League of Legends PC

5.5

1. Sep 28, 2011
    This game have a problem, and not just one. League has great potential, some times when you play you had so much fun, that you don't mind not about lousy crashes at servers, not about huge balances issues in champions design and mode challenge, not about moron(s) with you had to play previously game, not about over priced content that offer this game. You just play and have fun, true fun.This game have a problem, and not just one. League has great potential, some times when you play you had so much fun, that you don't mind not about lousy crashes at servers, not about huge balances issues in champions design and mode challenge, not about moron(s) with you had to play previously game, not about over priced content that offer this game. You just play and have fun, true fun. But when you start new game, and all these issues comes back, and you haven't getting fun anymore you wanna stop this for god sake. Another think that developers almost every week make some change in balance, that comes in increasing and decreasing champions and items stats, some times changes is good some times it's can make your favorite champion just useless. All league players know such pains in ass who fall down so much that become just not a "good" choice to play at all. One more think is community, is not growth enough, and i mean not only by the age in my point of view, too many rage, crying, and morons you meet, some times not. I know that in almost every online game, but still. So game is worth a 10 from 10 point, but the issues of the League keep me from that score. Expand
  2. Apr 8, 2011
    League of Legends is a fairly well polished game in that it optimizes team gameplay and coordination. Every aspect of the game requires you to cooperate with your team, meaning that this game requires you to rely on your teammates, however there is enough room for individuals to "carry" their team to victories.

Many of the champions are fun to play, and have a broad range of abilities

Many of the champions are fun to play, and have a broad range of abilities and style. However, Riot spends too much time creating new characters, which are no longer as unique and are not balanced properly. There are much bigger things in the game that can be worked on besides new characters, such as balancing issues and the matchmaking system for ranked games.

Overall, this game is fun and sometimes it can be a blast, but many times the game can be flat out disappointing. Riot spends way too much time creating unnecessary characters, which are released roughly every two weeks, instead of balancing current characters. Many characters lost their uniqueness because of Riot's overwhelming creation of new champions.
  3. Jul 20, 2013
    Fun and decent game overall, although it is plagued with poor balancing, graphics, and toxic community.
    The League client is also extremely buggy and unresponsive. Overall doesn't feel like a high budget game.
  4. Aug 15, 2013
    Not a bad game, though unlocking the characters can take some time if you aren't willing to shell out some cash. However if you're new to MOBAs, this may be a good game to pick up as it does a good job in teaching you the basics... as well as what to expect from the players. Always keep in mind is that no game is free of jerks and MOBAs require a bit of practice.

I will admit though...

I will admit though... I prefer DotA 2 over LoL.
  5. Aug 13, 2014
    League of Legends-Free to play MOBA. Hundred plus champions, fun playstyle. So what's the big deal about this game? It is addictive, and it is really fun. Riot is combating toxic players, not just with the tribunal, but with (I think) new ways of matchmaking and designing things that detect a toxic player. So what's the problem if Riot is improving their game? The problem lies inLeague of Legends-Free to play MOBA. Hundred plus champions, fun playstyle. So what's the big deal about this game? It is addictive, and it is really fun. Riot is combating toxic players, not just with the tribunal, but with (I think) new ways of matchmaking and designing things that detect a toxic player. So what's the problem if Riot is improving their game? The problem lies in the community and repetitive gameplay. I rarely play on my own, because I play with my cousins, mostly.

All in all, good game, but if you want more fun, play with friends or family (cousins, brothers).
  6. Oct 21, 2014
    lots of these reviews are really old and the game doesnt seem to work well on older computers(every other game it will freeze but i can always "reconnect" to it) and it is free to play, you get new champs to try every week and you also win "IP" points every match to buy new champs with, i have been playing under 2 weeks and have unlocked 3 of the cheaper-ish champs and can use themlots of these reviews are really old and the game doesnt seem to work well on older computers(every other game it will freeze but i can always "reconnect" to it) and it is free to play, you get new champs to try every week and you also win "IP" points every match to buy new champs with, i have been playing under 2 weeks and have unlocked 3 of the cheaper-ish champs and can use them permanently and that was without spending any actual cash. this is also a really difficult game, the main point is to not die, i got my skill up by playing against bots and now i dont "feed"(die alot) to the enemy faction. really hard learning curve but i have played EVE and not gone insane so i can learn this game as well.

Main point of all of this is, the game is fun with friends, it is difficult even with friends, it is free to play. even though you will want to spend money maybe to get a certain champion faster or to buy new "skins" to make your champ look different. otherwise if you like strategy games, because it takes "strategy" and knowing the proper way to use the abilities of a certain champion. you wouldnt go using a sniper rifle for up close combat in call of duty just like you wouldnt snipe someone with a shotgun. there are certain ways to use certin characters, play it for free, rage and quit, or get better and enjoy yourself, like me currently for free.
  7. Jan 30, 2016
    League of Legends is fun, competitive, easy to learn without complex gameplay, yet rather unbalanced and relatively redundant compared to other MOBA titles.
  8. Jul 7, 2014
    There are some key differences between LoL and Dota 2 which makes me think League of Legends is a better game (even if the developers are a bunch of massive, censorshipping, controversal cu nts) and I'll do my best to state these below.

1. The way gold is handled: a) In Dota 2, If you die with any significant amount of gold, you are guaranteed to lose at least 20-50% of it (and even all of it in some cases) on a frequent basis If you do not seemingly micromanage your shopping through a celluar phone before dying. The mechanic itself is stupid and pays no thought whether the gold being stolen is from someone that has no items at all or minimal income and relentlessly penalizes them by repeatedly taking away the little resources they have. This becomes severely painful if you play a support character since many of the items they need are quite expensive and once you die maybe 1-2 times with 500-1000+ gold, you're majorly crippled for the rest of the entire game. LoL has none of this and you keep every penny even If you die repeatedly as the one who kills you gets a simple bounty.

b) In Dota 2, there are unwritten rules that It is mandatory for any support character to constantly empty their pockets in order to buy things such as couriers, wards, dust of disapperance/decept and sometimes even excessive tango (healing items). Sure, this makes sense as they do not have the biggest emergency to aquire items. Then.. Having the duty to buy these things and almost never be able to last-hit creeps/NPC's would be a fair point to make the assumption that support characters would have some additional support of income, no? Wrong. Dota 2 spits in the face of anyone who wants to play support by giving them the slowest possible income of any heroes and stomping them into the ground whenever they die, taking all the little gold they have. It's utterly moronic and creates nothing but conflicts in the form of certain support characters wanting a few dibs on last-hitting enemy heroes for quick cash or just trying to farm creeps by themselves. LoL balances this out significantly by allowing support characters to buy certain items that grants them extra gold whenever they're close to a mob dying that they did not kill. While the ones killing do get more gold, It is the best step possible to balancing things for people that want to play a supporting role while also giving everyone in-game free items that create wards, meaning less mandatory cash spending If you support.

c) In Dota 2, you can buy items at any time and anywhere during the battle and have your purchases delivered to you by a courier. Getting the courier to begin with for gold creates an unnecessary cash-pool for supports to throw money into, renders most stuff like boots of travel extremely undesireable (except for moronic be-everywhere-at-once tactics for certain heroes) and leaves every visit one takes to the town fountain to be due to surviving with 1 hp left from a battle. This mechanic also causes imbalance in the game itself by making strong recovery items be insanely valuable, especially the Heart of Tarrasque which boasts a whopping 80% winrate to whomever manages to purchase it as seen on the multi-million statistical website, Dotabuff. And even with that, you have to consider the dozens of new player who buy wrong items for wrong heroes or just people trolling & feeding and causing intentional losses. It's true stat could easily be 85-90% winrate.

2. Matchmaking: I'll be blunt. The match-making in Dota 2 does simply NOT WORK. For ANYONE. It more than frequently matches up complete beginners with people boasting 300-2000+ hours into the game and often slaps up groups with people up against soloers. This used to be somewhat bearable as there was an option before the "Give Diretide" incident to disable all grouping in the settings but now It's been removed as the MM is still horribly broken and ontop of that, also very uncustomizeable. While LoL is of course not without fault, It has a much, MUCH more stable MM where the only times you'll meet elites is when you partner up with one.

3. Balance/Gameplay: The devs in Dota 2 has repeatedly shown their complete and utter incompetence in all matter of balance, be it not properly using their public testing servers or just not giving a damn about facerolling heroes such as Mirana, Drow Ranger, Death Prophet, Pudge, etc whereas LoL has huge tendencies to have gigantic flip-overs in games where one team will immensively be winning (due to some rather seemingly overpowered early-on heroes) just to be overwhelmed later in in the game since LoL allows everyone to really flesh their builds out thanks to no gold loss on death. I've personally lost count on how many times my team wanted to surrender, played 15-30 more minutes and ended up winning by a mile thanks to teamwork and coordination from being repeatedly defeated. LoL also boasts a MUCH better response time in moves.

Character limit, But TL:DR = LoL is best.
  9. Aug 13, 2012
    Fun game but the community makes the experience miserable most of the time. Teammates excessively bicker and people purposely lose. Go in with a full team or expect to be frustrated.
  10. Jul 11, 2013
    League of Legends is an interesting game down on paper, with some neat concepts and re-hashed ideas.
    The first great thing about the game, is it's basic outlook but complex and indepth potential you can literally just play a champion how you want, and it can potentially work, but if you want to be the best, you can follow some really indepth guides and learn some neat tricks and tips and I think it's good for a game to have this potential. On this point, I do feel that some champions are a bit too 'cookie-cutter' and that there is only one way to build them, for example you could never take attack damage on LeBlanc. In terms of gameplay, I feel that champion/character balance is somewhat off, and the way in which Riot brings out overpowered champions just so people will buy them, is highly off putting from the start. What's more, is that as new mechanics are added to the game, and new items, we see that older champions become severely broken with bizarre builds and potential ways of playing them, or they just become outright useless (Ie. Old Karma). The game is regularly updated, but there are still several key issues that need addressing, and it seems like they are negating the quality of life changes within the game, simply to push out more 'new' profitable content. Furthermore, I feel that the games community is the worst I have ever seen, and makes the CoD community look like a bunch of flower-sniffing hippies, simply for the fact you get some really nasty abuse even before the game starts, you get people who go AFK and you get people who feed and troll and it's really an unpleasant experience.In conclusion, League of Legends is a game that really requires a lot of practice and patience, and the ability to deal with people who could be toxic follow those rules, and you will have a decent time. PS: NERF IRELIA.
  11. Jul 7, 2012
    The good thing about this Defense of the Ancients based game is that it is newbie friendly compared the other DotA spin-offs. But for the "Defense of the Ancients elite" it has little to offer in terms of balance, depth and general skill. For me it's a different version of DotA, based on action and killing rather than teamwork and strategy.
  12. May 27, 2014
    As someone who has played both League of Legends and Dota 2, I can say that of the two I would prefer to play Dota. Now, that does not mean that LoL is a bad game, it just means that I think that Dota mechanics make more sense.

League offers a larger community of players with a gameplay based almost entirely on items. Abilities of the player are made stronger only through the items that are bought and hardly at all through leveling. The rune system is pretty much pointless until the player reaches level 20 and can purchase the Tier 3s, but even then they will have played against people with an advantage due to their runes and masteries. Plus the player has to either earn enough IP to unlock champions or purchase RP to unlock them.

