5.6

1. Oct 13, 2010
    Easily the most fun I've had in a MOBA ever. The lore, the champions, and the community are all great. There are frequent fun updates and the developers really know how to keep contact with their community.
  2. Yax
    Oct 26, 2010
    I've been playing this game for a while, and no, it's not just a mod. The graphics are a bit low poly, but when 10 people are fighting each other onscreen at once with lots of particle effects you don't want to be chug because of the trees, terrain, or mobs being too high res.

The game runs very smooth and that's what counts with a PvP game or a MOBA. There are tons of champions to

The game runs very smooth and that's what counts with a PvP game or a MOBA.

There are tons of champions to choose from and half the fun is learning all of them. I highly recommend this one.
  3. Sep 26, 2014
    I have been playing this game for about one year ant it never bores me. I play all nights with my friends like casuals and we have the most fun! This game may be needing graphics like some say but riot will soon implement a new map, Also the community isn't that bad almost all games are acceptable but the possibilities of having a rager are high. Some people can't control themselves andI have been playing this game for about one year ant it never bores me. I play all nights with my friends like casuals and we have the most fun! This game may be needing graphics like some say but riot will soon implement a new map, Also the community isn't that bad almost all games are acceptable but the possibilities of having a rager are high. Some people can't control themselves and rage but that is not a problem of the game, that's a problem of the human himself .And by the way riot does the most possible to ban the ragers that troll using different methods like leaverbooster for afk or tribunal for negative and players that harass others. The "good" half of the community is very active in reddit and is helping riot finding bugs or they are giving requests and ideas that could improve the game. Finally i think this game will have a lot more years of activity and will be updating frequently with new gamemodes and champions every month or every 2 months. Expand
  4. Aug 28, 2014
    I have to say that the users who gave this game a bad review don't know what they're talking about. This game is a highly competitive one and requires putting time and effort into learning it. It demands more than a casual approach if you want to fully enjoy the game. League of Legends doesn't have a competitive scene with year round tournaments sponsored by big companies with attendanceI have to say that the users who gave this game a bad review don't know what they're talking about. This game is a highly competitive one and requires putting time and effort into learning it. It demands more than a casual approach if you want to fully enjoy the game. League of Legends doesn't have a competitive scene with year round tournaments sponsored by big companies with attendance in the thousands in each event for nothing, and it doesn't get its praise from what the users describe as "bad graphics" or "that one guy on your team who thinks he's better than everyone". Part of the challenge is prevailing despite this one team mate, often not limited to just ONE team mate.
    Not everyone is built for this game, as it requires many countless hours to learn and an even greater number of hours still to master. I highly recommend this game for people who are looking for a challenge and don't back down at the first sign of intimidation and frustration.
  5. Sep 9, 2014
    The most popular MOBA of all time, hell, most popular game of all time. Does it live up to its name? You bet it does.

LoL does a lot of things right, and several things wrong. Firstly, it's popular and has a lot of content, and on top of that, it's free to play. It is accessible and has a reasonable business model which encourages a lot of gameplay for the player. The game now

The game now features over 115 heroes that can be customized with mastery "talent" trees and "runes" which let you empower your hero in different ways.

The complexity of the game is just perfect for both casual and competitive players, although most HoN and DOTA players would disagree and bash the game for being "too casual". But in my opinion, Riot really did remove the features that seemed to hinder the fun aspect of MOBA games (eg. denying your creeps).

The game also features unique hero and environment designs, accompanied by great user interface.

The learning curve is still there, and the lack of a good tutorial and explanation of basic gameplay concepts. Also the client that the pre-game lobby runs on is old and buggy, and can really get on the nerves of some people.

I quit LoL a year ago as I have over 1500 hours clocked on it, and it got quite boring and repetitve, and it didn't help that Riot is scared of any major balance changes, and if they do them, they nerf instead of buffing, which gradually makes the game sillier and more boring to play in my opinion.

In my opinion, LoL is the best "all-round" MOBA experience, featuring complex gameplay and strategies without flooding the player with mechanics that hinder the core fun MOBA experience. The lack of tutorial and good lobby client is definitely a con until it's fixed.
  6. Aug 11, 2014
    Constantly being developed, balanced and are very dedicated to their community, this game is not for those who are rubbish, it takes lots of time to adjust to. REMEMBER DO NOT RATE THE GAME BASED ON IT'S HORRIBLE TOXIC COMMUNITY IN LOWER LEVELS, THAT IS NOT LEAGUES FAULT!
  7. Sep 4, 2014
    I may sound like a fanboy, but all the haters have no idea what they are saying.

"Fix EUW! Fix EUW! Fix EUW!" Shut up. The servers are down like 3 times a year, for maybe an hour. atleast for me. "The Game lags too much! Riot cant fix their servers! It's not lagging for me. You probably just play on a Toaster. "This is a P2W!" How? No champion gives you an advantage to the

"Fix EUW! Fix EUW! Fix EUW!"

"The Game lags too much! Riot cant fix their servers!
    It's not lagging for me. You probably just play on a Toaster.

"This is a P2W!"
    How? No champion gives you an advantage to the other Players. No champion is stronger than any other. It's how you play them. It's not a P2W, you're just bad.

"The Community is Horrible!"
    I agree with this point. Yes the community IS horrible, but, tell me ONE online game with a nice community. Thats right. There is no online game with a nice community.

Of course, League is not Perfect, there are Points of it that I hate. But if you hate LoL, don't bring up wrong **** Just shut up and play a different MOBA.
  8. Mar 16, 2015
    League of Legends
    League of Legends
    League of Legends is a videogame played on the PC, it is a part of a genre of games called MOBAs (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena). It is popularly known as LoL and it currently holds the title of most widely played video game in the world. It has over twenty seven million active players daily. It is so large that it has even spawned its own slang vocabulary that every player understands. What would compel such a large amount of people to log in and play the same game every day? The answer lies in its simple yet deceptively complex structure of play. One can compare it to a team oriented version of chess. The old saying rings true, easy to learn hard to master.
    The basic concept of the game revolves around ten players divided into two teams of five players each. These two teams engage in a battle to destroy their opponent’s base, referred to as the “Nexus”. The path to said Nexus is defended by magical towers that will try stop you. In order to overcome this your team must work together with their selected characters, called “Champions” in-game to eventually overcome the enemy team and destroy their Nexus. In order to defend itself, each base will automatically send a number of soldiers into battle, these soldiers are referred to as “creeps”. When creeps are killed, champions are awarded with gold and experience. These are two very important resources.
    Gold allows your champion to buy items such as swords, shields and magical potions. Experience on the other hand allows you to “level up” your character which makes him or her stronger and unlocks access to new abilities.
    The main way to play is the multiplayer mode against other people, but there is also a singleplayer mode where you play against the computer’s artificial intelligence. Overall the real excitement comes from besting your human opponents on the battlefield. Before getting into a real battle against other players the game offers a tutorial that focuses on teaching new players the basics which we have already covered. It’s essential to learn these concepts and more before engaging human opponents in the arena.
    The arena in question is called the Summoner’s Rift, it is the main map where the battle takes place. An average battle will run anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes, the perfect length to have a good time with friends and possibly play another, without taking up your entire day. While in a match there are no breaks or pauses so one needs to pay attention for the duration of the match. The only down time provided to you, occurs when your character dies. At that point you are no longer in control and need to wait for a certain amount of time before being allowed to enter the arena again.
    In a typical match you will find a wide variety of champions that all have strengths and weaknesses. One such champion is Fizz, a powerful fish that uses his trident to quickly strike and dash away from a fight. The key to gathering gold and experience lies in killing creeps and enemy champions, while preventing your own champion from dying. A champion is only as strong as the amount of gold and experience he’s managed to collect. This is where League of Legends thrives, the careful balance between player skill and mechanics. Eventually by playing different champions one will learn how to counter and predict enemy map movements.
    League of Legends is what is called a “free to play game” meaning the upfront cost to enjoy it is nothing, however some parts of the game are restricted until you pay, for instance there are 123 champions in the game but you do not have access to all of them for free. They use a rotation system of 10 selected champions offered for free each week allowing you to try them out before making a purchase. If you fall in love with any of them you can turn your real money into what is called “Riot points” (Riot is the name of the developer). If however you wish to acquire a champion without spending actual money, you have the option of only playing the freely available champions while earning “influence points” for each match. Eventually you will gather enough influence points to trade them for champions. After a few hundred matches it is easy to fall into the temptation and open up your wallet to buy Riot points to speed up the process, after all Riot has to get their money from somewhere, especially since they are advertising it as a free game.
    The developer knows a lot about what makes a team oriented game tick. After your first few matches you learn that communication is key. Riot provide an in-game chat for typing out your strategies, but as it can be hard to type in the heat of battle they have also included a set of warning commands that will visually display icons on the map, this way your team can communicate quickly and efficiently as they seek to take objectives. Alternatively you can use a third party voice chat program like Skype. However most players rely on the in-game chat system.
    The visuals of the game are very cartoonish at first glance, this allows the game to run well on less powerful computers which is another reason why so many people play it. Light hearted actions such as visual gags and special dance moves that can be executed mid game highlight the emphasis on friendly fun, yet a highly competitive environment lies beneath the surface.
    As far as stability is concerned, sometimes players will experience delays as they wait to log in to a match, other times they will encounter visual bugs. Overall Riot spend a great deal of time ensuring that their game operates as it should, with little to no down time. Time is money after all!
    League of Legends is not hard to get into, but quite challenging to master. Updates and patches keep the game well balanced, boosting or toning down the power of various items and champions. Sometimes an update will bring a surprise twist to the game mode, slightly changing the game mechanics or introduce a new champion or changes to the map. In this sense the game is constantly evolving and improving.
    As an example, my favorite alteration to the game mechanics was a mode called “Hexakill”: It allows six instead of the standard five champions per team, leading to some chaotic battles. The mode was so successful Riot extended its duration for an additional two weeks. As in the normal mode, the main objective is to destroy the enemy nexus, but now you had the possibility of scoring a hexakill. Getting multiple kills in this game is one of the most gratifying feelings, the game has something like a sports announcer that will yell things such as “GOD LIKE!” when you slaughter your foes in battle.
    While League of Legends could be considered repetitive in that you always have the same objective and always play on the same map, the variety lies in the champion combinations, their items, and the varied skill level of your opponents. It is a very deep and rewarding game of higher strategy typical of the MOBA genre. No match ever plays out the same way, especially if you are playing with friends. The joy comes from mastering your champions, constantly learning new tactics and honing your skills. Most importantly you need to maintain a positive attitude and play as a team to emerge victorious. You will not win every match, but hopefully you will learn something valuable with each loss. Ultimately I feel League of Legends is a great example of a video game that offers countless hours of entertainment and the possibility of socializing with other people from all over the world, showcasing the best of what gaming and global connectivity can be. In closing, I have finally found a game that I love to hate, it can be a massive time sink, but in the end I am happy to have wasted both time and money on this great MOBA.
  9. Jul 30, 2013
    I've have been playing this game quite a while and I've read most of the reviews saying this game is "pay to win" well its not, its true that the community HAS flamers and ragers that make the game not enjoyable but those people saying that the Dota community is much better I played both games in the past and they are the same there will always be those guys that make you feel bad andI've have been playing this game quite a while and I've read most of the reviews saying this game is "pay to win" well its not, its true that the community HAS flamers and ragers that make the game not enjoyable but those people saying that the Dota community is much better I played both games in the past and they are the same there will always be those guys that make you feel bad and cause you to lose games, now to the champions most people think that champions such as Tryndamere, vayne, mordekaiser, or the new "OP" champ aatrox will never be beaten or countered but its not true each champion has its natural counter or summoner spells such as malphite, exhaust(summoner spell) beat aatrox, anyone with a DoT beat the OP Trynd ult, another thing the game mostly consist of teamwork with different roles for the whole team and there ae plenty of strategies and for those who think it gets repetitive there are many roles to learn and some are harder than the others, and its great to play it with friends althoguth when you hit max level and you go play ranked games the ranking system sucks the elo(player skill level) is messed up and you could win 5 out of 10 games and get put in bronze 5 (worst elo) and your friend wins the same amount of games and he get put into silver 3 (5 being the lowest), if you want to try this game please do and if its not your thing just go on to another game Expand
  10. Dec 29, 2013
    LOL is the best MOBA I have ever played. It is very interesting with wide choice of heroes and great matchmaking. There are a few mods in the game. All of them are awesome.
    Some mods, like ARAM, brings to you a lot of fun. Playing LOL with friends is a great choice hoe to spend your free time when the weather outside is awful.
    Every month Riot Games makes new interesting champs with
    Every month Riot Games makes new interesting champs with their unique abilities. You can customize your champ with the help of a large amount of items in the shop, masteries and runes. 2 same champs can become absolutely different after putting marks, runes and buying items. Also there are 2 additional abilities, which you can choose before every game.
    Play and enjoy!
  11. Apr 3, 2014
    I have played this game for almost 2 years and I never got bored. To be serious, I once played lol for more than 10 hours in a day. I am sure that this game is way better than DOTA2. This game is way easier to play and also everyone can play.

