8.4

1. Jul 5, 2013
    This game is great!It doesn't really have a story,mostly just short campaigns.The gameplay is great,the levels are interesting and is a great multiplayer game to play with friends!
  2. Jan 4, 2014
    Another good Valve game! L4D2 is a good game that combines teamwork and survival. Fighting against zombies is always fun, and with a friend it is even better!
    There's a lot of gamemodes to choose from, there's also many weapons and even though that the gameplay might feel a little repetitive, it is still fun. The game is incredibly detailed and the AI works very well.
  3. AWG
    Jun 17, 2013
    This game is almost perfect. Maps are really well-done and compelling, missions are fair and graphics are well defined. I don't like new characters very much (Nick is the only good one, and I'd pay to watch him fight alongside Zoey, Francis and Bill) but the fact that Left 4 Dead 2 includes all the campaigns and levels from the first game makes it just awesome. I really can't find a flaw.This game is almost perfect. Maps are really well-done and compelling, missions are fair and graphics are well defined. I don't like new characters very much (Nick is the only good one, and I'd pay to watch him fight alongside Zoey, Francis and Bill) but the fact that Left 4 Dead 2 includes all the campaigns and levels from the first game makes it just awesome. I really can't find a flaw. 9 out of 10. Expand
  4. Jun 24, 2013
    It is a perfect game for just to have fun. With it's almost no storyline and only a lot of guns, against a lot of zombies with 4 of your friends makes this game a must play.
  5. Jul 11, 2013
    j'aime beaucoup ce jeu le contenu est plus variées ont y retrouve les épisodes de son opus précédent la qualité graphique est tous aussi mieux un bon jeu auquel les fans de zombies ne risqueront pas de se lassés
  6. Jul 12, 2013
    In all fairness, the game is almost 4 years old at the time of this review and things like the graphics are somewhat forgivable, however even the for the period, they are a little light. The AI is tremendously stupid and the UI is nonexistent. I was really hoping for something more than a simple and random shooter, spraying away at zombie body parts. At first the spray and pray isIn all fairness, the game is almost 4 years old at the time of this review and things like the graphics are somewhat forgivable, however even the for the period, they are a little light. The AI is tremendously stupid and the UI is nonexistent. I was really hoping for something more than a simple and random shooter, spraying away at zombie body parts. At first the spray and pray is entertain however quickly looses its luster. The other players can get extremely annoying, especially if they leave their mic open. The direction and mission focus of the game is completely mind boggling at first and you literally have no idea in the world as to where to go or the point of your actions. The storyline pretty much starts and stops with the introduction/advertisement cinematic. Expand
  7. Jul 30, 2013
    Before I start, I would just like to say this is not a bad game, however it is an incredibly overrated game. I have played this game extensively- especially with friends. Despite this it is not deserving of a 8 or even 7 out of 10.
    First off; all the zombies feel like cardboard, all weapons rip them to pieces with little or no effort, there is little difference from the first Left 4 dead, the physics doesn't quite feel right- as if the earth's gravitational field strength has decreased since the zombie outbreak. This game would never be good without friends, no seriously lone wolves barely touch the game.
    The main reason distinguishing this from a 5/10 is the fact that it has an extensive modding scene- the only thing that keeps the game going...
  8. Nov 28, 2013
    7.5/10.
    It's a fun game, not too special.
    Story isn't interesting, and the online is dull after just a few game sessions.
    Graphics are quite nice, the variety of zombies is quite fun, weaponry is nice as well.
    The game is mostly fun to play with a few friends.
    Not a special game, but it is kind of a defining point in zombie gaming.
  9. Dec 28, 2013
    I got this for free with the Steam christmas giveaway, but I didn't enjoy it at all for several reasons:

* Low violence version. They make a game about zombie slaughtering and then self-censor it for certain countries. Why? Not that violence is the only thing that matters in a game, but it's weird as hell when the things you shoot just disappear. * Weapons can't be zoomed. Shooting

* Weapons can't be zoomed. Shooting just doesn't feel right and surprisingly that's one of the most important aspects of a first person shooter.
    * No character advancement. You run through the levels and there are the same weapons everywhere. Killing Floor, where you can get better equipment the more zombies you kill, does it much better. You also can't customize your character's look.
    * Zombies are too fast. Even for fast zombies, these zombies are a little too fast.

Get Killing Floor instead, it's much better.
  10. Sep 28, 2014
    It's an amazing game, i don't know why people are hating this game.
    It's the best co-op zombie game to play with your friends.
    It's easily the money worth
  11. Jun 5, 2014
    One of the most fun games I ever had the enjoyment to play, released just a year or so after the prequel as well. After very extensive playing however (2000+ hours), the game starts to lose It's charm sharply thanks to lacking polish. The network can be VERY sketchy (especially If you try to melee pouncing hunters, etc) and most of the community these days are all premade ultra tryhardsOne of the most fun games I ever had the enjoyment to play, released just a year or so after the prequel as well. After very extensive playing however (2000+ hours), the game starts to lose It's charm sharply thanks to lacking polish. The network can be VERY sketchy (especially If you try to melee pouncing hunters, etc) and most of the community these days are all premade ultra tryhards searching for public lobbies to bully. Expand
  12. Jan 27, 2015
    Completely ordinary over hyped kid shooter it lacks form and function and hands you crayons this is a Kiddy game with blood wait that is censored in my region because it was seen by the censorship bureau and even those old farts clicked and thought well little kids will like it so no blood..........

worst buy
  13. Feb 7, 2015
    I thought it would be fun, and I even played it with a few friends for a time. I was wrong. So repetitive and boring, I can't believe how high the ratings are for this. Gameplay is TERRIBLE; I hate the shooting modes and how poorly the guns shoot. I also hate the graphics, so unfortunately I have to give it a 0.
  14. Aug 18, 2010
    Incredibly fun multi-player. Unfortunately, playing solo is not very fun. As for being the sequel to Left 4 Dead, it does not feel like valve changed much. It's nice to have more range on the weapons, and adding melee was a fantastic idea. If you've already played the original Left 4 Dead, I give it a 6. If you haven't, 10. Left 4 Dead 2 makes the original Left 4 Dead look like a beta,Incredibly fun multi-player. Unfortunately, playing solo is not very fun. As for being the sequel to Left 4 Dead, it does not feel like valve changed much. It's nice to have more range on the weapons, and adding melee was a fantastic idea. If you've already played the original Left 4 Dead, I give it a 6. If you haven't, 10. Left 4 Dead 2 makes the original Left 4 Dead look like a beta, unfortunately, with this feeling comes the feeling like Left 4 Dead 2 really could have used much more time to add more content. If you have already played Left 4 Dead then don't expect much difference, just a few new weapons for each class (Assault Rifle, Shotgun, Hunting Rifle) and melee weapons (the highlight of this sequel) and two new special infected, the jockey and spitter. If you are looking for a great online multi-player game and have not bought the original, then get this. It is an amazing game if you want multi-player. If you already have the original Left 4 Dead, I'd say buy something else, unless you really really really want an upgraded version of the first game. I, on the other hand, had an excuse to buy the second. I have the original for the 360. I finally got a computer more than capable of playing recent/new games so I got it for the PC, also I'm going to college and I don't want to bring my 360 along/it wouldn't fit.

