Left 4 Dead 2 PC

8.5

1. May 31, 2013
    Left for Dead 2 is undoubtedly the best zombie game I have ever played. The game honestly is a complete blast--- I could go on about it, but I will simply say this: get the game. And if you already have it, go buy another and give it to one of your friends.
  2. Jul 30, 2013
    Before I start, I would just like to say this is not a bad game, however it is an incredibly overrated game. I have played this game extensively- especially with friends. Despite this it is not deserving of a 8 or even 7 out of 10.
    First off; all the zombies feel like cardboard, all weapons rip them to pieces with little or no effort, there is little difference from the first Left 4 dead, the physics doesn't quite feel right- as if the earth's gravitational field strength has decreased since the zombie outbreak. This game would never be good without friends, no seriously lone wolves barely touch the game.
    The main reason distinguishing this from a 5/10 is the fact that it has an extensive modding scene- the only thing that keeps the game going...
  3. Aug 20, 2013
    Left 4 Dead 2, this game is just awesome, you can even make a model and put it into game and play it with that add-on, just awesome. I really enjoy this game!
  4. May 14, 2011
    This is an amazing game. Valve has put a lot of effort into balancing the game and improving its graphics, and it makes for an enjoyable multiplayer experience with friends. However, the game has quite a few fundamental flaws. The versus games often end very early due to a whole team ragequitting. This makes it very difficult to actually play an enjoyable game. The single player mode isThis is an amazing game. Valve has put a lot of effort into balancing the game and improving its graphics, and it makes for an enjoyable multiplayer experience with friends. However, the game has quite a few fundamental flaws. The versus games often end very early due to a whole team ragequitting. This makes it very difficult to actually play an enjoyable game. The single player mode is unplayable, there is no way to work with a team of bots. The ability to restart a chapter or return to a lobby is often abused by teams when they first lose. A game can be lost because a single player will not cooperate, and either rushes or uses his own strategy.There are many greifers. Though many of these issues are beyond valve's control, they severely detract from the experience of the game. I do not recommend you buy this game unless you have at least one or two friends who will play it with you to avoid these issues with the multiplayer game. Expand
  5. Nov 30, 2010
    People say that this is a poor attempt at sequel but I have to disagree. Its done very nicely and the online mode runs very smoothly. The AI is very intelligent and honestly smarter than most players online. The difficulty levels are true to there name and are actually hard.
  6. Mar 8, 2011
    Decent game, although they didn't change that much from the original L4D i still enjoyed it. The promised revamped AI director wasn't as amazing. The voice acting(especially rochelle) hasn't been as good. The new alarm events, new infected, and new gamemode (including mutation) are pretty creative and fun though. Although campaign can get too easy and boring over time, i feel the strengthDecent game, although they didn't change that much from the original L4D i still enjoyed it. The promised revamped AI director wasn't as amazing. The voice acting(especially rochelle) hasn't been as good. The new alarm events, new infected, and new gamemode (including mutation) are pretty creative and fun though. Although campaign can get too easy and boring over time, i feel the strength of this game lies in its multiplayer. It is immensely fun to play with friends, whether you are dominating in pubs or are playing against challenging opponents. There are learning curves and strategies to play both the infected and survivor, and valve designed it so it is easy to pick up for beginners, while maintaining a high skill ceiling for advance players to hone their tricks. Once again Valve never disappoints. Expand
  7. Mar 22, 2012
    Better than first Left 4 Dead but still there is many things bothering. Rage quits are biggest problem in multiplayer and many times game ends before first map is finished. Game also gets pretty hard when players get better. Infected can not let survivors go when someone is coming to rescue them and kill you and Jockeys should have similar skills with Hunter; Bounce damage and skill toBetter than first Left 4 Dead but still there is many things bothering. Rage quits are biggest problem in multiplayer and many times game ends before first map is finished. Game also gets pretty hard when players get better. Infected can not let survivors go when someone is coming to rescue them and kill you and Jockeys should have similar skills with Hunter; Bounce damage and skill to jump from wall to wall. How ever game was very entertaining for several months after it was released and DLC maps were "ok". There is also no sense to buy original Left 4 Dead because all maps are now available in this game. This was one of my favorite games but now I'm waiting something new from Valve. Expand
  8. Apr 25, 2013
    Hectic, chaotic fun and memorable characters. Plenty of game modes and fun mods to enjoy. If you've never played the original it's fine because the original missions are put in the game for free with improved graphics and gameplay. A must have for zombie fans.
  9. Aug 15, 2013
    One of my personal favorite games every.

One of my personal favorite games every.

Left 4 Dead 2 takes the Left 4 Dead series to a whole new level. While the story can be a bit hard to figure out if you don't play it as much as the others, you still can get the full jest of the game. The characters and zombies are unforgettable and put a smile on your face as you blast through waves of zombies and special's with a group of friends as you listen to those zingy one liners they characters love to through out.

As much as I love this game, it does have its flaws. Left 4 Dead 2 can be a real pain if you're playing with bots. They said they upped the A.I upon coming out but that's debatable. The bots tend to get abit lower than stupid and can be a real hassle to try and keep alive. Most of the time its best to just shoot them dead and move on.

While the main story campaigns are nice, its nicer when you have all the custom community created campaigns to play as well. While Valve has tried getting some over to the consoles, it's best you own the PC version if you want to experience this game to the fullest when it comes to mods. After all, this is a Valve game and it was made to be very mod-able for PC. Valve is a PC company, after all.

All in all, its an amazing game to play with a group of friends if you're bored and just want to have fun. If you're very competitive, you can also play the Versus mode which pits a team of humans against a team of player controlled zombies. Very fun, good game to have a good time in. If you don't own it on PC, steam usually puts it on sale for 5 bucks every few weeks.
  10. Feb 24, 2014
    This game is awesome. So Very Cleverly Designed off the HL2 engine. It has one hell of a Co Op with some very talented artificial intelligence, where if you don't like online, or just want to play with one friend. You can kick some Major Butt. If you go online expect some noobishness. But if you find a good crew, work together, talk on the Mic, you can get through these challenges.This game is awesome. So Very Cleverly Designed off the HL2 engine. It has one hell of a Co Op with some very talented artificial intelligence, where if you don't like online, or just want to play with one friend. You can kick some Major Butt. If you go online expect some noobishness. But if you find a good crew, work together, talk on the Mic, you can get through these challenges. Some are outright insane with the Amount of Zombies to Kill. So much fun. Now lets go kill some zombies. remember rule number 1. Cardio. and of course. always, double tap. Expand
  11. Sep 28, 2014
    It's an amazing game, i don't know why people are hating this game.
    It's the best co-op zombie game to play with your friends.
    It's easily the money worth
  12. Apr 16, 2014
    An amazing game, I could play it all day (but I don't have the time, lol). This game kicks ass and it has humor in it too! I recommend getting it on Steam for full experience!
  13. Jun 7, 2014
    The intense game-play, the weapons... The teamwork all just fits together in harmony when playing L4D2... I really wish a few things would change however these things are not even worth saying... Seriously good game and a worth sequel to L4D1.!
  14. Aug 5, 2016
    The game has a spectacular game play and even new weapons, I say that I'd love the l4d, but there are tons of workshop mods and new maps to enjoy, u can play with friends to enjoy this game
  15. Sep 30, 2016
    It's a pretty nice game to be honest, but truthfully, it could do better on the story and let me know where the heck I'm supposed to go better, but other than that, it a great zombie game to play.
  16. Mar 13, 2011
    This game is fantastic. One of my top five of all time... co-op is fun and engaging if you get a good team together, and the mod community is top notch.
  17. Dec 27, 2010
    Simply one of the best and most original games I have played in years and years. Hands down. And I'm a tough reviewer. If you have any doubt, try it. You won't regret it.

Redefines co-op gameplay and has enough play options to keep you entertained for months.
  18. Jan 30, 2011
    I always have a good time on this game with my buddies, both in this and in Left 4 Dead. With custom content you'll never get bored. You can also make your own maps and skins for it if you take the time to learn. Great game, but make sure you have some friends to enjoy it with, and some free time to get good at the game!
  19. Feb 16, 2011
    This is one of those games that can eat 800+ hours of your life away and keep you coming back for more. For that one fact alone I give it a 10. My money was well spent. There are many modes to keep it fresh and enjoyable. Cooperation within a team is a must. The replay factor and fun factor are simply through the roof. L4D and L4D2 are both worth the investment.
  20. Mar 17, 2011
    An absolutely amazing game I enjoyed playing for many hours already and the constant Mutation changes and custom maps always add a new replay value to it. If you don't have it you should definitely get it, the 4 player Co-Op campaign is simply amazing (although there are a lot of e.g. 16 players co-op servers for extra fun) and survival too. I believe I will play it a lot soon cause of theAn absolutely amazing game I enjoyed playing for many hours already and the constant Mutation changes and custom maps always add a new replay value to it. If you don't have it you should definitely get it, the 4 player Co-Op campaign is simply amazing (although there are a lot of e.g. 16 players co-op servers for extra fun) and survival too. I believe I will play it a lot soon cause of the upcoming Cold Stream DLC including a new awesome map and the rest of the L4D1 campaign. Expand
  21. Jul 7, 2011
    If it weren't for the 90% of players I've played with that were complete *******, I would've given this game a 8 or 9. Unfortunettely I can't enjoy a game where almost everyone game I've joined, there will be some elitist **** that'll complain about everything, rip through the map while leaving the rest of the team behind, and won't help their teammates for ****.
  22. Nov 12, 2011
    great 7.1 surround sound support, Great stereoscopic 3D support, great multilayer experience. It isn't anything different than the first but it is still just as fun. need I say more?
  23. Dec 11, 2011
    Left 4 Dead 2 is an enjoyable game to play. Like most games these days the game shines more in the multiplayer aspect and the numerous mods and addons that one can acquire through various means. These addons and multiplayer flavors are where the fun is. The single player is tolerable and is fun to play when bored but the AI really is sub par (the other survivors have god-like accuracy butLeft 4 Dead 2 is an enjoyable game to play. Like most games these days the game shines more in the multiplayer aspect and the numerous mods and addons that one can acquire through various means. These addons and multiplayer flavors are where the fun is. The single player is tolerable and is fun to play when bored but the AI really is sub par (the other survivors have god-like accuracy but are dumb as a rock in relation to self preservation, i feel as if i am babysitting them in most situations). But if you are playing L4D:2 you need to be playing it with other people as the additional survivors or as the special infected. In summation the game as a whole is worth playing and is highly replayable, but if you are more of a loner and play singleplayer exclusively then you may want to overlook this title and perhaps pick up another zombie shooter that caters to the storyline and solo play. Expand
  24. Jan 8, 2012
    Left 4 dead 2 is a pretty epic game....... Its awesome game for xbox pc and mac i really love that game..............................................
  25. Apr 19, 2013
    As I hit 500 hours played in Left 4 Dead 2 I figure it's a good time to share my opinion with anyone who is considering picking this game up during one of the Steam sales. Just try it!

