went into this MOBA expecting them to follow the same format but with Riot Games own sort of flare. However I was surprised to find that they deviated away from the original source material by a long ways. I found that there was no longer any traditional lane control by denying your own creeps to prevent xp/gold gain to your lane opponents and there was this "pokemon" style brush where you or your enemies would disappear in as soon as stepping into it.

Instead of following the original material they took an interesting spin on things. They added additional sheets of runes and etc to enhance your champion in game. You can place runes to increase your champions Ability Power, Defense, Magical Defense and Attack Power. Granted never having experienced this before with any other MOBA of it's kind I found this both to be an added aspect to the game both good and bad. Good being it immerses you deeper into the role you are trying to or have mastered and bad in the sense it gives a veteran player an upper edge to let's say one who has not had that many games in.

In addition to the runes they also as previously mentioned taken away denying of your own creeps. I have to say that I absolutely hated this part of the game given it left me feeling no sense of lane control. No matter what I did I could no stop my opponent from gaining experience. Unless I was to just go complete "Rambo" and push him out of lane expending both health and mana to do it. I have to say this aspect of the game to me took so much skill out of it that I almost felt as though this was a casual version of my beloved DoTA.

Other changes included would be the "secondary spells" as well as the free "tp" back to base. These additional spells could be 2 of several ones. To include health, mana, blink, slow and etc. I have to say I actually enjoyed playing around with the combinations to see which suited the champion I was playing. The free "TP" back to base put me off a bit. It eliminated the need for buying teleport scrolls which again makes it a bit casual.

A big change also came in the form of no gold loss upon death. This however nice it may be really left me feeling no punishment for messing up and dying. Really didn't push me to try harder given I lost nothing for it. Yet another casual feel to an already casually feeling game.

A light however at the end of the tunnel. With LoLs immense champion pool and seemingly endless combinations and variations you are constantly striving for the best team make up and strategy which I have to say is awesome. Combined with LoLs humongous active player base you are never left sitting in Que for an eternity and with no stat recordings one or two bad games don't leave a red mark on your ledger LoL can be a nice break from the normal hardcore gaming.

"THE VERDICT" LoL is true to be a much more casual game compared to it's rivals DOTA 2 and Heroes of Newerth but I believe that to be both a good and bad thing and not just bad. With it's more casual gameplay you find yourself not getting so upset by a death or defeat and can ultimately enjoy the game more. However I have to say that if you are looking for a more skill based game and you enjoy the raging DOTA 2 and HoN might cleanse your pallet more, but if you are one of the many who just enjoys playing a game or two simply because it is a game then LoL is definitely the choice for you.

