8.4

1. Aug 24, 2010
    All I can say, is that this game is a **** awesome sequel to Left 4 Dead, ticked all my boxes, nothing negative comes to mind. Awesome! The gameplay is awesome in multiplayer, had tones of fun, the new infected are fun to kill and are fun to play as! Very very verry good game :D
  2. Aug 20, 2013
    Left 4 Dead 2, this game is just awesome, you can even make a model and put it into game and play it with that add-on, just awesome. I really enjoy this game!
  3. Sep 9, 2010
    This is is trully amazing than L4D.
    There are lotta improvements ,gameplay, and a bit storylines too....
    The graphics are nice too....but i think the Valve company is too rushed about this game bcoz this game release after 1 year making a L4D...... The multiplayers is great but lag can cause the people to go annoyed....like the incoming attack. Bugs and glitches are not much since
    This is is trully amazing than L4D.
    There are lotta improvements ,gameplay, and a bit storylines too....

Bugs and glitches are not much since the updates were released.
  4. May 28, 2014
    Ahh remember when valve still made games? Loved this game and series. Probably one of the better multiplayer experiences I've had, when you have a good and functional team on either side it can be such a rush. Really needed intelligent ranking team pairing though.

The modded servers are absolutely stupid 90 percent of the time but I made an effort to get banned from them all.
  5. Oct 11, 2010
    Do not underestimate versus fun you can get from this game. Do not try to play single player. Get out there, find a lobby and aid other survivors against endless horde of zombies. Once you get the point, you can't let it go. Absolutely wonderful on many levels.
  6. May 14, 2011
    This is an amazing game. Valve has put a lot of effort into balancing the game and improving its graphics, and it makes for an enjoyable multiplayer experience with friends. However, the game has quite a few fundamental flaws. The versus games often end very early due to a whole team ragequitting. This makes it very difficult to actually play an enjoyable game. The single player mode isThis is an amazing game. Valve has put a lot of effort into balancing the game and improving its graphics, and it makes for an enjoyable multiplayer experience with friends. However, the game has quite a few fundamental flaws. The versus games often end very early due to a whole team ragequitting. This makes it very difficult to actually play an enjoyable game. The single player mode is unplayable, there is no way to work with a team of bots. The ability to restart a chapter or return to a lobby is often abused by teams when they first lose. A game can be lost because a single player will not cooperate, and either rushes or uses his own strategy.There are many greifers. Though many of these issues are beyond valve's control, they severely detract from the experience of the game. I do not recommend you buy this game unless you have at least one or two friends who will play it with you to avoid these issues with the multiplayer game. Expand
  7. Mar 8, 2011
    Decent game, although they didn't change that much from the original L4D i still enjoyed it. The promised revamped AI director wasn't as amazing. The voice acting(especially rochelle) hasn't been as good. The new alarm events, new infected, and new gamemode (including mutation) are pretty creative and fun though. Although campaign can get too easy and boring over time, i feel the strengthDecent game, although they didn't change that much from the original L4D i still enjoyed it. The promised revamped AI director wasn't as amazing. The voice acting(especially rochelle) hasn't been as good. The new alarm events, new infected, and new gamemode (including mutation) are pretty creative and fun though. Although campaign can get too easy and boring over time, i feel the strength of this game lies in its multiplayer. It is immensely fun to play with friends, whether you are dominating in pubs or are playing against challenging opponents. There are learning curves and strategies to play both the infected and survivor, and valve designed it so it is easy to pick up for beginners, while maintaining a high skill ceiling for advance players to hone their tricks. Once again Valve never disappoints. Expand
  8. Apr 19, 2011
    Most negative ratings seemed to have come after this game initial release. I can understand where people are coming from in being die hard L4D1 fans previously. However, i started with L4D2 first over a year ago, and it is the BEST online game i have played to date. I bought L4D2 about 6 months ago and while it still have that awesome L4D gameplay, it was just nowhere near as polished as 2Most negative ratings seemed to have come after this game initial release. I can understand where people are coming from in being die hard L4D1 fans previously. However, i started with L4D2 first over a year ago, and it is the BEST online game i have played to date. I bought L4D2 about 6 months ago and while it still have that awesome L4D gameplay, it was just nowhere near as polished as 2 for me. I like in 2 how there is comedy and interesting levels, where 1 seems to have focused more on the horror effect, where there is a dark and gloomy atmosphere. To be honest, i don't see how the atmosphere really makes the game better or worse.

