8.5

1. Jan 4, 2014
    Another good Valve game! L4D2 is a good game that combines teamwork and survival. Fighting against zombies is always fun, and with a friend it is even better!
    There's a lot of gamemodes to choose from, there's also many weapons and even though that the gameplay might feel a little repetitive, it is still fun. The game is incredibly detailed and the AI works very well.
  2. sft
    May 22, 2013
    Resurrect Bill Vol 1

Resurrect Bill Vol 1

I just love the original Left 4 Dead. It’s a simple yet effective (and in my case addictive) game. So I started Left 4 Dead 2 with very high hopes. And I haven’t been disappointed. Valve have improved almost everything. We have 4 new survivors and the location has been moved to the deep south. The campaigns are considerably longer due to larger maps. More challenging tasks have been introduced and the zombies come thicker and faster than ever. There are several new “specials” to deal with, along with some new weapons, including melee weapons ranging from cricket bats to machetes. L4D2 looks even better than the original and there are some great in-game events: the use of weather as a hindrance to your progress in the Heavy Rain campaign is particularly inspired. It’s also a good deal more difficult than the original. So, pretty much everything about L4D2 is superior to L4D1. Except for the survivors. For me they lack the character of the original team, and although Valve have lived up to their deserved reputation for the quality of the dialogue I just don’t find them as engaging as the original 4. The chat between the survivors in L4D1 is full of great one-liners which helped build the bond with the player, even though you know they’re just bots. Obviously this hardly matters when playing with other people but I wish, nonetheless, that the original characters had been carried over from L4D1. Still, L4D2 is a great game. Play it. Now!
  3. May 23, 2013
    "Left 4 Dead 2" is one of the most fun Co-Op games out there. The story is quite good for a sequel that does not follow directly follow from its predecessor. The levels are well made for a zombie game, unlike many that we have all played before. The simple tasks within the levels are mainly hold the fort type and scavenging parts never get old and are always fun and rewarding. Me and my"Left 4 Dead 2" is one of the most fun Co-Op games out there. The story is quite good for a sequel that does not follow directly follow from its predecessor. The levels are well made for a zombie game, unlike many that we have all played before. The simple tasks within the levels are mainly hold the fort type and scavenging parts never get old and are always fun and rewarding. Me and my friends can never leave this game with its outstanding replay-ability. The game has some nice multiplayer game modes like “Versus”. Where you play through the Co-Op levels as you would normally except all the special zombies are human controlled (it gets very fun with friends). This game has Steam Workshop support if in the rare case you get bored of the default ones. Did I also say this game comes with redone levels from the first "Left 4 Dead"? Did I also say you should buy this game? Did I also say that it's made by Valve? Expand
  4. May 31, 2013
    Left for Dead 2 is undoubtedly the best zombie game I have ever played. The game honestly is a complete blast--- I could go on about it, but I will simply say this: get the game. And if you already have it, go buy another and give it to one of your friends.
  5. AWG
    Jun 17, 2013
    This game is almost perfect. Maps are really well-done and compelling, missions are fair and graphics are well defined. I don't like new characters very much (Nick is the only good one, and I'd pay to watch him fight alongside Zoey, Francis and Bill) but the fact that Left 4 Dead 2 includes all the campaigns and levels from the first game makes it just awesome. I really can't find a flaw.This game is almost perfect. Maps are really well-done and compelling, missions are fair and graphics are well defined. I don't like new characters very much (Nick is the only good one, and I'd pay to watch him fight alongside Zoey, Francis and Bill) but the fact that Left 4 Dead 2 includes all the campaigns and levels from the first game makes it just awesome. I really can't find a flaw. 9 out of 10. Expand
  6. Jul 20, 2013
    While this game seems to be more of a glorified D.L.C., it earns its spot as one the of the greatest sequels of all time. Like its predecessor, Left 4 Dead 2 FORCES you to work TOGETHER. The graphics are very good for the dated Source Engine. The weapons have a good feel, and the realistic damage to the infected will make feel squeamish quite a lot. A very fun game from beginning toWhile this game seems to be more of a glorified D.L.C., it earns its spot as one the of the greatest sequels of all time. Like its predecessor, Left 4 Dead 2 FORCES you to work TOGETHER. The graphics are very good for the dated Source Engine. The weapons have a good feel, and the realistic damage to the infected will make feel squeamish quite a lot. A very fun game from beginning to end. (Extra merits for easy modding as well.) Expand
  7. Jun 24, 2013
    It is a perfect game for just to have fun. With it's almost no storyline and only a lot of guns, against a lot of zombies with 4 of your friends makes this game a must play.
  8. Jul 11, 2013
    j'aime beaucoup ce jeu le contenu est plus variées ont y retrouve les épisodes de son opus précédent la qualité graphique est tous aussi mieux un bon jeu auquel les fans de zombies ne risqueront pas de se lassés
  9. Jul 12, 2013
    In all fairness, the game is almost 4 years old at the time of this review and things like the graphics are somewhat forgivable, however even the for the period, they are a little light. The AI is tremendously stupid and the UI is nonexistent. I was really hoping for something more than a simple and random shooter, spraying away at zombie body parts. At first the spray and pray isIn all fairness, the game is almost 4 years old at the time of this review and things like the graphics are somewhat forgivable, however even the for the period, they are a little light. The AI is tremendously stupid and the UI is nonexistent. I was really hoping for something more than a simple and random shooter, spraying away at zombie body parts. At first the spray and pray is entertain however quickly looses its luster. The other players can get extremely annoying, especially if they leave their mic open. The direction and mission focus of the game is completely mind boggling at first and you literally have no idea in the world as to where to go or the point of your actions. The storyline pretty much starts and stops with the introduction/advertisement cinematic. Expand
  10. Jul 14, 2013
    Where to begin...
    Left 4 Dead 2 Is a Co-op zombie shooter like no other.
    It involves elements such as: forcing the player to make a hard choice using the last medical kit on yourself or a teammate, both of you are badly wounded, going back for a player that was downed right when the escape vehicle arrives.). An A.I Director that places the zombies, health items and weapons, Based on
    Where to begin...
    Left 4 Dead 2 Is a Co-op zombie shooter like no other.