In Dota, all of the champs come free to play, and the only items that the player purchases with real money are character sets. In game the character scales based off of leveling. Also, something that League has just gotten around to adding; Dota has had an in-game voice chat since the release and if someone is being toxic there is a mute button for chat and in-game text chat. There are no runes or masteries that give seasoned players any advantage over newcomers, and the game is based more on skill than it is dependent on runes and masteries.

Overall, League has a larger player base, but Dota has superior gameplay opportunity.
  13. Feb 2, 2013
    This game is pretty good, but there are many negative sides in it for me. For example most characters aren't well balanced. For example ranged characters are almost as strong as melee ones in damage which is pretty annoying already in the beginning. The price of the characters not even resembles their effectiveness, and I bet that's what most would think at first. Gold farming can be quietThis game is pretty good, but there are many negative sides in it for me. For example most characters aren't well balanced. For example ranged characters are almost as strong as melee ones in damage which is pretty annoying already in the beginning. The price of the characters not even resembles their effectiveness, and I bet that's what most would think at first. Gold farming can be quiet annoying because the last hitter gets the most gold and kill as well, and these just makes everyone steal the kills which just makes people hate each other in the game. Aside from these the game requires quiet a lot of teamwork and even if only one person is not cooperating the game is most likely lost. Now the good side of the game is there's a function to play with bots (And it's pretty well made up) which can be played with only bots (Beginner only) or with people (Beginner and intermediate). There are runes in the game which seems useless at first look, but they can be quiet a big difference maker in early game (But this most likely happens only after level 20, when you can buy the best runes). They boost your champion's stats and you can purchase more of these while you level up. There are also masteries which boosts your stats as well, but not as much as the runes. The other good thing I found in this game is that you can buy all the champions without giving a cent into the game. The only things that cost real-life money is skins, IP/EXP boosts and such. So I would rate this game 5/10. Expand
  14. Apr 7, 2012
    League of Legends is a game that has been created from Riot Games, who were a part of the developers of DotA.
    With an easier concept and more rookie friendly elements, they started League of Legends.
    Once you started you cannot stop playing it. I cannot tell exactly what it is that keeps me playing it, maybe this: -A Lot of players -The Community is great (regular patches, new content,
    Once you started you cannot stop playing it.
    I cannot tell exactly what it is that keeps me playing it, maybe this:
    -A Lot of players
    -The Community is great (regular patches, new content, events, tournaments).
    -Very good f2p pay system(everything that has influence in a match is buyable with ingame cash)
    -Price of a champion is independend on their power. Every champ has their up and downs.
    Well here come the down sites:
    -Graphics are too comic like. At this point I prefer the current DotA 2
    -A LOOOOOT of flaming kiddies (like in CoD) that will desttroy your fan at the game.
    -Many experienced players create new accounts for 'pwning noobs' which makes it a little bit hard for newcomers to get into the game.
    -Bad reconnect system (if you have a broken connection like me)
    -Too many changes in a short period(in the last 6 months almost every champion/item/mode has been changed) which also makes unbalance the game even more.
    -Elo system for ranked matches in the leaderboard system (you are a good player and always get bad teams....then you are stuck in elo hell like me)
    So overall i really like this game and play it a lot.
    It qualities are not visible in the first view.
    You should at least try it for some matches out because its a free 2 play title.
  15. MartijnS
    Jan 20, 2010
    This game is enjoyable, but as it stands now I will not buy it as a retail product, because one map simply isn't enough, the "worldmap" of the realm where League of Legends takes place has ~13 maps, yet there's only one available. I will stay with the free version for now. The artstyle/graphics is something you can compare to Warcraft and the likes with a little bit of This game is enjoyable, but as it stands now I will not buy it as a retail product, because one map simply isn't enough, the "worldmap" of the realm where League of Legends takes place has ~13 maps, yet there's only one available. I will stay with the free version for now. The artstyle/graphics is something you can compare to Warcraft and the likes with a little bit of cellshade, it should run on most computers quite properly with only a little bit of slowdown when there are *lots* of mobs* (which only tends to happen near the end of a match, at that point you're either winning or losing). Presentationwise this game delivers solid for a title that's free. That aside: The gameplay is amazingly fun and the differences between the champions are something you need to explore before getting really good in the game. Do not be mistaken by it being your average RTS, as Riot calls it, it's a MOBA, a hybrid between RTS and RPG, if that still doesn't ring a bell, compare it to a little WC3 mod called DOTA. It's a rough diamond, one that has potential in my opinion. Expand
  16. Aug 25, 2012
    League of Legends, one of the "succesors" of the original DotA map for Warcraft 3. Let's start with the good parts. It's a fun game, it's free to play and it's very customizable. There are many different runes and masteries that you can use to make all kinds of builds for your champions. The graphics are pretty good and have a cartoony aesthetic to them. However it's horribly imbalanced,League of Legends, one of the "succesors" of the original DotA map for Warcraft 3. Let's start with the good parts. It's a fun game, it's free to play and it's very customizable. There are many different runes and masteries that you can use to make all kinds of builds for your champions. The graphics are pretty good and have a cartoony aesthetic to them. However it's horribly imbalanced, some heroes being clearly better than others and it requires lots of grinding for IP/XP until you can get into the real core of the game, ranked games. In normal games you will most likely get a leaver/afk-er every few matches, making the game a complete waste of time as you can rarely win a 4v5 game. The community is horrible, full of elitist pricks that will swear and insult you for the smallest mistakes. Expand
  17. Jun 18, 2013
    First off I would like to say I am not a fan of Dota or Dota 2. So this review will be free of bias. Now let's get started. At first the game is a blast and holds so much fun. But it loses appeal far too quickly, there is so little to this game. You get a certain amount of champions every week and there almost always the same. Further more the only way to unlock those champions is byFirst off I would like to say I am not a fan of Dota or Dota 2. So this review will be free of bias. Now let's get started. At first the game is a blast and holds so much fun. But it loses appeal far too quickly, there is so little to this game. You get a certain amount of champions every week and there almost always the same. Further more the only way to unlock those champions is by buying them with either Riot Points or Influence Points. Riot Points cost REAL money and are rather expensive. It take like 10 dollars for nearly everything. Than obtaining IP is time consuming and everything that you can buy with IP are champions and runes. Runes are cool of course, but you rarely every see their use in game. Masteries are also like this cool, but useless. But by far the worst thing about LoL is the community. There are kind people out there, but your chances of finding them are 1/1000. The LoL community is either rude or disgusting. I mean there are some of the worst and gross names out there. Of course you can report them, but NOTHING ever happens to them. Even though you don't have access to all champions you don't wanna unlock most of them. There is a huge lack of balancing in LoL and when new champions are released they are completely over powered. Now don't get me wrong LoL is a good game it's just not one that will keep you interested mainly because you will really only ever play 5v5 which always has the same plan. One solo character goes top, one guy who jungles, a support and a carry go bottom, and than an op champion goes middle. That's about it, there is no in-depth strategy or cool champions. Because when you find a champion that plays to your strengths he gets nerfed for no reason and becomes useless to you. But it gets worse, EVERY SINGLE NEW champions is an old champion with new skills that makes him/her slightly different. This MOBA does little to change anything for the MOBA genre. So even though I loved this game and spent forever on it I am in the end required to give it a 5/10. It's free so you can try it just don't sucked in spend money. Because it really isn't worth it. Expand
  18. Sep 20, 2014
    One thing I like about the League, is that it has a clear, fluid gameplay, unlike some of the other MOBA I've tried. It's nothing special, but good enough to kill some time.
  19. Jul 13, 2014
    I'm not sure how you are able to play this game when you die in 1 or two hits from players that seem to be way more powerful. This is not really a fair strategy game. Its not incentive for new people to play. Also there was not much communication going on in the game. The game is also full of text everywhere which is completely overwhelming for a new player. The shop at the home base andI'm not sure how you are able to play this game when you die in 1 or two hits from players that seem to be way more powerful. This is not really a fair strategy game. Its not incentive for new people to play. Also there was not much communication going on in the game. The game is also full of text everywhere which is completely overwhelming for a new player. The shop at the home base and the spells are pretty busy. This has similar problems of a typical RPG except it isn't an RPG. There is some cool fighting going on with similar movements to other RTS games, but the core gameplay doesn't seem to be much. You go in and get decimated by powerful players. End of story. Lastly I refuse to play a game that bans me for playing, and then having to bow out of a match. Games seem to be very long, longer than a physical game would go without any break. Overwhelmingly I can't see why someone would spend longer than 20 minutes getting into this when there are faster action games to play, and better strategy games out there. But its at least playable and runs well on old hardware, unlike DOTA. So its better than DOTA, but I can't say this game is fun at all. You'd have to be kind of retarded to think this game is fun. Expand
  20. Aug 24, 2013
    Keeping this simple:

Game concept is cool, love the characters... balancing issues run very high... so much has been done to the game and I can safely say I've never seen it anywhere near balanced, whether it be team comps or matchmaking... Ratings: Graphics 6/10 Characters 9/10 Gameplay 7.5/10 Balancing 4/10 Community 0/10 (by far the worst community I have ever seen) The
    Keeping this simple:

Ratings:
    Graphics 6/10
    Characters 9/10
    Gameplay 7.5/10
    Balancing 4/10
    Community 0/10 (by far the worst community I have ever seen)

The game is only really fun when you have 10 competent people playing against each other... ONE bad person turns the game into a show with at least half the players turning to trolling for 30 mins... no one is ever looking to help you... no one ever cares about bettering anyone else... the game ends and all that happens is blame and pointless trolling, it disgusts me... its a norm for people to demean each other in that game... I rather play on a server where an experienced player is given admin and can ban people for days for acting the way they do... like in the good old CS days... shame people only act civilized when they are under a threat...
  21. Apr 10, 2014
    Another DotA with expanded and...dulled gameplay. No denies, no easy/hard lane, middle is not fun at all - no reasons to roam without runes and 2-1-2 laneup, jungler is mandatory, no courier. etc. Instead of deep mechanics DotA uses, you get some doubtful gameplay expansions like runes, masteries and additional passives on heroes. Most of items do not have active component at all, graphicsAnother DotA with expanded and...dulled gameplay. No denies, no easy/hard lane, middle is not fun at all - no reasons to roam without runes and 2-1-2 laneup, jungler is mandatory, no courier. etc. Instead of deep mechanics DotA uses, you get some doubtful gameplay expansions like runes, masteries and additional passives on heroes. Most of items do not have active component at all, graphics whistle and fart, i can't recognize any action heroes do during teamfight. It's just a prolonged tutorial to Dota, with some stuff missing for easier understanding. Expand
  22. Jan 1, 2014
    A very good game with good mechanics and very good carater design !
    But totaly ruined by the pathetic servers ever full and with lags or just crash !
    Do not give money You will regret it like me ...
    Simply play for free
  23. Mar 24, 2013
    League of Legends is a pretty good competitive MOBA with a Decent community and great variety. In LoL you are a summoner who controls a champion (characters). There are a variety of champions in-game to choose from and each champion fills a specific role (to help their team win). This game takes a lot of team work and skill to win your games and trust me you won't play "quick" League gamesLeague of Legends is a pretty good competitive MOBA with a Decent community and great variety. In LoL you are a summoner who controls a champion (characters). There are a variety of champions in-game to choose from and each champion fills a specific role (to help their team win). This game takes a lot of team work and skill to win your games and trust me you won't play "quick" League games because LoL sessions can range anywhere from 15-90 mins averaging at about 30 to 40 minutes a game. This is a very fun game to get into, because many people play it and it is very rewarding when you and your team mates destroy all of the Enemies' defenses.

