5.6

Mixed or average reviews- based on 2089 Ratings

1. Dec 18, 2014
    I've played this game and i hated it it is always the same thing you click to attack press a button on you're keyboard for magic and that's it. I expected a good game with action. Everyone likes games with chaos.
  2. Dec 15, 2014
    The community for this game is terrible. I've played Modern Warfare and Black Ops all my life and never seen such horrible behavior in as long a chain of matches as this game. Sure you'll run across players that rant all the time in Call of Duty but League of Legends is horrible. Players constantly bickering and arguing against each other. Calling each other names. I love this game butThe community for this game is terrible. I've played Modern Warfare and Black Ops all my life and never seen such horrible behavior in as long a chain of matches as this game. Sure you'll run across players that rant all the time in Call of Duty but League of Legends is horrible. Players constantly bickering and arguing against each other. Calling each other names. I love this game but can't play it due to the community.

Riot seems to favor particular champions as well in the League. Leblanc for instance had her silence removed but her damage and dodging is out of this world. It took Riot FOREVER to do something that seemed so obvious to change. Another example, Darius used to be pretty outrageous. It took Riot a while to balance him because they were afraid of nerfing him into the ground. The problem here is that again they favor their champions and don't do this for someone like Skarner or Eve that were nerfed way too far into the ground and didn't see the light of day until recently.

Oh did I mention that the servers are out of this world as well. I remember a time where the lag wasn't so bad and it was manageable. For me it was around the time of Varus's release and I enjoyed playing him because I could land all of his skill shots. I think about half a year to a year passed by and then it began to just dump and lag was inevitable about anywhere you played. This is probably around the time I switched to mid as my main because I could still play a champ with aoe abilities and have great burst to kill an opponent within those 5 stable seconds of ping. Now, every time I watch my friends play I can't help but chuckle at their demise as they helplessly lag all over the screen. I enjoy a fresh cup of liquid refreshment, kick back and just laugh at how terrible Riot's servers are and at how wise my decision was to stop playing this disaster.

If you enjoy this game and can handle game I would recommend this game to you. If you are in the same boat as me, get easily frustrated at lag, despise a horrible community then I would highly suggest you don't play this game and avoid it.
  3. Dec 13, 2014
    Let's start this by saying I don't care which game came first, which is ripping off the other and so on. So, do I like LoL? Yes, yes I do. Do I love it? God no. The main reasons for not loving it would be the difficulty to differentiate my attacks from the enemy's while on team fights (note that this happens so often, that I've gotten really used to it. But at first it annoyed the heck outLet's start this by saying I don't care which game came first, which is ripping off the other and so on. So, do I like LoL? Yes, yes I do. Do I love it? God no. The main reasons for not loving it would be the difficulty to differentiate my attacks from the enemy's while on team fights (note that this happens so often, that I've gotten really used to it. But at first it annoyed the heck out of me) and the por variety of gameplay. Also, mayority of the players seem incredibly rude, even by Online Gaming standarts The fact that one can report another player simply because of being a "noob" also annoys me. Nevertheless, I find the game to be fun while playing it with friends (not so much alone. Again, 'cause of the masses). Sure, it can be frustrating at times, but it can also be really rewarding other times. Expand
  4. Dec 11, 2014
    I played this game for relatively short period since it's attraction rapidly diminished within single month. The major positive point is definitely marketing strategy - it's free to play. Graphics and music are sound, game style reminds me Warcraft quest missions - storm turrets, duel against enemy's champions, advance towards opponent's base. Resources are simplified to gold whileI played this game for relatively short period since it's attraction rapidly diminished within single month. The major positive point is definitely marketing strategy - it's free to play. Graphics and music are sound, game style reminds me Warcraft quest missions - storm turrets, duel against enemy's champions, advance towards opponent's base. Resources are simplified to gold while champion's are able to spend that gold for different items, I'm sure that sounds familiar to most of gamers.
    Now let's review pros and cons of this particular game -
    Pros :
    1) Good quality of art
    2) Simple control ( 4 major skills are correlate to QWER buttons )
    3) Simple & attractive concept
    4) Broad range of different champions to choose from
    Cons :
    1) Game client is unstable, especially for Mac, game often freezes, crashes
    2) Network protocol is chatty , lags due bandwidth limitations are happens
    3) Free to play concept has a tricky part e.g. powerful champions would cost you real money
    4) Champions are unbalanced, some champion's skills dubious e.g. allows exploits/abuses
    5) Some players exhibits hostile behaviour however game engine does not utilize any means of protection against that. For example players could deprive each other of resources since game does not reward according to efforts e.g. the person who made last blow to monster, enemy champion, tower etc receives rewards instead of sharing proportional to total damage.
    6) Many skills are created specially to give advantage to AI bots e.g. 1 second shield which restores mana upon being broken by enemy spell etc.
    In general, game is really shallow, which is unfortunately provides a huge boost to it's popularity - if you are searching for a long term game this game is probably a bad choice. If you want to enjoy this game, do not hesitate to spent at least 100 dollars for Riot points and do not start from champions with difficulty higher than six :)
  5. Dec 10, 2014
    It's a great game , no need to pay to win. Always updates , champions and championships.
    Only thing is paid skins to beautify the champions .
    All F2P games should follow the model of the League of Legends
  6. Dec 9, 2014
    So I have been playing League of Legends for a couple months now and due to my extensive gaming past or just the fact that I have played 600+ games, I have picked up the game relatively quick. I have not played DOTA 2, which is the other MOBA (Mobile Online Battle Arena), but I have played many other online games including first person shooters, real time strategies, and massivelySo I have been playing League of Legends for a couple months now and due to my extensive gaming past or just the fact that I have played 600+ games, I have picked up the game relatively quick. I have not played DOTA 2, which is the other MOBA (Mobile Online Battle Arena), but I have played many other online games including first person shooters, real time strategies, and massively multiplayer online role playing games, and League is by far the most addictive for me.
    I started playing when numerous friends of mine convinced me to, and they taught me all the basics of the game. That was about all they could really help with before I had to find out the rest for myself because the game has so very much to it. At the beginning the basics seem a little overwhelming but once those are learned everything else just becomes improvements, and there are always room for more, which keeps the player playing. Since every game is against new players it is a different experience every time without fail, as opposed to killing the same computer programed boss every game. What mixes well with this is the myriad of champions that League of Legends boasts, which is up to I believe over 100 now. The champions, or playable characters, leave room for something new every game as each one has different abilities and purposes.
    Most of the fun in the game comes from learning all these champions, and if you’re at all like me, the gain of skill is what makes the game addicting. Since every game you can do a little better and better until you’re the one beating up the other guys, and even then you can just play a new champion and do it all over again until you are great with both. The other variations in gameplay is the different positions, in which different champions excel. There are 5 positions and they each do something very different, leaving room for anyone to find one or more that they enjoy. Even with all the focus on individual gameplay, the game comes down to a team game that is fantastic to play with friends, if you can.
    The biggest problem of the game is part of the community that plays. There are people in every game that just play to make everyone else angry and League of Legends is no exception. There are people who will rage in the chat, run around dying making the game easier for the enemies, or just simply quit mid game. With each game played being composed of 10 players, 1 player can completely shift the mood of the game from something friendly and fun to a waist of time. The majority of the time this doesn’t happen, it’s just when it does it can cut the fun into little to nothing.
    League of Legends is in all a very fun game, especially to those that enjoy skill based games against players. I would recommend it to anyone who has some extra time on their hands and wants a longstanding game to play with friends.
  7. Dec 5, 2014
    Horrible community. Its like all the corruption and evil condensed into one game. And that game is League of Legends. Their community is so horrible and evil. They will make u immadietly rage quit your match and directly unninstalling it. Just like i did just now
  8. Dec 4, 2014
    Ich war anfangs sehr begeistert von dem spiel, schöne grafik und hinter jedem champ steckt sogar eine eigene kleine geschichte, sowas findet man recht selten bei solchen spielen.
    Es den champs (also den spielbaren figuren) die liebe zum detail deutlich anzusehen und man sieht auch das die sich zu jedem champ wirklich gedanken machen.
    Klar ist es unmöglich alles fair zu balancen, dazu
    Klar ist es unmöglich alles fair zu balancen, dazu sind es einfach zu viele figuren.

Das gameplay jedoch ist jedoch recht mager im moment: es nerven die ständigen serverlags, ausfälle und bugs einiger champs gewaltig.
    Und während die spielerschaft in den usa bei jedem ausfall mit champs, skins oder boosts entschädigt werden, zeigt riot der europäischen spielerschaft nur den blanken hintern.
    Ich spiele zwar noch nicht so lange und werde es wohl auch nicht bei den immer schlimmer werdenden lags.
    riot, bitte schafft erst einmal anständige server an damit es ohne lags wieder spass macht, dann wird lol villeicht auch mal in europa populär.
  9. Dec 3, 2014
    I loved this game until they stole my money , i contacted customer service about 35 times in order for them to return my money but they didn't help me out with it, RIOT games rapes people that is what i figured it out so far
  10. Dec 1, 2014
    Not worth the time and effort.

Not worth the time and effort.

There are a number of things wrong with this game as someone who has played since almost beta it has even made me want to leave. There is the 100+ champions you need to learn in order to play. There is their toxic community that makes the game intolerable most of the time. They completely rework the game every season requiring tons of time and effort to relearn the game again. Then there is the automated systems they put in to deal with the toxic game that usually ends up putting you in worst queues due to their own server issues.