TL;DR If you have played Left 4 Dead: 6
    If not: 10
    Overall: 9

Felt like less like a sequel and more like a big patch update to the original Left 4 Dead. An amazing game if you haven't. Also, don't expect much story, mostly just tons and tons of multi-player fun.
  15. Dec 2, 2010
    While this game can get boring, it's a near perfect example of a zombie apocalypse.
  16. Feb 4, 2011
    It has all the the perks of the original game and more, which includes lack of support from Valve. I still believe that they have done nothing to improve the re-playability factor, which sadly wore off faster on this iteration than the previous installment. Gone is the writing and enjoyable characters from the first game, the first of many frustrations the game has to offer. Now, before IIt has all the the perks of the original game and more, which includes lack of support from Valve. I still believe that they have done nothing to improve the re-playability factor, which sadly wore off faster on this iteration than the previous installment. Gone is the writing and enjoyable characters from the first game, the first of many frustrations the game has to offer. Now, before I go any further, let me say that I did have fun with this for about 3 months after I bought it. But, admittedly, I did and still do feel like I payed for an expansion pack to the original game, not a sequel. The problem lies within Valve's Left 4 Dead team, which have made a sadly forgettable entry into their own game series. Almost ironically, I've gone back to playing the first one finding little things that make it just that much more enjoyable than the second. Such as difficulty that isn't just increasing the amount of damage enemies do to you, the gun models looking leagues ahead of what they look like in L4D2, Versus mode that feels partially balanced, and last of all, good maps. I can't stress how idiotic of a decision it was to make the setting in daylight, not only does it break the atmosphere, it also can make for some confusing map designs, which there are plenty of in this game. I have been let down twice now by a game valve has failed to finish. Expand
  17. Jan 29, 2011
    If you're into hectic precision-gore-fests, then this game's Realism Expert mode is for you. Other modes are pretty much jokes for the kids, as they provide all sorts of visual aid. The fluency, reflexes, teamwork and some planning is what makes this game shine. The level designs, special infected and overall tone should have been darker, though, but it's still fun to obliterate suchIf you're into hectic precision-gore-fests, then this game's Realism Expert mode is for you. Other modes are pretty much jokes for the kids, as they provide all sorts of visual aid. The fluency, reflexes, teamwork and some planning is what makes this game shine. The level designs, special infected and overall tone should have been darker, though, but it's still fun to obliterate such amounts of meat. Having said that, they should make the fleshy gore more realistic. Sometimes zombies keep running even if the crucial posture-muscles seem to have been destroyed and they should be falling over. Some more variety in the zombies is necessary. Variety in how they transport, too. Why they never crawl? And other issues, as it badly needs a darker tone. The fluency of movements sometimes doesn't make sense when the zombies don't seem to have any inertia (why?) and they seem to be stopping you by touch (is that even possible?). So these are the main gripes. Expand
  18. Dec 23, 2014
    Great multi-player co-op game that still has a ton of replay value, five years later. Where it really shines is in Versus mode, where teams play against each other, taking turns playing as the Special Infected.