Even if all you do is run through the campaigns with bots or random online players I'm sure you'll get your money's worth. The real excitement comes in the team competitive modes such as Versus, Scavenge or when you have the experience, Realism Versus.

Sometimes it's a little tough to get a balanced match going with teammates that have a clue but it is always worth it in the end. Love the environments like Dead Center, Dark Carnival (zombies on a rollercoaster track? yes please) and No Mercy. I can only describe playing as the special infected as engrossing and totally addictive--I've literally fallen out of my chair when I play as the Charger and miss the survivors with my charge, slamming my big dumb hillbilly zombie into a concrete wall.
  26. Oct 29, 2013
    This is by no means a terrible game, however, it is incredibly overrated. The shooting mechanics are pretty sub-par and the inability to aim down your site is a tad disappointing. The overall pace of the game is nice and fast pace, as a zombie survival game should be. The characters in my honest opinion are terrible, and completely unrelateable (except for Coach... i like coach). AThis is by no means a terrible game, however, it is incredibly overrated. The shooting mechanics are pretty sub-par and the inability to aim down your site is a tad disappointing. The overall pace of the game is nice and fast pace, as a zombie survival game should be. The characters in my honest opinion are terrible, and completely unrelateable (except for Coach... i like coach). A very strong "fun but overhyped" feeling. Expand
  27. Jun 5, 2013
    Worst than first game, silly melee weapons (frying pan, you kidding me?) and lammer items like defibrillators, worst cast, and full of bugs and missed or broken stuff, mainly the animations and hitboxes.
  28. Oct 29, 2013
    Left 4 Dead 2 is probably the best co-op experience you can find. It throws you into the zombie apocalypse, where you have to work with others to survive. Gameplay wise, it is challenging as the many special infected ambush you from all sides, and the annoying common infected just keep coming. Weapons and ammo stacks are scattered for you to find. Gameplay might be slightly repetitive butLeft 4 Dead 2 is probably the best co-op experience you can find. It throws you into the zombie apocalypse, where you have to work with others to survive. Gameplay wise, it is challenging as the many special infected ambush you from all sides, and the annoying common infected just keep coming. Weapons and ammo stacks are scattered for you to find. Gameplay might be slightly repetitive but it doesn't harm that much overall when you play with friends.

Looking at story, you would think that zombie games don't need story to be great. In this case, it is somewhat true. The story is tiny, saying that New Orleans is a safe zone, and the survivors head there. At the same time, you learn more about the people you are playing as and with. The game is also not short on humour with some weird stories of Ellis' friend Keith to the alerts and jokes made by the survivors.

There are many things that are improved upon from Left 4 Dead, improving the AI, adding fresh new zombies to battle and using several techniques to control your weapon choice, and of course melee weapons are added. After that, Valve does an excellent move by taking all the campaigns and characters from the original, add the new mechanics and improvements and put it into one game as a free DLC. A smart and clever move by Valve.

Not forgetting replayability, where the game gets a bit boring after completing all campaigns. However, hopping into the game with friends is always fun and fresh, and you can choose to cooperate or leave each other for dead.

But all this cannot be as great without the giant modding community. The modding community adds many things including humour through character skins, new campaigns to keep you in the game, and small modifications to minor things. With the SDK, many types of weird mods can be created, including mods to change the special infected appearance, alter the music, weapon skins, right down to animations. All this keeps the game fresh and easy to get back to. And it is made easier with the Steam Workshop.

Often updated with new features like mutations, Valve allows you to return to the game with ease. All this plus intense zombie action gives you the grand co-op experience. Play with a friend or alone, it doesn't matter as both will prove fun and satisfying. Grab Left 4 Dead 2 on Steam or try it out during a free weekend.
  29. Jul 11, 2016
    It's a good game.
    Even if you say that "hurr durr it's like a DLC", guess what, it's still a good game.
    Because it costs 5$.
    5$ for new weapons, defibrillator, adrenaline and new maps.

Five. Dollars.
  30. Aug 15, 2014
    Many people won't like this game because its the same. I say to that, why fix what's not broken. This game took what we all loved in Left 4 Dead 1 and improved it with more weapons, more enemies, more love able characters, and better co-op. Without a doubt, this is one of the best co-op zombie games I've seen.
  31. Dec 31, 2014
    Playing this with friends is amazingly fun especially with 4 player co op. Having other game modes to import more entertainment is fine with such as the survivor gameplay.
  32. Dec 16, 2014
    The Game is really cool and I play it a lot, but it could have been better, because it's to similar to Left 4 Dead and I know its a Sequel but they could have added more stuff
  33. Oct 24, 2015
    This game is really fun, really enjoyable and something I could play often. Just... the story isn't that much changed as for the first one. Just new characters. I happy we meet the old characters of course!

I like it, like the small story change, like the different things added and... yeah. Great game when you come to it.
  34. Jul 5, 2016
    left 4 dead 2 es un fps en el cual heres un sobreviente del apocalipsis zombi y deves sobrevivir con tus 3 compañeros, es un juego sentrado solo en el multijugador ,pero si quieres jugar solo esta bien ya que es igual de entretenido.PERO por defecto el juego no tiene campaña ya que solo se trata de ir al punto A al B.el jueo pude volverce repetitivo ya que tiene pocos hecenarios en elleft 4 dead 2 es un fps en el cual heres un sobreviente del apocalipsis zombi y deves sobrevivir con tus 3 compañeros, es un juego sentrado solo en el multijugador ,pero si quieres jugar solo esta bien ya que es igual de entretenido.PERO por defecto el juego no tiene campaña ya que solo se trata de ir al punto A al B.el jueo pude volverce repetitivo ya que tiene pocos hecenarios en el juego aunque esto se remedia ya que puedes descargar mapas que creo la comunidad y la compania.Graficamente se ve bien y les haceguro que les va a dar horas de entretenimiento Expand
  35. Sep 25, 2010
    It is the best game in the world! In it there is all - Replaying, fascination, she class, interesting. I say thank big to developers! In Russia game costs 600 roubles - the real price for such game! First a part of game much more interesting - she interesting and characters is more attractive than the second part better...
    All I shall advise to get this game, you will not regret cent, you
    All I shall advise to get this game, you will not regret cent, you will be keen in this game for a long time and if you have friends - that tell and let they will buy it, they will not regret!
  36. May 21, 2011
    This is one of the best game ever. Plenty of fun with friends and a very enjoyable versus mode. The coop system is the best ever seen in the games history. The animations are incredibly fluid, some of the best I've seen so far in a game. The dialogues are great, the characters say a lot of different things and are never annoying or ripetitive. Definitely a masterpiece!
  37. Apr 22, 2013
    The reason for rewarding Left 4 dead 2 a pure 10, is simple. There is no competitor out there to what this game delivers and what it delivers is great. Even 4 years after it came out, it is still the absolute most fun co-op game out there, with up to 4 people. Even greater is the versus mode, where 2 teams of 4 take turn playing the special effected. It's easy to get into, so great forThe reason for rewarding Left 4 dead 2 a pure 10, is simple. There is no competitor out there to what this game delivers and what it delivers is great. Even 4 years after it came out, it is still the absolute most fun co-op game out there, with up to 4 people. Even greater is the versus mode, where 2 teams of 4 take turn playing the special effected. It's easy to get into, so great for newcomers and hard to master. Expand
  38. Jan 5, 2012
    It's the same Left 4 Dead! Why deceive people? Why create a CLONE? The creation of games - the art! The art does not make money! If, nevertheless, the game discuss, in the first place there begins to annoy (for some reason, can only me) music (Soundtrack: HL2 - best, L4D2 - fail).
  39. Jul 28, 2012
    Absolute wonderful multiplayer and coop experience. If you dont know whats that game is about, google it or try it out, you wont be disappointed.
    The only thing that makes that game as enjoyable as eating a bile of **** is, that the average player you have to play with or against, is a retarded 12 year old, or a 40 year old virgin nerd, who is playing like he invented the aimbot.
    All

