8.4

1. Feb 8, 2011
    When you can make a game from a idea thats been beaten to death and do it succesfully you know your good.
    This game is a blast to play and the steam achievments add that much more to it.
    The graphics are top notch so i dunno wth JayF is talking about.
    I'm running an old GTX295 and it looks awesome cranked up so maybe his card needs replaced not this game.
    Now on top of all the goodness
    add the add on campaigns free from lfd2maps.com and you get more for your dollar than you can shake a dismembered limb at. Expand
  2. Feb 16, 2011
    This is one of those games that can eat 800+ hours of your life away and keep you coming back for more. For that one fact alone I give it a 10. My money was well spent. There are many modes to keep it fresh and enjoyable. Cooperation within a team is a must. The replay factor and fun factor are simply through the roof. L4D and L4D2 are both worth the investment.
  3. Feb 27, 2011
    I have been a die-hard fan of the L4D series. Once the Sacrifice and No Mercy came out, I was psyched. Now I have L4D2 on both Xbox 360 and Steam/PC, and with both versions, I can play this game anytime I want. I have to say, VALVe and PowerSource, as well as Steam, made one of the best games on the district.
  4. Mar 13, 2011
    after reeding a lot of reviews on the game left for dead 2 i would agree with some of the criticism posted up but on the defense despite the lack of gaming quality and key things what could be improved it is still a good game. as the turn " you pay for what you get " i payed £20 - 30 as a package deal for my game so did not expect any thrill's like playing a high end full on 3d graphics game what would have cost around £60+ ether tho it is a social game and you can have a lot of fun ether make some rilly good friends or just to blow of some steam after a hard day at work and you just want to kill some zombies all tho yes this game works for me and i have made a lot of friends so guys A+ for me Expand
  5. Mar 17, 2011
    An absolutely amazing game I enjoyed playing for many hours already and the constant Mutation changes and custom maps always add a new replay value to it. If you don't have it you should definitely get it, the 4 player Co-Op campaign is simply amazing (although there are a lot of e.g. 16 players co-op servers for extra fun) and survival too. I believe I will play it a lot soon cause of the upcoming Cold Stream DLC including a new awesome map and the rest of the L4D1 campaign. Expand
  6. Mar 27, 2011
    Strategy and shooter in one phenomenal game! You can play it for 1000 hours and more, but never it will be boring! Nice maps, great weapons, awesome modes and cool infecteds! I could play it all the time :P
  7. Sep 5, 2011
    Years on and this is still one of the BEST co-op shooters available... ok the graphics are workmanlike, but Source is gettting way too long in the tooth to ever look top end...accept that sacrifice for everything else being super fast with tonnes of sharpened gameplay and high replay values thanks to it's huge modder community (on PC) supplying hundreds of free campaigns, how can you go wrong?
  8. Apr 22, 2014
    Left 4 Dead 2 has gotten a lot of flak for its similarity to the first game, but I think Valve made the right move in making it just how they did. Here's why:

REPLAY VALUE:
    - The first game was not very long, but it had replay value, the second game is essentially the first game with more levels, new levels, new characters, new dialogue, new weapons and enemies and mechanics, etc. The
    first game was a smashing success, so if the second was why would they change that much in the sequel?

NEW MECHANICS:
    - The guns, special devices, and melee weapons all have a very nice, "clean," feel to them. There's almost no "wind-up," so every swing, shot, and throw feels responsive. This is something many developers overlook when making games, and it's incredibly important to have the feel right.

NEW WEAPONS:
    - The arsenal from L4D was one of the more boring parts of the game. L4D2 has more than doubled the amount of weapons, whilst keeping the originals for old fans.

STEAM WORKSHOP:
    - Don't like the level selection? The skins are boring you? Then modify them with minimal effort by utilizing Steam Workshop, which is home to thousands of custom, user-made skins.

There really isn't much to complain about.
  9. Apr 24, 2011
    A good game, yes. But I can't really find myself playing it for more then a few hours, if not only a couple minutes. I quit half way through story modes when I play by myself, and really only play it with friends. With friends, or with people online, this game is really good. But like I said, playing by yourself wasn't as enjoyable as Left 4 Dead 1, because it's the same thing with enhanced A.I (Maybe). But other than that, this is a pretty good game to play. The best on the PC I would say. It's a buy Expand
  10. Jul 3, 2011
    I enjoyed the mayhem and personalities of LFD2, but the simplistic shooting system and the somewhat short campaign leaves my money spent questionable. 30 bucks for this game isn't really worth the time or money unfortunately. Liked the game, just not worth it for the price.
  11. Sep 14, 2011
    New zombies, new maps and more weapons! YES! But, for some odd reason I find the game play different. I actually find the original more appealing. The graphics look better as in better looking versus more advanced graphics. The characters aren't that appealing either. It seems a bit rush and too soon. Left 4 Dead 1 just got off the ground when this was released! Shame... But the games still good.
  12. Mar 29, 2013
    When you experienced the first game, some of the atmosphere in the second game doesn't feel as strong. However, this game makes up for that with the new weapons, features, infected and characters. At first, I was very angry at Valve for suddenly working on this game while the first one was still unpolished, but my disposition changed when I finally played this game and experienced the updates along with it. It's good every once in a while, but gets repetitive sometimes even with the game altering "Director" thrown in. Versus Mode can be extremely fun when your team isn't stupid and the hit detection doesn't screw you over, but I find that more or less unbalanced and just stick with the normal co-op. Expand
  13. Aug 30, 2011
    Nothing has really changed since the first version. New characters and maps mixed with improved graphic and nothing else. It's not really L4D2, it's rather L4D1.5.
  14. Jun 30, 2011
    Left 4 Dead 2 was an exceptionally good game, in my opinion, from the moment I started playing it. It brought to mind the play of Dead Rising, where I could simply kill zombies as a sort of stress reliever. It never needed to have much of a purpose. Just as long as I could kill, move forward, and feel like I accomplished something I was happy. I really enjoy the level designs in the second one. I find especially the Dark Carnival campaign to be extremely fun. The main difference between this game and those of other zombie shooters is that you cannot win this game alone. It is very hard to make it anywhere, especially on harder difficulties, without being a team. Versus mode only proves all the more that without effective teamwork, you cannot win the game. A single player being good is not enough to win the game. More importantly, a lot of times, you don't even have to be good to play, you just have to work together.