To improve on is that, some people are disturbing the game, playing unfriendly (we call them trolls). The RIOT has to manage people, for example forbidding people playing who had played unfriendly
  12. Oct 13, 2014
    This is a game that really deserves perfect score. Only flaw comes from toxic community, but its not this game fault, that people nowadays are frustrated/plain stupid - nothing developers can do about it. Just mute trolls and report them :)
    Everything else in this game is excellent from great art graphic, excellent ballance, lots of strategy and most of all its addicting and for me its hard to put down - i played it for couple hundreds hours and i still have fun with it. RIOT improves this game constantly, adding new champs, modes, ballance changes etc.
    Its free to play and not pay to win - i strongly recommend You to give it a try. Overall I found my new multiplayer love, like Quake games years ago.
  13. Oct 13, 2014
    I'm playing this game for 4 years now, starting early season 1 and all I can say is that this is an amazing game with a horrible community, but all you have to do is to find 4 friends to play and mute the other team and this is certainly my most important pvp experience I ever found in an online game.
  14. Jul 26, 2013
    This game deserves at least an 8/10. The user score is so low because when the game came out, it wasn't the best game but now the quality is very good. The game is more balanced than it used to be and riot has made league of legends into a beast. I am giving 10/10 to bump the user score but the game is nowhere near perfect.
  15. Nov 1, 2013
    This game is awesome. Really competitive game, Very, very thrilling, you are always learning new mechanics.

The game is full of updates, lots of details in the events, new characters, etc... Best MOBA I've ever played.
  16. Jan 2, 2014
    awesome made game...nice graphics and not too much requirements i give 10 because i like it DOTA is nothing compared with this so i recomend this in order to enjoy playing some MOBA games
  17. Jun 29, 2014
    It seems that most of the commenters are haters and i can understand that. Most of them are hateful DOTA fans, others were just playing at the wrong ELO and others are graphic addicts. I like LOL how it is: Imperfect. the graphics is going to change soon, and the tribunal will be back to enliminate the ragekids and trolls. League of legends gets better by the day, and after the visualIt seems that most of the commenters are haters and i can understand that. Most of them are hateful DOTA fans, others were just playing at the wrong ELO and others are graphic addicts. I like LOL how it is: Imperfect. the graphics is going to change soon, and the tribunal will be back to enliminate the ragekids and trolls. League of legends gets better by the day, and after the visual update, i think it will outrun DOTA. I've played DOTA for nearly 1 month and i found it incredibly un-optimalized. But hey, that's just my opinion. Nonetheless, League of Legends gets better and better and i just can't wait for the updates. While in the beginning LOL had crappy graphics, imbalanced champs, and lots of bugs, today it is the best MOBA you can have. (For Free!) Expand
  18. Oct 4, 2014
    Who gives a **** about ratings when it comes to games like DOTA, Smite or WOW. When you look at the bottom rating, you will see that people are **** about the community. They have the rights to do that but, **** people is already a big part of today's LoL community. Look at people **** about everybody an d everything but doing literally nothing in a game. Thing that he or she is too muchWho gives a **** about ratings when it comes to games like DOTA, Smite or WOW. When you look at the bottom rating, you will see that people are **** about the community. They have the rights to do that but, **** people is already a big part of today's LoL community. Look at people **** about everybody an d everything but doing literally nothing in a game. Thing that he or she is too much for a "noob team" like this.

Well, there are nice people too. But most of the time, you don't give a **** about people. You try to play this game right, better, and that's the purpose of it. Winning a game is something, but putting out some great moves, learning your character, or even failing is really fun. You can say the same for probably all moba games, but what makes League that good is its simplicity, and the versatility of the game. Every character has a different mechanics, playstyles, and actually creative ways of using spells unlike dota (sorry Russians). This game will never get repetitive. New champions, playstyles, builds... and new people, new flamers, kids, sociopaths etc.

****ing your life since 2010.
  19. Mar 15, 2014
    Un très bon jeu, j'ai du y jouer plus de 1000 heures. Il est vraiment addictive et malgré les 3 maps qu'il y a dans ce jeu, il y a une infinité de gameplay possible grâce a plus de 115 personnages différents. Et parmi ces personnages vous en trouverez au moins qui vous correspond le mieux, il y a des personnages plus facile a jouer que d'autres mais tout aussi puissant.
    De plus, vous
    De plus, vous n'avez pas besoin de payer pour gagner mais vous aurez du contenu additionnel qui vous permettra de choisir une meilleur apparence pour votre personnage favori.
    Pour finir, je dirai que le matchmaking et vraiment bien fait, et vous tomberez forcément (à 95%) sur des games équilibrés, plus un tribunal très bien fait qui punis les joueurs qui s'absente trop souvent ou qui ont un mauvais comportement.
  20. Oct 22, 2013
    I wrote a review at the bottom but then I decided this game only needs one sentence.
    This is a lovely game and a lovely idea. The developer actually does care about this game and some of the negative comments here are just ludicrous. Games like LOL/HON/DOTA et al will never be perfect, but with LOL I feel like it is as close as it is going to get. Most of the bad reviews are from flamers and the 6,3 user score is a travesty as this game is FREEEEEE and could easily be sold.
    And yes I still ended up writing more then one snetence.

((((LOL deserves a 10/10. Why you ask? Well the only game I have ever played more then LOL is WOW. I still play league and it is FREEEEEEEEEEEE. You can play this game for free and NEVER EVER have to spend any money and still get the same experience as everyone else.
    Riot are a great company who try and balance an incredibly hard game to balance. They love their game and are constantly improving it.