Left 4 Dead 2 has a huge replay value. You can go on and on and constantly learn new things. I personally play all game types, but usually prefer versus. This is one of those games where it will constantly evolve into a better game. The online community is still very strong (even in 1). It is definitely hard to start off when you don't know maps etc. My suggestion is to read/watch some strategy guides or videos.
  9. Apr 21, 2011
    It's not as spooky or atmospheric or creative as the first game, but the gameplay is improved, the graphics are improved, and the versus mode is not only playable, but is also the most fun I've had in a multiplayer zombie game since the craziest nights of Zombie Master.
  10. May 21, 2011
    This is one of the best game ever. Plenty of fun with friends and a very enjoyable versus mode. The coop system is the best ever seen in the games history. The animations are incredibly fluid, some of the best I've seen so far in a game. The dialogues are great, the characters say a lot of different things and are never annoying or ripetitive. Definitely a masterpiece!
  11. Oct 31, 2011
    Let's get one thing straight. L4D2 is not a mere expansion pack. It's not Left 4 Dead 1.5, but Left 4 Dead 2.0 as the title suggests. There's twice as many guns, melee weapons can be used as secondary, new equipment and grenades, new enemies, more campaigns which last longer, new characters who join originals and new maps as well as new game modes. There's Realism, scavenge and more mapsLet's get one thing straight. L4D2 is not a mere expansion pack. It's not Left 4 Dead 1.5, but Left 4 Dead 2.0 as the title suggests. There's twice as many guns, melee weapons can be used as secondary, new equipment and grenades, new enemies, more campaigns which last longer, new characters who join originals and new maps as well as new game modes. There's Realism, scavenge and more maps for survival. It's a new game alright- a great continuation from Left 4 Dead. So why do I only give it 7/10? Simply put, the game's appeal doesn't last too long. No matter how much you add to it, killing zombies gets boring very quickly. The achievements, as usual with Valve games, are creative but pointless. Zombies in CoD are way more addicting even without achievements. If you liked Left 4 Dead, this is definitely worth gettiing. But despite the AI director in both games, it's just not addicting. I suppose in CoD Zombies it's addicting to beat your best. Here, in survival mode, it just doesn't grip me at all. Maybe it's the gameplay mechanics, maybe it's that in CoD you get 2 types of zombie. Issues still exist with the AI though. They'll try to heal you when you don't need it, for example, in the middle of a horde. Their only use is as a storage for all the pills and healthpacks you didn't pick up. Generally, Valve's shooter doesn't feel like a 2009/10 release due to the Counter-strike gameplay. With their games, it's much more about the concept rather than the intricate details. Overall, the game is a complete package, since you get survival, co-op, single-player, and competitive multiplayer where you play as the zombies as well. It's a good game, but still not one I'd want to play for a long time. Expand
  12. Nov 8, 2011
    an FPS game that is brilliant! the gameplay is awsome for a fps, the guns are awsome but lack a little variety. The only reason to really buy this game is to play online, single player id give it a 6, multiplayer online is a for sure 10. The replayability in this game is great, youll notice yourself playing it after you get bored at first from time to time and casually play it here andan FPS game that is brilliant! the gameplay is awsome for a fps, the guns are awsome but lack a little variety. The only reason to really buy this game is to play online, single player id give it a 6, multiplayer online is a for sure 10. The replayability in this game is great, youll notice yourself playing it after you get bored at first from time to time and casually play it here and there. great game online, well worth the buy. Expand
  13. Dec 11, 2011
    Left 4 Dead 2 is an enjoyable game to play. Like most games these days the game shines more in the multiplayer aspect and the numerous mods and addons that one can acquire through various means. These addons and multiplayer flavors are where the fun is. The single player is tolerable and is fun to play when bored but the AI really is sub par (the other survivors have god-like accuracy butLeft 4 Dead 2 is an enjoyable game to play. Like most games these days the game shines more in the multiplayer aspect and the numerous mods and addons that one can acquire through various means. These addons and multiplayer flavors are where the fun is. The single player is tolerable and is fun to play when bored but the AI really is sub par (the other survivors have god-like accuracy but are dumb as a rock in relation to self preservation, i feel as if i am babysitting them in most situations). But if you are playing L4D:2 you need to be playing it with other people as the additional survivors or as the special infected. In summation the game as a whole is worth playing and is highly replayable, but if you are more of a loner and play singleplayer exclusively then you may want to overlook this title and perhaps pick up another zombie shooter that caters to the storyline and solo play. Expand
  14. Oct 26, 2012
    I've actually had this game for around 2 years, I just haven't gotten around to reviewing it till now. That said, I don't play it that often.