A lot of multiplayer video games have completely lost sight of teamwork. When I go to play Call of Duty, if there is a single good person on my team, I may win because of their skill. The next round, they win on someone else's team. It is too dependent on individual people. Left 4 Dead is rarely possible to move any farther when you want to play as a loner. The single player proves this even more with the terrible AI being of little assistance. It certainly feels like you are alone with them. (I still think it deserves a ten because especially friendly AI is rarely very skilled in video games anyway...)

Left 4 Dead 2, as a sequel, also provides some semblance of the creepy level design in the first one. A dank mall, with all the lights turned out, one of the levels virtually serving as a maze because all of the obvious directions are not the right ones. The Carnival, with clowns attracting massive hordes if they are not eliminated effectively. The swamp is a nightmare, especially in realism mode(which is AMAZING... It adds value to the melee weapons and makes you work much harder to remain a team) where you may be dragged away by a smoker and be impossible to find in the foliage. The sugar mill, with a forest of witches, and rain that blinds all view of the screen, is very well designed and very creepy. The Parish is the only campaign which stays well lit for the majority of the campaign but it is not without its challenges as well. The Impound lot, which leaves a massive amount of car alarms in front of you is especially dangerous when you have a person playing who has not memorized where the alarms are. Several of the events in the Parish force hordes of monstrous sizes on you.

This game is only as hard as you make it. You can change the settings to make it simplistic or make it very challenging. Realism mode only adds to the nightmare and makes everything a lot more interesting because you cannot see people through walls, glows around items are disabled, and worst of all, the witch will instantly kill you.

I feel as though a lot of the negative reviews on this game are written by people who rushed out to by this game when it was brand new, who weren't very good at the game, and who could not appreciate all the new things this game had to offer over the old Left 4 Dead. The melee weapons are life saving in Realism mode(which is why describing them as useless seems ineffective and incorrect to me), the guns are vastly improved from the original, and there are three entirely new infected creatures which are all extremely dangerous.(Spitters are great when well timed) The characters are much better developed, interesting, and surprisingly realistic. Especially for those gamers out there who cannot afford an expensive game when it first comes out and wait for the prices to be those of bargains, this game was an amazing buy. I have gotten well over a few hundred hours of gameplay for roughly 20 dollars. I would have paid the 50 dollars if I had it. This game was worth it. Especially with friends, the online is worth every second of playing and I recommend this game to anybody who does not yet have it.
  15. Jul 5, 2011
    Left 4 Dead (2) Series is just amazing i just loving killing me some zombies i dunno maybe because i'm a gun nut and have my own arsenal of weapons for such occasions and just want practice. Anyway This is a great Multiplayer Platform you can team up against zombies or become a special zombie on teams against each other.
  16. Jul 11, 2011
    This is a typical game to just get ur head clear and mindlessly kill all that walks, if ur a game addict its not to play 24/7 youll get mad but its a lovely way to just do something elsze with friends for a change,
    i love it!
  17. Jul 22, 2011
    As addictive as Heroin, without the illegality - Although I did prefer the old L4D, it was more original and better designed, and L4D2 is in essence L4D with a Gok-Wan style make-over. Also, Zoey is much more attractive than Rochelle, and less annoying too. But hey, it was fun and good, and to save me writing an L4D review read the first seven words of this review but keep the score the same.
  18. Jul 22, 2011
    I haven't played L4D1, so i don't have anything else to compare it to, (other than perhaps Killing Floor). I thought of giving it a 6, but then i guess it's still a *good quality* game, just that the gameplay didn't suck me in at all. I guess i'm not a fan of a thousand no-AI-whatsoever npc's running at me, it kind of makes each individual kill meaningless, and there is no river of blood to make it at least visually bad-ass. And it's very linear too: after finishing a campaign once, i had no desire to replay it, having to go through exactly the same path again. I did like the vs. scavenge mode though, i think this one aspect of the whole game is what really stood out. Having to be the zombies who die faster than the waiting time between respawns, it was the first time i ever reaaallly had to strategize in an fps. To finalize, if i were to give this game a price, i'd say it's worth about $5-$10 (depending on who you are. To me it would have been worth $5, but definitely not $35, or however much i actually paid for it.) Expand
  19. Sep 8, 2011
    I've played more hours of this game than any other - 800 at the moment. It's a truly great game, the only negative is the online community can be very annoying and love to cry "NOOOB!"
  20. Aug 9, 2011
    The great part about Valve is that they patch the game, add new content based on player's interests and no longer allow it to go stale. I have at least 600 hours into the game and have learned specific tactics for taking out the special infected while most people run aimlessly out to their death. It's a team-based game where if you stay together, the chances of survival are high. Cool binds to use such as taunt, yes, no, take the lead, stick that up your a$$, etc. make for some interesting jokes even if everyone is already on voice chat. What you're really doing is making a movie and if you're one of the 4 star actors you're able to take a break and watch. I love how the game seamlessly as well as instantly adds new players or replaces them with bots without some lengthy game re-load or re-sync making everyone wait. It was remarked that the grenade launcher sitting out in the open for anyone to grab and descimate the game solo was making the game too easy and allowing people to leave the rest 4 dead, so Valve moved them to more hidden areas so players had to search for the big guns. I hope it's evolution continues. Expand
  21. Nov 28, 2012
    Left 4 Dead 2 warms you up with a single player campaign and then has long multi-player replay value. The match-finding service could be improved for casual players. Anybody that doesn't play L4D2 enough to use the infected properly will often be kicked if they end up on a team of expert players.
  22. Sep 6, 2011
    Woah woah woah... time out. All these people complain about L4D2 being the same thing as L4D, but that simply isn't true! At its core, yes, L4D2 is the same but so is every game on the market. Halo is still a shooter, Command and Conquer is still a strategy game, Starcraft is still epic, Episode 3 still isn't released, and Left 4 Dead is still a co-op zombie survival game. Just because Valve didn't go for L4D2: Cooking Mama as their sequel doesn't mean they're ripping us off. This game easily has enough new content to teach Infinity Ward and Treyarch a thing or two.