The good:
    Good graphics, great gameplay, free, easy to play with friends, introduction of different modes and ideas. LOL is just a must have

The bad: The community. Not all of it., not all of them and RIOT is doing its best to deal with it, but you can't beat nerd rage.

AND it is better then DOTA 2 in MY opinion. Try both though to make up your mind. There is no rule saying people can't enjoy/play both. But DOTA 2 isn't for me. And people who say DOTA 2 is much more complex and that makes it better blah blah....ignore them. I ffound DOTA 2 to be needlessly convoluted and in no way more complex. LOL feels more polished))))
  21. Feb 5, 2014
    Not many possible spells to cast, is much more fun when playing with friends. All around a great game that challenges the summoner to gear the champion and use strategic spell combinations in order to survive.
  22. Oct 7, 2014
    Addictive game that you will never get sick of. Always new features added to mix things up, and ranked gaming allows you to strive for something. Highly recommend.
  23. Sep 1, 2010
    LoL is a brilliant game that provides a very unique experience to me. Each champion is unique to master, and the battles are always exciting. It's not without it's flaws; it can be frustrating at times, and there are usually balancing issues when new champions and such come out, but the creative team are clearly very dedicated to making the game a fun and challenging experience.
  24. Mar 27, 2012
    League of Legends delivers a generally good MOBA experience. Starting with the faults, the game has a rather large learning curve, but that is part of its charm. The developers are slightly greedy, as it takes absolutely forever to unlock new champions for free. The game is generally balanced, meaning it is not pay-to-win, thankfully. The community is pretty bad, but there are plenty ofLeague of Legends delivers a generally good MOBA experience. Starting with the faults, the game has a rather large learning curve, but that is part of its charm. The developers are slightly greedy, as it takes absolutely forever to unlock new champions for free. The game is generally balanced, meaning it is not pay-to-win, thankfully. The community is pretty bad, but there are plenty of E-Sports events associated with the game, and watching the competitive matches is great fun. The champion roster is huge, and new champions are released quite often. People who play this game are generally very dedicated to it. As a final summary sentence, League of Legends delivers a fantastic online MOBA experience. Expand
  25. Jul 10, 2011
    This game is simply wonderful. The only downside that I've really seen to the game, is that due to it's free to play business strategy, they release champions at a very costly 6300 IP (Influence Points - earned by playing games and participating in the tribunal). 6300 IP will take somewhere in the range of 50-75 games to get. Games on average are approximately 35 minutes, but can go asThis game is simply wonderful. The only downside that I've really seen to the game, is that due to it's free to play business strategy, they release champions at a very costly 6300 IP (Influence Points - earned by playing games and participating in the tribunal). 6300 IP will take somewhere in the range of 50-75 games to get. Games on average are approximately 35 minutes, but can go as long as an hour.

There are champion bundles that can be purchased for similar prices of other, cheap games. This allows you to have a decent collection of champions when getting right into things.

People need to understand that creating these games costs money. The business requires a method of generating income. Anyone complaining that Riot Games makes it more desirable to purchase Riot points than it is to generate influence points needs to rethink this topic.

It should be mentioned that no specific benefit is gained by purchasing riot points. They cannot be used to give an advantage over free players. The only benefit to spending actual money is that you do not need to spend the time.

New champions are released every two weeks. The second week they are out, they put up as Free to play for one week. They rotate champions on a weekly basis, ensuring that all of the roles are filled by free picks (support, dps, tanky dps, tanks, mage, etc)

Someone who does not have the expendable income to spend on the game, and also does not have much time to play, will need to be content with the free champions until they find one that they truly want to play as their main champion and purchase it.

It should be noted that most players tend to stick to 3-6 champs that they play most often.

A great game. A great price. A great business model.

I recommend this to everyone I talk to that plays video games.
  26. May 27, 2011
    This game successfully follows up as a more casual form of the all time favorite DOTA, providing a plethora of champions to choose to fight as. Because of the DOTA roots, its shares its troubles, but improves upon the system and creates a fun game to play. Because it is free to play, one must remember that the first few levels are filled with more trolls or quitters than at higher ranks,This game successfully follows up as a more casual form of the all time favorite DOTA, providing a plethora of champions to choose to fight as. Because of the DOTA roots, its shares its troubles, but improves upon the system and creates a fun game to play. Because it is free to play, one must remember that the first few levels are filled with more trolls or quitters than at higher ranks, but their new tribunal system which allows players to vote on the guilt of those reported will do much to combat this. Overall, a fun game, especially at the price of free. Expand
  27. Nov 2, 2013
    Muy buen juego, bastante balanceado, la compañia riot games es super transparente, tienen servidores en varias partes del mundo, lo que lo hace un juego bastante agradable.
  28. Jun 29, 2014
    I play this game for almost 3 years. One of best games i ever played. And I cant belive how someone could actualy hate on one of best games ever. Realy, I wonder where all those objective reviews comes from ...
  29. Jun 30, 2014
    People are saying that some of the characters are OP (overpowered), yes some are somewhat easier than others but if your good and spend more time learning what the characters do you can say their pretty much equal just not on the the same area, like some are good on the beginning, some are good at other lanes you just need to know where to put the characters in the map and timing is anPeople are saying that some of the characters are OP (overpowered), yes some are somewhat easier than others but if your good and spend more time learning what the characters do you can say their pretty much equal just not on the the same area, like some are good on the beginning, some are good at other lanes you just need to know where to put the characters in the map and timing is an important thing.

LOL vs Dota 2:
    I've been playing Dota 2 and LOL, which one is better? well i would say it depends on the person, i personally like LOL more cause its clear where you are and the map isn't as big. What do i mean by that? Dota 2 has a more darker gameplay, the minions / creeps are bigger than LOL, and the characters aren't highlighted that much, this leads to not knowing where your character is and you can click on minions / creeps losing your character while in LOL the place is clear, it has more light in it, the characters are popping out a bit , and the minions are small, so you can focus on watching the enemy team and knowing the right moment to attack and you always have your character's life on screen and can get back to him / her anytime, another thing is the map is not that big and not much other things (trees, cliffs, etc) so its more clear where you are. They are even planning to change the whole area so that you can see more when your battling and even know where you are without looking in the map (i know that's sounds stupid but sometimes looking at the map can get you killed.) and they'll clear out some unnecessary things that makes the game look bad. So i definetly recommend LOL.
  30. Mar 5, 2011
    One of the best RTS games in our generation. It is updated regularly and champions added regularly. There are very many champions currently with different ways of play style such as Attack Damage(AD/DPS) Ability Power(AP/Mage) Tank and Support.
  31. Jun 1, 2011
    A truly, worthy successor and standalone of the incredibly popular Defense of the Ancients. League of Legends is by far the most highly addictive MOBA game to date and this is due to the fact that LoL game be played by both Casual gamers and Hardcore gamers so equally without much rabble like that from DotA and HoN. Riot Games went with a more cartonny approach which not only looks greatA truly, worthy successor and standalone of the incredibly popular Defense of the Ancients. League of Legends is by far the most highly addictive MOBA game to date and this is due to the fact that LoL game be played by both Casual gamers and Hardcore gamers so equally without much rabble like that from DotA and HoN. Riot Games went with a more cartonny approach which not only looks great but makes it possible for low-end computers to play as well. The balancing is very good with only minor balance issues but really, its impossible to have a completely balance game with 70+ indiviually unique champions. Overall League of Legend is a remarkably excellent game and is the current dominator of the fued between LoL and HoN. With new champions coming out every 2 weeks, its hard to see this game falling apart. Expand
  32. Jul 20, 2013
    People who aren't used to playing MOBA games will have some trouble with LoL. Those however who have played such games before will find a completely new and inviting world of tactical team-play and quick choice. It is one of those games that can break a players spirit if he gives up before learning all the ropes of the LoL playing style, but those that keep on learning and thriving willPeople who aren't used to playing MOBA games will have some trouble with LoL. Those however who have played such games before will find a completely new and inviting world of tactical team-play and quick choice. It is one of those games that can break a players spirit if he gives up before learning all the ropes of the LoL playing style, but those that keep on learning and thriving will soon end up playing almost nothing else but League of Legends. At the moment it offers over 100 champions and 4 different play styles (3v3, 5v5, Dominion, ARAM) in 4 different maps and a 5v5 ranked queue, which gives you even more motivation to become a better and tactically more profound player. It got me hooked and I think Riot games did a good job with this one. Although the game is not the most original ever made, It has it's own unique lore and offers a more direct and dynamic playing experience than games such as DotA and HoN. A must for MOBA fans. Expand
  33. Jan 13, 2011
    I've been playing this game for over a year now (I was a beta tester for this game) and i would like to say it's awesome, i've had very little to no problems with crashes (Like previous people have been complaining about) it takes little memory resources for my computer (DDR3 RAM 4gb) and i have spent absolutely nothing on the game (I have played roughly 1000 matches on this game allI've been playing this game for over a year now (I was a beta tester for this game) and i would like to say it's awesome, i've had very little to no problems with crashes (Like previous people have been complaining about) it takes little memory resources for my computer (DDR3 RAM 4gb) and i have spent absolutely nothing on the game (I have played roughly 1000 matches on this game all together) and i am still playing it. This is the same with many of my friends (I invite a friend every month or so and try to make them a pro). You can play this casually or competitivly. Paying money gains you little to no advantage (It only allows you to get characters faster) all the characters are balanced (You just need to know how to play them) some are easier than others and that's when misconceptions seem to happen, you can't allow these ignorant people put you off trying this game. (Graphics aren't everything). Expand
  34. Apr 8, 2012
    Free 2 Play! And properly! I played it for 200 hours + and never had a disadvantage for not paying! But there is loads of stuff to buy! My friend already spend 150 bucks and is happy too. Since dominion it is one of the coolest and freshest DoTA child's out there. Its properly balanced, has a lot of different champions. If you want to take it to the max its awful complex but its easy 2Free 2 Play! And properly! I played it for 200 hours + and never had a disadvantage for not paying! But there is loads of stuff to buy! My friend already spend 150 bucks and is happy too. Since dominion it is one of the coolest and freshest DoTA child's out there. Its properly balanced, has a lot of different champions. If you want to take it to the max its awful complex but its easy 2 start with. And if you are not happy with the community stop whining be nice and reports all blockheads and you will find a loot of cool players =) Happy LoL'ing everyone! Expand
  35. Mar 9, 2011
    Captivating and extremely well conceived title. Free to play but almost immediately merits some kind of compensation. It won't be long before you are wanting to pay Riot Games for their effort and thankfully, their micro-transaction store is second to none.
    Lots of different ways to customize your game with Runes and Masteries, loads of heroes with new ones added almost weekly. I'v been waiting a long time for a game like this.
  36. Ty-
    Apr 17, 2011
    Firstly, how can you argue with free. Even if you don't like it, you never had to pay a thing to try it. That doesn't matter though because the game is awesome, fun and easy to play, difficult to master. What more could you really ask for in a game?
  37. Jun 18, 2013
    This game is forever evolving. And the developers have shown they can change and adapt well. As much as they player base changes and evolves the developers do as well. Some of the people who worked on the First DOTA game for WC3 are still working with Riot Games now, and have greatly improved their focus in design.

