5.6

1. Jul 26, 2014
    LoL sucks big time the graphics are poorly made unless your 12 then you'd say its good dota 2 has better graphics no only does lol suck but so do 99% of the players dota has a bigger nicer community it's a giant wannabe version of dota 2 dota will always be better i give this a 0 because this game sucks and its a pay to win game more money makes you win every game and thats stupid its shortened lol because the game is a JOKE! Expand
  2. Jul 25, 2014
    I have played this moba for 2 years now and consider myself rather accustomed to this game.
    To start off, this game has two ways of playing it: You can team up with random, real people against the AI, or you can play against others.
    League of Legends until now is distributed into 4 maps, but is mainly played on it's most popular map, Summoner's Rift. On this map, you join 4 other players
    to take down the enemy's Nexus (basically the heart of their base). The game has a wide variety of balanced characters(champions) to choose from each with individual skills and gameplay. Also, before the match starts, runes and masteries help you buff your champion at the beginning or progressively at the end of the game, each game lasting approximately 20-45 minutes. However you need to unlock them one-by-one first. League is a free to play game with micro transactions, however it is not pay-to-win.
    The graphics are decent, although they will be upgraded in a short while. Also, the game has numerous updates, keeping the community entertained.
    Lastly, it has an enormous competitive scene with countless of thrilling tournaments.
    This game can be tons of fun when played with friends in order to take down the enemy strategically and sometimes you can get a good laughter out of it. However, after playing the game for a rather long time, the gameplay becomes repetitive and rather boring. In addition to that, you often get matched up with rude, inconsiderate, flamers (people who use indecent language during the game). This can become a tremendous problem when trying to reach a higher place in the ranking system of League of Legends, therefore causing the game to be tense and not relaxing. It definitely requires patience and good morals to play the game, which in my opinion very few people of the community have.
  3. Jul 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I would consider this is a casual online game running by a investment company. Riot try to promo this game as professional/competitive game, but run in the opposite way. I even doubt whether they understand their product in deep.

1. characters are unbalance. You can find the counter characters easily. It makes the game less competitive and boring.

2. lazy client service. No matter what your request is, the answer would be the same.

3. Dishonest company. These people care more about the advertisement and quantity of players rather than the quality. Lots of fake statements and statistic data you can find here. Riot try to make people believe that being nice is the way for the win but not skill.

4. crazy language/mind control. There is no freedom of speaking in this game at all. You cannot say anything negative to anyone, even though they are completely unskill.

5. negative attitude/unskill players in the game. Most players do not care about the win/lose, and these players are usually bad. Nothing you can do for yourself, and you have to chill them up, just like a babysitter.

6. matching system. I cannot tell they ever improve the matching system. I had a unrank player in silver 2 rank game before, which was ridiculous.
  4. Jul 21, 2014
    League of Legends is a fantastic game. Most reviews here seem to be focused on the graphics. Why? There is absolutely nothing wrong with the graphics, (sure they aren't 10/10 but this allows people with 'not-so-good' PCs to play.) the game can still look awfully pretty. While there are few maps and game modes they don't seem to get boring, (I've owned LoL for over a year). And while the game doesn't seem very appealing at first you'll soon get addicted. Unlike most free to play games, this is NOT a pay-to-win. Sure, you can use real money to get things faster, but it really doesn't take too long to get the characters you want. Not only this, but each week plenty characters are free allowing you to test them before buying them. Overall this is a great game, and the only reason I'm not giving it a 10/10 is because of the community. Almost every game you'll get into will be full of someone raging, or someone purposely feeding. This isn't really Riot's fault, but they could at least cracking down on these users. Expand
  5. Jul 20, 2014
    As a game, this is near perfect for me. The playerbase is at times extremely hostile, but the game itself is very good. This is one of the best games to play with friends.
  6. Jul 20, 2014
    I've enjoyed playing League of Legends the last couple of years, and this game never get's old. It's balanced pretty well, and the devs are constantly fixing bugs and balancing the game as they add new content, such as more Champions.
    It is a really addictive game to play, and alot of fun with friends. You can form a ranked 5v5 or 3v3 team to play in a competetive ranked match.

Pros

- Good learning curve for new players
    - Addictive game
    - Fun with friends
    - Ranked system
    - Every champion can be bought for in-game money (Rest is purely cosmetic skins you can buy for irl money
    - Balanced game

Cons

- Sometimes (Sometimes very often) you encounter players that doesn't care about your team and starts trolling (Feeding on purpose etc)
    - Games can be extremely frustrating because of what i've mentioned just above
    - Alot of people is smurfing (Having a lvl 30 account, then making a new one) making it hard for new players to find the game fun at times.
  7. Jul 17, 2014
    The game is a lot of fun and super addictive. The game is now super vast with over 100 different characters to play as. Riot continues to update and revise the game frequently especially when one of the characters is over powered.
    The game is great and really competitive (its also free) so why not try it out?
  8. Jul 17, 2014
    The game itself is really good, RIOT's employees are great and the LCS (pro-league) is awesome. The only thing that made me stop playing this game is the community, honestly it'd be better if there were no chat at all and everyone just communicated through pings. From my experience 1 out of 5 players is nice (personality-wise), 2 out of 5 are not that bad (or don't write in chat at all), and the other 2 out of are completely toxic, blaming everyone for their mistakes and calling you words I didn't even know were insults. Expand
  9. Jul 13, 2014
    I'm not sure how you are able to play this game when you die in 1 or two hits from players that seem to be way more powerful. This is not really a fair strategy game. Its not incentive for new people to play. Also there was not much communication going on in the game. The game is also full of text everywhere which is completely overwhelming for a new player. The shop at the home base and the spells are pretty busy. This has similar problems of a typical RPG except it isn't an RPG. There is some cool fighting going on with similar movements to other RTS games, but the core gameplay doesn't seem to be much. You go in and get decimated by powerful players. End of story. Lastly I refuse to play a game that bans me for playing, and then having to bow out of a match. Games seem to be very long, longer than a physical game would go without any break. Overwhelmingly I can't see why someone would spend longer than 20 minutes getting into this when there are faster action games to play, and better strategy games out there. But its at least playable and runs well on old hardware, unlike DOTA. So its better than DOTA, but I can't say this game is fun at all. You'd have to be kind of retarded to think this game is fun. Expand
  10. Jul 12, 2014
    This game contains more than a hundred different heroes, 4 very different maps and a horrible community. The game itself is amazing. It's really well made and the champions are unique and most of them are fun to play. The only problem with this game is that most players act like retards. But as long as you just mute the scumbags you will love it.
  11. Jul 10, 2014
    I decided to update my review after I've been away from the game for awhile. I began playing in 2009. I thought it was amazing and quickly became addicted. Over the next 4 years I put well over 1000 hours into the game. I finally uninstalled it in fall 2013 and haven't looked back.

This game WILL anger you. This game WILL frustrate you. This game WILL end up wasting a lot of your
    time. Whether its the queues, ragers who throw out games, or the fact that you're locked into games for a solid 30+ minutes, there's a LOT of time that goes down the drain. Out of my 1500 hours I probably sat around wishing I wasn't in a particular match, or waiting in queues, or being extremely frustrated for about 200 hours. This is a generous estimate btw, it was most likely more time.

After I finally uninstalled the frustration in my life cleared up. I get along more easily with people and I no longer feel like I'm wasting time when I'm playing video games (even though it technically is a waste, haha).