The one thing about this game that bothered was the community. This game has the worst community ever. I am not joking. League has one of the WORST communities in a videogame. You will run into every single thing you hate about a Multiplayer community, ranging from the Troll to the Elitist of LoL players
  24. Nov 4, 2013
    The game is great but unfortunately, heavily burdened by its awful community which has legitimately ruined the experience for me. Each champions mechanics feel unique to them and it would be a great experience if it was possible to integrate something to allow the users the ability to never have to hear what anyone has to say besides in game instructions or something like that.
  25. Oct 9, 2013
    I started playing League of Legends about two years ago without knowing what to expect from it. A few friends of mine said it was good, so I downloaded it and played a few games. I noticed something right in my first few games: The graphics are pretty bad for a current generation game.

I don't really care about a game's graphics, but League of Legends does looks pretty awful except for a few character's models and the reworked Twisted Treeline map. But don't get scared away from the graphics; League of Legends has one of the most addicting gameplays I have ever experienced.

Getting started is always a bit slow in MOBAs and League of Legends is no exception, but it is easier to learn than, for example, DOTA 2. What really helps new players is the good UI which makes it easy to find every option or item in the shop. Additionally, you can change tons of options to make the game exactly fit your needs.

The gameplay is extremely fast-paced and you will need quick reaction times to survive for long, but that ability will come as your general skill advances. When playing PvP games data about your win rate and such will be used to find players who are as good as you, which makes the early summoner levels easy for newer players. When reaching level 30, you can also play ranked games which will put you in a certain division depending on how many of the first ranked games you win. This makes the selection of enemies and teammates even better and is a pretty nice feature itself, but sadly there are always people blocking your way to higher ranks.

That brings me to one of the worst parts of League of Legends: The community.
    More than 60% of the people my friends and I met in this game are either flaming, feeding kills, going AFK or not communicating with the team. And afterwards, it's always the fault of the people who did something useful. And if you think they would just get banned: They mostly don't because the punishment system in League of Legends is too friendly to bad behaving players. After two years of playing this game my ignore list is filled with more than 1.000 players and I have reported at least the same amount.

Something else wrong with League of Legends is the game balance. Riot keeps releasing characters which isn't exactly a bad thing, but this makes balancing the game even more difficult and right now I am wondering if they still even try to. Champ after champ gets reworked, changed, buffed and nerfed but there are always champs that are just way too strong for the skill you need to play them.
    Let's compare League of Legends to DOTA 2 here: In DOTA 2 the characters are all pretty damn strong, but they ALL are, so it's basically balanced. In League of Legends there are champs like Lulu, Varus, Xerath and Orianna which take some skill to play, but when mastered, are pretty strong. On the other hand there are champs like Jarvan IV, Kha'Zix, Vi, Gankplank and Lee Sin (mostly melee champs somehow) which have a huge damage output no matter how good you are with them or generally at the game. The base damage of all champs is around the same amount, but some champs just aren't difficult at all and therefore hit more abilities.

I can only recommend this game to everyone who likes MOBAs or similiar game types, but you need a lot of time and you have to get through a lot of sh*t to play this for long because of the missing game balance and the really bad community.
  26. Sep 25, 2013
    As an avid player of RTS games, I enjoy League of Legends thoroughly.It has fluid game play in the sense that it offers relatively faster rhythm of game flow. While the game isn't as refined as I feel that it could be,it does its job well in ensuring that there is a relatively casual game play section for those who are not serious in the game, and a section for those who want to play on aAs an avid player of RTS games, I enjoy League of Legends thoroughly.It has fluid game play in the sense that it offers relatively faster rhythm of game flow. While the game isn't as refined as I feel that it could be,it does its job well in ensuring that there is a relatively casual game play section for those who are not serious in the game, and a section for those who want to play on a more serious and pseudo-competitive scale.
    Overall, it is enjoyable but some segments of the game need to be worked on, such as optimization issues and game balance.
  27. Oct 27, 2013
    In its early days, League of Legends was great. However, that time has come and gone. the game has extreme balancing issues, sub-par graphics, poor character designs, and the worst community I have seen in a game in a very long time. I would suggest avoiding this game, as it has little to no shining qualities, and would only appeal to long-time fans of the genre.
  28. Dec 7, 2013
    very very fun to play, easy to pick up. that is if you don't come across anyone else. (wait, you just might!). Almost everyone in this game is going to have a go at you for no reason, and you might go ahead and do the same thing yourself. This games community is the main reason we all have grown to despise playing this game (without friends?). That being said, the gameplay isvery very fun to play, easy to pick up. that is if you don't come across anyone else. (wait, you just might!). Almost everyone in this game is going to have a go at you for no reason, and you might go ahead and do the same thing yourself. This games community is the main reason we all have grown to despise playing this game (without friends?). That being said, the gameplay is straightforward right click to move your single character. last hit the minions ,destroy structures then the enemy nexus. (in that order) the game is easy to get used to and has many champions(characters) to get into. just avoid the toxicity of this community and you'll do aight. Expand
  29. Apr 26, 2014
    This game is a lot of fun and addicting. I've spent many hours in it. Its hampered by a really crappy community and a terrible game client. For free, however, I can't complain. I bought some characters but haven't spent more than $20 I'd say. And for that price, I definitely got my money's worth.
  30. Nov 16, 2013
    this game is OKAY, in fact it's very average. LoL offers a nice playing experience and a whole variety of champions to play in-game as different roles, but the issue starts here, only half of the champions are the stronger more polished champions whilst the others just rot and are hardly played by players, some of the champions are in serious need of a re-work and makeover. Another issuethis game is OKAY, in fact it's very average. LoL offers a nice playing experience and a whole variety of champions to play in-game as different roles, but the issue starts here, only half of the champions are the stronger more polished champions whilst the others just rot and are hardly played by players, some of the champions are in serious need of a re-work and makeover. Another issue is the lack or servers, with each region comes are bad, laggy server that we have to live with, waiting queues can go up to 30:00 mins just to log on and a full server results in huge lag issues and disconnections, and guess what, another half a hour to wait to get back on and to try to re-join your team before the report you for leaving. Speaking of people, the community comes to mind, THE WORST EVER community is existence is to be found here gents, it's very bad, so bad it drags the game down with it, toxic players who call you "noob" and words that would even upset london chaffs. the game also isn't very stable, to get onto to it you have to get past a launcher, a log-in window, the game lobby area thing, then the loading screen and then your in the game, and most of the times players have reported crashes and failures happening at the loading screen and the bugs lead to disconnection and so on...

once your get past the bugs, picked support role (cause there was a fight for mid which resulted in you getting support), muted the kids and gotten into the game, it's alright. An nice experience sometimes happen in this game, with games sometimes lasting up to 60 mins and end up pretty intense, it's really fun, some learners may find it hard at first, but it's still quite fun to play, with 3 stages to a games, there?s always this sense of strategy and ever changing gameplay, however this game relies on teamwork a ton, and because of the community...yeah, doesn't work out.
  31. Nov 17, 2013
    Fun game but slightly spoiled by the communi. Even in non ranked games theres way top much pressure that when you get a bad match, others will really make you feel like rubbish. I'd recommend playing with a group of friends though so you can enjoy the awesome game
  32. Dec 26, 2013
    In the battle of DOTA2 v League of Legends League of Legends wins my vote.

The game looks nice, runs great on a wide variety of machines. The tutorial sets you up nicely knowing how to play a basic game. The leveling and leagues are fair, although a little dragged out to get to "Ranked" matches. HOWEVER... The community on this game is VERY bad and VERY abusive. Example, you finish
    In the battle of DOTA2 v League of Legends League of Legends wins my vote.

The community on this game is VERY bad and VERY abusive. Example, you finish the tutorial, go in a game against bots, so it is just you, 4 other humans vs team bots. These games a usually full of people who are claiming to be "top level" and basically just want to show off that they can try and win a game on their own, getting a massive kill streak. They abuse new players, offer no help and just constantly moan and complain. It gets even worst when you play in the real online matchmaking. If you played this game with 4 other friends, constantly together on the same team, it would be worthy of maybe a 9 or 10/10! but seriously, go see for yourself how bad the abuse and community is.
  33. Dec 15, 2014
    The community for this game is terrible. I've played Modern Warfare and Black Ops all my life and never seen such horrible behavior in as long a chain of matches as this game. Sure you'll run across players that rant all the time in Call of Duty but League of Legends is horrible. Players constantly bickering and arguing against each other. Calling each other names. I love this game butThe community for this game is terrible. I've played Modern Warfare and Black Ops all my life and never seen such horrible behavior in as long a chain of matches as this game. Sure you'll run across players that rant all the time in Call of Duty but League of Legends is horrible. Players constantly bickering and arguing against each other. Calling each other names. I love this game but can't play it due to the community.

Riot seems to favor particular champions as well in the League. Leblanc for instance had her silence removed but her damage and dodging is out of this world. It took Riot FOREVER to do something that seemed so obvious to change. Another example, Darius used to be pretty outrageous. It took Riot a while to balance him because they were afraid of nerfing him into the ground. The problem here is that again they favor their champions and don't do this for someone like Skarner or Eve that were nerfed way too far into the ground and didn't see the light of day until recently.

Oh did I mention that the servers are out of this world as well. I remember a time where the lag wasn't so bad and it was manageable. For me it was around the time of Varus's release and I enjoyed playing him because I could land all of his skill shots. I think about half a year to a year passed by and then it began to just dump and lag was inevitable about anywhere you played. This is probably around the time I switched to mid as my main because I could still play a champ with aoe abilities and have great burst to kill an opponent within those 5 stable seconds of ping. Now, every time I watch my friends play I can't help but chuckle at their demise as they helplessly lag all over the screen. I enjoy a fresh cup of liquid refreshment, kick back and just laugh at how terrible Riot's servers are and at how wise my decision was to stop playing this disaster.

If you enjoy this game and can handle game I would recommend this game to you. If you are in the same boat as me, get easily frustrated at lag, despise a horrible community then I would highly suggest you don't play this game and avoid it.
  34. Aug 6, 2014
    Good -
    Polished combat and mostly balanced champions.
    Not a pay-to-win, but houses one of the best online markets I've ever seen for a free game It's free Bad - Terrible matchmaking discourages newbies from getting into LoL, due to Riot's inability to control smurfing. One of the most toxic player-to-player environments in-gaming. Trolls will thrive here. Lax punishments for
    Good -
    Polished combat and mostly balanced champions.
    It's free

Bad -
    Lax punishments for leavers, feeders, and trolls. Riot adds a 'file a complaint' system that ends up being pushed under the rug. I know this because I still will go through 3 games in a row where one player is doing poorly and rage-quits = the entire game is ruined and then to top it all off, teams are unable to surrender until 20 minutes in, meaning if it's 1v5, too **** bad.