Valve obviously worked hard to make the original experience much more fun in every aspect and they definitely delivered. The only thing that I would have docked a point for is not having enough maps, but free DLC took care of that. Besides, I had to do something to even out all the people trying to say the game hadn't changed. I wouldn't be surprised if half of them don't even own the game.
  23. Sep 9, 2011
    Its a fun but repetitive game. But it hasn't aged well. Its starting to look rough around the edges. If you can fool yourself to thinking it looks good you probably can get several hundred of hours of addicted playing out of this, else it will feel more like a repetitive slog because the environments look very bland. This looks like a game that worried too much about hardware budgets , or was developed on a tight budget itself. Not much is textured properly and there is too many details missing from the scenes. For example, their idea of a store is a room with an empty shelve and a block looking cabinet with a register on it, and no other details you'd see in a store. The good side, being a MP game, its still alive currently and finding a game is not too hard. The game also appears to be still be supported regularly by the creator Valve with recently now the l4d campaigns being added into the game. Expand
  24. Dec 2, 2012
    Yes, it's a decent sequel with big amount of changes over it's predecessor, which can't be simply packed in a DLC. This game is about teamplay and replayability - i'm playing it with my friends with VoIP and i played more than 400 hours in total and not yet bore with. One of the best co-op, PvP and overall games in my life.
  25. Nov 2, 2011
    Awesome coop game, the value of the free dlcs and the game itself make it a masterpiece.
    **** to the ones saying that it's the same old **** if the game has changed the same guys would be the first saying "oh no, ****ty game, those dubass changed everything and now is totally different, why would they did that? Vote: 4, 0, 2". Buy it.
  26. Sep 28, 2011
    I loved Left 4 Dead for some really good atmosphere, solid game play, and the co-op I desperately wanted in my games that nothing I had owned (up to that point) had ever filled though some had the potential to do so (looking at you StarFox). I only played L4D1 for about half a year or a little more before Left 4 Dead 2 was announced and then, quickly, released. The rush to get it out is really noticeable as the game has its bugs, but (since I started playing) patch-work has been done to fix that. The game is still far from perfect as it feels more like an expansion pack than a sequel. Only Melee Weapons, a few new maps, and a few new zombies were added to the mix. I get that trying to reinvent the FPS-zombie game for every game in a series might be asking for much, but I don't feel like this is a true sequel to L4D one like, say, F-Zero GX was to F-Zero X (for a random comparison).