The game is fun, but I believe the MOBA genre is too new, it needs to be refined.
  12. Jul 10, 2014
    Really boring and easy game.I can't enjoy this brat game LoL.Heroes are too artificial.Too many heroes appear in this game and hero picks are really hard.Worst MOBA ever.
  13. Jul 9, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Hello!
    This game is for **** **** and fat bronies. le ****
    I don't like this game. It is for ignorant c U nt s and little kids. le 9f4g.
    lalalalalala
    shiet gaemz
  14. Jul 7, 2014
    There are some key differences between LoL and Dota 2 which makes me think League of Legends is a better game (even if the developers are a bunch of massive, censorshipping, controversal cu nts) and I'll do my best to state these below.

1. The way gold is handled: a) In Dota 2, If you die with any significant amount of gold, you are guaranteed to lose at least 20-50% of it (and even all
    of it in some cases) on a frequent basis If you do not seemingly micromanage your shopping through a celluar phone before dying. The mechanic itself is stupid and pays no thought whether the gold being stolen is from someone that has no items at all or minimal income and relentlessly penalizes them by repeatedly taking away the little resources they have. This becomes severely painful if you play a support character since many of the items they need are quite expensive and once you die maybe 1-2 times with 500-1000+ gold, you're majorly crippled for the rest of the entire game. LoL has none of this and you keep every penny even If you die repeatedly as the one who kills you gets a simple bounty.

b) In Dota 2, there are unwritten rules that It is mandatory for any support character to constantly empty their pockets in order to buy things such as couriers, wards, dust of disapperance/decept and sometimes even excessive tango (healing items). Sure, this makes sense as they do not have the biggest emergency to aquire items. Then.. Having the duty to buy these things and almost never be able to last-hit creeps/NPC's would be a fair point to make the assumption that support characters would have some additional support of income, no? Wrong. Dota 2 spits in the face of anyone who wants to play support by giving them the slowest possible income of any heroes and stomping them into the ground whenever they die, taking all the little gold they have. It's utterly moronic and creates nothing but conflicts in the form of certain support characters wanting a few dibs on last-hitting enemy heroes for quick cash or just trying to farm creeps by themselves. LoL balances this out significantly by allowing support characters to buy certain items that grants them extra gold whenever they're close to a mob dying that they did not kill. While the ones killing do get more gold, It is the best step possible to balancing things for people that want to play a supporting role while also giving everyone in-game free items that create wards, meaning less mandatory cash spending If you support.

c) In Dota 2, you can buy items at any time and anywhere during the battle and have your purchases delivered to you by a courier. Getting the courier to begin with for gold creates an unnecessary cash-pool for supports to throw money into, renders most stuff like boots of travel extremely undesireable (except for moronic be-everywhere-at-once tactics for certain heroes) and leaves every visit one takes to the town fountain to be due to surviving with 1 hp left from a battle. This mechanic also causes imbalance in the game itself by making strong recovery items be insanely valuable, especially the Heart of Tarrasque which boasts a whopping 80% winrate to whomever manages to purchase it as seen on the multi-million statistical website, Dotabuff. And even with that, you have to consider the dozens of new player who buy wrong items for wrong heroes or just people trolling & feeding and causing intentional losses. It's true stat could easily be 85-90% winrate.

2. Matchmaking: I'll be blunt. The match-making in Dota 2 does simply NOT WORK. For ANYONE. It more than frequently matches up complete beginners with people boasting 300-2000+ hours into the game and often slaps up groups with people up against soloers. This used to be somewhat bearable as there was an option before the "Give Diretide" incident to disable all grouping in the settings but now It's been removed as the MM is still horribly broken and ontop of that, also very uncustomizeable. While LoL is of course not without fault, It has a much, MUCH more stable MM where the only times you'll meet elites is when you partner up with one.

3. Balance/Gameplay: The devs in Dota 2 has repeatedly shown their complete and utter incompetence in all matter of balance, be it not properly using their public testing servers or just not giving a damn about facerolling heroes such as Mirana, Drow Ranger, Death Prophet, Pudge, etc whereas LoL has huge tendencies to have gigantic flip-overs in games where one team will immensively be winning (due to some rather seemingly overpowered early-on heroes) just to be overwhelmed later in in the game since LoL allows everyone to really flesh their builds out thanks to no gold loss on death. I've personally lost count on how many times my team wanted to surrender, played 15-30 more minutes and ended up winning by a mile thanks to teamwork and coordination from being repeatedly defeated. LoL also boasts a MUCH better response time in moves.

Character limit, But TL:DR = LoL is best.
  15. Jul 7, 2014
    Its hit the point of DDoS or 9 of 10 people trolling that this game is virtually unplayable.I have been playing since this game was in beta and for a long while this game was great, now it is just terrible to play with. Riot cares little of the players and only of their "balance" that generally breaks the game as opposed to fixing it.. Dont waste your time.
  16. Jul 6, 2014
    This game is so frustrating. Yes, its addicting but the community is either troll or toxic. Forget the forums to actually bring up issues, riot barely responds and troll users surf the forums. The east coast server is garbage and is ALWAYS laggy and disconnecting. The balance in the game is garbage, only a handful of champs are even play worthy and they are incapable of actually balancing champions and items. Your win rate is based soley off of your teammates because one single teammate can be enough to throw the whole game and the matchnaking system is a huge joke. Expand
  17. Jul 5, 2014
    THE MOST DESBALANCE GAME I EVER PLAY IN MY LIFE.. I dont understand why the people still playing lol.. Sure, I understand, it is adictive, extreme adictive, but, in fact, use the dota mecanic.. what is the real LOL mecanics have? nothing.. Items with mana that you would said "wtf" nothing to do this item with mana, or items with colddown, etc.. the riot development should resign to the game progresses
    A GAME CREATED FOR KIDS.
    BY KIDS
  18. Jul 5, 2014
    Outstanding Potential, but then the line of success was broken by the community. Everything is the communities' fault, as well as unbalanced teams, and not to mention, why should you have to win so many matches to rank up? That's like if you were on a tightrope from France to New York, I'm DEAD serious.

RIP
  19. Jun 30, 2014
    Absolutely fantastic game ruined by the community. So many toxic players and trolls, its unbelievable. The ranking system is an absolute joke and does not reward players for skill, but rather luck. Find something else to play. I would give the game an 8 or 9 rating, but can't with due to the community. It is horrible and completely ruins the experience.
  20. Jun 30, 2014
    People are saying that some of the characters are OP (overpowered), yes some are somewhat easier than others but if your good and spend more time learning what the characters do you can say their pretty much equal just not on the the same area, like some are good on the beginning, some are good at other lanes you just need to know where to put the characters in the map and timing is an important thing.