So given it's casual style compared to it's predecessor DoTA Allstars and not holding true to the skill based performance. Including it's variety of champions, spells, runes and etc. I have to give LoL a well deserved 6/10.
  50. Mar 16, 2015
    League of Legends
    League of Legends
    League of Legends is a videogame played on the PC, it is a part of a genre of games called MOBAs (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena). It is popularly known as LoL and it currently holds the title of most widely played video game in the world. It has over twenty seven million active players daily. It is so large that it has even spawned its own slang vocabulary that every player understands. What would compel such a large amount of people to log in and play the same game every day? The answer lies in its simple yet deceptively complex structure of play. One can compare it to a team oriented version of chess. The old saying rings true, easy to learn hard to master.
    The basic concept of the game revolves around ten players divided into two teams of five players each. These two teams engage in a battle to destroy their opponent’s base, referred to as the “Nexus”. The path to said Nexus is defended by magical towers that will try stop you. In order to overcome this your team must work together with their selected characters, called “Champions” in-game to eventually overcome the enemy team and destroy their Nexus. In order to defend itself, each base will automatically send a number of soldiers into battle, these soldiers are referred to as “creeps”. When creeps are killed, champions are awarded with gold and experience. These are two very important resources.
    Gold allows your champion to buy items such as swords, shields and magical potions. Experience on the other hand allows you to “level up” your character which makes him or her stronger and unlocks access to new abilities.
    The main way to play is the multiplayer mode against other people, but there is also a singleplayer mode where you play against the computer’s artificial intelligence. Overall the real excitement comes from besting your human opponents on the battlefield. Before getting into a real battle against other players the game offers a tutorial that focuses on teaching new players the basics which we have already covered. It’s essential to learn these concepts and more before engaging human opponents in the arena.
    The arena in question is called the Summoner’s Rift, it is the main map where the battle takes place. An average battle will run anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes, the perfect length to have a good time with friends and possibly play another, without taking up your entire day. While in a match there are no breaks or pauses so one needs to pay attention for the duration of the match. The only down time provided to you, occurs when your character dies. At that point you are no longer in control and need to wait for a certain amount of time before being allowed to enter the arena again.
    In a typical match you will find a wide variety of champions that all have strengths and weaknesses. One such champion is Fizz, a powerful fish that uses his trident to quickly strike and dash away from a fight. The key to gathering gold and experience lies in killing creeps and enemy champions, while preventing your own champion from dying. A champion is only as strong as the amount of gold and experience he’s managed to collect. This is where League of Legends thrives, the careful balance between player skill and mechanics. Eventually by playing different champions one will learn how to counter and predict enemy map movements.
    League of Legends is what is called a “free to play game” meaning the upfront cost to enjoy it is nothing, however some parts of the game are restricted until you pay, for instance there are 123 champions in the game but you do not have access to all of them for free. They use a rotation system of 10 selected champions offered for free each week allowing you to try them out before making a purchase. If you fall in love with any of them you can turn your real money into what is called “Riot points” (Riot is the name of the developer). If however you wish to acquire a champion without spending actual money, you have the option of only playing the freely available champions while earning “influence points” for each match. Eventually you will gather enough influence points to trade them for champions. After a few hundred matches it is easy to fall into the temptation and open up your wallet to buy Riot points to speed up the process, after all Riot has to get their money from somewhere, especially since they are advertising it as a free game.
    The developer knows a lot about what makes a team oriented game tick. After your first few matches you learn that communication is key. Riot provide an in-game chat for typing out your strategies, but as it can be hard to type in the heat of battle they have also included a set of warning commands that will visually display icons on the map, this way your team can communicate quickly and efficiently as they seek to take objectives. Alternatively you can use a third party voice chat program like Skype. However most players rely on the in-game chat system.
    The visuals of the game are very cartoonish at first glance, this allows the game to run well on less powerful computers which is another reason why so many people play it. Light hearted actions such as visual gags and special dance moves that can be executed mid game highlight the emphasis on friendly fun, yet a highly competitive environment lies beneath the surface.
    As far as stability is concerned, sometimes players will experience delays as they wait to log in to a match, other times they will encounter visual bugs. Overall Riot spend a great deal of time ensuring that their game operates as it should, with little to no down time. Time is money after all!
    League of Legends is not hard to get into, but quite challenging to master. Updates and patches keep the game well balanced, boosting or toning down the power of various items and champions. Sometimes an update will bring a surprise twist to the game mode, slightly changing the game mechanics or introduce a new champion or changes to the map. In this sense the game is constantly evolving and improving.
    As an example, my favorite alteration to the game mechanics was a mode called “Hexakill”: It allows six instead of the standard five champions per team, leading to some chaotic battles. The mode was so successful Riot extended its duration for an additional two weeks. As in the normal mode, the main objective is to destroy the enemy nexus, but now you had the possibility of scoring a hexakill. Getting multiple kills in this game is one of the most gratifying feelings, the game has something like a sports announcer that will yell things such as “GOD LIKE!” when you slaughter your foes in battle.
    While League of Legends could be considered repetitive in that you always have the same objective and always play on the same map, the variety lies in the champion combinations, their items, and the varied skill level of your opponents. It is a very deep and rewarding game of higher strategy typical of the MOBA genre. No match ever plays out the same way, especially if you are playing with friends. The joy comes from mastering your champions, constantly learning new tactics and honing your skills. Most importantly you need to maintain a positive attitude and play as a team to emerge victorious. You will not win every match, but hopefully you will learn something valuable with each loss. Ultimately I feel League of Legends is a great example of a video game that offers countless hours of entertainment and the possibility of socializing with other people from all over the world, showcasing the best of what gaming and global connectivity can be. In closing, I have finally found a game that I love to hate, it can be a massive time sink, but in the end I am happy to have wasted both time and money on this great MOBA.
  51. Mar 17, 2014
    I love League of Legends and have been playing it since S2. S3 was the best for me because I was doing great and the best thing about S3 is no lag or random crashes or dcs. I am SO irritated by losing my promos and LP while in champ select by dcing or crashing. I don't know why you guys are using the DDoSers as an excuse to all this. What does crashing have anything to do with this?? Also,I love League of Legends and have been playing it since S2. S3 was the best for me because I was doing great and the best thing about S3 is no lag or random crashes or dcs. I am SO irritated by losing my promos and LP while in champ select by dcing or crashing. I don't know why you guys are using the DDoSers as an excuse to all this. What does crashing have anything to do with this?? Also, why don't you shove the millions you make from us and change your stupid ISP to another company instead of "saving money"? I've had enough of your **** and I'm currently transitioning to HoN and maybe even Dota 2. In only a few days my K:D for fizz dropped from 12:4 to 10.7:4 because I keep disconnecting. Fix your **** Expand
  52. Feb 4, 2014
    Many bugs , Server unstable , Horrible community ,... Only good to have fun with friends other wise forget it ! Then it is a copy of dota where Riot added a way to make money : Lock champions which i stupid but well...At least the game is not balanced at all, you will understand if you play against a Katarina ....
  53. Nov 14, 2013
    Buy to play game, don't be fooled by giant false advertising logo of free to play. This game is like a trial game. The game offers you samples every week, you cannot play other heroes unless you buy them or spend hundreds of hours (days) grinding to earn points to get a hero, OH WAIT, you need to spend those points to buy runes to upgrade your heroes abilities or you will not be able toBuy to play game, don't be fooled by giant false advertising logo of free to play. This game is like a trial game. The game offers you samples every week, you cannot play other heroes unless you buy them or spend hundreds of hours (days) grinding to earn points to get a hero, OH WAIT, you need to spend those points to buy runes to upgrade your heroes abilities or you will not be able to contest other people who can BUY heroes. Also, the community is full of flaming retarded kids, there's no escape, there are too many of them. Expand
  54. Jul 20, 2013
    Fun and decent game overall, although it is plagued with poor balancing, graphics, and toxic community.
    The League client is also extremely buggy and unresponsive. Overall doesn't feel like a high budget game.
  55. Nov 11, 2013
    Horrible balance, slow developers, unfocused updates. Riot dedicates too much time into creating champions and skins to sell instead of balancing the heroes they have.