Art team is extremely passionate and does their best as well both

Art team is extremely passionate and does their best as well both making new standards and updating the older work from when the company was very tiny.

Voice acting is pretty spot on. They pull from the LA bunch so they have a good pool of VOs

Unlike most games there is actually a player behavior TEAM. Negative player experiences are met with punishment while allowing for players to reform their behavior at the same time.

The only dislike is perhaps the time it takes to get characters in game without spending obscene amounts of money or time. But if you like the game, that will come in time using in game currency.

The game has a fairly hard learning curve, but of all the MOBAs it is perhaps the smallest one out there, with tons of player made guides and tips, there is plenty to get anyone started.
  38. Nov 19, 2012
    League of legends is probably one of the most played games of this generation. Has it earned its reputation or is it just a waste of time? League of Legends (LoL) is an Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA) game with 3 game modes. The first and main mode is Summoners Rift, where you fight in an 5 vs 5 battle. Your team has to pick from a roster of over 100 characters. These would includeLeague of legends is probably one of the most played games of this generation. Has it earned its reputation or is it just a waste of time? League of Legends (LoL) is an Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA) game with 3 game modes. The first and main mode is Summoners Rift, where you fight in an 5 vs 5 battle. Your team has to pick from a roster of over 100 characters. These would include roles such as damage dealers, tanks, supports and many more. With your chosen team, you have to defeat the enemy and take down their base. The second mode is Twisted Treeline, which is like Summoners Rift but 3 vs 3 players. Dominion, which is the last mode is more a "capture the flag" game where you have to take controll over 5 towers before the enemy. While everything is fun, it is Summoners Rift that will probably hold your attention the most. One of the more common complaint is the lack of map, only one per game mode. But its exactly like saying that football needs different maps.Outside the whole battles, you will still have much to plan. Each and every level - up to 30 - you will gain, IP, a rune and masteri slot. Ip is the currency which you buy characters and runes for. Runes are improvements like higher damage, faster attack speed etc, and masteries are like runes but free. One annoying thing is that characters and runes can get really expensive. This is a game which you have to invest many hour to maximise you playstyle. League of Legends has many flaws. But with that said, all of the flaws are ought weight by all of its positive notes. What is broken is usually fixed and new improvements arrives every week. The character selection and all the runes and masteries can become overwhelming, but you will learn the use of everything. What can sour you experience however are players who know nothing about good sportsmanship and teamplay so it is recommended to play with a pre-made team of friends than strangers. But all in all, its a fun game and the part best of all, it is absolutely free, so there is actually no reason to complain about the game and its content and it has earned its status among the people Expand
  39. Jul 21, 2013
    This is a better game than Dota2 if you want to compare it with that. Reasons, the shop interface is better, it allows you also to specialise you play style according to your role with masteries and runes. Furthermore it contains enough champions that can be free purchased. The game offers no benefits to people who pay, the only benefits it give to people who do purchases could be goodThis is a better game than Dota2 if you want to compare it with that. Reasons, the shop interface is better, it allows you also to specialise you play style according to your role with masteries and runes. Furthermore it contains enough champions that can be free purchased. The game offers no benefits to people who pay, the only benefits it give to people who do purchases could be good looking skins and faster champ unlocks, however the champ rotation and the cheap starter champs that are as strong as the more expensive ones make this game fair and balanced. Reason why their e-sports are so much viewed. They also regular release new content and champions, also containts a good background storyline and the in game play also offers unique champions with there own skill shots. The customer support is also good, i can tell out of experience, because I once got hacked and the hacker changed the e-mail adress of the account. Thanks to their customer support I could recover it within 3days. The only minor issue is one that League of Legends can't help; the community, for example certain young players ragequit, flame, suicide, or quit because they have to eat/sleep and It feels like the tribunal doesn't punish these players long enough Expand
  40. Oct 21, 2014
    I've played very close to 1100 hours of this game by now, and that number is only going up. You'll only ever know you enjoy it if you play it and try for yourself. For me, that absurd amount of time should speak for itself.
  41. Jul 20, 2014
    I've enjoyed playing League of Legends the last couple of years, and this game never get's old. It's balanced pretty well, and the devs are constantly fixing bugs and balancing the game as they add new content, such as more Champions.
    It is a really addictive game to play, and alot of fun with friends. You can form a ranked 5v5 or 3v3 team to play in a competetive ranked match.
    Pros

Pros

- Good learning curve for new players
    - Addictive game
    - Fun with friends
    - Ranked system
    - Every champion can be bought for in-game money (Rest is purely cosmetic skins you can buy for irl money
    - Balanced game

Cons

- Sometimes (Sometimes very often) you encounter players that doesn't care about your team and starts trolling (Feeding on purpose etc)
    - Games can be extremely frustrating because of what i've mentioned just above
    - Alot of people is smurfing (Having a lvl 30 account, then making a new one) making it hard for new players to find the game fun at times.
  42. Jul 20, 2014
    As a game, this is near perfect for me. The playerbase is at times extremely hostile, but the game itself is very good. This is one of the best games to play with friends.
  43. Jul 21, 2014
    League of Legends is a fantastic game. Most reviews here seem to be focused on the graphics. Why? There is absolutely nothing wrong with the graphics, (sure they aren't 10/10 but this allows people with 'not-so-good' PCs to play.) the game can still look awfully pretty. While there are few maps and game modes they don't seem to get boring, (I've owned LoL for over a year). And while theLeague of Legends is a fantastic game. Most reviews here seem to be focused on the graphics. Why? There is absolutely nothing wrong with the graphics, (sure they aren't 10/10 but this allows people with 'not-so-good' PCs to play.) the game can still look awfully pretty. While there are few maps and game modes they don't seem to get boring, (I've owned LoL for over a year). And while the game doesn't seem very appealing at first you'll soon get addicted. Unlike most free to play games, this is NOT a pay-to-win. Sure, you can use real money to get things faster, but it really doesn't take too long to get the characters you want. Not only this, but each week plenty characters are free allowing you to test them before buying them. Overall this is a great game, and the only reason I'm not giving it a 10/10 is because of the community. Almost every game you'll get into will be full of someone raging, or someone purposely feeding. This isn't really Riot's fault, but they could at least cracking down on these users. Expand
  44. Jul 31, 2014
    Most of the reviews here are just flat outdated. After nearly 5 years of constant updates, the game is at an almost perfect state of balance, minimal server downtime, and a growing community that gets way too much criticism for what it is.

Riot has been constantly balancing champs, and even gives you the option of banning a champion if they are overpowered or hard to play against.

Most server downtime is caused by updates that occur at 3 am

If someone is bothering you, you can mute them, and report them to possibly be temporarily banned, muted, or, if they have a history, permanently banned.