LOL vs Dota 2:
    I've been playing Dota 2 and LOL, which one is better? well i would say it depends on the person, i personally like LOL more cause its clear where you are and the map isn't as big. What do i mean by that? Dota 2 has a more darker gameplay, the minions / creeps are bigger than LOL, and the characters aren't highlighted that much, this leads to not knowing where your character is and you can click on minions / creeps losing your character while in LOL the place is clear, it has more light in it, the characters are popping out a bit , and the minions are small, so you can focus on watching the enemy team and knowing the right moment to attack and you always have your character's life on screen and can get back to him / her anytime, another thing is the map is not that big and not much other things (trees, cliffs, etc) so its more clear where you are. They are even planning to change the whole area so that you can see more when your battling and even know where you are without looking in the map (i know that's sounds stupid but sometimes looking at the map can get you killed.) and they'll clear out some unnecessary things that makes the game look bad. So i definetly recommend LOL.
  21. Jun 29, 2014
    I play this game for almost 3 years. One of best games i ever played. And I cant belive how someone could actualy hate on one of best games ever. Realy, I wonder where all those objective reviews comes from ...
  22. Jun 29, 2014
    It seems that most of the commenters are haters and i can understand that. Most of them are hateful DOTA fans, others were just playing at the wrong ELO and others are graphic addicts. I like LOL how it is: Imperfect. the graphics is going to change soon, and the tribunal will be back to enliminate the ragekids and trolls. League of legends gets better by the day, and after the visual update, i think it will outrun DOTA. I've played DOTA for nearly 1 month and i found it incredibly un-optimalized. But hey, that's just my opinion. Nonetheless, League of Legends gets better and better and i just can't wait for the updates. While in the beginning LOL had crappy graphics, imbalanced champs, and lots of bugs, today it is the best MOBA you can have. (For Free!) Expand
  23. Jun 27, 2014
    The best of the game is the chat after the games, it's hilarious......................................................................................
  24. Jun 23, 2014
    Garbage Game for Brain-dead Children. There's a reason why Pewdiepie is the most popular channel on YouTube and League of Legends is the most popular game. People are idiots and the masses like terrible things.
  25. Jun 20, 2014
    Really, what is this game about? Where is the fun? Why is this crap so popular? The battles are very boring and can last even for 1 hour. Sometimes the battles finish very early, because the game lets the noob players play in your team and makes you mad. I can't believe that millions of people are addicted to this crap, that it has the same fun like Microsoft PowerPoint... -_-
  26. Jun 16, 2014
    I love this game, although i wouldn't agree its for everyone. People complain about balancing problems, but riot is constantly fixing and updating them, they do listen to the community. If you've seen any tournaments you would realize this is a very competitive and enjoyable game.
  27. Jun 13, 2014
    One of the worst notable MOBAs available, while at the same time, clearly because of dark magics and Riot sacrificing the souls of its employees to Satan, the most popular one. Why is it popular? Well, because it's simple. It's actually absolute faceroll up to high platinum, some games feel like you're playing with bots.

Now, maybe I should start out by pointing out the positives about
    LoL?

OK, so this game is fun... if you're playing with friends. Except there are hundreds of games that are way more fun with friends. This argument is completely irrelevant, if a game is not fun without friends, then it's just not fun, so when someone tells you "LoL is fun when you're playing with friends", you can tell them just that. Every game is fun with friends. LoL is the epitome of an anti-fun game. The community is by far the worst community that was and ever will be, not even elitistjerks.com had scumbags the likes you meet in every LoL match.

So, that's about the only positive I can think of regarding LoL.

Now, the negatives. Oh, boy. I think I'd have to write that review for 2 hours just to get this right.

The servers are absolute mess. For 2 years now EU players are waiting for DECENT (not even perfect, just DECENT) servers. Back when I played, EU West had queues almost every day and there were regular lagfests, twice a week was pretty much a minimum. Riot is a multi-billion dollar company, and it's unable (or rather, unwilling) to deliver EU players proper servers.

Balance. Or rather - lack of balance. There are a few champions that are broken by design and countless nerfs just can't fix them. There are dozens of champions that are underpowered and as such are never, ever, picked in competitive scene. Compare that to DOTA2, where pretty much every character is very much playable in competitive scene, and you'll get the picture. There are also champions that are inherently OP and can do twice as much as the UP ones with half the effort. And then, instead of trying to balance the game, Riot is busy adding more champions that only ruin the game ever further.

The client. Oh god, the client. Such a terrible piece of **** It's laggy, often unresponsive, clunky and... Damn, words can't express how bad the LoL client is.

The community. Oh wait, I talked about that already. Just let me say again, LoL's community is the gutter of PC players' pool. During my whole 8 years in WoW I have not met as many antipathic, toxic, immature, despicable and mentally unstable human beings as I have in a week in LoL (I played LoL for over 2 years, so you can get the picture). And then WoW community isn't exactly known for being social, polite and helpful, neither.

The game is P2W. It is literally IMPOSSIBLE to farm up for everything you need to start playing ranked games. It just can't be done. A year or so ago I've read a chart that explained how long you'd have to play to get all champions and runes in game. It was over a year worth of time. A year of your life. You'd have to work full time for 3 years to unlock everything without buying RP. If you don't have runes and most champions, you are at a disadvantage in competitive play. This is pure P2W.

Oh well, I don't have time not space to write much more, so I'll leave it all at that. Stay away from this game, it's simply not worth the time and nerves.
  28. Jun 9, 2014
    One of the worst experience I had on videogames.
    I Have played this game since S2 , and with the time the game is just getting worse.
    The community is toxic, no matter what you do or what they do, they flame everything. mostly of them have no Idea of playing the game or know the metagame but the flame.
    the servers are absolute garbage, the client , even worse, 90's games have better
    graphics, clients and servers than this ''game''.
    Unbalanced. Well, at first you think that all champions have strenghts, but with the time you realize that there are just 3 champions on every role that outperforms the entire champion pool and are totally broken, a bad player with an extremely op champ can easy win against an average player with a mediocre champ.

The game is just fun when leveling and learning or playing with friends, when you try to play seriously and meet the community in rankeds and realize that the game is just bad, the gaming experience becomes horrible.
  29. Jun 8, 2014
    After playing this game since the end of Season 2 and all the way till the summer of Season 4. I have not found a more stressful and toxic game in my life and on top of that the game's servers lag all the time. You're better off staying away from this growing fad called MOBA games. If you really have to play a moba play Dota 2 at least they know how to manage and run a game.
  30. Jun 4, 2014
    League of Legends is an addictive competitive fun MOBA , its A great example of how A free to play game can work so well by not limiting progression through gameplay and gear items because of the fact it's free to play. Here are a few main issues i had though i would like to address
    > Another player cant enter a game to replace if another player leaves
    > Limited game maps
    > Limited
    repetitive music
    > Updates Updates and more Updates

But none the less if your a fan of MOBA competitive PVP this game is perfect for you (and it's free)
  31. May 31, 2014
    This is a game that never bored me. I've been playing it for 2 years and to me, I can't compare it with DOTA. These are just simply two different games and a war between this two will never stop. Overall the user score should be way up and should not be taken seriously. This game is addicting, once you start it may be a bit unfair since a lot of players on high levels are playing on another account. But when you get higher, the game becomes more and more addicting. The urge to rise on the ladders and becoming one of the best is so high that eventually you will be playing at the top too.

Give this game a fair chance and maybe you will be playing it too, it's fun once you get into it.
  32. May 27, 2014
    As someone who has played both League of Legends and Dota 2, I can say that of the two I would prefer to play Dota. Now, that does not mean that LoL is a bad game, it just means that I think that Dota mechanics make more sense.

League offers a larger community of players with a gameplay based almost entirely on items. Abilities of the player are made stronger only through the items that
    are bought and hardly at all through leveling. The rune system is pretty much pointless until the player reaches level 20 and can purchase the Tier 3s, but even then they will have played against people with an advantage due to their runes and masteries. Plus the player has to either earn enough IP to unlock champions or purchase RP to unlock them.