The aesthetics are about the same, if not weirder because a lot of the maps are set during the day, which isn't scary. So the game lacks the previous game's tension. But common infected have a much larger variety and uncommon infected added to the mix improves the looks of the enemies, a bit. The uncommon, however, are rather low in number and don't present as big an impact to game play. For the mechanics, the game works, I guess. you point the gun and the enemies die if you click on them. Some new mechanics, like gauntlets, really make for a more interesting horde run. But the number of gauntlets are low, so you won't get them as often as you should. There is also dynamic path-making which will alter the course of a map depending on certain circumstances. While I like the idea of alternate paths to change things up, I don't like it depending on conditions being met. It should just be random so I have a chance to see all the parts of the game rather than having to go through a lot of guess work to figure out what path I can take. Overall, it has improved in terms of game play from the first. Melee weapons, bullet upgrades, and a larger variety of weapons makes for some improvements on the Survivor's side of things, while the horde gets new zombies and new uncommon infected to hopefully balance it all out. If you liked L4D1, this isn't a bad buy. At the time of reviewing, $20 is a good deal for this game, but you can easily wait for a Steam Holiday Sale when it drops to somewhere around $10 or lower.
  27. Oct 8, 2011
    Wow, never played a funner co-op game, completely honest. Not only blowing off heads like in the first one, but it has added melee to whack heads off. It's not scary, just intense, and it's a game I don't think anyone will ever forget.
  28. Oct 15, 2011
    This is an awesome game due to the replay value. The "Director" changes the campaigns every time you play to spawn the horde, witches, and tanks in different locations every time (or no witches or tanks at all). The graphics are fantastic for anyone that has a 4 to 5 year old computer as of 2011; the FPS is superb (depending on your computers video card and RAM) and works flawlessly for me.
    The Vs Mode is awesome - sometimes you have a good team and sometimes you don't; sometimes you have people who stay when they are losing or some who leave (ragers) because they're losing. The "Director" does a great job making the Vs campaigns random.
    The Mutation mode offers some different styles of gameplay; while some are not great - others are exciting to play.
    Survival Mode: How long can you survive against the horde (need I say more?)
    If you want to up the difficulty, play Vs Realism which doesn't show the survivors outlines if you are a survivor (playing normal as survivors, you would see an outline of your team but not in Realism)
    Also - you can download custom maps and campaigns and all other sorts of things to customize the game (look at: http://www.l4dmaps.com/l4d2/ ).
    Full score and highly recommend.
  29. Apr 22, 2013
    The reason for rewarding Left 4 dead 2 a pure 10, is simple. There is no competitor out there to what this game delivers and what it delivers is great. Even 4 years after it came out, it is still the absolute most fun co-op game out there, with up to 4 people. Even greater is the versus mode, where 2 teams of 4 take turn playing the special effected. It's easy to get into, so great for newcomers and hard to master. Expand
  30. Jun 26, 2012
    I'm not a pessimist, but when after buying Left 4 Dead 2 on Steam, I was a little unsure of how it would be. The first aspect that worried me was the change in overall theme from a grounded city setting to a more diverse, but campy deep south America. Once I bought it however, I can safely say that L4D2 is still as fun as ever. So what has changed you ask? Quite a lot has been changed: the visuals and sound are improved; you can now use melee weapons; there are more guns; there's a better sense of progression and of course, more gore. This is probably the goriest game I have ever played; if it were a normal shooter about shooting soldiers instead of zombies then I might have felt a bit guilty. There is a problem I have with L4D2 though: teaming up with friends on-line and ploughing your way through hordes of slavering zombies may be entertaining, but it's also repetitive and quickly becomes quite tedious to play. The campy setting also seems to have taken away some of the emotional impact from the game. Overall, even though this is probably Valve's weakest game I've played, it still stands tall and proud over most of the junk which the game industry churns out and as a co-op experience, I thoroughly recommend it. Expand
  31. Nov 12, 2011
    great 7.1 surround sound support, Great stereoscopic 3D support, great multilayer experience. It isn't anything different than the first but it is still just as fun. need I say more?
  32. Nov 30, 2011
    What is it, 2 years - 3 after the game came out, and people are still complaining about it? I was part of the little protest not to release l4d2 because it really was the same thing - but valve definitely keeps it updated, fresh and new. They also added new left 4 dead 1 maps into L4D2, so you've really got alot more maps to play on, there's tons of free updates and patches and really, it's load of fun. 9/10 - the game is not perfect, but it is worth your money if you like zombie games. Expand
  33. Nov 29, 2011
    Left 4 dead 2 tries to expand on the original, and kinda does its job. While l4d2 is a good game, there are certain things keeping it from being a great game. Dynamic routes that were supposed to be in versus multiplayer were removed, dynamic weather was removed, when the game was released there was a crash to desktop issue, valve has not supported l4d2 with fixes for bugs, glitches and exploits. 2 years after being released, some of the glitches that were in the game in day one are still there. Valve has also ignored the l4d2 community in our request on ways to improve l4d2. Some of the maps have too many health kits, and valve refuses to remove the kits. While l4d2 could have been a great game, the glitches take away from the overall experience. Expand
  34. Apr 9, 2013
    This game is so fun, but it's ruined with all the glitches, the stupid bots, the griefers, the hackers and many more. Versus is the only amusing gamemode, yet is barely playable. Hunters will pass through enemies while pouncing, Smokers take forever to get hold of a survivor, giving them enough time to pass a corner to avoid getting caught, Boomers can easily miss their target, Jockeys can barely hit anything because of how atrocious the hitboxes are, the spit from Spitters takes a while before it actually does a few damage to the survivors (about 10 hits for 5 damage) and the Chargers have to be 100% accurate to hit someone. Now on to the bots. The survivor bots will take a long time before reaching you if you are caught by an infected. They can't throw grenades. They can't save you if you are in certain places. They will teleport from one side of the map to the other. Now, the infected bots. They take forever to attack, even in front of the survivors. They get stuck easily, and unlike survivor bots, they can't teleport away if stuck. Basically, a team of experienced players can lose against a team of children. So in the end, this game is incredibly broken, but it can be enjoyed if you have a few friends. Other than that, play a different game. Expand
  35. Dec 11, 2011
    Left 4 Dead 2 is an enjoyable game to play. Like most games these days the game shines more in the multiplayer aspect and the numerous mods and addons that one can acquire through various means. These addons and multiplayer flavors are where the fun is. The single player is tolerable and is fun to play when bored but the AI really is sub par (the other survivors have god-like accuracy but are dumb as a rock in relation to self preservation, i feel as if i am babysitting them in most situations). But if you are playing L4D:2 you need to be playing it with other people as the additional survivors or as the special infected. In summation the game as a whole is worth playing and is highly replayable, but if you are more of a loner and play singleplayer exclusively then you may want to overlook this title and perhaps pick up another zombie shooter that caters to the storyline and solo play. Expand
  36. Dec 13, 2011
    This game has more disappointments than improvements from Left4Dead. If you don't have either one, just buy Left4Dead instead. Only a few more Infected were added and a slightly better weapon selection enforced. Everything else; graphics, art, character selection, maps, and craving for zombie death got worse with this sequel. I still play L4d, but I can't find the interest to install L4d2 again.
  37. Dec 16, 2011
    This is the most bloody game from all games witch I played, it's also very funny, Valve is based on "team" games, like Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead(1) and Half-Life(with his broters: CS, CSS)... @VonCarlsson, you're right, but, you can also try survivor mode, wich is very funny sometimes, it doesn't worth 4 mark, no way, anyway, this just the begin, I think the CS: Global Offensive will be disappointing for most of us... Expand
  38. Dec 21, 2011
    A fun game overall. Boring and dull when playing with bots, but great when playing with friends. Wouldn't mind if there were more campaigns or other content though, as the game is quite short. All the campaigns can be replayed alot however.
  39. Dec 21, 2011
    Best game ever! Played is now for more then 600 hours. Every minute is still very fun to play. If I have to mention one point that is not so good are the players online, 40% sucks ;-)
    Hoping for Left 4 Dead 3!
  40. Dec 27, 2011
    Didn't get to play it too much, graphic card was too bad to actually try it. From the few hours i did play it, it was pretty fun, i would recommend this game to others.
  41. Dec 29, 2011
    Left 4 Dead 2 is an improvement on it's predecessor in every possible way. Better overall play, added hand to hand variety, better performance, less bugs, hours of playing Co-op, Solo, Versus and of course, now a more versatile Battle "Special Zombie Players vs Survival Players" match. Totally worths it.
  42. Dec 31, 2011
    I signed up just to make a review on this. As an experienced player of the Left 4 Dead franchise, I have accumulated about 2000 hours on Left 4 Dead 2, and about 350 on Left 4 Dead. What I have to say about this game is related to it's gameplay, AI, and the community itself. To begin with, the gameplay is exactly the same as the original. There are new throwables, melee weapons, and the original pistols that turned out to be the only secondary in the original Left 4 Dead. As of today, there is no real point in purchasing the original Left 4 Dead, because everything in Left 4 Dead 2 contains whatever is in Left 4 Dead 1. Everything is smooth, clean, and the graphics are stunning(not that it should be a major factor). The AI is intended to be smart and not idiotic. People have way too high expectations for the AI. Of course at some times the AI will fail to meet your humane, on-the-double needs, but that doesn't mean you can't do it over again. I say this because people who give up because the AI is too "stupid" have no patience for a game, and quit way too easily. The AI, during other game modes, follow suit. They kill on sight, and will wind up getting attacked more often than not, but are definitely all valuable and should not be wasted. As for the infected AI, I'm sorry to hear that you're infuriated that there are no new skins. There is a new skin, and it's the improved version of the original. The infected have succumbed further to the infection than they did in the original. The infected are smart and are meant to be on par with the intelligence of your Survivor allies. The producer's intentions are to come at you with full assault with small breaks in between. Without it, it'd be boring. As for the community(and this is my favorite part), you must bring friends. And if you're lucky, you're be grouped with exceptional, advanced, weathered players. The attitude towards each other in games like Versus and Scavenge are aggressive, and full of smack talk. If you want to keep your cool, don't say anything at all. Smack talk is a strategy to knock your focus off-course. Everyone in this game groups up on unsuspecting players in order to "stomp" them, known as pubstompers.

