5.6

1. May 6, 2015
    this game is **** graphics worse than minecraft. why lose time for this crap when you can play dota 2 which is
    300 times better. dont lose time for this bull****. 9 year old russians mic spam and rage.
  2. May 1, 2015
    One of the most fun MOBA games I have ever played! Tons of Champion, unique Skins and Abilities. The champion Lore is really cool also. Riot games have done an amazing job with this game. They always impress me with the new skins and gamemode they release! The only bad thing about this game is the community and how TOXIC some people can be. (Overall: 7/10)
  3. Apr 30, 2015
    LOL , is one of these games that you play not because that you like it but because it's a satisfying experience , i like how there's a lot of champions and options , it's very unlikely to play the game twice considering the 10 players of the game , what i hate the most about this game is it's community
    league of legends has the worst community of players any game could get , you just hate talking to most of them and end up muting most of the players of the game that's my only issue with it
    so LOL is one of the games you'd get addicted too that's for sure it's fun and a good experience
  4. Apr 29, 2015
    One of the most overrated games, by far. Quite possibly the least fun game there is, and one of the worst.
    First off, the community is TERRIBLE. Since it's an online game the community is a huge part of it, but God, it's bad.
    Gameplay. The game's target audience is autistic nerds with triple glasses that can't have fun because the adrenaline rush might kill them. That's how fun it is.
  5. Apr 26, 2015
    e-Sports can't be rated. It's competitive so it shouldn't be compared to traditional games or what we expect from a video-game. Therefore it shouldn't be rated, you don't set a score for traditional sports like football or basketball too so why should you rate e-Sports titles like this one? This game was never meant to be a single player game or beginner friendly. You may love it or hatee-Sports can't be rated. It's competitive so it shouldn't be compared to traditional games or what we expect from a video-game. Therefore it shouldn't be rated, you don't set a score for traditional sports like football or basketball too so why should you rate e-Sports titles like this one? This game was never meant to be a single player game or beginner friendly. You may love it or hate it. You either put in hard work, get better, have fun and love the game or fail, flame, lose and hate the game forever. Very similar to Sports isn't it? Expand
  6. Apr 22, 2015
    Amazing ! I just got 3500 RP code for totally FREE ! Come and download code too, its just that simple as doing a few steps to get your code.

>> http://RiotPoint.eu/
  7. Apr 21, 2015
    http://lolfreerp.com/ - Free riot points! Check out this page with free RP codes :) Only three steps in 5 mins and you will get your code free!! VISIT, DOWNLOAD AND ENJOY BETTER GAME!
  8. Apr 5, 2015
    Id rather take a massive **** on my mums face. At least I get some pleasure relieving my bowls. Only recommended if planning on murdering yourself and possibly everyone around you!
  9. Apr 4, 2015
    Without a doubt the worst game that I have ever played. Recommended only if you want to commit suicide as it will make you hate yourself and everything else in the world
  10. Apr 3, 2015
    I test, Is equal dota but more simple, too much publicity, much RatBoy, graphics hurt your eyes, are cutesy, kitsche, and highly generic, its unappealing to anime fans, easy and boring.
  11. Mar 27, 2015
    Pay to win nonsense. They give you some basic, lame champions that allows you to play the game with different play styles in mind. The introduction levels are there to make you feel powerful with those lame chars but as soon as you get passed those introductory levels the whole things goes upsides down. You're lame champion is revealed for what it is, lame. The only way to get a betterPay to win nonsense. They give you some basic, lame champions that allows you to play the game with different play styles in mind. The introduction levels are there to make you feel powerful with those lame chars but as soon as you get passed those introductory levels the whole things goes upsides down. You're lame champion is revealed for what it is, lame. The only way to get a better character than the crap selection they give you for free is to either play like crazy to earn free points to spend money on better champs... this takes forever. The other way is to pay with actual money. What a load of crap. AVOID. Expand
  12. Mar 19, 2015
    Alright it's early 2015 and I've not got about 2 years into this game. I've tried other MOBA games including Dota 2, HoN, and a few more. I keep coming back to LoL for a few reasons. One the champions seem the most balanced, with a few RARE exceptions. The community is ton's better than the others. Riot continues to update the game, adding features and testing ideas.

While the

While the gameplay is almost always the same, the opponents differ massively. Yes you lose the gold and levels you earn every game, but if you are decent you have no issue regaining them the next.
  13. Mar 18, 2015
    My first couple of games were good until I joined a game and was reported by 4 players simply because I was new and didn't know league terminology. They need to sort their crap out.
  14. Mar 16, 2015
    League of Legends
    League of Legends
    League of Legends is a videogame played on the PC, it is a part of a genre of games called MOBAs (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena). It is popularly known as LoL and it currently holds the title of most widely played video game in the world. It has over twenty seven million active players daily. It is so large that it has even spawned its own slang vocabulary that every player understands. What would compel such a large amount of people to log in and play the same game every day? The answer lies in its simple yet deceptively complex structure of play. One can compare it to a team oriented version of chess. The old saying rings true, easy to learn hard to master.
    The basic concept of the game revolves around ten players divided into two teams of five players each. These two teams engage in a battle to destroy their opponent’s base, referred to as the “Nexus”. The path to said Nexus is defended by magical towers that will try stop you. In order to overcome this your team must work together with their selected characters, called “Champions” in-game to eventually overcome the enemy team and destroy their Nexus. In order to defend itself, each base will automatically send a number of soldiers into battle, these soldiers are referred to as “creeps”. When creeps are killed, champions are awarded with gold and experience. These are two very important resources.
    Gold allows your champion to buy items such as swords, shields and magical potions. Experience on the other hand allows you to “level up” your character which makes him or her stronger and unlocks access to new abilities.
    The main way to play is the multiplayer mode against other people, but there is also a singleplayer mode where you play against the computer’s artificial intelligence. Overall the real excitement comes from besting your human opponents on the battlefield. Before getting into a real battle against other players the game offers a tutorial that focuses on teaching new players the basics which we have already covered. It’s essential to learn these concepts and more before engaging human opponents in the arena.
    The arena in question is called the Summoner’s Rift, it is the main map where the battle takes place. An average battle will run anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes, the perfect length to have a good time with friends and possibly play another, without taking up your entire day. While in a match there are no breaks or pauses so one needs to pay attention for the duration of the match. The only down time provided to you, occurs when your character dies. At that point you are no longer in control and need to wait for a certain amount of time before being allowed to enter the arena again.
    In a typical match you will find a wide variety of champions that all have strengths and weaknesses. One such champion is Fizz, a powerful fish that uses his trident to quickly strike and dash away from a fight. The key to gathering gold and experience lies in killing creeps and enemy champions, while preventing your own champion from dying. A champion is only as strong as the amount of gold and experience he’s managed to collect. This is where League of Legends thrives, the careful balance between player skill and mechanics. Eventually by playing different champions one will learn how to counter and predict enemy map movements.
    League of Legends is what is called a “free to play game” meaning the upfront cost to enjoy it is nothing, however some parts of the game are restricted until you pay, for instance there are 123 champions in the game but you do not have access to all of them for free. They use a rotation system of 10 selected champions offered for free each week allowing you to try them out before making a purchase. If you fall in love with any of them you can turn your real money into what is called “Riot points” (Riot is the name of the developer). If however you wish to acquire a champion without spending actual money, you have the option of only playing the freely available champions while earning “influence points” for each match. Eventually you will gather enough influence points to trade them for champions. After a few hundred matches it is easy to fall into the temptation and open up your wallet to buy Riot points to speed up the process, after all Riot has to get their money from somewhere, especially since they are advertising it as a free game.
    The developer knows a lot about what makes a team oriented game tick. After your first few matches you learn that communication is key. Riot provide an in-game chat for typing out your strategies, but as it can be hard to type in the heat of battle they have also included a set of warning commands that will visually display icons on the map, this way your team can communicate quickly and efficiently as they seek to take objectives. Alternatively you can use a third party voice chat program like Skype. However most players rely on the in-game chat system.
    The visuals of the game are very cartoonish at first glance, this allows the game to run well on less powerful computers which is another reason why so many people play it. Light hearted actions such as visual gags and special dance moves that can be executed mid game highlight the emphasis on friendly fun, yet a highly competitive environment lies beneath the surface.
    As far as stability is concerned, sometimes players will experience delays as they wait to log in to a match, other times they will encounter visual bugs. Overall Riot spend a great deal of time ensuring that their game operates as it should, with little to no down time. Time is money after all!
    League of Legends is not hard to get into, but quite challenging to master. Updates and patches keep the game well balanced, boosting or toning down the power of various items and champions. Sometimes an update will bring a surprise twist to the game mode, slightly changing the game mechanics or introduce a new champion or changes to the map. In this sense the game is constantly evolving and improving.
    As an example, my favorite alteration to the game mechanics was a mode called “Hexakill”: It allows six instead of the standard five champions per team, leading to some chaotic battles. The mode was so successful Riot extended its duration for an additional two weeks. As in the normal mode, the main objective is to destroy the enemy nexus, but now you had the possibility of scoring a hexakill. Getting multiple kills in this game is one of the most gratifying feelings, the game has something like a sports announcer that will yell things such as “GOD LIKE!” when you slaughter your foes in battle.
    While League of Legends could be considered repetitive in that you always have the same objective and always play on the same map, the variety lies in the champion combinations, their items, and the varied skill level of your opponents. It is a very deep and rewarding game of higher strategy typical of the MOBA genre. No match ever plays out the same way, especially if you are playing with friends. The joy comes from mastering your champions, constantly learning new tactics and honing your skills. Most importantly you need to maintain a positive attitude and play as a team to emerge victorious. You will not win every match, but hopefully you will learn something valuable with each loss. Ultimately I feel League of Legends is a great example of a video game that offers countless hours of entertainment and the possibility of socializing with other people from all over the world, showcasing the best of what gaming and global connectivity can be. In closing, I have finally found a game that I love to hate, it can be a massive time sink, but in the end I am happy to have wasted both time and money on this great MOBA.
  15. Mar 12, 2015
    Potentially fun game at times, but spoilt by a number of things. In my experience, this game attracts only the worst of what the internet has to offer in terms of people. It got to the point that I'd rather be having a chat about philosophy to a Call of Duty kid instead of having to bear with the ignorance and general idiocy that comes with most of the community on this game.