The Negatives: Pretty typical plot and equally typical enemies. You have the big slow but strong enemy with lots of health, the kamikaze enemy who explodes if you let him get too close, and the normal zombies don't do much other than run into your bullets or melee. Then you have three basically identical enemies who incapacitate you and then you need someone else to help you out.

The positive: The multiplayer is where the game shines - with good planning you can quickly kill the opposing team and if you are the humans then you need to have quick reflexes and be able to adapt to the situation fast.

Unfortunately, there are times when it is wiser to just let your teammates die because they died much further behind everyone else and going back risks the entire team. I don't feel that is great team play, but that's how the game works out sometimes.

At the end of the day, if you enjoy a pvp oriented first person shooter that requires a bit more than just point and shoot you will enjoy this game. If your more of a single player or your looking for an interesting story... keep looking.

Even in purely pvp standpoint I would recommend quite a few other FPS shooters before this one unless you love zombies or something.
  15. Nov 1, 2012
    I don't understand how this game got so many high ratings, a very overrated game. Game play is extremely shallow, its basically just a shooting gallery over and over. Zombie ai is pathetic and levels are very boring. I only spent 5$ on it during steam sale and I almost feel ripped off. If you just want to play with a friend and blast through waves of zombies and THAT IS IT, then hey thisI don't understand how this game got so many high ratings, a very overrated game. Game play is extremely shallow, its basically just a shooting gallery over and over. Zombie ai is pathetic and levels are very boring. I only spent 5$ on it during steam sale and I almost feel ripped off. If you just want to play with a friend and blast through waves of zombies and THAT IS IT, then hey this game may be for you, otherwise keep clear. Expand
  16. Jun 1, 2012
    Rating of this game really depends on YOUR circumstances. What I mean is, if you have a ton of gamer friends who play at the same times/frequency as you, this game can be GREAT fun, especially with versus matches. If on the other hand, you do NOT have a ton of friends you can play with, the general community of L4D2 is some of the worst I have ever seen. Because the game content is soRating of this game really depends on YOUR circumstances. What I mean is, if you have a ton of gamer friends who play at the same times/frequency as you, this game can be GREAT fun, especially with versus matches. If on the other hand, you do NOT have a ton of friends you can play with, the general community of L4D2 is some of the worst I have ever seen. Because the game content is so limited, multiplayer is very important to the longevity of this game. Often I have encountered all varieties of douches - whether they use up all the health packs just to troll, refuse to help their teammates, run off like Rambo into the distance and then die, join your expert level difficulty games in which they gun everyone down before leaving immediately, abuse the microphone and kicking functions, rage quitters left and right, team killers - really, the list is endless. The randoms community is generally terrible to play a game with, particularly in versus. In my own personal experience, I have a survival rate of 99% and never get accuracy below 30%, I frequently get accused of hacking because of my ability to spot enemies and dispatch them quickly, often (90%+) top damage in versus, and yet I have often been the scapegoat for "why we are losing", and subsequently kicked despite being decently skilled as survivors and zombies. It could just be terrible luck of the draw, but you definitely encounter these kinds of folks if you play this game with randoms. While you cannot blame the developers for attracting such a freak show, there are plenty of other things you can still blame them with. If you like single player, you will find that it the game is basically L4D1 in mechanics, graphics and gameplay. The new weapons are more like an expansion pack than an entire sequel, and while levels are very different experiences, it is so much the same game they easily ported the L4D1 maps over. Story line is minimal as it was in the previous L4D, and levels are still designed so that in reality, you could easily avoid lots of the terrible situations they put themselves in by simply climbing a fence. There are a lot of piss-off-the-horde-and-then-dash-through-them scenarios, where if you stop pushing you will most certainly die because of your ammo will run out, and zombies like to run these comically stupid zig-zags which make them more difficult to shoot, but make absolutely no sense. My overall verdict: if its $5 on steam, it's a good deal. If you have lots of friends who will play, it's great fun. Overall its neither novel nor spectacular in any sense. Collapse
  17. May 7, 2012
    A great game.The graphics are nice, the campaigns awesome and the new infected are really nice to play with in versus mode! The game modes are interesting and challenging, requires intelligence to play as Infected to hit-and-run.The price isn't very high (13.99 euro here) and it is totally worth it!
  18. May 9, 2012
    Left 4 Dead 2 is bloody, fun and really successful. Not only multipalyer is fun, even the single player is fun. It doesn't want hard specs and It's amazing. The only bad thing there is that It doesn't have checkpoint in single player. Overall, it is amazing! (9.1)
  19. May 21, 2012
    L4D2 was the first L4D I've played and I like it very much. I give out 10 of 10 points because the game does what a game should to do: Fun.
    I play the whole time VS and sure, sometimes you've got problems with flamers and griefers, but sometimes you've got also good teams and a lot of fun. One of the best MP-FPS I've played.
  20. Jul 1, 2012
    If you can find it at a low price, this game is definitely worth having. I've heard that it's not a huge improvement from the original game, but I've not played it to give a valuable comparison. However, from what I have played of L4D2 I can say it does have a somewhat short campaign, but the DLC that has been released for the game does add new stages to survive through, and nonethelessIf you can find it at a low price, this game is definitely worth having. I've heard that it's not a huge improvement from the original game, but I've not played it to give a valuable comparison. However, from what I have played of L4D2 I can say it does have a somewhat short campaign, but the DLC that has been released for the game does add new stages to survive through, and nonetheless this game has a charm created by the several zombie types and the randomization of how/when and in what quantities they come at you that lets you have a lot of fun with your friends online every time you play.