All in all, if you play that game with good ppl or ppl that you can call your friends, you will enjoy it nearly like no other coop game.
  40. Jan 7, 2013
    This is a great game,all the melee weapons are very functional and fun to use,new better maps,only bad thing about this game are newbies that can sometimes completely ruin the game for you.
  41. Mar 9, 2013
    This game is great, simple with very few elements of tactics but crucial to winning if your not familiar with the game. Graphics are good enough, but not awe inspiring. Servers are pretty good, support sucks but hey, very few people have GOOD support. The community is the one thing that really lets down L4D2, on vs people will kick you out of the server rather than help teach youThis game is great, simple with very few elements of tactics but crucial to winning if your not familiar with the game. Graphics are good enough, but not awe inspiring. Servers are pretty good, support sucks but hey, very few people have GOOD support. The community is the one thing that really lets down L4D2, on vs people will kick you out of the server rather than help teach you anything. Co-op has a much better attitude to it. The skill level is awesome, you can find an easy survivable campaign if your new, If you have some trusted friends that know what there doing, you can start going for the really hard settings and get your ass whupped. Expand
  42. Apr 30, 2013
    This is one of the best zombie games i have ever played, the engine is amazing, the gameplay is engaging and the overall variety of this game gives it an amazing replay value. This replay value has been boosted by valve releasing addon content through steam. The game is well worth the money now.
  43. Jul 12, 2013
    In all fairness, the game is almost 4 years old at the time of this review and things like the graphics are somewhat forgivable, however even the for the period, they are a little light. The AI is tremendously stupid and the UI is nonexistent. I was really hoping for something more than a simple and random shooter, spraying away at zombie body parts. At first the spray and pray isIn all fairness, the game is almost 4 years old at the time of this review and things like the graphics are somewhat forgivable, however even the for the period, they are a little light. The AI is tremendously stupid and the UI is nonexistent. I was really hoping for something more than a simple and random shooter, spraying away at zombie body parts. At first the spray and pray is entertain however quickly looses its luster. The other players can get extremely annoying, especially if they leave their mic open. The direction and mission focus of the game is completely mind boggling at first and you literally have no idea in the world as to where to go or the point of your actions. The storyline pretty much starts and stops with the introduction/advertisement cinematic. Expand
  44. Jul 14, 2013
    Where to begin...
    Left 4 Dead 2 Is a Co-op zombie shooter like no other.
    It involves elements such as: forcing the player to make a hard choice using the last medical kit on yourself or a teammate, both of you are badly wounded, going back for a player that was downed right when the escape vehicle arrives.). An A.I Director that places the zombies, health items and weapons, Based on
    Where to begin...
    Left 4 Dead 2 Is a Co-op zombie shooter like no other.

An A.I Director that places the zombies, health items and weapons, Based on how the survivors are doing. Last stage felt like cake-walk?
    The A.I Director makes sure items are harder to find and increases the amount of zombies spawned.

Unique zombies called "special infected" are also waiting for you in the shadows.
    Ranging from the long-tongued "Smoker", to the large-armed "Charger", to the hulking mas of muscle known as the "Tank".

The weapons have 2 to 3 tiers of effectiveness, (damage, mix of the two, accuracy) and in the vast weaponry of Left 4 Dead 2.
    You'll be able to find assault rifles, pump and full auto shotguns, sniper rifles, SMGs and even grenade launchers and M60 machine guns! There's also grenade-like weapons such as the molotov.

There's lots more to talk about, like the ability to modifiy your game so that you're holding sliver M1911's instead of a glock and USP45 or playing on an entirely user-made map. But there are some things to find for yourself..

Overall, this game gets a 8 out of 10.
    The game is innovative and full of modifications, but as you play into your 100th hour.
    You can memorize events, event triggers and Tank spawning positions. As well as the shortest route on a stage and where all the weapon and item spawning points are, so that destroys the scavenging aspect. So online Co-op with random players and the random horde events are the only thing you can count on being unexpected.
    These are only my thoughts, try it out for yourself at a friends house or when a steam free weekend event occurs.
  45. Jul 15, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Welcome to your South eastern part of America filled with zombies, Left 4 Dead 2 is filled with many experiences, starting in the region of Savannah, Georgia to the end of New Orleans, Louisiana. The characters itself is amazing, four character with terrific characteristics, Ellis, a redneck that has a very big crush on Zoey a character from the first game, Coach, a wise man, known for his cheeseburgers, Rochelle, a normal girl that is apart of News 10, and works as a producer, and Nick, your average guy that mocks every word you say, and as well for the Left 4 Dead characters there is Zoey, a teenage girl, working in college, she watchs MANY horror/zombie movies, meaning she is all ready for the zombie apocalypse, Bill, a elder of the whole group, like Coach, he is always watching for whats going to happen, Louis, a pill addict, or in a serious way, a business manager, very optimistic and positive, and Francis, a though man, but with a negative attitude with the whole team. The other thing is the game's plot, amazing traveling in the North east, and as I said before, the South east, I'd say, use your $20 on this game, I SWEAR, you will not regret it. Expand
  46. Apr 15, 2014
    This game on PC is where you can get the most for your money, steam workshop and mod support increase the games experience by miles. The game is very fun and yet encourages good team work overall. the enemas are well spread out through out the game, rather than 7 tanks coming at you at once.
  47. May 1, 2014
    Being new to the Left 4 Dead games - and PC gaming in general - I was unsure what to expect. However, after raking in nearly 20 hours of playtime in a single weekend it is easy to say that L4D2 is ridiculously good fun. The campaign contains multiple missions which can be played cooperatively or alone (if you're brave enough!) Out of all of the thrilling moments that the game has to offer;Being new to the Left 4 Dead games - and PC gaming in general - I was unsure what to expect. However, after raking in nearly 20 hours of playtime in a single weekend it is easy to say that L4D2 is ridiculously good fun. The campaign contains multiple missions which can be played cooperatively or alone (if you're brave enough!) Out of all of the thrilling moments that the game has to offer; running along the roller coaster in 'Dark Carnival' quickly became the highlight for me.