And then

And then comes the match ups, there are always top tier characters (to be fair like any game, but as it's a battle arena this makes for boring games). This just makes for the same gameplay over and over again, when you'd think that with over 100+ characters the word 'variety' would manage to show up.

I tried to enjoy this and now I'm just left with a foul taste in my mouth, personally. However, to add some good points: I can enjoy this game at time when playing with a full party of friends. This however as my level increases, becomes rarer and rarer.

So overall? It's mediocore. Fun at times.
  16. Feb 20, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. DRuins here with hopefully an insightful review. League of Legends as we all know exploded onto the RTSMOBA scene in 2009 however I have to say I only played one game before I was completely turned off on the game once I realized there was no denying creeps. Having said that I decided to give the game another go and try to keep my own self prejudices aside. So here is what I have learned and have judged.

League of Legends is an RTSMOBA based off the massive breakout of DoTA Allstars a mod in Warcraft: ROC and TFT. Myself have been a fan of this game since it's original start in Starcraft as Aeon of Strife. I went into this MOBA expecting them to follow the same format but with Riot Games own sort of flare. However I was surprised to find that they deviated away from the original source material by a long ways. I found that there was no longer any traditional lane control by denying your own creeps to prevent xp/gold gain to your lane opponents and there was this "pokemon" style brush where you or your enemies would disappear in as soon as stepping into it.

Instead of following the original material they took an interesting spin on things. They added additional sheets of runes and etc to enhance your champion in game. You can place runes to increase your champions Ability Power, Defense, Magical Defense and Attack Power. Granted never having experienced this before with any other MOBA of it's kind I found this both to be an added aspect to the game both good and bad. Good being it immerses you deeper into the role you are trying to or have mastered and bad in the sense it gives a veteran player an upper edge to let's say one who has not had that many games in.

In addition to the runes they also as previously mentioned taken away denying of your own creeps. I have to say that I absolutely hated this part of the game given it left me feeling no sense of lane control. No matter what I did I could no stop my opponent from gaining experience. Unless I was to just go complete "Rambo" and push him out of lane expending both health and mana to do it. I have to say this aspect of the game to me took so much skill out of it that I almost felt as though this was a casual version of my beloved DoTA.

Other changes included would be the "secondary spells" as well as the free "tp" back to base. These additional spells could be 2 of several ones. To include health, mana, blink, slow and etc. I have to say I actually enjoyed playing around with the combinations to see which suited the champion I was playing. The free "TP" back to base put me off a bit. It eliminated the need for buying teleport scrolls which again makes it a bit casual.

A big change also came in the form of no gold loss upon death. This however nice it may be really left me feeling no punishment for messing up and dying. Really didn't push me to try harder given I lost nothing for it. Yet another casual feel to an already casually feeling game.

A light however at the end of the tunnel. With LoLs immense champion pool and seemingly endless combinations and variations you are constantly striving for the best team make up and strategy which I have to say is awesome. Combined with LoLs humongous active player base you are never left sitting in Que for an eternity and with no stat recordings one or two bad games don't leave a red mark on your ledger LoL can be a nice break from the normal hardcore gaming.

"THE VERDICT" LoL is true to be a much more casual game compared to it's rivals DOTA 2 and Heroes of Newerth but I believe that to be both a good and bad thing and not just bad. With it's more casual gameplay you find yourself not getting so upset by a death or defeat and can ultimately enjoy the game more. However I have to say that if you are looking for a more skill based game and you enjoy the raging DOTA 2 and HoN might cleanse your pallet more, but if you are one of the many who just enjoys playing a game or two simply because it is a game then LoL is definitely the choice for you.

So given it's casual style compared to it's predecessor DoTA Allstars and not holding true to the skill based performance. Including it's variety of champions, spells, runes and etc. I have to give LoL a well deserved 6/10.
  17. Feb 19, 2015
    Not worthy to be called a game. Devs don't give a damn crap about the game. Instead, they put a lot of money into making music for this game so the game gets popular (Imagine Dragons). Don't excect any good patches/champions rework, since Riot never heard the word 'balance' before. Are you retarded, you have no life, and no friends? Then League of Legends is something for you. Do you likeNot worthy to be called a game. Devs don't give a damn crap about the game. Instead, they put a lot of money into making music for this game so the game gets popular (Imagine Dragons). Don't excect any good patches/champions rework, since Riot never heard the word 'balance' before. Are you retarded, you have no life, and no friends? Then League of Legends is something for you. Do you like a good community, amazing updates, and just a better experience? Play any other MOBA. Expand
  18. Feb 19, 2015
    This game is was very good and very fun to play, because you had a big variety of champions you could play, each one with it's own pros and cons.

Nowadays there is a pool of like 20 champions which are ridiciously overpowered and every other champion is way too useless to play them. In other words: play these champions or don't play League of Legends. Riot somehow proceeds to improve the good champions and nerf the bad ones, whysoever.

In addition to this the servers are pretty unreliable.

In sum: don't play this game.
  19. Feb 14, 2015
    .........................................................................................................................................................
  20. Feb 7, 2015
    The best most successful game in the MOBA genre. Dominating all others in Esports and players per day it is definitely not a business as you can take it or leave it on the skins and early char unlocks. The support is fantastic and they are constantly evolving the game to keep it relevant and competitive. Any negative comments are from Dota players or people who did not play the game longThe best most successful game in the MOBA genre. Dominating all others in Esports and players per day it is definitely not a business as you can take it or leave it on the skins and early char unlocks. The support is fantastic and they are constantly evolving the game to keep it relevant and competitive. Any negative comments are from Dota players or people who did not play the game long enough to know what they are talking about. They even sponser multiple gaming communities to dish out thousands of RP per day in low end amateur tourneys based on player skill level. RP is their "in game money" for skins. Expand
  21. Feb 6, 2015
    The worst multiplayer game I've ever played. Don't even waste your money buying something in their online store. This game is a business and was made to make money on stupid people be smarter. Their servers are always down or lagging, they have maintenance modes every week when ranked or normal modes disabled. This is just disgusting. If your client will stop working and you will reconnectThe worst multiplayer game I've ever played. Don't even waste your money buying something in their online store. This game is a business and was made to make money on stupid people be smarter. Their servers are always down or lagging, they have maintenance modes every week when ranked or normal modes disabled. This is just disgusting. If your client will stop working and you will reconnect after 5 minutes they will kick you automatically and you need to reconnect again! and then the next game you must wait 5 minutes to start a game. This is a business not a game. I have less pleasure playing this game and more stress. Just disgusting. Expand
  22. Feb 1, 2015
    A very good game with many updates . It is my favourite game because I play with my friends and it has many players and items . Also I think it is the best game for the kind of these games .
  23. Jan 30, 2015
    so, i've been playing this game for a while now, and i gotta tell you it sucks, at most this is a waste of battery life, and i know the developers only want you to play so you can "invest" in new champions and skins, no this game sucks ass
  24. Jan 29, 2015
    nine because the game is fun and addicting with many strategies you can make and champions have different skill sets. not 10 because they need to solve the lag in the game. ty
  25. Jan 28, 2015
    Nice game, but it copied the original DotA, back when it was just a simple mod in Warcraft III. (Play it and you'll see) You have to buy champions, which is really dumb. The fanbase is horrible. A lot of heroes are overpowered. Everything else is good.
  26. Jan 26, 2015
    When this game came out it was awesome,but somehow it got derailed. Balance is absolute crap, you see the same 10-15 champs in every game every tournament for the last 2 years...

The community is crap too, full of angry arrogant selfish kiddoes ,who start swearing as soon as they make a mistake and die, oh and they want to insta report you for not playing according to their rulebook of how to play,what they checked on some web page and be aware if you want to chance anything up to your liking.

Originally you could test this and that which made the game much more fun seeing how it turned out not anymore,due to these brainless kiddoes. Every game is more or less the same ,the game is boring and dull.

Oh one more thing, sometimes they take your favourite champion(which isnt even close to being op) and redesign it so it is doesnt even resembles the original one, fe soraka who should be a healer ,yet she cant heal herself anymore, instead she uses her own health to heal others... what a **** desing no wonder nobody pick her anymore.