I've spent several years playing this game and to anyone thinking about just picking it up now I'd save yourself the time. Unless you're an extreme hardcore gamer who enjoys being trolled constantly and dealing with poor servers and patches. In which case this game is right up your alley!
  11. Nov 28, 2014
    There are many Pro and Cons, the main ones:
    Game is fun with friends playing causally. If you play solo prepare to get disappointed/frustrated as there are many trolls/team griefers. Ranked is very competitive and often the playerbase is very toxic and abusive to bad performances. The graphic just got updated so it's pretty nice. Lots of new updates/Champions to keep the game fresh.
  12. Nov 19, 2014
    League of Legends is really what put MOBAs on the map and brought me into it. Its a great team game to play and has a ton of people constantly playing. You play as champions in 5v5 combat against each other. You get to unlock more champions by gaining in game currency and playing more. The community is known though for trolling and the servers do have its blips too. There's 100+ ChampionsLeague of Legends is really what put MOBAs on the map and brought me into it. Its a great team game to play and has a ton of people constantly playing. You play as champions in 5v5 combat against each other. You get to unlock more champions by gaining in game currency and playing more. The community is known though for trolling and the servers do have its blips too. There's 100+ Champions for a variety of gameplay, and 4 different modes while I believe most of it's played on the 5v5 map Summoners Rift. It has a bit of a learning curve if you're new, especially to people with no MOBA experience. It's a free game, and supported by micro-transactions for skins which are pretty cool. The eSports scene in the game is huge and pretty entertaining as well. The main problems with me in League of Legends is that for a team game there's not enough communication options in my opinion, as well the movement doesn't feel super smooth and at some points you can zone out trying to last hit minions. I also think the map for as long as it's been out needs some adjustments. Overall I believe it's an 8 out of 10 in fun to me it's really fun with friends, but alone I don't feel like a big part of a team and communicating isn't so strong. Expand
  13. Nov 16, 2014
    League of Legends does one thing right: cloning the early laning phase of Dota. The rest of the matches feel like overglorified First Blood fights. I really don't like this game seeing as I've played a much better and more accessible MOBA: Dota 2.

League of Legends is bad because: Toxic Community Hollow strategies and gameplay Lifesteal on almost every character is viable (wtf?)

League of Legends is bad because:
    Toxic Community
    Hollow strategies and gameplay
    Lifesteal on almost every character is viable (wtf?)
    Disappointing graphics
    Excessively raunchy artwork that is used because sex sells
    You have to buy characters just to try them out (you can wait for a character to go free to play for a certain amount of time, but you can't just play who you want to play)
    Riot Points are overpriced and are not worth what you pay for
    About 80-90% of characters that exist in League of Legends copy characters from Dota (Corki/Gyrocopter, Thresh/Pudge, Ashe/Drow...)

I've played over 50 games of LoL and I feel I can make this opinion. In comparison to others of the genre, League of Legends falls behind in lots of categories.

Go play Dota 2, It's a lot tougher; but a much better game than this piece of trash.
  14. Nov 16, 2014
    I guess it's alright for a free game, and some people like it, but if you're anything like me, you'll hate it. Repetitive, unbalanced, **** controls and essentially pay-to-win mechanics make this game pretty crap.
  15. Nov 15, 2014
    Well community in this game sux, from time to time developers release stupid champions crazy overpowered crazy underpowered some times you lose 30-40 min of your life because some guy will go afk, wants to troll etc. but still I play this game... It is that good. This game has best communicating with community developers they are bit slow in implementing fixes but still they listen theyWell community in this game sux, from time to time developers release stupid champions crazy overpowered crazy underpowered some times you lose 30-40 min of your life because some guy will go afk, wants to troll etc. but still I play this game... It is that good. This game has best communicating with community developers they are bit slow in implementing fixes but still they listen they talk to gamers, it is most addicting game I ever played and I play it knowing I will get afk moron in like next 10-15 games I highly recommend to try this game still you will need to learn a lot of things to get good in it! Expand
  16. Nov 8, 2014
    This is really solid MOBA game. In perfect scenario it is really enjoyable and fun to play, but..
    - archaic client's architecture comes with new glitches and bugs with every patch
    - some balance changes are absolutely pointless, no identifying real core of the issue - law of jungle and bad community - and yes, flamers are not the worse part of it, at least some portion of it gets
    - law of jungle and bad community - and yes, flamers are not the worse part of it, at least some portion of it gets punished in some way, in worst scenario you can mute them. But there are also feeders, afkers, trolls who ruin your game experience on purpose and you can't do anything about it. You can report them but there is obviously no punishment for it, and Riot absolutely doesn't care about it. To be honest, it's one of the worst customer care in gaming history. All they focus is e-sport side of this game, and don't care about providing a friendly environment in any way in regular games.

So summing up, a lot of games feels like a waste of time. If you loose because of being outplayed - it's natural, but if you loose and waste 30+minutes just because someone feeds or trolls on purpose - it's just demotivating.

So in perfect scenario (no flame, no feed, no trolling) this game is 9/10, but since perfect scenarios tend to happen extremely rarely, 6/10 is max I can give, it's just more often frustrating than fun.
  17. Nov 7, 2014
    Been playing ever since the end of about late S2, and i can say that I have enjoyed playing league of legends, a lot. It's addicting, it's complex, it's frustrating... The first year I played league was just such a blur,.. coming from playing wow a bit and fps games, the controls and view was really weird. I barely knew what I was doing for a really long time ( tutorial sucked back then),Been playing ever since the end of about late S2, and i can say that I have enjoyed playing league of legends, a lot. It's addicting, it's complex, it's frustrating... The first year I played league was just such a blur,.. coming from playing wow a bit and fps games, the controls and view was really weird. I barely knew what I was doing for a really long time ( tutorial sucked back then), and on top of that there are some toxic kids that could ruin your whole experience when you just start out.

As i progressed onto ranked, it starting becoming more serious for me to play, and I actually had a better time playing it to be "ranked" into different divisions across your server. The only bad things i've experienced from then on out is just the trolls, afk's, toxic people, but at the moment it's definitely gotten better :D. As you get better at the game in ranked, you start to get way less of those people, luckily.

Plus, Riot games actually does care a lot about shaping the community, which is a big part of league,and does a fair job balancing all the champions, and making the game easily enjoyable when you don't have to put a single dime into playing it.
  18. Nov 4, 2014
    This is one of the best games I've ever played in my entire 30 year gaming life. It's a action/shooter/strategic multiplayer-mixed-genre game. I've played LOL 4 years since it launced 2011. I'm not interested in the rift anymore. but, I still play the abyss somtimes. Again, LOL is the one of the best game for the entire gaming history like WOW, COD4.
  19. Oct 29, 2014
    Overall this is a nice game. It is not perfect or original, but it's fun. I perfectly understand all the negative reviews, the community is a HUGE problem and ruins most of your matches.

Personally I can't stand the solo queue (AKA ranked matches playing with other people that you don't know), sometimes I find nice people to play with, they teach me and tell me what I'm doing wrong and what should I do, because they want to help me and want help to win. Other times, I find people that doesn't care at all of what are you doing, if they are playing bad then they are going to flame you because you didn't do this or that so it is your fault that they are dying.

For the game itself, It is still 6. The character rooster is great and each champion is truly unique, so each time you play it can be different. Most of them are balanced and if they aren't the game is patched pretty quickly introducing nerfs and buffs, but then, there are some champions that are so powerful that you can see them in the enemy team in every match (ex. in these months I've seen Yasuo in nearly ANY match I've played, and in draft picks he's always banned), and this can unbalance the game, but if you have a good team, you can still win.

This game is totally not Pay 2 Win, in fact, you can only pay with real money for skins and boosts, the rest can be purchased with in-game currency.

If you are looking for a game to play with your friends or you like competition, then download it, you will not be disappointed, but if you are playing alone and are easly annoyed by flamers, then avoid this game at all costs, it's just not worth it
  20. Oct 28, 2014
    League of Legends is an okay game, but it really doesn't excel at anything at all, except for it's marketing.

I have played the game for about 3 years now (climbed my way to the rank of Gold 2), and I finally uninstalled it a few months ago with no intentions of returning. It is an excellent time sink if you have literally no other game to play. I've played for hundreds of hours solo and with friends, and wasted plenty of money on useless cosmetic skins (protip: do not do this ever, it is a slippery slope.) I have a few friends who justify spending upwards of 20 dollars just to change the clothes their champions are wearing. Many of these microtransactions are completely ridiculous and overpriced, yet Riot seems to get away with it since their playerbase doesn't seem to care in the slightest.

Furthermore, in recent additions to the game, not only did they increase the base IP(points that you gain through playing the game that can be spent on unlocking champions) that new champions cost, they made the past five or six champions incredibly overpowered. I speculate that this chain of events took place in order to drive up their sales by forcing people to either use almost 10 hours worth of IP to unlock the champion, or shell out about 10 bucks to unlock the champion. Whether or not this was their intention, this practice seems exploitative of the consumers, as by the time these champions drop in price they have been through several nerfs and revisions that make them far less powerful.

Overall, as a consumer I can not recommend this game to anyone. It's guise of free-to-play comes with caveats, the community as a whole is incredibly rude and unwelcoming, and the gameplay is a bit shallow, with it's strict, repetitive metagame that Riot encourages players to follow to a T.

Credit where it is due, though, I have not really experienced too many game breaking glitches, and matchmaking is OK at best. However, due to the lack of perceivable fun in the game, I have decided to score it thusly.
  21. Oct 27, 2014
    I've been playing League of Legends for 2 years now and it's the main game I play. Even after 2 years their are so many things I havn't conquered and tried. With 121 champions their is really always something new to try.

The gameplay is really smooth but the map is descent. Currently the map is a bit unfocused and lacks some qualities that enable one to fully concentrate on the gameplay. Since RIOT takes feedback from players a new map is coming soon in season 5, which looks more modern designed compared to other mobas.

The game is really teamwork based and very competitive. Many of my friends play League and it keeps us having fun and enjoy the game even more. The competitive environment in League is immense. Their are many major events in League that inspires you to play League and keeps an interesting conversation with your friends. For instance, this year the Worlds Tournament's last game was held in a Korean Football Stadium, which was sold out and the whole field also packed.

Adding to the love for the game, League of Legends is the most popular MOBA on twitch. If you aren't playing league you are watching someone else play league.

The game is really easy to learn with a friend and very overwhelmed with all the skill shots and high graphic skills flying around during a teamfight. Their is always something going on in the game and you have to keep up with the fast paced gameplay(competitive). League is a fun game once you get used to the mechanics and ingame logics, where then you can exploit on your enemies. Another thing I would like to mention is the community and company works are really cool, you are constantly amazed by storyline videos, amazing highlights, community pop reels, Pro Interviews, and interactive website storylines.