Before playing Versus mode, however, make sure you have played through Campaign mode completely at least once.
  19. Oct 11, 2010
    This is more of an extended update to the original, if you really loved the first there are very few excuses for you not to get this one. Steam offers this game at a discount multiple times a year, definitely should watch for that if you still don't own it.
  20. Nov 28, 2010
    It doesn't bring all that much over the original, but it's still one of the best games of recent years (though most recent games have been utter trash).
  21. Oct 28, 2010
    I was a very big fan of L4D, and was excited for L4D2 to come out. It kinda sucks that they released it only a year after the original, but it has enough content to make it worth it. The new stuff keeps things pretty interesting. With the price now hovering around $19.99 (its on a Halloween sale for $9.99) its a great buy!
  22. Mar 13, 2011
    This game is fantastic. One of my top five of all time... co-op is fun and engaging if you get a good team together, and the mod community is top notch.
  23. Dec 11, 2010
    Valve may have released the sequel too soon, but their promise is still kept, they continue to support both versions of the game, Left 4 Dead 2 carries the same feeling Left 4 Dead 1 brought but with a twist, new weapons, items, maps, and zombies to come across. some engine enhancements. All I'm going to say is, this is worth it! you will have some good times playing with friends, and theValve may have released the sequel too soon, but their promise is still kept, they continue to support both versions of the game, Left 4 Dead 2 carries the same feeling Left 4 Dead 1 brought but with a twist, new weapons, items, maps, and zombies to come across. some engine enhancements. All I'm going to say is, this is worth it! you will have some good times playing with friends, and the new AI Director 2.0 just seals the deal. Expand
  24. Dec 4, 2010
    With new campaign, new levels, and new weapons, Left 4 Dead 2 is as good as its previous version. Although I did not like the new backgrounds and graphics. They were just horrible. But the game still gives me the creeps.
  25. Nov 30, 2010
    People say that this is a poor attempt at sequel but I have to disagree. Its done very nicely and the online mode runs very smoothly. The AI is very intelligent and honestly smarter than most players online. The difficulty levels are true to there name and are actually hard.
  26. Ed1
    Dec 12, 2010
    Its clear that the developers really paid attention to this game. The game play is perfect and the graphics are very good. The additions of weapon types, extra special infected and melee weapons makes this a fine sequel to part 1.
  27. Apr 27, 2013
    Left 4 Dead 2 is as good as a sequel can get. It advances every aspect of its prequel. The combat is smoother, the AI is better and each new campaign finale delivers incredibly chaotic and fun gameplay. Left 4 Dead 2 introduces new special infected, such as the “Spitter”, which offers new challenging gameplay moments. The regular infected zombies have better animations and the specialLeft 4 Dead 2 is as good as a sequel can get. It advances every aspect of its prequel. The combat is smoother, the AI is better and each new campaign finale delivers incredibly chaotic and fun gameplay. Left 4 Dead 2 introduces new special infected, such as the “Spitter”, which offers new challenging gameplay moments. The regular infected zombies have better animations and the special infected from the prequel are modified with different appearances and behaviors. There's many new cool weapons introduced in Left 4 Dead 2, including grenade launchers and melee weapons. If you liked the first one, then this is a no-brainer. Expand
  28. Dec 19, 2010
    Milujete zombie? Radi je strilite a sekate na kousky? Chcete to delat spolecne s Vasimi prateli? Potom je to jasna koupe. Pokud nemate moznost sitového hrani je zde i singleplayer, ktery Vam ale nenabidne takove zazitky, protoze vasi partaci jsou rizení umelou inteligenci, ktera je sice na dobre urovni, ale zivy hrac je zivy hrac.
  29. Dec 30, 2010
    Great game and I think this game is better then the first one, I love new infected as well as new weapons and new survivors! I would suggest this to anyone looking to have a fun and easy time playing a game!
  30. Jan 10, 2011
    l4d2 brings melee weapons and other guns to an instant classic. This has to be the best zombie game ever made for PC to date. The zombies move fast, run around corners, and climb over and under things to get to you. You play one of four survivors who are immune to the infection. With L4D2 more attention is given to the storyline, which is cool, but I really would like to see a goodl4d2 brings melee weapons and other guns to an instant classic. This has to be the best zombie game ever made for PC to date. The zombies move fast, run around corners, and climb over and under things to get to you. You play one of four survivors who are immune to the infection. With L4D2 more attention is given to the storyline, which is cool, but I really would like to see a good zombie game with a nice single-player mode that tells a good story. Single player mode is almost non-existent in this game. L4D2 is meant to be played online. You can play with 3 bots, sure, but the fun really isn't there until you go online. Starting off, you should play a campaign on normal with 3 other human players in coop mode to get the idea of the game and how it is played (Normal because easy is just way too easy). After playing through all campaigns, you might think that the game isn't worth replaying, but you would be very wrong. First up is versus mode. where you and 3 other friends play against 4 others friend...er, enemies and compete for the best score. Versus mode is probably the best part of this game and the most played game-mode. And if you get bored of versus, load up a campaign in advanced mode and then expert and you'll have a real challenge on your hands (play it online not in single player). Valve also added a realism mode that is even harder, so the game can be replayed quite a bit. In fact, it is one of the most played games I have. Where it also shines are the crescendo events, in which you'll find yourself running through an area with wave after wave of zombie hoards coming at you while you attempt to reach a switch or get to safety. Probably the funnest finale is the bridge crossing at the end of the last campaign where you must run to a helicopter while zombies are trying to take you down. Valve has been putting out DLC that is FREE for this game, and they keep updating the game almost weekly with 'mutations' (mods), updates, and tweaks, and there are plenty of custom maps to download and try out, and Valve has been featuring some of the best ones in their blog. Even though the game uses an older graphics engine (Source 2), it is still a fun game to play and definitely worth having in your collection. However, if you are not a social person and just like to play single-player, story driven games then this game is not for you. It is only worth playing on a PC connected to the internet, as the single-player mode is a waste and I'm not even sure why they bothered making one. I really wish that Valve would make another version of this, but this time give us a single-player mode that tells a story and is worth being in the game. But as much as I play this game, you'd think I'd give it a 10, but I can't because of these reasons: 1. It uses a dated graphics engine. 2. This is just l4d1 the way they wanted it to be but didn't have the budget for it. 3. No in-game download and install of custom maps/content. Consequently, there isn't a lot of people playing custom maps. 4. Single player mode sucks. It may as well not even be there. Yeah, we get it that multilayer games are all the craze, but many of us out here still like a good story-driven single-player mode. The lack of such a mode gives me the impression that Valve was just in it for the money, and didn't really expect the game to make as much as it did. It is still in the top sellers list on Steam. Expand
  31. Mar 26, 2012
    Very addicting game, maybe the best co-op game i've ever played. It comes with the campaigns of the original Left 4 Dead so you don't have to buy the first game plus it comes with a bunch of new ones. Definitely recommend this to anyone.
    Ps: Playing as the Spitter in versus and scavenge is the best :)
  32. Feb 8, 2011
    When you can make a game from a idea thats been beaten to death and do it succesfully you know your good.
    This game is a blast to play and the steam achievments add that much more to it.
    The graphics are top notch so i dunno wth JayF is talking about. I'm running an old GTX295 and it looks awesome cranked up so maybe his card needs replaced not this game. Now on top of all the goodness
    The graphics are top notch so i dunno wth JayF is talking about.
    Now on top of all the goodness add the add on campaigns free from lfd2maps.com and you get more for your dollar than you can shake a dismembered limb at.
  33. Feb 16, 2011
    This is one of those games that can eat 800+ hours of your life away and keep you coming back for more. For that one fact alone I give it a 10. My money was well spent. There are many modes to keep it fresh and enjoyable. Cooperation within a team is a must. The replay factor and fun factor are simply through the roof. L4D and L4D2 are both worth the investment.
  34. Mar 13, 2011
    after reeding a lot of reviews on the game left for dead 2 i would agree with some of the criticism posted up but on the defense despite the lack of gaming quality and key things what could be improved it is still a good game. as the turn " you pay for what you get " i payed £20 - 30 as a package deal for my game so did not expect any thrill's like playing a high end full onafter reeding a lot of reviews on the game left for dead 2 i would agree with some of the criticism posted up but on the defense despite the lack of gaming quality and key things what could be improved it is still a good game. as the turn " you pay for what you get " i payed £20 - 30 as a package deal for my game so did not expect any thrill's like playing a high end full on 3d graphics game what would have cost around £60+ ether tho it is a social game and you can have a lot of fun ether make some rilly good friends or just to blow of some steam after a hard day at work and you just want to kill some zombies all tho yes this game works for me and i have made a lot of friends so guys A+ for me Expand
  35. Mar 17, 2011
    An absolutely amazing game I enjoyed playing for many hours already and the constant Mutation changes and custom maps always add a new replay value to it. If you don't have it you should definitely get it, the 4 player Co-Op campaign is simply amazing (although there are a lot of e.g. 16 players co-op servers for extra fun) and survival too. I believe I will play it a lot soon cause of theAn absolutely amazing game I enjoyed playing for many hours already and the constant Mutation changes and custom maps always add a new replay value to it. If you don't have it you should definitely get it, the 4 player Co-Op campaign is simply amazing (although there are a lot of e.g. 16 players co-op servers for extra fun) and survival too. I believe I will play it a lot soon cause of the upcoming Cold Stream DLC including a new awesome map and the rest of the L4D1 campaign. Expand
  36. Mar 27, 2011
    Strategy and shooter in one phenomenal game! You can play it for 1000 hours and more, but never it will be boring! Nice maps, great weapons, awesome modes and cool infecteds! I could play it all the time :P
  37. Sep 5, 2011
    Years on and this is still one of the BEST co-op shooters available... ok the graphics are workmanlike, but Source is gettting way too long in the tooth to ever look top end...accept that sacrifice for everything else being super fast with tonnes of sharpened gameplay and high replay values thanks to it's huge modder community (on PC) supplying hundreds of free campaigns, how can you go wrong?
  38. Apr 22, 2014
    Left 4 Dead 2 has gotten a lot of flak for its similarity to the first game, but I think Valve made the right move in making it just how they did. Here's why:

REPLAY VALUE: - The first game was not very long, but it had replay value, the second game is essentially the first game with more levels, new levels, new characters, new dialogue, new weapons and enemies and mechanics, etc. The

REPLAY VALUE:
    - The first game was not very long, but it had replay value, the second game is essentially the first game with more levels, new levels, new characters, new dialogue, new weapons and enemies and mechanics, etc. The first game was a smashing success, so if the second was why would they change that much in the sequel?

NEW MECHANICS:
    - The guns, special devices, and melee weapons all have a very nice, "clean," feel to them. There's almost no "wind-up," so every swing, shot, and throw feels responsive. This is something many developers overlook when making games, and it's incredibly important to have the feel right.

NEW WEAPONS:
    - The arsenal from L4D was one of the more boring parts of the game. L4D2 has more than doubled the amount of weapons, whilst keeping the originals for old fans.

STEAM WORKSHOP:
    - Don't like the level selection? The skins are boring you? Then modify them with minimal effort by utilizing Steam Workshop, which is home to thousands of custom, user-made skins.