When champions have to be individually purchased how can the game be balanced? The playing field isn't level unless you want to drop a few hundred dollars or you play for 2-3 years straight to earn all of them.

Whenever Riot releases a new champion it now costs even more regular IP to purchase, promoting the use of dollar purchase. How can a game be balanced when the business model is to make appealing champions for purchase? Of course these new heroes will be unbalanced!

This is a small fraction of the problem, others include: community, matchmaking, terrible client, server latency, trolls, abusable report system, surrender option that ruins attitude of players, EXPENSIVE champions, balance issues, outdated graphics, boring champions (abilities are VERY repetitive and generic), AND WORST OF ALL they have ruined the genre with masteries/runes/and "summoner spells" that give players a free escape 1 ability on a long cooldown.
  56. Feb 16, 2014
    I have been playing this game for nearly 3 years now, and I have to say that I don't like the state that the game is currently in and the way it is going. LoL had its best times in season 2, but since then continually got worse. I was deep into the pro scene and ranked at high platinum, so I do have some insight into the game.
    First off, this game is rather easy to get into if you compare
    First off, this game is rather easy to get into if you compare it with other MOBA's. The reason why most MOBA players consider LoL rather "easy" is because the gameplay is very straightforward. It removed things like denying (killing your own creeps), destructible environment (trees), different shops etc. compared to its spiritual ancestor "DotA". Which is not a bad thing at first. The problem however is, that the developers removed every other demanding tactical element of the game one after one:
    -New champions and reworked older champions become one trick ponys; almost no champion allows different playstyles anymore because there is one way of building/playing him that makes all alternatives pointless. Players call this "meta" and Riot (the developers) more and more enforce said meta, which I consider a bad thing, since it strongly limits your playstyle, forcing you into roles, itembuilds, etc.
    -The itempool is extremely limited at the moment. Compared to DotA, the items in LoL lack some form of uniqueness. Over the past seasons, the developers continually removed items that were out of line or too weak. Newer items were useless in most cases. There are items that simply do nearly the same thing, with one item being superior however. There are items that just fit certain roles and types of champions too perfectly. All this leads to a poor diversity in itembuilds: You will see ADC's build the same items in 9/10 cases, you will see midlaners build one of two itemcombos 10/10, you will see toplaners get the same 2 items in 9/10 cases. Junglers and supports get enforced on specific "support" and "jungle" items, as even the developers call them. And at least 30% of the items you will almost never see built by any semi-experienced player.
    This combined leads to overall very thin item diversity between all players that played enough games to understand at least a bit of the meta, and increasingly thin champion diversity the higher the level of play is. As an example, within a typical week of LCS, the eSports league of the game, you will see (from a pool of 120 champions) around 60-70 of them being not picked at all, 30-40 of them being picked 1 or 2 times, and around 20 being picked or banned almost every game. This differs between roles aswell, midlane and jungle have the most "viable" champs, while there are at the moment only 3-4 viable toplaners and marksmen. This is because of serious issues in balancing. The game designers fail at balancing at a reasonable level, which is why you will see certain champions being catapulted up and down in strength on every patch, which happens way too often. Why spend money on a skin for a certain champion when he can become completely unviable or reworked within the next month?
    Also, the developers flattened out the champion power overall compared to "DotA". You wont see any gamebreaking abilites, extreme manacosts or 1vs5 hypercarrys when extremely fed. This is at first not a bad thing, as it leads to a higher need for teamwork, but it also has disadvantages: The game is sometimes too forgiving, and a vast portion of tactic in laning phase is removed, often reducing it to pure mechanical skill. Especially the current meta in pro play is extremely boring, super safe lanes that do nothing but farming gold from minion kills until the 20 min mark, and then the game breaking down in 2 or 3 importan teamfights. (for example the developers made it unworth to get objectives (epic monsters and towers) in early game, even when most of the community and pro players told them it was a bad idea)
    All this champion and item problems lead to the developers only being able to balance the game by numbers, which often results in said meta enforcing and poor diversity.
    Other aspects of the game:

+ paying model is fair and functional
    + runes add to strategy and diversity
    + the eSports scene is big and accesible
    + the game is especially fun with friends and has some different gamemodes for casual players
    +/- graphics look more and more stale, being mostly unupdated since 3 years, but the game runs very smooth as a result
    - the community is at least 50% immature flamers that all want you to get cancer on doing a mistake, report you if you play bad and all did your mom
    - the developers dont really care about the community, especially on the EUW shard. The forum has almost no developer communication at all.
    - the servers have frequent problems
    - more and more players consider the game to be on a downhill trend, also some retired pro players
    - event content is more and more often effortless
    - the banning system is poorly functional
    - the air client is outdated and unstable
  57. Jul 21, 2013
    This game is the best game ever. 15 year old graphics with cartoon characters that all have same abilities and are released more often than CoD map packs. Also, the rune system is amazing, I mean who wouldn't want to customize their Champion in any way they want, while it falls in the only 1 set role it can possibly have. This game has an amazing community, people never yell at you whileThis game is the best game ever. 15 year old graphics with cartoon characters that all have same abilities and are released more often than CoD map packs. Also, the rune system is amazing, I mean who wouldn't want to customize their Champion in any way they want, while it falls in the only 1 set role it can possibly have. This game has an amazing community, people never yell at you while they allow you to pick any champion you want despite it being picked 3 times already on the team. Champion design is amazing as well, I like how well developed female chars are and how deep their personality is. All in all, best game ever without any doubt. Expand
  58. Mar 29, 2014
    So to start off, I've played this game for well over 2 years, maybe even 3. 2 years ago, I tried this game because I had a friend who's been playing since closed beta, and raved about it saying how awesome it was.

I started playing, and yeah, it was okay. I got better, and had some fun because I had friends to play with, but once I started doing solo matchmaking, the game started to show it's true colors. Riot has to be by far the worst company in terms of game development that I have ever seen people take seriously. I got a DotA 2 beta key, saw what a real free to play game is, and going back to LoL to try and have fun like I did back then is near impossible. Just to list some of the reasons:
    [1]Riot's paywall: every character in the game costs a large amount of in-game currency, or about $10 in real money
    [2]Balance: it's non-existent. I see the same set of champions every match, not because people have fun playing them, but they're the easiest to stomp the enemy team with. Every major patch changes the balance, and Riot always has at least 1 champion that's not played very often, made overpowered so that people will buy them with real money.
    [3]Bugs: they're everywhere, the biggest LoL tournament in the world had a champion banned from being played because they found a game-breaking bug on him (Aatrox)
    [4]Bandwidth use: it uses Pando Media Booster, which is basically a torrent application that runs in the background. It eats up bandwidth like a starving rodent, and it has to be uninstalled or it will always run without you knowing.
    [5]It uses adobe air: That's right, the client runs adobe air. It's 2014, and a platform that should have died almost a decade ago is still used by these people. It looks bad, it runs slow, and it's some minor bugs that are still quite annoying.
    [6]EXTREMELY limited game engine: if you've ever played an RTS, or DotA, you'll notice some of these issues right away. You can only move your hero, and no creeps or pets have abilities that are castable. And the game has no pause function, or voice chat system, which are really importand for communication and waiting for someone to reconnect (their servers have connection issues, and they blame them on Comcast for the American ones regularly)

These are problems with the actual game, I'm not even going to bother with talking about the community, or Riot's dealings with people in the past because that's not really related to how the game plays, mechanics wise. Avoid this game like the plague if you're looking for something that has anything good to speak of.
  59. Apr 28, 2014
    Overall "positive" remarkable gaming experience like no other. Worst gaming community. Worst publishers. You lose for the most stupidest reasons. You win because they **** their pants. You start right off the bat with the intensifying games. Addicting as **** you can go ahead and waste your time drastically compared to other games as I did. These factors cause you to throw your life away.Overall "positive" remarkable gaming experience like no other. Worst gaming community. Worst publishers. You lose for the most stupidest reasons. You win because they **** their pants. You start right off the bat with the intensifying games. Addicting as **** you can go ahead and waste your time drastically compared to other games as I did. These factors cause you to throw your life away. If there were pills designed to end the League of Legends addiction, I would take as much as possible. 3 months isn't enough to get it out of your system. This pain in the ass takes years. Expand
  60. Jun 8, 2014
    After playing this game since the end of Season 2 and all the way till the summer of Season 4. I have not found a more stressful and toxic game in my life and on top of that the game's servers lag all the time. You're better off staying away from this growing fad called MOBA games. If you really have to play a moba play Dota 2 at least they know how to manage and run a game.
  61. Dec 9, 2013
    Not sure I understand the appeal of this game, aside from being free (well, mostly).

At first, it seemed really fun. Hundreds of champions to experiment with? Awesome! Strategic multiplayer battles? Fun! Then I realized after playing for a while that all of the champions were pretty much the same damn thing with different colored lights coming out of their hands/swords/guns/etc. The

Then I realized after playing for a while that all of the champions were pretty much the same damn thing with different colored lights coming out of their hands/swords/guns/etc. The only real difference is that some are stronger/weaker than others, so they're imbalanced, which shouldn't be the case in a game such as this.