Also, match making works fine now, no longer uses ELO, much more accurate

Only thing keeping it from 10 is that it is a hard game to learn, but riot is working on that too
  45. Oct 23, 2014
    League is the best free to play MOBA out there. Developer Riot continues to patch, upgrade and surprise their players. A lot of game modes and a constant flow of new characters and skins make this a game to be played for years to come.
  46. Oct 23, 2014
    This game is an excellent game. If you're interested in getting better perhaps you should check out Challenger Support player Benign Sentinel's stream. He's extremely helpful, knowledgeable and positive with a wide range of characters. Check out his stream at www.twitch.tv/eroticles
  47. Mar 18, 2011
    Best played in a competitive nature. Takes some time to get used to mechanics but once you do its fun and you lose hours playing. The game is free and you gain pretty much no advantage spending money on this game. (Unless you count skins as an advantage)
  48. May 3, 2012
    It's Warcraft III's Defense of the Ancients custom game on massive steroids. The graphics are good, the customization is deep, the pricing is free. What more could you ask for? This game is near perfect. It won't be for everyone, however. If you're unfamiliar with DOTA, this is basically a Real Time Strategy melded with a 3rd-Person Action/RPG (think simplified Zelda or Fable games).It's Warcraft III's Defense of the Ancients custom game on massive steroids. The graphics are good, the customization is deep, the pricing is free. What more could you ask for? This game is near perfect. It won't be for everyone, however. If you're unfamiliar with DOTA, this is basically a Real Time Strategy melded with a 3rd-Person Action/RPG (think simplified Zelda or Fable games). You fight against another team of 3 or 5 and race to destroy the opposing team's base. That's it in a nutshell, but don't be fooled as this game has plenty of nuance/complexity to keep you from getting the hang of it after one game. For new players wanting to gain a little feel for the game before going head to head with real players with experience, there's a players vs AI mode that will allow you to step up your game without being overwhelmed or yelled at. This is a mandatory option to explore for brand new players to this game world and will greatly benefit you as you'll learn it all faster in a controlled environment. Don't let any of the negative scores deter you, as League of Legends gives free to play a whole new standard of excellence. You'd expect to pay money for this kind of polish and content, but you don't. Check it out! Expand
  49. Jul 24, 2012
    very fun and interesting game. There are players in the game all the time so you are not alone when waiting for a pvp game. As a new comer to this genre it has been really fun..
  50. Sep 4, 2012
    Great game, based off Warcraft 3's Defense of The Ancients, you pick a champion, and fight with them against players or the computer, very addictive, completely free to play. The graphics are a bit primitive, but who cares? The gameplay is fun.
  51. Aug 6, 2012
    This game has only gotten better and better as the years have passed. Been playing for 3 years already, probably for many more. Thank you Riot for making such an amazing game.
  52. Aug 6, 2012
    Riot's constantly improving this masterpiece, it deserves way more than a 7.8. There's a reason it's one of the most popular games in the world right now.
  53. Oct 31, 2012
    Their player base is about 32 million, with 12 million active daily, that's more than Steam and certainly a lot more than the amount of reviews here, it is not a game for everyone and if you suck at it your gonna hate it a lot, some of the problems are with the community, with such a large one you find kids and trolls especially in low elo ranked games, besides that the f2p aspect is doneTheir player base is about 32 million, with 12 million active daily, that's more than Steam and certainly a lot more than the amount of reviews here, it is not a game for everyone and if you suck at it your gonna hate it a lot, some of the problems are with the community, with such a large one you find kids and trolls especially in low elo ranked games, besides that the f2p aspect is done very well and you can't pay to win, its optimized very well and the graphics are nice, this is a moba game not Battlefield 3 so stop complaining about graphics, I have a love/hate relationship with LoL but the game itself is Brilliant, its very rewarding when you win and extremely annoying when you lose. Expand
  54. Dec 24, 2012
    soooooo overrated. This game is repetitive, boring, and frustrating. This game is only popular because it is free and undemanding (in terms of running on computer).
  55. Dec 15, 2010
    This is one the BEST free to play games I have ever experienced. I have played a lot of free to play games over the years and I find one flaw in most all of them - Pay money to win. This is the ONLY game I have seen that paying real money into the game does not mean winning or being over balanced. Anything that is of importance in the way of "getting the edge on the competition" can beThis is one the BEST free to play games I have ever experienced. I have played a lot of free to play games over the years and I find one flaw in most all of them - Pay money to win. This is the ONLY game I have seen that paying real money into the game does not mean winning or being over balanced. Anything that is of importance in the way of "getting the edge on the competition" can be gotten with by playing the game in the free sense. I have not spent a penny on this game and I have never run into someone who can pay their way to victory. Unlike some of the other "free" games this actually makes me want to spend money to buy skins or whatever. If you like this type of game (which I find difficulty placing other than an RPG/Competitve game) then this is your game. Do not hesitate to download this game. Shout out to Riot Games for such an amazing display of amazing game fairness. I am not a big "Graphics! Graphics! Graphics!" person, but I do enjoy turning my computers graphics up to it's full potential when I can. This game is visually pleasing. It's graphic are very good for all the it entails. I like the graphics of the game personally, but it's no FPS detail graphics game when you break it down. The graphics are a bit childish when you play it, but your view of the game being childish changes when you see a Cho'Gath feasting on another character...yes that is blood not katchup. The animation for the movements are very fitting. The only complaint that I have heard from anyone about the movements is that the characters do not turn around, they just move. But hey it doesn't bother me.

When I play video games, I go to options>sounds and turn off the music. I can't tell you how good the music is, but I have not heard any complaints. I do know however that the game sound fit the environment and that the taunts and jokes the characters say can be very funny. I know the action sounds good (to me) and thats all I can tell you.

If you want to try this game, use this link. It'll give me a referral. Thank You
  56. Aug 8, 2011
    League of Legends is a fairly fast-paced MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena). Teamwork isn't completely vital at all times, but teamwork does make the game much more interesting. The free-to-play model makes it easy to pick up and play. The game is constantly updated with new champions. And with the largest update ever on the way dubbed "Dominion" we should finally begin to see a largeLeague of Legends is a fairly fast-paced MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena). Teamwork isn't completely vital at all times, but teamwork does make the game much more interesting. The free-to-play model makes it easy to pick up and play. The game is constantly updated with new champions. And with the largest update ever on the way dubbed "Dominion" we should finally begin to see a large variation in gameplay choices. Many heroes play uniquely, while there are only two choices in regards to maps. This game skimps in some areas while completely excelling in it's strong points. Try it out, it's free. Expand
  57. Sep 18, 2011
    I've been playing League of Legends since August or September 2010.
    I've been playing League of Legends since August or September 2010.
    The game is addictive as hell and it now has tons of champions, about 80 or so. What makes this game different (and imo better) than the original DOTA is the new mechanics they've put in the game, such as summoner spells, runes, masteries, which all allows you to customize your character even before the game starts, allowing players to create their own way of playing certain champions.
    Furthermore it keeps the player addicted, since you want more champions, you need runes to be as efficient as others etc. This is not a bad thing in my opinion, it gives you a goal when playing. And now they are coming up with a new map and they are actually getting way better at balancing the game, so it is more enjoyable. Overall I find the game to be quite fantastic, given it is a F2P game ^^
  58. Aug 21, 2012
    League of legends is just a great game. The challenge to unlock all champions just makes the game playable for a long time, instead of some games that have only few unlocks.
    And its so easy to find a game to participate in, it just takes like 2-3 seconds to find one.
    The games has his downside, but the game play just makes it all up. So that's why i give League of legends a 9 out of 10.
  59. Feb 17, 2012
    Watch out : Highly addictive gameplay. There is champions for every gameplay style you like. Frequent patches which add new content, with explanations of the changing features. Graphics are harmonious and clear. Great to play with friends. Easy to learn to play, hard to master. And come on guys its FREE! Got a few technical problems in the past but it is all set now. On the bad side, theWatch out : Highly addictive gameplay. There is champions for every gameplay style you like. Frequent patches which add new content, with explanations of the changing features. Graphics are harmonious and clear. Great to play with friends. Easy to learn to play, hard to master. And come on guys its FREE! Got a few technical problems in the past but it is all set now. On the bad side, the community is horrible, probably because of the coop gameplay where the failure of one affect the whole team. It gives you a great overview of human stupidity. Expand
  60. Feb 13, 2014
    League of Legends is a MOBA style game and is one of the best online competitive games I've played. It requires lots of strategizing and planning, cooperation with your teammates, quick thinking and ability to time and place actions accurately. It's free to play, and everything gameplay-wise can be earned without paying. It requires a rather fast computer to be able to play effectively,League of Legends is a MOBA style game and is one of the best online competitive games I've played. It requires lots of strategizing and planning, cooperation with your teammates, quick thinking and ability to time and place actions accurately. It's free to play, and everything gameplay-wise can be earned without paying. It requires a rather fast computer to be able to play effectively, and games tend to take a while, so don't play if you can't finish the match. The game is rather difficult to get into, as there is a lot to it to learn and get better at, and it's rather slow going when it comes to unlocking new champions to use. There is a lot of customization involved, so you can definitely use your own play style, but this is also dangerous if you don't know much about what you're doing. Overall, it's a fun, well-designed competitive game, and I highly recommend it to those who have the time. If this review was the most helpful source of information on this game you've found, please refer Tempestrie. Expand
  61. Mar 14, 2014
    I've been playing this game for 1600 hours give or take, and it's a daily game for me, i never had any complains about the game myself other than the champions they add to the game are kinda "overpowered" at start, but they'll fix it, problaby the most negative reviews here are because they couldn't understand that it takes time to learn the game basics. You have to learn to play theI've been playing this game for 1600 hours give or take, and it's a daily game for me, i never had any complains about the game myself other than the champions they add to the game are kinda "overpowered" at start, but they'll fix it, problaby the most negative reviews here are because they couldn't understand that it takes time to learn the game basics. You have to learn to play the champion, you have to learn the map, and you have to communicate with your teammates to win the game. It's a teamplay game, not a game you just can play without saying sh*t to anyone in your team.