If the campaign feels repetitive, there are many other exciting game modes available that allow you to play alongside other players online or as a competitive special infected zombie. The witch is an iconic zombie within the game that can quickly lead a group to panic as suspenseful music thickens the atmosphere. Although the game was released nearly five years ago, their is still an active community which will keep you entertained for hours. Definitely worth a play!
  48. Oct 9, 2013
    Amazing game, great community and many modifications that can completely change your game style from a new skin to a completely new campaign. This game is great to play with a friend because well your teaming up to kill zombies! Cooperation is a huge thing in this game you run off to far ahead you die you don't talk to your teammates about strategies you die, you don't share supplies withAmazing game, great community and many modifications that can completely change your game style from a new skin to a completely new campaign. This game is great to play with a friend because well your teaming up to kill zombies! Cooperation is a huge thing in this game you run off to far ahead you die you don't talk to your teammates about strategies you die, you don't share supplies with your teammates they die which means you have a better chance of being killed in the long run every second counts in the game and I think its a perfect combination of a horror/survival game to a cooperation game Expand
  49. May 28, 2014
    Left4Dead2 Created in best traditions of Cooperative games,play only and only with friend!My Metascore 10/10.On steam i played 1,200 hours.The best FPS game with zombies!
  50. Dec 27, 2014
    Left 4 Dead 2, this game is just awesome, you can even make a model and put it into game and play it with that add-on, just awesome. I really enjoy play this game with my friends..
  51. Oct 24, 2015
    I hate zombies, really hate zombies, but for this game, I had to miss because it is one of the most successful co-op games ever been .Only problem of the game is that you need to have at least two friends who also have a game ,otherwise it's not that.
    Especially if your friend lying on the ground and screaming, "What the **** are you doing ?!"
  52. Nov 15, 2015
    super a game vuhuhuhuhuhuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
  53. Nov 22, 2015
    Left 4 Dead is another great game that developed by Valve company. The extraordinary graphic of this game is just stunning. Valve added some new special zombies into the game. You can find a lot of mod in the workshop and they are all free to download. You will have more fun when playing this game with your friends.
  54. Jan 17, 2017
    great game, lets talk about most negatives on here, people complaining that left 4 dead 2 should be a dlc basically, why this one game should be a dlc but endless call of dutys shouldnt.
    people getting upset because the campaigns in single player arent the best, this game was made for VS mode which is why there is a vast difference between l4d1s specials being for the most part guaranteed cappers compared to l4d2s requiring a form of prediction and aim
  55. jonaspal
    Jan 9, 2010
    this game is AWESOME i mean like all the gore, teamwork, skill and, this is a new game. sure i agree that the original is very similar but still it isnt the same. people who say that this game is bad because of valve took more money for this one should stop and think for a sec, i mean is the game bad or the developer? And people who say this doesnt have a story, i mean do you want a good this game is AWESOME i mean like all the gore, teamwork, skill and, this is a new game. sure i agree that the original is very similar but still it isnt the same. people who say that this game is bad because of valve took more money for this one should stop and think for a sec, i mean is the game bad or the developer? And people who say this doesnt have a story, i mean do you want a good story or do you want ot get out there and kill zombies without seeing like kleiner ''starting zombie information NOW'' or ''omg my knee it hurts help me'' i mean &%/%¤¤... wait a sec im just getting so frustrated over this. Some guy here has said that this game is just mods slapped together from counter strike, WHAT?! MODS!?!??! this makes no sence so if i was to make a mod to a game where you have weapons to some game you would say that alll games have taken mods from other games? Expand
  56. Onslaught
    Jan 30, 2010
    This game only gets a "fair" or "median" because of: No radar. Come on, why no radar? Is this supposed to add to the cliche horror shooter left 4 dead is supposed to be? Radars in team-based games are crucial and any one title without it just is... stupid. NO real distinguishable features for "special" infected. ONLY when they're leagues away from your location will they be This game only gets a "fair" or "median" because of: No radar. Come on, why no radar? Is this supposed to add to the cliche horror shooter left 4 dead is supposed to be? Radars in team-based games are crucial and any one title without it just is... stupid. NO real distinguishable features for "special" infected. ONLY when they're leagues away from your location will they be highlighted. Better yet, why not just highlight your TEAMMATES at all times? Why not show pointers on the screen (left, right side maybe?) to where your teammates are or where they're going? The Sound emulation for L4D2 is sub-par at best. For a $50 game I'd expect to rely on my headphones to tell me where the sounds are coming from (CS;S, predecessor of L4D with its useless radio commands, mouse-wheel change functionality has better sound emulation than this supposedly block-buster title). Retarded game modes, friendly fire that scales up with difficulty levels? All it takes is a dumb or punk teammate to kill you or severely wound you to ruin your game. Water. The water in this game feels like tar. Your movement speed is severely hampered by even water that goes as high as your ankles. Invisible AoEs on all effects (acid, fire), making them larger than they appear on-screen. Awful damage output on guns. Melee weapons are one-hit kills for 90% of the infected throughout the game. Why can't guns be a bit more powerful or melee weapons scaled down? The chainsaw, however, has a fuel gauge and runs out of gas quickly after excessive use. Some good points with this game does include the fact it has friendly fire to make it more realistic. Valve DOES support their active titles frequently and bugs do get fixed sooner rather than later versus some other games. Assorted weapons? Though most of them pump out the same damage a few different decals are nice? This game has been overinflated by hype and anticipation, period. I wouldn't have purchased this title myself (this game was given to me as a gift). My expectations of this game were a lot higher than most other fanboys would have. The graphics aren't much of an improvement over the first and most importantly the gameplay hasn't changed a single bit. This game definitely should've been marketed, and charged as a DLC, not an official standalone game. I would NOT recommend this game to someone who hasn't played any zombie-shooting game in the past. Frankly, Counter-Strike: Source is only $10 US through steam store and BORDERLANDS offers much more fun gameplay at the same price bracket as L4D2 only seems to last about 2 weeks top and dulls out real fast. Expand
  57. jackp
    Jan 5, 2010
    This game is better then the first one in every way. However the friendly A.I are pretty much useless most of the time but that said it doesn't affect game play all that much. Also I don't get why people say valve are milking for more money when it couldnt have been an expansion. The sheer amount of content in this game would have meant that the separate expansions needed to add This game is better then the first one in every way. However the friendly A.I are pretty much useless most of the time but that said it doesn't affect game play all that much. Also I don't get why people say valve are milking for more money when it couldnt have been an expansion. The sheer amount of content in this game would have meant that the separate expansions needed to add it to the new game would cost pretty much the same if not even more then this game does. The only reason it got a 9 and not a 10 is because of the friendly A.I... Expand
  58. TimothyK
    Jan 6, 2010
    Just adding my 2 cents as well... Look I have almost a nickel. Anyhow I feel like I should comment more on the complainers about Valve trying to make money than the actual game. People are actually mad that a company is trying to make money? Do we all want to live in Soviet Russia or what? Guess what a lot of companies do that, they don't stop making cars in 2008 just because they Just adding my 2 cents as well... Look I have almost a nickel. Anyhow I feel like I should comment more on the complainers about Valve trying to make money than the actual game. People are actually mad that a company is trying to make money? Do we all want to live in Soviet Russia or what? Guess what a lot of companies do that, they don't stop making cars in 2008 just because they made a lot of money in one year. The 2009, 2010 etc. models will come out and people will be happy because its always exciting to get a new product. I'm not going to go into all the good about this game because its all been said before but I will make a couple of comments on needs improvement. I wish Valve would be more creative on the type of games involved. I enjoy scavenge mode but really think there could be more modes. LIke an escort mission (something like TF2's payload). Also I hate the infected rotation, its overally predicitable. You can never have the joy of having mulitple hunters in l4d2 but instead you get a crappy jockey who is more annoying than dangerous. Oh well overall great game and I do hope they make a third one you communists nerds who hate captilism! Expand
  59. RomanO
    Jan 8, 2010
    Well what can I say all the new stuff is kinda great BUT 38 Euros is too much for the same game. Yes I heard and seen how much Valve improved L4D. However I don't think it is enough. Look at TF2. Tons of new stuff: maps, weapons, game modes and everything for free. It is obvious that Valve is just trying to get more money. Also, I dislike how all those guys in Valve say that they Well what can I say all the new stuff is kinda great BUT 38 Euros is too much for the same game. Yes I heard and seen how much Valve improved L4D. However I don't think it is enough. Look at TF2. Tons of new stuff: maps, weapons, game modes and everything for free. It is obvious that Valve is just trying to get more money. Also, I dislike how all those guys in Valve say that they have been working on L4D2 very hard and that it would have been simply imposible to get the same results if they had just upgraded L4D. I can't say I believe that is true. Valve could have made a series of updates just like with TF2 and maybe not in year, but in two or three L4D would have been the same thing we now call L4D2. Speaking of years, they worked on L4D2 only one year, which is less than any HL2 episode and still neither of those cost that much. So why 38 Euros, Valve, why that much? I would have given it 10 if not the price which is too high for an update. Sad, but L4D2 has shown gamers that Valve the company that gave us so much and asked so little is gone. Lets hope HL2 EP3 won't cost us 40 Euros. Expand
  60. GuntherB
    Feb 10, 2010
    Its still a little buggy on most computers and there are issues with non-gaming laptops, even with sufficient specs. But overall, its a very great game to come from a formerly great game.
  61. KristjanO
    Feb 15, 2010