Example from my last game - 3 of our teammates leave, making it impossible to cover all lanes. We win the match though because somehow the entire opposing team had pings over 600 so they couldnt control their champtions. I wasn't sure whether to be mad or rejoice.
  35. Apr 24, 2014
    This game will make you rage, you have to have a high tolerance for a lot of ego bursting kids who think they are the best at the game. If you can survive that aspect of the game then you will find that it is actually quite fun. For a moba game its simple and user friendly, the amount of content this game has is extremely high considering the developers seem to be adding and increasingThis game will make you rage, you have to have a high tolerance for a lot of ego bursting kids who think they are the best at the game. If you can survive that aspect of the game then you will find that it is actually quite fun. For a moba game its simple and user friendly, the amount of content this game has is extremely high considering the developers seem to be adding and increasing champions, etc… weekly. There are some balance issues but that goes with almost all online games. It is extremely competitive game and has little to no casual gameplay to it. Everyone thinks they are the best and if you don't match their standards they will let you know. Makes this game have one of the worst online communities out there.

Gameplay: Simple, Clean, easy learning curve and free to play which means anyone can enjoy it. There really is no pay to win in this game as all champions can be unlocked with time. Online only game as there is no single player and the community is evil for the most part. Very few people are willing to help and considering this game is completely revolved around teamwork it makes for a hard environment to have fun. If you can manage to get a group of friends then this game can be a blast.

Replay Value: High, every match plays out differently. Tons of champions to play and choose from, different team variations. Should keep you busy for as long as you are enjoying the game.

Overall im mixed on this game, game is fun and enjoyable to play with friends. Yet the community really ruins this game and makes for some impossible to win situations as trolls are plentiful.
  36. Apr 24, 2014
    I've been a fan of this game since I started playing back in 2011. It didn't take long though for me to to grow tired of the horribly toxic community. The game plays well, the roster is nice but the community alone is more than enough to cause me not to play (unless I can get 4 friends). 4 friends playing? I'd throw it up to a 7 or 8. Playing solo? I'd rather chew aluminum foil.
  37. Apr 28, 2014
    I have played this a good amount and thinks its a pretty good game. Tho i have switched to Dota 2 because i find it better. It still play LoL sometimes but not as much as Dota 2.
  38. May 3, 2014
    Well. This game is really not bad. I playing in LOL by 2 years. Graphics - bad, but for me not most important. What is mostly irritating - community. Really, this game starting to be kindgarten. I am 21 years old and started to feel like another idiot playing it. Just awful flame, no matter how u or someone else playing, if u playing good - no help, if u playing in jungle - not enoughWell. This game is really not bad. I playing in LOL by 2 years. Graphics - bad, but for me not most important. What is mostly irritating - community. Really, this game starting to be kindgarten. I am 21 years old and started to feel like another idiot playing it. Just awful flame, no matter how u or someone else playing, if u playing good - no help, if u playing in jungle - not enough ganks, etc etc, just terrible to play. I playin this game less and less, cause of not fun getting from it. Expand
  39. May 5, 2014
    Amazing ! I just got 3500 RP code for totally FREE ! Come and download code too

>> http://RiotPoint.eu/

this is great and i think this is 150 characters long
  40. Jul 25, 2014
    I have played this moba for 2 years now and consider myself rather accustomed to this game.
    To start off, this game has two ways of playing it: You can team up with random, real people against the AI, or you can play against others.
    League of Legends until now is distributed into 4 maps, but is mainly played on it's most popular map, Summoner's Rift. On this map, you join 4 other players to take down the enemy's Nexus (basically the heart of their base). The game has a wide variety of balanced characters(champions) to choose from each with individual skills and gameplay. Also, before the match starts, runes and masteries help you buff your champion at the beginning or progressively at the end of the game, each game lasting approximately 20-45 minutes. However you need to unlock them one-by-one first. League is a free to play game with micro transactions, however it is not pay-to-win.
    The graphics are decent, although they will be upgraded in a short while. Also, the game has numerous updates, keeping the community entertained.
    Lastly, it has an enormous competitive scene with countless of thrilling tournaments.
    This game can be tons of fun when played with friends in order to take down the enemy strategically and sometimes you can get a good laughter out of it. However, after playing the game for a rather long time, the gameplay becomes repetitive and rather boring. In addition to that, you often get matched up with rude, inconsiderate, flamers (people who use indecent language during the game). This can become a tremendous problem when trying to reach a higher place in the ranking system of League of Legends, therefore causing the game to be tense and not relaxing. It definitely requires patience and good morals to play the game, which in my opinion very few people of the community have.
  41. Aug 14, 2014
    Probably one of the hardest games for a new player to get into. The levelling system (before you can play ranked games) is very slow and uneventful and new players will often have trouble as they get matched with smurfs/alts (players who already have an account and are levelling a new one) as the skill gap can be huge.

Once in the ranked ladder, most players continue playing to climb

Once in the ranked ladder, most players continue playing to climb higher and although the game is relatively simple and repetitive, there is a significant amount of depth in the skills that are needed to get to the highest rankings. The large skill depth somewhat makes up for the fact that the game is superficially simple.

Sadly, the community is generally quite toxic in game, although there are a lot of groups of players who are helpful in providing advice for in game and are generally enjoyable people to be around.
  42. Sep 9, 2014
    Let's be honest, part of the hate against the game seems to be backed by the fact that many do not know how to build their champions and misunderstand the basic dynamics of the game expecting a non MOBA experience. Hence the distaste towards the game. Its a decent at best good experience.
  43. Feb 20, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. DRuins here with hopefully an insightful review. League of Legends as we all know exploded onto the RTSMOBA scene in 2009 however I have to say I only played one game before I was completely turned off on the game once I realized there was no denying creeps. Having said that I decided to give the game another go and try to keep my own self prejudices aside. So here is what I have learned and have judged.

League of Legends is an RTSMOBA based off the massive breakout of DoTA Allstars a mod in Warcraft: ROC and TFT. Myself have been a fan of this game since it's original start in Starcraft as Aeon of Strife. I went into this MOBA expecting them to follow the same format but with Riot Games own sort of flare. However I was surprised to find that they deviated away from the original source material by a long ways. I found that there was no longer any traditional lane control by denying your own creeps to prevent xp/gold gain to your lane opponents and there was this "pokemon" style brush where you or your enemies would disappear in as soon as stepping into it.

Instead of following the original material they took an interesting spin on things. They added additional sheets of runes and etc to enhance your champion in game. You can place runes to increase your champions Ability Power, Defense, Magical Defense and Attack Power. Granted never having experienced this before with any other MOBA of it's kind I found this both to be an added aspect to the game both good and bad. Good being it immerses you deeper into the role you are trying to or have mastered and bad in the sense it gives a veteran player an upper edge to let's say one who has not had that many games in.

In addition to the runes they also as previously mentioned taken away denying of your own creeps. I have to say that I absolutely hated this part of the game given it left me feeling no sense of lane control. No matter what I did I could no stop my opponent from gaining experience. Unless I was to just go complete "Rambo" and push him out of lane expending both health and mana to do it. I have to say this aspect of the game to me took so much skill out of it that I almost felt as though this was a casual version of my beloved DoTA.

Other changes included would be the "secondary spells" as well as the free "tp" back to base. These additional spells could be 2 of several ones. To include health, mana, blink, slow and etc. I have to say I actually enjoyed playing around with the combinations to see which suited the champion I was playing. The free "TP" back to base put me off a bit. It eliminated the need for buying teleport scrolls which again makes it a bit casual.

A big change also came in the form of no gold loss upon death. This however nice it may be really left me feeling no punishment for messing up and dying. Really didn't push me to try harder given I lost nothing for it. Yet another casual feel to an already casually feeling game.

A light however at the end of the tunnel. With LoLs immense champion pool and seemingly endless combinations and variations you are constantly striving for the best team make up and strategy which I have to say is awesome. Combined with LoLs humongous active player base you are never left sitting in Que for an eternity and with no stat recordings one or two bad games don't leave a red mark on your ledger LoL can be a nice break from the normal hardcore gaming.

"THE VERDICT" LoL is true to be a much more casual game compared to it's rivals DOTA 2 and Heroes of Newerth but I believe that to be both a good and bad thing and not just bad. With it's more casual gameplay you find yourself not getting so upset by a death or defeat and can ultimately enjoy the game more. However I have to say that if you are looking for a more skill based game and you enjoy the raging DOTA 2 and HoN might cleanse your pallet more, but if you are one of the many who just enjoys playing a game or two simply because it is a game then LoL is definitely the choice for you.

So given it's casual style compared to it's predecessor DoTA Allstars and not holding true to the skill based performance. Including it's variety of champions, spells, runes and etc. I have to give LoL a well deserved 6/10.
  44. Apr 5, 2016
    League of Legends is an okay-ish RTS game, especially for those new in the genre. It's just that there ain't too much of a difference between characters, play styles, effects, buffs, skills, and whatnot. I find it having a significant lack of "variety" between its game play elements.
  45. Feb 11, 2016
    Fun, addictive , quite content to which you will have enough hours , promotes competitiveness and encourages decision-making satisfactory experience ... but empty, it's a shame it as Flapibird , really missing the story , he produced no innovation and toxic community detracts many points.
  46. Mar 7, 2016
    Let's face it, the only good thing about league of legends is that there's a lot of players, more than in any other game, and scaling the rankings is satisfying. Besides that, the game is very poor visually right now and was even more poor when it came out in relation to the other video games of that time. Funny champions are most of the time extremely expensive, kinda forcing you to payLet's face it, the only good thing about league of legends is that there's a lot of players, more than in any other game, and scaling the rankings is satisfying. Besides that, the game is very poor visually right now and was even more poor when it came out in relation to the other video games of that time. Funny champions are most of the time extremely expensive, kinda forcing you to pay real money for them. The laning phase is extremely boring, and basically it's a bad ripoff of Warcraft 3's mod Dota all-stars. The rune and mastery system is boring and unnecessary... Can't find many good things about the game. Expand
  47. May 21, 2016
    Not the best MOBA ever, but has a few good characters. I do feel that it can be annoying playing the same map over and over again. Again like every other moba, this game has a toxic community. It just seems to come with the genre and maybe from the latest generation of gamers.
  48. Mar 31, 2011
    League of Legends got great potential, its really addicting game, but the lack of balance is really great problem.There are still champions that are OP like leblanc, annie, etc and champions that are UP like ezreal, cassiopea, kennen, which Riot seems not to see.
    Also if you want to share this at the forum you will be just downvoted and your thread will be closed.
    Other thing is that Riot
    Other thing is that Riot fails to free the game from leavers/feeders.
    I really enjoyed this game before, but i cant play it anymore, because its only making me nervous.
    Every game 4vs5 or got feeder or noob..
    Riot really must think about that and start concentrating on the problems of the game,not the content.
  49. Jul 27, 2012
    The graphics suck and were clearly thought out by amateurs. The gameplay is fantastic as it is a copy of Dota, one of the best multiplayer experiences ever. However, they have taken what Dota was and actually made it worse, downgrading it in many ways. The balance is awful for this type of game, with half the characters being unplayable in tournaments because they aren't as good as theThe graphics suck and were clearly thought out by amateurs. The gameplay is fantastic as it is a copy of Dota, one of the best multiplayer experiences ever. However, they have taken what Dota was and actually made it worse, downgrading it in many ways. The balance is awful for this type of game, with half the characters being unplayable in tournaments because they aren't as good as the other half. Every character feels the same and plays the same as the other. You can only play 10 of the entire pool of heroes per week, unless you pay them money or play excessively long to unlock some. Invisible and different heroes are the awful, because they are so weak as to be made completely useless, to protect the noob players. The game is also so stale and predictable with as few possible elements to make the game complex. In Dota, the game is more about thinking than simply repeating the same maneuver from game to game. You will get bored of this bad downgrade of a warcraft III map. Expand
  50. Oct 14, 2011
    It's important to note that my review of this game is from the perspective of a competitive gamer of many years. League of Legends is just a game designed to make money, and boy does it succeed at that. It has almost no competitive viability aside from its large playerbase. Balancing takes a back seat to anything that will drive a sale, overpowered heroes for example. I gave the game aIt's important to note that my review of this game is from the perspective of a competitive gamer of many years. League of Legends is just a game designed to make money, and boy does it succeed at that. It has almost no competitive viability aside from its large playerbase. Balancing takes a back seat to anything that will drive a sale, overpowered heroes for example. I gave the game a chance but the free to play platform for this genre just doesn't mesh whatsoever for me, I desire a competitive and balanced experience and this does not offer that, indeed it doesn't even try.
    -Update since dominion-
    Now, at least, the game has a redeeming quality, a unique game type 'Dominion' that doesn't attempt to follow the dota genre. Now my review lands in the yellow.
  51. Jan 8, 2013
    The problem with League of Legends isn't a problem with the game itself per se (although there are quite a few flaws in the system that, although not gamebreakers, do ruin the experience), but rather, with the absolutely terrible community and the design of MOBA's themselves. Firstly, although there are many genuine gamers in the LoL community who are just out there to have fun, and atThe problem with League of Legends isn't a problem with the game itself per se (although there are quite a few flaws in the system that, although not gamebreakers, do ruin the experience), but rather, with the absolutely terrible community and the design of MOBA's themselves. Firstly, although there are many genuine gamers in the LoL community who are just out there to have fun, and at times truly do want to help new and struggling players, the vast majority of LoL players are complete and utter jackasses that are completely self-centered in an entirely team-based game. I keep finding myself playing horrible games where a single teammate will just ruin it for everyone by being a complete dick to everyone on the team. In fact, I find people who dont understand how to play a more enjoyable teammate than one that just completely ruins the experience with his mindless drivel. But, I think this problem stems from the MOBA genre itself.