An A.I Director that places the zombies, health items and weapons, Based on how the survivors are doing. Last stage felt like cake-walk?
    The A.I Director makes sure items are harder to find and increases the amount of zombies spawned.

Unique zombies called "special infected" are also waiting for you in the shadows.
    Ranging from the long-tongued "Smoker", to the large-armed "Charger", to the hulking mas of muscle known as the "Tank".

The weapons have 2 to 3 tiers of effectiveness, (damage, mix of the two, accuracy) and in the vast weaponry of Left 4 Dead 2.
    You'll be able to find assault rifles, pump and full auto shotguns, sniper rifles, SMGs and even grenade launchers and M60 machine guns! There's also grenade-like weapons such as the molotov.

There's lots more to talk about, like the ability to modifiy your game so that you're holding sliver M1911's instead of a glock and USP45 or playing on an entirely user-made map. But there are some things to find for yourself..

Overall, this game gets a 8 out of 10.
    The game is innovative and full of modifications, but as you play into your 100th hour.
    You can memorize events, event triggers and Tank spawning positions. As well as the shortest route on a stage and where all the weapon and item spawning points are, so that destroys the scavenging aspect. So online Co-op with random players and the random horde events are the only thing you can count on being unexpected.
    These are only my thoughts, try it out for yourself at a friends house or when a steam free weekend event occurs.
  11. Jul 15, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Welcome to your South eastern part of America filled with zombies, Left 4 Dead 2 is filled with many experiences, starting in the region of Savannah, Georgia to the end of New Orleans, Louisiana. The characters itself is amazing, four character with terrific characteristics, Ellis, a redneck that has a very big crush on Zoey a character from the first game, Coach, a wise man, known for his cheeseburgers, Rochelle, a normal girl that is apart of News 10, and works as a producer, and Nick, your average guy that mocks every word you say, and as well for the Left 4 Dead characters there is Zoey, a teenage girl, working in college, she watchs MANY horror/zombie movies, meaning she is all ready for the zombie apocalypse, Bill, a elder of the whole group, like Coach, he is always watching for whats going to happen, Louis, a pill addict, or in a serious way, a business manager, very optimistic and positive, and Francis, a though man, but with a negative attitude with the whole team. The other thing is the game's plot, amazing traveling in the North east, and as I said before, the South east, I'd say, use your $20 on this game, I SWEAR, you will not regret it. Expand
  12. Jul 16, 2013
    To keep it sweet and short, Left 4 Dead 2 is an excellent single and multi-player zombie slayer. Carrying over most of the L4D1 content, the game is quite intense (maybe to gory for the squeamish), fast paced, and absolutely FILLED with enough things to shoot at with your friends.
  13. Jul 30, 2013
    Before I start, I would just like to say this is not a bad game, however it is an incredibly overrated game. I have played this game extensively- especially with friends. Despite this it is not deserving of a 8 or even 7 out of 10.
    First off; all the zombies feel like cardboard, all weapons rip them to pieces with little or no effort, there is little difference from the first Left 4 dead, the physics doesn't quite feel right- as if the earth's gravitational field strength has decreased since the zombie outbreak. This game would never be good without friends, no seriously lone wolves barely touch the game.
    The main reason distinguishing this from a 5/10 is the fact that it has an extensive modding scene- the only thing that keeps the game going...
  14. Aug 9, 2013
    This game is a great sequel to Left 4 Dead. It is much better though, due to improved AI and level dynamics (levels can play differently every playthrough). After you have completed the game, and start all over again, it will be boring, but the dynamics of this game adds extra replay value. It's best played online with friends, but offline, the NPC Players are quite bad.
  15. Apr 15, 2014
    This game on PC is where you can get the most for your money, steam workshop and mod support increase the games experience by miles. The game is very fun and yet encourages good team work overall. the enemas are well spread out through out the game, rather than 7 tanks coming at you at once.
  16. Aug 15, 2013
    One of my personal favorite games every.