This game maybe looks good and sounds good , you could enjoy it for a month or two , but then it became boring and frustrating. Go try out Smite or even the new Blizzard's one Heroes of somthing is much more fun , or dota 2 which I heared is much more balanced.
  27. Jan 25, 2015
    They made copy cat. World of warcraft rogue, warrioir gage. and stats. Absolutely same. And Dota style. I think that originality is very important to review.
  28. Jan 19, 2015
    I was in cbt, it was good back then. There were only about 40-50 champions to select from with a new one coming every few months. Now they are releasing a new champion every other week which makes it impossible to keep up with getting new champions unless you lack a life or want to spend a lot of real money on it. One of my idiot friends fell for this and has spent 5.8k usd on league soI was in cbt, it was good back then. There were only about 40-50 champions to select from with a new one coming every few months. Now they are releasing a new champion every other week which makes it impossible to keep up with getting new champions unless you lack a life or want to spend a lot of real money on it. One of my idiot friends fell for this and has spent 5.8k usd on league so far... I might rate this up to a 5 if they included an all in one package, for one price, like smite did... However, the game is no longer about skill, its about "counters." Problem is, if you don't grind using crappy champions or wont spend real money (on a garbage game might I add) you wont be able to counter said OP champions. I am sorry but this is just a piss poor design. Smite is the better option, hi-rez might be a team of inbred morons but at least they made a solid skill based game, compared to this garbage. Expand
  29. Jan 18, 2015
    The game is OK. It was clear that was developed by DoTA designers, so there are no "copy" between DoTA and LoL heroes.The problems aren't on the game itself: they are on anywhere else. A important point is the community. Not only on Brazil (my native country), but the NA, EU and etc. servers as well. People just follow blindly a "meta" and report everyone who tries to change it (even inThe game is OK. It was clear that was developed by DoTA designers, so there are no "copy" between DoTA and LoL heroes.The problems aren't on the game itself: they are on anywhere else. A important point is the community. Not only on Brazil (my native country), but the NA, EU and etc. servers as well. People just follow blindly a "meta" and report everyone who tries to change it (even in special occasions).
    And the lack of cooperation is bizarre. It's like you have 9 enemies: 5 for the enemy team, and 4 on yours. The few players you can enjoy play are those who have cooperation sense
  30. Jan 13, 2015
    Buen juego pero sin duda necesitas jugarlo hasta llegar a nivel 30 para ver si te gusta o no no puedes jugarlo 2 semanas y decir no me gusto uno de los mejores juegos que he jugado no es un pay to play en el que necesariamente necesitas comprar algo para ganar los campeones estan muy bien balanceados y aunque aveces unos se desbalancean por las actualizaciones a objetos y nuevos campeonesBuen juego pero sin duda necesitas jugarlo hasta llegar a nivel 30 para ver si te gusta o no no puedes jugarlo 2 semanas y decir no me gusto uno de los mejores juegos que he jugado no es un pay to play en el que necesariamente necesitas comprar algo para ganar los campeones estan muy bien balanceados y aunque aveces unos se desbalancean por las actualizaciones a objetos y nuevos campeones Riot Games da un buen servicio al poner parches cada 2 semanas y asi reparar esos desbalanceos manteniendo el juego con vida Expand
  31. Jan 11, 2015
    Awful game. Repetitive gameplay, totally unbalanced champions, only one real map. I know people are saying this game is funny with friend but they should probably play better game which are funniest like Awesomenauts. The "Hardcore gamers" shoulden't loose their time on this and probably should go play Dota 2
  32. Jan 7, 2015
    Worst community i've ever seen in a Game. It becomes unplayable, specially in Brazil, where 90% of players start calling your mother something before the match even starts. Listen to me, it's not worth playing, you are only going to screw the rest of your day.
  33. Jan 7, 2015
    League of legends is a game that's all about teamwork and cooperation. communicating with your teammates about when to attack or defend. a fantastic game of strategy and skill. the community however if very unhelpful and they just like to hate. the matches are long and require full attention, but once you win you feel like a champion, once you lose you don't just quit there you figure outLeague of legends is a game that's all about teamwork and cooperation. communicating with your teammates about when to attack or defend. a fantastic game of strategy and skill. the community however if very unhelpful and they just like to hate. the matches are long and require full attention, but once you win you feel like a champion, once you lose you don't just quit there you figure out what you did wrong and you fix it. you learn more by losing then by winning based of what I have seen. Expand
  34. Jan 4, 2015
    Great game. Played the hell out of it. Done with it. It became too esports focused, not that that is a bad thing, but they left behind all the other players. They took away the funny style they had and replaced it with a much too serious tone. They even redid the original characters because they were no longer fitting into the world they'd changed the game to be. They started addingGreat game. Played the hell out of it. Done with it. It became too esports focused, not that that is a bad thing, but they left behind all the other players. They took away the funny style they had and replaced it with a much too serious tone. They even redid the original characters because they were no longer fitting into the world they'd changed the game to be. They started adding too many characters and not caring about the balance of the game. Though adding the new maps and gameplay styles was a big plus and kept the game from droping a few more points in my book!

I still play once in a while, but I just don't have the heart for it anymore, especially with new MOBAs like Vainglory.
  35. Jan 3, 2015
    This game is an addictive MOBA (multiplier online battle arena) game. It requires a very quick computer as it does take up a bit of space. As well as this your internet connection changes your experience "in game." This game is created by Riot Game and if you encounter a problem all you need to do is contact them. Their support teams are very good and can normally sort you out. This gameThis game is an addictive MOBA (multiplier online battle arena) game. It requires a very quick computer as it does take up a bit of space. As well as this your internet connection changes your experience "in game." This game is created by Riot Game and if you encounter a problem all you need to do is contact them. Their support teams are very good and can normally sort you out. This game also has in"app" purchases - however these are not necessary for unlocking characters.

All in all this game is very good yet highly addictive. It is a must play and I highly recommend it!
  36. Jan 2, 2015
    The game was executed quite well, and there are many who love it. But personally I really don't enjoy it.

There are loads of negative and annoying factors in this game. Like being forced to last hit all minions or just go **** youself because you just lost. Only some characters being viable, while others are just absolutely useless. And way more.

So all I can give this game is a 7.
  37. Dec 27, 2014
    I play this game now for a long time and it is still the best online games i've ever played, and I'm sure that I will play this game for the next 5 years
  38. Dec 25, 2014
    Great game but after playing 3k hours of DotA LoL seems very easy and casual to me, which is great because its very relaxing. The hate must stop games like Dota, LoL and Smite are amazing when you know what you're doing.
  39. Dec 24, 2014
    This game is battle arena based. This game is like dota in warcraft but with diffrent name, item, and champions. The game is too short but have many improvement.
  40. Dec 23, 2014
    The game itself is decent but all the little problems and bad design decisions combined with a bad community make the game something of a frustrating mess. Firstly the pricing model is a rip off and I do mean a rip off, if you play the game dont make my mistake and put money into it - if you want to support the dev put £20 or equivalent onto the game and never any more it just isnt worthThe game itself is decent but all the little problems and bad design decisions combined with a bad community make the game something of a frustrating mess. Firstly the pricing model is a rip off and I do mean a rip off, if you play the game dont make my mistake and put money into it - if you want to support the dev put £20 or equivalent onto the game and never any more it just isnt worth it for what you get. Secondly the graphics are a below average but they are serviceable. The gameplay is decent but the click detection is a mess and in a big melee actually getting your char to attack what you want is a joke, this is caused by clipping issues galore. The balance is lacking also with about the 1/3 of champs being the stronger another 1/3 being mediocre and the last 1/3 being poor the point of not picking, basically if you wanna play for fun then the game has lots of champions if you wanna be competitive then it has a lot less champions. The worst part about the game however are the people who play it, the majority of the players are rude, angry and childish., they will use the report feature almost every game and report for things as pathetic as not picking the champion they wanted you to pick, the report system is so easily abusable by these people that the game would be better without it forcing a email if someone was really toxic. The reason I give this game a 4/10 is because despite being decent its just not fun if you dont have 4 friends it play it with. contrary to what many people say you cannot carry a game on your own, and having a team of toxic players who think they are great but actually suck is so frustrating, doing really well and being let down by an AFK or a person purposely giving advantage to the other team it just make the game not worth playing. If you have 4 competent friends then the rating goes up to a 7/10, the technical and balance issues keep it from scoring higher but its much more fun with friends, even when playing with friends i would still not put money into the game save for £20 or equivalent mentioned earlier.

P.S the game is technically unstable and the amount of crashes and glitches in the game is a bit of a joke given the simplicity of the game so if you do play the game expect crashed.
  41. Dec 23, 2014
    These **** ass **** regulate and control free speech and then create a formm that has discussions mocking the people who are having issues with other people. It's a **** ass **** club and they do not care about teamwork, or communication like they boast. They ban people because the CEO of this game is control issues like a little **** ass child.
  42. Dec 21, 2014
    The Game is Fun at times but because of the **** keep **** the chat section,my enjoyment becomes unenjoyable But the game is still good through it's characters and items.The Game is smooth and i have a good time playing the game but the only thing I hate is other people bashing me that I Suck,You're stupid! well **** you! GO GET A LIFE! Im not like you playing games that much I only playThe Game is Fun at times but because of the **** keep **** the chat section,my enjoyment becomes unenjoyable But the game is still good through it's characters and items.The Game is smooth and i have a good time playing the game but the only thing I hate is other people bashing me that I Suck,You're stupid! well **** you! GO GET A LIFE! Im not like you playing games that much I only play games for enjoyment! yeah the community sucks and thats the only thing i really hate about LoL! Expand
  43. Dec 21, 2014
    Being the only game i play, also a (team based) PvP and forgivable Free-to-Play approach will easily hook you on hours upon hours. With a massive selection of characters with different abilities and roles, gives you many options. However it has a unforgivable player-base that every game has due to the horrible mentality our society has. Anyway it's worth checking out
  44. Dec 18, 2014
    I've played this game and i hated it it is always the same thing you click to attack press a button on you're keyboard for magic and that's it. I expected a good game with action. Everyone likes games with chaos.
  45. Dec 15, 2014
    The community for this game is terrible. I've played Modern Warfare and Black Ops all my life and never seen such horrible behavior in as long a chain of matches as this game. Sure you'll run across players that rant all the time in Call of Duty but League of Legends is horrible. Players constantly bickering and arguing against each other. Calling each other names. I love this game butThe community for this game is terrible. I've played Modern Warfare and Black Ops all my life and never seen such horrible behavior in as long a chain of matches as this game. Sure you'll run across players that rant all the time in Call of Duty but League of Legends is horrible. Players constantly bickering and arguing against each other. Calling each other names. I love this game but can't play it due to the community.