Although LoL has many features to reduce the severity of this problem (no loss of gold on death, lower champion level cap, etc), MOBA's are very, very infuriating to play when you can't play them right. Games usually just boil down to "Who can make the most mistakes first" instead of actual knowledge and skill, and this only increases the amount of anger, which in turn increases the amount of mistakes and creates a vicious cycle only dedicated players can escape from. A lot of people talk about "ELO Hell" and how it doesn't or does exist, and I think that it does exist for some and not for others, mainly because of this. LoL is great for people new to the MOBA genre since it seems to be the most user-friendly of them all (DOTA 2 is VERY punishing towards noobies), but even a benevolent dictator is a dictator.

TL;DR: Good game if you are patient and willing to put up with ****
  52. Jan 20, 2013
    It's a pretty nice and easy introduction to the MOBA genre, much easier than the other options on the market and free if you choose to not get skins. However, the community is horrible and the client is hopelessly outdated. Each game lasts quite long and is very monotonous however. It's hard to play more than 1 or 2 games in a row.
  53. Jul 10, 2014
    I decided to update my review after I've been away from the game for awhile. I began playing in 2009. I thought it was amazing and quickly became addicted. Over the next 4 years I put well over 1000 hours into the game. I finally uninstalled it in fall 2013 and haven't looked back.

This game WILL anger you. This game WILL frustrate you. This game WILL end up wasting a lot of your time. Whether its the queues, ragers who throw out games, or the fact that you're locked into games for a solid 30+ minutes, there's a LOT of time that goes down the drain. Out of my 1500 hours I probably sat around wishing I wasn't in a particular match, or waiting in queues, or being extremely frustrated for about 200 hours. This is a generous estimate btw, it was most likely more time.

After I finally uninstalled the frustration in my life cleared up. I get along more easily with people and I no longer feel like I'm wasting time when I'm playing video games (even though it technically is a waste, haha).

The game is fun, but I believe the MOBA genre is too new, it needs to be refined.
  54. TimothyK
    Jan 17, 2010
    I guess I'm alone on this but this game is so boring. It's like WoW mechanics just pick a spell pick a bad guy and hope you don't run out of mana/health. The teamwork aspect is nice however doesn't hold enough to spark my interest.
  55. Sep 19, 2014
    I will say that I was very unfair with this game when I first reviewed: I didn't exactly play a lot and I admit that it had some fun factor into it: me being a dota 2 player I didn't expect much, but I've been playing it lately and I've been enjoying it too.

So what I'll say is, the game is good and fun, and the fact that it's not as hard as dota 2 make is even more enjoyable sometimes: losing a game of dota 2 usually means lots of swearings, while here it's much more toned down and even when it happens, I just feel more relaxed here than in dota 2, with constant complaining.

But I still have the same issues as the last time:

1)The Champions/Heroes Design: I've checked all the characters available and, aside for a very VERY few, all of them are really bland and just flatout "uninteresting". Personal opinions aside, most of the characters jus tlook similar and/or just uninspired, even when they had the chance to be unique! For instance, Garen's the most generic kind of "paladin" you could see, Jinx is a copy of Cammy (no kidding, her hair is the same, and the face is almost identical) and Akali is the most generic sexy ninja you'll ever see.

Oh right, the game has a lot of fanservice: almost every female in the game is made to keep the guys "interested" in the game, to the point of making them completely boring: giant boobs, revealing outfits, sexy moanings when they die, sexy skins. Really? Well I guess people do love seeing a sexy character once in a while, but AT LEAST make them interesting!

If I have to pick some favourites, Twitch, Yasuo, Hecarim, Nasus, Shaco, Leona and MAYBE Lucian remain my most favourite looking heroes (I repeat, LOOKING, not skill wise) of all. They at least look different enough than most...

Oh, Soraka is a Draenei. That's all folks!

2) IT'S TOO EASY! I've played mostly two to four champions so far, but I really didn't feel any challenge at all while playing them: what was challenging was to get a group that wouldn't constantly die and feed the enemies. I play as Sona most of the times and even if we are able to push our lane, one or two people are dying so many times and feeding the enemies, resulting in a loss.
    I just don't feel challenged in the end: it's a matter of who kills more at the start. And if your enemies are fed, you can basically kiss your match goodbye, because even an entire team can't stop him/her!

As a result, the hard part is to find a good team more than actually learning the champions themselves (which is also needed too, I'm not saying the opposite). However, considering this is an online game, bad people can constantly join in, and for bad people I mean people who think of themselves of being supreme beings above humans who think that they're the best.

While in the end me, the support, has the most kills...

In the end, It's a decent game and nice if you want a relaxing game.

But I still think Dota 2 is better in terms of challenge and skill.
  56. Jul 3, 2011
    Being a very long member of the LoL community, I would say this game is too heavily reliant on your team (and nothing else). It punishes you more for other teammates' mistakes and less rewarding for your own achievements. But! The premades and friends you make could more than make up for it (maybe...).
  57. Apr 15, 2013
    If i went to 7 is mostly because of the main LoL problem: ''the community'' The game is like they say ''addictive as hell'' and they are improving the champions and made pretty good looking skins so far. The mechanics of the game are pretty nice, and you can play for hours. What brings it down is basically the community, there's so much aggressive people who ruins your day. Also theIf i went to 7 is mostly because of the main LoL problem: ''the community'' The game is like they say ''addictive as hell'' and they are improving the champions and made pretty good looking skins so far. The mechanics of the game are pretty nice, and you can play for hours. What brings it down is basically the community, there's so much aggressive people who ruins your day. Also the matchmaking is pretty unbalanced: I found myself being the only one level 30 in my team against a 3 Ranked Silver players (who obv are level 30), totally frustrating. Even the new ranked system, while better than ELO based one, is a mess. You lose 2 matches and you go down 1 division, also when you win in the new one you only get 5 points, that you lose in a matter of matches. The game for these mentioned reasons gets pretty frustrating in so many ways, makes you lose your patience sometimes. It's a shame since the game is so fun and addictive. Not to mention the unbalanced champions, some of them have no counter, some of them get 3 kills and your match is pretty lost in a matter of minutes. Overall a pretty fun game which gets a ''meets expectations'' but is far from ''outstanding''. Expand
  58. Jan 26, 2013
    This is a pretty good game, but it has one major flaw. For the most part it is a 5 on 5 match. However in about 50% of games one of the team mates will leave halfway through the game. This would be bad if the game ended then, but the game goes on and whoever is unlucky enough to lost a play will lose guaranteed. People put up with it because sometimes you win a 5 on 4 and sometimes youThis is a pretty good game, but it has one major flaw. For the most part it is a 5 on 5 match. However in about 50% of games one of the team mates will leave halfway through the game. This would be bad if the game ended then, but the game goes on and whoever is unlucky enough to lost a play will lose guaranteed. People put up with it because sometimes you win a 5 on 4 and sometimes you lose so it's frustrating, but completely random. Expand
  59. Feb 8, 2012
    Community is utter **** and they treat you worse than **** if you're on the losing side. If you lose too many matches and win too few, you're permanently banned. Unforgiving to newcomers.
  60. Jan 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have play this game for quite a while... I play it because is a very competitive multiplayer, its a extremely easy to learn, the community is harsh but I think in this new genre this is very common, this is a great game I have to say, but requires a little amount of skill in comparisson with other titles such as dota 2 or Heroes of Newerth. The popularity of this game is due to the way Riot games turn free to play into one of the most succesful type of games. I give this game a 7. Expand
  61. Jun 27, 2014
    The best of the game is the chat after the games, it's hilarious......................................................................................
  62. Apr 30, 2013
    The problem is: THE COMMUNITY
    I never saw so much haters and childs in my life. The game is good, have nice soudtrack, good gameplay, good feeling... But the producers cant tame the users users.
    Generally every match have a lot of swearing. Is hard to get some fun, every one there are unhappy and complains every thing. Even so will you be cursed. So sad, a good game tainted by the
    The problem is: THE COMMUNITY