One of my personal favorite games every.

Left 4 Dead 2 takes the Left 4 Dead series to a whole new level. While the story can be a bit hard to figure out if you don't play it as much as the others, you still can get the full jest of the game. The characters and zombies are unforgettable and put a smile on your face as you blast through waves of zombies and special's with a group of friends as you listen to those zingy one liners they characters love to through out.

As much as I love this game, it does have its flaws. Left 4 Dead 2 can be a real pain if you're playing with bots. They said they upped the A.I upon coming out but that's debatable. The bots tend to get abit lower than stupid and can be a real hassle to try and keep alive. Most of the time its best to just shoot them dead and move on.

While the main story campaigns are nice, its nicer when you have all the custom community created campaigns to play as well. While Valve has tried getting some over to the consoles, it's best you own the PC version if you want to experience this game to the fullest when it comes to mods. After all, this is a Valve game and it was made to be very mod-able for PC. Valve is a PC company, after all.

All in all, its an amazing game to play with a group of friends if you're bored and just want to have fun. If you're very competitive, you can also play the Versus mode which pits a team of humans against a team of player controlled zombies. Very fun, good game to have a good time in. If you don't own it on PC, steam usually puts it on sale for 5 bucks every few weeks.
  17. Aug 19, 2013
    Ever wondered its time to join the 'zombpocalypse'? Left 4 Dead 2 is the best place for you. Four survivors with an arsenal of weapon ranging from chainsaw to M60 and lots and lots of Infected trying to hunt you down.

L4D2 picks up where the first game left off, only with new survivors to hunt and be hunted. The short story of the game is spread through 5 chapters (although it was expanded with DLC campaigns). It is not overtly complicated and deep, but it can be suspected for a game of this nature and fairly this is not the most important part of this game. On normal settings the campaign can be completed around 4 hours or so, if you have access to the DLC campaigns it will extend the fun to 6-7 hours. Amping up the difficulty will increase the challenge and frustration originating from the retries you have to take to complete the chapters. While the story is not the richest out there, the game features some amazing voice over and writing. The characters are funny, witty and believable in the world of the game of course.

When you (if you at all) breeze through the campaign with bots this is when the real fun begins. Online multiplayer is its name. Simply, this game is meant to be played with other humans. First of all, the AI is not horrible, bud it is bad enough that you will be constantly ripping out your hair while playing the game SP (especially on harder difficulties) Not to mention the Infected AI is much better. Second, the shooting is at its best when you are surrounded with real humans trying to help you survive or chasing you as Infected. Yes, there are game modes (Versus, Scavange, etc.) where you can show your skills as a Spitter, Charger or any type of Special Infected.

The challenges will just never end with this game. You can play different MP modes like Versus or the newly introduced Scavange (collecting cans and filling up the generator while the Infected are trying to stop you). Or if you want you can just play the campaigns again with human help. If you are tired you can jump on community servers or try the endless number of easy-to-use mods created for the game by the community.

Here we are again. Valve have proved again that they are indeed the masters of Multiplayer Madness. After hits like Counter Strike, Team Fortress we have the upcoming wave of games like the L4D2 series and DotA 2. While the SP mode is not much engaging and falls short of expectations and you may not care about the characters in the end, if you ever want to just jump in and oppose the endless hordes of zombies while having super fun, this is the ultimate and most definite place to start.

Rating: 85/100; Replay Value: 5/5; To Beat: 6 hours (SP with the campaign DLCs); Played on: normal.
  18. Aug 26, 2013
    Valve has never failed to dissapoint me and L4D2 is no exeption. When you get into this game there are alot of options, if you need help deciding which level to pick IMO the best one is blood harvest but there all great. there really isint much of a story in any of the levels, Turn power on Fight horde get in safe house is usally the drill but nobody judges this game by story exept for theValve has never failed to dissapoint me and L4D2 is no exeption. When you get into this game there are alot of options, if you need help deciding which level to pick IMO the best one is blood harvest but there all great. there really isint much of a story in any of the levels, Turn power on Fight horde get in safe house is usally the drill but nobody judges this game by story exept for the death of Bill:(. The gameplay is really fun and i enjoy searching for the best wepons and just sitting in the starting area just testing wepons. If you are new To pc gaming like Me L4D2 is a good place to start or any valve game is good.One of the problems well not a problem but the graphics are not very good but i look past that and there isint really anything super new from the first game but almost every thing is improved 8.9 Expand
  19. May 1, 2014
    Being new to the Left 4 Dead games - and PC gaming in general - I was unsure what to expect. However, after raking in nearly 20 hours of playtime in a single weekend it is easy to say that L4D2 is ridiculously good fun. The campaign contains multiple missions which can be played cooperatively or alone (if you're brave enough!) Out of all of the thrilling moments that the game has to offer;Being new to the Left 4 Dead games - and PC gaming in general - I was unsure what to expect. However, after raking in nearly 20 hours of playtime in a single weekend it is easy to say that L4D2 is ridiculously good fun. The campaign contains multiple missions which can be played cooperatively or alone (if you're brave enough!) Out of all of the thrilling moments that the game has to offer; running along the roller coaster in 'Dark Carnival' quickly became the highlight for me.