Also, the same two maps over and over again? Grinding the same map(s), with similar characters, over and over again, for weeks, in order to level up, in order to do the same thing again, endlessly, all with a bunch of whiny, immature brats? HOW can anyone play this game for more than a few weeks? *Boggle*
  62. Nov 9, 2013
    basically a game ,bad game play,bad graphcis ,evil developers ,and a comunity full of 12 age kids ,its a game pay2win because you must use money to get the good heroes
  63. Aug 15, 2013
    Not a bad game, though unlocking the characters can take some time if you aren't willing to shell out some cash. However if you're new to MOBAs, this may be a good game to pick up as it does a good job in teaching you the basics... as well as what to expect from the players. Always keep in mind is that no game is free of jerks and MOBAs require a bit of practice.

I will admit though...

I will admit though... I prefer DotA 2 over LoL.
  64. Mar 1, 2014
    They have the worst matchmaking. I can't believe any company would do such a big mistake to allow duo q option into a solo competitive mode. I'm talking about their ranked matchmaking. It sucks so much when you see high elo people carrying low elo friends through duo q.. ruining the fun for everyone.
  65. Jul 30, 2013
    I've have been playing this game quite a while and I've read most of the reviews saying this game is "pay to win" well its not, its true that the community HAS flamers and ragers that make the game not enjoyable but those people saying that the Dota community is much better I played both games in the past and they are the same there will always be those guys that make you feel bad andI've have been playing this game quite a while and I've read most of the reviews saying this game is "pay to win" well its not, its true that the community HAS flamers and ragers that make the game not enjoyable but those people saying that the Dota community is much better I played both games in the past and they are the same there will always be those guys that make you feel bad and cause you to lose games, now to the champions most people think that champions such as Tryndamere, vayne, mordekaiser, or the new "OP" champ aatrox will never be beaten or countered but its not true each champion has its natural counter or summoner spells such as malphite, exhaust(summoner spell) beat aatrox, anyone with a DoT beat the OP Trynd ult, another thing the game mostly consist of teamwork with different roles for the whole team and there ae plenty of strategies and for those who think it gets repetitive there are many roles to learn and some are harder than the others, and its great to play it with friends althoguth when you hit max level and you go play ranked games the ranking system sucks the elo(player skill level) is messed up and you could win 5 out of 10 games and get put in bronze 5 (worst elo) and your friend wins the same amount of games and he get put into silver 3 (5 being the lowest), if you want to try this game please do and if its not your thing just go on to another game Expand
  66. Feb 11, 2014
    I've made another review about this game (probably on page 2 by now), but I'd like to add another thing that I noticed recently. The game doesn't have a competitive ladder. You can't really call duo-queue a competitive game mode ( I know it's called solo queue, but let's be honest, there's always a duo queue in every game). There is obviously a problem when 2 friends team up and queue forI've made another review about this game (probably on page 2 by now), but I'd like to add another thing that I noticed recently. The game doesn't have a competitive ladder. You can't really call duo-queue a competitive game mode ( I know it's called solo queue, but let's be honest, there's always a duo queue in every game). There is obviously a problem when 2 friends team up and queue for ranked with Skype, while the other team just has 2 random players that just met each other in the previous game and are not willing to play in the same lane (bot usually). The first team obviously has a huge advantage.