In Dota, all of the champs come free to play, and the only items that the player purchases with real money are character sets. In game the character scales based off of leveling. Also, something that League has just gotten around to adding; Dota has had an in-game voice chat since the release and if someone is being toxic there is a mute button for chat and in-game text chat. There are no runes or masteries that give seasoned players any advantage over newcomers, and the game is based more on skill than it is dependent on runes and masteries.

Overall, League has a larger player base, but Dota has superior gameplay opportunity.
  33. May 18, 2014
    Pros:
    Easy to learn
    Quite fun
    Large player pool

Cons:
    Toxic community
    Horrible graphic
    Unstable server
    Locked champ
    Unbalance
    Lack of strategy

Overall: Suck game unless you want some fun with your friend
  34. May 15, 2014
    YARRAAK GİBİ OYUN AQ, GİDİN DOTA OYNAYIN. BOŞUNA VAKİT KAYBI LAN BU OYUN RESMEN. DOTA VARKEN BUNU OYNAYANLARIN AKLINA SIÇAYIM AMK, ÇOK MAL İNSAN VAR. DOTA IS THE BEST !!
  35. May 12, 2014
    Like many other popular games this game has too many fanboys and too many haters,its always being loved or hated for all the wrong reasons.
    One thing people complain about is the simplicity, yes it is simpler then DotA, no its not simple, and being simpler then DotA doesn't make a game bad in any way. LoL has complexity that is different to what DotA has that most people, especially DotA
    players, don't understand, or don't want to understand, while being simple enough for people who are new to the genre or don't have enough time to practice and learn something more complex and hardcore.
    LoL has a perfect imbalance, but many players just don't get how it works so many will complain about OP champions too.
    Another thing people complain about is the way LoL does free to play, but thats mostly idiots who think that free to play must be only done in the one way their favorite company does it, or that f2p is evil and should be never done.
    The real problem LoL does have is its horrible community, its better for more people, theres a larger audience that keeps growing, plus its a genre where team play and communication are important, so obviously there will be lots of stupid people, and you will meet some of them. But its not the worst community, its not as bad as DotA for example.
  36. May 7, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. back to starcraft...
    note:you either are really good or really bad. No place for diamond league starcraft 2 HOTS players...
    Don't get me wrong, I loved this game when it came out, i even quit starcraft and dropped $50 on riot points...but now they have a community so bad they need a honor system...they keep adding new champions and disregarding old ones...

I still faithfully watch all the youtube videos. they are almost as good as the Blizzard ones. Until they change the stuff back, I am leaving my level 30 account alone to gather dust.

FOR THE SWARM!!! BRING BACK BURROW CHARGE!!!! WAS AWESOME IN BETA!!!(this is starcraft)
  37. May 5, 2014
    Amazing ! I just got 3500 RP code for totally FREE ! Come and download code too

this is great and i think this is 150 characters long
  38. May 4, 2014
    Fun game? Yes Good Game? Far from it. First, as is often the case with F2P MOBA games, most people are snob and toxic, no one can fix it, you have to find more than 4 people who can trust and play with, if you want to ENJOY the game. Second, the balancing is horrible, I really can't believe they have a PBE server to test things, almost every new champ or item brought to live server is broken and so game-changing.
    It seems there are no logic or principle behind their balance, just pumping out new things to keep people playing.
  39. May 3, 2014
    Well. This game is really not bad. I playing in LOL by 2 years. Graphics - bad, but for me not most important. What is mostly irritating - community. Really, this game starting to be kindgarten. I am 21 years old and started to feel like another idiot playing it. Just awful flame, no matter how u or someone else playing, if u playing good - no help, if u playing in jungle - not enough ganks, etc etc, just terrible to play. I playin this game less and less, cause of not fun getting from it. Expand
  40. Apr 30, 2014
    This game is currently the most popular MOBA for several reasons : It is colorful, more simple to handle than most of its counterparts, and as such less frustrating. There is a lot of content, and even after several years, more new content is coming.

Still, LoL, was one of the first great game where "Pay2Win" was not possible, and as a lot of games later came out trying to do this same
    system, it feels better to start playing F2P without having to hand in 50 bucks to get a small advantadge.

The issues in this game can be summed up in one sentence. Riot underestimate greatly the growth of the playerbase's size. This lead to very specific points being fixed, turning into champions getting gutted or overpowered because Riot tries too much too answer a plead from what turns out to be a small part of the community.

As such, the community in this game is unbearable. Ragers, leavers, griefers, squeakers turn a lot of game into a living hell.

Play this game with friends. That's all.
  41. Apr 29, 2014
    ===========
    I hate the camera pan and no real autoattack. Diverse hero pool is diverse which is good.
  42. Apr 28, 2014
    Overall "positive" remarkable gaming experience like no other. Worst gaming community. Worst publishers. You lose for the most stupidest reasons. You win because they **** their pants. You start right off the bat with the intensifying games. Addicting as **** you can go ahead and waste your time drastically compared to other games as I did. These factors cause you to throw your life away. If there were pills designed to end the League of Legends addiction, I would take as much as possible. 3 months isn't enough to get it out of your system. This pain in the ass takes years. Expand
  43. pew
    Apr 28, 2014
    Pros
    Good community( for a moba)
    Low learning curve (for a moba)
    Simple design and concept
    Free
    Not pay to win

Cons
    Bad community
    focus on competitive play rather then average players
    repetitive
  44. Apr 28, 2014
    I have played this a good amount and thinks its a pretty good game. Tho i have switched to Dota 2 because i find it better. It still play LoL sometimes but not as much as Dota 2.
  45. Apr 26, 2014
    This game is a lot of fun and addicting. I've spent many hours in it. Its hampered by a really crappy community and a terrible game client. For free, however, I can't complain. I bought some characters but haven't spent more than $20 I'd say. And for that price, I definitely got my money's worth.
  46. Apr 24, 2014
    This game will make you rage, you have to have a high tolerance for a lot of ego bursting kids who think they are the best at the game. If you can survive that aspect of the game then you will find that it is actually quite fun. For a moba game its simple and user friendly, the amount of content this game has is extremely high considering the developers seem to be adding and increasing champions, etc… weekly. There are some balance issues but that goes with almost all online games. It is extremely competitive game and has little to no casual gameplay to it. Everyone thinks they are the best and if you don't match their standards they will let you know. Makes this game have one of the worst online communities out there.

Gameplay: Simple, Clean, easy learning curve and free to play which means anyone can enjoy it. There really is no pay to win in this game as all champions can be unlocked with time. Online only game as there is no single player and the community is evil for the most part. Very few people are willing to help and considering this game is completely revolved around teamwork it makes for a hard environment to have fun. If you can manage to get a group of friends then this game can be a blast.

Replay Value: High, every match plays out differently. Tons of champions to play and choose from, different team variations. Should keep you busy for as long as you are enjoying the game.