If the campaign feels repetitive, there are many other exciting game modes available that allow you to play alongside other players online or as a competitive special infected zombie. The witch is an iconic zombie within the game that can quickly lead a group to panic as suspenseful music thickens the atmosphere. Although the game was released nearly five years ago, their is still an active community which will keep you entertained for hours. Definitely worth a play!
  20. Jun 28, 2014
    Its nice.
    there's not too much added on from the original, and its a standard zombie-shooter, but the characters are just so...unique and awesome, and the special infected are nice
    Overall its...good.
  21. Oct 29, 2013
    Left 4 Dead 2 is probably the best co-op experience you can find. It throws you into the zombie apocalypse, where you have to work with others to survive. Gameplay wise, it is challenging as the many special infected ambush you from all sides, and the annoying common infected just keep coming. Weapons and ammo stacks are scattered for you to find. Gameplay might be slightly repetitive butLeft 4 Dead 2 is probably the best co-op experience you can find. It throws you into the zombie apocalypse, where you have to work with others to survive. Gameplay wise, it is challenging as the many special infected ambush you from all sides, and the annoying common infected just keep coming. Weapons and ammo stacks are scattered for you to find. Gameplay might be slightly repetitive but it doesn't harm that much overall when you play with friends.

Looking at story, you would think that zombie games don't need story to be great. In this case, it is somewhat true. The story is tiny, saying that New Orleans is a safe zone, and the survivors head there. At the same time, you learn more about the people you are playing as and with. The game is also not short on humour with some weird stories of Ellis' friend Keith to the alerts and jokes made by the survivors.

There are many things that are improved upon from Left 4 Dead, improving the AI, adding fresh new zombies to battle and using several techniques to control your weapon choice, and of course melee weapons are added. After that, Valve does an excellent move by taking all the campaigns and characters from the original, add the new mechanics and improvements and put it into one game as a free DLC. A smart and clever move by Valve.

Not forgetting replayability, where the game gets a bit boring after completing all campaigns. However, hopping into the game with friends is always fun and fresh, and you can choose to cooperate or leave each other for dead.

But all this cannot be as great without the giant modding community. The modding community adds many things including humour through character skins, new campaigns to keep you in the game, and small modifications to minor things. With the SDK, many types of weird mods can be created, including mods to change the special infected appearance, alter the music, weapon skins, right down to animations. All this keeps the game fresh and easy to get back to. And it is made easier with the Steam Workshop.

Often updated with new features like mutations, Valve allows you to return to the game with ease. All this plus intense zombie action gives you the grand co-op experience. Play with a friend or alone, it doesn't matter as both will prove fun and satisfying. Grab Left 4 Dead 2 on Steam or try it out during a free weekend.
  22. Dec 30, 2013
    For a newbie to PC FPS games, I gotta say, Left 4 Dead 2 is definitely one of the most fun games I have played for the first time. It has great characters, marvelous imagery, incredibly detailed effects, and even more fun than chopping a zombie's head off. Or not.
  23. Nov 29, 2013
    One of the best cooperative games I have ever played.This title is one of the best Valve games it has good graphics,good optimization and a lot of updates,campaigns and modes also it has workshop.You should definitely try it!
  24. Nov 24, 2013
    Best co-op game I have played ever. The best part for co-op is that you don't need to be good at it to play. Cause even the strongest player will need your help at times.
  25. Nov 3, 2014
    One of my all time favourite games! I can come back to this any ole day. It's action packed and gory and it's simply total non-stop fun, especially when you add friends to the equation. Online with strangers can sometimes be unforgiving when there's someone who either doesn't work with you as a team or they are kicking your ass in Versus mode, and it can even get a little dickish whenOne of my all time favourite games! I can come back to this any ole day. It's action packed and gory and it's simply total non-stop fun, especially when you add friends to the equation. Online with strangers can sometimes be unforgiving when there's someone who either doesn't work with you as a team or they are kicking your ass in Versus mode, and it can even get a little dickish when there's idiots that will kick you for stupid reasons for example because you might not be doing so well in a particular game.
    However I cannot recommend this game enough if you just want to mindlessly shoot and hack the **** out of zombies. It's almost therapeutic in a way.
  26. Nov 28, 2013
    7.5/10.
    It's a fun game, not too special.
    Story isn't interesting, and the online is dull after just a few game sessions.
    Graphics are quite nice, the variety of zombies is quite fun, weaponry is nice as well.
    The game is mostly fun to play with a few friends.
    Not a special game, but it is kind of a defining point in zombie gaming.
  27. Jan 13, 2014
    A entertaining multiplayer game and a good price on Steam. Very entertaining and provides hours of endless zombie killing fun. Has many different weapons, zombies, and game modes. Definitely worth your time and money!
  28. Dec 28, 2013
    I got this for free with the Steam christmas giveaway, but I didn't enjoy it at all for several reasons:

* Low violence version. They make a game about zombie slaughtering and then self-censor it for certain countries. Why? Not that violence is the only thing that matters in a game, but it's weird as hell when the things you shoot just disappear. * Weapons can't be zoomed. Shooting

* Weapons can't be zoomed. Shooting just doesn't feel right and surprisingly that's one of the most important aspects of a first person shooter.
    * No character advancement. You run through the levels and there are the same weapons everywhere. Killing Floor, where you can get better equipment the more zombies you kill, does it much better. You also can't customize your character's look.
    * Zombies are too fast. Even for fast zombies, these zombies are a little too fast.

Get Killing Floor instead, it's much better.
  29. Feb 24, 2014
    This game is awesome. So Very Cleverly Designed off the HL2 engine. It has one hell of a Co Op with some very talented artificial intelligence, where if you don't like online, or just want to play with one friend. You can kick some Major Butt. If you go online expect some noobishness. But if you find a good crew, work together, talk on the Mic, you can get through these challenges.This game is awesome. So Very Cleverly Designed off the HL2 engine. It has one hell of a Co Op with some very talented artificial intelligence, where if you don't like online, or just want to play with one friend. You can kick some Major Butt. If you go online expect some noobishness. But if you find a good crew, work together, talk on the Mic, you can get through these challenges. Some are outright insane with the Amount of Zombies to Kill. So much fun. Now lets go kill some zombies. remember rule number 1. Cardio. and of course. always, double tap. Expand
  30. Jan 21, 2014
    As someone who has never owned the original L4D, this game was amazing. Fantastically balanced levels and a strong emphasis on teamwork. And if you (like me) never bought the original, all those maps are now in the game.
    One downside is that the Australian and German versions were censored ( D: ), the other downside is that the graphics kinda suck ( 2006 standard), but it was obvious that they were too busy polishing everything to a blinding shine.
  31. Sep 7, 2014
    Left 4 Dead 2. This is a game made by Valve. The same company that brought us such great games as Counter-Strike and Team Fortress 2. I reviewed those games a while ago, and I thought both were fantastic. They were both insanely fun multiplayer games that you could play over and over, and they wouldn't get old. With Left 4 Dead 2, Valve tries something different. Where Team FortressLeft 4 Dead 2. This is a game made by Valve. The same company that brought us such great games as Counter-Strike and Team Fortress 2. I reviewed those games a while ago, and I thought both were fantastic. They were both insanely fun multiplayer games that you could play over and over, and they wouldn't get old. With Left 4 Dead 2, Valve tries something different. Where Team Fortress 2 and Counter-Strike were multiplayer shooters that allow you to battle your friends across the internet, this game is a cooperative multiplayer game that allows you to team up with your friends to battle zombies. So, is this the kind of game that will bite your money, or will it want to bite you instead? Let's find out. As I said, this game is a cooperative shooter that allows you to team up with your friends and battle zombies. There are several campaigns to choose from, all with the same premise: you start out in a safe zone with your partners, and have to move from safe room to safe room until you are rescued. Along the way, you and your friends will have to fight massive hordes of the undead together. This would be boring if normal infected zombies were the only zombies you had to worry about. However, this game also has other kinds of zombies, known as special infected. These kinds of zombies add a twist to the game, that can make fighting zombies much more interesting. There are overweight zombies called boomers that vomit on you, attracting normal zombies, spitters that spit acid at you, witches that scream and pounce for a one hit kill if disturbed, and tanks that are practically the Hulk of zombies just to name a few. Not only do these special infected make fighting zombies much more interesting, but they also add new cooperative elements to the game. Certain special infected might pounce on your character, which makes it necessary for partners to save you for example. This game plays very much like any other shooter, only with cooperative elements. You really need to care for your partners in this game, because without them, this game would be practically impossible to play through. You need to give them first aid, certain ammo types, and revive them if they are injured. All this is very fun, and can lead to crazy moments with you and your friends. Along with the normal campaign mode, there are many more modes, such as versus, where you get to play as the special infected and kill the survivors, or survival, where you just survive for as long as you can. The gameplay of this game is fantastic, regardless of what game mode you are playing. As for the graphics, they are every bit as fantastic as the gameplay. Everything is rich with detail, and very colorful. The zombies look about as zombified as you would want them to look. All of the buildings and streets that you run around on also look fantastic. Even the characters and weapons look really good. This is definitely one of the best looking Source Engine games that has ever been made. The game also presents itself very well. The entire game feels like a zombie action movie where you're the star. This is shown through the movie posters used for the campaign, and the end credits sequences that play after you are rescued. There is also a story to this game, but it kind of takes a back-seat to the fantastic gameplay and graphics. Basically, a virus called the green flu has spread across the east coast of the United States, turning people into zombies. You and your co-op partners are all immune to this virus, and must get to safety. This game's survivors are also very memorable, with each having their own back-story, and making jokes every now and then. The campaigns also branch into each other, with each one showing what happens after the survivors escape from the zombies in the previous campaign, only to crash and be stuck in the next campaign, having to do everything they did in the previous campaign all over again. While the story takes a back-seat to the gameplay and graphics, this is the same approach Valve took with Team Fortress 2, so I'm not really complaining here. The only real problem with this game is that the single player AI is terrible. Yes, you can play in single player, but the AI of your partners is bad. There are mods available that can fix this however. Other than that, This game's presentation is really good. Overall, this is a fantastic game that absolutely must be played, especially if you have friends around. It can be hard to play alone, but if you use an advanced bots mod for the game it should work fine. I highly recommend playing this game if you like to play with friends, or if you just like to shoot zombies, or heck, even if you just like first-person shooters you will probably love this game! I can't recommend this game enough!
    Gameplay: 10/10
    Graphics: 10/10
    Presentation: 9/10
    Overall: 10/10
  32. Mar 8, 2014
    This is great fun to play with the steam workshop and l4dmaps.com mods and would be a 10/10, but without mods the game can get quite repetitive. The only good non-modded level is Dark Carnival.
  33. Feb 8, 2014
    Well, it has a very fascinating multiplayer. You can spend hours easily and don't even notice. It has so many mods and maps and they're all great, you'll never be bored. It's really entertaining but I can't say the same thing to single player. After all, forget the single player. Multiplayer will be enough for you. My score is 9 out of 10.
  34. Feb 9, 2014
    Amazing game, very creative. I cannot wait for the 3rd version to come out, hopefully containing many more weapons, infected character, humans, maps and game modes!
  35. Feb 13, 2014
    This is very good game. It has a lot of mods wich makes it even better. If you play it with your friends you need a lot of time to get bored of it but in about a month you come back to play and it gets cool again and you just can't stop playing it. Game sometimes (very rare times) lags or it just crahes but that's not a problem. You did great work Valve.
  36. Feb 26, 2014
    I gave this a 9...because of the online and mutliplayer...which are close to 10s imo.