Their is so much to talk about on this game. I'm just going to stop here for now. Just play the game and join the community!
  22. Oct 23, 2014
    This game is an excellent game. If you're interested in getting better perhaps you should check out Challenger Support player Benign Sentinel's stream. He's extremely helpful, knowledgeable and positive with a wide range of characters. Check out his stream at www.twitch.tv/eroticles
  23. Oct 23, 2014
    League is the best free to play MOBA out there. Developer Riot continues to patch, upgrade and surprise their players. A lot of game modes and a constant flow of new characters and skins make this a game to be played for years to come.
  24. Oct 21, 2014
    WARNING: THIS GAME IS NOT FREE. I know friends that have thrown 100's of dollars to get the best champs. That's fine if you are buying it because he looks cool, but no, you are forced to buy the best champs if you even want to try to have fun in this game. Other than that, i think everything about the game is lack luster (especially the community and servers). What is really sad is thatWARNING: THIS GAME IS NOT FREE. I know friends that have thrown 100's of dollars to get the best champs. That's fine if you are buying it because he looks cool, but no, you are forced to buy the best champs if you even want to try to have fun in this game. Other than that, i think everything about the game is lack luster (especially the community and servers). What is really sad is that this is really the only "good" MOBA out there, except DOTA. But luckily the genre is getting a boost, and hopefully we can leave this lie behind us. Expand
  25. Oct 21, 2014
    I've played very close to 1100 hours of this game by now, and that number is only going up. You'll only ever know you enjoy it if you play it and try for yourself. For me, that absurd amount of time should speak for itself.
  26. Oct 21, 2014
    lots of these reviews are really old and the game doesnt seem to work well on older computers(every other game it will freeze but i can always "reconnect" to it) and it is free to play, you get new champs to try every week and you also win "IP" points every match to buy new champs with, i have been playing under 2 weeks and have unlocked 3 of the cheaper-ish champs and can use themlots of these reviews are really old and the game doesnt seem to work well on older computers(every other game it will freeze but i can always "reconnect" to it) and it is free to play, you get new champs to try every week and you also win "IP" points every match to buy new champs with, i have been playing under 2 weeks and have unlocked 3 of the cheaper-ish champs and can use them permanently and that was without spending any actual cash. this is also a really difficult game, the main point is to not die, i got my skill up by playing against bots and now i dont "feed"(die alot) to the enemy faction. really hard learning curve but i have played EVE and not gone insane so i can learn this game as well.

Main point of all of this is, the game is fun with friends, it is difficult even with friends, it is free to play. even though you will want to spend money maybe to get a certain champion faster or to buy new "skins" to make your champ look different. otherwise if you like strategy games, because it takes "strategy" and knowing the proper way to use the abilities of a certain champion. you wouldnt go using a sniper rifle for up close combat in call of duty just like you wouldnt snipe someone with a shotgun. there are certain ways to use certin characters, play it for free, rage and quit, or get better and enjoy yourself, like me currently for free.
  27. Oct 13, 2014
    I'm playing this game for 4 years now, starting early season 1 and all I can say is that this is an amazing game with a horrible community, but all you have to do is to find 4 friends to play and mute the other team and this is certainly my most important pvp experience I ever found in an online game.
  28. Oct 13, 2014
    This is a game that really deserves perfect score. Only flaw comes from toxic community, but its not this game fault, that people nowadays are frustrated/plain stupid - nothing developers can do about it. Just mute trolls and report them :)
    Everything else in this game is excellent from great art graphic, excellent ballance, lots of strategy and most of all its addicting and for me its hard to put down - i played it for couple hundreds hours and i still have fun with it. RIOT improves this game constantly, adding new champs, modes, ballance changes etc.
    Its free to play and not pay to win - i strongly recommend You to give it a try. Overall I found my new multiplayer love, like Quake games years ago.
  29. Oct 10, 2014
    No diretide 2013
    daed gaem
    GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO
  30. Oct 8, 2014
    Sadly, it wasn't ultimately the toxic community, horrible champion balance/design among the majority of champions, absolutely screwed up beyond belief meta (especially top and the bruiser, currently), brain melting boring competitive scene on twitch with the same 12-16 out of a pool of 120+ champions, it wasn't the DC's or afks during games, the games that are absolutely awful and over yetSadly, it wasn't ultimately the toxic community, horrible champion balance/design among the majority of champions, absolutely screwed up beyond belief meta (especially top and the bruiser, currently), brain melting boring competitive scene on twitch with the same 12-16 out of a pool of 120+ champions, it wasn't the DC's or afks during games, the games that are absolutely awful and over yet a couple people on the losing team absolutely refuse to surrender and the enemy team refuses to push the issue and end the match in a less then century long time so yet another horrible match drags on forever, the awful reworks/mini reworks (olaf, cass, kass, etc), the ridiculous amount of highest priced champions, the ludicrous amount of skins and their increasingly ridiculous prices, it wasn't the servers that are down half the time, the occasional idiotic bug that disables a hero or game mode, the crazy amount of time to aquire the IP to fill out a bunch of rune pages AFTER you spent an crap load of time and/or money getting the rune pages in the first place. No, it was not those mountain of reasons why I ultimately quit the game. Surprising, no?

The reason why I ultimately quit the game was in soloq my personal experience with the awful, atrocious, horrendous, grotesque, abysmal, disgusting, cancerous, malignant, vomit-inducing, wretched abomination that they call the match making system, and the incompetent, ape-like, borderline retarded people that would have the audacity to put such a system out there, call it "match making", and not feel the deepest soul-crushing shame to the point of suicidal thoughts as a result of the job they did. THAT is what made me give up on the game. When it got to the point where 95% of my soloq matches in blind, draft, even aram eventually became the epitome of what I would call "horribly not-fun", THAT is why I quit this god awful game, and you should too, or at least NOT consider playing it. ALL the money you spend, ALL the time and effort you spend is basically wasted unless maybe you can get to the very high tier such as master where I see people have to wait 5+ minutes for a game plenty of times. Are you ready to sink that amount of time, effort, and money to maybe have a chance at a decently enjoyable playing experience more then maybe half the time? Then try this game out.

Answer this question: Is a 50% win rate really a 50 win rate, if you have to bust your balls and "scrape dog meat off the streets to survive" type of effort into every blood, sweat, and tears game that you win, every small win steak that you gave yourself heart palpitations to achieve, just to have IT ALL WIPED OUT, by a string of games that happens more often then your win streaks, given to you by the matchmaking where you have quitters, afks, laggers/dc's, horribly toxic aholes, completely screwed up matchups, lopsided skill/ranking matchups (I had bronzes and silvers on my team vs golds and plats as an example) and it seems to get more and more constant the more time and money you put into the game? As a sort of "F YOU" to you for spending time and money on their game, compliments riot? If you like the sound of that, give this game a try! Otherwise, avoid this game like it is cancer, aids, and ebola combined.

Go over to Dota 2, enjoy having the full compliment of heroes available so your money is spent on aesthetics as it should be, know that you have an at least half-competent game design and development company on your side so you wont be screwed by horrible balance, horrible designs, horrible metas and meta shifts, horrible matchmaking, horrible servers etc. etc. I could go on and on. Just save yourself so you don't end up down $100 and a bucket-load of sanity like me.
  31. Oct 7, 2014
    Addictive game that you will never get sick of. Always new features added to mix things up, and ranked gaming allows you to strive for something. Highly recommend.
  32. Oct 4, 2014
    Who gives a **** about ratings when it comes to games like DOTA, Smite or WOW. When you look at the bottom rating, you will see that people are **** about the community. They have the rights to do that but, **** people is already a big part of today's LoL community. Look at people **** about everybody an d everything but doing literally nothing in a game. Thing that he or she is too muchWho gives a **** about ratings when it comes to games like DOTA, Smite or WOW. When you look at the bottom rating, you will see that people are **** about the community. They have the rights to do that but, **** people is already a big part of today's LoL community. Look at people **** about everybody an d everything but doing literally nothing in a game. Thing that he or she is too much for a "noob team" like this.

Well, there are nice people too. But most of the time, you don't give a **** about people. You try to play this game right, better, and that's the purpose of it. Winning a game is something, but putting out some great moves, learning your character, or even failing is really fun. You can say the same for probably all moba games, but what makes League that good is its simplicity, and the versatility of the game. Every character has a different mechanics, playstyles, and actually creative ways of using spells unlike dota (sorry Russians). This game will never get repetitive. New champions, playstyles, builds... and new people, new flamers, kids, sociopaths etc.

****ing your life since 2010.
  33. Sep 28, 2014
    Selling champions really ruins the already simple gameplay.
    At lower levels, and I mean after playing about 200 games to get to summoner level 20, you are still getting games where its mostly that week's free to play champions. Game after game you are stuck playing with/against the same handful of champions.
    I'm not sure how it gets after you unlock ranked play at level 30, which is
    Selling champions really ruins the already simple gameplay.
    I'm not sure how it gets after you unlock ranked play at level 30, which is approximately 360 games which take 40 minutes each.
    The champions aren't nearly complex enough to spend a week playing, you tend to get pretty good after just a few games.

If you somehow get an account with everything unlocked, its a pretty fun casual game to play every once in awhile, otherwise there are much better options.
  34. Sep 26, 2014
    I have been playing this game for about one year ant it never bores me. I play all nights with my friends like casuals and we have the most fun! This game may be needing graphics like some say but riot will soon implement a new map, Also the community isn't that bad almost all games are acceptable but the possibilities of having a rager are high. Some people can't control themselves andI have been playing this game for about one year ant it never bores me. I play all nights with my friends like casuals and we have the most fun! This game may be needing graphics like some say but riot will soon implement a new map, Also the community isn't that bad almost all games are acceptable but the possibilities of having a rager are high. Some people can't control themselves and rage but that is not a problem of the game, that's a problem of the human himself .And by the way riot does the most possible to ban the ragers that troll using different methods like leaverbooster for afk or tribunal for negative and players that harass others. The "good" half of the community is very active in reddit and is helping riot finding bugs or they are giving requests and ideas that could improve the game. Finally i think this game will have a lot more years of activity and will be updating frequently with new gamemodes and champions every month or every 2 months. Expand
  35. Sep 25, 2014
    It can be fun... but i find this one very childish... like little cartoons. I rather play Smite. In this game you can find ragers like in every other game...
  36. Sep 22, 2014
    This third-person shooter is even worse than the Defense of the Ancients map on Warcraft III, and I never liked D.O.T.A. at all. This is an awful game played by many pretentious dirtbags.
  37. Sep 21, 2014
    I've played this game for over a year with 750 hours+ involved. It is a massive waste of time, each match is usually 45-1 hour or so. You cannot leave while playing the game or it will result in severe punishment. This is a great game for no lifers but to those who have a life not recommended.

