8.4

1. Jul 5, 2011
    Left 4 Dead (2) Series is just amazing i just loving killing me some zombies i dunno maybe because i'm a gun nut and have my own arsenal of weapons for such occasions and just want practice. Anyway This is a great Multiplayer Platform you can team up against zombies or become a special zombie on teams against each other.
  2. Jul 11, 2011
    This is a typical game to just get ur head clear and mindlessly kill all that walks, if ur a game addict its not to play 24/7 youll get mad but its a lovely way to just do something elsze with friends for a change,
    i love it!
  3. Aug 9, 2011
    The great part about Valve is that they patch the game, add new content based on player's interests and no longer allow it to go stale. I have at least 600 hours into the game and have learned specific tactics for taking out the special infected while most people run aimlessly out to their death. It's a team-based game where if you stay together, the chances of survival are high. CoolThe great part about Valve is that they patch the game, add new content based on player's interests and no longer allow it to go stale. I have at least 600 hours into the game and have learned specific tactics for taking out the special infected while most people run aimlessly out to their death. It's a team-based game where if you stay together, the chances of survival are high. Cool binds to use such as taunt, yes, no, take the lead, stick that up your a$$, etc. make for some interesting jokes even if everyone is already on voice chat. What you're really doing is making a movie and if you're one of the 4 star actors you're able to take a break and watch. I love how the game seamlessly as well as instantly adds new players or replaces them with bots without some lengthy game re-load or re-sync making everyone wait. It was remarked that the grenade launcher sitting out in the open for anyone to grab and descimate the game solo was making the game too easy and allowing people to leave the rest 4 dead, so Valve moved them to more hidden areas so players had to search for the big guns. I hope it's evolution continues. Expand
  4. Sep 6, 2011
    Woah woah woah... time out. All these people complain about L4D2 being the same thing as L4D, but that simply isn't true! At its core, yes, L4D2 is the same but so is every game on the market. Halo is still a shooter, Command and Conquer is still a strategy game, Starcraft is still epic, Episode 3 still isn't released, and Left 4 Dead is still a co-op zombie survival game. Just becauseWoah woah woah... time out. All these people complain about L4D2 being the same thing as L4D, but that simply isn't true! At its core, yes, L4D2 is the same but so is every game on the market. Halo is still a shooter, Command and Conquer is still a strategy game, Starcraft is still epic, Episode 3 still isn't released, and Left 4 Dead is still a co-op zombie survival game. Just because Valve didn't go for L4D2: Cooking Mama as their sequel doesn't mean they're ripping us off. This game easily has enough new content to teach Infinity Ward and Treyarch a thing or two.

