8.4

1. Aug 24, 2010
    All I can say, is that this game is a **** awesome sequel to Left 4 Dead, ticked all my boxes, nothing negative comes to mind. Awesome! The gameplay is awesome in multiplayer, had tones of fun, the new infected are fun to kill and are fun to play as! Very very verry good game :D
  2. Aug 20, 2013
    Left 4 Dead 2, this game is just awesome, you can even make a model and put it into game and play it with that add-on, just awesome. I really enjoy this game!
  3. Sep 9, 2010
    This is is trully amazing than L4D.
    There are lotta improvements ,gameplay, and a bit storylines too....
    The graphics are nice too....but i think the Valve company is too rushed about this game bcoz this game release after 1 year making a L4D...... The multiplayers is great but lag can cause the people to go annoyed....like the incoming attack. Bugs and glitches are not much since
    This is is trully amazing than L4D.
    There are lotta improvements ,gameplay, and a bit storylines too....

Bugs and glitches are not much since the updates were released.
  4. May 28, 2014
    Ahh remember when valve still made games? Loved this game and series. Probably one of the better multiplayer experiences I've had, when you have a good and functional team on either side it can be such a rush. Really needed intelligent ranking team pairing though.

The modded servers are absolutely stupid 90 percent of the time but I made an effort to get banned from them all.
  5. Oct 11, 2010
    Do not underestimate versus fun you can get from this game. Do not try to play single player. Get out there, find a lobby and aid other survivors against endless horde of zombies. Once you get the point, you can't let it go. Absolutely wonderful on many levels.
  6. Mar 8, 2011
    Decent game, although they didn't change that much from the original L4D i still enjoyed it. The promised revamped AI director wasn't as amazing. The voice acting(especially rochelle) hasn't been as good. The new alarm events, new infected, and new gamemode (including mutation) are pretty creative and fun though. Although campaign can get too easy and boring over time, i feel the strengthDecent game, although they didn't change that much from the original L4D i still enjoyed it. The promised revamped AI director wasn't as amazing. The voice acting(especially rochelle) hasn't been as good. The new alarm events, new infected, and new gamemode (including mutation) are pretty creative and fun though. Although campaign can get too easy and boring over time, i feel the strength of this game lies in its multiplayer. It is immensely fun to play with friends, whether you are dominating in pubs or are playing against challenging opponents. There are learning curves and strategies to play both the infected and survivor, and valve designed it so it is easy to pick up for beginners, while maintaining a high skill ceiling for advance players to hone their tricks. Once again Valve never disappoints. Expand
  7. Apr 19, 2011
    Most negative ratings seemed to have come after this game initial release. I can understand where people are coming from in being die hard L4D1 fans previously. However, i started with L4D2 first over a year ago, and it is the BEST online game i have played to date. I bought L4D2 about 6 months ago and while it still have that awesome L4D gameplay, it was just nowhere near as polished as 2Most negative ratings seemed to have come after this game initial release. I can understand where people are coming from in being die hard L4D1 fans previously. However, i started with L4D2 first over a year ago, and it is the BEST online game i have played to date. I bought L4D2 about 6 months ago and while it still have that awesome L4D gameplay, it was just nowhere near as polished as 2 for me. I like in 2 how there is comedy and interesting levels, where 1 seems to have focused more on the horror effect, where there is a dark and gloomy atmosphere. To be honest, i don't see how the atmosphere really makes the game better or worse.