Overall im mixed on this game, game is fun and enjoyable to play with friends. Yet the community really ruins this game and makes for some impossible to win situations as trolls are plentiful.
  47. Apr 24, 2014
    I've been a fan of this game since I started playing back in 2011. It didn't take long though for me to to grow tired of the horribly toxic community. The game plays well, the roster is nice but the community alone is more than enough to cause me not to play (unless I can get 4 friends). 4 friends playing? I'd throw it up to a 7 or 8. Playing solo? I'd rather chew aluminum foil.
  48. Apr 22, 2014
    Poorly balanced, old graphics, rather boring, toxic community, and developers who don't care about the game, but rather about just making as much money as possible on it. Avoid at all costs. Play Dota 2, or any other Moba.
  49. Apr 21, 2014
    League of legends confused me for a while because i could not figure out why it was fun. It is really addicting and the game works pretty well multiplayer due to the small amount of players and easy spectating.
    the thing is, how do you actually get good at this game? most games it makes sense, you understand the underlying strategy and improve a few useless skills (reflexes, aim, memory).
    in LoL though you have to learn how to position yourself with a tiny window of view and clunky controls, memorize other champions skillset and counters, use reflexes to last hit, and multitask watching the minimap, creeps, and enemy team. its a **** of random **** the teamfights are also extremely confusing with it being almost impossible to tell what is going on until it is over. so why is it fun to play? it seems that because of the almost random mechanics caused by champion counters, snowballing, lag, random teams, and no one paying attention to itemsets, everyone can do extremely well or extremely bad, so everyone gets the chance to be a pentakilling 50/0 champ. and because of human nature people only remember how good they can be. making it fun to play for everyone, because everyone thinks they are good at it.

TL:DR: dota/LoL is gambling for retards
  50. Apr 21, 2014
    The only good thing to do in League of Legends is feeding and see little stupid kids get angry. Much better than playing this stupid game normal. Horrible community, unbalanced champions, horrible customer support,... Don't waste your time playing this game normal. You'll have the best time of your life when you see little kids whining and screaming. :)
  51. Apr 19, 2014
    Great game but the community destroys it... with no working punishment systems in place, players troll as a sport ruining the game for any and all. Does not welcome new players whatsoever. Extremely hateful player base.
  52. Apr 11, 2014
    I've been playing this game since mid December, and I've enjoyed it very much. Although the map gets repetitive, the game-play inside the maps change highly between games, depending on what champion you play, what role, and what lane. Although the community can be toxic at times, my best advice would be to just try to not to talk if you can avoid it. In most situations, what you want to say can just be said by using the ping system. Out of a 100, this game gets an 86 from me. Expand
  53. Apr 10, 2014
    Some friends posted about this on Facebook, so I decided to to download it.
    Its not terrible but I just can't get into it no matter how much I try. Maybe I'm just spoiled by the many other much, much better games out there...
  54. Apr 10, 2014
    Another DotA with expanded and...dulled gameplay. No denies, no easy/hard lane, middle is not fun at all - no reasons to roam without runes and 2-1-2 laneup, jungler is mandatory, no courier. etc. Instead of deep mechanics DotA uses, you get some doubtful gameplay expansions like runes, masteries and additional passives on heroes. Most of items do not have active component at all, graphics whistle and fart, i can't recognize any action heroes do during teamfight. It's just a prolonged tutorial to Dota, with some stuff missing for easier understanding. Expand
  55. Apr 3, 2014
    I have played this game for almost 2 years and I never got bored. To be serious, I once played lol for more than 10 hours in a day. I am sure that this game is way better than DOTA2. This game is way easier to play and also everyone can play.

To improve on is that, some people are disturbing the game, playing unfriendly (we call them trolls). The RIOT has to manage people, for example
    forbidding people playing who had played unfriendly Expand
  56. Apr 3, 2014
    A pay to win oriented game, as runes give so much more early game advantage, not to mention the expanded champion pool.

And plainly, the anti-competitive attitude by the developer makes me sick.
  57. Apr 3, 2014
    Highlights:
    -expect thousands of hours of grind before you're given the same tools as other players (base stats, champion and spell selection)
    -you can "bypass" the grind with the use of a credit card
    -an incredible amount of daily advertisements every time you try to log in
    -inability to play the main game mode (ranked) before you've reached level thirty (takes approx 500 hours of
    grind)
    -a strictly enforced way of play; differing from it will get you banned (no refunds)
    -no single player; always on
    -the graphics were outdated when the game came out several years ago
  58. Mar 29, 2014
    So to start off, I've played this game for well over 2 years, maybe even 3. 2 years ago, I tried this game because I had a friend who's been playing since closed beta, and raved about it saying how awesome it was.

I started playing, and yeah, it was okay. I got better, and had some fun because I had friends to play with, but once I started doing solo matchmaking, the game started to
    show it's true colors. Riot has to be by far the worst company in terms of game development that I have ever seen people take seriously. I got a DotA 2 beta key, saw what a real free to play game is, and going back to LoL to try and have fun like I did back then is near impossible. Just to list some of the reasons:
    [1]Riot's paywall: every character in the game costs a large amount of in-game currency, or about $10 in real money
    [2]Balance: it's non-existent. I see the same set of champions every match, not because people have fun playing them, but they're the easiest to stomp the enemy team with. Every major patch changes the balance, and Riot always has at least 1 champion that's not played very often, made overpowered so that people will buy them with real money.
    [3]Bugs: they're everywhere, the biggest LoL tournament in the world had a champion banned from being played because they found a game-breaking bug on him (Aatrox)
    [4]Bandwidth use: it uses Pando Media Booster, which is basically a torrent application that runs in the background. It eats up bandwidth like a starving rodent, and it has to be uninstalled or it will always run without you knowing.
    [5]It uses adobe air: That's right, the client runs adobe air. It's 2014, and a platform that should have died almost a decade ago is still used by these people. It looks bad, it runs slow, and it's some minor bugs that are still quite annoying.
    [6]EXTREMELY limited game engine: if you've ever played an RTS, or DotA, you'll notice some of these issues right away. You can only move your hero, and no creeps or pets have abilities that are castable. And the game has no pause function, or voice chat system, which are really importand for communication and waiting for someone to reconnect (their servers have connection issues, and they blame them on Comcast for the American ones regularly)

These are problems with the actual game, I'm not even going to bother with talking about the community, or Riot's dealings with people in the past because that's not really related to how the game plays, mechanics wise. Avoid this game like the plague if you're looking for something that has anything good to speak of.
  59. SCV
    Mar 27, 2014
    Stupid game circles map.
    Abominable press play.
    This seems to mimic the characters somewhere.
    Riot foam company that came up overnight.
    Game industry's disaster.
  60. Mar 26, 2014
    Its fine copy of DotA but nothing more. Popularize MOBA genre but this is just not bad game.
    + Community is full of annoying kids so this game is unplayable without someone to party.
  61. Mar 25, 2014
    This game is poison.

Unoriginal? Check. Cash grab? Check. Fan service? Check. Watered-down? Check.