    Whoever starts telling me i don't know how to play the game etc. Sorry i do , played L4D from the release competitive style. Anyway ... This game lacks the feeling for the original , while the extra content , new maps and everything are good , it wasn't worth the price of a full title. Valve promised almost everything in L4D2 that they will add it to L4D1 , but no , they made a Whoever starts telling me i don't know how to play the game etc. Sorry i do , played L4D from the release competitive style. Anyway ... This game lacks the feeling for the original , while the extra content , new maps and everything are good , it wasn't worth the price of a full title. Valve promised almost everything in L4D2 that they will add it to L4D1 , but no , they made a new game to make money ... The new characters feel lifeless and you don't want to play them except for Ellis , Nick and maybe even coach. The special infected addons are nice , but they couldev have added them to the first! Spitter and Jockey wouldev suited the first game very nicely , but the Charger ... This is a noobs toy. Would you start for example .. Hard rain? Pick up your stuff before the Diner , all of a sudden charged into instant death. Instant death spot at the beginning of the campaign... FAIL. Same goes to Dead Center and The Parish. Don't start saying these can be avoided , ofcourse they can be , but if this was your VERY FIRST impression , what would you think? Charger = Waste and for noobs. Anyway to sum this all up , if i play Left 4 Dead , i enjoy it , since its way harder to kill survivors with only 2 hunters , 1 smoker and a boomer or 3 hunters and a smoker or 4 hunters , instead of the lame ammount of Instant death or near death spots in the 2nd game. Playing Left 4 Dead 2 frustrates me unlike no tomorrow .. until i finally decided to Uninstall that piece of crap. Only reason this is getting 7 points , is the new content. Expand
  62. lolseriosuly?
    Feb 7, 2010
    Left 4 Dead 2 is a big improvement over the first, mostly because of the better levels and more powerful, more diverse zombies. There are five levels, all of them are pretty good, although 3 of the 5 are really the best in my opinion, Hard Rain and Swamp Fever are a little mediocre. The new zombies, especially the Charger and the Spitter, make it much easier to break up tight groups of Left 4 Dead 2 is a big improvement over the first, mostly because of the better levels and more powerful, more diverse zombies. There are five levels, all of them are pretty good, although 3 of the 5 are really the best in my opinion, Hard Rain and Swamp Fever are a little mediocre. The new zombies, especially the Charger and the Spitter, make it much easier to break up tight groups of survivors and make more difficult for survivors to bunker up in a corner to fight a wave of zombies. Melee weapons are a great addition, and Valve seems to have learned from the mistakes of the first game by making multiplayer more balanced and devoid of any annoying exploits. This game makes it seem like Valve was taken a bit by surprise at the competitive, and large, interest in multiplayer in the first game and has planned for it in this game. Valve Official Servers and other sometime Mod servers have all been fun for me. I have actually played on some really fun custom mod servers (more powerful special infected, new gun skins, special infected ghosts can fly or choose type of special infected). All in all I love this game. Expand
  63. JG
    Feb 9, 2010
    Controls get some taking used to, but memorable characters (especially Ellis) and plenty of fun against hordes of Infected make this game great. After 5 minutes of the Demo I was begging for more. Give me a Katana and an Assault Rifle and I will be laughing like a maniac as heads and limbs go rolling.
  64. MikeS.
    Feb 9, 2010
    i bought both L4D's and was not happy. Valve said "Oh this new stuff is too big to put in a patch! lets make a new game!" it wasn't that much stuff really... some new guns, new maps/storys and a few new zombies. and oh did i menchen they now only have one witch per story? GG Valve GG. Are you wiping you behinds with our money now? *get's his money back with brown stains on i bought both L4D's and was not happy. Valve said "Oh this new stuff is too big to put in a patch! lets make a new game!" it wasn't that much stuff really... some new guns, new maps/storys and a few new zombies. and oh did i menchen they now only have one witch per story? GG Valve GG. Are you wiping you behinds with our money now? *get's his money back with brown stains on the bills* appernty your are....... they could have patched it in one mega patch like Killing Floor did when they had a FREE expation! But then again the devs for killing floor have a free update/ expation pollicey! so yeah. and i feel even sorryer for the people on the consoles (yes im a PC gamer.) because the xbox 360 people have to PAY there mircosoft points to update! PS3 last i herd that was free, Wii? nintendo would have a heart attack if it wasnt a resident evil game or one of there own and was M on there console as they have become too family friendy it makes me feel like i live with a nabor from 50 years ago... But what can i say? Way to go VALVE for taking more of our hard earned cash and using it as toliet paper! really! I think even the idiots who made the market crash of the great depression could have done better. and thats saying something! Good Fight Valve Good Fight and Good Game! Now if you dont mind im going to have to look at your adds in your games that run on your steam platfourm that is needed to play ANY of your games that wont let me play just about any game offline! even when i installed it VIA CD/DVD like my moderen Warfair 2! well at least i know i wont be buying anymore L4D games even tho im a Die hard Zombie fan since Killing floor is better and CHEAPER! want my advice? save $20-$30 bucks on L4D2 and even L4D1 and get killing floor. Better game + better custom map support did i menchen that you cant use cheats in L4D2 like you can in #1? if u want to it is a pain in the butt to do so! If i could i would drop Valve on it's head for this poor excuse of a game. I swear tho they did a heck of a PR Bliz made me want to buy it! uh sue for false advertisement anyone? more like false statements they actully said in an interview that this was too big to put in a patch! I Say there full of there selfs and want easy money. It was way too short of a time between the games to even say they werent plaining on making a 2nd! i think they planed this from the get go! Expand
  65. JayF.
    Apr 10, 2010
    As an online play game, it's just average in my book. I'd rather play other recent games with better graphics. Solo play is a joke. There's no campaign so to speak. Rather, it's like playing online with yourself. I played this game for maybe 3 hours and then looked for another.
  66. pipelinecache
    Apr 2, 2010
    I did play L4D1 quite alot and I must say the sequel is (almost) exactly the same. Sure, it's got new characters, different elite mobs and there are some more weapons to go berserk with. But it's really an extension of the original, nothing more. The game still suffers badly from connection problems, which is quite a downer for an online game. It's an "okay" game ... but I did play L4D1 quite alot and I must say the sequel is (almost) exactly the same. Sure, it's got new characters, different elite mobs and there are some more weapons to go berserk with. But it's really an extension of the original, nothing more. The game still suffers badly from connection problems, which is quite a downer for an online game. It's an "okay" game ... but nothing fancy. Expand
  67. SallyV.
    Apr 4, 2010
    +10 because it's a sequel to the best co-op ever made and -10 because it's the SAME F*CKING GAME as the original. why did I buy it? I employed some wishful thinking, trying to convince myself that the sequel would be amazing. it's valve, and valve games are usually the best... but this one's just for the money. unfortunately i cant give my copy to someone else. avoid +10 because it's a sequel to the best co-op ever made and -10 because it's the SAME F*CKING GAME as the original. why did I buy it? I employed some wishful thinking, trying to convince myself that the sequel would be amazing. it's valve, and valve games are usually the best... but this one's just for the money. unfortunately i cant give my copy to someone else. avoid this game if you have part 1, but if you are like me and do have it, i will recommend the following style of play: join expert game-> kill teammates -> have fun hearing players rage. Expand
  68. GazMan
    Apr 8, 2010
    The game itself is meh... I agree with others saying the game is "dumbed down. The level design isnt that great and I personally dont like the characters. L4D2 just doesnt play well nor does it have a good feeling about it. Most people I speak with are leaving the L4D / L4D2 community as not much is going on regarding competitive gaming either which is a real shame as the teamwork aspects The game itself is meh... I agree with others saying the game is "dumbed down. The level design isnt that great and I personally dont like the characters. L4D2 just doesnt play well nor does it have a good feeling about it. Most people I speak with are leaving the L4D / L4D2 community as not much is going on regarding competitive gaming either which is a real shame as the teamwork aspects could make it such a great platform. The original L4D was a fantastic idea and had some real promise but sadly it was never supported properly by Valve and I think most players think the same is going to happen this sequel. Once bitten twice shy, twice bitten... game over. Expand
  69. MoizR
    Dec 20, 2009
    Story and background seems a definite downgrade from the last game, especially the characters. I really hate the hill-billy setting. No great improvement in graphics and AI is complete shit. It completely kills the game if you're playing a really fun match and someone quits and a douchebag AI replaces him. Game is completely overpriced, its NOT worth more than what you can get from Story and background seems a definite downgrade from the last game, especially the characters. I really hate the hill-billy setting. No great improvement in graphics and AI is complete shit. It completely kills the game if you're playing a really fun match and someone quits and a douchebag AI replaces him. Game is completely overpriced, its NOT worth more than what you can get from similarly priced games. Expand
  70. DavidL
    Dec 6, 2009
    This game is very enjoyable to play and rewarding in many ways. It has a much higher level of game mechanics than most shooters out there.
  71. Eltiarp
    Dec 7, 2009
    The game ot's a lot of fun, the Co-op it's sweet! the action it's unlimited, the fun it's on every corner and the improvemets makes this game the greatest co-op zombie shooter next to Killing floor
  72. BugsBunny
    Jan 10, 2010
    First of all, my english is not best. Second, I spent 240 hours plaing Left 4 Dead 2 and it's still fun. I don't know any other game that can be fun after so long playtime. I think Valve did great job and if you don't like it you don't have to buy it.
  73. J.Midnight
    Jan 25, 2010
    I fell for the hype. TBH i would have given this "add-on pack" of a game a solid "8" the first week i got it. But now after playing the game a few times through its clear what this "Game" is: 3 "Special" Zombies and some maps. Nothing revolutionary, and i agree most-if not all- of the high reviews of this game are from overexcited fanboys. - Bad Pacing (A typical "Run and Gun" Zom I fell for the hype. TBH i would have given this "add-on pack" of a game a solid "8" the first week i got it. But now after playing the game a few times through its clear what this "Game" is: 3 "Special" Zombies and some maps. Nothing revolutionary, and i agree most-if not all- of the high reviews of this game are from overexcited fanboys. - Bad Pacing (A typical "Run and Gun" Zom Shooter) - Horrible Dialogue - Level Design is Bland - Director 2.0?!? (nope... again pointless hype. Shows some signs of improvement seems like a dumbed down ver. to help attract new players. Ex: Open Spaces = No Horde, Inside a Well Fortified Room? = Bingo) Expand
  74. simPC
    Jan 4, 2010