Riot seems to favor particular champions as well in the League. Leblanc for instance had her silence removed but her damage and dodging is out of this world. It took Riot FOREVER to do something that seemed so obvious to change. Another example, Darius used to be pretty outrageous. It took Riot a while to balance him because they were afraid of nerfing him into the ground. The problem here is that again they favor their champions and don't do this for someone like Skarner or Eve that were nerfed way too far into the ground and didn't see the light of day until recently.

Oh did I mention that the servers are out of this world as well. I remember a time where the lag wasn't so bad and it was manageable. For me it was around the time of Varus's release and I enjoyed playing him because I could land all of his skill shots. I think about half a year to a year passed by and then it began to just dump and lag was inevitable about anywhere you played. This is probably around the time I switched to mid as my main because I could still play a champ with aoe abilities and have great burst to kill an opponent within those 5 stable seconds of ping. Now, every time I watch my friends play I can't help but chuckle at their demise as they helplessly lag all over the screen. I enjoy a fresh cup of liquid refreshment, kick back and just laugh at how terrible Riot's servers are and at how wise my decision was to stop playing this disaster.

If you enjoy this game and can handle game I would recommend this game to you. If you are in the same boat as me, get easily frustrated at lag, despise a horrible community then I would highly suggest you don't play this game and avoid it.
  46. Dec 13, 2014
    Let's start this by saying I don't care which game came first, which is ripping off the other and so on. So, do I like LoL? Yes, yes I do. Do I love it? God no. The main reasons for not loving it would be the difficulty to differentiate my attacks from the enemy's while on team fights (note that this happens so often, that I've gotten really used to it. But at first it annoyed the heck outLet's start this by saying I don't care which game came first, which is ripping off the other and so on. So, do I like LoL? Yes, yes I do. Do I love it? God no. The main reasons for not loving it would be the difficulty to differentiate my attacks from the enemy's while on team fights (note that this happens so often, that I've gotten really used to it. But at first it annoyed the heck out of me) and the por variety of gameplay. Also, mayority of the players seem incredibly rude, even by Online Gaming standarts The fact that one can report another player simply because of being a "noob" also annoys me. Nevertheless, I find the game to be fun while playing it with friends (not so much alone. Again, 'cause of the masses). Sure, it can be frustrating at times, but it can also be really rewarding other times. Expand
  47. Dec 11, 2014
    I played this game for relatively short period since it's attraction rapidly diminished within single month. The major positive point is definitely marketing strategy - it's free to play. Graphics and music are sound, game style reminds me Warcraft quest missions - storm turrets, duel against enemy's champions, advance towards opponent's base. Resources are simplified to gold whileI played this game for relatively short period since it's attraction rapidly diminished within single month. The major positive point is definitely marketing strategy - it's free to play. Graphics and music are sound, game style reminds me Warcraft quest missions - storm turrets, duel against enemy's champions, advance towards opponent's base. Resources are simplified to gold while champion's are able to spend that gold for different items, I'm sure that sounds familiar to most of gamers.
    Now let's review pros and cons of this particular game -
    Pros :
    1) Good quality of art
    2) Simple control ( 4 major skills are correlate to QWER buttons )
    3) Simple & attractive concept
    4) Broad range of different champions to choose from
    Cons :
    1) Game client is unstable, especially for Mac, game often freezes, crashes
    2) Network protocol is chatty , lags due bandwidth limitations are happens
    3) Free to play concept has a tricky part e.g. powerful champions would cost you real money
    4) Champions are unbalanced, some champion's skills dubious e.g. allows exploits/abuses
    5) Some players exhibits hostile behaviour however game engine does not utilize any means of protection against that. For example players could deprive each other of resources since game does not reward according to efforts e.g. the person who made last blow to monster, enemy champion, tower etc receives rewards instead of sharing proportional to total damage.
    6) Many skills are created specially to give advantage to AI bots e.g. 1 second shield which restores mana upon being broken by enemy spell etc.
    In general, game is really shallow, which is unfortunately provides a huge boost to it's popularity - if you are searching for a long term game this game is probably a bad choice. If you want to enjoy this game, do not hesitate to spent at least 100 dollars for Riot points and do not start from champions with difficulty higher than six :)
  48. Dec 10, 2014
    It's a great game , no need to pay to win. Always updates , champions and championships.
    Only thing is paid skins to beautify the champions .
    All F2P games should follow the model of the League of Legends
  49. Dec 9, 2014
    So I have been playing League of Legends for a couple months now and due to my extensive gaming past or just the fact that I have played 600+ games, I have picked up the game relatively quick. I have not played DOTA 2, which is the other MOBA (Mobile Online Battle Arena), but I have played many other online games including first person shooters, real time strategies, and massivelySo I have been playing League of Legends for a couple months now and due to my extensive gaming past or just the fact that I have played 600+ games, I have picked up the game relatively quick. I have not played DOTA 2, which is the other MOBA (Mobile Online Battle Arena), but I have played many other online games including first person shooters, real time strategies, and massively multiplayer online role playing games, and League is by far the most addictive for me.
    I started playing when numerous friends of mine convinced me to, and they taught me all the basics of the game. That was about all they could really help with before I had to find out the rest for myself because the game has so very much to it. At the beginning the basics seem a little overwhelming but once those are learned everything else just becomes improvements, and there are always room for more, which keeps the player playing. Since every game is against new players it is a different experience every time without fail, as opposed to killing the same computer programed boss every game. What mixes well with this is the myriad of champions that League of Legends boasts, which is up to I believe over 100 now. The champions, or playable characters, leave room for something new every game as each one has different abilities and purposes.
    Most of the fun in the game comes from learning all these champions, and if you’re at all like me, the gain of skill is what makes the game addicting. Since every game you can do a little better and better until you’re the one beating up the other guys, and even then you can just play a new champion and do it all over again until you are great with both. The other variations in gameplay is the different positions, in which different champions excel. There are 5 positions and they each do something very different, leaving room for anyone to find one or more that they enjoy. Even with all the focus on individual gameplay, the game comes down to a team game that is fantastic to play with friends, if you can.
    The biggest problem of the game is part of the community that plays. There are people in every game that just play to make everyone else angry and League of Legends is no exception. There are people who will rage in the chat, run around dying making the game easier for the enemies, or just simply quit mid game. With each game played being composed of 10 players, 1 player can completely shift the mood of the game from something friendly and fun to a waist of time. The majority of the time this doesn’t happen, it’s just when it does it can cut the fun into little to nothing.
    League of Legends is in all a very fun game, especially to those that enjoy skill based games against players. I would recommend it to anyone who has some extra time on their hands and wants a longstanding game to play with friends.
  50. Dec 5, 2014
    Horrible community. Its like all the corruption and evil condensed into one game. And that game is League of Legends. Their community is so horrible and evil. They will make u immadietly rage quit your match and directly unninstalling it. Just like i did just now
  51. Dec 4, 2014
    Ich war anfangs sehr begeistert von dem spiel, schöne grafik und hinter jedem champ steckt sogar eine eigene kleine geschichte, sowas findet man recht selten bei solchen spielen.
    Es den champs (also den spielbaren figuren) die liebe zum detail deutlich anzusehen und man sieht auch das die sich zu jedem champ wirklich gedanken machen.
    Klar ist es unmöglich alles fair zu balancen, dazu
    Klar ist es unmöglich alles fair zu balancen, dazu sind es einfach zu viele figuren.

Das gameplay jedoch ist jedoch recht mager im moment: es nerven die ständigen serverlags, ausfälle und bugs einiger champs gewaltig.
    Und während die spielerschaft in den usa bei jedem ausfall mit champs, skins oder boosts entschädigt werden, zeigt riot der europäischen spielerschaft nur den blanken hintern.
    Ich spiele zwar noch nicht so lange und werde es wohl auch nicht bei den immer schlimmer werdenden lags.
    riot, bitte schafft erst einmal anständige server an damit es ohne lags wieder spass macht, dann wird lol villeicht auch mal in europa populär.
  52. Dec 3, 2014
    I loved this game until they stole my money , i contacted customer service about 35 times in order for them to return my money but they didn't help me out with it, RIOT games rapes people that is what i figured it out so far
  53. Dec 1, 2014
    Not worth the time and effort.

Not worth the time and effort.

There are a number of things wrong with this game as someone who has played since almost beta it has even made me want to leave. There is the 100+ champions you need to learn in order to play. There is their toxic community that makes the game intolerable most of the time. They completely rework the game every season requiring tons of time and effort to relearn the game again. Then there is the automated systems they put in to deal with the toxic game that usually ends up putting you in worst queues due to their own server issues.

I've spent several years playing this game and to anyone thinking about just picking it up now I'd save yourself the time. Unless you're an extreme hardcore gamer who enjoys being trolled constantly and dealing with poor servers and patches. In which case this game is right up your alley!
  54. Nov 28, 2014
    There are many Pro and Cons, the main ones:
    Game is fun with friends playing causally. If you play solo prepare to get disappointed/frustrated as there are many trolls/team griefers. Ranked is very competitive and often the playerbase is very toxic and abusive to bad performances. The graphic just got updated so it's pretty nice. Lots of new updates/Champions to keep the game fresh.
  55. Nov 19, 2014
    League of Legends is really what put MOBAs on the map and brought me into it. Its a great team game to play and has a ton of people constantly playing. You play as champions in 5v5 combat against each other. You get to unlock more champions by gaining in game currency and playing more. The community is known though for trolling and the servers do have its blips too. There's 100+ ChampionsLeague of Legends is really what put MOBAs on the map and brought me into it. Its a great team game to play and has a ton of people constantly playing. You play as champions in 5v5 combat against each other. You get to unlock more champions by gaining in game currency and playing more. The community is known though for trolling and the servers do have its blips too. There's 100+ Champions for a variety of gameplay, and 4 different modes while I believe most of it's played on the 5v5 map Summoners Rift. It has a bit of a learning curve if you're new, especially to people with no MOBA experience. It's a free game, and supported by micro-transactions for skins which are pretty cool. The eSports scene in the game is huge and pretty entertaining as well. The main problems with me in League of Legends is that for a team game there's not enough communication options in my opinion, as well the movement doesn't feel super smooth and at some points you can zone out trying to last hit minions. I also think the map for as long as it's been out needs some adjustments. Overall I believe it's an 8 out of 10 in fun to me it's really fun with friends, but alone I don't feel like a big part of a team and communicating isn't so strong. Expand
  56. Nov 16, 2014
    League of Legends does one thing right: cloning the early laning phase of Dota. The rest of the matches feel like overglorified First Blood fights. I really don't like this game seeing as I've played a much better and more accessible MOBA: Dota 2.