TL;DR

The main purpose of this game is to be grouped up with complete strangers and thrown straight into the fire, where you must work together to weather the storm of zombies and special infected, all while reaching the end together, or by yourself. Whether it be real people or AI you're working with(or against), you're definitely going to be put to the test in a fast-paced game such as this.
  43. Jan 3, 2012
    As much as I miss the characters of the first one, and am loyal to the original's originality and simplicity, I must give the sequel a higher rating if only for the upkeep of free updates and constant addition to the already varied dynamic. While this one feels less like you're running for your life to a fate uncertain through the decaying ruins of the recent and progressing apocalypse, it's got more dakka and gorn. Plus that much more story to go along with the grim path humanity took in late 2009. For more information, see my review of L4D and just throw in the fact that there are more guns, more special zombies, more game play modes, even more game modes, a crossover campaign with the original survivors that's explained in "The Sacrifice" web comic, the original campaigns (with all the second's goodies), and just more Valve. Game on, comrades. But I do suggest you buy the first as well, if just to ease into the second's complexity, while being able to see your legs. Expand
  44. Jan 29, 2012
    The amount of free updates you recieve on the PC is astounding. Valve quality stamp, coupled with the amount of user content available makes this game a total blast. One of the best co-op games around, if not the most replayable ;) . Go buy for 20$ on steam or in stores!
  45. Jan 8, 2012
    Left 4 dead 2 is a pretty epic game....... Its awesome game for xbox pc and mac i really love that game..............................................
  46. Jan 14, 2012
    All I can say, is that this game is a **** awesome sequel to Left 4 Dead, ticked all my boxes, nothing negative comes to mind. Awesome! The gameplay is awesome in multiplayer, had tones of fun, t
  47. Jan 17, 2012
    Contains well thought out plot for a zombie apocolypse. Is very faithful to the original game containing new units, superior graphics, and very oriented around game play with friends. 10/10
  48. Jan 25, 2012
    At first I was mad because there wasn't enough here that was new and warranting another game. This has since been fixed with updates but lacks the awesome of the first game because of ambiance and AI issues. Instead of the dark horror feel you get a sort of goofy beat zombies to death loony toons feel. The director has had all of its cool points removed for spamming hordes to the point where in some instances you cannot move due to unending, poorly paced hordes. The zombies also got smarter and zig zag about like crack heads as they run, making it harder to aim but taking from the realism. The grey dingy look every zombie has makes them look too bland and you get tired of looking at them. I'd rather they expanded the first one into the horror direction more, but this game is still quite good. Expand
  49. Dec 31, 2012
    Amazing! L4D2 is simply a lot of fun to play. So if one loves FPS, zombies, and online gameplay, one will simply adore this game. That said this is not a game to be taken too seriously. Just set back, relax, kill hordes of zombies and have lots fun doing so.
  50. Mar 3, 2012
    For fans of the traditional LAN party, rejoice, for now there is a game built from the ground up for co-op! Just make sure your friends sign a contract to say they'll continue to play this game for the next couple of years or so to get your money's worth! :)
  51. Mar 22, 2012
    Better than first Left 4 Dead but still there is many things bothering. Rage quits are biggest problem in multiplayer and many times game ends before first map is finished. Game also gets pretty hard when players get better. Infected can not let survivors go when someone is coming to rescue them and kill you and Jockeys should have similar skills with Hunter; Bounce damage and skill to jump from wall to wall. How ever game was very entertaining for several months after it was released and DLC maps were "ok". There is also no sense to buy original Left 4 Dead because all maps are now available in this game. This was one of my favorite games but now I'm waiting something new from Valve. Expand
  52. Apr 6, 2012
    With 3 of your friends, co-op is an amazing way to spend few hours or an entire weekend. Hectic pace, great arenas, great bosses, requires ton of team play to come out of each section alive.
    By yourself, co-op portion is nearly not as fun and multiplayer... there are a lot of better choices out there.
  53. Mar 19, 2012
    This is a First Person Shooter COOP based game. There are several modes on this game, i have play more than 50 hours in online campaign and it is an excellent mode. In this mode, you and 3 other players will fight you way through several big locations in cities and forests and will be attacked by hordes and hordes of zombies (different kind of zombies). Several weapons are available, like AK-47 and shotguns, bats and guitars for melee attacks are also important. One campaign can take you more than one hour and a half, and there are more than 10 in the game; also, tons of community content is available and the quality of some of these content is amazing. For achievement hunters, the Steam version have Steam achievements. Also, if are planing to get these game but you are not decided to get it on PC or Xbox, i have to said that the Xbox version is great, but if you have a PC then get the PC version is prettier, faster and with more detailed effects.

Thanks.
  54. Jul 31, 2012
    L4D2 makes the first L4D feel like a demo. The PC version boasts 5 new campaigns and all the L4D1 maps plus a brand new map called Cold Stream included for no extra price. The game looks beautiful and it includes a ton more stuff than the first. A must buy for zombie killing fanboys
  55. Feb 27, 2014
    Bad AI. While in L4D1 the bots had their glitches, in L4D2 ALL THE BOTS EVER DO IS WATCH YOU DIE WITHOUT HELPING. And the Jockey uses aimbot. Unlike the Hunter, It doesn't matter if you're good at dodging things or not. The Jockey will always teleport onto you.
    Bad character design. You never really get to know any of the characters. They don't even have a comic for L4D2.
    Really bad
    graphics. I don't know what happened, but compared to L4D1, L4D2 looks far worse.
    The game doesn't feel like the first one. While the first one had a cool dark atmosphere, this feels like a cartoon.
    Overall, a highly overrated game. I'd prefer the original Left 4 Dead over this.
  56. Apr 22, 2012
    This game is a must if you love zombies, or if you played L4D, single player experience is very nice, and your team mates are always ready to help, multiplayer with a lof of people is just supreme, if you are a fan of L4D you can play the maps as they are being imported, play from VS to Co-op mode, lots of fan made mods from weapons to maps and skins, are you ready to fight for survive against the zombie plague that spread all around the country ?
    If yes get in and kill some zombies !
  57. Mar 21, 2013
    Single player is a frustrating affair having to rely on a dumb A.I. the so called gameplay improvement Instead of getting hit by one special attacks you will get hit by two special attacks now. Plus A.I. team members will not carry any missile weapons or help in mission orientated tasks same as before.
  58. May 4, 2012
    Three years from launch and this game is still fun to play on the multiplayer. I do hope that they come out with a Left 4 dead 3 and use some dx11 eyecandy as that would make my day.
  59. Jun 1, 2012
    Amazing game!! good graphics, insane game play, awesome characters and the Add-Ons is the best part , I cant figure out why people are giving this game such horrible ratings cuz this game is a BEAST!! This is a must have game for every PC gamer.
  60. Jul 13, 2012
    Positive: Graphics are good. Its fun to play with friends and its really team focused game. There are tons of custom maps on the Internet. Negative: Lack of steam workshop.
  61. Dec 25, 2012
    One of my favorite games of all time, for valve it is my favorite. The game has many more and new levels, allowing you to fight your way through the horde with new items, weapons and such. The game is perfect for co-op, survival, versus and scavenge (including realism). The only real downside to this masterpiece is the fact that the AI is horrible, always takes the wrong weapons and wastes health packs. The AI also never goes into the vantage points of the boss fights, and your almost always the only one to make it out. Expand
  62. Jul 21, 2012
    This game could be better. It has a lot of nice new concepts, but a lot of it is also recycled from Left 4 Dead. I like it, but it's not really worth getting at full price.
  63. Jul 25, 2012
    One of the best games that Valve made. It's better than the first one I can tell, more weapons, better graphics, more special infected and more modes. The no 1 game to have fun with your friends and kill zombies. The message that valve wants to deliver thought Left 4 dead 2 is use teamwork. There is nothing better than having a team by your side and survive a zombie apocalypse !
  64. Jul 28, 2012
    Absolute wonderful multiplayer and coop experience. If you dont know whats that game is about, google it or try it out, you wont be disappointed.
    The only thing that makes that game as enjoyable as eating a bile of **** is, that the average player you have to play with or against, is a retarded 12 year old, or a 40 year old virgin nerd, who is playing like he invented the aimbot.