The solo campaign is an eight. Still fun but does not shine the same.

There is nothing bad to say about the multiplayer. It is fast, fun, crazy and just as good as Left for Dead 1.
    For me, L4D 1 and 2 are the genre definer in FPS / Zombie / Survival.
  37. May 11, 2014
    Simply fantastic; the horde zoombies attacks is a classic scene that is used over and over and never makes you tired. It's a thriller that makes you creep and laughing at the same time. It's so good that makes the storyline absolutely dispensable!
  38. Sep 28, 2014
    It's an amazing game, i don't know why people are hating this game.
    It's the best co-op zombie game to play with your friends.
    It's easily the money worth
  39. Apr 16, 2014
    An amazing game, I could play it all day (but I don't have the time, lol). This game kicks ass and it has humor in it too! I recommend getting it on Steam for full experience!
  40. Apr 19, 2014
    I'm not really the one for blogging, but my professor for one of my college classes asked that I write an Essay review of a video game or movie that I like or dislike. I decided to go with my favorite game, L4D2.

Having been a huge fan of the original Left 4 Dead, I was looking forward to playing its next game, filled with new infected, new survives and new maps to play as well as new features. Aside from the few bugs (and lately playable zombie glitches and unfair favoring by the game during V.S) It is over all my favorite game of all time. Now, there are some things that keep it from being absolutely perfect in my book. The game seems to favor teams ins the V.S match, and the once overpowered Charger has become extremely inaccurate and mostly passes right threw the survives without catching them like it should.

On another note, It pleases me greatly with the PC game's updates. There are now more sayings that the characters like Coach, Ellis, Nick and Roshelle speak out during the game. They have become slightly more vulgar, and a lot more funny in terms of Ellis's random stories with "his buddy Keith" Im delighted to see such an improvement in their voice acting scripts. By far, my favorite saying is Coach's Cotton Candy speech during the Carnival campaign. Sitting on top of the food pyramid, passing judgement on all the lesser foods. Haha, gets me every time!

The game itself is amazing. Its graphics have a good, on the edge of your seat, feel to them. I play almost every night if I can with friends. For PC, people come up with amazing mods for it too! Skins and sounds for both characters and infected, as well as new downloadable maps and weapon skins. One of my favorites is the Pokemon "Gotta Cath'em all" theme song that plays every time the Tank appears in game. The freedom to mod such a good game makes it constantly refreshing. Another one I adore is a skin for the Smoker. This mod turns the Smoker into Slenderman. Always a thrill!