Say what you will about DOTA, but at least it's an original game with sophisticated game mechanics. League of Legends successfully cashes off another game, but it does so by reducing its original to a mind-numbing state fit for consumption for elementary and high school kids (its main
    player base). Expand
  62. Mar 25, 2014
    Overall, i would probably say its one of the best free-to-play everything game. ( except for skins). The gameplay and strategy in it are pretty good, and most of all, the co-op aspect is pretty amazing also. However, my biggest ( and really only) complaint is the community. Some games, i get extremely nice and cooperative players who want to win sooo bad, and some games i get straight up trash talkers that are just in the game to make fun of kids, and don't even care if they lose or not. Yeah, but whatever i mean it really was bound to happen in any free game cause theres so many types of players. Other than that, everything is really good. Characters and items are as balanced as it gets, and the competitive scene is huge. Expand
  63. Mar 24, 2014
    Just another DotA rip-off, some stuff changes but the core gameplay is still the same. The only merit of this game is it's huge playerbase; being highly casual, it's easy to start playing, which in turn attracts the masses who never played a DotA game before and don't care about the childish graphics and poor game mechanics. I must thank Riot though, for taking the children away from Dota 2.
  64. Mar 17, 2014
    I love League of Legends and have been playing it since S2. S3 was the best for me because I was doing great and the best thing about S3 is no lag or random crashes or dcs. I am SO irritated by losing my promos and LP while in champ select by dcing or crashing. I don't know why you guys are using the DDoSers as an excuse to all this. What does crashing have anything to do with this?? Also, why don't you shove the millions you make from us and change your stupid ISP to another company instead of "saving money"? I've had enough of your **** and I'm currently transitioning to HoN and maybe even Dota 2. In only a few days my K:D for fizz dropped from 12:4 to 10.7:4 because I keep disconnecting. Fix your **** Expand
  65. Mar 15, 2014
    Un très bon jeu, j'ai du y jouer plus de 1000 heures. Il est vraiment addictive et malgré les 3 maps qu'il y a dans ce jeu, il y a une infinité de gameplay possible grâce a plus de 115 personnages différents. Et parmi ces personnages vous en trouverez au moins qui vous correspond le mieux, il y a des personnages plus facile a jouer que d'autres mais tout aussi puissant.
    De plus, vous
    n'avez pas besoin de payer pour gagner mais vous aurez du contenu additionnel qui vous permettra de choisir une meilleur apparence pour votre personnage favori.
    Pour finir, je dirai que le matchmaking et vraiment bien fait, et vous tomberez forcément (à 95%) sur des games équilibrés, plus un tribunal très bien fait qui punis les joueurs qui s'absente trop souvent ou qui ont un mauvais comportement.
  66. Mar 14, 2014
    I've been playing this game for 1600 hours give or take, and it's a daily game for me, i never had any complains about the game myself other than the champions they add to the game are kinda "overpowered" at start, but they'll fix it, problaby the most negative reviews here are because they couldn't understand that it takes time to learn the game basics. You have to learn to play the champion, you have to learn the map, and you have to communicate with your teammates to win the game. It's a teamplay game, not a game you just can play without saying sh*t to anyone in your team.

Be nice to your teammates and they'll be nice to you.

67. Mar 13, 2014
    Unbearably convoluted and poorly structured, this game has absolutely no player balance, and suffers from multiple glitches. A few prime examples of this abhorrent failure would be: When you cast something at a mob (because you literally have to farm pve mobs, really?) the turret will kill what you've already casted towards, negating your cast and placing it on cooldown (GREAT JOB). It doesn't help Physical damage casters have Mana (REALLY????). I digress. Overall, this game is a failure. Avoid it. Expand
  68. Mar 8, 2014
    I played League of Legends for a while and never stopped! This awesome game is addictive and is surely
    one of the best free downloadable games I've ever played!
  69. Mar 1, 2014
    They have the worst matchmaking. I can't believe any company would do such a big mistake to allow duo q option into a solo competitive mode. I'm talking about their ranked matchmaking. It sucks so much when you see high elo people carrying low elo friends through duo q.. ruining the fun for everyone.
  70. Feb 26, 2014
    Played HoN. Play DoTA2. Played League. League may have filled a niche at one point, but that niche is withering. Until they update their engine, drop pay to win and break the mold on their hero/play concept, this game deserves to be left behind as a one time Star that has age very poorly. Really, I think a LoL2 needs to happen to save this franchise over the long term. And Heroes of the Storm may be the bullet that kills this game (Especially in Korea and China where it is still holding grip) Expand
  71. Feb 24, 2014
    Mkay, not sure why there is so much hate on this game. I have a dependable ISP in a major US city and and i5 laptop, and rarely experience connectivity issues.

That aside, the game itself is really fun! It reminds me of the PVP competitions on Diablo II back in the day. This game is really just a cleaver revision of PVP combined with the dota mods from WC3. The cooperative aspect
    reminds me of online play in D2 as well, but it also reminds me of a modded mode in Starcraft where friends and myself would play 4v4 and give each player a unique 'avatar' unit with huge states and self- healing abilities. Sound familiar?

And for those who claim that DOTA is better b/c it's original; in 2002 I played a modded game on Starcraft: Broodwars, called BunkerWars. The concept of the game was that you had continuously respawing soldiers in or around a terran bunker, and your enemy had the same. The goal was to destroy the enemy's bunker before yours was destroyed. So don't get too upset about DOTA being copied. The MOBA game concept was around long before WC3 even existed.

As for the toxic player community. That just comes with the territory. Being anonymous means not giving a **** Play some Club Penguin if you want a nice social atmosphere.
  72. Feb 19, 2014
    I have been playing this game for 2 years now 6+h a day probably all-thou game it self deserve 9/10 all parts of the game has to be included witch goes to a problem with Riot-player and player-player interaction.. they are negative about 2/10 so if u don't have a bunch of tolerance towards idiotisam don't go near it... i don't have any but i still play it till i get baned... full of flaming kids who will which u cancer,death,rape and call u all different names it lacks any for of communication except for pining and chat with is annoying when Team Fights (tf) last for 5 sec and many of needed team plays relies on team... which is nonexistent so yeah 6/10 Expand
  73. Feb 16, 2014
    I have been playing this game for nearly 3 years now, and I have to say that I don't like the state that the game is currently in and the way it is going. LoL had its best times in season 2, but since then continually got worse. I was deep into the pro scene and ranked at high platinum, so I do have some insight into the game.
    First off, this game is rather easy to get into if you compare
    it with other MOBA's. The reason why most MOBA players consider LoL rather "easy" is because the gameplay is very straightforward. It removed things like denying (killing your own creeps), destructible environment (trees), different shops etc. compared to its spiritual ancestor "DotA". Which is not a bad thing at first. The problem however is, that the developers removed every other demanding tactical element of the game one after one:
    -New champions and reworked older champions become one trick ponys; almost no champion allows different playstyles anymore because there is one way of building/playing him that makes all alternatives pointless. Players call this "meta" and Riot (the developers) more and more enforce said meta, which I consider a bad thing, since it strongly limits your playstyle, forcing you into roles, itembuilds, etc.
    -The itempool is extremely limited at the moment. Compared to DotA, the items in LoL lack some form of uniqueness. Over the past seasons, the developers continually removed items that were out of line or too weak. Newer items were useless in most cases. There are items that simply do nearly the same thing, with one item being superior however. There are items that just fit certain roles and types of champions too perfectly. All this leads to a poor diversity in itembuilds: You will see ADC's build the same items in 9/10 cases, you will see midlaners build one of two itemcombos 10/10, you will see toplaners get the same 2 items in 9/10 cases. Junglers and supports get enforced on specific "support" and "jungle" items, as even the developers call them. And at least 30% of the items you will almost never see built by any semi-experienced player.
    This combined leads to overall very thin item diversity between all players that played enough games to understand at least a bit of the meta, and increasingly thin champion diversity the higher the level of play is. As an example, within a typical week of LCS, the eSports league of the game, you will see (from a pool of 120 champions) around 60-70 of them being not picked at all, 30-40 of them being picked 1 or 2 times, and around 20 being picked or banned almost every game. This differs between roles aswell, midlane and jungle have the most "viable" champs, while there are at the moment only 3-4 viable toplaners and marksmen. This is because of serious issues in balancing. The game designers fail at balancing at a reasonable level, which is why you will see certain champions being catapulted up and down in strength on every patch, which happens way too often. Why spend money on a skin for a certain champion when he can become completely unviable or reworked within the next month?
    Also, the developers flattened out the champion power overall compared to "DotA". You wont see any gamebreaking abilites, extreme manacosts or 1vs5 hypercarrys when extremely fed. This is at first not a bad thing, as it leads to a higher need for teamwork, but it also has disadvantages: The game is sometimes too forgiving, and a vast portion of tactic in laning phase is removed, often reducing it to pure mechanical skill. Especially the current meta in pro play is extremely boring, super safe lanes that do nothing but farming gold from minion kills until the 20 min mark, and then the game breaking down in 2 or 3 importan teamfights. (for example the developers made it unworth to get objectives (epic monsters and towers) in early game, even when most of the community and pro players told them it was a bad idea)
    All this champion and item problems lead to the developers only being able to balance the game by numbers, which often results in said meta enforcing and poor diversity.
    Other aspects of the game:

+ paying model is fair and functional
    + runes add to strategy and diversity
    + the eSports scene is big and accesible
    + the game is especially fun with friends and has some different gamemodes for casual players
    +/- graphics look more and more stale, being mostly unupdated since 3 years, but the game runs very smooth as a result
    - the community is at least 50% immature flamers that all want you to get cancer on doing a mistake, report you if you play bad and all did your mom
    - the developers dont really care about the community, especially on the EUW shard. The forum has almost no developer communication at all.
    - the servers have frequent problems
    - more and more players consider the game to be on a downhill trend, also some retired pro players
    - event content is more and more often effortless
    - the banning system is poorly functional
    - the air client is outdated and unstable
  74. Feb 13, 2014
    League of Legends is a MOBA style game and is one of the best online competitive games I've played. It requires lots of strategizing and planning, cooperation with your teammates, quick thinking and ability to time and place actions accurately. It's free to play, and everything gameplay-wise can be earned without paying. It requires a rather fast computer to be able to play effectively, and games tend to take a while, so don't play if you can't finish the match. The game is rather difficult to get into, as there is a lot to it to learn and get better at, and it's rather slow going when it comes to unlocking new champions to use. There is a lot of customization involved, so you can definitely use your own play style, but this is also dangerous if you don't know much about what you're doing. Overall, it's a fun, well-designed competitive game, and I highly recommend it to those who have the time. If this review was the most helpful source of information on this game you've found, please refer Tempestrie. Expand
  75. Feb 12, 2014
    The game itself isn't bad at all, it's actually very fun. However, the community that ruins it completely. Seriously. It makes the game unplayable!!!!
  76. Feb 11, 2014
    I've made another review about this game (probably on page 2 by now), but I'd like to add another thing that I noticed recently. The game doesn't have a competitive ladder. You can't really call duo-queue a competitive game mode ( I know it's called solo queue, but let's be honest, there's always a duo queue in every game). There is obviously a problem when 2 friends team up and queue for ranked with Skype, while the other team just has 2 random players that just met each other in the previous game and are not willing to play in the same lane (bot usually). The first team obviously has a huge advantage.

This, plus the fact that the mmr gets really messed up when there are duo queues involved, often make games really pointless as they just turn out to be one-sided stomps. Not fun at all. Therefore I'm reducing my initial score to a 5 instead of a 6.
  77. Feb 10, 2014
    I've read many other terrible reviews all scoring 10 or 0. For some reason outdated reviews for a constantly updated game still counts? This game is updated at least every month and ads 3 or 4 new champions a year to spice up the game. Not only that but occasionally add new game types as well for players to go crazy. It's not that this game is unfair, its played at tournaments, its just that its hard to get good. this game can be quite hard if you aren't fully equipped with a good PC often leading to the many misleading user reviews. this game is amazing and if you're always looking for something new try playing a different champion. the gameplay is very addictive and fun when played right and can also be frustrating learning to play well can be quite a challenge but is worth it once you mastered your personal way of playing. Keep in mind that riot's only form of income is its riot points that are only useful for buying skins, everything else is a waste, because its free to play which means you can play it now! So go play and judge for yourself whether you enjoy it or not. Expand
  78. Feb 5, 2014
    Not many possible spells to cast, is much more fun when playing with friends. All around a great game that challenges the summoner to gear the champion and use strategic spell combinations in order to survive.
  79. Feb 5, 2014
    Amazing ! I just got 3500 RP code for totally FREE ! Come and download code too

>> http://RiotPoint.eu/

this is one of the best games i have ever played
  80. Feb 4, 2014
    Very enjoyable game. I spend hours playing this game every week. Excellent gameplay. The free-to-play model work fine, as no real money is needed to fully play this game. The ranked game allow to keep a goal even after hitting level 30. Riot put a lot of effort improving the community interaction with the tribunal.
  81. Feb 4, 2014
    Many bugs , Server unstable , Horrible community ,... Only good to have fun with friends other wise forget it ! Then it is a copy of dota where Riot added a way to make money : Lock champions which i stupid but well...At least the game is not balanced at all, you will understand if you play against a Katarina ....
  82. Jan 31, 2014
    I've read some of the reviews others have written and I'd like to address some of them in my own. First of all, someone criticized the fact that although there are a variety of champions, there are only two maps. While this is true, I do not see this as a fault, but rather a feature. Focusing on two quality maps with precise attention to detail (e.g. using the flash works at precise thickness of objects, champion abilities, what have you) allows you to focus more on gameplay and strategy.

Secondly, someone wrote that they wish there was a way to mute people who rage. Well, there is a way. You simply click on their name and press mute. Furthermore, there is a tribunal system in place which allows users to report negative players, be it that they are toxic or feeding, or afk. Members of the community then review the case and chat and place judgement on the case.

Someone else wrote that it was imbalanced. I would argue quite the contrary and say that it's probably one of the MOST balanced games out there. You can review statistics of wins based on each champion, and as you'll notice, the community does a great job at reporting champions that are too buff, or fixing glitches, what have you. Furthermore, in ranked games, there are 3 bans per team, so if your team leader thinks that a particular champion (or 3) are overpowered, they can be banned.

Finally, I would like to close by saying this...League of Legends is a community based multiplayer online battle arena game which is free to play, no strings attached. I love this game and though it does have some minor issues once in awhile, if you take the time to learn about it, odds are you will appreciate it for the work of art it really is.

PS for everyone who is mad that it's a rip off of DoTA, all I have to say is the developers took an awesome product and made it even better. Get over it.
  83. Jan 21, 2014
    Always changing environment of people characters and new game modes. Great community of youtube streamers and helpful forums. able to be run on most any computer. Fun multiplayer, or solo que modes.
  84. Jan 11, 2014
    A cheap 3D remake of Pokemon from GameBoy Color. No actual skill required for playing, just choose the strongest hero. There are many games in this genre that are much better. Have seen worse games though.
  85. Jan 6, 2014
    This game is the best game i have ever played online I think the people who gave for lol 0-4 they don't have play lol never in there life and they do this because they think it's bad game so when you are read this text and you are one of this peoples give him one more chance
  86. Jan 4, 2014
    I would highly recommend this highly popular moba that is driving forward the genre overall not Dota 2. The game is fun to play with friends and is a blast if you decide to play it competitively thanks to ranked que. Yes the games community can be frustrating but that is not from the games fault. The amount of hours I have played on this game is insane and the best thing? Its free!
  87. Jan 2, 2014
    awesome made game...nice graphics and not too much requirements i give 10 because i like it DOTA is nothing compared with this so i recomend this in order to enjoy playing some MOBA games
  88. Jan 1, 2014
    A very good game with good mechanics and very good carater design !
    But totaly ruined by the pathetic servers ever full and with lags or just crash !
    Do not give money You will regret it like me ...
    Simply play for free
  89. Jan 1, 2014
    The game is pretty good but it has a terrible community. Every step you meet a flamer. The graphics are a bit childish. I admire Riot Games for the fact that with the number of characters they managed to keep the balance. Of course there are bugs but the MOBA game does not? Overall I would recommend and I wish you well for the future.
  90. Dec 31, 2013
    Worst game EVER!
    -The community sucks, there are flamer in ever game!
    -The game is buggy, it crashes ever thrid time i try to get into a match. Seems to be an issue with win8 or something.
    -Its laggy! The EU West Server laggs horrible. There are days where u have to wait more than 90 minutes in the login queue
    -Its unballanced! Every new champ is overpowerd when its released and gets
    nerfed after a few days or weeks. So that everone buys him with real money
    -It kinda "pay to win" (not much, but a little bit). There are champion skins (which u need to buy with real money) that have animations on there spells which are neraly impossible to see. So an enemy cant dodge them.