Be nice to your teammates and they'll be nice to you.

62. Jul 17, 2014
    The game is a lot of fun and super addictive. The game is now super vast with over 100 different characters to play as. Riot continues to update and revise the game frequently especially when one of the characters is over powered.
    The game is great and really competitive (its also free) so why not try it out?
  63. Jul 16, 2011
    Probably the best DotA style game out there. It keeps everything relatively simple and adds some exciting additions such as masteries and gems. (My account is lvl 30). However, the developers often make some really dumb mistakes. For example - there is a new champion every 2 weeks. There is already an absolutely huge amount of champions and adding more at such a fast rate forces you toProbably the best DotA style game out there. It keeps everything relatively simple and adds some exciting additions such as masteries and gems. (My account is lvl 30). However, the developers often make some really dumb mistakes. For example - there is a new champion every 2 weeks. There is already an absolutely huge amount of champions and adding more at such a fast rate forces you to keep playing or get lost with patches and new champions (like World of WarCraft). The devs always change things that dramatically change the game. If you take a 3 month break, you'll come back to a different game. This rapid champ addition makes it really hard for new players to become familiar with the game even after its confusing mechanics. If you can deal with the very large learning curve, then LoL becomes a really fun game. I highly recommend it. Expand
  64. Aug 25, 2011
    Good game, best MOBA to date. Sometimes it has problems with the servers, but you always get a "reward" for your patience- sometimes even in-game currency which you'd usually have to pay for.
  65. Jul 11, 2011
    One of the better games I have played in a long time. The graphics aren't the best, but they do not detract for the gameplay, and Riot Games is currently working to update the graphics later on. However, the graphics and the UI are very clear-cut do a great job in making everything in the game visually easy to understand. LoL also has an excellent pay model, allowing users to purchaseOne of the better games I have played in a long time. The graphics aren't the best, but they do not detract for the gameplay, and Riot Games is currently working to update the graphics later on. However, the graphics and the UI are very clear-cut do a great job in making everything in the game visually easy to understand. LoL also has an excellent pay model, allowing users to purchase champions and cosmetic skins with actual cash, while still allowing said champions to be purchased through earned in-game currency, and keeping anything that can affect actual gameplay (runes) obtainable through in-game currency only. Riot Games also releases updates and adds new champions on a biweekly basis to keep the game balanced to the best of their ability. Riot Games interacts well with its userbase and listens to community feedback to prioritize balance issues. League of Legends is a worthy DotA successor and is definitely worth trying out. Expand
  66. Sep 24, 2011
    Incredible game, far superior to any other MOBA on the market at the moment. Graphically it is dated, for those of you who have seen any of the DotA 2 Gamescom competition footage, League is by far not the prettiest game out there. However, it does easily outshine Heroes of Neweth graphically. It is suffice to say that LoL's graphics suffice and the cartoony, bright style works well andIncredible game, far superior to any other MOBA on the market at the moment. Graphically it is dated, for those of you who have seen any of the DotA 2 Gamescom competition footage, League is by far not the prettiest game out there. However, it does easily outshine Heroes of Neweth graphically. It is suffice to say that LoL's graphics suffice and the cartoony, bright style works well and character models and skins are all very well rendered. Gameplay wise there are few game modes, 5v5, 3v3 and then bot, ranked and custom modes. While there are functionally only two playable maps; Summoners Rift (either Autumn or Spring skinned, Winter skinned at Christmas time) or Twisted Treeline (no skins for this map) the addition of added game rules adds longevity and the existence of both beginner and intermediate bots provides an excellent training ground for new players or even old players who seek to try new builds in a non-competitive environment.

Which brings us to the community, LoL unfortunately is beginning to suffer from aggro-creep not at all dissimilar to what infects the HoN community. While all new players begin at level one and through playing games acquire in game currency (which can be spent on a number of things in the store) one can chart the level of a player according to behaviour, the closer to 30 a player seems to get the more intolerant of mistakes they become in their team mates and themselves with losses often getting a curt GG or silence.

The developer though attempts to regulate this behaviour by providing a report function in which any aggrieved player can report other players who have caused problems or been antisocial and a highly motivated player support team on the part of the developer reviews these game logs and hands out bans or cautions appropriately. In fact so vigilant are these guardians of propriety that the LoL community should be more accurately described as 'Passive Aggressive' with the majority of players often settling for curt, snarky comments out of fear of the ban hammer. Regardless it helps prevent the rise of the trolling culture found in many other competitive games like CoD, HoN, Halo, etc.

Gameplay wise the development team is constantly tweaking heroes attempting to find just the right balance for gameplay, this doesn't always work but as it is a never-ending process it doesn't really matter except in extreme cases (like Evelynn). Otherwise the game is a very much tweaked version of the original DotA and the average game lasts anywhere from 20-90 mins (in extreme cases), with the option for either team to surrender after the 20min mark.

This game is free to play but you must pay real currency to obtain skins for champions - functionally just a vanity item. I would (and have) recommended this game to anyone with a love of deep strategy and skill, it far exceeds anything else on the market currently and in all likelihood will continue to shiny brightly even when DotA 2 releases.
  67. Oct 18, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I've been playing this game since early preseason 1. This game has evolved tremendously, and the producers deeply care about the community. The game is more teamwork oriented then other games of its nature, but it is also possible for a person to win the entire game. Despite the forum posts about how "overpowered" a champion is, the game is insanely balanced. Allowing a draft-mode normal and custom match system has produced a practice system for new players. The game interface is extremely user-friendly and simple to figure out. The tutorial is also fairly thorough about gameplay, along with the free champion rotations allowing you a diverse number of people to attempt to play. The game is constantly recieving updates to remain balanced and introduce new champions to play. Also, riot is a very community oriented company, despite people believing it is trying to maximize revenue. Any money spent would not produce a significant advantage to gameplay, so you can not buy power in this game. Expand
  68. Jun 5, 2012
    I love gameplay, fast and fun. it's free to play and if you want you can shop skins for heroes. you can use a lot of heroes for free. Graphics is ok. League of Legends is an amazing game similar Dota.
  69. Jan 23, 2011
    Some critics need need to re-review this game. I've been playing League of Legends since May 2010 and this game has been completely transformed since then. The developers keep the game updated regularly with patches coming out every two weeks to add new content and address bugs and other problems with the game. I highly suggest you try this game out.
  70. Oct 24, 2012
    League of Legends is a brilliant MOBA that makes you cooperate with your teammates to defeat the enemy team. Free to play, endless fun, a lot of heroes, great balance, and also one of the most popular games right now. You can spend your money to insta-unlock the heroes or to buy them beautiful and artistic skins.
  71. Jan 4, 2014
    I would highly recommend this highly popular moba that is driving forward the genre overall not Dota 2. The game is fun to play with friends and is a blast if you decide to play it competitively thanks to ranked que. Yes the games community can be frustrating but that is not from the games fault. The amount of hours I have played on this game is insane and the best thing? Its free!
  72. Jul 12, 2014
    This game contains more than a hundred different heroes, 4 very different maps and a horrible community. The game itself is amazing. It's really well made and the champions are unique and most of them are fun to play. The only problem with this game is that most players act like retards. But as long as you just mute the scumbags you will love it.
  73. Apr 26, 2012
    Very good game a Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA). However, differs from other games of this type such as Dota 2 or HON, because here there are not any statistics, but it is clearly formulated Ability Damage or Attack Power. In addition, the game mechanics are not difficult to understand, so the game is very popular. In addition to constantly add new things to the game as objects,Very good game a Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA). However, differs from other games of this type such as Dota 2 or HON, because here there are not any statistics, but it is clearly formulated Ability Damage or Attack Power. In addition, the game mechanics are not difficult to understand, so the game is very popular. In addition to constantly add new things to the game as objects, characters or skins. Expand
  74. Jun 13, 2011
    One of the few games that I never get tired of. Free to play. Nice graphics, though not great. Superb gameplay. Awesome music. Great leveling system. Currently the best moba on the market.
  75. Jul 6, 2011
    Perfect, simply perfect. The guys from DoTA really outdid themselves on this one, and it shows exactly how much they were aware of in the industry and the fan base when they laid this thing out.

The graphics are exactly as they should be, slightly cartoony, but they make low-res look good. The entire feel of the interface, the characters, the animations and particles, all of them fit into exactly what you'd think of for a game like this. The characters feel like toons, which is exactly what they are, your own personal disposable soldiers. The gameplay is spot on, not a single beat missed anywhere. The action is easy to get into and yet still engaging several hundred hours in. The developers are very in-tune with the players, paying a lot of attention to their concerns and fostering the first real competitive online game. This one is an instant classic.

Being free to play in this context isn't a bad thing. The fundamental concept of the game, every match being a clean slate full of level 1 players, is such an even and refreshing experience that being a "free" player versus being someone who has dropped hundreds of dollars into the game doesn't tilt the power balance too far, and the makers of the game intend it to be that way. It's completely brilliant on their part.