The community in this game is Extremely Toxic, the most toxic i've ever seen, if you picked a wrong champion or if you don't do well (Keep getting killed by enemy team) your team will Insult, whine, flame and complain. In worse scenario you may even end up getting banned due to you being a bad player and all. it is very hard to tolerate the amount of toxicity there is within the community, soon one day you will also become one of them.

This game is good for 5 friends who are good/ active and wants to play together. However if you are playing Alone definitely not recommended or you will suffer like hell.
  38. Sep 20, 2014
    One thing I like about the League, is that it has a clear, fluid gameplay, unlike some of the other MOBA I've tried. It's nothing special, but good enough to kill some time.
  39. Sep 19, 2014
    I will say that I was very unfair with this game when I first reviewed: I didn't exactly play a lot and I admit that it had some fun factor into it: me being a dota 2 player I didn't expect much, but I've been playing it lately and I've been enjoying it too.

So what I'll say is, the game is good and fun, and the fact that it's not as hard as dota 2 make is even more enjoyable sometimes: losing a game of dota 2 usually means lots of swearings, while here it's much more toned down and even when it happens, I just feel more relaxed here than in dota 2, with constant complaining.

But I still have the same issues as the last time:

1)The Champions/Heroes Design: I've checked all the characters available and, aside for a very VERY few, all of them are really bland and just flatout "uninteresting". Personal opinions aside, most of the characters jus tlook similar and/or just uninspired, even when they had the chance to be unique! For instance, Garen's the most generic kind of "paladin" you could see, Jinx is a copy of Cammy (no kidding, her hair is the same, and the face is almost identical) and Akali is the most generic sexy ninja you'll ever see.

Oh right, the game has a lot of fanservice: almost every female in the game is made to keep the guys "interested" in the game, to the point of making them completely boring: giant boobs, revealing outfits, sexy moanings when they die, sexy skins. Really? Well I guess people do love seeing a sexy character once in a while, but AT LEAST make them interesting!

If I have to pick some favourites, Twitch, Yasuo, Hecarim, Nasus, Shaco, Leona and MAYBE Lucian remain my most favourite looking heroes (I repeat, LOOKING, not skill wise) of all. They at least look different enough than most...

Oh, Soraka is a Draenei. That's all folks!

2) IT'S TOO EASY! I've played mostly two to four champions so far, but I really didn't feel any challenge at all while playing them: what was challenging was to get a group that wouldn't constantly die and feed the enemies. I play as Sona most of the times and even if we are able to push our lane, one or two people are dying so many times and feeding the enemies, resulting in a loss.
    I just don't feel challenged in the end: it's a matter of who kills more at the start. And if your enemies are fed, you can basically kiss your match goodbye, because even an entire team can't stop him/her!

As a result, the hard part is to find a good team more than actually learning the champions themselves (which is also needed too, I'm not saying the opposite). However, considering this is an online game, bad people can constantly join in, and for bad people I mean people who think of themselves of being supreme beings above humans who think that they're the best.

While in the end me, the support, has the most kills...

In the end, It's a decent game and nice if you want a relaxing game.

But I still think Dota 2 is better in terms of challenge and skill.
  40. Sep 16, 2014
    Not a bad game, but it doesn't mean that is a really good game.
    This is a MOBA arcade fire-like, unfair system and expensive stuff (you can buy with points of the game but the game obey you play more and more to get that points, you can also get points with real money), has a cartooned kids style and the people love this game beacause is fun, but not for me.
  41. Sep 15, 2014
    I've been playing for a couple years and this game has been going downhill.

Server spikes/lags/downage pretty often. Freemium model still in play. A lot of people have spent more money on this game. Graphics pretty bad. Your still playing in the swamp. If you make a new account and play with a friend you will be r**** constantly. Without having full masteries, runes, and good
    I've been playing for a couple years and this game has been going downhill.

If you make a new account and play with a friend you will be r**** constantly. Without having full masteries, runes, and good selection of champs you can't really win your game. Toxic community also. Duh.

It was a star game but now Heroes of the Storm is going to take it out.
  42. Sep 9, 2014
    League of Legends has been the most popular MOBA game for the past four or five years. I don't really need to praise it.
    It does have some issues. The main one being that new players don't have access to a large champion pool or runes that veterans might have.
  43. Sep 9, 2014
    The most popular MOBA of all time, hell, most popular game of all time. Does it live up to its name? You bet it does.

LoL does a lot of things right, and several things wrong. Firstly, it's popular and has a lot of content, and on top of that, it's free to play. It is accessible and has a reasonable business model which encourages a lot of gameplay for the player. The game now

The game now features over 115 heroes that can be customized with mastery "talent" trees and "runes" which let you empower your hero in different ways.

The complexity of the game is just perfect for both casual and competitive players, although most HoN and DOTA players would disagree and bash the game for being "too casual". But in my opinion, Riot really did remove the features that seemed to hinder the fun aspect of MOBA games (eg. denying your creeps).

The game also features unique hero and environment designs, accompanied by great user interface.

The learning curve is still there, and the lack of a good tutorial and explanation of basic gameplay concepts. Also the client that the pre-game lobby runs on is old and buggy, and can really get on the nerves of some people.

I quit LoL a year ago as I have over 1500 hours clocked on it, and it got quite boring and repetitve, and it didn't help that Riot is scared of any major balance changes, and if they do them, they nerf instead of buffing, which gradually makes the game sillier and more boring to play in my opinion.

In my opinion, LoL is the best "all-round" MOBA experience, featuring complex gameplay and strategies without flooding the player with mechanics that hinder the core fun MOBA experience. The lack of tutorial and good lobby client is definitely a con until it's fixed.
  44. Sep 9, 2014
    Let's be honest, part of the hate against the game seems to be backed by the fact that many do not know how to build their champions and misunderstand the basic dynamics of the game expecting a non MOBA experience. Hence the distaste towards the game. Its a decent at best good experience.
  45. Sep 9, 2014
    I started playing League Of Legends during the season 1, and I'm quite happy to see how did this game changed.

To give you some numeric datas, there are more than 7,5millions players playing simultaneously in 2014, which is really higher than in 2013 (5millions), and it's the same for 2012 (3millions). Those datas can clearly show that the total of active League of Legends players has

Those datas can clearly show that the total of active League of Legends players has increased a lot in less than 2 years, which means that there're more kids, but also more serious players. So that's normal if you don't find the mates of your dreams every game today.

Furthermore, League of Legends is a VIDEO GAME, it's useless to take it too seriously, you're not going to enjoy your time passed playing, so you still can change your mind. (I'm talking for the majority of the people criticizing the game without getting their own opinion).

About the content of the game, I won't criticize the price of skins, champions, runes, etc. Riot is a lucrative company. They're free to take the decision they want.
    If you are a normal player, you're going to take several months, maybe years to understand how League of Legends works. The classic MetaGame changes every year, the "Op Champions" change almost every month too. It's almost impossible to get a perfect equality between every champions, Riot is working on it. Indeed, almost every week, patches are realised to correct this gap.

The maps we're playing in are re worked (principally the Summoner's Rift at the moment), the visual effects are not bad at all for a moba.

I guess you understood my opinion. Even if the community of League of Legends is a vicious circle ("You're a typical league of legends player, you don't respect the current meta in normal game, your champion is useless, report you"), I'm sure that people will be able one day to think by themselves and that they'll realize that they play to a VIDEO GAME.

To resume myself :
    - I'm sure ththe community will grow up
    -A lot of content in game, a bit repetitive, but the community finds some ways to do different gameplay (Teemo Ball, Ultimate Bravery, etc...).
    - A large pool of champions you can play, which offers an strategic aspect to the game.
    - Connexion issues for many people (maybe hard to host more and more people everyday).

That's all for my critic, I probably forgot to mention many details, it's not that easy to clearly explain yourself in English when you're French haha.

So, have fun everyone

NunuDivertis / Capitaine Lama
  46. Sep 6, 2014
    Although this game has relatively strong game play and a competitive ladder, the infrastructure of their servers and community could not be worse.

For example, I recently played a game where 2 out of 5 players disconnected because riot was "experiencing latency issues". Instead of a loss prevented, we lost full point for a defeat. After trying to re-queue, I received the error message that ranked was disabled due to latency issues.
  47. Sep 4, 2014
    I may sound like a fanboy, but all the haters have no idea what they are saying.

"Fix EUW! Fix EUW! Fix EUW!" Shut up. The servers are down like 3 times a year, for maybe an hour. atleast for me. "The Game lags too much! Riot cant fix their servers! It's not lagging for me. You probably just play on a Toaster. "This is a P2W!" How? No champion gives you an advantage to the

"Fix EUW! Fix EUW! Fix EUW!"

"The Game lags too much! Riot cant fix their servers!
    It's not lagging for me. You probably just play on a Toaster.

"This is a P2W!"
    How? No champion gives you an advantage to the other Players. No champion is stronger than any other. It's how you play them. It's not a P2W, you're just bad.

"The Community is Horrible!"
    I agree with this point. Yes the community IS horrible, but, tell me ONE online game with a nice community. Thats right. There is no online game with a nice community.