    First... all you noobs saying "I cant find my way around" "Map's are terrible, I get lost"... you're just retarded stop eating lead paint chips and pay attention. It's very simple my 12 year old sister has beaten the Campaign numerous times on Advanced and Expert. I personally have not experienced any major bugs... or any minor bugs. Of course there are some map glitches, First... all you noobs saying "I cant find my way around" "Map's are terrible, I get lost"... you're just retarded stop eating lead paint chips and pay attention. It's very simple my 12 year old sister has beaten the Campaign numerous times on Advanced and Expert. I personally have not experienced any major bugs... or any minor bugs. Of course there are some map glitches, Like DC-1 you can jump the second floor of the hotel, and thus cheat the infected from being able to reach you. But... that's minor. And I'm sure in Competitive (cal/cevo) play it's not allowed. And most casual gamers don't use the glitch, if they even know about it. Actually it seems like the Competitive teams are the one who use it, go figure. Anyway... this is obviously not an expansion, and in no way, shape, or form should of been a DLC. This should of definitely been a sequel. Rushed? Maybe... High Quality, Action Packed, Suspenseful, Fun, Co-Op Survival? ABSOLUTELY. Hands down, BEST ZOMBIE GAME TOO DATE. The original was already amazing, but this game definitely expanded the gameplay, and added a nice new story to it. Originally I was put off, thinking this might be a buggy piece of DLC trash with some Lipstick on it, But that is definitely not the case. You people crying need to find a girlfriend... Or get a job so you can earn some money to buy this game and stop being so jealous. And that's another thing... it's not like Valve is out to get your money, they make a quality game, and market it, If you don't want to buy it, DON'T. Simple as that, they aren't holding you up, they're selling a product that they worked hard on. And... all you people talking about Lazy Coding/Programming... I do it for a living, and all work done on this game is of High Quality. Sure sometimes you take shortcuts, but the new weapons and new uncommon common were done beautifully and in no-way did I feel like i was wielding the same weapon with a different skin, or fighting the same zombie with a different outfit. Bottom Line, Great game, WORTH EVERY PENNY Expand
  75. NathanJ.
    Jan 4, 2010
    Ridiculous pile of reviewing trash yet again down voting a game because they feel like it is an "expansion." How much you want to bet that 4/5ths of these 0 voters bought wrath of the liche king at full price as well? Yet no one complains about WoW in this aspect. But when valve releases a new game taking the weapon count from 7 in the original to something like 22 in this one, its called Ridiculous pile of reviewing trash yet again down voting a game because they feel like it is an "expansion." How much you want to bet that 4/5ths of these 0 voters bought wrath of the liche king at full price as well? Yet no one complains about WoW in this aspect. But when valve releases a new game taking the weapon count from 7 in the original to something like 22 in this one, its called an "expansion." Also, for you "tactical" "far superior" KF players. I play both. Comparing the two is like comparing TF2 to Counterstrike. Yes, they are both zombie survival shooters, but trust me in saying that they are different games with different playstyles. You have no business rating another game lower based on the fact that your game of choice has a different playstyle. I would buy KILLING FLOOR 2 if I wanted to play KILLING FLOOR 2! For all those who claim that there is "less story" in L4D2, what are they smoking. There is definitely more personality within the characters, and the campaigns actually coherently form a solid story. Great graphics, fun gameplay, and the fact that I can run it at 50 FPS on a four year old mid-range computer make this a classic for me. Killing Floor players, hope you have fun in your "infinately varied" same map cycle only one game type game. I will be joining you once I get tired of L4D2... oh wait, Bad company 2 will be out by then. Expand
  76. JC
    Jan 5, 2010
    The user reviews on this game are wholly two sided. Either the game is amazing, or the game really blows and is no more then an expansion. Why I gave this game a 7 is easy, this game is a massive improvement on L4D1, but Valve's pricing scheme on this game 49.99 is wayy too expensive for a game whose gameplay is fundamentally the same as a game they made in the past. I am actually The user reviews on this game are wholly two sided. Either the game is amazing, or the game really blows and is no more then an expansion. Why I gave this game a 7 is easy, this game is a massive improvement on L4D1, but Valve's pricing scheme on this game 49.99 is wayy too expensive for a game whose gameplay is fundamentally the same as a game they made in the past. I am actually saddened that Valve turned to such questionable practices in pricing the game. However, onto the game itself. The graphics update is great, the ability to blow off limbs, heads, cut zombies in two, burn their flesh off is a great improvement for those who wanted to see more realism. The melee weapons are Overpowered however. No human can so cleanly slice through zombies in the way these weapons do. ANd by cleanly I mean ho0w a baseball bat shatters a skull and explodes a head in one hit, or ow the machete goes through the torso so well. This also negates the use of shotguns if you dont mind taking a little extra damage. ANd the actual laugh out loud part of this is that a pistol/shotgun combo IMO is more effective then a Melee/Main weapon simply because as long as you co-ordinate and protect your teammates, most zombies can be brought down with gunfire before the need of a melee weapon. Also there are too many automatics stewn accross maps. This makes the infected side in Versus 100% harder then in L4D1, where Ammo had to be conserved. I think in the week ive played this Ive seen someone run out of ammo on a main gun...once..... withoiut finding a replacement, this game balance is absolutely appauling. The levels they designed could ave been easily made in L4D1 and I am starting to believe that the simple reason for not advancing L4D1 was a need for more revenue. However, do I reccomend this game? Yes, despite the fact its probablyoverpriced, I would have paid about 19.99 had I not been pressured into buying it by my friends. As much as this game is probbaly not worth what you would pay for it now, the quality of the levels are much better then in L4D1, the infected in Versus do much better and the Director has marginally improved. As well, I find the L4D2 Normal mode gameplay (and what you play in Versus) to be much more balanced and fluid then in L4D1, which was quite frankly restrictive. Expand
  77. GabrielD
    Jan 5, 2010
    Well, unlike the haters, im gonna put this from another point o view, I DO regret buying L4D1, why?, it's not like L4D2 is some kind of DLC L4D1 should have had, in fact, it feels like I've been ripped when I bought L4D1, because it was, and still is, a simple beta game with so many bugs and lack of content, yet you still had to pay full price for it, lack of servers in the Well, unlike the haters, im gonna put this from another point o view, I DO regret buying L4D1, why?, it's not like L4D2 is some kind of DLC L4D1 should have had, in fact, it feels like I've been ripped when I bought L4D1, because it was, and still is, a simple beta game with so many bugs and lack of content, yet you still had to pay full price for it, lack of servers in the beggining etc etc etc, yet I was a hardcore player of it. Now, L4D2 it's like L4D1 polished to perfection, seriously, awesome game, and gotta love realism mode, it truly makes your games remarkable, and a must have. Expand
  78. christianc
    Jan 6, 2010
    This is a brilliant game. Those who say that the game was obviously rushed and you see the same skins all over again and again, Check L4D1? Its the same way, their complaining about things that they already overlooked in the first game. The game was not obviously rushed, but every new game obviously has hitches and needs updates. overall I beleave this is a worth game getting, if your not This is a brilliant game. Those who say that the game was obviously rushed and you see the same skins all over again and again, Check L4D1? Its the same way, their complaining about things that they already overlooked in the first game. The game was not obviously rushed, but every new game obviously has hitches and needs updates. overall I beleave this is a worth game getting, if your not into zombie apocolipses thats nice. If you don't like the sequel STOP BITCHING ABOUT IT. Alright? Expand
  79. GuessWho
    Jan 6, 2010
    All you morons complaining about the game think twice. In Australia we got the dumbed dumbed down version of the game. Zombies hit the ground BOOM gone off screen. Can't rate it any higher just because Australians got the dumbed down version. I played the demo i didnt actually buy it. I found an uncensor for it but it didnt feel the same.
  80. MichaelN
    Jan 9, 2010
    Great game, since it's just a port of the original great game with new character models, a few new guns, melee weapons which are largely useless for the most part, and a few new special zombies (both of which are fun, but we are talking an entirely new game here). L4D was light on depth, and it wasn't fixed here. Characters are still only models, and have no distinguishing Great game, since it's just a port of the original great game with new character models, a few new guns, melee weapons which are largely useless for the most part, and a few new special zombies (both of which are fun, but we are talking an entirely new game here). L4D was light on depth, and it wasn't fixed here. Characters are still only models, and have no distinguishing attributes. The graphics are exactly the same, the gameplay is exactly the same (still good, but not improved in any way). Slapping "2" on the end of a title should be more progressive for a company with Valve's pedigree. This was a glorified expansion pack (new maps, guns, and zombies... nothing else new, yes, that's what we call an expansion pack). Would be a higher rating, but the cost of this game is just beyond me. Hopefully all of this money is going to Episode 3, and maybe they'll actually incorporate some new things into L4D2 the way they've supported TF2. Sorry to the original L4D players, Valve is moving on. Expand
  81. Anti-RageQuit
    Feb 10, 2010
    The only reason these kids are giving it a bad review is cuz this game isnt noob friendly. these are the kids that join the servers run away from the team get pounced by a hunter and die. This is what a true fps is suppose to be like. Its all about teamwork and fast reaction time. If you gave it a 1-7 its because you suck at this game no question about it.
  82. AllanH
    Feb 15, 2010
    Guys. You do not find a better game. Left 4 Dead 2 is the funniest, most challenge(on expert), etc. It's the best game ever.. Run through a campaign making team-work is good. Read the other good ones.. Well, it's just a MUST BUY!
  83. FetzL
    Feb 19, 2010
    Certainly NOT worth the $50 they are asking for. Basically we get 5 campaigns which were not as atmospheric and indulging as the originals, an overhyped AI Director 2.0 (dynamic pathing? - oh lol I'll just seal up this door please take the other one 3 feet ahead instead, dynamic weather? -More or less the same storm at the same spot everytime in Hard Rain, not to mention AI in Certainly NOT worth the $50 they are asking for. Basically we get 5 campaigns which were not as atmospheric and indulging as the originals, an overhyped AI Director 2.0 (dynamic pathing? - oh lol I'll just seal up this door please take the other one 3 feet ahead instead, dynamic weather? -More or less the same storm at the same spot everytime in Hard Rain, not to mention AI in general is WORSE than ever!) and new bland and boring characters. Props to them for getting rid of some gameplay exploits and bugs from the first game (still unfixed BTW) by introducing new special infected to counter corner camping (which were based on community ideas intended for L4D1), weapons balancing (how about changing a few variables to make the hunting rifle in the first game viable just like in L4D2? And nerfing the autoshotgun?), more weapon varieties, and the new (a bit overdone) gore system. L4D could have been a great game many would still be playing 4 years down the road if Valve had built on it instead of making this "sequel". Now I'm not saying L4D2 should be free. I'm saying it should have been an expansion pack for L4D1, $30 at most. So to conclude, I highly recommend AGAINST buying L4D2 at full price, get it during the inevitable half-off sales at $25, or $7.50 in the month before the release of L4D3 should it come this November. Expand
  84. FranciscoJ.
    Feb 23, 2010
    Para mí este juego es una auténtica pasada, grandes características que lo combierten en uno de los mejores lanzamientos del año. Sin duda alguna la forma más divertida de matar zombis sin sufrir malas consecuencias! Muy manejable y facil de jugar además de un gran modo online!
  85. BenM.
    Feb 4, 2010