All
    in all, if you play that game with good ppl or ppl that you can call your friends, you will enjoy it nearly like no other coop game. Expand
  65. Jul 30, 2012
    this is the best game that I've ever played. I don't know some one even can say it is nor excellent! unbelievable.this is the best game that I've ever played. I don't know some one even can say it is nor excellent! unbelievable.
  66. Jul 30, 2012
    Awesome game. I don't know why you would pay full price on this. It's a Valve game, it goes on sale A LOT! I got this as a 4 pack to share with some friends. it was 14.99 for all 4 copies. We played Dead Center the first time we played and had some Co-op fun. If you can find it on sale it's a great value especially with the new free Cold Stream DLC.
  67. Nov 25, 2012
    Ive put way too many hours into this game to give it anything less than a 10. As far as value goes for a game l4d2 has been the best game purchase Ive ever made. From a gameplay perspective, either have friends to play this with or make some because you dont want to go into this one alone which isnt to say you cant make friends in the game but a majority of the community can be pretty bad. It gets a 10 because it did exactly waht it set out to do and that, create a terrific coop/competitive zombie survival game. Expand
  68. Jan 24, 2013
    Terrible, identical to Left for Dead with some new weapons and characters. I got so board i couldn't even make it through the entire storyline, which is about 5 hours. There is really nothing good I can say about this game, do not buy this.
  69. Aug 6, 2012
    4/5 (Good) Game is good, multiplayer is fun. You want to have fun? Add Zombies. To anything. It works. BUT, the "kinda scripted" nature of the game makes you remember that you are in front of your PC, probably not as dressed up as you should, playing a GAME (and that you are not REALLY a zombie apocalypse hero... sadly.)

Try it, you will have fun.
  70. Aug 15, 2012
    Left 4 Dead 2 is a particularly worthwhile sequel for one with a few new innovations added to the series. Still, at least Valve DID add innovation to the game, like new guns, new zombies, new maps (well, duh), new items. Some people may think that the campaign is short and shallow, but what really pulls me into the game is the replay value. Sure, the chapter's wont last you more than a hour, however, each time I play them, the events that will unfold in your quest for survival is unpredictable. You won't ALWAYS get a defib at the very start of some chapter, or a jockey won't always come out from a door. There is always a new way to play the chapter, where all your friends are dead and you have to survive with 15 health with only a shotgun with very little ammo and 1 bottle of pills, or just blaze through with all of your friends blasting through hordes of zombies without braking a sweat or taking a scratch. playing as the zombies is a blast, and I always love the enjoyment of being afraid of those blasted jockeys or those insufferable witches. still, buying for the extra maps is a little bogus (despite that these Maps are free on the PC version), but at least you don't have to pay $15 for one map from Black Ops. Valve sure did put a lot more effort in a sequel like this than other developers would. Expand
  71. Nov 10, 2012
    Chill out you lot who knock this game,it's a scream and great fun.I love the carnival with the rollercoaster its a ride and a half what a great time when you want a bit of a blowout.
  72. Sep 8, 2012
    it's a awesome game. it's pretty hard to get tired on it becouse it is much kind of games you can play as mutations, realism mode, story mode, and more.. and it's great that they have fixed so you can play all the maps and the peoples from left 4 dead 1 in this too.
  73. Sep 9, 2012
    Very nice game, valve done it again, had so much fun with this one, im hooked on it atm, the gameplay is the same....Extremely awesome. not much to be said really. good job.
  74. Jul 10, 2014
    Left 4 Dead 2 it's an awesome zombie shooter game where cooperation really matters for progress, with a wide range of scenario and a ton of zombie to kill.
    Promoted!
  75. Jul 5, 2013
    this is one of the most amazing zombie games ever.gameplay is fun,multiplayer is cool,graphics are very good for an 2009 game.the blood is sick.there is nothing wrong with this game.its the perfect sequel to a game that i think is average(left 4 dead 1).buy this and you wont regret it.
  76. 4DI
    Nov 18, 2012
    Heavy on gameplay, light on everything else. L4D2 highly resembles the original. It got repetitive.
  77. Dec 17, 2012
    A direct upgrade from the original with a wider and more varied arsenal (including melee weapons), more multiplayer modes, and more zombie types. After releasing this and the original back to back two years in a row the gameplay is starting to get boring and although the maps are a lot better you're still just shooting, juking and exploding zombies. Versus mode is better with the new Infected additions but I always found this mode really rage inducing because of the level's pickup randomization. New multiplayer modes are creative and there are mutators but the base gameplay has been done before and I didn't feel compelled to get into them. There's pretty much no reason to buy the original now that this is out especially when you consider they ported the original campaign to the sequel. Once again, the online community is horrible and if you want to play this you will want a group of friends. Expand
  78. Jul 26, 2013
    Good thing I didn't buy this game and tried on a friend's machine first. The game is just pointless. You walk in some corridors, zombies spawn everywhere, you put them down. I kept hitting my own teammates. Some zombies are so fast you can't avoid them. In some places so many zombies spawn that no matter how fast or accurate you shoot, you can't shoot them all. At some place I just didn't understand where to go next, and frankly i didn't feel the need to continue.
    Value, your Half Life 1 and Counter Strike was great, Half Life 2 was bad, and this one is bad, too. A rail shooter, stupid and pointless.
    If you are thinking of buying this game, please don't judge it by it's video trailer, borrow it from someone first and see if you like it! It's not a coincidence they don't offer a demo.
  79. Nov 23, 2012
    i liked the game cuz its almost excactly the same as the first 1. THe thing that i am very disapointed is that they change the charecters because Zoey is my favorite. And i basically sank when i cant see my favorite charcter when i started playing.... :'(
  80. Mar 16, 2014
    The most repetitive game of all time. Every level feels the same, every time you play the same things happen, just with different people and weapons. There's no story to it so the campaign just drags on endlessly with no motivation at all.