Of course, League is not Perfect, there are Points of it that I hate. But if you hate LoL, don't bring up wrong **** Just shut up and play a different MOBA.
  48. Aug 28, 2014
    I have to say that the users who gave this game a bad review don't know what they're talking about. This game is a highly competitive one and requires putting time and effort into learning it. It demands more than a casual approach if you want to fully enjoy the game. League of Legends doesn't have a competitive scene with year round tournaments sponsored by big companies with attendanceI have to say that the users who gave this game a bad review don't know what they're talking about. This game is a highly competitive one and requires putting time and effort into learning it. It demands more than a casual approach if you want to fully enjoy the game. League of Legends doesn't have a competitive scene with year round tournaments sponsored by big companies with attendance in the thousands in each event for nothing, and it doesn't get its praise from what the users describe as "bad graphics" or "that one guy on your team who thinks he's better than everyone". Part of the challenge is prevailing despite this one team mate, often not limited to just ONE team mate.
    Not everyone is built for this game, as it requires many countless hours to learn and an even greater number of hours still to master. I highly recommend this game for people who are looking for a challenge and don't back down at the first sign of intimidation and frustration.
  49. Aug 19, 2014
    I can't understand people complaining about the game. It's now pay2win, I could buy you all the champions and you would never win a single game. Everything is strategic as hell, you need to practice a lot and learn the mechanics in order to take advantages of the champions and combos. Game-play is great, and graphics are enough. It's extremely addictive, I can't stop playing even when II can't understand people complaining about the game. It's now pay2win, I could buy you all the champions and you would never win a single game. Everything is strategic as hell, you need to practice a lot and learn the mechanics in order to take advantages of the champions and combos. Game-play is great, and graphics are enough. It's extremely addictive, I can't stop playing even when I lose. People saying it's repetitive, please just stop watching football and basketball, always the same map. Expand
  50. Aug 15, 2014
    This game only deserves a 1 because it is functional. Aside from that not much can be said for any other aspect of this game. Firstly the game is not even cohesive with its menu system, you must trudge through 3 windows just to get to play the game itself. Games can be found quickly but for some reason people take 5 minutes to connect. Then you can pick from a selection of a few freeThis game only deserves a 1 because it is functional. Aside from that not much can be said for any other aspect of this game. Firstly the game is not even cohesive with its menu system, you must trudge through 3 windows just to get to play the game itself. Games can be found quickly but for some reason people take 5 minutes to connect. Then you can pick from a selection of a few free champions for scrubs while the people who pay prance around with their best champions wiping the floor with people struggling to learn new champions before they are rerolled. This game reeks of pay to win with runes and masteries that give paid players advantages over those who don't cough up any cash. The graphics are awful and belong in the 90s as we'll as the community who are mostly **** Expand
  51. Aug 14, 2014
    Probably one of the hardest games for a new player to get into. The levelling system (before you can play ranked games) is very slow and uneventful and new players will often have trouble as they get matched with smurfs/alts (players who already have an account and are levelling a new one) as the skill gap can be huge.

Once in the ranked ladder, most players continue playing to climb

Once in the ranked ladder, most players continue playing to climb higher and although the game is relatively simple and repetitive, there is a significant amount of depth in the skills that are needed to get to the highest rankings. The large skill depth somewhat makes up for the fact that the game is superficially simple.

Sadly, the community is generally quite toxic in game, although there are a lot of groups of players who are helpful in providing advice for in game and are generally enjoyable people to be around.
  52. Aug 13, 2014
    League of Legends-Free to play MOBA. Hundred plus champions, fun playstyle. So what's the big deal about this game? It is addictive, and it is really fun. Riot is combating toxic players, not just with the tribunal, but with (I think) new ways of matchmaking and designing things that detect a toxic player. So what's the problem if Riot is improving their game? The problem lies inLeague of Legends-Free to play MOBA. Hundred plus champions, fun playstyle. So what's the big deal about this game? It is addictive, and it is really fun. Riot is combating toxic players, not just with the tribunal, but with (I think) new ways of matchmaking and designing things that detect a toxic player. So what's the problem if Riot is improving their game? The problem lies in the community and repetitive gameplay. I rarely play on my own, because I play with my cousins, mostly.

All in all, good game, but if you want more fun, play with friends or family (cousins, brothers).
  53. Aug 13, 2014
    Yeah, almost half the reviews are negative... This game is fun, but serious a POS.... If you're going to make a game, make it multi platform... I am so sick of it crashing on Mac it's ridiculous... OK so get a PC right? no, those things are almost as bad as the game... I have to reconnect almost EVERY SINGLE GAME! And that's ridiculous! it's not rocket science, half the US uses Macintosh,Yeah, almost half the reviews are negative... This game is fun, but serious a POS.... If you're going to make a game, make it multi platform... I am so sick of it crashing on Mac it's ridiculous... OK so get a PC right? no, those things are almost as bad as the game... I have to reconnect almost EVERY SINGLE GAME! And that's ridiculous! it's not rocket science, half the US uses Macintosh, make it work.... don't act like this is all me, it sucks onPC as well.... Expand
  54. Aug 12, 2014
    I've played LOL almost 1 year. Beside the game experience this is an online game which you play it other people and you can be sure, you will meet the most annoying people in your life in this game. Just terrible community. I reported million times and they did nothing!! Plus you should put too much money to get all the champions and it still call itself FREE TO PLAY game. While there isI've played LOL almost 1 year. Beside the game experience this is an online game which you play it other people and you can be sure, you will meet the most annoying people in your life in this game. Just terrible community. I reported million times and they did nothing!! Plus you should put too much money to get all the champions and it still call itself FREE TO PLAY game. While there is DOTA2 or some other nice moba games, don't waste too much time on this game. Expand
  55. Aug 11, 2014
    Constantly being developed, balanced and are very dedicated to their community, this game is not for those who are rubbish, it takes lots of time to adjust to. REMEMBER DO NOT RATE THE GAME BASED ON IT'S HORRIBLE TOXIC COMMUNITY IN LOWER LEVELS, THAT IS NOT LEAGUES FAULT!
  56. Aug 6, 2014
    Good -
    Polished combat and mostly balanced champions.
    Not a pay-to-win, but houses one of the best online markets I've ever seen for a free game It's free Bad - Terrible matchmaking discourages newbies from getting into LoL, due to Riot's inability to control smurfing. One of the most toxic player-to-player environments in-gaming. Trolls will thrive here. Lax punishments for
    Good -
    Polished combat and mostly balanced champions.
    It's free

Bad -
    Lax punishments for leavers, feeders, and trolls. Riot adds a 'file a complaint' system that ends up being pushed under the rug. I know this because I still will go through 3 games in a row where one player is doing poorly and rage-quits = the entire game is ruined and then to top it all off, teams are unable to surrender until 20 minutes in, meaning if it's 1v5, too **** bad.

Example from my last game - 3 of our teammates leave, making it impossible to cover all lanes. We win the match though because somehow the entire opposing team had pings over 600 so they couldnt control their champtions. I wasn't sure whether to be mad or rejoice.
  57. Aug 3, 2014
    Game itself is an okey introduction to dota gender, but that's about it.

Game itself is an okey introduction to dota gender, but that's about it.

Game is NOT competitive, just because how "pay to win'nish" it is. You can't have a competitive game if you need like 6000$ to access all the pretty things. You can't have a competitive game if the creator cycles the "free" part every week, leaving players who don't want to donate hundrets of dollars unable to compete in fair conditions. Each player is literally forced to pay each month just to keep what he or she had last week. Another very simple trick: release a new champion, just like one of the old ones, but with much better stats.

It doesn't have the deepness of dota, there are no "special" mechanics, player doesn't make as many meaningful decisions as he or she does in dota. This is, probably, a good thing, there're not so many gamechanging things happening overall. You can't fail hard, you can't win big - some people will like this, but I don't.

Visual aspect is, probably, individual, but if you're not an anime/cartoon lover you'll probably like dota2's graphics more. Just google up some screenshots and compare. Movies are insanely good - they probably costed more than the whole game itself, quality level is totally not the same.

I love the genre - don't get me wrong, any game in that genre already has to get a solid mark from me. But the issue with that one in particular is about the people running it. You'll never find anyone that greedy in gamedev at all. Not even Bliz who asks like 100$ for each expansion. Not even EA, or any other "pay 2 win" / "same old **** for 50$". People in the lead of riot did certain actions to destroy a few of the existing communities - some people are simply dangerous if they get the money - so please do NOT pay. Not to mention how well they "synthesize" numbers - pretty sure that is one of the main focus for them - to generate a ****load of "virtual" players/viewers.
  58. Jul 31, 2014
    Most of the reviews here are just flat outdated. After nearly 5 years of constant updates, the game is at an almost perfect state of balance, minimal server downtime, and a growing community that gets way too much criticism for what it is.

Riot has been constantly balancing champs, and even gives you the option of banning a champion if they are overpowered or hard to play against.

Most server downtime is caused by updates that occur at 3 am

If someone is bothering you, you can mute them, and report them to possibly be temporarily banned, muted, or, if they have a history, permanently banned.

Also, match making works fine now, no longer uses ELO, much more accurate

Only thing keeping it from 10 is that it is a hard game to learn, but riot is working on that too
  59. Jul 26, 2014
    LoL sucks big time the graphics are poorly made unless your 12 then you'd say its good dota 2 has better graphics no only does lol suck but so do 99% of the players dota has a bigger nicer community it's a giant wannabe version of dota 2 dota will always be better i give this a 0 because this game sucks and its a pay to win game more money makes you win every game and thats stupid itsLoL sucks big time the graphics are poorly made unless your 12 then you'd say its good dota 2 has better graphics no only does lol suck but so do 99% of the players dota has a bigger nicer community it's a giant wannabe version of dota 2 dota will always be better i give this a 0 because this game sucks and its a pay to win game more money makes you win every game and thats stupid its shortened lol because the game is a JOKE! Expand
  60. Jul 25, 2014
    I have played this moba for 2 years now and consider myself rather accustomed to this game.
    To start off, this game has two ways of playing it: You can team up with random, real people against the AI, or you can play against others.
    League of Legends until now is distributed into 4 maps, but is mainly played on it's most popular map, Summoner's Rift. On this map, you join 4 other players to take down the enemy's Nexus (basically the heart of their base). The game has a wide variety of balanced characters(champions) to choose from each with individual skills and gameplay. Also, before the match starts, runes and masteries help you buff your champion at the beginning or progressively at the end of the game, each game lasting approximately 20-45 minutes. However you need to unlock them one-by-one first. League is a free to play game with micro transactions, however it is not pay-to-win.
    The graphics are decent, although they will be upgraded in a short while. Also, the game has numerous updates, keeping the community entertained.
    Lastly, it has an enormous competitive scene with countless of thrilling tournaments.
    This game can be tons of fun when played with friends in order to take down the enemy strategically and sometimes you can get a good laughter out of it. However, after playing the game for a rather long time, the gameplay becomes repetitive and rather boring. In addition to that, you often get matched up with rude, inconsiderate, flamers (people who use indecent language during the game). This can become a tremendous problem when trying to reach a higher place in the ranking system of League of Legends, therefore causing the game to be tense and not relaxing. It definitely requires patience and good morals to play the game, which in my opinion very few people of the community have.
  61. Jul 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I would consider this is a casual online game running by a investment company. Riot try to promo this game as professional/competitive game, but run in the opposite way. I even doubt whether they understand their product in deep.