Sorry for my bad english, iam not from an english speaking country.
  91. Dec 30, 2013
    By watching live streams on twitch at the game competitive side i see that it has a big potential to climb even higher on the e-sports scene
    The tribunal is a good system to keep the toxic players at bay unlike it's competitor system....I had a better experience with the community so far and the game requires you to actually play and unlock a number of champions before even trying to play
    competitively on ranked matchmaking level your summoner also it's the perfect place to defy the meta
    The game has more accessibility and more ways to play with your chosen champion it has variety and good mechanics and abilities
    League offers a lot more to players which seeks a competitive game and also a casual ,relaxing and fun experience
    It's a pleasant game for newcomers and the tutorials are good
    Rotating weekly free champions are a great way to play other champions rather than 1 or few over and over again also new champions released once in a while
  92. Dec 30, 2013
    This is an honest review of the game. From what I have read, most of the reviews on this site are mostly people who hate the game because they have not played it that long/people that are raging because they don't know how to play that well or people who have clearly not played that many other games and think it's the most amazing game in the world. (There are some decent reviews though, Hint: Most of the 10/10s are the ones I was talking about being the ones that have not played many other games)

This game is not bad, but it has a low metacritic average *for a game this popular* for a reason: because it's not that good. No, it isn;t because of graphics, yes there are a few broken champions (Not that many though. I don't overuse the word few. There are hardly any, but they are still there.), but this isn;t why the game is overrated. The combat in the game could be so much better, but it isn't. I'm not trying to sound biased, (not invoking a Dota vs League argument here, just using this as an example) but play Dota 2 for a while, learn how to play, and compare the 2's combat system. Ever notice how League's combat system is not as satisfying? Ever notice how League of Legends is based more around how good you are with a champion than actually being good at the game? This game is also not that hard, anyone who tells you that is lying. I have no difficulty in fighting 4v5s and winning or being ona feeding team and turning it around when the enemy team has the advantage. This game is incredibly easy once you learn the basics.

The main reason why this game is not so great is because it tried to be an improved Dota (which it could have), but the changes they made thinking they were improvements are what makes this an overrated game that and the combat system is barely above average. Is this game addicting? Yes. Is it great? No.
  93. Dec 29, 2013
    Great game, not p2w nor as easy as same others say. The recent changes to the meta just made it better so that even supporting can net you a lot of gold.
  94. Dec 29, 2013
    LOL is the best MOBA I have ever played. It is very interesting with wide choice of heroes and great matchmaking. There are a few mods in the game. All of them are awesome.
    Some mods, like ARAM, brings to you a lot of fun. Playing LOL with friends is a great choice hoe to spend your free time when the weather outside is awful.
    Every month Riot Games makes new interesting champs with
    their unique abilities. You can customize your champ with the help of a large amount of items in the shop, masteries and runes. 2 same champs can become absolutely different after putting marks, runes and buying items. Also there are 2 additional abilities, which you can choose before every game.
    Play and enjoy!
  95. Dec 27, 2013
    MY SCORE 49 The game is good, a good revolution of MOBA's This is a good game and I played it recently and at its release even if I didn't have much interest in the game. I prefer DotA but even that can be insult to LoL players but we have to consider this 5 was a 6 if the review was made years ago but the games get decayed, games can be compared to life, not all games can be the most popular game ever and players should get used to it. This game has great mechanics not focusing not that much being a esport, but their hurry in making new content ends up in having some inbalances and nerfs. LoL can't be a "full esport" because some mechanics are fully recostumized I mean new items that influence game. This is a very good game to play casually and if you want esport and more dificult and dedication you will probably end up in DotA. Expand
  96. Dec 26, 2013
    In the battle of DOTA2 v League of Legends League of Legends wins my vote.

The game looks nice, runs great on a wide variety of machines. The tutorial sets you up nicely knowing how to play a basic game. The leveling and leagues are fair, although a little dragged out to get to "Ranked" matches. HOWEVER...

The community on this game is VERY bad and VERY abusive. Example, you finish
    the tutorial, go in a game against bots, so it is just you, 4 other humans vs team bots. These games a usually full of people who are claiming to be "top level" and basically just want to show off that they can try and win a game on their own, getting a massive kill streak. They abuse new players, offer no help and just constantly moan and complain. It gets even worst when you play in the real online matchmaking. If you played this game with 4 other friends, constantly together on the same team, it would be worthy of maybe a 9 or 10/10! but seriously, go see for yourself how bad the abuse and community is. Expand
  97. Dec 25, 2013
    awful game.. wasting time. This game is suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck
  98. Dec 25, 2013
    This game is fun but the community is just bad and you have to pay money to buy all the champions unlike Dota which cost 60 bucks you don't have to pay anymore but for League Of Legends I spend about 200 bucks and I still don't have all the champs. I would just stay away from this game!!
  99. Dec 25, 2013
    gamae extremely fun ****nkwhndlnf wkwlakfnklwnfla wjlkwal

Amazing I just got 3500 RP code for totally FREE Come and download code too

100. Dec 24, 2013
    Garbage game. Terrible in game graphics, frequent lags, server downtime, and crashes often even on new computers all of which you can easily get banned for, even if you're a paying customer!
    Further plagued by horrible tech support, very rare refunds for purchases (even if it's their fault). The game is repetitive, boring, and unfair for newer players. I played until level 30 (the max
    level) so I can say that.
    Don't play it.
  101. Yax
    Oct 26, 2010
    I've been playing this game for a while, and no, it's not just a mod. The graphics are a bit low poly, but when 10 people are fighting each other onscreen at once with lots of particle effects you don't want to be chug because of the trees, terrain, or mobs being too high res.

The game runs very smooth and that's what counts with a PvP game or a MOBA.

There are tons of champions to
    choose from and half the fun is learning all of them. I highly recommend this one. Collapse

1. Aug 5, 2013
    I find that with League of Legends, Riot has cultivated one of the most unique spaces in gaming history—mostly for good reasons but also for some awful ones, and in the gaming museum of the future, League is sure to have its own wing.
  2. Nov 15, 2011
    League of Legends handles well the worst problem DOTA has: its autistic n00b-hating elite players. Thanks to match making, now we weaklings dare to play. [Nov 2011]
  3. Feb 1, 2011
    Improvements are constantly being updated and although team mates make or break many matches, there is genuine fun to be found.