    Pretty good game. Strong emphasis on teamwork when playing infected or survivors. Kind of annoying when you get stuck with bad teammates in online play, but thats not the games fault. Only problem is it can be hard to get a survival or scavenge games and even with above the min cpu spec requirements when theres a horde on you it slows. Still they are just minor problems which aren't Pretty good game. Strong emphasis on teamwork when playing infected or survivors. Kind of annoying when you get stuck with bad teammates in online play, but thats not the games fault. Only problem is it can be hard to get a survival or scavenge games and even with above the min cpu spec requirements when theres a horde on you it slows. Still they are just minor problems which aren't really the developers fault. Overall great multiplayer game, even better to LAN with friends if you have some... Its worth a buy, it's a riot. Would buy this over MW2 on the basis on multiplayer. To point out something stupid said on a previous comment by "Onslaught" he is crying about not have a radar? dude seriously, It's a zombie apocalypse.. do you just find radars lying around the streets which will locate zombies? Didn't think so.. and also he cries about friendly fire scaling up as the difficulty increases, then later on says that friendly fire is one of the games good points? WTF I wish parents would stop letting their 12 yr old kids use make use of interwebs... its annoying. Expand
  86. JessicaS.
    Feb 5, 2010
    This has to be the most amazing game i've ever played, sadly, the campaigns valve created get simple and boring the 100th time through, but a good conquerer for that problem in l4dmaps.com. i love dpwnloading new campaigns and maps to play sround with! it makes the gaming experience a lot more enjoyable!
  87. SacroiD
    Feb 6, 2010
    L4D2 adds a lot ofun! There are some bugs that maybe can be pretty annoying. But the addition of new weapons (also melee weapons), new characters, some more special zombies adds a lot of fun to the game compared to the first L4D. The game is linear, but you wont notice that a lot while you are playing because of the zombie hordes you're killing and the expirience it's amazing! L4D2 adds a lot ofun! There are some bugs that maybe can be pretty annoying. But the addition of new weapons (also melee weapons), new characters, some more special zombies adds a lot of fun to the game compared to the first L4D. The game is linear, but you wont notice that a lot while you are playing because of the zombie hordes you're killing and the expirience it's amazing! The Multiplayer has improved (not a lot), you can control the Charger (new special zombie) wich is very fun to control! You can still control the Boomer in the Versus mode, wich I find useless, but this game deserves an 8/10 ! Expand
  88. Professor
    Mar 16, 2010
    Yeah, ok, the game is not perfect and its just too reminiscent of the first game - but it's NOT bad, in fact - it's absolutely GREAT. L4D2 (as L4D did) combines simplicity, teamwork, and of course - the sheer pleasure of killing hundreds of rabid people. To answer some things people have complained about: Why isn't there a radar? Why can't they just highlight my Yeah, ok, the game is not perfect and its just too reminiscent of the first game - but it's NOT bad, in fact - it's absolutely GREAT. L4D2 (as L4D did) combines simplicity, teamwork, and of course - the sheer pleasure of killing hundreds of rabid people. To answer some things people have complained about: Why isn't there a radar? Why can't they just highlight my teammates? Well, first of all - the game (as I see it) was made to be realistic. Do normal people carry a radar (or for that matter have access to one?) and also - it's not hard to discern your teammates from zombies, they do highlight them when you mouse over them as friendly AND as I have mentioned before - the game is supposed to be realistic, giving a radar or always highlighting your teammates just makes the game less ... well - real.. and would definitely dumb the game down if such was done. Then theres, "omg friendly fire is soooo bad." Well, let's be real. if you get shot in normal mode it isn't so bad - but as the difficulty is raised, it only makes sense that you and your teammates would be better players and AVOID shooting each other, with the addition that greater damage = better deterrent for shooting each other. This also promotes better teamwork which is crucial as you go up in difficulty level. If you're complaining that friendly fire sucks - get better teammates or shoot better maybe? The realism in this game may be too much for most people - the water slowing you down makes sense (have you ever trudged through water and mud before? It's not a fast paced activity) - though I completely agree to when the water is just up to the ankles, it shouldn't be a tough walk (If Valve wanted to be more realistic, they'd have people slip, but people would cry and whine about that being lame as usual). To reflect upon the weapon damage though, I totally agree that the guns do less damage than melee - and it's unrealistic that melee should be that great in comparison to a gun (not everyone has superhuman strength after all) - and I agree that that needs to be adjusted. Other negatives are that even if you do play on expert - the original game is too short and that I suppose the pvp makes up for it... though I'd rather see more story too. All in all, L4D2 is a great game - there are different difficulty settings for a reason. Need a stress reliever? Play on easy and go berserk. Want to play with others without screaming about friendly fire? Play on normal. Got a good team of friends and want a challenge? Then advanced and expert is for you. The difficulty scale actually makes sense in this game - so heed it well. If you're crying about how other people suck - well then you're probably unlucky with team match-up (i've had a couple of those before, don't feel like it's a reason to hate on the game). I mean, yes it's not that different from the first - but it's solid, it's good, it's definitely a keeper. I'm not a fanboy/girl whatever you want to call it of this game, but I feel like people aren't taking this game for what it is (like Quentin Tarentino films). It's NOT COD, it's NOT Borderlands - it's a totally different game from those - so give it a try before turning it away based on what other people have said because it's worth a shot (zing!). Expand
  89. MichaelR.
    Mar 20, 2010
    Okay, before the fanboys get angry with me, read the whole review. A)Director 2.0 - The "new" director isn't very new at all. I'm sure many people remember the "Crash Course" campaign for L4D. Remember how it had the "sort of the l4d2 director" functioning? That's because the L4D1 director and the L4D2 director are exactly the same besides the fact that there's a few Okay, before the fanboys get angry with me, read the whole review. A)Director 2.0 - The "new" director isn't very new at all. I'm sure many people remember the "Crash Course" campaign for L4D. Remember how it had the "sort of the l4d2 director" functioning? That's because the L4D1 director and the L4D2 director are exactly the same besides the fact that there's a few new items and weapons in L4D2. They guaranteed "random" item and gun positioning in L4D2 and it wasn't implemented correctly. The guns still appear in the same places nearly every time, just like L4D1. No improvement, barely any change. B) "New Zombies!" - L4D2 introduced 3 new special infected. The Spitter is really only useful in scavenger to destroy gas cans unless someone is already being beaten by another infected in campaign. The Jockey is a useful little guy on certain maps...and a total waste of space on others. His forte is dragging people off ledges, really. On about 9/10 of the maps there is no ledges to catch a survivor alone on. Then there's the Charger, he's a terrible terrible implementation of the "hallways aren't safe anymore" idea. The point of the charger as far as the commentary says was to scatter the survivors or hurt them if they're in a hallway. You cannot turn (Even Slightly) while charging, so unless they ARE in a hallway your chances of hitting more than one survivor are low. And if they ARE in a hallway they don't scatter anywhere. Charger does much lower damage than he needs to make him useful as he tends to die before he can slam a survivor once or twice into the ground. The only time Chargers are really useful is near cliffs and ledges, when there is only one or two survivors left or in situations like the Parish bridge finale when survivors don't want to go back for the teammate. C) "New Weapons" - L4D2 introduced a few new weapons to the just about complete set of L4D1. Melee weapons - Everyone says that melee weapons really changed the L4D gameplay, I disagree. It's not often you see people using melee weapons to attack special infected. Common infected die easily to begin with so I don't see the melee weapons being all that useful once you have an automatic weapon or a semi-auto shotgun. Aim for the head, people. Grenade Launcher - Friendly fire, friendly fire, friendly fire! The grenade launcher was made to loosen up hordes of common infected and make special infected stumble around and die. The broken thing about this weapon is the fact that special infected often don't die from one indirect hit from this weapon, the person using this weapon tends to hit his teammates around twenty more times than everyone else, and the person using this weapon tends to be an easy special infected target due to hunters, jockeys, smokers, and chargers being able to get in close and force them to switch to melee/pistol. Bile Bomb - "Throw this to attract the horde away from you, even onto a tank!" The problem is the only time anyone will use this is if there's a horde coming and they want to just run away from it. The only usefulness of the bile bomb is distraction, and in versus it's a waste to carry. Defibrillator - Over a medpack the chances someone takes one are around 30%. When someone takes one they usually happen to be the Rambo style person who runs at the hordes with a baseball bat out and they die, leaving the rest of the team to fend for themselves until they reach the body. All in all, medpack is better. New ammos - Make special infected stumble or burn. Imbalanced in versus. Thank god they're rare. New primary weapons are pretty much all slight changes to the old primaries. Pump shotgun(2, difference is a slight damage difference and chrome has tighter spread), auto shotgun(2, one wide spread, one tight spread I believe), SMGs(2, one is stronger, the other more accurate.), Assault rifle(3..only differences, clip size and one is burst fire, and the AK has higher damage and slower firing speed), sniper rifles(2, military fires faster, hunting reloads faster) D) New AI - Terrible Special infected AI even on expert. Even worse survivor AI, if you're being beaten by a charger an inch away they'll stand there a few seconds then turn slowly and shoot it, then help you up. I was diappointed. Expand
  90. Cyph3rPunk
    Mar 22, 2010
    While this is an amazing game, there are WAY too many problems with it to warrant a 10. Charger hit detection is way off (due to how the Source engine processes hits), jockey is a fail class, only useful against scrubs, and (unfortunately) the community, just to name a few things. To those who say this should have been DLC: 5 completely new maps, new weapons, all new voice acting, new AI While this is an amazing game, there are WAY too many problems with it to warrant a 10. Charger hit detection is way off (due to how the Source engine processes hits), jockey is a fail class, only useful against scrubs, and (unfortunately) the community, just to name a few things. To those who say this should have been DLC: 5 completely new maps, new weapons, all new voice acting, new AI Director, and new ammo types/throwables. What more could you want in a new game? Everyone buys Dat Madden every year with only minor upgrades and roster changes, but nobody bitches about that. Expand
  91. PR3D470R
    Apr 16, 2010