The only issues I lament right now are the lack of follow-through on the in game reporting system for players out there to ruin the experience, but with such a massive player base, I can't fault them for not being able to handle the hundreds of thousands of reports they get daily. The lack of maps is another issue I hear complained about frequently but I personally don't mind it, although a new map is finally being released Q3 this year.

Ultimately I can't say anything but good about this game, it's #1 on my game selection from the day I started it up.
  76. Mar 3, 2012
    this is a really, really fun game. It's multiplayer only, so it's rough if you expect to learn in single player, but it's a lot easier to get into than DOTA, and its a lot less punishing in feel with a much nicer community. Supposedly its very competitive too. I like the faster pace and greater emphasis on team combat compared to DOTA.
  77. Sep 21, 2011
    For those who feel the need to compare LoL with DotA, this game definitely trumps that. Teamwork, the right in-game build, and the right meta build all contribute to a very strategic gameplay. The fact that there's such a huge playerbase only adds to the fun, though I'd highly recommend playing with friends who know what they're doing over playing random queues. The only beef I have withFor those who feel the need to compare LoL with DotA, this game definitely trumps that. Teamwork, the right in-game build, and the right meta build all contribute to a very strategic gameplay. The fact that there's such a huge playerbase only adds to the fun, though I'd highly recommend playing with friends who know what they're doing over playing random queues. The only beef I have with the game is that you have to grind matches in order to reach the max level, which is unnecessary given the implementation of an ELO system. Expand
  78. Nov 18, 2011
    League of Legends is a wonderful game with a free-to-play option. If you try it and find out you do not like it, fortunately you didn't have to sacrifice anything but your bandwidth to try it out. It is not a game you can just pick up and expect to be good at. Riot releases new champs frequently and constantly patches to create balances and change the gameplay style up a bit.
  79. May 10, 2011
    This game is a freakin' monster. Highly addictive. Riot Games are doing their job very well, up to these days. They introduce a new champion by every two weeks. If you ever enjoyed an AoS style game, then you should try this game. And it's free.
  80. Nov 11, 2013
    Fun game. They need to rework some champions because they get outdated when new ones are released but many fun unique gamemodes. No OP cash shop items. Seriously none at all! that give a huge advantage like other games MWO/WOT. Games are fast paced so if you come from slow MMO's it might be hard to pickup and play like any skill based game. Most people saying classses are unbalanced end upFun game. They need to rework some champions because they get outdated when new ones are released but many fun unique gamemodes. No OP cash shop items. Seriously none at all! that give a huge advantage like other games MWO/WOT. Games are fast paced so if you come from slow MMO's it might be hard to pickup and play like any skill based game. Most people saying classses are unbalanced end up feeding the champion until they are nearly fully build are scream OP... Thats the way the game is supposed to play. Some champions however are better facing other champions just like pokemon its just not obvious like fire/water/earth/grass. Expand
  81. Sep 26, 2011
    A free to play Team-RPG/Tower-Defence game held up by micro transactions. The game however does not hinder your gameplay if you are not willing to make an investment. You only play for convenience and vanity items. The game has a simplistic yet clear graphical style, meaning your weaker computer will be able to play it. Tutorials to help you learn the game, menus are easy to navigate. ThisA free to play Team-RPG/Tower-Defence game held up by micro transactions. The game however does not hinder your gameplay if you are not willing to make an investment. You only play for convenience and vanity items. The game has a simplistic yet clear graphical style, meaning your weaker computer will be able to play it. Tutorials to help you learn the game, menus are easy to navigate. This game also has a pretty good matchmaking system, meaning you will likely play against players of equal skill, the community might be hostile towards a player learning the ropes tho. Expand
  82. Aug 4, 2013
    Love the game. Best MOBA out there, the only negative is the community, but all online games are going that way. No other game leads the Esports scene as much as LoL. Look forward to seeing you on SR. Giving it a 10(would be a 9) because of all the troll 0 and 2's.
  83. Jun 11, 2012
    It's free..... its freee.... its balanced.... its fun.... ITS FREEE..... oh yeah did I say its free?
    Its also fun, but its better to have a group of friends to play with.
  84. Mar 17, 2013
    Very good game, only thing holding it back is us. The people who play the game. Community is good and nice, but also it´s very toxic and immature. But after all. Most people have spent very long time over internet and realized that anonymity can equal bad behavior. I don´t hold riot games for that. Graphics are good, i´d even say for an moba game they are very good. Champion pool is veryVery good game, only thing holding it back is us. The people who play the game. Community is good and nice, but also it´s very toxic and immature. But after all. Most people have spent very long time over internet and realized that anonymity can equal bad behavior. I don´t hold riot games for that. Graphics are good, i´d even say for an moba game they are very good. Champion pool is very solid and creativity is the key. Some hardcore dota fan´s believe Dota 2 is only game worth playing because it was made by the author. League of Legends was made by person who made most popular variation of Dota. Dota all-stars. For a person who has played all "competive" Moba games out there, league of legends is only one that actually counts.
    This game is very easy to start. Make an account, download client, download game with client, update and fire it up. Game itself is very easy to learn, but it´s impossible to master. You can make mistakes, you can lose, you can get better, you have a choice to play this game for free without being in handicap position. You can pay for gadgets, but it´s not must and paying for anything in this game does not make you better. I give this game 9. For overall layout, for Riot games who treats their customers (Both ones who pay and who doesn´t pay) like they would own the game. They do think the players, not just wallets. Most of all, i give this game 9 because it´s awesome game. I don´t take points because part of community sucks. If i did, well all games that requires connection with other people would be deemed bad.
  85. Nov 5, 2012
    League of Legends is fast paced and extremely addictive. There are the constant comparisons made to DOTA, DOTA 2, or HON but LoL is different enough from the other games that it should be considered on its own merit. One of the most attractive aspects of the game is that it is totally free. If you put in the time playing, you can earn enough IP to purchase any item, champion in the game.League of Legends is fast paced and extremely addictive. There are the constant comparisons made to DOTA, DOTA 2, or HON but LoL is different enough from the other games that it should be considered on its own merit. One of the most attractive aspects of the game is that it is totally free. If you put in the time playing, you can earn enough IP to purchase any item, champion in the game. Every week a new selection from all of the available champions are available for free play, which gives you an opportunity to try them out before spending your hard earned IP. The longest wait time I have experienced for a matched game is about 6 seconds and that is at any hour of the day. If you are looking for a fun game that will cost nothing but the time to download, this might be for you. Expand
  86. May 21, 2012
    bloody addictive in a great way. as long as you get a good team its about as much fun as you can get. for a newbie to moba games this is a definate first pick.
  87. Dec 5, 2011
    this game is so well mad that i gave its a 9. super close to 100% perfect. its like 9.5. so good that it is one of my favorite games. its fun, well made, good updates, frequent updates, popular and isnt hard to play on my computer. and best of all, its free! how could you reject this game. it sounds like all of the other MOBA game fans played it just to find faults, because their problemthis game is so well mad that i gave its a 9. super close to 100% perfect. its like 9.5. so good that it is one of my favorite games. its fun, well made, good updates, frequent updates, popular and isnt hard to play on my computer. and best of all, its free! how could you reject this game. it sounds like all of the other MOBA game fans played it just to find faults, because their problem are exaggerated and easily fixable. Bad graphics? get a better computer because you are on low settings. otherwise you are comparing them to Dota, and even still, they are at least good. a champion is underpowered or overpowered? they make it on purpose for some champions to be worse. those are for the better players. the cheap champions are for more noobish players. and in the end, that sometimes doesn't even matter, it all depends on the difficuly of mastering a champion and how good a player is. and if a pro is playing tryndamere then you should be pro enough to the point that it doesnt matter too much, from there on it is just skill. and by the way champs like taric arent mainly to battle. i saw something about buy to win and i facepalmed. you buy skins. SKINS. doesnt make a difference in gameplay. runes are ip only and if you are talking about champ then just stop being lazy and get some ip. 3 maps is by far enough in my opinion. and dont hate the game because of a bad community. i dont know about other moba games but lol is pretty awesome. Expand
  88. Jan 29, 2012
    As a game, it is incredibly fun, numerous improvements have been made to it after release, its microtrnsaction model is successful in not skewing the balance of the game.

The game is very stable, rarely crashes and has a good framerate and artstyle, how it lacks the graphical punch of HoN of the upcoming DOTA 2. However I see this as an advantage, making it rather clear who is damaging who, the spells and abilities being cast etc, etc.

This game also receives updates every 2 weeks, and normally its a new champion or a rebalance, but sometimes they come out with a huge patch.

It is fun, somewhat balanced and easy to get into with the friendliest community you can get from a MOBA game. Riot games has achieved a great community which create great fan art and machinima.

I would give this a 9, but the negative reviews are very scathing and do not include much reasons for their apathy for the game. Nothing but trolls, with a very skewed viewpoints.
  89. Feb 1, 2012
    Fun and addictive, this game will eat up a lot of your time. Only drawback is that there are quite a few unbalanced issues in the game. Riot games has been fixing up these issues quite frequently but some champions it seems that riot games favour too much and does not want to nerf making it frustrating for players to see the same champions in every match due to their "op" stance.
  90. Dec 21, 2012
    This is the new king of MOBAS and will remain so for many years to come. The game always gets updated regularly and the devs are the best out there. They always interact with the community and give the players what they want. There is also a bunch of tournament and an enormous e-sport scene for this game which makes it all that much exciting and fun to watch and play.
  91. May 22, 2012
    League of legends is a great first MOBA for new players looking to get into the game genre. It is balanced to a very good extent, to my personal opinion. It has frequent updates, and Riot Games frequently mixes with their community, and talks with them.