The L4D series should come out with another game, and soon! There are always constant ideas spilling out for new infected. There is always room to improve, even when a game is as good as this one. I'll never stop playing!
  41. Apr 21, 2014
    one of the best cooperative games ever, and it has zombies. Awesome. it uses the same engine as other valve games of course, which has a specific charm that I love even though it is not graphically beautiful. its not a realistic zombie game either, but its not intended to be, its intention is to be a fun destroy all sons of **** kind of game, which succeeds in wonderfully. Valve is knownone of the best cooperative games ever, and it has zombies. Awesome. it uses the same engine as other valve games of course, which has a specific charm that I love even though it is not graphically beautiful. its not a realistic zombie game either, but its not intended to be, its intention is to be a fun destroy all sons of **** kind of game, which succeeds in wonderfully. Valve is known to give great story telling as well, which it doesn't do in this game, but still awesome even though not necessarily a masterpiece Expand
  42. May 1, 2014
    This game is just an incredibly fun game. I don't think I've ever played an FPS game quite like this one. The community may be horrible but it's still fun, especially if you're playing with friends.
    My only problem with this is that the community is absolutely terrible. They votekick you for not having more than 1,000 hours of playtime. But then again, that's hardly the game's fault, it's more of the people's fault, so if you get this game I recommend playing with people you know.
  43. May 2, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Hi I like this game where zombies going crazy
    what's more cool pictures and I just had before the download in steam and cool cool
    and the most I like is the jockey and charger
    and for my only home game
  44. Nov 6, 2014
    The blood, the gore, the mods, the Fun, Oh my god this game is awesome. I didn't play Left 4 Dead one but when I saw steam had the sequel for £3.74 I jumped out of my seat. I do also own it on the Xbox 360 but none of my friends on that have this game.
  45. May 28, 2014
    Left4Dead2 Created in best traditions of Cooperative games,play only and only with friend!My Metascore 10/10.On steam i played 1,200 hours.The best FPS game with zombies!
  46. Jun 5, 2014
    One of the most fun games I ever had the enjoyment to play, released just a year or so after the prequel as well. After very extensive playing however (2000+ hours), the game starts to lose It's charm sharply thanks to lacking polish. The network can be VERY sketchy (especially If you try to melee pouncing hunters, etc) and most of the community these days are all premade ultra tryhardsOne of the most fun games I ever had the enjoyment to play, released just a year or so after the prequel as well. After very extensive playing however (2000+ hours), the game starts to lose It's charm sharply thanks to lacking polish. The network can be VERY sketchy (especially If you try to melee pouncing hunters, etc) and most of the community these days are all premade ultra tryhards searching for public lobbies to bully. Expand
  47. Jun 5, 2014
    A really fun game to play with friends. It really gets my heart racing at some points (especially witches, whoa). It's an exciting game, that isn't hard at all to pick up on, especially with other people. Careful with friendly fire though, I got yelled at a lot for that. The only downside was that I haven't really played it in a while, it's not something I'm always in the mood for.
  48. Jun 9, 2014
    To start off, I HATE FPS. It is one of the most repetitive and boring genre of gameplay.

However, L4D2 is very different. To start off, it is not the typical boring man shoots another man because of a war and **** like that. Instead, it involves something unique - zombies! Man shoots zombies otherwise their brains would be eaten. Amazing, isn't it? Furthermore, there are several maps, several weapons, and SEVERAL ZOMBIES WITH DIFFERENT TALENTS AND ABILITIES to keep you entertained. Not the typical boring and predictable human enemy. You also get a chance to be a zombie and battle humans in the multiplayer mode.