1. characters are unbalance. You can find the counter characters easily. It makes the game less competitive and boring.

2. lazy client service. No matter what your request is, the answer would be the same.

3. Dishonest company. These people care more about the advertisement and quantity of players rather than the quality. Lots of fake statements and statistic data you can find here. Riot try to make people believe that being nice is the way for the win but not skill.

4. crazy language/mind control. There is no freedom of speaking in this game at all. You cannot say anything negative to anyone, even though they are completely unskill.

5. negative attitude/unskill players in the game. Most players do not care about the win/lose, and these players are usually bad. Nothing you can do for yourself, and you have to chill them up, just like a babysitter.

6. matching system. I cannot tell they ever improve the matching system. I had a unrank player in silver 2 rank game before, which was ridiculous.
  62. Jul 21, 2014
    League of Legends is a fantastic game. Most reviews here seem to be focused on the graphics. Why? There is absolutely nothing wrong with the graphics, (sure they aren't 10/10 but this allows people with 'not-so-good' PCs to play.) the game can still look awfully pretty. While there are few maps and game modes they don't seem to get boring, (I've owned LoL for over a year). And while theLeague of Legends is a fantastic game. Most reviews here seem to be focused on the graphics. Why? There is absolutely nothing wrong with the graphics, (sure they aren't 10/10 but this allows people with 'not-so-good' PCs to play.) the game can still look awfully pretty. While there are few maps and game modes they don't seem to get boring, (I've owned LoL for over a year). And while the game doesn't seem very appealing at first you'll soon get addicted. Unlike most free to play games, this is NOT a pay-to-win. Sure, you can use real money to get things faster, but it really doesn't take too long to get the characters you want. Not only this, but each week plenty characters are free allowing you to test them before buying them. Overall this is a great game, and the only reason I'm not giving it a 10/10 is because of the community. Almost every game you'll get into will be full of someone raging, or someone purposely feeding. This isn't really Riot's fault, but they could at least cracking down on these users. Expand
  63. Jul 20, 2014
    As a game, this is near perfect for me. The playerbase is at times extremely hostile, but the game itself is very good. This is one of the best games to play with friends.
  64. Jul 20, 2014
    I've enjoyed playing League of Legends the last couple of years, and this game never get's old. It's balanced pretty well, and the devs are constantly fixing bugs and balancing the game as they add new content, such as more Champions.
    It is a really addictive game to play, and alot of fun with friends. You can form a ranked 5v5 or 3v3 team to play in a competetive ranked match.
    Pros

Pros

- Good learning curve for new players
    - Addictive game
    - Fun with friends
    - Ranked system
    - Every champion can be bought for in-game money (Rest is purely cosmetic skins you can buy for irl money
    - Balanced game

Cons

- Sometimes (Sometimes very often) you encounter players that doesn't care about your team and starts trolling (Feeding on purpose etc)
    - Games can be extremely frustrating because of what i've mentioned just above
    - Alot of people is smurfing (Having a lvl 30 account, then making a new one) making it hard for new players to find the game fun at times.
  65. Jul 17, 2014
    The game is a lot of fun and super addictive. The game is now super vast with over 100 different characters to play as. Riot continues to update and revise the game frequently especially when one of the characters is over powered.
    The game is great and really competitive (its also free) so why not try it out?
  66. Jul 17, 2014
    The game itself is really good, RIOT's employees are great and the LCS (pro-league) is awesome. The only thing that made me stop playing this game is the community, honestly it'd be better if there were no chat at all and everyone just communicated through pings. From my experience 1 out of 5 players is nice (personality-wise), 2 out of 5 are not that bad (or don't write in chat at all),The game itself is really good, RIOT's employees are great and the LCS (pro-league) is awesome. The only thing that made me stop playing this game is the community, honestly it'd be better if there were no chat at all and everyone just communicated through pings. From my experience 1 out of 5 players is nice (personality-wise), 2 out of 5 are not that bad (or don't write in chat at all), and the other 2 out of are completely toxic, blaming everyone for their mistakes and calling you words I didn't even know were insults. Expand
  67. Jul 13, 2014
    I'm not sure how you are able to play this game when you die in 1 or two hits from players that seem to be way more powerful. This is not really a fair strategy game. Its not incentive for new people to play. Also there was not much communication going on in the game. The game is also full of text everywhere which is completely overwhelming for a new player. The shop at the home base andI'm not sure how you are able to play this game when you die in 1 or two hits from players that seem to be way more powerful. This is not really a fair strategy game. Its not incentive for new people to play. Also there was not much communication going on in the game. The game is also full of text everywhere which is completely overwhelming for a new player. The shop at the home base and the spells are pretty busy. This has similar problems of a typical RPG except it isn't an RPG. There is some cool fighting going on with similar movements to other RTS games, but the core gameplay doesn't seem to be much. You go in and get decimated by powerful players. End of story. Lastly I refuse to play a game that bans me for playing, and then having to bow out of a match. Games seem to be very long, longer than a physical game would go without any break. Overwhelmingly I can't see why someone would spend longer than 20 minutes getting into this when there are faster action games to play, and better strategy games out there. But its at least playable and runs well on old hardware, unlike DOTA. So its better than DOTA, but I can't say this game is fun at all. You'd have to be kind of retarded to think this game is fun. Expand
  68. Jul 12, 2014
    This game contains more than a hundred different heroes, 4 very different maps and a horrible community. The game itself is amazing. It's really well made and the champions are unique and most of them are fun to play. The only problem with this game is that most players act like retards. But as long as you just mute the scumbags you will love it.
  69. Jul 10, 2014
    I decided to update my review after I've been away from the game for awhile. I began playing in 2009. I thought it was amazing and quickly became addicted. Over the next 4 years I put well over 1000 hours into the game. I finally uninstalled it in fall 2013 and haven't looked back.

This game WILL anger you. This game WILL frustrate you. This game WILL end up wasting a lot of your time. Whether its the queues, ragers who throw out games, or the fact that you're locked into games for a solid 30+ minutes, there's a LOT of time that goes down the drain. Out of my 1500 hours I probably sat around wishing I wasn't in a particular match, or waiting in queues, or being extremely frustrated for about 200 hours. This is a generous estimate btw, it was most likely more time.

After I finally uninstalled the frustration in my life cleared up. I get along more easily with people and I no longer feel like I'm wasting time when I'm playing video games (even though it technically is a waste, haha).

The game is fun, but I believe the MOBA genre is too new, it needs to be refined.
  70. Jul 10, 2014
    Really boring and easy game.I can't enjoy this brat game LoL.Heroes are too artificial.Too many heroes appear in this game and hero picks are really hard.Worst MOBA ever.
  71. Jul 7, 2014
    There are some key differences between LoL and Dota 2 which makes me think League of Legends is a better game (even if the developers are a bunch of massive, censorshipping, controversal cu nts) and I'll do my best to state these below.

1. The way gold is handled: a) In Dota 2, If you die with any significant amount of gold, you are guaranteed to lose at least 20-50% of it (and even all of it in some cases) on a frequent basis If you do not seemingly micromanage your shopping through a celluar phone before dying. The mechanic itself is stupid and pays no thought whether the gold being stolen is from someone that has no items at all or minimal income and relentlessly penalizes them by repeatedly taking away the little resources they have. This becomes severely painful if you play a support character since many of the items they need are quite expensive and once you die maybe 1-2 times with 500-1000+ gold, you're majorly crippled for the rest of the entire game. LoL has none of this and you keep every penny even If you die repeatedly as the one who kills you gets a simple bounty.

b) In Dota 2, there are unwritten rules that It is mandatory for any support character to constantly empty their pockets in order to buy things such as couriers, wards, dust of disapperance/decept and sometimes even excessive tango (healing items). Sure, this makes sense as they do not have the biggest emergency to aquire items. Then.. Having the duty to buy these things and almost never be able to last-hit creeps/NPC's would be a fair point to make the assumption that support characters would have some additional support of income, no? Wrong. Dota 2 spits in the face of anyone who wants to play support by giving them the slowest possible income of any heroes and stomping them into the ground whenever they die, taking all the little gold they have. It's utterly moronic and creates nothing but conflicts in the form of certain support characters wanting a few dibs on last-hitting enemy heroes for quick cash or just trying to farm creeps by themselves. LoL balances this out significantly by allowing support characters to buy certain items that grants them extra gold whenever they're close to a mob dying that they did not kill. While the ones killing do get more gold, It is the best step possible to balancing things for people that want to play a supporting role while also giving everyone in-game free items that create wards, meaning less mandatory cash spending If you support.

c) In Dota 2, you can buy items at any time and anywhere during the battle and have your purchases delivered to you by a courier. Getting the courier to begin with for gold creates an unnecessary cash-pool for supports to throw money into, renders most stuff like boots of travel extremely undesireable (except for moronic be-everywhere-at-once tactics for certain heroes) and leaves every visit one takes to the town fountain to be due to surviving with 1 hp left from a battle. This mechanic also causes imbalance in the game itself by making strong recovery items be insanely valuable, especially the Heart of Tarrasque which boasts a whopping 80% winrate to whomever manages to purchase it as seen on the multi-million statistical website, Dotabuff. And even with that, you have to consider the dozens of new player who buy wrong items for wrong heroes or just people trolling & feeding and causing intentional losses. It's true stat could easily be 85-90% winrate.