There really isn't much to complain about.
  39. Apr 24, 2011
    A good game, yes. But I can't really find myself playing it for more then a few hours, if not only a couple minutes. I quit half way through story modes when I play by myself, and really only play it with friends. With friends, or with people online, this game is really good. But like I said, playing by yourself wasn't as enjoyable as Left 4 Dead 1, because it's the same thing withA good game, yes. But I can't really find myself playing it for more then a few hours, if not only a couple minutes. I quit half way through story modes when I play by myself, and really only play it with friends. With friends, or with people online, this game is really good. But like I said, playing by yourself wasn't as enjoyable as Left 4 Dead 1, because it's the same thing with enhanced A.I (Maybe). But other than that, this is a pretty good game to play. The best on the PC I would say. It's a buy Expand
  40. Jul 3, 2011
    I enjoyed the mayhem and personalities of LFD2, but the simplistic shooting system and the somewhat short campaign leaves my money spent questionable. 30 bucks for this game isn't really worth the time or money unfortunately. Liked the game, just not worth it for the price.
  41. Sep 14, 2011
    New zombies, new maps and more weapons! YES! But, for some odd reason I find the game play different. I actually find the original more appealing. The graphics look better as in better looking versus more advanced graphics. The characters aren't that appealing either. It seems a bit rush and too soon. Left 4 Dead 1 just got off the ground when this was released! Shame... But the games still good.
  42. Mar 29, 2013
    When you experienced the first game, some of the atmosphere in the second game doesn't feel as strong. However, this game makes up for that with the new weapons, features, infected and characters. At first, I was very angry at Valve for suddenly working on this game while the first one was still unpolished, but my disposition changed when I finally played this game and experienced theWhen you experienced the first game, some of the atmosphere in the second game doesn't feel as strong. However, this game makes up for that with the new weapons, features, infected and characters. At first, I was very angry at Valve for suddenly working on this game while the first one was still unpolished, but my disposition changed when I finally played this game and experienced the updates along with it. It's good every once in a while, but gets repetitive sometimes even with the game altering "Director" thrown in. Versus Mode can be extremely fun when your team isn't stupid and the hit detection doesn't screw you over, but I find that more or less unbalanced and just stick with the normal co-op. Expand
  43. Aug 30, 2011
    Nothing has really changed since the first version. New characters and maps mixed with improved graphic and nothing else. It's not really L4D2, it's rather L4D1.5.
  44. Jun 30, 2011
    Left 4 Dead 2 was an exceptionally good game, in my opinion, from the moment I started playing it. It brought to mind the play of Dead Rising, where I could simply kill zombies as a sort of stress reliever. It never needed to have much of a purpose. Just as long as I could kill, move forward, and feel like I accomplished something I was happy. I really enjoy the level designs in the secondLeft 4 Dead 2 was an exceptionally good game, in my opinion, from the moment I started playing it. It brought to mind the play of Dead Rising, where I could simply kill zombies as a sort of stress reliever. It never needed to have much of a purpose. Just as long as I could kill, move forward, and feel like I accomplished something I was happy. I really enjoy the level designs in the second one. I find especially the Dark Carnival campaign to be extremely fun. The main difference between this game and those of other zombie shooters is that you cannot win this game alone. It is very hard to make it anywhere, especially on harder difficulties, without being a team. Versus mode only proves all the more that without effective teamwork, you cannot win the game. A single player being good is not enough to win the game. More importantly, a lot of times, you don't even have to be good to play, you just have to work together.

A lot of multiplayer video games have completely lost sight of teamwork. When I go to play Call of Duty, if there is a single good person on my team, I may win because of their skill. The next round, they win on someone else's team. It is too dependent on individual people. Left 4 Dead is rarely possible to move any farther when you want to play as a loner. The single player proves this even more with the terrible AI being of little assistance. It certainly feels like you are alone with them. (I still think it deserves a ten because especially friendly AI is rarely very skilled in video games anyway...)

Left 4 Dead 2, as a sequel, also provides some semblance of the creepy level design in the first one. A dank mall, with all the lights turned out, one of the levels virtually serving as a maze because all of the obvious directions are not the right ones. The Carnival, with clowns attracting massive hordes if they are not eliminated effectively. The swamp is a nightmare, especially in realism mode(which is AMAZING... It adds value to the melee weapons and makes you work much harder to remain a team) where you may be dragged away by a smoker and be impossible to find in the foliage. The sugar mill, with a forest of witches, and rain that blinds all view of the screen, is very well designed and very creepy. The Parish is the only campaign which stays well lit for the majority of the campaign but it is not without its challenges as well. The Impound lot, which leaves a massive amount of car alarms in front of you is especially dangerous when you have a person playing who has not memorized where the alarms are. Several of the events in the Parish force hordes of monstrous sizes on you.

This game is only as hard as you make it. You can change the settings to make it simplistic or make it very challenging. Realism mode only adds to the nightmare and makes everything a lot more interesting because you cannot see people through walls, glows around items are disabled, and worst of all, the witch will instantly kill you.

I feel as though a lot of the negative reviews on this game are written by people who rushed out to by this game when it was brand new, who weren't very good at the game, and who could not appreciate all the new things this game had to offer over the old Left 4 Dead. The melee weapons are life saving in Realism mode(which is why describing them as useless seems ineffective and incorrect to me), the guns are vastly improved from the original, and there are three entirely new infected creatures which are all extremely dangerous.(Spitters are great when well timed) The characters are much better developed, interesting, and surprisingly realistic. Especially for those gamers out there who cannot afford an expensive game when it first comes out and wait for the prices to be those of bargains, this game was an amazing buy. I have gotten well over a few hundred hours of gameplay for roughly 20 dollars. I would have paid the 50 dollars if I had it. This game was worth it. Especially with friends, the online is worth every second of playing and I recommend this game to anybody who does not yet have it.
  45. Jul 5, 2011
    Left 4 Dead (2) Series is just amazing i just loving killing me some zombies i dunno maybe because i'm a gun nut and have my own arsenal of weapons for such occasions and just want practice. Anyway This is a great Multiplayer Platform you can team up against zombies or become a special zombie on teams against each other.
  46. Jul 11, 2011
    This is a typical game to just get ur head clear and mindlessly kill all that walks, if ur a game addict its not to play 24/7 youll get mad but its a lovely way to just do something elsze with friends for a change,
    i love it!
  47. Jul 22, 2011
    As addictive as Heroin, without the illegality - Although I did prefer the old L4D, it was more original and better designed, and L4D2 is in essence L4D with a Gok-Wan style make-over. Also, Zoey is much more attractive than Rochelle, and less annoying too. But hey, it was fun and good, and to save me writing an L4D review read the first seven words of this review but keep the score the same.
  48. Jul 22, 2011
    I haven't played L4D1, so i don't have anything else to compare it to, (other than perhaps Killing Floor). I thought of giving it a 6, but then i guess it's still a *good quality* game, just that the gameplay didn't suck me in at all. I guess i'm not a fan of a thousand no-AI-whatsoever npc's running at me, it kind of makes each individual kill meaningless, and there is no river of bloodI haven't played L4D1, so i don't have anything else to compare it to, (other than perhaps Killing Floor). I thought of giving it a 6, but then i guess it's still a *good quality* game, just that the gameplay didn't suck me in at all. I guess i'm not a fan of a thousand no-AI-whatsoever npc's running at me, it kind of makes each individual kill meaningless, and there is no river of blood to make it at least visually bad-ass. And it's very linear too: after finishing a campaign once, i had no desire to replay it, having to go through exactly the same path again. I did like the vs. scavenge mode though, i think this one aspect of the whole game is what really stood out. Having to be the zombies who die faster than the waiting time between respawns, it was the first time i ever reaaallly had to strategize in an fps. To finalize, if i were to give this game a price, i'd say it's worth about $5-$10 (depending on who you are. To me it would have been worth $5, but definitely not $35, or however much i actually paid for it.) Expand
  49. Aug 9, 2011
    The great part about Valve is that they patch the game, add new content based on player's interests and no longer allow it to go stale. I have at least 600 hours into the game and have learned specific tactics for taking out the special infected while most people run aimlessly out to their death. It's a team-based game where if you stay together, the chances of survival are high. CoolThe great part about Valve is that they patch the game, add new content based on player's interests and no longer allow it to go stale. I have at least 600 hours into the game and have learned specific tactics for taking out the special infected while most people run aimlessly out to their death. It's a team-based game where if you stay together, the chances of survival are high. Cool binds to use such as taunt, yes, no, take the lead, stick that up your a$$, etc. make for some interesting jokes even if everyone is already on voice chat. What you're really doing is making a movie and if you're one of the 4 star actors you're able to take a break and watch. I love how the game seamlessly as well as instantly adds new players or replaces them with bots without some lengthy game re-load or re-sync making everyone wait. It was remarked that the grenade launcher sitting out in the open for anyone to grab and descimate the game solo was making the game too easy and allowing people to leave the rest 4 dead, so Valve moved them to more hidden areas so players had to search for the big guns. I hope it's evolution continues. Expand
  50. Nov 28, 2012
    Left 4 Dead 2 warms you up with a single player campaign and then has long multi-player replay value. The match-finding service could be improved for casual players. Anybody that doesn't play L4D2 enough to use the infected properly will often be kicked if they end up on a team of expert players.
  51. Sep 6, 2011
    Woah woah woah... time out. All these people complain about L4D2 being the same thing as L4D, but that simply isn't true! At its core, yes, L4D2 is the same but so is every game on the market. Halo is still a shooter, Command and Conquer is still a strategy game, Starcraft is still epic, Episode 3 still isn't released, and Left 4 Dead is still a co-op zombie survival game. Just becauseWoah woah woah... time out. All these people complain about L4D2 being the same thing as L4D, but that simply isn't true! At its core, yes, L4D2 is the same but so is every game on the market. Halo is still a shooter, Command and Conquer is still a strategy game, Starcraft is still epic, Episode 3 still isn't released, and Left 4 Dead is still a co-op zombie survival game. Just because Valve didn't go for L4D2: Cooking Mama as their sequel doesn't mean they're ripping us off. This game easily has enough new content to teach Infinity Ward and Treyarch a thing or two.