To summarize, this game (despite my hatred to FPS) is AMAZING!
  49. Jun 11, 2014
    This title is an excellent entry in the zombie genre. The game definitely shines the brightest when played with friends, but I find the single player goddamn enjoyable as well. Not does it only give you hours of challenging, but fun time in the campaign, the multiplayer modes extend the fun so far, that you can have a good time with it, even to this day. The only flaw I had with it was theThis title is an excellent entry in the zombie genre. The game definitely shines the brightest when played with friends, but I find the single player goddamn enjoyable as well. Not does it only give you hours of challenging, but fun time in the campaign, the multiplayer modes extend the fun so far, that you can have a good time with it, even to this day. The only flaw I had with it was the slight repetition with the campaigns, but seriously, blowing away the heads of those stupid undead people never gets old, shall it be with an axe or a shotgun. Expand
  50. Jul 19, 2014
    A Fantastic game to play with your friends and with strangers! A bit glitchy here and there but overall Valve Corporation have really shown their capability with L4D2
  51. Dec 18, 2014
    Zombie lovers, this is a game that is a must buy. The campaign was so much fun to play. But the best thing about the game is the Multiplayer online. They have a **** ton of games to do online and it's a lot of fun. Not only that, you can start a co-op in the campaign. Plus all the DLC for the xbox 360 also that follow the campaign from the start. Best part is that they brought back theZombie lovers, this is a game that is a must buy. The campaign was so much fun to play. But the best thing about the game is the Multiplayer online. They have a **** ton of games to do online and it's a lot of fun. Not only that, you can start a co-op in the campaign. Plus all the DLC for the xbox 360 also that follow the campaign from the start. Best part is that they brought back the original crew from the original left 4 dead. Nothing negative comes to mind. This game is hella fun. Expand
  52. Jul 8, 2014
    Super Hra je to boží.Dávám 7 bodu.je to super hra. je tam kampan a hovno ajdjhdhdhdhdhdhhdhdhdhdhdhdhzdhdhdhdhddhhdhdjdfhdjhfudfheudhfdufgzertzrgtzjhnudhfzehr
  53. Jul 14, 2014
    Left 4 Dead 2 raises the bar by adding new features, zombies, weapons, maps and characters. I really love playing the levels with friends and other players. I love the feature: Versus mode but the one thing I really hate about it is that the people who play on versus mode are jerks. They kick you out for either no reason, being a noob, making a mistake, for not playing enough hours. TheLeft 4 Dead 2 raises the bar by adding new features, zombies, weapons, maps and characters. I really love playing the levels with friends and other players. I love the feature: Versus mode but the one thing I really hate about it is that the people who play on versus mode are jerks. They kick you out for either no reason, being a noob, making a mistake, for not playing enough hours. The multiplayer community can be harsh on pc but I heard the xbox 360 players are alot nicer. Expand
  54. Jul 19, 2014
    Left 4 dead 2 est vraiment un jeu pour se défoulé , où le but est de défoncé du zombie a l’état brute avec des potes . En plus grâce au Workshop on peu rajouter du contenu au jeu ce qui n'est pas négligeable pour ce genre de jeu où il n'a pas de réelle scénario . Perso au bout d'un moment je m'en suis un peu ennuie dessus . Mais reste quand un même un bon jeu .
  55. Sep 25, 2014
    An overall fun and entertaining coop game. The levels are well made and the multiplayer modes are decent and the combat is a lot of fun. I wish there were more levels and a little more content though.
  56. Aug 15, 2014
    Many people won't like this game because its the same. I say to that, why fix what's not broken. This game took what we all loved in Left 4 Dead 1 and improved it with more weapons, more enemies, more love able characters, and better co-op. Without a doubt, this is one of the best co-op zombie games I've seen.
  57. Nov 14, 2014
    Was a great game and if you have friends who play this it's a 8,5. Without friends it seems there's only russians and russian servers (live in the middle of europe), they shoot everybody who isn't russian and speak orcish so theres no actual co-op. As a singleplayer only game that it is nowadays I have to give it a measly 5.
  58. Dec 14, 2014
    If you have a full team of friends (3 others for coop or 7 others for versus) its a great game, probably an 8/10.
    If you try to play with randoms, its not any good.
    If you try to play with randoms, its not any good.

Features that punish bad behaviour are non-existant. This means that you RARELY finish a whole game of versus with everyone that started. This also means that, even if you find a close game without leavers, it is very easy to ruin the game. Its possible to swap teams at the start of each map, allowing you to teamkill/suicide. If you aren't invested in a game, you can simply join a random game, teamkill/suicide, and leave. Suddenly that entire game is ruined because of one intentionally bad player. This applies mostly to versus, but also to high difficulty co-op.

L4d2 also failed to add the ability to easily download custom maps and play with others. While most games with custom maps will automatically download it for you when connecting to a server, such as Team Fortress 2, l4d2 decided to force players to manually install maps. If you try to play the map online, you are probably stuck by yourself or playing on a laggy LAN.
  59. Oct 11, 2014
    The greatest FPS ever created. Good AI, awesome team play and well done graphics. The bonus of fan created add-on campaigns and mods makes for near endless fresh gaming.
  60. Dec 16, 2014
    The Game is really cool and I play it a lot, but it could have been better, because it's to similar to Left 4 Dead and I know its a Sequel but they could have added more stuff
  61. Dec 27, 2014
    Left 4 Dead 2, this game is just awesome, you can even make a model and put it into game and play it with that add-on, just awesome. I really enjoy play this game with my friends..
  62. Nov 8, 2011
    an FPS game that is brilliant! the gameplay is awsome for a fps, the guns are awsome but lack a little variety. The only reason to really buy this game is to play online, single player id give it a 6, multiplayer online is a for sure 10. The replayability in this game is great, youll notice yourself playing it after you get bored at first from time to time and casually play it here andan FPS game that is brilliant! the gameplay is awsome for a fps, the guns are awsome but lack a little variety. The only reason to really buy this game is to play online, single player id give it a 6, multiplayer online is a for sure 10. The replayability in this game is great, youll notice yourself playing it after you get bored at first from time to time and casually play it here and there. great game online, well worth the buy. Collapse

L4D2 delivers multiple improvements over its predecessor, and I get to keep all my fingers and toes.
    It remains one of the most distinctive co-operative titles out there, and allows for some of the most nerve-searing team-based multiplayer gaming on the market.
  3. Whereas once we treated Left 4 Dead as a stopgap between Half-Lifes, this is no longer a weird little side project with modest expectations, and Valve is confident enough to play around with it, safe in the knowledge that you can trust your players. Left 4 Dead proved it. And whereas that game had a personality, this one is overflowing with it.