2. Matchmaking: I'll be blunt. The match-making in Dota 2 does simply NOT WORK. For ANYONE. It more than frequently matches up complete beginners with people boasting 300-2000+ hours into the game and often slaps up groups with people up against soloers. This used to be somewhat bearable as there was an option before the "Give Diretide" incident to disable all grouping in the settings but now It's been removed as the MM is still horribly broken and ontop of that, also very uncustomizeable. While LoL is of course not without fault, It has a much, MUCH more stable MM where the only times you'll meet elites is when you partner up with one.

3. Balance/Gameplay: The devs in Dota 2 has repeatedly shown their complete and utter incompetence in all matter of balance, be it not properly using their public testing servers or just not giving a damn about facerolling heroes such as Mirana, Drow Ranger, Death Prophet, Pudge, etc whereas LoL has huge tendencies to have gigantic flip-overs in games where one team will immensively be winning (due to some rather seemingly overpowered early-on heroes) just to be overwhelmed later in in the game since LoL allows everyone to really flesh their builds out thanks to no gold loss on death. I've personally lost count on how many times my team wanted to surrender, played 15-30 more minutes and ended up winning by a mile thanks to teamwork and coordination from being repeatedly defeated. LoL also boasts a MUCH better response time in moves.

Character limit, But TL:DR = LoL is best.
  72. Jul 7, 2014
    Its hit the point of DDoS or 9 of 10 people trolling that this game is virtually unplayable.I have been playing since this game was in beta and for a long while this game was great, now it is just terrible to play with. Riot cares little of the players and only of their "balance" that generally breaks the game as opposed to fixing it.. Dont waste your time.
  73. Jul 6, 2014
    This game is so frustrating. Yes, its addicting but the community is either troll or toxic. Forget the forums to actually bring up issues, riot barely responds and troll users surf the forums. The east coast server is garbage and is ALWAYS laggy and disconnecting. The balance in the game is garbage, only a handful of champs are even play worthy and they are incapable of actually balancingThis game is so frustrating. Yes, its addicting but the community is either troll or toxic. Forget the forums to actually bring up issues, riot barely responds and troll users surf the forums. The east coast server is garbage and is ALWAYS laggy and disconnecting. The balance in the game is garbage, only a handful of champs are even play worthy and they are incapable of actually balancing champions and items. Your win rate is based soley off of your teammates because one single teammate can be enough to throw the whole game and the matchnaking system is a huge joke. Expand
  74. Jul 5, 2014
    THE MOST DESBALANCE GAME I EVER PLAY IN MY LIFE.. I dont understand why the people still playing lol.. Sure, I understand, it is adictive, extreme adictive, but, in fact, use the dota mecanic.. what is the real LOL mecanics have? nothing.. Items with mana that you would said "wtf" nothing to do this item with mana, or items with colddown, etc.. the riot development should resign to theTHE MOST DESBALANCE GAME I EVER PLAY IN MY LIFE.. I dont understand why the people still playing lol.. Sure, I understand, it is adictive, extreme adictive, but, in fact, use the dota mecanic.. what is the real LOL mecanics have? nothing.. Items with mana that you would said "wtf" nothing to do this item with mana, or items with colddown, etc.. the riot development should resign to the game progresses
    A GAME CREATED FOR KIDS.
    BY KIDS
  75. Jul 5, 2014
    Outstanding Potential, but then the line of success was broken by the community. Everything is the communities' fault, as well as unbalanced teams, and not to mention, why should you have to win so many matches to rank up? That's like if you were on a tightrope from France to New York, I'm DEAD serious.

RIP
  76. Jun 30, 2014
    Absolutely fantastic game ruined by the community. So many toxic players and trolls, its unbelievable. The ranking system is an absolute joke and does not reward players for skill, but rather luck. Find something else to play. I would give the game an 8 or 9 rating, but can't with due to the community. It is horrible and completely ruins the experience.
  77. Jun 30, 2014
    People are saying that some of the characters are OP (overpowered), yes some are somewhat easier than others but if your good and spend more time learning what the characters do you can say their pretty much equal just not on the the same area, like some are good on the beginning, some are good at other lanes you just need to know where to put the characters in the map and timing is anPeople are saying that some of the characters are OP (overpowered), yes some are somewhat easier than others but if your good and spend more time learning what the characters do you can say their pretty much equal just not on the the same area, like some are good on the beginning, some are good at other lanes you just need to know where to put the characters in the map and timing is an important thing.

LOL vs Dota 2:
    I've been playing Dota 2 and LOL, which one is better? well i would say it depends on the person, i personally like LOL more cause its clear where you are and the map isn't as big. What do i mean by that? Dota 2 has a more darker gameplay, the minions / creeps are bigger than LOL, and the characters aren't highlighted that much, this leads to not knowing where your character is and you can click on minions / creeps losing your character while in LOL the place is clear, it has more light in it, the characters are popping out a bit , and the minions are small, so you can focus on watching the enemy team and knowing the right moment to attack and you always have your character's life on screen and can get back to him / her anytime, another thing is the map is not that big and not much other things (trees, cliffs, etc) so its more clear where you are. They are even planning to change the whole area so that you can see more when your battling and even know where you are without looking in the map (i know that's sounds stupid but sometimes looking at the map can get you killed.) and they'll clear out some unnecessary things that makes the game look bad. So i definetly recommend LOL.
  78. Jun 29, 2014
    I play this game for almost 3 years. One of best games i ever played. And I cant belive how someone could actualy hate on one of best games ever. Realy, I wonder where all those objective reviews comes from ...
  79. Jun 29, 2014
    It seems that most of the commenters are haters and i can understand that. Most of them are hateful DOTA fans, others were just playing at the wrong ELO and others are graphic addicts. I like LOL how it is: Imperfect. the graphics is going to change soon, and the tribunal will be back to enliminate the ragekids and trolls. League of legends gets better by the day, and after the visualIt seems that most of the commenters are haters and i can understand that. Most of them are hateful DOTA fans, others were just playing at the wrong ELO and others are graphic addicts. I like LOL how it is: Imperfect. the graphics is going to change soon, and the tribunal will be back to enliminate the ragekids and trolls. League of legends gets better by the day, and after the visual update, i think it will outrun DOTA. I've played DOTA for nearly 1 month and i found it incredibly un-optimalized. But hey, that's just my opinion. Nonetheless, League of Legends gets better and better and i just can't wait for the updates. While in the beginning LOL had crappy graphics, imbalanced champs, and lots of bugs, today it is the best MOBA you can have. (For Free!) Expand
  80. Jun 27, 2014
    The best of the game is the chat after the games, it's hilarious......................................................................................
  81. Jun 23, 2014
    Garbage Game for Brain-dead Children. There's a reason why Pewdiepie is the most popular channel on YouTube and League of Legends is the most popular game. People are idiots and the masses like terrible things.
  82. Jun 20, 2014
    Really, what is this game about? Where is the fun? Why is this crap so popular? The battles are very boring and can last even for 1 hour. Sometimes the battles finish very early, because the game lets the noob players play in your team and makes you mad. I can't believe that millions of people are addicted to this crap, that it has the same fun like Microsoft PowerPoint... -_-
  83. Jun 16, 2014
    I love this game, although i wouldn't agree its for everyone. People complain about balancing problems, but riot is constantly fixing and updating them, they do listen to the community. If you've seen any tournaments you would realize this is a very competitive and enjoyable game.
  84. Jun 13, 2014
    One of the worst notable MOBAs available, while at the same time, clearly because of dark magics and Riot sacrificing the souls of its employees to Satan, the most popular one. Why is it popular? Well, because it's simple. It's actually absolute faceroll up to high platinum, some games feel like you're playing with bots.

Now, maybe I should start out by pointing out the positives about

Now, maybe I should start out by pointing out the positives about LoL?

OK, so this game is fun... if you're playing with friends. Except there are hundreds of games that are way more fun with friends. This argument is completely irrelevant, if a game is not fun without friends, then it's just not fun, so when someone tells you "LoL is fun when you're playing with friends", you can tell them just that. Every game is fun with friends. LoL is the epitome of an anti-fun game. The community is by far the worst community that was and ever will be, not even elitistjerks.com had scumbags the likes you meet in every LoL match.

So, that's about the only positive I can think of regarding LoL.

Now, the negatives. Oh, boy. I think I'd have to write that review for 2 hours just to get this right.

The servers are absolute mess. For 2 years now EU players are waiting for DECENT (not even perfect, just DECENT) servers. Back when I played, EU West had queues almost every day and there were regular lagfests, twice a week was pretty much a minimum. Riot is a multi-billion dollar company, and it's unable (or rather, unwilling) to deliver EU players proper servers.

Balance. Or rather - lack of balance. There are a few champions that are broken by design and countless nerfs just can't fix them. There are dozens of champions that are underpowered and as such are never, ever, picked in competitive scene. Compare that to DOTA2, where pretty much every character is very much playable in competitive scene, and you'll get the picture. There are also champions that are inherently OP and can do twice as much as the UP ones with half the effort. And then, instead of trying to balance the game, Riot is busy adding more champions that only ruin the game ever further.

The client. Oh god, the client. Such a terrible piece of **** It's laggy, often unresponsive, clunky and... Damn, words can't express how bad the LoL client is.

The community. Oh wait, I talked about that already. Just let me say again, LoL's community is the gutter of PC players' pool. During my whole 8 years in WoW I have not met as many antipathic, toxic, immature, despicable and mentally unstable human beings as I have in a week in LoL (I played LoL for over 2 years, so you can get the picture). And then WoW community isn't exactly known for being social, polite and helpful, neither.