I seriously don't get why all my friend's want to play this all the time. *sigh*
  81. Nov 30, 2012
    A very good co-op zombie FPS. I didn't play Left for Dead 1 so when I played L4D2, I felt I no longer need to leave the house. All I need is some food to eat and play this game forever. Much teamwork is needed in harder difficulties, and I loved the fact that I cannot just shoot blindly and not caring about ammo. This make survival fun and exciting.
  82. Apr 19, 2013
    As I hit 500 hours played in Left 4 Dead 2 I figure it's a good time to share my opinion with anyone who is considering picking this game up during one of the Steam sales. Just try it!

Even if all you do is run through the campaigns with bots or random online players I'm sure you'll get your money's worth. The real excitement comes in the team competitive modes such as Versus, Scavenge
    or when you have the experience, Realism Versus.

Sometimes it's a little tough to get a balanced match going with teammates that have a clue but it is always worth it in the end. Love the environments like Dead Center, Dark Carnival (zombies on a rollercoaster track? yes please) and No Mercy. I can only describe playing as the special infected as engrossing and totally addictive--I've literally fallen out of my chair when I play as the Charger and miss the survivors with my charge, slamming my big dumb hillbilly zombie into a concrete wall.
  83. Dec 9, 2012
    Left 4 Dead 2 was my first game on Steam and I just spend $5 on it! I really play this game every week since I bought it. Just a great-awesome-action-survival-zombie-game!
  84. Nov 23, 2013
    This is a pretty well crafted game, with an optimal amount of fun to be had with the right groups. However my biggest beef has to be that theres a poor balancing system and you often have 1 godly team stomping 1 bad team.

Other than that, single player mode types get boring pretty quickly, but theyre fun while they last,
  85. May 18, 2013
    Best played on PC, this game offers a well team played combat scenario in a apocalyptic world. You will have to scavenge, work together and communicate in order to survive the hordes of zombies that come at you. It's combat is actually surprisingly something new even if it is practically the same thing as the first L4D. There are different campaigns but over time they start to feel a bit boring as your completing your challenge to survive. There is no real story to this other than to survive and get to checkpoint to checkpoint. Though playing with friends is a lot of fun as you work together and install mods that enhance your experience makes the game even better. This may not be a good game for everyone but, it's worth the try. Expand
  86. Mar 25, 2013
    Left 4 Dead 2 puts you in the shoes of one of four survivors Rochelle, Coach, Ellis, and Nick and makes you kill hordes and hordes and HORDES (maybe even hordes) of the undead! Why is it so fun, you ask? Because everything works. The visuals are as you'd expect them to be from a Valve game, the co-op is immersive, the levels and maps are different of multiple play throughs and the shooting feels so natural you'll actually feel like every bullet counts. Expand
  87. Sep 5, 2013
    It's a fun game with friends that can draw you in for hours on end, but in the end I felt a little disappointed with Left 4 Dead 2. It felt like something that had been rushed out and lacked the polish of Valve's other titles.
  88. Apr 30, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Left 4 Dead and left 4 Dead 2 are no doubt an incredible gaming experience, it has limited creativity-on the game I mean. Though, it offers a chance to play as one of the unique Special Infected, actual teammates' cooperation, several unique maps and gaming experiences, and a good dialogue, Valve has to push themselves from the limit and think of new ideas. What I have heard, Valve is coming up with Left 4 Dead 3 where a memorable survivor from the original Left 4 Dead returns. All i am saying is that if you guys can improve the game experience, but at the same time offer the great entertaining fun of charging Ellis out of the building-or even better. Expand
  89. Mar 9, 2013
    This game is great, simple with very few elements of tactics but crucial to winning if your not familiar with the game. Graphics are good enough, but not awe inspiring. Servers are pretty good, support sucks but hey, very few people have GOOD support. The community is the one thing that really lets down L4D2, on vs people will kick you out of the server rather than help teach you anything. Co-op has a much better attitude to it. The skill level is awesome, you can find an easy survivable campaign if your new, If you have some trusted friends that know what there doing, you can start going for the really hard settings and get your ass whupped. Expand
  90. Oct 29, 2013
    This is by no means a terrible game, however, it is incredibly overrated. The shooting mechanics are pretty sub-par and the inability to aim down your site is a tad disappointing. The overall pace of the game is nice and fast pace, as a zombie survival game should be. The characters in my honest opinion are terrible, and completely unrelateable (except for Coach... i like coach). A very strong "fun but overhyped" feeling. Expand
  91. Apr 6, 2014
    a very fun multiplayer game. But that's it. its a multiplayer game.

That means that you will enjoy it with friends, until everybody finds a new or better game, so little to no-re-playability.
  92. Apr 25, 2013
    Hectic, chaotic fun and memorable characters. Plenty of game modes and fun mods to enjoy. If you've never played the original it's fine because the original missions are put in the game for free with improved graphics and gameplay. A must have for zombie fans.
  93. Jul 5, 2013
    This game is great!It doesn't really have a story,mostly just short campaigns.The gameplay is great,the levels are interesting and is a great multiplayer game to play with friends!
  94. Apr 30, 2013
    This is one of the best zombie games i have ever played, the engine is amazing, the gameplay is engaging and the overall variety of this game gives it an amazing replay value. This replay value has been boosted by valve releasing addon content through steam. The game is well worth the money now.
  95. May 3, 2013
    Being a sequel and a game made by Valve, the game already has the potential. Left 4 Dead 2 is a sequel to the 2008 original, and is basically a survival game. A team of 4 survivors must fight for their survival in a town full of zombies. As a story there isn't something like never seen before, but doesn't really need a lot, after an infection, the remaining survivors must fight their way out of the city to a place with no zombies.

The gameplay is just awesome and fun. You can play as any one the 4 available characters and then you must only kill zombies, what else you can want from such a game?

It's linear so you won't miss many parts of the levels, but the AI is very well made, and every time you play the zombies are in a different place, same with the weapons, which despite you find in the same place, they're different. This dramatically increases the replay value, knowing that each time you play you'll have a surprise.