Valve obviously worked hard to make the original experience much more fun in every aspect and they definitely delivered. The only thing that I would have docked a point for is not having enough maps, but free DLC took care of that. Besides, I had to do something to even out all the people trying to say the game hadn't changed. I wouldn't be surprised if half of them don't even own the game.
  52. Sep 9, 2011
    Its a fun but repetitive game. But it hasn't aged well. Its starting to look rough around the edges. If you can fool yourself to thinking it looks good you probably can get several hundred of hours of addicted playing out of this, else it will feel more like a repetitive slog because the environments look very bland. This looks like a game that worried too much about hardware budgets ,Its a fun but repetitive game. But it hasn't aged well. Its starting to look rough around the edges. If you can fool yourself to thinking it looks good you probably can get several hundred of hours of addicted playing out of this, else it will feel more like a repetitive slog because the environments look very bland. This looks like a game that worried too much about hardware budgets , or was developed on a tight budget itself. Not much is textured properly and there is too many details missing from the scenes. For example, their idea of a store is a room with an empty shelve and a block looking cabinet with a register on it, and no other details you'd see in a store. The good side, being a MP game, its still alive currently and finding a game is not too hard. The game also appears to be still be supported regularly by the creator Valve with recently now the l4d campaigns being added into the game. Expand
  53. Dec 2, 2012
    Yes, it's a decent sequel with big amount of changes over it's predecessor, which can't be simply packed in a DLC. This game is about teamplay and replayability - i'm playing it with my friends with VoIP and i played more than 400 hours in total and not yet bore with. One of the best co-op, PvP and overall games in my life.
  54. Nov 2, 2011
    Awesome coop game, the value of the free dlcs and the game itself make it a masterpiece.
    **** to the ones saying that it's the same old **** if the game has changed the same guys would be the first saying "oh no, ****ty game, those dubass changed everything and now is totally different, why would they did that? Vote: 4, 0, 2". Buy it.
  55. Oct 8, 2011
    Wow, never played a funner co-op game, completely honest. Not only blowing off heads like in the first one, but it has added melee to whack heads off. It's not scary, just intense, and it's a game I don't think anyone will ever forget.
  56. Oct 15, 2011
    This is an awesome game due to the replay value. The "Director" changes the campaigns every time you play to spawn the horde, witches, and tanks in different locations every time (or no witches or tanks at all). The graphics are fantastic for anyone that has a 4 to 5 year old computer as of 2011; the FPS is superb (depending on your computers video card and RAM) and works flawlessly forThis is an awesome game due to the replay value. The "Director" changes the campaigns every time you play to spawn the horde, witches, and tanks in different locations every time (or no witches or tanks at all). The graphics are fantastic for anyone that has a 4 to 5 year old computer as of 2011; the FPS is superb (depending on your computers video card and RAM) and works flawlessly for me.
    The Vs Mode is awesome - sometimes you have a good team and sometimes you don't; sometimes you have people who stay when they are losing or some who leave (ragers) because they're losing. The "Director" does a great job making the Vs campaigns random.
    The Mutation mode offers some different styles of gameplay; while some are not great - others are exciting to play.
    Survival Mode: How long can you survive against the horde (need I say more?)
    If you want to up the difficulty, play Vs Realism which doesn't show the survivors outlines if you are a survivor (playing normal as survivors, you would see an outline of your team but not in Realism)
    Also - you can download custom maps and campaigns and all other sorts of things to customize the game (look at: http://www.l4dmaps.com/l4d2/ ).
    Full score and highly recommend.
  57. Apr 22, 2013
    The reason for rewarding Left 4 dead 2 a pure 10, is simple. There is no competitor out there to what this game delivers and what it delivers is great. Even 4 years after it came out, it is still the absolute most fun co-op game out there, with up to 4 people. Even greater is the versus mode, where 2 teams of 4 take turn playing the special effected. It's easy to get into, so great forThe reason for rewarding Left 4 dead 2 a pure 10, is simple. There is no competitor out there to what this game delivers and what it delivers is great. Even 4 years after it came out, it is still the absolute most fun co-op game out there, with up to 4 people. Even greater is the versus mode, where 2 teams of 4 take turn playing the special effected. It's easy to get into, so great for newcomers and hard to master. Expand
  58. Jun 26, 2012
    I'm not a pessimist, but when after buying Left 4 Dead 2 on Steam, I was a little unsure of how it would be. The first aspect that worried me was the change in overall theme from a grounded city setting to a more diverse, but campy deep south America. Once I bought it however, I can safely say that L4D2 is still as fun as ever. So what has changed you ask? Quite a lot has been changed: theI'm not a pessimist, but when after buying Left 4 Dead 2 on Steam, I was a little unsure of how it would be. The first aspect that worried me was the change in overall theme from a grounded city setting to a more diverse, but campy deep south America. Once I bought it however, I can safely say that L4D2 is still as fun as ever. So what has changed you ask? Quite a lot has been changed: the visuals and sound are improved; you can now use melee weapons; there are more guns; there's a better sense of progression and of course, more gore. This is probably the goriest game I have ever played; if it were a normal shooter about shooting soldiers instead of zombies then I might have felt a bit guilty. There is a problem I have with L4D2 though: teaming up with friends on-line and ploughing your way through hordes of slavering zombies may be entertaining, but it's also repetitive and quickly becomes quite tedious to play. The campy setting also seems to have taken away some of the emotional impact from the game. Overall, even though this is probably Valve's weakest game I've played, it still stands tall and proud over most of the junk which the game industry churns out and as a co-op experience, I thoroughly recommend it. Expand
  59. Nov 12, 2011
    great 7.1 surround sound support, Great stereoscopic 3D support, great multilayer experience. It isn't anything different than the first but it is still just as fun. need I say more?
  60. Nov 25, 2014
    Game: Left 4 Dead 2
    Genre: First Person Shooter Horror
    Developer: Valve System: PC Total Score: 91/100 Value Score: 91/10 • Story: 8/10 • Characters: 9/10 • GamePlay: 10/10 • Graphics: 8/10 • Sound: 10/10 • Music: 6/10 • Length: 10/10 • Replay Value: 10/10 • Player Value: 10/10 Pros +Storyline and characters are a bit more appealing than the first game +Includes Left 4
    Game: Left 4 Dead 2