Left 4 Dead 2 has a huge replay value. You can go on and on and constantly learn new things. I personally play all game types, but usually prefer versus. This is one of those games where it will constantly evolve into a better game. The online community is still very strong (even in 1). It is definitely hard to start off when you don't know maps etc. My suggestion is to read/watch some strategy guides or videos.
  8. Apr 21, 2011
    It's not as spooky or atmospheric or creative as the first game, but the gameplay is improved, the graphics are improved, and the versus mode is not only playable, but is also the most fun I've had in a multiplayer zombie game since the craziest nights of Zombie Master.
  9. May 21, 2011
    This is one of the best game ever. Plenty of fun with friends and a very enjoyable versus mode. The coop system is the best ever seen in the games history. The animations are incredibly fluid, some of the best I've seen so far in a game. The dialogues are great, the characters say a lot of different things and are never annoying or ripetitive. Definitely a masterpiece!
  10. Nov 8, 2011
    an FPS game that is brilliant! the gameplay is awsome for a fps, the guns are awsome but lack a little variety. The only reason to really buy this game is to play online, single player id give it a 6, multiplayer online is a for sure 10. The replayability in this game is great, youll notice yourself playing it after you get bored at first from time to time and casually play it here andan FPS game that is brilliant! the gameplay is awsome for a fps, the guns are awsome but lack a little variety. The only reason to really buy this game is to play online, single player id give it a 6, multiplayer online is a for sure 10. The replayability in this game is great, youll notice yourself playing it after you get bored at first from time to time and casually play it here and there. great game online, well worth the buy. Expand
  11. Dec 11, 2011
    Left 4 Dead 2 is an enjoyable game to play. Like most games these days the game shines more in the multiplayer aspect and the numerous mods and addons that one can acquire through various means. These addons and multiplayer flavors are where the fun is. The single player is tolerable and is fun to play when bored but the AI really is sub par (the other survivors have god-like accuracy butLeft 4 Dead 2 is an enjoyable game to play. Like most games these days the game shines more in the multiplayer aspect and the numerous mods and addons that one can acquire through various means. These addons and multiplayer flavors are where the fun is. The single player is tolerable and is fun to play when bored but the AI really is sub par (the other survivors have god-like accuracy but are dumb as a rock in relation to self preservation, i feel as if i am babysitting them in most situations). But if you are playing L4D:2 you need to be playing it with other people as the additional survivors or as the special infected. In summation the game as a whole is worth playing and is highly replayable, but if you are more of a loner and play singleplayer exclusively then you may want to overlook this title and perhaps pick up another zombie shooter that caters to the storyline and solo play. Expand
  12. May 7, 2012
    A great game.The graphics are nice, the campaigns awesome and the new infected are really nice to play with in versus mode! The game modes are interesting and challenging, requires intelligence to play as Infected to hit-and-run.The price isn't very high (13.99 euro here) and it is totally worth it!
  13. May 9, 2012
    Left 4 Dead 2 is bloody, fun and really successful. Not only multipalyer is fun, even the single player is fun. It doesn't want hard specs and It's amazing. The only bad thing there is that It doesn't have checkpoint in single player. Overall, it is amazing! (9.1)
  14. May 21, 2012
    L4D2 was the first L4D I've played and I like it very much. I give out 10 of 10 points because the game does what a game should to do: Fun.
    I play the whole time VS and sure, sometimes you've got problems with flamers and griefers, but sometimes you've got also good teams and a lot of fun. One of the best MP-FPS I've played.
  15. Apr 23, 2013
    The fun and joy of completing the game on expert draws you in; the Versus mode ensures you keep coming back.
    The variety because of the different maps, the different unknown combinations of Special Infected you're facing and the alternation between Survivors and Infected, makes the Versus mode irresistible.
    This is definitely one of my favorite games and a keeper.
  16. Aug 27, 2013
    This game is freaking amazing. Having not played the first game, I feel I missed out on something but I'll probably pick it up one of these days. As for L4D2, I picked it up on a Steam Summer Sale a few years back and it's become one of my most played Steam titles and one of my favorite games ever, and that's saying a lot since I've played a LOT of games in my life. The best part is, ifThis game is freaking amazing. Having not played the first game, I feel I missed out on something but I'll probably pick it up one of these days. As for L4D2, I picked it up on a Steam Summer Sale a few years back and it's become one of my most played Steam titles and one of my favorite games ever, and that's saying a lot since I've played a LOT of games in my life. The best part is, if you don't like something about the game, you can probably improve it or at least add to it with the Steam Workshop, including mods that make your CPU allies more useful, and entire new campaigns to run through with friends. I'd have given this game a lower score if I were to account for the awful, rude, and constantly-griefing PvP community. It's League of Legends bad. If you find decent people to play with, however, or you just like going solo, this is the best zombie shooter ever made. Expand
  17. Oct 8, 2012
    just like the first game it was a huge sucsess and an enjoable game, story was actually interesting , and made me connect to the characters, the graphics were pretty good as well, and new weapons and the option for melee made killing zombies a whole new level of fun, and even the small jokes every now and than are great! people thought it might be a bad idea to make another l4d but theyjust like the first game it was a huge sucsess and an enjoable game, story was actually interesting , and made me connect to the characters, the graphics were pretty good as well, and new weapons and the option for melee made killing zombies a whole new level of fun, and even the small jokes every now and than are great! people thought it might be a bad idea to make another l4d but they were wrong, ohh they were so wrong! Expand
  18. Sep 1, 2013
    The best co-op and zombie game ever the graphics are decent and the gameplay is great it is built for the PC as well the DLC is great bu the mods and free campaigns are so good and the Steam Workshop items really make it your own game
  19. Oct 1, 2013
    Left 4 Dead 2 brings everything great from the first one and adds more to it. With 4 new characters (who i dislike more than the original 4), new levels, and new special infected. To add to this, they also included the 4 original maps, plus the original characters to play as. The special infected AI is a lot better in this game, and with the addition of more special infected, make theLeft 4 Dead 2 brings everything great from the first one and adds more to it. With 4 new characters (who i dislike more than the original 4), new levels, and new special infected. To add to this, they also included the 4 original maps, plus the original characters to play as. The special infected AI is a lot better in this game, and with the addition of more special infected, make the difficulty of this game higher, which is very nice. Obviously like the first one, this game should be played online, not alone, as the AI stupidity still seems to be relevant. What sends this game so far above the first, is the addition of the Steam Workshop. There are so many addons you can put into the game to have fun and so many maps you can download. This is easily the best multiplayer game I have ever played. Expand
  20. Nov 18, 2013
    Single Player/Multi Player (2/2)