Valve obviously worked hard to make the original experience much more fun in every aspect and they definitely delivered. The only thing that I would have docked a point for is not having enough maps, but free DLC took care of that. Besides, I had to do something to even out all the people trying to say the game hadn't changed. I wouldn't be surprised if half of them don't even own the game.
  5. Dec 2, 2012
    Yes, it's a decent sequel with big amount of changes over it's predecessor, which can't be simply packed in a DLC. This game is about teamplay and replayability - i'm playing it with my friends with VoIP and i played more than 400 hours in total and not yet bore with. One of the best co-op, PvP and overall games in my life.
  6. Nov 2, 2011
    Awesome coop game, the value of the free dlcs and the game itself make it a masterpiece.
    **** to the ones saying that it's the same old **** if the game has changed the same guys would be the first saying "oh no, ****ty game, those dubass changed everything and now is totally different, why would they did that? Vote: 4, 0, 2". Buy it.
  7. Sep 30, 2011
    I'm coming up to playing 300 hours on this game. This game would have to be my favorite game. The only bad thing I can say about this game isn't actually about the game itself but the ****heads who play it online. Other than that I love this game and play it almost daily.
  8. Sep 28, 2011
    This is a superb co-op game still being played now almost 3 years after its release. Its a game where you only get out of it what you put into it. Players are expected to help each other, in an environment where anyone can just into your game and leave as easily you have to be expecting the odd pain. The variation in the kind of teams you can find yourself fighting with adds a lot to thisThis is a superb co-op game still being played now almost 3 years after its release. Its a game where you only get out of it what you put into it. Players are expected to help each other, in an environment where anyone can just into your game and leave as easily you have to be expecting the odd pain. The variation in the kind of teams you can find yourself fighting with adds a lot to this games re-playability.
    The game has been consistently supported with patching, new official maps, new play modes. There are tonnes of servers still providing loads of free online multiplay. On top of that you get a game which all other co-op zombie shooters are compared against as it still is the best one one the market hands down. The game has co-op campaign, versus, survival (with leaderboard), single-play and scavenge modes. You will make new friends playing this game, and there are some very good people playing this game now-a-days with many of the turkeys having gotten bored of cheating and pk'ing.
  9. Oct 15, 2011
    This is an awesome game due to the replay value. The "Director" changes the campaigns every time you play to spawn the horde, witches, and tanks in different locations every time (or no witches or tanks at all). The graphics are fantastic for anyone that has a 4 to 5 year old computer as of 2011; the FPS is superb (depending on your computers video card and RAM) and works flawlessly forThis is an awesome game due to the replay value. The "Director" changes the campaigns every time you play to spawn the horde, witches, and tanks in different locations every time (or no witches or tanks at all). The graphics are fantastic for anyone that has a 4 to 5 year old computer as of 2011; the FPS is superb (depending on your computers video card and RAM) and works flawlessly for me.
    The Vs Mode is awesome - sometimes you have a good team and sometimes you don't; sometimes you have people who stay when they are losing or some who leave (ragers) because they're losing. The "Director" does a great job making the Vs campaigns random.
    The Mutation mode offers some different styles of gameplay; while some are not great - others are exciting to play.
    Survival Mode: How long can you survive against the horde (need I say more?)
    If you want to up the difficulty, play Vs Realism which doesn't show the survivors outlines if you are a survivor (playing normal as survivors, you would see an outline of your team but not in Realism)
    Also - you can download custom maps and campaigns and all other sorts of things to customize the game (look at: http://www.l4dmaps.com/l4d2/ ).
    Full score and highly recommend.
  10. Apr 22, 2013
    The reason for rewarding Left 4 dead 2 a pure 10, is simple. There is no competitor out there to what this game delivers and what it delivers is great. Even 4 years after it came out, it is still the absolute most fun co-op game out there, with up to 4 people. Even greater is the versus mode, where 2 teams of 4 take turn playing the special effected. It's easy to get into, so great forThe reason for rewarding Left 4 dead 2 a pure 10, is simple. There is no competitor out there to what this game delivers and what it delivers is great. Even 4 years after it came out, it is still the absolute most fun co-op game out there, with up to 4 people. Even greater is the versus mode, where 2 teams of 4 take turn playing the special effected. It's easy to get into, so great for newcomers and hard to master. Expand
  11. Nov 8, 2011
    an FPS game that is brilliant! the gameplay is awsome for a fps, the guns are awsome but lack a little variety. The only reason to really buy this game is to play online, single player id give it a 6, multiplayer online is a for sure 10. The replayability in this game is great, youll notice yourself playing it after you get bored at first from time to time and casually play it here andan FPS game that is brilliant! the gameplay is awsome for a fps, the guns are awsome but lack a little variety. The only reason to really buy this game is to play online, single player id give it a 6, multiplayer online is a for sure 10. The replayability in this game is great, youll notice yourself playing it after you get bored at first from time to time and casually play it here and there. great game online, well worth the buy. Expand
  12. Dec 16, 2011
    This is the most bloody game from all games witch I played, it's also very funny, Valve is based on "team" games, like Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead(1) and Half-Life(with his broters: CS, CSS)... @VonCarlsson, you're right, but, you can also try survivor mode, wich is very funny sometimes, it doesn't worth 4 mark, no way, anyway, this just the begin, I think the CS: Global Offensive willThis is the most bloody game from all games witch I played, it's also very funny, Valve is based on "team" games, like Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead(1) and Half-Life(with his broters: CS, CSS)... @VonCarlsson, you're right, but, you can also try survivor mode, wich is very funny sometimes, it doesn't worth 4 mark, no way, anyway, this just the begin, I think the CS: Global Offensive will be disappointing for most of us... Expand
  13. Dec 21, 2011
    Best game ever! Played is now for more then 600 hours. Every minute is still very fun to play. If I have to mention one point that is not so good are the players online, 40% sucks ;-)
    Hoping for Left 4 Dead 3!
  14. Dec 29, 2011
    Left 4 Dead 2 is an improvement on it's predecessor in every possible way. Better overall play, added hand to hand variety, better performance, less bugs, hours of playing Co-op, Solo, Versus and of course, now a more versatile Battle "Special Zombie Players vs Survival Players" match. Totally worths it.
  15. Dec 31, 2011
    I signed up just to make a review on this. As an experienced player of the Left 4 Dead franchise, I have accumulated about 2000 hours on Left 4 Dead 2, and about 350 on Left 4 Dead. What I have to say about this game is related to it's gameplay, AI, and the community itself. To begin with, the gameplay is exactly the same as the original. There are new throwables, melee weapons, and theI signed up just to make a review on this. As an experienced player of the Left 4 Dead franchise, I have accumulated about 2000 hours on Left 4 Dead 2, and about 350 on Left 4 Dead. What I have to say about this game is related to it's gameplay, AI, and the community itself. To begin with, the gameplay is exactly the same as the original. There are new throwables, melee weapons, and the original pistols that turned out to be the only secondary in the original Left 4 Dead. As of today, there is no real point in purchasing the original Left 4 Dead, because everything in Left 4 Dead 2 contains whatever is in Left 4 Dead 1. Everything is smooth, clean, and the graphics are stunning(not that it should be a major factor). The AI is intended to be smart and not idiotic. People have way too high expectations for the AI. Of course at some times the AI will fail to meet your humane, on-the-double needs, but that doesn't mean you can't do it over again. I say this because people who give up because the AI is too "stupid" have no patience for a game, and quit way too easily. The AI, during other game modes, follow suit. They kill on sight, and will wind up getting attacked more often than not, but are definitely all valuable and should not be wasted. As for the infected AI, I'm sorry to hear that you're infuriated that there are no new skins. There is a new skin, and it's the improved version of the original. The infected have succumbed further to the infection than they did in the original. The infected are smart and are meant to be on par with the intelligence of your Survivor allies. The producer's intentions are to come at you with full assault with small breaks in between. Without it, it'd be boring. As for the community(and this is my favorite part), you must bring friends. And if you're lucky, you're be grouped with exceptional, advanced, weathered players. The attitude towards each other in games like Versus and Scavenge are aggressive, and full of smack talk. If you want to keep your cool, don't say anything at all. Smack talk is a strategy to knock your focus off-course. Everyone in this game groups up on unsuspecting players in order to "stomp" them, known as pubstompers.