League of Legends is bad because: Toxic Community Hollow strategies and gameplay Lifesteal on almost every character is viable (wtf?)

League of Legends is bad because:
    Toxic Community
    Hollow strategies and gameplay
    Lifesteal on almost every character is viable (wtf?)
    Disappointing graphics
    Excessively raunchy artwork that is used because sex sells
    You have to buy characters just to try them out (you can wait for a character to go free to play for a certain amount of time, but you can't just play who you want to play)
    Riot Points are overpriced and are not worth what you pay for
    About 80-90% of characters that exist in League of Legends copy characters from Dota (Corki/Gyrocopter, Thresh/Pudge, Ashe/Drow...)

I've played over 50 games of LoL and I feel I can make this opinion. In comparison to others of the genre, League of Legends falls behind in lots of categories.

Go play Dota 2, It's a lot tougher; but a much better game than this piece of trash.
  57. Nov 16, 2014
    I guess it's alright for a free game, and some people like it, but if you're anything like me, you'll hate it. Repetitive, unbalanced, **** controls and essentially pay-to-win mechanics make this game pretty crap.
  58. Nov 15, 2014
    Well community in this game sux, from time to time developers release stupid champions crazy overpowered crazy underpowered some times you lose 30-40 min of your life because some guy will go afk, wants to troll etc. but still I play this game... It is that good. This game has best communicating with community developers they are bit slow in implementing fixes but still they listen theyWell community in this game sux, from time to time developers release stupid champions crazy overpowered crazy underpowered some times you lose 30-40 min of your life because some guy will go afk, wants to troll etc. but still I play this game... It is that good. This game has best communicating with community developers they are bit slow in implementing fixes but still they listen they talk to gamers, it is most addicting game I ever played and I play it knowing I will get afk moron in like next 10-15 games I highly recommend to try this game still you will need to learn a lot of things to get good in it! Expand
  59. Nov 8, 2014
    This is really solid MOBA game. In perfect scenario it is really enjoyable and fun to play, but..
    - archaic client's architecture comes with new glitches and bugs with every patch
    - some balance changes are absolutely pointless, no identifying real core of the issue - law of jungle and bad community - and yes, flamers are not the worse part of it, at least some portion of it gets
    - law of jungle and bad community - and yes, flamers are not the worse part of it, at least some portion of it gets punished in some way, in worst scenario you can mute them. But there are also feeders, afkers, trolls who ruin your game experience on purpose and you can't do anything about it. You can report them but there is obviously no punishment for it, and Riot absolutely doesn't care about it. To be honest, it's one of the worst customer care in gaming history. All they focus is e-sport side of this game, and don't care about providing a friendly environment in any way in regular games.

So summing up, a lot of games feels like a waste of time. If you loose because of being outplayed - it's natural, but if you loose and waste 30+minutes just because someone feeds or trolls on purpose - it's just demotivating.

So in perfect scenario (no flame, no feed, no trolling) this game is 9/10, but since perfect scenarios tend to happen extremely rarely, 6/10 is max I can give, it's just more often frustrating than fun.
  60. Nov 7, 2014
    Been playing ever since the end of about late S2, and i can say that I have enjoyed playing league of legends, a lot. It's addicting, it's complex, it's frustrating... The first year I played league was just such a blur,.. coming from playing wow a bit and fps games, the controls and view was really weird. I barely knew what I was doing for a really long time ( tutorial sucked back then),Been playing ever since the end of about late S2, and i can say that I have enjoyed playing league of legends, a lot. It's addicting, it's complex, it's frustrating... The first year I played league was just such a blur,.. coming from playing wow a bit and fps games, the controls and view was really weird. I barely knew what I was doing for a really long time ( tutorial sucked back then), and on top of that there are some toxic kids that could ruin your whole experience when you just start out.

As i progressed onto ranked, it starting becoming more serious for me to play, and I actually had a better time playing it to be "ranked" into different divisions across your server. The only bad things i've experienced from then on out is just the trolls, afk's, toxic people, but at the moment it's definitely gotten better :D. As you get better at the game in ranked, you start to get way less of those people, luckily.

Plus, Riot games actually does care a lot about shaping the community, which is a big part of league,and does a fair job balancing all the champions, and making the game easily enjoyable when you don't have to put a single dime into playing it.
  61. Nov 4, 2014
    This is one of the best games I've ever played in my entire 30 year gaming life. It's a action/shooter/strategic multiplayer-mixed-genre game. I've played LOL 4 years since it launced 2011. I'm not interested in the rift anymore. but, I still play the abyss somtimes. Again, LOL is the one of the best game for the entire gaming history like WOW, COD4.
  62. Oct 29, 2014
    Overall this is a nice game. It is not perfect or original, but it's fun. I perfectly understand all the negative reviews, the community is a HUGE problem and ruins most of your matches.

Personally I can't stand the solo queue (AKA ranked matches playing with other people that you don't know), sometimes I find nice people to play with, they teach me and tell me what I'm doing wrong and what should I do, because they want to help me and want help to win. Other times, I find people that doesn't care at all of what are you doing, if they are playing bad then they are going to flame you because you didn't do this or that so it is your fault that they are dying.

For the game itself, It is still 6. The character rooster is great and each champion is truly unique, so each time you play it can be different. Most of them are balanced and if they aren't the game is patched pretty quickly introducing nerfs and buffs, but then, there are some champions that are so powerful that you can see them in the enemy team in every match (ex. in these months I've seen Yasuo in nearly ANY match I've played, and in draft picks he's always banned), and this can unbalance the game, but if you have a good team, you can still win.

This game is totally not Pay 2 Win, in fact, you can only pay with real money for skins and boosts, the rest can be purchased with in-game currency.

If you are looking for a game to play with your friends or you like competition, then download it, you will not be disappointed, but if you are playing alone and are easly annoyed by flamers, then avoid this game at all costs, it's just not worth it
  63. Oct 28, 2014
    League of Legends is an okay game, but it really doesn't excel at anything at all, except for it's marketing.

I have played the game for about 3 years now (climbed my way to the rank of Gold 2), and I finally uninstalled it a few months ago with no intentions of returning. It is an excellent time sink if you have literally no other game to play. I've played for hundreds of hours solo and with friends, and wasted plenty of money on useless cosmetic skins (protip: do not do this ever, it is a slippery slope.) I have a few friends who justify spending upwards of 20 dollars just to change the clothes their champions are wearing. Many of these microtransactions are completely ridiculous and overpriced, yet Riot seems to get away with it since their playerbase doesn't seem to care in the slightest.

Furthermore, in recent additions to the game, not only did they increase the base IP(points that you gain through playing the game that can be spent on unlocking champions) that new champions cost, they made the past five or six champions incredibly overpowered. I speculate that this chain of events took place in order to drive up their sales by forcing people to either use almost 10 hours worth of IP to unlock the champion, or shell out about 10 bucks to unlock the champion. Whether or not this was their intention, this practice seems exploitative of the consumers, as by the time these champions drop in price they have been through several nerfs and revisions that make them far less powerful.

Overall, as a consumer I can not recommend this game to anyone. It's guise of free-to-play comes with caveats, the community as a whole is incredibly rude and unwelcoming, and the gameplay is a bit shallow, with it's strict, repetitive metagame that Riot encourages players to follow to a T.

Credit where it is due, though, I have not really experienced too many game breaking glitches, and matchmaking is OK at best. However, due to the lack of perceivable fun in the game, I have decided to score it thusly.
  64. Oct 27, 2014
    I've been playing League of Legends for 2 years now and it's the main game I play. Even after 2 years their are so many things I havn't conquered and tried. With 121 champions their is really always something new to try.

The gameplay is really smooth but the map is descent. Currently the map is a bit unfocused and lacks some qualities that enable one to fully concentrate on the gameplay. Since RIOT takes feedback from players a new map is coming soon in season 5, which looks more modern designed compared to other mobas.

The game is really teamwork based and very competitive. Many of my friends play League and it keeps us having fun and enjoy the game even more. The competitive environment in League is immense. Their are many major events in League that inspires you to play League and keeps an interesting conversation with your friends. For instance, this year the Worlds Tournament's last game was held in a Korean Football Stadium, which was sold out and the whole field also packed.

Adding to the love for the game, League of Legends is the most popular MOBA on twitch. If you aren't playing league you are watching someone else play league.

The game is really easy to learn with a friend and very overwhelmed with all the skill shots and high graphic skills flying around during a teamfight. Their is always something going on in the game and you have to keep up with the fast paced gameplay(competitive). League is a fun game once you get used to the mechanics and ingame logics, where then you can exploit on your enemies. Another thing I would like to mention is the community and company works are really cool, you are constantly amazed by storyline videos, amazing highlights, community pop reels, Pro Interviews, and interactive website storylines.