The Game in a graphical standpoint, is relatively weaker than it's competitor DOTA 2, but has it's own style, runs smoothly and shows ques for players with relative easy and simplicity. Riot frequently updates older models and works towards a better game.

Balancing is frequently done, and riot listens to players to an extent. They slowly but surely work towards scaling down or buffing the champions in need. Often players complain about the "OP" champions, but that is generally hype, or lack of counter knowledge. Riot can be slow with updates, and this gets frustrating for some players. Many newer players get easily beaten by the stronger champions who only have counters like team coordination and crowd control, which newer players lack.

The latency and connection issues very infrequently occur, and when they do, they are often fixed quickly. The game is free to play to an extent, and the shop is well run, with a endgame based on rune collection, though it is pretty shallow. It is very expensive to buy skins in league, $10 each is the standard cost, but the cost can be brought down by larger purchases (ironic as that is).

I would recommend this game to newer players of the genre to get used to last hitting and team mechanics.

The MAIN down point of this game is that the general attitude towards other players is very negative, and trolls and unskilled players (Who the inadequate matchmaking system pairs you with) frequent the game, and disconnection is rife.
  92. Mar 21, 2012
    One of the most addicting PC games currently popular League has an active professional scene and support from the developers to constantly improve the gameplay experience. The high learning curve may intimidate new players as the tutorial fails to explain key aspects of gameplay. Nevertheless the is a standout that no PC gamers should miss
  93. Mar 29, 2012
    Disclaimer: Long read, you've been warned

Disclaimer: Long read, you've been warned

I have played this game over extensively and can safely say that I know the game inside and out. I've been playing it for 2 years now and have over 1000 games (which sadly equates to about a month of ACTUAL PLAY time). Thus I can adequately explain the ins and outs, the pros and cons of the game. Starting with what makes the game great, is the overall re-playability value. Anyone that greatly enjoys this game will be able to play it for years because of the constantly changing variety of characters and play style. Characters can be played a multitude of different ways, with each having their own personalized charm. Some characters are downright hilarious with how they work in game, and I can't help but laugh even after playing them for the 50th time. It is a completely free game in that any aspects of getting a "head start" do not exist no matter how much money you spend on it getting purely aesthetic skins. The free champions switch every week to allow players to try out new champions. The in game points are used to purchase champions (permanently) and runes that allow for even further customization of your play style before the game even starts. The gameplay itself is thrilling enough in that I am screaming as I run through the jungle being chased by half the enemy team for my teammates to save me.

My favorite part of the game which I'm sure many people overlook or flat out don't have the chance to experience is how well this game can bring a group of people together. This game is a social experience and it has allowed me to socialize with friends that have gone off to colleges in far off places that I don't have the chance to see much of. Playing this game with friends is what makes league of legends one of my favorite games.

That being said, getting to the cons of the game, if you don't have friends to play with, this game will not be as appealing to you. Me and my friends often joke about "randoms" being these horrible mindless creatures that are typically out to ruin everything, so playing with random people constantly will produce a very inconsistent experience that will probably not be enjoyed.

Also the game has a tremendous learning curve, such that those who are just starting and have not played RTS or MOBA games before will do terribly and be discouraged because of it. Not to be taken as a light game, more on the hardcore side of games.

This game also comes under the realm of games that gears itself towards the male gamer audience, in that the avatars of the female characters sport skimpy clothing and huge breasts, but that's just my philosophical side showing. Overall this game gets a 10 from me based on my excessive love for this game, but I am biased in that I have significant circumstances that make my game experience playing this fantastic. This game is not for everyone.
  94. May 15, 2012
    free to play, new characters to play every 2-3 wks. very addictive and fun. Good graphics. Que times are virtually instant. Good teamwork eithics. 10 all the way
  95. May 17, 2012
    Generally fun and good game, horrible community though. There's a lot of butthurtt, mad, and raging in the game. The game is actually pretty balanced for the most part and this game will eat up most of your time. Possibly the most fun you'll have online.
  96. Mar 20, 2013
    I'm playing it for only a few weeks now, and only because one of my friends insisted i try it out, after bad experience with blizz-DOTA i thought it would be hard for me to like a game type like that, but to my greatest surprise after playing a few games i simply couldn't stop... It really does get more and more addictive and entertaining the more you play. I must say, even dota 2 startedI'm playing it for only a few weeks now, and only because one of my friends insisted i try it out, after bad experience with blizz-DOTA i thought it would be hard for me to like a game type like that, but to my greatest surprise after playing a few games i simply couldn't stop... It really does get more and more addictive and entertaining the more you play. I must say, even dota 2 started to seem a bit more interesting after playing LoL, still i sympathize with LoL much more, simply cause it has motivations, one of the things i enjoy the most is that you actually need to buy your character, not have all of them available from the very start...
    The rune and mastery systems also works for me just great because there is actually a point of leveling your summoner. I do also like the graphics much more then in dota 2 since I'm kinda an anime fan and this style is simply much more enjoyable for me. LoL is also much more newbie-friendly then dota is, it's more simple to figure out, and not that one-sided, even if your getting owned at the start of the game you can actually have a pretty nice comeback and maybe even win after it was quite obviously a lost game, in dota that's almost impossible... if you're getting owned you're getting owned for good.

P.S I'm pretty sure most of negative responses come from haters, like hardcore dota gamers :P
  97. May 22, 2012
    League has a great community with plenty of guides and pros that can help out new players. It is easy to get into and its free. Normal games never get old because it is so competitive and RIOT updates the game very often. I am level 28 out of 30 and I still haven't played all of the champions yet. If you are looking for an addictive, competitive game to get into, League should be yourLeague has a great community with plenty of guides and pros that can help out new players. It is easy to get into and its free. Normal games never get old because it is so competitive and RIOT updates the game very often. I am level 28 out of 30 and I still haven't played all of the champions yet. If you are looking for an addictive, competitive game to get into, League should be your first choice. Expand
  98. May 25, 2012
    This game is excellent. Free to play and have new character from time to time. Never get bored with this game and I definitely recommend this game!!!
  99. Jul 8, 2012
    Well where do I start? This game is for its size both small, yet huge to play. So many choices, and all perfectly made. The graphics are good for this type of game, all worked out in harmony and the gameplay is as good as it gets in this genre. You wouldn't see me playing this nonstop thought. For me, LoL is fun from time to time, mostly playing with a friend, who plays the game moreWell where do I start? This game is for its size both small, yet huge to play. So many choices, and all perfectly made. The graphics are good for this type of game, all worked out in harmony and the gameplay is as good as it gets in this genre. You wouldn't see me playing this nonstop thought. For me, LoL is fun from time to time, mostly playing with a friend, who plays the game more frequently, but when together we could go on for ages. Expand
  100. Apr 2, 2013
    League of Legends is a great game is the game I played the most in my entire life (about 5k games), But why is this game so good? This game basicly changes every 2 weeks, adds new champions, has 4 maps already (thats quite alot for a Moba) and has a great balanced champion pool, what i want to say is that there are only a few champs that are totally bad or too good. Try to balance 100+League of Legends is a great game is the game I played the most in my entire life (about 5k games), But why is this game so good? This game basicly changes every 2 weeks, adds new champions, has 4 maps already (thats quite alot for a Moba) and has a great balanced champion pool, what i want to say is that there are only a few champs that are totally bad or too good. Try to balance 100+ champions, with different spells and mechanics yourself. The Matchmaking is also very good, although I don't know why most people complain here. It's a 5v5 game, where 9 other players play, there simply can't be a perfect system. One thing that I really hate about LoL and why I gave it a 9 is the toxic community.

And now another word to LoL-DotA. Before I played LoL I played DotA alot of times. People say DotA is difficult, DotA is balanced and blah blah DotA is so friggin unbalanced. Unlike LoL there aren't equal lanes. One counters another very hard all the time and you are forced to play passive. Another aspect is the snoballing. The one dieing loses Gold all the time making it very hard to come back into the game, so basicly it's nearly impossible to win, when you lost 2 lanes. In LoL you can comeback even if you lost all your lanes, just by having a good comp or another playstyle. Now to the difficulty. DotA is nowhere more difficult than LoL is. All you have to learn is the time for stupid built-in delay, when you move and the items for the shops. And what I really really hate about DotA is the random aspect. X% chance to stun someone on items and heroes, Dodge, XX-XX damage, random runes etc. etc.. I could say pros for DotA aswell, but I won't as this review is about LoL and my opinion.

1. Aug 5, 2013
    I find that with League of Legends, Riot has cultivated one of the most unique spaces in gaming history—mostly for good reasons but also for some awful ones, and in the gaming museum of the future, League is sure to have its own wing.
  2. Nov 15, 2011
    League of Legends handles well the worst problem DOTA has: its autistic n00b-hating elite players. Thanks to match making, now we weaklings dare to play. [Nov 2011]
  3. Feb 1, 2011
    Improvements are constantly being updated and although team mates make or break many matches, there is genuine fun to be found.