So sad, a good game tainted by the community.
  63. Oct 13, 2013
    TO ALL LOL players LOL is a fun game to play and i sure would play it everyday if there wasn't dota 2 i sincerly advice you to quit this moba war of and try both. personally i like dota 2 more it's deeper and harder than LOL but sometimes i got sick of russians so i play couple of LOL games
  64. Jul 17, 2014
    The game itself is really good, RIOT's employees are great and the LCS (pro-league) is awesome. The only thing that made me stop playing this game is the community, honestly it'd be better if there were no chat at all and everyone just communicated through pings. From my experience 1 out of 5 players is nice (personality-wise), 2 out of 5 are not that bad (or don't write in chat at all),The game itself is really good, RIOT's employees are great and the LCS (pro-league) is awesome. The only thing that made me stop playing this game is the community, honestly it'd be better if there were no chat at all and everyone just communicated through pings. From my experience 1 out of 5 players is nice (personality-wise), 2 out of 5 are not that bad (or don't write in chat at all), and the other 2 out of are completely toxic, blaming everyone for their mistakes and calling you words I didn't even know were insults. Expand
  65. Sep 16, 2014
    Not a bad game, but it doesn't mean that is a really good game.
    This is a MOBA arcade fire-like, unfair system and expensive stuff (you can buy with points of the game but the game obey you play more and more to get that points, you can also get points with real money), has a cartooned kids style and the people love this game beacause is fun, but not for me.
  66. Feb 19, 2012
    best thing to play for free and best moba for now, also it isn't pay 2 win game, new champions almost every week, patches and fun mod as dominion and worldwide championship.
  67. Mar 24, 2011
    While this game is fun and entertaining it has some major flaws. The game itself is based on the DoTA mod for warcraft III. Essentially it is an action RTS game with tower defense elements. You control a champion and try to push each lane. Killing Minions and other champions while destroying towers. It can be very fun especially when you find a good group to play with. Huge balance issuesWhile this game is fun and entertaining it has some major flaws. The game itself is based on the DoTA mod for warcraft III. Essentially it is an action RTS game with tower defense elements. You control a champion and try to push each lane. Killing Minions and other champions while destroying towers. It can be very fun especially when you find a good group to play with. Huge balance issues bring it down as the same overpowered characters are constantly being played. Other than the excessive amount of characters to choose from there is very little depth in the game itself. Riot as a developer has some major shortcomings as well. Their patches usually cause more problems than they fix. They constantly promise improvements and additions that never see the light of day. There are only two maps that are currently playable(3v3 and 5v5). Though you will still only ever play one of them (5v5). They have been promising a new map and new modes since launch which was nearly two years ago. They even leaked a map last October that still has yet to be released. As a free to play game it is worth the time for installation. However they make up for the game being free by charging ridiculous amounts for characters and skins. A character or skin will run you $7 to $15 each. No those are not bundle prices those are individual prices. With 70+ characters and each character having 4 or more skins it can get incredibly expensive. To sum up it can be a fun game to play as long as you don't expect any real depth. Just be wary of paying for the characters and skins. Expand
  68. May 1, 2013
    A good game severely crippled by it's community.

A good game severely crippled by it's community.

When I and other users say that League of Legends (LoL) has the one of the worst community to ever exist, we're not exaggerating. The sheer amount of raging, abuse and trolling from other players is staggering. The problem stems from LoL being a VERY competetive game, where you have to rely on 4 random players to fulfill certain roles and complete certain objectives, it's a recipe for a bad community.

Because of how team oriented LoL is, solo queue can be an exercise is frustration, simply because alot of games can boil down to which team has the most incompentant players, trolls, feeders, AFK'ers etc, thus skill not really playing a major part in the outcome of many games.

The gameplay can be fun and addicting, with plenty of champions to play that keep things fresh. Unfortunately with the vast amount of champions in the game, some are blatantly overpowered and some are just not viable at all in the current meta.

Overall, LoL has too many issues to be considered a great game, with the community being the largest issue.
  69. Sep 28, 2013
    Honestly, League of Legends is a pretty decent game, but there are quite a few problems with it.
    1- Most abilities are overdone graphically and obscure your vision
    2- At lv 30 people unlock abilities which make them simply stronger than equally skilled, lower level players 3- The community is somewhat toxic, and people ganging up and reporting a player will almost always get them
    1- Most abilities are overdone graphically and obscure your vision
    3- The community is somewhat toxic, and people ganging up and reporting a player will almost always get them banned, even if the player was actually friendly and did well.
  70. sorinsorin
    Dec 30, 2009
    lets be fair, lol is far from being a game, its just a mod, nothing special about it, the engine is bad since it consumes many resourses. besides, the game is... kinda expensive for a game
  71. Mar 26, 2014
    Its fine copy of DotA but nothing more. Popularize MOBA genre but this is just not bad game.
    + Community is full of annoying kids so this game is unplayable without someone to party.
  72. Apr 27, 2013
    A co-worker of mine introduced this game to me. For the first few days, I was hooked. The design of the gameplay is dangerously addictive, with plenty of different ways to play it depending on what characters you unlock.

That said, the game does get repetitive after a while. The community is also annoyingly toxic, and every other game, I would encounter at least one player on the team who would throw insults at you whether you are at the top of your game or not (and for the most ridiculous reasons too, like getting a top score on the board, or not helping them when they die). It's a real shame this isn't managed a little better.
  73. Aug 27, 2011
    League of legends is a successor/clone of Defense of the Ancients mod for Warcraft 3. the gameplay is much easy to understand than any other DOTA clones, making it easier to play.

-------------------------------------------- The main criticism isnt towards the gameplay, but rather to the Economy of the game. Each weak 10 champions are "randomly" selected for players to use who havent

--------------------------------------------
    The main criticism isnt towards the gameplay, but rather to the Economy of the game. Each weak 10 champions are "randomly" selected for players to use who havent purchased. Then each of the characters has to be purchased either using Cash converted to the non-refundable ingame Premium Currency, or through the ingame "free" currency that you acquire through play.

Neither is a good option, as the Premium currency is roughly $5-20 per item, and with the 100+ characters and skin changes, it costs HUNDREDS of dollars to acquire everything. The "free" currency is gained very slowly and cant purchase the skin changes for the characters. the Majority of characters take between fifty and 100 games played, with each game taking 30 minutes to an hour to complete.

The developers regularly have discounts on certain items paid with Premium Currency, have only recently made any kind of price reduction for non-cash players on some champions, and then only the oldest. They are making 2 new champions each month, at around $9-10 each.

Constant changes to the characters abilities make some near impotent in terms of gameplay, until another change comes out restoring them to fighting shape.

-----------------------
    Overall the developers and business managers of the game seem to hate their audience, regularly abusing the users. Expensive virtual rewards, tedious "grinding" as an alternative, and constant depreciation of items people pay money or time for are what to expect.

If you play this game, I hope you enjoy it, but bring your credit card.
  74. Jul 1, 2012
    This game is really easy to learn compared to other "DotA-like" games. The game is more chance than skill based which destroys the game experience for me directly. Manipulating games outside of the real gameplay with masteries and runes and expensive Heroes destroys the game for me.I don't think that this game has a capability of being played in e-sports since the games are not 100% even.
  75. Sep 10, 2013
    This game is just too simple. Riot has refused to allow champions to have good ults. Champions like shen and Twisted fate got nerfed just because they had global ults. Maybe it was the communities fault or maybe Riot just didnt know how to deal with this but every character just doesnt feel strong. Having to buy every champion is just unfair and boring! They have not made a good businessThis game is just too simple. Riot has refused to allow champions to have good ults. Champions like shen and Twisted fate got nerfed just because they had global ults. Maybe it was the communities fault or maybe Riot just didnt know how to deal with this but every character just doesnt feel strong. Having to buy every champion is just unfair and boring! They have not made a good business decision with by making you buy them when Dota 2 lets yo play all of them. Expand
  76. Jun 12, 2011
    In my opinion having both played LoL HoN and DotA I would rank them as 3-2-1, 1 beaing the highest while 3 the lowest The reason for this is that LoL is basically a dumbed down version of DotA to the point of significantly altering the gameplay negatively to make it easier. While HoN remains true to DotA with the added incentives of graphics reconnection and such. TL;DR If you played DotA,In my opinion having both played LoL HoN and DotA I would rank them as 3-2-1, 1 beaing the highest while 3 the lowest The reason for this is that LoL is basically a dumbed down version of DotA to the point of significantly altering the gameplay negatively to make it easier. While HoN remains true to DotA with the added incentives of graphics reconnection and such. TL;DR If you played DotA, had fun and looking for a game based on it go for HoN. If you are below 13 and want a more newb friedly game choose LoL. Expand
  77. Apr 29, 2014
    ===========
    I hate the camera pan and no real autoattack. Diverse hero pool is diverse which is good.
  78. Aug 18, 2011
    League of Legends is an amazing strategy game for hardcore players as well as new comers. All the characters have a very unique feel and consist on vastly different builds. You'll always have a new experience from going one to another no matter what. The game tactics are often very simple, attack gank or defend and then switch up, theres oddly no room for real tactics. The game itself getsLeague of Legends is an amazing strategy game for hardcore players as well as new comers. All the characters have a very unique feel and consist on vastly different builds. You'll always have a new experience from going one to another no matter what. The game tactics are often very simple, attack gank or defend and then switch up, theres oddly no room for real tactics. The game itself gets boring quickly, one game tends to be easily 40+ minutes. It severely lacks maps and other game modes as well. The updates come quick but are often new characters, nothing really special. I'd seriously like to see some balancing as well, a big batch of characters are far too powerful. Overall, it's great. You'll have a MUCH better experience with LoL if your playing with a friend, or if you've played strategy games in the past. I would have given this game an 8, but some things seriously need to change in the League of Legends. Expand
  79. May 31, 2013
    Very fun game. It has a variety of strategy's that have IMMENSE ways to potential for better playing, and a better tutorial for new players that could instill better habits early on. I also wish there was a way to punish people who you play with and against for trolling, and raging. For example, maybe a player reveiw score for players. That way you can lower there score if they troll,Very fun game. It has a variety of strategy's that have IMMENSE ways to potential for better playing, and a better tutorial for new players that could instill better habits early on. I also wish there was a way to punish people who you play with and against for trolling, and raging. For example, maybe a player reveiw score for players. That way you can lower there score if they troll, using things like player in game quoting for advanced features. Just right now there isn't a good way to defend yourself against ragers. I cant just NOT play with them like in real life since its all based on random solo queuing. Though this does promote a environment where people who can tolerate the different ways of abuse and frustration can excel even without mechanical skill.

TLDR: 1 Make a way to defend yourself from random ragers. 2 Love the champion variety and complexity. 3 Wish there was more ability to make up for bad team comp, or that team comp wasn't as important.
  80. Nov 24, 2011
    First of all this game is Free to Play, which already adds that much value to the game itself. It is basically a spin-off of Dota that uses cell shaded/anime style graphics for the characters. The gameplay is very similar to Dota and emphasizes teamwork and communication. It's a game really easy to pick up but difficult to master, as you will need a thorough understanding of all theFirst of all this game is Free to Play, which already adds that much value to the game itself. It is basically a spin-off of Dota that uses cell shaded/anime style graphics for the characters. The gameplay is very similar to Dota and emphasizes teamwork and communication. It's a game really easy to pick up but difficult to master, as you will need a thorough understanding of all the characters to be considered an expert at the game. This is all the more difficult, since the developers are constantly pumping out new characters and implementing character balances approximately every 2 weeks. The game is in a desperate need of new maps. There are currently 3 maps: Summoner's Rift, Twisted Treeline and the Crystal Scar. I never really understood why the developers kept building new characters to use instead of making new maps, simply because all the Dota related games follow the format of adding new heroes/champions/characters. Different game modes would also be good. The newest Crystal Scar map is a step in the right direction. I think this game will continue to develop into a better and better game, over time. (Overall: 7+ lots of potential to be a 10) Expand
  81. Sep 5, 2013
    Having played both this and Dota 2 (I am yet to dabble into HoN), this game by far strikes me as the simpler and less enjoyable game. Heroes cost an arseload to buy, unless you plan on slamming all your time into this game, in which case you should have collected your final hero by about 2030 (assuming 24/7 playtime, factoring in hero additions). Most heroes are very similar, stunHaving played both this and Dota 2 (I am yet to dabble into HoN), this game by far strikes me as the simpler and less enjoyable game. Heroes cost an arseload to buy, unless you plan on slamming all your time into this game, in which case you should have collected your final hero by about 2030 (assuming 24/7 playtime, factoring in hero additions). Most heroes are very similar, stun skillshot bla bla bla (most skills can be found with a word for word replica on Dota), and they mostly look like pansy fairies. Some of the big mechanics of Dota have been removed, ability to carve your own path through the jungle, courier, losing gold upon death and denying spring to mind (if anybody asks 'why does killing your own creeps give you an advantage', please tell me you aren't questioning realism in a game full of monsters hurling fireballs at each other). Also in LoL you can usually just spam spells due to high mana pools and low spell costs and recharge, whereas in Dota you need to think about when you want to use them. LoL's item shop does have a much greater variety of items though, which is nice.