TL;DR

The main purpose of this game is to be grouped up with complete strangers and thrown straight into the fire, where you must work together to weather the storm of zombies and special infected, all while reaching the end together, or by yourself. Whether it be real people or AI you're working with(or against), you're definitely going to be put to the test in a fast-paced game such as this.
  16. Jan 17, 2012
    Contains well thought out plot for a zombie apocolypse. Is very faithful to the original game containing new units, superior graphics, and very oriented around game play with friends. 10/10
  17. Dec 31, 2012
    Amazing! L4D2 is simply a lot of fun to play. So if one loves FPS, zombies, and online gameplay, one will simply adore this game. That said this is not a game to be taken too seriously. Just set back, relax, kill hordes of zombies and have lots fun doing so.
  18. Mar 19, 2012
    This is a First Person Shooter COOP based game. There are several modes on this game, i have play more than 50 hours in online campaign and it is an excellent mode. In this mode, you and 3 other players will fight you way through several big locations in cities and forests and will be attacked by hordes and hordes of zombies (different kind of zombies). Several weapons are available,This is a First Person Shooter COOP based game. There are several modes on this game, i have play more than 50 hours in online campaign and it is an excellent mode. In this mode, you and 3 other players will fight you way through several big locations in cities and forests and will be attacked by hordes and hordes of zombies (different kind of zombies). Several weapons are available, like AK-47 and shotguns, bats and guitars for melee attacks are also important. One campaign can take you more than one hour and a half, and there are more than 10 in the game; also, tons of community content is available and the quality of some of these content is amazing. For achievement hunters, the Steam version have Steam achievements. Also, if are planing to get these game but you are not decided to get it on PC or Xbox, i have to said that the Xbox version is great, but if you have a PC then get the PC version is prettier, faster and with more detailed effects.