• Music: 6/10
    • Length: 10/10
    • Replay Value: 10/10
    • Player Value: 10/10

Pros
    +Storyline and characters are a bit more appealing than the first game
    +Includes Left 4 Dead 1 characters and maps
    +New Special Infected
    +New Weapons
    +Designs of items changed and can be reverted back to original for both L4D1 and L4D2 maps.
    +Multiple modes include Survival, Versus, etc which add more value to the length and replay value
    +Multiple map, character and enemy skin designs available including the official Capcom Resident Evil 6 Enemy skins
    +Both private and public maps available - private maps enable you the option to do cheats and edit the overall game
    +A lot of available mods from a huge community

Cons
    -Does not include the cutscenes from L4D1
    -Does not include some of the glitches/aesthetics often used in the first game (only available in the GOTY edition of L4D1)
  61. Nov 30, 2011
    What is it, 2 years - 3 after the game came out, and people are still complaining about it? I was part of the little protest not to release l4d2 because it really was the same thing - but valve definitely keeps it updated, fresh and new. They also added new left 4 dead 1 maps into L4D2, so you've really got alot more maps to play on, there's tons of free updates and patches and really,What is it, 2 years - 3 after the game came out, and people are still complaining about it? I was part of the little protest not to release l4d2 because it really was the same thing - but valve definitely keeps it updated, fresh and new. They also added new left 4 dead 1 maps into L4D2, so you've really got alot more maps to play on, there's tons of free updates and patches and really, it's load of fun. 9/10 - the game is not perfect, but it is worth your money if you like zombie games. Expand
  62. Nov 29, 2011
    Left 4 dead 2 tries to expand on the original, and kinda does its job. While l4d2 is a good game, there are certain things keeping it from being a great game. Dynamic routes that were supposed to be in versus multiplayer were removed, dynamic weather was removed, when the game was released there was a crash to desktop issue, valve has not supported l4d2 with fixes for bugs, glitches andLeft 4 dead 2 tries to expand on the original, and kinda does its job. While l4d2 is a good game, there are certain things keeping it from being a great game. Dynamic routes that were supposed to be in versus multiplayer were removed, dynamic weather was removed, when the game was released there was a crash to desktop issue, valve has not supported l4d2 with fixes for bugs, glitches and exploits. 2 years after being released, some of the glitches that were in the game in day one are still there. Valve has also ignored the l4d2 community in our request on ways to improve l4d2. Some of the maps have too many health kits, and valve refuses to remove the kits. While l4d2 could have been a great game, the glitches take away from the overall experience. Expand
  63. Dec 13, 2011
    This game has more disappointments than improvements from Left4Dead. If you don't have either one, just buy Left4Dead instead. Only a few more Infected were added and a slightly better weapon selection enforced. Everything else; graphics, art, character selection, maps, and craving for zombie death got worse with this sequel. I still play L4d, but I can't find the interest to install L4d2 again.
  64. Dec 16, 2011
    This is the most bloody game from all games witch I played, it's also very funny, Valve is based on "team" games, like Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead(1) and Half-Life(with his broters: CS, CSS)... @VonCarlsson, you're right, but, you can also try survivor mode, wich is very funny sometimes, it doesn't worth 4 mark, no way, anyway, this just the begin, I think the CS: Global Offensive willThis is the most bloody game from all games witch I played, it's also very funny, Valve is based on "team" games, like Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead(1) and Half-Life(with his broters: CS, CSS)... @VonCarlsson, you're right, but, you can also try survivor mode, wich is very funny sometimes, it doesn't worth 4 mark, no way, anyway, this just the begin, I think the CS: Global Offensive will be disappointing for most of us... Expand
  65. Dec 21, 2011
    A fun game overall. Boring and dull when playing with bots, but great when playing with friends. Wouldn't mind if there were more campaigns or other content though, as the game is quite short. All the campaigns can be replayed alot however.
  66. Dec 21, 2011
    Best game ever! Played is now for more then 600 hours. Every minute is still very fun to play. If I have to mention one point that is not so good are the players online, 40% sucks ;-)
    Hoping for Left 4 Dead 3!
  67. Dec 27, 2011
    Didn't get to play it too much, graphic card was too bad to actually try it. From the few hours i did play it, it was pretty fun, i would recommend this game to others.
  68. Dec 29, 2011
    Left 4 Dead 2 is an improvement on it's predecessor in every possible way. Better overall play, added hand to hand variety, better performance, less bugs, hours of playing Co-op, Solo, Versus and of course, now a more versatile Battle "Special Zombie Players vs Survival Players" match. Totally worths it.
  69. Dec 31, 2011
    I signed up just to make a review on this. As an experienced player of the Left 4 Dead franchise, I have accumulated about 2000 hours on Left 4 Dead 2, and about 350 on Left 4 Dead. What I have to say about this game is related to it's gameplay, AI, and the community itself. To begin with, the gameplay is exactly the same as the original. There are new throwables, melee weapons, and theI signed up just to make a review on this. As an experienced player of the Left 4 Dead franchise, I have accumulated about 2000 hours on Left 4 Dead 2, and about 350 on Left 4 Dead. What I have to say about this game is related to it's gameplay, AI, and the community itself. To begin with, the gameplay is exactly the same as the original. There are new throwables, melee weapons, and the original pistols that turned out to be the only secondary in the original Left 4 Dead. As of today, there is no real point in purchasing the original Left 4 Dead, because everything in Left 4 Dead 2 contains whatever is in Left 4 Dead 1. Everything is smooth, clean, and the graphics are stunning(not that it should be a major factor). The AI is intended to be smart and not idiotic. People have way too high expectations for the AI. Of course at some times the AI will fail to meet your humane, on-the-double needs, but that doesn't mean you can't do it over again. I say this because people who give up because the AI is too "stupid" have no patience for a game, and quit way too easily. The AI, during other game modes, follow suit. They kill on sight, and will wind up getting attacked more often than not, but are definitely all valuable and should not be wasted. As for the infected AI, I'm sorry to hear that you're infuriated that there are no new skins. There is a new skin, and it's the improved version of the original. The infected have succumbed further to the infection than they did in the original. The infected are smart and are meant to be on par with the intelligence of your Survivor allies. The producer's intentions are to come at you with full assault with small breaks in between. Without it, it'd be boring. As for the community(and this is my favorite part), you must bring friends. And if you're lucky, you're be grouped with exceptional, advanced, weathered players. The attitude towards each other in games like Versus and Scavenge are aggressive, and full of smack talk. If you want to keep your cool, don't say anything at all. Smack talk is a strategy to knock your focus off-course. Everyone in this game groups up on unsuspecting players in order to "stomp" them, known as pubstompers.