Good fun to play with a group of friends, preferably 9 friends so you can 5v5 each other and never, ever have to come into contact with the vile 12 year old insult spewing community. Dota does have its fair share of that, but it's everygame in LoL and only on occasion in Dota. I occasionally retreat back to it when I've had some tough losses on Dota and fancy an easy couple of wins. Much easier to play than Dota which is good and bad, depending on how you look at it (in Dota, LoL player is an insult. In LoL, the opposite is not true).
    My first LoL game I went 12-2 as Warwick playing in a game of level 20-30's playing with my level 30 friends. My friend came to Dota, went 1-5 as Sand King after 15 minutes and rage quit. An average Dota player will be better at LoL

I won't talk about the graphics, because graphics don't define a game (Baldur's Gate 2 anyone?).
    The paying side of Dota is much more kind and its easier to stay F2P with it. 90% (if not 100%) of items in Dota can be found as drops (some admittedly incredibly rare) and all items are purely cosmetic, starting all players on level ground at the start of a game. LoL has skins (effectively a less customisable version of Dota's items) which require real money to purchase, and levels and runes can put players at an advantage to others, if a player has a full rune set bought with real money, he will be statistically better than one who is yet to earn his set through playtime (runes can be bought with money or ingame points).
    Also Dota makes all characters available, giving much more variety to the game than LoL's slow IP system.

If you're looking for a challenge, or don't have friends to play with, play Dota.
    If you're just starting MOBA's, looking for a pushover, or have 9 friends to play with so you never have to venture into the community, play LoL.
    But you really should try both.

tl;dr LoL more pay to win, easier, more repulsive community, get annoyed at others.
    Dota more variety, hardcore, get annoyed with yourself.
  82. Nov 14, 2011
    Fun game, unique characters for the most part, graphics are what you'd expect from a dota/hon type game. A game you can easily pick up and put down at the same time with no real problems. The downside? I guess the lack of support for banning people who actually need it is definitely a problem, if the abysmal community doesn't already irritate you to the ends of the earth. There are alsoFun game, unique characters for the most part, graphics are what you'd expect from a dota/hon type game. A game you can easily pick up and put down at the same time with no real problems. The downside? I guess the lack of support for banning people who actually need it is definitely a problem, if the abysmal community doesn't already irritate you to the ends of the earth. There are also WAY too many characters. So many in fact, that some abilities on one character are found on another. In any case, its a fun game, worth trying. But if you didn't like Hon/Dota before, you're probably not going to like this. Expand
  83. May 6, 2012
    it's a great game it just lacks a couple of things one a tutorial cause starting on your own without friends to guide you is a suicide run and very time consuming. two no microphones League of Legends updates regularly and they keep adding newer characters. but they really need to add a mic system being in a game where at a certain time you need to run for your life. Not type in chat "canit's a great game it just lacks a couple of things one a tutorial cause starting on your own without friends to guide you is a suicide run and very time consuming. two no microphones League of Legends updates regularly and they keep adding newer characters. but they really need to add a mic system being in a game where at a certain time you need to run for your life. Not type in chat "can you give me a hand" makes the game frustrating. as a result you can tell the only time people talk is when nothing is happening. and number three they need a better shop menu navigating through tons of menus is great way to keep things organized, but they need a 'list all' by some rank or name or better yet a search feature. even with all that this game is extremely addictive and a lot of fun. Expand
  84. Nov 22, 2011
    MOBA (Dota) style games are rapidly becoming popular, after playing several League of Legends (LoL) is the title that sticks out for me. The game play is terribly addicting and wonderfully exhausting, the end of each game needs a well earned cool off period, however with matches being fairly lengthy this is not a game you can have a quick match on.

The graphic style I personally find

The graphic style I personally find quite charming. The simple textures and bright colours allow for a wide range of PC's to run LoL with no problem and still look great providing you don't zoom in too far. The detail of the maps is good and there no characters that I feel were given less attention visually.

Match making is simple and easy, you can join solo games with complete strangers that are of a similar level, or you and any number of friends can team up in 5v5 and 3v3. Your progression as a gamer increases over time with each win and loss contributing to your summoner level, a higher summoner level gives you more access to customisation options and buffs for your character, although this means that people higher than your level will be undoubtedly stronger than you in more ways than one.

LoL is a brilliant and addicting game, but it has it's problems. The biggest complaint for myself and the biggest complaint many people will present is that the community is extremely hostile. Every player seems to be either brilliant at the game, but a horrible person, or very bad at the game and lovely. There seems to be no middle ground of players you either rule or suck.

Another Problem I have is that although the game offers a huge and diverse selection of characters, there is very little selection of maps. With 2 main maps, a 5v5 (Summoners Rift) and 3v3 (Twisted Treeline) There is colour swapped version of the 5v5 and a special tutorial level that is very small, but other than that there is very little variety. The game is well worth checking out for anyone interested in the genre. And as it's free you have nothing to lose with no obligation to pay. However be prepared for a very unforgiving environment and to have summoners rift burned into your eye balls.
  85. Apr 22, 2012
    This game is really good, and works well overall. On reputation, it is perhaps the best game in the MOBA genre, although I can't say that I've played any others. I can say, though, that League of Legends is really fun. The main problem with the game, for me, is the fact that the heroes are horribly unbalanced and obviously so. Combined with the fact that you often end up on or againstThis game is really good, and works well overall. On reputation, it is perhaps the best game in the MOBA genre, although I can't say that I've played any others. I can say, though, that League of Legends is really fun. The main problem with the game, for me, is the fact that the heroes are horribly unbalanced and obviously so. Combined with the fact that you often end up on or against a terrible team (especially if you solo queue), and, yeah, many games are just horrible and a waste of time. Still, this game is good enough and has sufficient depth to it that I think it is well worth trying out. Expand
  86. Mar 18, 2012
    Addicitve and extremely fun when matchmaking works. Probably the most fun I have had in anything PVP. Simpler than similiar games (like DoTA, HoN) but still very deep. It is truly free to play (you can buy everything, but you can use in game currency for everything but additional skins).
    However, matchmaking works maybe 50% of the time. Sometimes a week can go inbetween close games. Few characers that are constantly overpowered and constantly banned in ranked games. One unfriendly person can ruin a game for 9 other people. Graphics, when compared to DoTA 2 are bad. Balancing of the game is very uneven (especially since a new character gets introduced every 2 weeks).
  87. Oct 9, 2012
    Balancing issues and lack of full content updates make this game frustrating from time to time, Having said that once your time has been put in and you find your champions of choice you can have alot of fun playing, long game times with no alternative makes it ill advised for those who want to hop on a game kill some people in the few minutes they may have to play.
  88. Nov 2, 2012
    It's free and fun. If you need to kill time without spending money, I'd say check it out. If you have a short temper, avoid at all costs. The game relies totally on the players. It's all about teamwork and strategy, and a great majority of the users take the game extremely seriously and will not hesitate to scream at you for any and all mistakes.
  89. Dec 19, 2012
    The game is ok, but the community is horrible. Even though i'm lvl 30 i always play with teammates who doen't know anything and play horribly. The game is slowpaced and champions are really easy to play. The players always have to report some1 even though they were then ones feeding/playing horrible. Ranked matches ain't so much better. All the matches i have played so far in ranked, thereThe game is ok, but the community is horrible. Even though i'm lvl 30 i always play with teammates who doen't know anything and play horribly. The game is slowpaced and champions are really easy to play. The players always have to report some1 even though they were then ones feeding/playing horrible. Ranked matches ain't so much better. All the matches i have played so far in ranked, there have been about 2-3 people who didn't really know how to play. I like the dota 2 community better, the game is "harder" and therefore the bad players don't play it.
    Overall i liked the game. A good thing and also a bad thing is that they keep adding new champions. This makes the game harder to balance and most of the new champs are UP or OP. Ofc they fix them after some patches.
  90. Jan 6, 2013
    A very well-done and clean game.
    The developers put alot of effort into the content, but listen little to the community.
    Yet this is also a good thing, that they don't. The community is a living hell and the first reason that makes this game a horrible game. The second reason being their evaluation of the competitive player's performance. It is being counted through an individual
    A very well-done and clean game.
    Yet this is also a good thing, that they don't.

It is being counted through an individual ELO-Rating that is only based off your Win-Lose factor, however not taken into account that you play a match alongside with other 4 players which oftentimes are just genuine useless anchors, which makes the ELO-Rating a joke.

DotA2 did it better, your performance is calculated by what you actually do inside a match, as opposed to Win-Lose ratio.

Other negative Technical aspects:

- Uses Adobe Air
    - No Replay System for a long period of time. Coming Soon
  91. May 30, 2013
    This game has the worst community on earth (except for Call of Duty). Due to a lot of unbalanced champions and unbalanced IP/RP costs this game would score low but the multiplayer feature is amazing. Great game to play with your friends but remember, solo queue is hell on earth.
  92. Apr 5, 2013
    LoL was my first real experience of the MOBA genre and recommended to me by someone I know. I had heard this game was ''supposedly'' more newbie friendly than other MOBA games, such as Dota. I've never really played Dota so I can't compare it to that but for someone totally new to this genre, there are some definite problems I realized. There's a real problem when you're level 1-5 and yourLoL was my first real experience of the MOBA genre and recommended to me by someone I know. I had heard this game was ''supposedly'' more newbie friendly than other MOBA games, such as Dota. I've never really played Dota so I can't compare it to that but for someone totally new to this genre, there are some definite problems I realized. There's a real problem when you're level 1-5 and your team is getting dominated by characters with 20+ kills, it doesn't happen all the time but when it does, it ruins the game every time unless you have a character on your team with the same amount of kills but this should not be happening at all at low levels. So the match making seems quite iffy and sometimes the people playing are terrible, I don't mean skill wise since I'd rather have that rather than rude and hateful people. They also threaten to report you for ridiculous reasons, such as being afk, disconnecting, etc. etc. I disconnected one time only to come back with someone saying they reported me, even though we had just started the match and I wasn't long but they reported me for something that was totally out of my control. Are you kidding...? They will also threaten to report you for just doing badly, so to play pvp in this game is a lot of stress and pressure, even more for a newbie. There are a lot of champions but some are more boring or underpowered to use than others and some are overplayed (Caitlyn comes to mind...). There are some definite balance issues though, and as others have surely said, some Champions that outclass others, if they weren't, they wouldn't be reworking some of them. There is lag at times and sometimes when there are a lot of players on at once, you may have to wait to be able to login anywhere from a few minutes to possibly an hour or longer. Another thing that I assume is in all the other MOBA games too is the ability to be able to ''unlock'' your camera which lets you look around more freely on the map and is not stuck to your character. When I first saw this in the tutorial, I thought this was simply a choice of how to play, little did I know how wrong that really was. It's pretty much essential to unlock your camera if you wanna do well at all since if you don't, everyone else surely is which gives them a clear advantage over players that don't since they can ambush and kill you. In every game play video I've ever seen of someone playing this game, they play the exact same way, unlocked camera, rapidly clicking around and if you don't play that way, then you're playing wrong and you'll never really be good at the game, so the ''choice'' of having your camera is extremely deceptive, I chose not to play with my cam unlocked because I wasn't comfortable with it at all but you will definitely be penalized for choosing comfort over what everyone else is doing. So from what I can tell, this isn't really the greatest game for newbies to the genre and maybe the genre as a whole only caters to ''hardcore'' players that have already experienced many other MOBA style games before. It's a shame because it can be kinda fun at times(when the teams are more balanced and you aren't getting steamrolled)and addicting but the nature of this game and games of this genre in general may push a lot of new players or many others away. Expand
  93. Apr 25, 2013
    I wasn't sure what to expect when I was first introduced to League of Legends about a year and a half ago. At first, I thought the play style was bit weird and my brother let me play on his account for a while until I made my own account. This was my initiation into the MOBA world. After gaining a lot of experience with MOBAs through League of Legends, here is my assessment of the game:I wasn't sure what to expect when I was first introduced to League of Legends about a year and a half ago. At first, I thought the play style was bit weird and my brother let me play on his account for a while until I made my own account. This was my initiation into the MOBA world. After gaining a lot of experience with MOBAs through League of Legends, here is my assessment of the game:

Visuals Anyone who slams League of Legends because of the graphics should go look up the term "cel-shaded" because that is exactly how the game is supposed to look. The simpler style of cel-shading allows Riot more free range on the gameplay without being overly taxing on the average gamer's graphics card. Besides all of that, I personally think the graphics give a good presentation. What I wish Riot would do is update the look of a champion every time the splash art changes. I see a number of champions who look exactly like their old splash arts even though there are a number of distinct differences between the texture of the sprite and the design of the splash art representing the champion (e.g. Amumu and Ezreal). I'm keeping in mind the complexity and time required to do so, but it still wouldn't hurt to make a few updates to a champion's texture model as their artwork evolves.

Gameplay MOBAs can be difficult to pick up for gamers who are relatively new to action-RTS types of games like League of Legends. However, since Riot designed the game to be more casual than some of its competing games, it is more newbie-friendly than most. The tutorial also points freshmen players in the right direction in terms of basic strategy and the building of items in a particular set.

Sound The sounds of the game are very well-timed, except there are some instances where some sound clips play out despite the ability getting interrupted part-way.

Ranked Ever since Riot Games mostly abandoned the Elo system in favor of a new league system. Instead of having one giant ladder, players were divided up in groups and placed in different leagues (complete with five divisions each of varying levels) according to their evaluated skill level. Frankly, the advancement is a joke. Supposedly, the "league points" are divided and distributed based on the team's overall skill level and whether they win or lose. However, in the lower-level leagues it is far easier to lose points than to gain them. Players on the forums have repeatedly complained about progression slowing to a crawl while penalties are unfairly large for losses. I'd hate to say it, but I agree with them. It makes no sense to progress through the ranks if progression slows down while ascending the ladder, especially so if rewards pay out the bare minimum for wins (i.e. one or two league points) for higher-ranked players while penalties grow abnormally large (e.g. 20-25 points per loss). Despite the league system still being fairly new, it still suffers from the same problem the old Elo-based ladder had: lack of motivation. Players felt like they weren't progressing on the old ladder due to the large number of players on one ladder. Even though climbing the ladder is somewhat easier under the new system, several hours or days of progress can still be undone with simply one or two losses, thus defeating the motivation to progress. Although Riot's best intentions for the ranked system was meant to encourage solo players, the ladders as a whole still favor pre-made teams.

Balancing Balancing the game is tough work. Just ask the guys at Blizzard Entertainment. :D But seriously, the balancing seems a bit unfair for lower-level players, as it appears that the balancing among champions only come by way of internal testing and feedback from the best professional players around the world. Still, it's better than next to no balancing at all (like Heroes of Newerth). Some champions that many players believe have too much power are either left alone or have superficial nerfs while retaining their overall level of power.

Overall, League of Legends is one of the best experiences in online gaming that I've had (and sometimes the most rage-inducing frustration, but that's eSports for you). It's not perfect, but the game has its merits. Plus, League of Legends boasts the largest number of active players in the world. Not bad for a computer game that's only been out for less than five years.
  94. Sep 4, 2013
    This could be phenomenal if they only balanced it properly.
    This could be phenomenal if they only balanced it properly.
    I'm not even going to bother explaining what League of Legends is; you already know. It's baby's first DotA. What the game does well is being just that. It is easy to start playing and it's not hard to actually get good at the game, provided you give it some time. Every two weeks Riot dishes out a new batch of free-to-play champions. These are the champions that you will be playing with until you can afford to buy your own. Now, the biggest advantage that League has over its competitors is that it's easy to get into it and that is why this system is absolutely idiotic. Some weeks the champions available will just not appeal to the newbie and then they will be forced to try out uninteresting champions until they can finally buy one of their own. The next problem that arises is that you have no idea if you're actually going to like that champion. If you're not buying the cheapest ones then you will have to play countless hours to afford something acceptable and if you then end up not liking that champion then that time will have been a complete waste.
    But if you are rich then that's no problem! In League you can use real-life cash to buy in-game items; ranging from champions to XP-boosters. I really don't have a problem with this, however. You cannot directly use real money to get better at the game. You can't buy +50% damage or something like that so I agree with this business-model.
    The gameplay is essentially fun but it has a tonne of problems. First of all, the game is horribly imbalanced. The difference between the best and the worst champions is vast and this leads to certain champions being played every single game. You don't really have a choice if you want to succeed at the game; the best champions are simply better. I realize that it's difficult to balance so many champions and I don't expect perfection but take a look at DotA 2 for instance. The game has some issues but you can always counter a hero that is generally better than yours. In League there is nothing you can do against a skilled Master Yi or whoever. This needs to be fixed, right now.
    Also, you will master the game quickly. The skill-roof is very low and I had nothing left to learn once I hit level 15 or so. Mistakes are not punished properly as you can always use Flash and teleport to safety. There is no penalty for going back to the Well since you can just teleport there.
    I could go on and on but I won't.
    The game could potentially be fun but when you're having a good game your opponents will just press the surrender button instead of trying to turn the tides of battle.
    If all of these issues are fixed then this is a very good game but otherwise it is average. Run of the mill. Adequate.
  95. Mar 19, 2013
    Interesting mix between RPG and RTS, similar to DotA, except that it is FREE. Yes, you can pay to get items in the game, although most of them can be got by IP or points that you win in the game (except skins, as usual in free games). There are A LOT of champions to choose from, and they keep putting new ones. Updates are almost weekly, which means the developers are constantly patchingInteresting mix between RPG and RTS, similar to DotA, except that it is FREE. Yes, you can pay to get items in the game, although most of them can be got by IP or points that you win in the game (except skins, as usual in free games). There are A LOT of champions to choose from, and they keep putting new ones. Updates are almost weekly, which means the developers are constantly patching the game, which means they do care about the quality. Some champions IMHO are unbalanced, usually most expensive ones (and then banned on tourneys, which doesn't make much sense except for getting money). Some champions are really challenging to play with, with very interesting powers. Other champs look like a remix of others, but this sometimes can be interesting. Time to get into a game for coop is around 5-7 seconds, a bit more for PvP (~20-30 secs). You will find a mixed player base, but too much kiddos for my taste. Expand
  96. Apr 29, 2013
    The biggest downfall so far of this game is the community itself being fairly unwelcoming, and not understanding.
    The game itself however is quite fun to play. The large range of different characters with different abilities keep things interesting, and learning the correct way to play different classes is intriguing.
    Graphics are not particularly impressive, but vibrant enough to be
    Graphics are not particularly impressive, but vibrant enough to be nice. An offline version of this game with AI controlled party members and a potential 'story' to follow would be a lovely way to kill 20-30 minutes when bored.
  97. May 24, 2013
    Will blow you away with its awesome game-play,but as well cartoonish graphics.An awesome MOBA game,but yet the graphics seem to be a bit dated for its release date,but that doesn't matter at all,does it?In addition,the community of the game will rage at you most of the time in the game-play,but this is the game someone could easily get in love with.
  98. Jul 16, 2013
    Only reason this game gets a 6 is because it is free. Really if it was for sale it should get a 4. Reason being is that is incredibly unbalanced and contrary to popular belief is not skill based at all. Which is why the same champions are used over and over in ranked games, simply because 90% of champions aren't viable. That's a serious problem. If you have 5 friends willing to play thisOnly reason this game gets a 6 is because it is free. Really if it was for sale it should get a 4. Reason being is that is incredibly unbalanced and contrary to popular belief is not skill based at all. Which is why the same champions are used over and over in ranked games, simply because 90% of champions aren't viable. That's a serious problem. If you have 5 friends willing to play this game together then maybe you have a chance to have fun, really relying on random people is a waste of time. This is coming from someone with over 865 hours of documented game play with this game. It will disappoint you. If you're looking for a good pvp game get Starcraft II at least it has a decent server. Expand
  99. Jul 29, 2013
    Unfortynately for me after i spend some time playin this game i finally why ppl love it and why i started to play this game less and less:
    - graphics of this game is somewhere in 2009
    - graphics of this game is somewhere in 2009
    - the mechanics is so pure, i joined the league when Brand was a new hero and from that time i'vs started bein sad after every new hero. try to count the number of champions that have those skills: 1) ur NEXT attack will deal blablabla damage 2) after u click QWER ur champion will deal X attack with addiotional dmg; 3) deals of hp maxmissing HP of the enemy; 4) sends smth into ur enemy (skill shot) look at Ezreal he is only this point hero, all 4 abilities are the same. RIOT look at Dota pls and their invoker....
    - cant change nameicon, some-why i have to pay for that (lol wut?);
    - when u play a lot u have 100+ heroes that are mixed in pre-match lobby, RIOT look at DOTA and let at least to the players group the champs as they want!
  100. Oct 12, 2013
    fun game if you can stand the god awful fan base and the whiny kids that think every champion they cant kill on there first try is "over powered", dont play this game if you arent ready to play with some of the rudest wannabes youve ever met.

1. Aug 5, 2013
    I find that with League of Legends, Riot has cultivated one of the most unique spaces in gaming history—mostly for good reasons but also for some awful ones, and in the gaming museum of the future, League is sure to have its own wing.
  2. Pelit (Finland)
    Nov 15, 2011
    League of Legends handles well the worst problem DOTA has: its autistic n00b-hating elite players. Thanks to match making, now we weaklings dare to play. [Nov 2011]
  3. Feb 1, 2011
    Improvements are constantly being updated and although team mates make or break many matches, there is genuine fun to be found.