Their is so much to talk about on this game. I'm just going to stop here for now. Just play the game and join the community!
  65. Oct 23, 2014
    This game is an excellent game. If you're interested in getting better perhaps you should check out Challenger Support player Benign Sentinel's stream. He's extremely helpful, knowledgeable and positive with a wide range of characters. Check out his stream at www.twitch.tv/eroticles
  66. Oct 23, 2014
    League is the best free to play MOBA out there. Developer Riot continues to patch, upgrade and surprise their players. A lot of game modes and a constant flow of new characters and skins make this a game to be played for years to come.
  67. Oct 21, 2014
    WARNING: THIS GAME IS NOT FREE. I know friends that have thrown 100's of dollars to get the best champs. That's fine if you are buying it because he looks cool, but no, you are forced to buy the best champs if you even want to try to have fun in this game. Other than that, i think everything about the game is lack luster (especially the community and servers). What is really sad is thatWARNING: THIS GAME IS NOT FREE. I know friends that have thrown 100's of dollars to get the best champs. That's fine if you are buying it because he looks cool, but no, you are forced to buy the best champs if you even want to try to have fun in this game. Other than that, i think everything about the game is lack luster (especially the community and servers). What is really sad is that this is really the only "good" MOBA out there, except DOTA. But luckily the genre is getting a boost, and hopefully we can leave this lie behind us. Expand
  68. Oct 21, 2014
    I've played very close to 1100 hours of this game by now, and that number is only going up. You'll only ever know you enjoy it if you play it and try for yourself. For me, that absurd amount of time should speak for itself.
  69. Oct 21, 2014
    lots of these reviews are really old and the game doesnt seem to work well on older computers(every other game it will freeze but i can always "reconnect" to it) and it is free to play, you get new champs to try every week and you also win "IP" points every match to buy new champs with, i have been playing under 2 weeks and have unlocked 3 of the cheaper-ish champs and can use themlots of these reviews are really old and the game doesnt seem to work well on older computers(every other game it will freeze but i can always "reconnect" to it) and it is free to play, you get new champs to try every week and you also win "IP" points every match to buy new champs with, i have been playing under 2 weeks and have unlocked 3 of the cheaper-ish champs and can use them permanently and that was without spending any actual cash. this is also a really difficult game, the main point is to not die, i got my skill up by playing against bots and now i dont "feed"(die alot) to the enemy faction. really hard learning curve but i have played EVE and not gone insane so i can learn this game as well.

Main point of all of this is, the game is fun with friends, it is difficult even with friends, it is free to play. even though you will want to spend money maybe to get a certain champion faster or to buy new "skins" to make your champ look different. otherwise if you like strategy games, because it takes "strategy" and knowing the proper way to use the abilities of a certain champion. you wouldnt go using a sniper rifle for up close combat in call of duty just like you wouldnt snipe someone with a shotgun. there are certain ways to use certin characters, play it for free, rage and quit, or get better and enjoy yourself, like me currently for free.
  70. Oct 13, 2014
    I'm playing this game for 4 years now, starting early season 1 and all I can say is that this is an amazing game with a horrible community, but all you have to do is to find 4 friends to play and mute the other team and this is certainly my most important pvp experience I ever found in an online game.
  71. Oct 13, 2014
    This is a game that really deserves perfect score. Only flaw comes from toxic community, but its not this game fault, that people nowadays are frustrated/plain stupid - nothing developers can do about it. Just mute trolls and report them :)
    Everything else in this game is excellent from great art graphic, excellent ballance, lots of strategy and most of all its addicting and for me its hard to put down - i played it for couple hundreds hours and i still have fun with it. RIOT improves this game constantly, adding new champs, modes, ballance changes etc.
    Its free to play and not pay to win - i strongly recommend You to give it a try. Overall I found my new multiplayer love, like Quake games years ago.
  72. Oct 10, 2014
    No diretide 2013
    daed gaem
    GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO GIVE DIRETIDE VOLVO
  73. Oct 8, 2014
    Sadly, it wasn't ultimately the toxic community, horrible champion balance/design among the majority of champions, absolutely screwed up beyond belief meta (especially top and the bruiser, currently), brain melting boring competitive scene on twitch with the same 12-16 out of a pool of 120+ champions, it wasn't the DC's or afks during games, the games that are absolutely awful and over yetSadly, it wasn't ultimately the toxic community, horrible champion balance/design among the majority of champions, absolutely screwed up beyond belief meta (especially top and the bruiser, currently), brain melting boring competitive scene on twitch with the same 12-16 out of a pool of 120+ champions, it wasn't the DC's or afks during games, the games that are absolutely awful and over yet a couple people on the losing team absolutely refuse to surrender and the enemy team refuses to push the issue and end the match in a less then century long time so yet another horrible match drags on forever, the awful reworks/mini reworks (olaf, cass, kass, etc), the ridiculous amount of highest priced champions, the ludicrous amount of skins and their increasingly ridiculous prices, it wasn't the servers that are down half the time, the occasional idiotic bug that disables a hero or game mode, the crazy amount of time to aquire the IP to fill out a bunch of rune pages AFTER you spent an crap load of time and/or money getting the rune pages in the first place. No, it was not those mountain of reasons why I ultimately quit the game. Surprising, no?

The reason why I ultimately quit the game was in soloq my personal experience with the awful, atrocious, horrendous, grotesque, abysmal, disgusting, cancerous, malignant, vomit-inducing, wretched abomination that they call the match making system, and the incompetent, ape-like, borderline retarded people that would have the audacity to put such a system out there, call it "match making", and not feel the deepest soul-crushing shame to the point of suicidal thoughts as a result of the job they did. THAT is what made me give up on the game. When it got to the point where 95% of my soloq matches in blind, draft, even aram eventually became the epitome of what I would call "horribly not-fun", THAT is why I quit this god awful game, and you should too, or at least NOT consider playing it. ALL the money you spend, ALL the time and effort you spend is basically wasted unless maybe you can get to the very high tier such as master where I see people have to wait 5+ minutes for a game plenty of times. Are you ready to sink that amount of time, effort, and money to maybe have a chance at a decently enjoyable playing experience more then maybe half the time? Then try this game out.

Answer this question: Is a 50% win rate really a 50 win rate, if you have to bust your balls and "scrape dog meat off the streets to survive" type of effort into every blood, sweat, and tears game that you win, every small win steak that you gave yourself heart palpitations to achieve, just to have IT ALL WIPED OUT, by a string of games that happens more often then your win streaks, given to you by the matchmaking where you have quitters, afks, laggers/dc's, horribly toxic aholes, completely screwed up matchups, lopsided skill/ranking matchups (I had bronzes and silvers on my team vs golds and plats as an example) and it seems to get more and more constant the more time and money you put into the game? As a sort of "F YOU" to you for spending time and money on their game, compliments riot? If you like the sound of that, give this game a try! Otherwise, avoid this game like it is cancer, aids, and ebola combined.

Go over to Dota 2, enjoy having the full compliment of heroes available so your money is spent on aesthetics as it should be, know that you have an at least half-competent game design and development company on your side so you wont be screwed by horrible balance, horrible designs, horrible metas and meta shifts, horrible matchmaking, horrible servers etc. etc. I could go on and on. Just save yourself so you don't end up down $100 and a bucket-load of sanity like me.
  74. Oct 7, 2014
    Addictive game that you will never get sick of. Always new features added to mix things up, and ranked gaming allows you to strive for something. Highly recommend.
  75. Oct 4, 2014
    Who gives a **** about ratings when it comes to games like DOTA, Smite or WOW. When you look at the bottom rating, you will see that people are **** about the community. They have the rights to do that but, **** people is already a big part of today's LoL community. Look at people **** about everybody an d everything but doing literally nothing in a game. Thing that he or she is too muchWho gives a **** about ratings when it comes to games like DOTA, Smite or WOW. When you look at the bottom rating, you will see that people are **** about the community. They have the rights to do that but, **** people is already a big part of today's LoL community. Look at people **** about everybody an d everything but doing literally nothing in a game. Thing that he or she is too much for a "noob team" like this.

Well, there are nice people too. But most of the time, you don't give a **** about people. You try to play this game right, better, and that's the purpose of it. Winning a game is something, but putting out some great moves, learning your character, or even failing is really fun. You can say the same for probably all moba games, but what makes League that good is its simplicity, and the versatility of the game. Every character has a different mechanics, playstyles, and actually creative ways of using spells unlike dota (sorry Russians). This game will never get repetitive. New champions, playstyles, builds... and new people, new flamers, kids, sociopaths etc.

****ing your life since 2010.
  76. Sep 28, 2014
    Selling champions really ruins the already simple gameplay.
    At lower levels, and I mean after playing about 200 games to get to summoner level 20, you are still getting games where its mostly that week's free to play champions. Game after game you are stuck playing with/against the same handful of champions.
    I'm not sure how it gets after you unlock ranked play at level 30, which is
    Selling champions really ruins the already simple gameplay.
    I'm not sure how it gets after you unlock ranked play at level 30, which is approximately 360 games which take 40 minutes each.
    The champions aren't nearly complex enough to spend a week playing, you tend to get pretty good after just a few games.