TL;DR

The main purpose of this game is to be grouped up with complete strangers and thrown straight into the fire, where you must work together to weather the storm of zombies and special infected, all while reaching the end together, or by yourself. Whether it be real people or AI you're working with(or against), you're definitely going to be put to the test in a fast-paced game such as this.
  70. Jan 3, 2012
    As much as I miss the characters of the first one, and am loyal to the original's originality and simplicity, I must give the sequel a higher rating if only for the upkeep of free updates and constant addition to the already varied dynamic. While this one feels less like you're running for your life to a fate uncertain through the decaying ruins of the recent and progressing apocalypse,As much as I miss the characters of the first one, and am loyal to the original's originality and simplicity, I must give the sequel a higher rating if only for the upkeep of free updates and constant addition to the already varied dynamic. While this one feels less like you're running for your life to a fate uncertain through the decaying ruins of the recent and progressing apocalypse, it's got more dakka and gorn. Plus that much more story to go along with the grim path humanity took in late 2009. For more information, see my review of L4D and just throw in the fact that there are more guns, more special zombies, more game play modes, even more game modes, a crossover campaign with the original survivors that's explained in "The Sacrifice" web comic, the original campaigns (with all the second's goodies), and just more Valve. Game on, comrades. But I do suggest you buy the first as well, if just to ease into the second's complexity, while being able to see your legs. Expand
  71. Jan 29, 2012
    The amount of free updates you recieve on the PC is astounding. Valve quality stamp, coupled with the amount of user content available makes this game a total blast. One of the best co-op games around, if not the most replayable ;) . Go buy for 20$ on steam or in stores!
  72. Jan 8, 2012
    Left 4 dead 2 is a pretty epic game....... Its awesome game for xbox pc and mac i really love that game..............................................
  73. Jan 14, 2012
    All I can say, is that this game is a **** awesome sequel to Left 4 Dead, ticked all my boxes, nothing negative comes to mind. Awesome! The gameplay is awesome in multiplayer, had tones of fun, t
  74. Jan 17, 2012
    Contains well thought out plot for a zombie apocolypse. Is very faithful to the original game containing new units, superior graphics, and very oriented around game play with friends. 10/10
  75. Jan 25, 2012
    At first I was mad because there wasn't enough here that was new and warranting another game. This has since been fixed with updates but lacks the awesome of the first game because of ambiance and AI issues. Instead of the dark horror feel you get a sort of goofy beat zombies to death loony toons feel. The director has had all of its cool points removed for spamming hordes to the pointAt first I was mad because there wasn't enough here that was new and warranting another game. This has since been fixed with updates but lacks the awesome of the first game because of ambiance and AI issues. Instead of the dark horror feel you get a sort of goofy beat zombies to death loony toons feel. The director has had all of its cool points removed for spamming hordes to the point where in some instances you cannot move due to unending, poorly paced hordes. The zombies also got smarter and zig zag about like crack heads as they run, making it harder to aim but taking from the realism. The grey dingy look every zombie has makes them look too bland and you get tired of looking at them. I'd rather they expanded the first one into the horror direction more, but this game is still quite good. Expand
  76. Mar 3, 2012
    For fans of the traditional LAN party, rejoice, for now there is a game built from the ground up for co-op! Just make sure your friends sign a contract to say they'll continue to play this game for the next couple of years or so to get your money's worth! :)
  77. Mar 22, 2012
    Better than first Left 4 Dead but still there is many things bothering. Rage quits are biggest problem in multiplayer and many times game ends before first map is finished. Game also gets pretty hard when players get better. Infected can not let survivors go when someone is coming to rescue them and kill you and Jockeys should have similar skills with Hunter; Bounce damage and skill toBetter than first Left 4 Dead but still there is many things bothering. Rage quits are biggest problem in multiplayer and many times game ends before first map is finished. Game also gets pretty hard when players get better. Infected can not let survivors go when someone is coming to rescue them and kill you and Jockeys should have similar skills with Hunter; Bounce damage and skill to jump from wall to wall. How ever game was very entertaining for several months after it was released and DLC maps were "ok". There is also no sense to buy original Left 4 Dead because all maps are now available in this game. This was one of my favorite games but now I'm waiting something new from Valve. Expand
  78. Apr 6, 2012
    With 3 of your friends, co-op is an amazing way to spend few hours or an entire weekend. Hectic pace, great arenas, great bosses, requires ton of team play to come out of each section alive.
    By yourself, co-op portion is nearly not as fun and multiplayer... there are a lot of better choices out there.
  79. Mar 19, 2012
    This is a First Person Shooter COOP based game. There are several modes on this game, i have play more than 50 hours in online campaign and it is an excellent mode. In this mode, you and 3 other players will fight you way through several big locations in cities and forests and will be attacked by hordes and hordes of zombies (different kind of zombies). Several weapons are available,This is a First Person Shooter COOP based game. There are several modes on this game, i have play more than 50 hours in online campaign and it is an excellent mode. In this mode, you and 3 other players will fight you way through several big locations in cities and forests and will be attacked by hordes and hordes of zombies (different kind of zombies). Several weapons are available, like AK-47 and shotguns, bats and guitars for melee attacks are also important. One campaign can take you more than one hour and a half, and there are more than 10 in the game; also, tons of community content is available and the quality of some of these content is amazing. For achievement hunters, the Steam version have Steam achievements. Also, if are planing to get these game but you are not decided to get it on PC or Xbox, i have to said that the Xbox version is great, but if you have a PC then get the PC version is prettier, faster and with more detailed effects.

Thanks.
  80. Jul 31, 2012
    L4D2 makes the first L4D feel like a demo. The PC version boasts 5 new campaigns and all the L4D1 maps plus a brand new map called Cold Stream included for no extra price. The game looks beautiful and it includes a ton more stuff than the first. A must buy for zombie killing fanboys
  81. Nov 4, 2014
    This is litteraly just a (bad) reskin of the first game. There is so little new content, it could've easily been DLC for the first one. It only adds three new special infected, and weapons that should've been in the first game in the first place. The only noteable addition is the seven new campaigns. Anything that hasn't been added is just a reskin of the original game. They barely changedThis is litteraly just a (bad) reskin of the first game. There is so little new content, it could've easily been DLC for the first one. It only adds three new special infected, and weapons that should've been in the first game in the first place. The only noteable addition is the seven new campaigns. Anything that hasn't been added is just a reskin of the original game. They barely changed the mechanics of anything at all. Just a reskin.
    The AI is bad; survivor AI is often braindead, while you're being torn to pieces, they just stand there and watch. They steal items you need, and overall are just a nuisance. Special infected AI can be pretty bad, too, but they're alright I guess.
    The game loses the gloomy, dark atmosphere of the first one. While the first one really did feel like a gloomy zombie apocalypse, this looks/feels like a silly cartoon. And to top it all off, the graphics look worse than they did in the first one. I don't know why, but they were downgraded.
    I prefer the first game over this.
  82. Apr 22, 2012
    This game is a must if you love zombies, or if you played L4D, single player experience is very nice, and your team mates are always ready to help, multiplayer with a lof of people is just supreme, if you are a fan of L4D you can play the maps as they are being imported, play from VS to Co-op mode, lots of fan made mods from weapons to maps and skins, are you ready to fight for surviveThis game is a must if you love zombies, or if you played L4D, single player experience is very nice, and your team mates are always ready to help, multiplayer with a lof of people is just supreme, if you are a fan of L4D you can play the maps as they are being imported, play from VS to Co-op mode, lots of fan made mods from weapons to maps and skins, are you ready to fight for survive against the zombie plague that spread all around the country ?
    If yes get in and kill some zombies !
  83. May 4, 2012
    Three years from launch and this game is still fun to play on the multiplayer. I do hope that they come out with a Left 4 dead 3 and use some dx11 eyecandy as that would make my day.
  84. Jun 1, 2012
    Amazing game!! good graphics, insane game play, awesome characters and the Add-Ons is the best part , I cant figure out why people are giving this game such horrible ratings cuz this game is a BEAST!! This is a must have game for every PC gamer.
  85. Jul 13, 2012
    Positive: Graphics are good. Its fun to play with friends and its really team focused game. There are tons of custom maps on the Internet. Negative: Lack of steam workshop.
  86. Jul 25, 2012
    One of the best games that Valve made. It's better than the first one I can tell, more weapons, better graphics, more special infected and more modes. The no 1 game to have fun with your friends and kill zombies. The message that valve wants to deliver thought Left 4 dead 2 is use teamwork. There is nothing better than having a team by your side and survive a zombie apocalypse !
  87. Jul 28, 2012
    Absolute wonderful multiplayer and coop experience. If you dont know whats that game is about, google it or try it out, you wont be disappointed.
    The only thing that makes that game as enjoyable as eating a bile of **** is, that the average player you have to play with or against, is a retarded 12 year old, or a 40 year old virgin nerd, who is playing like he invented the aimbot.
    All