This, plus the fact that the mmr gets really messed up when there are duo queues involved, often make games really pointless as they just turn out to be one-sided stomps. Not fun at all. Therefore I'm reducing my initial score to a 5 instead of a 6.
  67. Nov 5, 2013
    not fun at all just boring a plain copy of dota and the game has the worst community, 0/10 would not play even if I got paid too, with plenty of lag and bad graphics 0/10 would not play
  68. Nov 9, 2013
    No free heroes and not balanced at all No free heroes and not balanced at all No free heroes and not balanced at all No free heroes and not balanced at all No free heroes and not balanced at all No free heroes and not balanced at all No free heroes and not balanced at all No free heroes and not balanced at all No free heroes and not balanced at all No free heroes and not balanced at all NoNo free heroes and not balanced at all No free heroes and not balanced at all No free heroes and not balanced at all No free heroes and not balanced at all No free heroes and not balanced at all No free heroes and not balanced at all No free heroes and not balanced at all No free heroes and not balanced at all No free heroes and not balanced at all No free heroes and not balanced at all No free heroes and not balanced at all No free heroes and not balanced at all No free heroes and not balanced at all No free heroes and not balanced at all No free heroes and not balanced at all No free heroes and not balanced at all No free heroes and not balanced at all Expand
  69. Nov 7, 2013
    garbage game copied doto garbage game copied doto garbage game copied doto garbage game copied doto garbage game copied doto garbage game copied doto garbage game copied doto
  70. Nov 3, 2013
    I can't believe i've played this game. It' was awful. Gameplay imbalance, depressed graphic, easy combat and i think it is just a pile of rubbish. When you play this game you feel nothing but waste your time. Bottom line is this is just a cheap copy of DotA
  71. Nov 8, 2013
    League of Legends is unbalanced, pay-to-win game. Why unbalanced? It's easy. If u play longer you have predominance due to runes and heroes... How Riot enabled it for players? You have to play an infinite number of games to gain all champions and runes. The new league system was create for cash because users tired of the digits and it didn't bring profit. Chess (ELO) system was the best,League of Legends is unbalanced, pay-to-win game. Why unbalanced? It's easy. If u play longer you have predominance due to runes and heroes... How Riot enabled it for players? You have to play an infinite number of games to gain all champions and runes. The new league system was create for cash because users tired of the digits and it didn't bring profit. Chess (ELO) system was the best, but due to money Riot check system. This game is not for ranked games, but for fun game, because it's quite unfair if u start play against player who's get all runes for example. What more... this game doesn't require any skills and experience. Only runes get you win and common sense. Only need to use skill/spell on the weakest unit and it's gone.....So bad this game 0/10 Expand
  72. Nov 8, 2013
    Really flat game, lowskillcap as Pay 2 win, and really really unbalanced because the devs wants to sell their last released overpowered character. Servers are really bad, the game crash a lot. Have the worst toxic community of the entire gaming world.
  73. Nov 14, 2013
    I can not understand how you would want to play a game that has NO free heros, but simply has a few that rotate and you can not get your own without paying money. "free to play" my butt.
  74. Nov 11, 2013
    That was complete garbage. I downloaded after playing dota 2 for awhile and wanted to try out another one of these games, turns out you can only pick from 10 characters while others can pick from every character, that is funny. The picking stage is vital to moba games and not having every character is pointless.
  75. Nov 9, 2013
    The graphic sucks RLY hard, its imbalanced u get bashed by nearly EVERYTHING in the game, the comm is AWFUL everybody is flaming u and insulting u like little childs
  76. Nov 14, 2013
    Let me start off by saying I played this game for a long time and was in gold S2. The game was enjoyable because of who and how you played it with friends. I took a step back and looked at the actual game as if I was reviewing it without influence. It comes down to the game has really bad graphics and looks, your team forces you (or you can force your team) to go into one lane out ofLet me start off by saying I played this game for a long time and was in gold S2. The game was enjoyable because of who and how you played it with friends. I took a step back and looked at the actual game as if I was reviewing it without influence. It comes down to the game has really bad graphics and looks, your team forces you (or you can force your team) to go into one lane out of three and sit there for a while doing insignificant nothings and later on if you team feels like it you will group up and go around the map finding the enemy team. The game is geared at a very young audience (pre-teens) and is basic enough to get you little brother into video gaming. You have to buy all the characters you want to play and for most people it can be very expensive to fully enjoy what the game has to offer. The designers fail to realize that the people who express their beliefs on the forums are few and far between, the people who don't go to the forums and just keep playing the game actually have no influence on the game's development because if you like something its too bad because the developers will never know. The game its self and the community is stressful depending on your level of play may not even speak your language. If your pure goal is to find a game that is enjoyable to play day after day, this is not the game for you. Expand
  77. Dec 29, 2013
    LOL is the best MOBA I have ever played. It is very interesting with wide choice of heroes and great matchmaking. There are a few mods in the game. All of them are awesome.
    Some mods, like ARAM, brings to you a lot of fun. Playing LOL with friends is a great choice hoe to spend your free time when the weather outside is awful.
    Every month Riot Games makes new interesting champs with
    Every month Riot Games makes new interesting champs with their unique abilities. You can customize your champ with the help of a large amount of items in the shop, masteries and runes. 2 same champs can become absolutely different after putting marks, runes and buying items. Also there are 2 additional abilities, which you can choose before every game.
    Play and enjoy!
  78. Apr 3, 2014
    I have played this game for almost 2 years and I never got bored. To be serious, I once played lol for more than 10 hours in a day. I am sure that this game is way better than DOTA2. This game is way easier to play and also everyone can play.