Thanks.
  19. May 7, 2012
    A great game.The graphics are nice, the campaigns awesome and the new infected are really nice to play with in versus mode! The game modes are interesting and challenging, requires intelligence to play as Infected to hit-and-run.The price isn't very high (13.99 euro here) and it is totally worth it!
  20. May 15, 2012
    This is the BEST GAME I EVER PLAYED. Soon i will have 3000 hours on this game, playing it since the Beta in 2008. Addictive, Fun, Competitive, Fast, Perfect. The MUST-HAVE Competitive FPS !
  21. May 21, 2012
    L4D2 was the first L4D I've played and I like it very much. I give out 10 of 10 points because the game does what a game should to do: Fun.
    I play the whole time VS and sure, sometimes you've got problems with flamers and griefers, but sometimes you've got also good teams and a lot of fun. One of the best MP-FPS I've played.
  22. May 22, 2012
    Simply a fun game to play. What makes it fun is the way you can play the single player mode over and over again, stand back to back with your friends fighting zombies, BE zombies and the graphics are good!
  23. Jul 13, 2012
    Positive: Graphics are good. Its fun to play with friends and its really team focused game. There are tons of custom maps on the Internet. Negative: Lack of steam workshop.
  24. Apr 23, 2013
    The fun and joy of completing the game on expert draws you in; the Versus mode ensures you keep coming back.
    The variety because of the different maps, the different unknown combinations of Special Infected you're facing and the alternation between Survivors and Infected, makes the Versus mode irresistible.
    This is definitely one of my favorite games and a keeper.
  25. Jul 25, 2012
    One of the best games that Valve made. It's better than the first one I can tell, more weapons, better graphics, more special infected and more modes. The no 1 game to have fun with your friends and kill zombies. The message that valve wants to deliver thought Left 4 dead 2 is use teamwork. There is nothing better than having a team by your side and survive a zombie apocalypse !
  26. Jul 30, 2012
    this is the best game that I've ever played. I don't know some one even can say it is nor excellent! unbelievable.this is the best game that I've ever played. I don't know some one even can say it is nor excellent! unbelievable.
  27. Nov 25, 2012
    Ive put way too many hours into this game to give it anything less than a 10. As far as value goes for a game l4d2 has been the best game purchase Ive ever made. From a gameplay perspective, either have friends to play this with or make some because you dont want to go into this one alone which isnt to say you cant make friends in the game but a majority of the community can be prettyIve put way too many hours into this game to give it anything less than a 10. As far as value goes for a game l4d2 has been the best game purchase Ive ever made. From a gameplay perspective, either have friends to play this with or make some because you dont want to go into this one alone which isnt to say you cant make friends in the game but a majority of the community can be pretty bad. It gets a 10 because it did exactly waht it set out to do and that, create a terrific coop/competitive zombie survival game. Expand
  28. Aug 27, 2013
    This game is freaking amazing. Having not played the first game, I feel I missed out on something but I'll probably pick it up one of these days. As for L4D2, I picked it up on a Steam Summer Sale a few years back and it's become one of my most played Steam titles and one of my favorite games ever, and that's saying a lot since I've played a LOT of games in my life. The best part is, ifThis game is freaking amazing. Having not played the first game, I feel I missed out on something but I'll probably pick it up one of these days. As for L4D2, I picked it up on a Steam Summer Sale a few years back and it's become one of my most played Steam titles and one of my favorite games ever, and that's saying a lot since I've played a LOT of games in my life. The best part is, if you don't like something about the game, you can probably improve it or at least add to it with the Steam Workshop, including mods that make your CPU allies more useful, and entire new campaigns to run through with friends. I'd have given this game a lower score if I were to account for the awful, rude, and constantly-griefing PvP community. It's League of Legends bad. If you find decent people to play with, however, or you just like going solo, this is the best zombie shooter ever made. Expand
  29. Aug 4, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Left 4 Dead 2 provides a unique co-op experience set during a zombie outbreak. Sequel to the hit 2008 game, the gameplay features the same A to B strategy from the original, but improves off it. The AI director, capable of randomising each level to tailor each player's experience and change the pace of the game, has been improved with new features, such as the ability to randomise the layouts of certain levels, or spawn different types of weapons throughout the map.