All in all, if you play that game with good ppl or ppl that you can call your friends, you will enjoy it nearly like no other coop game.
  88. Jul 30, 2012
    this is the best game that I've ever played. I don't know some one even can say it is nor excellent! unbelievable.this is the best game that I've ever played. I don't know some one even can say it is nor excellent! unbelievable.
  89. Jul 30, 2012
    Awesome game. I don't know why you would pay full price on this. It's a Valve game, it goes on sale A LOT! I got this as a 4 pack to share with some friends. it was 14.99 for all 4 copies. We played Dead Center the first time we played and had some Co-op fun. If you can find it on sale it's a great value especially with the new free Cold Stream DLC.
  90. Nov 25, 2012
    Ive put way too many hours into this game to give it anything less than a 10. As far as value goes for a game l4d2 has been the best game purchase Ive ever made. From a gameplay perspective, either have friends to play this with or make some because you dont want to go into this one alone which isnt to say you cant make friends in the game but a majority of the community can be prettyIve put way too many hours into this game to give it anything less than a 10. As far as value goes for a game l4d2 has been the best game purchase Ive ever made. From a gameplay perspective, either have friends to play this with or make some because you dont want to go into this one alone which isnt to say you cant make friends in the game but a majority of the community can be pretty bad. It gets a 10 because it did exactly waht it set out to do and that, create a terrific coop/competitive zombie survival game. Expand
  91. Aug 15, 2012
    Left 4 Dead 2 is a particularly worthwhile sequel for one with a few new innovations added to the series. Still, at least Valve DID add innovation to the game, like new guns, new zombies, new maps (well, duh), new items. Some people may think that the campaign is short and shallow, but what really pulls me into the game is the replay value. Sure, the chapter's wont last you more than aLeft 4 Dead 2 is a particularly worthwhile sequel for one with a few new innovations added to the series. Still, at least Valve DID add innovation to the game, like new guns, new zombies, new maps (well, duh), new items. Some people may think that the campaign is short and shallow, but what really pulls me into the game is the replay value. Sure, the chapter's wont last you more than a hour, however, each time I play them, the events that will unfold in your quest for survival is unpredictable. You won't ALWAYS get a defib at the very start of some chapter, or a jockey won't always come out from a door. There is always a new way to play the chapter, where all your friends are dead and you have to survive with 15 health with only a shotgun with very little ammo and 1 bottle of pills, or just blaze through with all of your friends blasting through hordes of zombies without braking a sweat or taking a scratch. playing as the zombies is a blast, and I always love the enjoyment of being afraid of those blasted jockeys or those insufferable witches. still, buying for the extra maps is a little bogus (despite that these Maps are free on the PC version), but at least you don't have to pay $15 for one map from Black Ops. Valve sure did put a lot more effort in a sequel like this than other developers would. Expand
  92. Nov 10, 2012
    Chill out you lot who knock this game,it's a scream and great fun.I love the carnival with the rollercoaster its a ride and a half what a great time when you want a bit of a blowout.
  93. Sep 8, 2012
    it's a awesome game. it's pretty hard to get tired on it becouse it is much kind of games you can play as mutations, realism mode, story mode, and more.. and it's great that they have fixed so you can play all the maps and the peoples from left 4 dead 1 in this too.
  94. Sep 9, 2012
    Very nice game, valve done it again, had so much fun with this one, im hooked on it atm, the gameplay is the same....Extremely awesome. not much to be said really. good job.
  95. Jul 10, 2014
    Left 4 Dead 2 it's an awesome zombie shooter game where cooperation really matters for progress, with a wide range of scenario and a ton of zombie to kill.
    Promoted!
  96. 4DI
    Nov 18, 2012
    Heavy on gameplay, light on everything else. L4D2 highly resembles the original. It got repetitive.
  97. Mar 16, 2014
    The most repetitive game of all time. Every level feels the same, every time you play the same things happen, just with different people and weapons. There's no story to it so the campaign just drags on endlessly with no motivation at all.

I seriously don't get why all my friend's want to play this all the time. *sigh*
  98. Nov 30, 2012
    A very good co-op zombie FPS. I didn't play Left for Dead 1 so when I played L4D2, I felt I no longer need to leave the house. All I need is some food to eat and play this game forever. Much teamwork is needed in harder difficulties, and I loved the fact that I cannot just shoot blindly and not caring about ammo. This make survival fun and exciting.
  99. Apr 19, 2013
    As I hit 500 hours played in Left 4 Dead 2 I figure it's a good time to share my opinion with anyone who is considering picking this game up during one of the Steam sales. Just try it!

Even if all you do is run through the campaigns with bots or random online players I'm sure you'll get your money's worth. The real excitement comes in the team competitive modes such as Versus, Scavenge or when you have the experience, Realism Versus.

Sometimes it's a little tough to get a balanced match going with teammates that have a clue but it is always worth it in the end. Love the environments like Dead Center, Dark Carnival (zombies on a rollercoaster track? yes please) and No Mercy. I can only describe playing as the special infected as engrossing and totally addictive--I've literally fallen out of my chair when I play as the Charger and miss the survivors with my charge, slamming my big dumb hillbilly zombie into a concrete wall.
  100. Dec 9, 2012
    Left 4 Dead 2 was my first game on Steam and I just spend $5 on it! I really play this game every week since I bought it. Just a great-awesome-action-survival-zombie-game!
  101. Jan 15, 2013
    Eerily similar to L4D, this game does not deserve to be called a "sequel". A fraction of the updates in TF2 could have created this game from it's predecessor L4D. Regardless, it is rather enjoyable and scary. There is nothing like the feeling you get when a boomer pops out from a corner and screws up your vision. Multiplayer is a veteran's game, so you better know what you're doingEerily similar to L4D, this game does not deserve to be called a "sequel". A fraction of the updates in TF2 could have created this game from it's predecessor L4D. Regardless, it is rather enjoyable and scary. There is nothing like the feeling you get when a boomer pops out from a corner and screws up your vision. Multiplayer is a veteran's game, so you better know what you're doing before joining ( a lot of people are very rude to noobs, which is honestly the worst part of this game, so if you can get past that you're golden). I bought this on sale for $5, and would have gladly paid $20 for it. The biggest problem with the multiplayer is that gameplay ends up being one-sided. There are 2 teams, and players enjoy stacking a lot. You'll often find yourself with utter noobs or else with extreme experts, in which case the game becomes anti-competitive. You can simply quit when this happens and join a fairer game, so I would highly recommend this 9/10. Collapse

L4D2 delivers multiple improvements over its predecessor, and I get to keep all my fingers and toes.
    It remains one of the most distinctive co-operative titles out there, and allows for some of the most nerve-searing team-based multiplayer gaming on the market.
  3. Whereas once we treated Left 4 Dead as a stopgap between Half-Lifes, this is no longer a weird little side project with modest expectations, and Valve is confident enough to play around with it, safe in the knowledge that you can trust your players. Left 4 Dead proved it. And whereas that game had a personality, this one is overflowing with it.