The game is P2W. It is literally IMPOSSIBLE to farm up for everything you need to start playing ranked games. It just can't be done. A year or so ago I've read a chart that explained how long you'd have to play to get all champions and runes in game. It was over a year worth of time. A year of your life. You'd have to work full time for 3 years to unlock everything without buying RP. If you don't have runes and most champions, you are at a disadvantage in competitive play. This is pure P2W.

Oh well, I don't have time not space to write much more, so I'll leave it all at that. Stay away from this game, it's simply not worth the time and nerves.
  85. Jun 9, 2014
    One of the worst experience I had on videogames.
    I Have played this game since S2 , and with the time the game is just getting worse.
    The community is toxic, no matter what you do or what they do, they flame everything. mostly of them have no Idea of playing the game or know the metagame but the flame. the servers are absolute garbage, the client , even worse, 90's games have better
    One of the worst experience I had on videogames.
    the servers are absolute garbage, the client , even worse, 90's games have better graphics, clients and servers than this ''game''.
    Unbalanced. Well, at first you think that all champions have strenghts, but with the time you realize that there are just 3 champions on every role that outperforms the entire champion pool and are totally broken, a bad player with an extremely op champ can easy win against an average player with a mediocre champ.

The game is just fun when leveling and learning or playing with friends, when you try to play seriously and meet the community in rankeds and realize that the game is just bad, the gaming experience becomes horrible.
  86. Jun 8, 2014
    After playing this game since the end of Season 2 and all the way till the summer of Season 4. I have not found a more stressful and toxic game in my life and on top of that the game's servers lag all the time. You're better off staying away from this growing fad called MOBA games. If you really have to play a moba play Dota 2 at least they know how to manage and run a game.
  87. Jun 4, 2014
    League of Legends is an addictive competitive fun MOBA , its A great example of how A free to play game can work so well by not limiting progression through gameplay and gear items because of the fact it's free to play. Here are a few main issues i had though i would like to address
    > Another player cant enter a game to replace if another player leaves
    > Limited game maps > Limited
    > Another player cant enter a game to replace if another player leaves
    > Limited game maps
    > Limited repetitive music
    > Updates Updates and more Updates

But none the less if your a fan of MOBA competitive PVP this game is perfect for you (and it's free)
  88. May 31, 2014
    This is a game that never bored me. I've been playing it for 2 years and to me, I can't compare it with DOTA. These are just simply two different games and a war between this two will never stop. Overall the user score should be way up and should not be taken seriously. This game is addicting, once you start it may be a bit unfair since a lot of players on high levels are playing onThis is a game that never bored me. I've been playing it for 2 years and to me, I can't compare it with DOTA. These are just simply two different games and a war between this two will never stop. Overall the user score should be way up and should not be taken seriously. This game is addicting, once you start it may be a bit unfair since a lot of players on high levels are playing on another account. But when you get higher, the game becomes more and more addicting. The urge to rise on the ladders and becoming one of the best is so high that eventually you will be playing at the top too.

Give this game a fair chance and maybe you will be playing it too, it's fun once you get into it.
  89. May 27, 2014
    As someone who has played both League of Legends and Dota 2, I can say that of the two I would prefer to play Dota. Now, that does not mean that LoL is a bad game, it just means that I think that Dota mechanics make more sense.

League offers a larger community of players with a gameplay based almost entirely on items. Abilities of the player are made stronger only through the items that are bought and hardly at all through leveling. The rune system is pretty much pointless until the player reaches level 20 and can purchase the Tier 3s, but even then they will have played against people with an advantage due to their runes and masteries. Plus the player has to either earn enough IP to unlock champions or purchase RP to unlock them.

In Dota, all of the champs come free to play, and the only items that the player purchases with real money are character sets. In game the character scales based off of leveling. Also, something that League has just gotten around to adding; Dota has had an in-game voice chat since the release and if someone is being toxic there is a mute button for chat and in-game text chat. There are no runes or masteries that give seasoned players any advantage over newcomers, and the game is based more on skill than it is dependent on runes and masteries.

Overall, League has a larger player base, but Dota has superior gameplay opportunity.
  90. May 18, 2014
    Pros:
    Easy to learn
    Quite fun
    Large player pool

Cons:
    Toxic community
    Horrible graphic
    Unstable server
    Locked champ
    Unbalance
    Lack of strategy

Overall: Suck game unless you want some fun with your friend
  91. May 15, 2014
    YARRAAK GİBİ OYUN AQ, GİDİN DOTA OYNAYIN. BOŞUNA VAKİT KAYBI LAN BU OYUN RESMEN. DOTA VARKEN BUNU OYNAYANLARIN AKLINA SIÇAYIM AMK, ÇOK MAL İNSAN VAR. DOTA IS THE BEST !!
  92. May 12, 2014
    Like many other popular games this game has too many fanboys and too many haters,its always being loved or hated for all the wrong reasons.
    One thing people complain about is the simplicity, yes it is simpler then DotA, no its not simple, and being simpler then DotA doesn't make a game bad in any way. LoL has complexity that is different to what DotA has that most people, especially DotA players, don't understand, or don't want to understand, while being simple enough for people who are new to the genre or don't have enough time to practice and learn something more complex and hardcore.
    LoL has a perfect imbalance, but many players just don't get how it works so many will complain about OP champions too.
    Another thing people complain about is the way LoL does free to play, but thats mostly idiots who think that free to play must be only done in the one way their favorite company does it, or that f2p is evil and should be never done.
    The real problem LoL does have is its horrible community, its better for more people, theres a larger audience that keeps growing, plus its a genre where team play and communication are important, so obviously there will be lots of stupid people, and you will meet some of them. But its not the worst community, its not as bad as DotA for example.
  93. May 7, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. back to starcraft...
    note:you either are really good or really bad. No place for diamond league starcraft 2 HOTS players...
    Don't get me wrong, I loved this game when it came out, i even quit starcraft and dropped $50 on riot points...but now they have a community so bad they need a honor system...they keep adding new champions and disregarding old ones...

I still faithfully watch all the youtube videos. they are almost as good as the Blizzard ones. Until they change the stuff back, I am leaving my level 30 account alone to gather dust.

FOR THE SWARM!!! BRING BACK BURROW CHARGE!!!! WAS AWESOME IN BETA!!!(this is starcraft)
  94. May 5, 2014
    Amazing ! I just got 3500 RP code for totally FREE ! Come and download code too

>> http://RiotPoint.eu/

this is great and i think this is 150 characters long
  95. May 4, 2014
    Fun game? Yes
    Good Game? Far from it.
    First, as is often the case with F2P MOBA games, most people are snob and toxic, no one can fix it, you have to find more than 4 people who can trust and play with, if you want to ENJOY the game. Second, the balancing is horrible, I really can't believe they have a PBE server to test things, almost every new champ or item brought to live server
    Fun game? Yes
    Good Game? Far from it.

Second, the balancing is horrible, I really can't believe they have a PBE server to test things, almost every new champ or item brought to live server is broken and so game-changing.
    It seems there are no logic or principle behind their balance, just pumping out new things to keep people playing.
  96. May 3, 2014
    Well. This game is really not bad. I playing in LOL by 2 years. Graphics - bad, but for me not most important. What is mostly irritating - community. Really, this game starting to be kindgarten. I am 21 years old and started to feel like another idiot playing it. Just awful flame, no matter how u or someone else playing, if u playing good - no help, if u playing in jungle - not enoughWell. This game is really not bad. I playing in LOL by 2 years. Graphics - bad, but for me not most important. What is mostly irritating - community. Really, this game starting to be kindgarten. I am 21 years old and started to feel like another idiot playing it. Just awful flame, no matter how u or someone else playing, if u playing good - no help, if u playing in jungle - not enough ganks, etc etc, just terrible to play. I playin this game less and less, cause of not fun getting from it. Expand
  97. Apr 30, 2014
    This game is currently the most popular MOBA for several reasons : It is colorful, more simple to handle than most of its counterparts, and as such less frustrating. There is a lot of content, and even after several years, more new content is coming.

Still, LoL, was one of the first great game where "Pay2Win" was not possible, and as a lot of games later came out trying to do this same system, it feels better to start playing F2P without having to hand in 50 bucks to get a small advantadge.

The issues in this game can be summed up in one sentence. Riot underestimate greatly the growth of the playerbase's size. This lead to very specific points being fixed, turning into champions getting gutted or overpowered because Riot tries too much too answer a plead from what turns out to be a small part of the community.

As such, the community in this game is unbearable. Ragers, leavers, griefers, squeakers turn a lot of game into a living hell.

Play this game with friends. That's all.
  98. Apr 29, 2014
    ===========
    I hate the camera pan and no real autoattack. Diverse hero pool is diverse which is good.
  99. Apr 28, 2014
    Overall "positive" remarkable gaming experience like no other. Worst gaming community. Worst publishers. You lose for the most stupidest reasons. You win because they **** their pants. You start right off the bat with the intensifying games. Addicting as **** you can go ahead and waste your time drastically compared to other games as I did. These factors cause you to throw your life away.Overall "positive" remarkable gaming experience like no other. Worst gaming community. Worst publishers. You lose for the most stupidest reasons. You win because they **** their pants. You start right off the bat with the intensifying games. Addicting as **** you can go ahead and waste your time drastically compared to other games as I did. These factors cause you to throw your life away. If there were pills designed to end the League of Legends addiction, I would take as much as possible. 3 months isn't enough to get it out of your system. This pain in the ass takes years. Expand
  100. pew
    Apr 28, 2014
    Pros
    Good community( for a moba)
    Low learning curve (for a moba)
    Simple design and concept
    Free
    Not pay to win

Cons
    Bad community
    focus on competitive play rather then average players
    repetitive

1. Aug 5, 2013
    I find that with League of Legends, Riot has cultivated one of the most unique spaces in gaming history—mostly for good reasons but also for some awful ones, and in the gaming museum of the future, League is sure to have its own wing.
  2. Nov 15, 2011
    League of Legends handles well the worst problem DOTA has: its autistic n00b-hating elite players. Thanks to match making, now we weaklings dare to play. [Nov 2011]
  3. Feb 1, 2011
    Improvements are constantly being updated and although team mates make or break many matches, there is genuine fun to be found.