To improve on is that, some people are disturbing the game, playing unfriendly (we call them trolls). The RIOT has to manage people, for example forbidding people playing who had played unfriendly
  79. Feb 6, 2015
    The worst multiplayer game I've ever played. Don't even waste your money buying something in their online store. This game is a business and was made to make money on stupid people be smarter. Their servers are always down or lagging, they have maintenance modes every week when ranked or normal modes disabled. This is just disgusting. If your client will stop working and you will reconnectThe worst multiplayer game I've ever played. Don't even waste your money buying something in their online store. This game is a business and was made to make money on stupid people be smarter. Their servers are always down or lagging, they have maintenance modes every week when ranked or normal modes disabled. This is just disgusting. If your client will stop working and you will reconnect after 5 minutes they will kick you automatically and you need to reconnect again! and then the next game you must wait 5 minutes to start a game. This is a business not a game. I have less pleasure playing this game and more stress. Just disgusting. Expand
  80. Aug 13, 2012
    Fun game but the community makes the experience miserable most of the time. Teammates excessively bicker and people purposely lose. Go in with a full team or expect to be frustrated.
  81. Jul 11, 2013
    League of Legends is an interesting game down on paper, with some neat concepts and re-hashed ideas.
    The first great thing about the game, is it's basic outlook but complex and indepth potential you can literally just play a champion how you want, and it can potentially work, but if you want to be the best, you can follow some really indepth guides and learn some neat tricks and tips and I think it's good for a game to have this potential. On this point, I do feel that some champions are a bit too 'cookie-cutter' and that there is only one way to build them, for example you could never take attack damage on LeBlanc. In terms of gameplay, I feel that champion/character balance is somewhat off, and the way in which Riot brings out overpowered champions just so people will buy them, is highly off putting from the start. What's more, is that as new mechanics are added to the game, and new items, we see that older champions become severely broken with bizarre builds and potential ways of playing them, or they just become outright useless (Ie. Old Karma). The game is regularly updated, but there are still several key issues that need addressing, and it seems like they are negating the quality of life changes within the game, simply to push out more 'new' profitable content. Furthermore, I feel that the games community is the worst I have ever seen, and makes the CoD community look like a bunch of flower-sniffing hippies, simply for the fact you get some really nasty abuse even before the game starts, you get people who go AFK and you get people who feed and troll and it's really an unpleasant experience.In conclusion, League of Legends is a game that really requires a lot of practice and patience, and the ability to deal with people who could be toxic follow those rules, and you will have a decent time. PS: NERF IRELIA.
  82. Jul 26, 2013
    Bad game, bad hero copy paste to this game from the original dota, no denying, no stacks on neutrals, no denying towers or allies this is just a game for kids who cant take the dota learning curve.
  83. Jul 7, 2012
    The good thing about this Defense of the Ancients based game is that it is newbie friendly compared the other DotA spin-offs. But for the "Defense of the Ancients elite" it has little to offer in terms of balance, depth and general skill. For me it's a different version of DotA, based on action and killing rather than teamwork and strategy.
  84. Nov 28, 2012
    I have a lot of questions around this game. Why people loves as much as they love this game? What´s new in this game? Why people who lost a match gets so angry in this game?
    Well, I don´t have any answer. Is a very simple game, with a few maps, with few rules. The graphics are very bad, and the goals you have to reach are all the time the same. It´s a good game to work in groups and to use your brain too, but is not interesting. The matches sometimes get too long, sometimes more than 1 hour... Nah, i can´t stand this game and I can´t stand his players that say it´s awesome. I don´t know why.
  85. Mar 24, 2014
    Just another DotA rip-off, some stuff changes but the core gameplay is still the same. The only merit of this game is it's huge playerbase; being highly casual, it's easy to start playing, which in turn attracts the masses who never played a DotA game before and don't care about the childish graphics and poor game mechanics. I must thank Riot though, for taking the children away from Dota 2.
  86. Sep 15, 2013
  87. Sep 9, 2013
    Sorry but this game is the only game in the entire world I have ever played which has constant FPS bouncing. During season 3, many people have had constant stuttering and tearing problems due to this bouncing, playing the game without Vsync is unbearable. The FPS even goes up over a cap you use (or at least appears to. And I checked it out with Dxtory so it's not the in-game FPS counter.Sorry but this game is the only game in the entire world I have ever played which has constant FPS bouncing. During season 3, many people have had constant stuttering and tearing problems due to this bouncing, playing the game without Vsync is unbearable. The FPS even goes up over a cap you use (or at least appears to. And I checked it out with Dxtory so it's not the in-game FPS counter. This issue has been experienced by both ATI and Nvidia users. So far you just have to be lucky and hope that a re-install does the trick (restart your PC to check).

And would you be surprised to know that my beta account simply did not level up, for some reason it stayed as a beta account and I was told to make a new account. A few people say "this is an old beta account, leveling it up" and some have rare beta-only skins in low level games.

The more I played this game, the less I enjoyed it because the play-style is so repetitive and gets boring. I've had to reduce my score again to a measly 1.
  88. Apr 22, 2014
    Poorly balanced, old graphics, rather boring, toxic community, and developers who don't care about the game, but rather about just making as much money as possible on it. Avoid at all costs. Play Dota 2, or any other Moba.
  89. Feb 19, 2015
    Not worthy to be called a game. Devs don't give a damn crap about the game. Instead, they put a lot of money into making music for this game so the game gets popular (Imagine Dragons). Don't excect any good patches/champions rework, since Riot never heard the word 'balance' before. Are you retarded, you have no life, and no friends? Then League of Legends is something for you. Do you likeNot worthy to be called a game. Devs don't give a damn crap about the game. Instead, they put a lot of money into making music for this game so the game gets popular (Imagine Dragons). Don't excect any good patches/champions rework, since Riot never heard the word 'balance' before. Are you retarded, you have no life, and no friends? Then League of Legends is something for you. Do you like a good community, amazing updates, and just a better experience? Play any other MOBA. Expand
  90. Nov 1, 2013
    Try something else. The champions are pretty boring and flat, as well the game itself. The community is one of the worst honestly, full of ragers and flamers everywhere.
  91. Nov 2, 2013
    Was fun within the first few games, but then it leveled out became boring so quickly. You can only use a few of the characters and they all change every week and if you want to keep using one, you got to BUY it, with either IP, awarded from playing, or using real money to buy them. To me, that is a huge turn-off, and it is definitely not "free"
  92. Nov 3, 2013
    A masterpiece of horrible graphics, server problems and a community that doesn't deserve this name at all. Flamers/hater seem to be allowed to shout out bullsh*t all the time and nobody cares...
  93. Dec 31, 2013
    Worst game EVER!
    -The community sucks, there are flamer in ever game!
    -The game is buggy, it crashes ever thrid time i try to get into a match. Seems to be an issue with win8 or something. -Its laggy! The EU West Server laggs horrible. There are days where u have to wait more than 90 minutes in the login queue -Its unballanced! Every new champ is overpowerd when its released and gets
    Worst game EVER!
    -The community sucks, there are flamer in ever game!
    -Its unballanced! Every new champ is overpowerd when its released and gets nerfed after a few days or weeks. So that everone buys him with real money
    -It kinda "pay to win" (not much, but a little bit). There are champion skins (which u need to buy with real money) that have animations on there spells which are neraly impossible to see. So an enemy cant dodge them.