If you somehow get an account with everything unlocked, its a pretty fun casual game to play every once in awhile, otherwise there are much better options.
  77. Sep 26, 2014
    I have been playing this game for about one year ant it never bores me. I play all nights with my friends like casuals and we have the most fun! This game may be needing graphics like some say but riot will soon implement a new map, Also the community isn't that bad almost all games are acceptable but the possibilities of having a rager are high. Some people can't control themselves andI have been playing this game for about one year ant it never bores me. I play all nights with my friends like casuals and we have the most fun! This game may be needing graphics like some say but riot will soon implement a new map, Also the community isn't that bad almost all games are acceptable but the possibilities of having a rager are high. Some people can't control themselves and rage but that is not a problem of the game, that's a problem of the human himself .And by the way riot does the most possible to ban the ragers that troll using different methods like leaverbooster for afk or tribunal for negative and players that harass others. The "good" half of the community is very active in reddit and is helping riot finding bugs or they are giving requests and ideas that could improve the game. Finally i think this game will have a lot more years of activity and will be updating frequently with new gamemodes and champions every month or every 2 months. Expand
  78. Sep 25, 2014
    It can be fun... but i find this one very childish... like little cartoons. I rather play Smite. In this game you can find ragers like in every other game...
  79. Sep 22, 2014
    This third-person shooter is even worse than the Defense of the Ancients map on Warcraft III, and I never liked D.O.T.A. at all. This is an awful game played by many pretentious dirtbags.
  80. Sep 21, 2014
    I've played this game for over a year with 750 hours+ involved. It is a massive waste of time, each match is usually 45-1 hour or so. You cannot leave while playing the game or it will result in severe punishment. This is a great game for no lifers but to those who have a life not recommended.

The community in this game is Extremely Toxic, the most toxic i've ever seen, if you picked a wrong champion or if you don't do well (Keep getting killed by enemy team) your team will Insult, whine, flame and complain. In worse scenario you may even end up getting banned due to you being a bad player and all. it is very hard to tolerate the amount of toxicity there is within the community, soon one day you will also become one of them.

This game is good for 5 friends who are good/ active and wants to play together. However if you are playing Alone definitely not recommended or you will suffer like hell.
  81. Sep 20, 2014
    One thing I like about the League, is that it has a clear, fluid gameplay, unlike some of the other MOBA I've tried. It's nothing special, but good enough to kill some time.
  82. Sep 19, 2014
    I will say that I was very unfair with this game when I first reviewed: I didn't exactly play a lot and I admit that it had some fun factor into it: me being a dota 2 player I didn't expect much, but I've been playing it lately and I've been enjoying it too.

So what I'll say is, the game is good and fun, and the fact that it's not as hard as dota 2 make is even more enjoyable sometimes: losing a game of dota 2 usually means lots of swearings, while here it's much more toned down and even when it happens, I just feel more relaxed here than in dota 2, with constant complaining.

But I still have the same issues as the last time:

1)The Champions/Heroes Design: I've checked all the characters available and, aside for a very VERY few, all of them are really bland and just flatout "uninteresting". Personal opinions aside, most of the characters jus tlook similar and/or just uninspired, even when they had the chance to be unique! For instance, Garen's the most generic kind of "paladin" you could see, Jinx is a copy of Cammy (no kidding, her hair is the same, and the face is almost identical) and Akali is the most generic sexy ninja you'll ever see.

Oh right, the game has a lot of fanservice: almost every female in the game is made to keep the guys "interested" in the game, to the point of making them completely boring: giant boobs, revealing outfits, sexy moanings when they die, sexy skins. Really? Well I guess people do love seeing a sexy character once in a while, but AT LEAST make them interesting!

If I have to pick some favourites, Twitch, Yasuo, Hecarim, Nasus, Shaco, Leona and MAYBE Lucian remain my most favourite looking heroes (I repeat, LOOKING, not skill wise) of all. They at least look different enough than most...

Oh, Soraka is a Draenei. That's all folks!

2) IT'S TOO EASY! I've played mostly two to four champions so far, but I really didn't feel any challenge at all while playing them: what was challenging was to get a group that wouldn't constantly die and feed the enemies. I play as Sona most of the times and even if we are able to push our lane, one or two people are dying so many times and feeding the enemies, resulting in a loss.
    I just don't feel challenged in the end: it's a matter of who kills more at the start. And if your enemies are fed, you can basically kiss your match goodbye, because even an entire team can't stop him/her!

As a result, the hard part is to find a good team more than actually learning the champions themselves (which is also needed too, I'm not saying the opposite). However, considering this is an online game, bad people can constantly join in, and for bad people I mean people who think of themselves of being supreme beings above humans who think that they're the best.

While in the end me, the support, has the most kills...

In the end, It's a decent game and nice if you want a relaxing game.

But I still think Dota 2 is better in terms of challenge and skill.
  83. Sep 16, 2014
    Not a bad game, but it doesn't mean that is a really good game.
    This is a MOBA arcade fire-like, unfair system and expensive stuff (you can buy with points of the game but the game obey you play more and more to get that points, you can also get points with real money), has a cartooned kids style and the people love this game beacause is fun, but not for me.
  84. Sep 15, 2014
    I've been playing for a couple years and this game has been going downhill.

Server spikes/lags/downage pretty often. Freemium model still in play. A lot of people have spent more money on this game. Graphics pretty bad. Your still playing in the swamp. If you make a new account and play with a friend you will be r**** constantly. Without having full masteries, runes, and good
    I've been playing for a couple years and this game has been going downhill.

If you make a new account and play with a friend you will be r**** constantly. Without having full masteries, runes, and good selection of champs you can't really win your game. Toxic community also. Duh.

It was a star game but now Heroes of the Storm is going to take it out.
  85. Sep 9, 2014
    League of Legends has been the most popular MOBA game for the past four or five years. I don't really need to praise it.
    It does have some issues. The main one being that new players don't have access to a large champion pool or runes that veterans might have.
  86. Sep 9, 2014
    The most popular MOBA of all time, hell, most popular game of all time. Does it live up to its name? You bet it does.

LoL does a lot of things right, and several things wrong. Firstly, it's popular and has a lot of content, and on top of that, it's free to play. It is accessible and has a reasonable business model which encourages a lot of gameplay for the player. The game now

The game now features over 115 heroes that can be customized with mastery "talent" trees and "runes" which let you empower your hero in different ways.

The complexity of the game is just perfect for both casual and competitive players, although most HoN and DOTA players would disagree and bash the game for being "too casual". But in my opinion, Riot really did remove the features that seemed to hinder the fun aspect of MOBA games (eg. denying your creeps).

The game also features unique hero and environment designs, accompanied by great user interface.

The learning curve is still there, and the lack of a good tutorial and explanation of basic gameplay concepts. Also the client that the pre-game lobby runs on is old and buggy, and can really get on the nerves of some people.

I quit LoL a year ago as I have over 1500 hours clocked on it, and it got quite boring and repetitve, and it didn't help that Riot is scared of any major balance changes, and if they do them, they nerf instead of buffing, which gradually makes the game sillier and more boring to play in my opinion.

In my opinion, LoL is the best "all-round" MOBA experience, featuring complex gameplay and strategies without flooding the player with mechanics that hinder the core fun MOBA experience. The lack of tutorial and good lobby client is definitely a con until it's fixed.
  87. Sep 9, 2014
    Let's be honest, part of the hate against the game seems to be backed by the fact that many do not know how to build their champions and misunderstand the basic dynamics of the game expecting a non MOBA experience. Hence the distaste towards the game. Its a decent at best good experience.
  88. Sep 9, 2014
    I started playing League Of Legends during the season 1, and I'm quite happy to see how did this game changed.

To give you some numeric datas, there are more than 7,5millions players playing simultaneously in 2014, which is really higher than in 2013 (5millions), and it's the same for 2012 (3millions). Those datas can clearly show that the total of active League of Legends players has

Those datas can clearly show that the total of active League of Legends players has increased a lot in less than 2 years, which means that there're more kids, but also more serious players. So that's normal if you don't find the mates of your dreams every game today.

Furthermore, League of Legends is a VIDEO GAME, it's useless to take it too seriously, you're not going to enjoy your time passed playing, so you still can change your mind. (I'm talking for the majority of the people criticizing the game without getting their own opinion).

About the content of the game, I won't criticize the price of skins, champions, runes, etc. Riot is a lucrative company. They're free to take the decision they want.
    If you are a normal player, you're going to take several months, maybe years to understand how League of Legends works. The classic MetaGame changes every year, the "Op Champions" change almost every month too. It's almost impossible to get a perfect equality between every champions, Riot is working on it. Indeed, almost every week, patches are realised to correct this gap.

The maps we're playing in are re worked (principally the Summoner's Rift at the moment), the visual effects are not bad at all for a moba.

I guess you understood my opinion. Even if the community of League of Legends is a vicious circle ("You're a typical league of legends player, you don't respect the current meta in normal game, your champion is useless, report you"), I'm sure that people will be able one day to think by themselves and that they'll realize that they play to a VIDEO GAME.

To resume myself :
    - I'm sure ththe community will grow up
    -A lot of content in game, a bit repetitive, but the community finds some ways to do different gameplay (Teemo Ball, Ultimate Bravery, etc...).
    - A large pool of champions you can play, which offers an strategic aspect to the game.
    - Connexion issues for many people (maybe hard to host more and more people everyday).

That's all for my critic, I probably forgot to mention many details, it's not that easy to clearly explain yourself in English when you're French haha.

So, have fun everyone

NunuDivertis / Capitaine Lama
  89. Sep 6, 2014
    Although this game has relatively strong game play and a competitive ladder, the infrastructure of their servers and community could not be worse.

For example, I recently played a game where 2 out of 5 players disconnected because riot was "experiencing latency issues". Instead of a loss prevented, we lost full point for a defeat. After trying to re-queue, I received the error message that ranked was disabled due to latency issues.
  90. Sep 4, 2014
    I may sound like a fanboy, but all the haters have no idea what they are saying.

"Fix EUW! Fix EUW! Fix EUW!" Shut up. The servers are down like 3 times a year, for maybe an hour. atleast for me. "The Game lags too much! Riot cant fix their servers! It's not lagging for me. You probably just play on a Toaster. "This is a P2W!" How? No champion gives you an advantage to the

"Fix EUW! Fix EUW! Fix EUW!"