The zombies also have special classes, presented as Special Infected, and named like Jockeys, Hunters, Witches, Tanks, Chargers, Spitters and others, each one having it's own abilities.

The weapons are the most common ones, M16, AK47, USP, Glock, spas-12 shotgun, others shotgun, but there are also interesting ones, such as the Desert Eagle, Hunting Rifle, another Assault Rifle, and even molotov and pipe bombs, and if is not enough, you can use even gas cans and other explosive props as weapons, and even build explosives.

The weapons however can only be customized with lasers which really increase your accuracy, but is not a big problem as the game is set in a sort of apocalyptic world, and well, you don't have a lot of time to customize the guns.

The game doesn't offer regenerating health, but it can be however restored, by using first aid kits, pain pills, and adrenaline. Anyway, only first aid kits offer permanent health, others only a temporary boost.

The graphics are realistic, with nice shadowing effects, detailed textures, and a good realism level.

The soundtrack is as well dynamic and is played only in needed and exciting parts, which like with the zombie's AI director, the song's location varies every time you play.

The game also has a multiplayer mod, presented as a Versus Mode, where you can play as either a zombie or a survivor, a horde mode, and a coop mod.

As about flaws, well, there is a sort of a glitch sometimes when some special-infected zombies(not a certain race) can be encountered a ridiculous amount of times during the same level, however this glitch doesn't occur many times, it's a sort of a rare glitch, so it's not a big problem.

So, final verdict, Left 4 Dead 2 is a great game with a huge replay value, and is another must-own.
  96. ERB
    Dec 3, 2013
    Left 4 Dead 2 is no doubt a great sequel upon the original Left 4 Dead 1.Left 4 Dead still looks the same as Left 4 Dead 1 but the biggest difference between these 2 is that The game play in Left 4 Dead 2 is better than that of Left 4 Dead 1 and there are new campaigns and maps in here.Especially The Dark Carnival campaign.The Carnival campaign is fun to play and this is my favorite map.There are even more zombies here added in this game.Like the Jockey.The Jockey is like Left 4 Dead 1's hunter but the difference between the Hunter and The Jockey is that the hunter can jump very high like an assassin who will get you from above and once he catches you he will trap you and keep attacking you until you die unless someone saves you and kills the hunter.The Jockey is a zombie that cannot jump high but he or she is one of the scariest disturbing zombies I have ever seen in games.The Jockey is a zombie that laughs scary and once he or she catches you he will do a horse ride on you and while he is on top of you riding you,you will be like be under his control and he can force you to go where It likes to go and while he is riding you he will be attacking you in the head until you die or get saved by a team mate.

The Spitter is also a new zombie which spits green goo at you and even if your just standing in the goo you will get intense damage and you will die if you stay under the goo for too long.The Charger is also a new zombie which looks a little like the strongest zombie in this game The Tank.Now the charger charges at you and if you got caught by him he will choke you and slam you to the ground until you die.

Those are some of the new zombies in this game.Now lets talk about the characters in this game.In Left 4 Dead 1 there is Bill,Francis,Zoey, And Louis.In Left 4 Dead 2 you will have some new characters here.The new characters are Coach,Nick,Rochelle,and Ellis.Those are the new characters in this game.

Lets talk more about the game.The game play is not the only thing good about this game but the story in this game is good as well.I can't tell the story because maybe you will now about it and you will lose interest in this game.The game is fun and enjoyable especially the multiplayer.You can either be a zombie or a survivor in this multiplayer game.Which is fun!Left 4 Dead 2 is a great sequel and it gets a 10/10 from me.A great score for this game.This game is fun and I recommend you gamers to buy this awesome game and try playing It.I promise you this game is fun and you will enjoy this game.
  97. Jan 4, 2014
    Another good Valve game! L4D2 is a good game that combines teamwork and survival. Fighting against zombies is always fun, and with a friend it is even better!
    There's a lot of gamemodes to choose from, there's also many weapons and even though that the gameplay might feel a little repetitive, it is still fun. The game is incredibly detailed and the AI works very well.
  98. sft
    May 22, 2013
    Resurrect Bill Vol 1

I just love the original Left 4 Dead. It’s a simple yet effective (and in my case addictive) game. So I started Left 4 Dead 2 with very high hopes. And I haven’t been disappointed. Valve have improved almost everything. We have 4 new survivors and the location has been moved to the deep south. The campaigns are considerably longer due to larger maps. More
    challenging tasks have been introduced and the zombies come thicker and faster than ever. There are several new “specials” to deal with, along with some new weapons, including melee weapons ranging from cricket bats to machetes. L4D2 looks even better than the original and there are some great in-game events: the use of weather as a hindrance to your progress in the Heavy Rain campaign is particularly inspired. It’s also a good deal more difficult than the original. So, pretty much everything about L4D2 is superior to L4D1. Except for the survivors. For me they lack the character of the original team, and although Valve have lived up to their deserved reputation for the quality of the dialogue I just don’t find them as engaging as the original 4. The chat between the survivors in L4D1 is full of great one-liners which helped build the bond with the player, even though you know they’re just bots. Obviously this hardly matters when playing with other people but I wish, nonetheless, that the original characters had been carried over from L4D1. Still, L4D2 is a great game. Play it. Now! Expand
  99. May 23, 2013
    "Left 4 Dead 2" is one of the most fun Co-Op games out there. The story is quite good for a sequel that does not follow directly follow from its predecessor. The levels are well made for a zombie game, unlike many that we have all played before. The simple tasks within the levels are mainly hold the fort type and scavenging parts never get old and are always fun and rewarding. Me and my friends can never leave this game with its outstanding replay-ability. The game has some nice multiplayer game modes like “Versus”. Where you play through the Co-Op levels as you would normally except all the special zombies are human controlled (it gets very fun with friends). This game has Steam Workshop support if in the rare case you get bored of the default ones. Did I also say this game comes with redone levels from the first "Left 4 Dead"? Did I also say you should buy this game? Did I also say that it's made by Valve? Expand

L4D2 delivers multiple improvements over its predecessor, and I get to keep all my fingers and toes.
    It remains one of the most distinctive co-operative titles out there, and allows for some of the most nerve-searing team-based multiplayer gaming on the market.
  3. Whereas once we treated Left 4 Dead as a stopgap between Half-Lifes, this is no longer a weird little side project with modest expectations, and Valve is confident enough to play around with it, safe in the knowledge that you can trust your players. Left 4 Dead proved it. And whereas that game had a personality, this one is overflowing with it.