With a cast of new characters; Coach, Rochelle, Nick and Ellis, the survivors make it their mission to stick together and make it through the state of Georgia and into Louisiana, where they will be rescued in New Orleans. The game originally featured 5 campaigns, but Valve have since added extra levels and even ported the ones from Left 4 Dead. Other new gameplay features include new Special Infected, such as the Jockey, that will hop onto survivors' heads and carry them away into whatever fate they see fit, and the Charger, a huge ram that will pound into the survivors and deal a lot of damage. To counter this added difficulty, the survivor's get new items to use such as incendiary and explosive ammunition, and melee weapons.

The game also features new modes, such as Scavenge and Realism, adding extra hours of fun. Versus is still fun as ever with the new additions. The custom content in this game also adds to the fun factor, with campaigns such as Dead Before Dawn and Suicide Blitz 2 show how creative the community is. All in all, Left 4 Dead 2 is successful in improving several things that didn't work too well in the original. If you're looking to buddy up with some friends and survive the oncoming hordes, then this is the game for you.
  30. Sep 8, 2012
    it's a awesome game. it's pretty hard to get tired on it becouse it is much kind of games you can play as mutations, realism mode, story mode, and more.. and it's great that they have fixed so you can play all the maps and the peoples from left 4 dead 1 in this too.
  31. Jul 10, 2014
    Left 4 Dead 2 it's an awesome zombie shooter game where cooperation really matters for progress, with a wide range of scenario and a ton of zombie to kill.
    Promoted!
  32. Jul 5, 2013
    this is one of the most amazing zombie games ever.gameplay is fun,multiplayer is cool,graphics are very good for an 2009 game.the blood is sick.there is nothing wrong with this game.its the perfect sequel to a game that i think is average(left 4 dead 1).buy this and you wont regret it.
  33. Apr 19, 2013
    As I hit 500 hours played in Left 4 Dead 2 I figure it's a good time to share my opinion with anyone who is considering picking this game up during one of the Steam sales. Just try it!

Even if all you do is run through the campaigns with bots or random online players I'm sure you'll get your money's worth. The real excitement comes in the team competitive modes such as Versus, Scavenge or when you have the experience, Realism Versus.

Sometimes it's a little tough to get a balanced match going with teammates that have a clue but it is always worth it in the end. Love the environments like Dead Center, Dark Carnival (zombies on a rollercoaster track? yes please) and No Mercy. I can only describe playing as the special infected as engrossing and totally addictive--I've literally fallen out of my chair when I play as the Charger and miss the survivors with my charge, slamming my big dumb hillbilly zombie into a concrete wall.
  34. Dec 9, 2012
    Left 4 Dead 2 was my first game on Steam and I just spend $5 on it! I really play this game every week since I bought it. Just a great-awesome-action-survival-zombie-game!
  35. Jan 7, 2013
    This is a great game,all the melee weapons are very functional and fun to use,new better maps,only bad thing about this game are newbies that can sometimes completely ruin the game for you.
  36. Mar 25, 2013
    Left 4 Dead 2 puts you in the shoes of one of four survivors Rochelle, Coach, Ellis, and Nick and makes you kill hordes and hordes and HORDES (maybe even hordes) of the undead! Why is it so fun, you ask? Because everything works. The visuals are as you'd expect them to be from a Valve game, the co-op is immersive, the levels and maps are different of multiple play throughs and theLeft 4 Dead 2 puts you in the shoes of one of four survivors Rochelle, Coach, Ellis, and Nick and makes you kill hordes and hordes and HORDES (maybe even hordes) of the undead! Why is it so fun, you ask? Because everything works. The visuals are as you'd expect them to be from a Valve game, the co-op is immersive, the levels and maps are different of multiple play throughs and the shooting feels so natural you'll actually feel like every bullet counts. Expand
  37. Jun 20, 2013
    In reality, the game as it is now as of June 2013, is much better than it was as release, and is almost an entirely different beast. Steam Workshop support, the entirety of the first game's campaigns released as FREE DLC on the PC, nearly unlimited room for customization, a limitless pile of new campaigns to be played, new weapons, characters, skins, survival maps, even visual effects allIn reality, the game as it is now as of June 2013, is much better than it was as release, and is almost an entirely different beast. Steam Workshop support, the entirety of the first game's campaigns released as FREE DLC on the PC, nearly unlimited room for customization, a limitless pile of new campaigns to be played, new weapons, characters, skins, survival maps, even visual effects all are available......and entirely optional. The game is better balanced now than it was on release of either L4D1 or 2.