(If the single player is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no multplayer) (If the multiplayer is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no single player) Gameplay (2/2) Visuals/Story (1/2) (If the visuals are better than the story, review this section as if it had no story) (If the story is
    Single Player/Multi Player (2/2)

Gameplay (2/2)

Visuals/Story (1/2)

Accessibility/Longevity (2/2)

Pricing (2/2)

Wildcard (+1)

21. Dec 30, 2013
    joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joyajoya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya Expand
  22. Jun 7, 2014
    The intense game-play, the weapons... The teamwork all just fits together in harmony when playing L4D2... I really wish a few things would change however these things are not even worth saying... Seriously good game and a worth sequel to L4D1.!
  23. Oct 11, 2014
    The greatest FPS ever created. Good AI, awesome team play and well done graphics. The bonus of fan created add-on campaigns and mods makes for near endless fresh gaming.
  24. Aug 23, 2010
    Left 4 Dead 2 is a great game that is probably the best FPS that i've played in a long time. I recoend this game to everybody. Its pure Great. This game has new levels, zombies, weapons, and chracters. anybody who likes First person shooters should get this game.
  25. Oct 17, 2010
    People, you can't downgrade a game meant to be coop because the Single Player is lousy. It's also not clear if you should be rating L4D2 relative to L4D, since that rating wouldn't matter to someone who doesn't have either. Rate L4D2 on its own merits, for how it's meant to be played, and if you do that, the game is practically flawless.
  26. Dec 26, 2010
    An overall very good game and great co-op experience with beautiful graphics. I only gave it a 9 because the characters are not as original as in L4D1, the maps designs are not as charming (although they're better in gameplay and many other ways) and the atmosphere is more like a mass-killing zombie game than a survival one. I was also deceived as in the first one that they didn't designAn overall very good game and great co-op experience with beautiful graphics. I only gave it a 9 because the characters are not as original as in L4D1, the maps designs are not as charming (although they're better in gameplay and many other ways) and the atmosphere is more like a mass-killing zombie game than a survival one. I was also deceived as in the first one that they didn't design the menu like a movie. Expand
  27. Jan 30, 2011
    I always have a good time on this game with my buddies, both in this and in Left 4 Dead. With custom content you'll never get bored. You can also make your own maps and skins for it if you take the time to learn. Great game, but make sure you have some friends to enjoy it with, and some free time to get good at the game!
  28. Jan 15, 2013
    Eerily similar to L4D, this game does not deserve to be called a "sequel". A fraction of the updates in TF2 could have created this game from it's predecessor L4D. Regardless, it is rather enjoyable and scary. There is nothing like the feeling you get when a boomer pops out from a corner and screws up your vision. Multiplayer is a veteran's game, so you better know what you're doingEerily similar to L4D, this game does not deserve to be called a "sequel". A fraction of the updates in TF2 could have created this game from it's predecessor L4D. Regardless, it is rather enjoyable and scary. There is nothing like the feeling you get when a boomer pops out from a corner and screws up your vision. Multiplayer is a veteran's game, so you better know what you're doing before joining ( a lot of people are very rude to noobs, which is honestly the worst part of this game, so if you can get past that you're golden). I bought this on sale for $5, and would have gladly paid $20 for it. The biggest problem with the multiplayer is that gameplay ends up being one-sided. There are 2 teams, and players enjoy stacking a lot. You'll often find yourself with utter noobs or else with extreme experts, in which case the game becomes anti-competitive. You can simply quit when this happens and join a fairer game, so I would highly recommend this 9/10. Expand
  29. Oct 6, 2010
    An amazing sequel. While many were worried that the quality of the game since there was such a short time period between this and the original game but I can safely say that Left 4 Dead 2 is amazing! The game is quite unmatched by any other zombie themed game. The addition of mellee weapons and new guns really added to the experience. With "Uncommon Infected" and new Special InfectedAn amazing sequel. While many were worried that the quality of the game since there was such a short time period between this and the original game but I can safely say that Left 4 Dead 2 is amazing! The game is quite unmatched by any other zombie themed game. The addition of mellee weapons and new guns really added to the experience. With "Uncommon Infected" and new Special Infected added, the campaigns could never be more fun. The enw characters are colorful, interesting, and funny yet still insanely realistic. This game is gleaming with Valve's polish and it shows, it really does. Expand
  30. May 15, 2012
    This is the BEST GAME I EVER PLAYED. Soon i will have 3000 hours on this game, playing it since the Beta in 2008. Addictive, Fun, Competitive, Fast, Perfect. The MUST-HAVE Competitive FPS !

L4D2 delivers multiple improvements over its predecessor, and I get to keep all my fingers and toes.
    It remains one of the most distinctive co-operative titles out there, and allows for some of the most nerve-searing team-based multiplayer gaming on the market.
  3. Whereas once we treated Left 4 Dead as a stopgap between Half-Lifes, this is no longer a weird little side project with modest expectations, and Valve is confident enough to play around with it, safe in the knowledge that you can trust your players. Left 4 Dead proved it. And whereas that game had a personality, this one is overflowing with it.