"The Game lags too much! Riot cant fix their servers!
    It's not lagging for me. You probably just play on a Toaster.

"This is a P2W!"
    How? No champion gives you an advantage to the other Players. No champion is stronger than any other. It's how you play them. It's not a P2W, you're just bad.

"The Community is Horrible!"
    I agree with this point. Yes the community IS horrible, but, tell me ONE online game with a nice community. Thats right. There is no online game with a nice community.

Of course, League is not Perfect, there are Points of it that I hate. But if you hate LoL, don't bring up wrong **** Just shut up and play a different MOBA.
  91. Aug 28, 2014
    I have to say that the users who gave this game a bad review don't know what they're talking about. This game is a highly competitive one and requires putting time and effort into learning it. It demands more than a casual approach if you want to fully enjoy the game. League of Legends doesn't have a competitive scene with year round tournaments sponsored by big companies with attendanceI have to say that the users who gave this game a bad review don't know what they're talking about. This game is a highly competitive one and requires putting time and effort into learning it. It demands more than a casual approach if you want to fully enjoy the game. League of Legends doesn't have a competitive scene with year round tournaments sponsored by big companies with attendance in the thousands in each event for nothing, and it doesn't get its praise from what the users describe as "bad graphics" or "that one guy on your team who thinks he's better than everyone". Part of the challenge is prevailing despite this one team mate, often not limited to just ONE team mate.
    Not everyone is built for this game, as it requires many countless hours to learn and an even greater number of hours still to master. I highly recommend this game for people who are looking for a challenge and don't back down at the first sign of intimidation and frustration.
  92. Aug 19, 2014
    I can't understand people complaining about the game. It's now pay2win, I could buy you all the champions and you would never win a single game. Everything is strategic as hell, you need to practice a lot and learn the mechanics in order to take advantages of the champions and combos. Game-play is great, and graphics are enough. It's extremely addictive, I can't stop playing even when II can't understand people complaining about the game. It's now pay2win, I could buy you all the champions and you would never win a single game. Everything is strategic as hell, you need to practice a lot and learn the mechanics in order to take advantages of the champions and combos. Game-play is great, and graphics are enough. It's extremely addictive, I can't stop playing even when I lose. People saying it's repetitive, please just stop watching football and basketball, always the same map. Expand
  93. Aug 15, 2014
    This game only deserves a 1 because it is functional. Aside from that not much can be said for any other aspect of this game. Firstly the game is not even cohesive with its menu system, you must trudge through 3 windows just to get to play the game itself. Games can be found quickly but for some reason people take 5 minutes to connect. Then you can pick from a selection of a few freeThis game only deserves a 1 because it is functional. Aside from that not much can be said for any other aspect of this game. Firstly the game is not even cohesive with its menu system, you must trudge through 3 windows just to get to play the game itself. Games can be found quickly but for some reason people take 5 minutes to connect. Then you can pick from a selection of a few free champions for scrubs while the people who pay prance around with their best champions wiping the floor with people struggling to learn new champions before they are rerolled. This game reeks of pay to win with runes and masteries that give paid players advantages over those who don't cough up any cash. The graphics are awful and belong in the 90s as we'll as the community who are mostly **** Expand
  94. Aug 14, 2014
    Probably one of the hardest games for a new player to get into. The levelling system (before you can play ranked games) is very slow and uneventful and new players will often have trouble as they get matched with smurfs/alts (players who already have an account and are levelling a new one) as the skill gap can be huge.

Once in the ranked ladder, most players continue playing to climb

Once in the ranked ladder, most players continue playing to climb higher and although the game is relatively simple and repetitive, there is a significant amount of depth in the skills that are needed to get to the highest rankings. The large skill depth somewhat makes up for the fact that the game is superficially simple.

Sadly, the community is generally quite toxic in game, although there are a lot of groups of players who are helpful in providing advice for in game and are generally enjoyable people to be around.
  95. Aug 13, 2014
    League of Legends-Free to play MOBA. Hundred plus champions, fun playstyle. So what's the big deal about this game? It is addictive, and it is really fun. Riot is combating toxic players, not just with the tribunal, but with (I think) new ways of matchmaking and designing things that detect a toxic player. So what's the problem if Riot is improving their game? The problem lies inLeague of Legends-Free to play MOBA. Hundred plus champions, fun playstyle. So what's the big deal about this game? It is addictive, and it is really fun. Riot is combating toxic players, not just with the tribunal, but with (I think) new ways of matchmaking and designing things that detect a toxic player. So what's the problem if Riot is improving their game? The problem lies in the community and repetitive gameplay. I rarely play on my own, because I play with my cousins, mostly.

All in all, good game, but if you want more fun, play with friends or family (cousins, brothers).
  96. Aug 13, 2014
    Yeah, almost half the reviews are negative... This game is fun, but serious a POS.... If you're going to make a game, make it multi platform... I am so sick of it crashing on Mac it's ridiculous... OK so get a PC right? no, those things are almost as bad as the game... I have to reconnect almost EVERY SINGLE GAME! And that's ridiculous! it's not rocket science, half the US uses Macintosh,Yeah, almost half the reviews are negative... This game is fun, but serious a POS.... If you're going to make a game, make it multi platform... I am so sick of it crashing on Mac it's ridiculous... OK so get a PC right? no, those things are almost as bad as the game... I have to reconnect almost EVERY SINGLE GAME! And that's ridiculous! it's not rocket science, half the US uses Macintosh, make it work.... don't act like this is all me, it sucks onPC as well.... Expand
  97. Aug 12, 2014
    I've played LOL almost 1 year. Beside the game experience this is an online game which you play it other people and you can be sure, you will meet the most annoying people in your life in this game. Just terrible community. I reported million times and they did nothing!! Plus you should put too much money to get all the champions and it still call itself FREE TO PLAY game. While there isI've played LOL almost 1 year. Beside the game experience this is an online game which you play it other people and you can be sure, you will meet the most annoying people in your life in this game. Just terrible community. I reported million times and they did nothing!! Plus you should put too much money to get all the champions and it still call itself FREE TO PLAY game. While there is DOTA2 or some other nice moba games, don't waste too much time on this game. Expand
  98. Aug 11, 2014
    Constantly being developed, balanced and are very dedicated to their community, this game is not for those who are rubbish, it takes lots of time to adjust to. REMEMBER DO NOT RATE THE GAME BASED ON IT'S HORRIBLE TOXIC COMMUNITY IN LOWER LEVELS, THAT IS NOT LEAGUES FAULT!
  99. Aug 6, 2014
    Good -
    Polished combat and mostly balanced champions.
    Not a pay-to-win, but houses one of the best online markets I've ever seen for a free game It's free Bad - Terrible matchmaking discourages newbies from getting into LoL, due to Riot's inability to control smurfing. One of the most toxic player-to-player environments in-gaming. Trolls will thrive here. Lax punishments for
    Good -
    Polished combat and mostly balanced champions.
    It's free

Bad -
    Lax punishments for leavers, feeders, and trolls. Riot adds a 'file a complaint' system that ends up being pushed under the rug. I know this because I still will go through 3 games in a row where one player is doing poorly and rage-quits = the entire game is ruined and then to top it all off, teams are unable to surrender until 20 minutes in, meaning if it's 1v5, too **** bad.

Example from my last game - 3 of our teammates leave, making it impossible to cover all lanes. We win the match though because somehow the entire opposing team had pings over 600 so they couldnt control their champtions. I wasn't sure whether to be mad or rejoice.
  100. Aug 3, 2014
    Game itself is an okey introduction to dota gender, but that's about it.

Game itself is an okey introduction to dota gender, but that's about it.

Game is NOT competitive, just because how "pay to win'nish" it is. You can't have a competitive game if you need like 6000$ to access all the pretty things. You can't have a competitive game if the creator cycles the "free" part every week, leaving players who don't want to donate hundrets of dollars unable to compete in fair conditions. Each player is literally forced to pay each month just to keep what he or she had last week. Another very simple trick: release a new champion, just like one of the old ones, but with much better stats.

It doesn't have the deepness of dota, there are no "special" mechanics, player doesn't make as many meaningful decisions as he or she does in dota. This is, probably, a good thing, there're not so many gamechanging things happening overall. You can't fail hard, you can't win big - some people will like this, but I don't.

Visual aspect is, probably, individual, but if you're not an anime/cartoon lover you'll probably like dota2's graphics more. Just google up some screenshots and compare. Movies are insanely good - they probably costed more than the whole game itself, quality level is totally not the same.

I love the genre - don't get me wrong, any game in that genre already has to get a solid mark from me. But the issue with that one in particular is about the people running it. You'll never find anyone that greedy in gamedev at all. Not even Bliz who asks like 100$ for each expansion. Not even EA, or any other "pay 2 win" / "same old **** for 50$". People in the lead of riot did certain actions to destroy a few of the existing communities - some people are simply dangerous if they get the money - so please do NOT pay. Not to mention how well they "synthesize" numbers - pretty sure that is one of the main focus for them - to generate a ****load of "virtual" players/viewers.

1. Aug 5, 2013
    I find that with League of Legends, Riot has cultivated one of the most unique spaces in gaming history—mostly for good reasons but also for some awful ones, and in the gaming museum of the future, League is sure to have its own wing.
  2. Nov 15, 2011
    League of Legends handles well the worst problem DOTA has: its autistic n00b-hating elite players. Thanks to match making, now we weaklings dare to play. [Nov 2011]
  3. Feb 1, 2011
    Improvements are constantly being updated and although team mates make or break many matches, there is genuine fun to be found.