It's not the type of game that you play non-stop for several weeks or months, at least not for me, but it is the type of game that you can always pick up and play when you're in the mood and you'll be guaranteed a good hour, or two, or four each sitting. Really fun game and a good addition to the Valve library.
  21. Apr 23, 2013
    The fun and joy of completing the game on expert draws you in; the Versus mode ensures you keep coming back.
    The variety because of the different maps, the different unknown combinations of Special Infected you're facing and the alternation between Survivors and Infected, makes the Versus mode irresistible.
    This is definitely one of my favorite games and a keeper.
  22. Aug 27, 2013
    This game is freaking amazing. Having not played the first game, I feel I missed out on something but I'll probably pick it up one of these days. As for L4D2, I picked it up on a Steam Summer Sale a few years back and it's become one of my most played Steam titles and one of my favorite games ever, and that's saying a lot since I've played a LOT of games in my life. The best part is, ifThis game is freaking amazing. Having not played the first game, I feel I missed out on something but I'll probably pick it up one of these days. As for L4D2, I picked it up on a Steam Summer Sale a few years back and it's become one of my most played Steam titles and one of my favorite games ever, and that's saying a lot since I've played a LOT of games in my life. The best part is, if you don't like something about the game, you can probably improve it or at least add to it with the Steam Workshop, including mods that make your CPU allies more useful, and entire new campaigns to run through with friends. I'd have given this game a lower score if I were to account for the awful, rude, and constantly-griefing PvP community. It's League of Legends bad. If you find decent people to play with, however, or you just like going solo, this is the best zombie shooter ever made. Expand
  23. Oct 8, 2012
    just like the first game it was a huge sucsess and an enjoable game, story was actually interesting , and made me connect to the characters, the graphics were pretty good as well, and new weapons and the option for melee made killing zombies a whole new level of fun, and even the small jokes every now and than are great! people thought it might be a bad idea to make another l4d but theyjust like the first game it was a huge sucsess and an enjoable game, story was actually interesting , and made me connect to the characters, the graphics were pretty good as well, and new weapons and the option for melee made killing zombies a whole new level of fun, and even the small jokes every now and than are great! people thought it might be a bad idea to make another l4d but they were wrong, ohh they were so wrong! Expand
  24. Jan 30, 2013
    Left 4 Dead 2 is very entertaining to play as single player or with friends. Gameplay is really easy to learn, just a few button and you can do all basic tasks. Needs more weapons and maps thought, but also has very good range of addons which user can install. Really, only big lack is too few single player modes: need scavenge, versus and survival single player too!
  25. Sep 1, 2013
    The best co-op and zombie game ever the graphics are decent and the gameplay is great it is built for the PC as well the DLC is great bu the mods and free campaigns are so good and the Steam Workshop items really make it your own game
  26. Nov 30, 2013
    This is a strong sequel that adds some good new features without changing the fundamentals of the original. There are new items, weapons, characters, weapons, levels and the like as well as new music. The only real problem is that the core experience tends to get quite repetitive as all you're really doing is shooting, shooting and more shooting to get to the safe house or rescue point.This is a strong sequel that adds some good new features without changing the fundamentals of the original. There are new items, weapons, characters, weapons, levels and the like as well as new music. The only real problem is that the core experience tends to get quite repetitive as all you're really doing is shooting, shooting and more shooting to get to the safe house or rescue point. However, the experience is great for the most part and can definitely be a whole lot of fun, especially with friends in co-op. Expand
  27. Oct 1, 2013