    I gave it this score because of the tactics and teamwork that is engrained into this FPS. As this is a sequel I'll just discuss the things that separate this from the original. I agree with those that are annoyed at the price of the game, it doesn't seem to detract too far from the original in terms of graphics and 'the feel' of it. However I never bought the original I gave it this score because of the tactics and teamwork that is engrained into this FPS. As this is a sequel I'll just discuss the things that separate this from the original. I agree with those that are annoyed at the price of the game, it doesn't seem to detract too far from the original in terms of graphics and 'the feel' of it. However I never bought the original so it doesnt annoy me a lot. :P Also 2 those that are disappointed that it is not like the original, i consider it better for this reason. The Reason: The 'Versus' ('VS') gametype has been amped up considerably. The introduction of new SI presents more threats to the survivors, that make no place on the map safe. Eg; The introduction of the spitter eliminates corner camping and the charger also makes alleyways EXTREMELY dangerous for combined Special Infected ('SI') attacks. A constantly wary and skilful team is needed to meet these challenges. It seems to me that VALVE really listened to the competitive VS community from the original, and I commend them for that. Digressing a little, I think the 'VS' experience could have been made much more challenging for the survivors, by putting down less medpacks, and to the side of the beaten path, forcing them to divert from the 'railway tracks' from point A to point B. Plus there needs to be a reduction in the amount of ammo in the weapons. The game does not award accuracy, as ammo and weapon stockpiles are everywhere, and sheer 'spraying' from automatic weapons is not punished. It is harder to use the infected but this is only a matter of concern for mostly competitive and serious players. If there is any reason to be longing for the old game it would be minor things such as the greater chemistry and personalities of the survivors, certain weapons and 'simpler' VS experience. Personally I love being able to casually get online with a bunch of friends, in a game that promotes conversation, shoot zombies and watch the visually appealing decapitations/blood-squirts. On a final note if you enjoy the artistry of competitive play l4d2 will not disappoint (but you have to be a team player. Expand
  92. Nimorrax
    Apr 1, 2010
    I like it, I've not had the chance to play the first one yet but it really wants me to get the first one to experience what it was like before. This one taught me how to stay with my party, unless I really want to get pounced or ridden to death. The three new Special Infected are pretty good, the only problem I have though is that when a Jockey catches a PLAYER, the bots have trouble I like it, I've not had the chance to play the first one yet but it really wants me to get the first one to experience what it was like before. This one taught me how to stay with my party, unless I really want to get pounced or ridden to death. The three new Special Infected are pretty good, the only problem I have though is that when a Jockey catches a PLAYER, the bots have trouble getting it off. The Charger also tells me either rush narrow hallways or stay on one side or the other. The Spitter quickly gets me moving when she spits, luckily she's an easy kill. The "Uncommon" Common Infected are also great. Fireproof, Horde Leading, Vision-Impairing, Immunity to Pipe Bombs and Bulletproof. All unique to their own campaigns, what more can I ask for other than a third game with even more exciting campaigns and zombie types? Expand
  93. ScottF.
    Apr 9, 2010
    This game was a disappointment after L4D in every imaginable way. Instead of well-paced gameplay that rewards teamwork, we get a game where whoever can rush the most wins. Tight confined spaces of L4D give way to much more open ones in L4D2, making it far too easy to avoid the traps that made L4D great. Mood music and tension are replaced instead by Louisiana jazz during horde attacks and This game was a disappointment after L4D in every imaginable way. Instead of well-paced gameplay that rewards teamwork, we get a game where whoever can rush the most wins. Tight confined spaces of L4D give way to much more open ones in L4D2, making it far too easy to avoid the traps that made L4D great. Mood music and tension are replaced instead by Louisiana jazz during horde attacks and sad one-liners like "Axe me a question." This game tries way too hard to be a fanboy game, and it loses the amazing and gritty zombie shooter that was Left 4 Dead along the way. Expand
  94. olol
    Nov 17, 2009
    I know alot of L4D fans may disagree, but this game is not anything new or special. Yes there are a few new things, such as melee weapons, and new weapon models, but they feel the same as they did in L4D1. Furthermore, even with the new scavange mode and new campagins, this still gets boring REALLY INCREDIBLY quick for me. I would rather spend time on Half Life 2. User content was what I know alot of L4D fans may disagree, but this game is not anything new or special. Yes there are a few new things, such as melee weapons, and new weapon models, but they feel the same as they did in L4D1. Furthermore, even with the new scavange mode and new campagins, this still gets boring REALLY INCREDIBLY quick for me. I would rather spend time on Half Life 2. User content was what kept the first game alive, due to valve not releasing much content (which they initially promised), and therefore i was wary about purchasing this one, but now i pretty much regret it. It wasn't worth it at all in my opinion, and i doubt much interesting content will come to this either (although valve WILL deliver, because they know if they don't, they'll be losing alot of their audiance with this game). But i would give this game a 3, just because it's fun for the first hour or two, but gets very boring soon afterwards, whether you play online or not. Sooner or later, there will be nothing to do other then join a game and teamkill, because that's what a majority of players did in L4D1 after a short time. Expand
  95. JeffD.
    Nov 17, 2009
    After logging a lifetime of hours on the original Left 4 Dead, owning a rather successful tournament team, and getting all but the most ridiculous achievement(s), I had almost begun to think to myself that I had seen every last drop of zombie goodness a company could squeeze from the genre. I was terribly, terribly mistaken. Left 4 Dead 2 does not just polish what it started in 2008, It After logging a lifetime of hours on the original Left 4 Dead, owning a rather successful tournament team, and getting all but the most ridiculous achievement(s), I had almost begun to think to myself that I had seen every last drop of zombie goodness a company could squeeze from the genre. I was terribly, terribly mistaken. Left 4 Dead 2 does not just polish what it started in 2008, It bring it back harder, stronger, more brutal and bloodthirsty than ever. There is not a single game on the market that gets people talking, yelling, sweating and gripping there controllers quite like this. Every aspect of the game has just the right balance of tactics, run and gun, and all around bad-assery that can only be found in a game made by Valve. The new weapons, infected, uncommons, grenades, maps, locations, crescendos, and finales all flow seamlessly into the thriving and very much alive world of Left 4 Dead. The entire experience feels like a movie. So my advice? Saddle up, get yourself a copy, and prepare to white knuckle your way through the ride of your lifetime. Expand
  96. BoTl1ke
    Nov 29, 2009
    The game feels much more polished and complete than the original, although its the same engine, they've really added more than expected. Main things i enjoy about the new game is that the versus gameplay is much more dynamic as opposed to "zombies are coming, everyone take autoshotguns and sit in a corner til they're gone". Same goes for infected, the variety of infected can The game feels much more polished and complete than the original, although its the same engine, they've really added more than expected. Main things i enjoy about the new game is that the versus gameplay is much more dynamic as opposed to "zombies are coming, everyone take autoshotguns and sit in a corner til they're gone". Same goes for infected, the variety of infected can produce interesting results with syncronised attacks with the new and old specials alike; eg. hunter+ spitter = hunter rape with added acid damage. or charger+ jockey = charger takes one half way across the street while jockey hops on one and takes him for a ride in the other direction causing the remaining 2 to either split up or go for the nearest survivor either way making infected much more effective and causing havoc. 9/10 mainly because i miss the old survivors :( Would be nice if they did a DLC involving the old survivors but hey i'd be asking for too much. Expand
  97. ThomasB
    Nov 30, 2009
    Out of all games out there, left 4 dead 2 stands out. The campgains feel new and fresh and stands out. The new melee weapons add much more tatics to the game such as the chain saw - it gives a advantage to the players for a short while, however you have to make the sacrifice of running out of gas and having no secondary weapon. The community made this game a sucsess and this game was Out of all games out there, left 4 dead 2 stands out. The campgains feel new and fresh and stands out. The new melee weapons add much more tatics to the game such as the chain saw - it gives a advantage to the players for a short while, however you have to make the sacrifice of running out of gas and having no secondary weapon. The community made this game a sucsess and this game was worth every penny and more. The new game adds much new balance with expert and realsim being the next part of that. Unlike L4D's expert - L4D2's really takes some skill with the new SI on the side. Realisim adds a whole new part to the game. It takes part most the in the campgain " Hard Rain " as you can get lost easily, taking part in the sugar mill level most. This time valve made the story more clear - this takes part most in dead center - for example if you use the " look " command on a player the character calls them by things such as " miss " to rochelee and " Mr gambling man " to nick. Untill the elevator scene where they all learn each others names - and then start to call each other by their real names. Over all this deserves much more credit then it gets, and this game was only made in a year. Great game - a must buy. Expand
  98. DanielR
    Dec 10, 2009
    L4D was good but i hated the number of weapons u can get and the number of infected and L4D2 is like a BIG improvement better graphics new infected, And i really love the new weapons, like melee and my personal favourite Grenade launcher
  99. LiboW
    Dec 10, 2009
    Nothing is perfect. Having said that, Left 4 Dead 2 challenges conventional team-based FPS with new special infected. Knowing that valve will continuously update and balance the game, Left 4 Dead 2 is a worthy investment.
  100. IanG
    Dec 1, 2009
    I don't see why people are giving 0 when they say that this is more of the same, to me it sounds like they hated L4D1 in first place to give a 0. Anyway, L4D2 is fun, the new characters may seem to be a little dull compared to the first game, but we can live with it, the new story line is also ok nothing huge, it is not a whole new game, it is not like you bought a whole entire new I don't see why people are giving 0 when they say that this is more of the same, to me it sounds like they hated L4D1 in first place to give a 0. Anyway, L4D2 is fun, the new characters may seem to be a little dull compared to the first game, but we can live with it, the new story line is also ok nothing huge, it is not a whole new game, it is not like you bought a whole entire new game, it is a reshaped version of the first one, which is great, I would def recommend this game to anyone who liked the L2D1 gameplayer, this is fun to play, you will have good time with friends, scavange mode is a big plus, and honestly there is nothing like choppin' zombies head off with a chainsaw, it is a great game, if you were a big fan of L4D1, L4D2 will knock your socks off! Expand

L4D2 delivers multiple improvements over its predecessor, and I get to keep all my fingers and toes.
    It remains one of the most distinctive co-operative titles out there, and allows for some of the most nerve-searing team-based multiplayer gaming on the market.
  3. Whereas once we treated Left 4 Dead as a stopgap between Half-Lifes, this is no longer a weird little side project with modest expectations, and Valve is confident enough to play around with it, safe in the knowledge that you can trust your players. Left 4 Dead proved it. And whereas that game had a personality, this one is overflowing with it.