Sorry for my bad english, iam not from an english speaking country.
  94. Apr 3, 2014
    Highlights:
    -expect thousands of hours of grind before you're given the same tools as other players (base stats, champion and spell selection)
    -you can "bypass" the grind with the use of a credit card -an incredible amount of daily advertisements every time you try to log in -inability to play the main game mode (ranked) before you've reached level thirty (takes approx 500 hours of
    Highlights:
    -you can "bypass" the grind with the use of a credit card
    -an incredible amount of daily advertisements every time you try to log in
    -inability to play the main game mode (ranked) before you've reached level thirty (takes approx 500 hours of grind)
    -a strictly enforced way of play; differing from it will get you banned (no refunds)
    -no single player; always on
    -the graphics were outdated when the game came out several years ago
  95. May 4, 2014
    Fun game? Yes
    Good Game? Far from it.
    First, as is often the case with F2P MOBA games, most people are snob and toxic, no one can fix it, you have to find more than 4 people who can trust and play with, if you want to ENJOY the game. Second, the balancing is horrible, I really can't believe they have a PBE server to test things, almost every new champ or item brought to live server
    Fun game? Yes
    Good Game? Far from it.

Second, the balancing is horrible, I really can't believe they have a PBE server to test things, almost every new champ or item brought to live server is broken and so game-changing.
    It seems there are no logic or principle behind their balance, just pumping out new things to keep people playing.
  96. SCV
    Mar 27, 2014
    Stupid game circles map.
    Abominable press play.
    This seems to mimic the characters somewhere.
    Riot foam company that came up overnight.
    Game industry's disaster.
  97. Apr 3, 2014
    A pay to win oriented game, as runes give so much more early game advantage, not to mention the expanded champion pool.

And plainly, the anti-competitive attitude by the developer makes me sick.
  98. Apr 21, 2014
    League of legends confused me for a while because i could not figure out why it was fun. It is really addicting and the game works pretty well multiplayer due to the small amount of players and easy spectating.
    the thing is, how do you actually get good at this game? most games it makes sense, you understand the underlying strategy and improve a few useless skills (reflexes, aim, memory). in LoL though you have to learn how to position yourself with a tiny window of view and clunky controls, memorize other champions skillset and counters, use reflexes to last hit, and multitask watching the minimap, creeps, and enemy team. its a **** of random **** the teamfights are also extremely confusing with it being almost impossible to tell what is going on until it is over. so why is it fun to play? it seems that because of the almost random mechanics caused by champion counters, snowballing, lag, random teams, and no one paying attention to itemsets, everyone can do extremely well or extremely bad, so everyone gets the chance to be a pentakilling 50/0 champ. and because of human nature people only remember how good they can be. making it fun to play for everyone, because everyone thinks they are good at it.

TL:DR: dota/LoL is gambling for retards
  99. May 7, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. back to starcraft...
    note:you either are really good or really bad. No place for diamond league starcraft 2 HOTS players...
    Don't get me wrong, I loved this game when it came out, i even quit starcraft and dropped $50 on riot points...but now they have a community so bad they need a honor system...they keep adding new champions and disregarding old ones...

I still faithfully watch all the youtube videos. they are almost as good as the Blizzard ones. Until they change the stuff back, I am leaving my level 30 account alone to gather dust.

FOR THE SWARM!!! BRING BACK BURROW CHARGE!!!! WAS AWESOME IN BETA!!!(this is starcraft)

1. Aug 5, 2013
    I find that with League of Legends, Riot has cultivated one of the most unique spaces in gaming history—mostly for good reasons but also for some awful ones, and in the gaming museum of the future, League is sure to have its own wing.
  2. Nov 15, 2011
    League of Legends handles well the worst problem DOTA has: its autistic n00b-hating elite players. Thanks to match making, now we weaklings dare to play. [Nov 2011]
  3. Feb 1, 2011
    Improvements are constantly being updated and although team mates make or break many matches, there is genuine fun to be found.