    Left 4 Dead 2 brings everything great from the first one and adds more to it. With 4 new characters (who i dislike more than the original 4), new levels, and new special infected. To add to this, they also included the 4 original maps, plus the original characters to play as. The special infected AI is a lot better in this game, and with the addition of more special infected, make theLeft 4 Dead 2 brings everything great from the first one and adds more to it. With 4 new characters (who i dislike more than the original 4), new levels, and new special infected. To add to this, they also included the 4 original maps, plus the original characters to play as. The special infected AI is a lot better in this game, and with the addition of more special infected, make the difficulty of this game higher, which is very nice. Obviously like the first one, this game should be played online, not alone, as the AI stupidity still seems to be relevant. What sends this game so far above the first, is the addition of the Steam Workshop. There are so many addons you can put into the game to have fun and so many maps you can download. This is easily the best multiplayer game I have ever played. Expand
  28. Oct 23, 2013
    Valve seemed to rush about publishing this title, mentioning that there's not much changes disappointingly. Not much additions have been added, despite some changes on weaponry, characters, special infected and maps. It also manages to feel relatively the same as it's predecessor, meaning that this game would be fantastic as a DLC. But, if you're able to avoid thinking about the lack ofValve seemed to rush about publishing this title, mentioning that there's not much changes disappointingly. Not much additions have been added, despite some changes on weaponry, characters, special infected and maps. It also manages to feel relatively the same as it's predecessor, meaning that this game would be fantastic as a DLC. But, if you're able to avoid thinking about the lack of innovation, you are going to have a blast. But, be sure to bring a friend with you to really achieve the satisfaction of winning a game, because playing alone, while fun, it gets stale.
    The variety of guns is rather huge, and melee weapons are added to this sequel too. There's not much change on guns, but the addition of melee weapons is rewarding. They are fun and satisfying to use.
    Special infected appear in this game, with some more types of them. They are satisfying to kill, and they have their unique abilities for attacking the players. Along with the common zombies, all of them are rewarding to kill.
    Making strategy is the smartest and the best way to survive. It's ultimately unforgettable when you make strategy with your friends, and actually winning the level.
    This game would score an eight, if not of this negative: the lack of level variation.
    Blasting through zombies, while fun at first, it can get monotone doing the same thing every time. Why don't you add an interesting twist on the level, and not doing the same thing every time It's disappointing to see this issue, and I hope they'll fix this in Left 4 Dead 3. Well, if it's going to be out in the first place.
    Left 4 Dead 2, despite having a lack of innovation and level variation, it's brutally entertaining for both casual and hardcore players. (Final Score: 7.67)
  29. Nov 15, 2013
    I wouldnt call it as an sequel. Rather an expansion. Because Valve threw all that stuff that was supposed to come into L4D1 to L4D2 thus making it a new game. That made many scratch theyr heads, Why the F did i buy the first game then to begin with? But it had drawbacks. The characters were simply boring. The originals were so different yet they connected perfectly. Campaigns didnt haveI wouldnt call it as an sequel. Rather an expansion. Because Valve threw all that stuff that was supposed to come into L4D1 to L4D2 thus making it a new game. That made many scratch theyr heads, Why the F did i buy the first game then to begin with? But it had drawbacks. The characters were simply boring. The originals were so different yet they connected perfectly. Campaigns didnt have that dark atmosphere that the first game delivered. Sure you got melee weapons which most people swap with the deagle anyway. New infected. And survival was swapped with gathering gas cans. The only plus side is the modding community that sadly swapped from L4D to L4D2 thus creating more campaigns and keeping the game alive. But it was still rushed to make some quick easy bucks... Expand
  30. Oct 27, 2013
    Doesn't do anything that couldn't have been achieved with a Left 4 Dead Expansion.

Hopefully, Left 4 Dead 3 will actually add something new to the series.
  31. Jun 1, 2012

L4D2 delivers multiple improvements over its predecessor, and I get to keep all my fingers and toes.
    It remains one of the most distinctive co-operative titles out there, and allows for some of the most nerve-searing team-based multiplayer gaming on the market.
  3. Whereas once we treated Left 4 Dead as a stopgap between Half-Lifes, this is no longer a weird little side project with modest expectations, and Valve is confident enough to play around with it, safe in the knowledge that you can trust your players. Left 4 Dead proved it. And whereas that game had a personality, this one is overflowing with it.