In short, Left 4 Dead 1 is awesome, Left 4 Dead 2 has a LOT more options and features for fans of the original. The argument that the first game was somehow better than the second is now baseless. For a $60 price tag, this game would still be a LOT of bang for your buck, but the game is normally priced at a measly $20, and frequently drops down to $5. Not much room for complaining here.
  38. Sep 1, 2013
    The best co-op and zombie game ever the graphics are decent and the gameplay is great it is built for the PC as well the DLC is great bu the mods and free campaigns are so good and the Steam Workshop items really make it your own game
  39. Apr 30, 2013
    This is one of the best zombie games i have ever played, the engine is amazing, the gameplay is engaging and the overall variety of this game gives it an amazing replay value. This replay value has been boosted by valve releasing addon content through steam. The game is well worth the money now.
  40. May 3, 2013
    Being a sequel and a game made by Valve, the game already has the potential.

Left 4 Dead 2 is a sequel to the 2008 original, and is basically a survival game. A team of 4 survivors must fight for their survival in a town full of zombies. As a story there isn't something like never seen before, but doesn't really need a lot, after an infection, the remaining survivors must fight
    Being a sequel and a game made by Valve, the game already has the potential.

A team of 4 survivors must fight for their survival in a town full of zombies.

As a story there isn't something like never seen before, but doesn't really need a lot, after an infection, the remaining survivors must fight their way out of the city to a place with no zombies.

The gameplay is just awesome and fun. You can play as any one the 4 available characters and then you must only kill zombies, what else you can want from such a game?

It's linear so you won't miss many parts of the levels, but the AI is very well made, and every time you play the zombies are in a different place, same with the weapons, which despite you find in the same place, they're different. This dramatically increases the replay value, knowing that each time you play you'll have a surprise.

The zombies also have special classes, presented as Special Infected, and named like Jockeys, Hunters, Witches, Tanks, Chargers, Spitters and others, each one having it's own abilities.

The weapons are the most common ones, M16, AK47, USP, Glock, spas-12 shotgun, others shotgun, but there are also interesting ones, such as the Desert Eagle, Hunting Rifle, another Assault Rifle, and even molotov and pipe bombs, and if is not enough, you can use even gas cans and other explosive props as weapons, and even build explosives.

The weapons however can only be customized with lasers which really increase your accuracy, but is not a big problem as the game is set in a sort of apocalyptic world, and well, you don't have a lot of time to customize the guns.

The game doesn't offer regenerating health, but it can be however restored, by using first aid kits, pain pills, and adrenaline. Anyway, only first aid kits offer permanent health, others only a temporary boost.

The graphics are realistic, with nice shadowing effects, detailed textures, and a good realism level.

The soundtrack is as well dynamic and is played only in needed and exciting parts, which like with the zombie's AI director, the song's location varies every time you play.

The game also has a multiplayer mod, presented as a Versus Mode, where you can play as either a zombie or a survivor, a horde mode, and a coop mod.

As about flaws, well, there is a sort of a glitch sometimes when some special-infected zombies(not a certain race) can be encountered a ridiculous amount of times during the same level, however this glitch doesn't occur many times, it's a sort of a rare glitch, so it's not a big problem.

So, final verdict, Left 4 Dead 2 is a great game with a huge replay value, and is another must-own.
  41. ERB
    Dec 3, 2013
    Left 4 Dead 2 is no doubt a great sequel upon the original Left 4 Dead 1.Left 4 Dead still looks the same as Left 4 Dead 1 but the biggest difference between these 2 is that The game play in Left 4 Dead 2 is better than that of Left 4 Dead 1 and there are new campaigns and maps in here.Especially The Dark Carnival campaign.The Carnival campaign is fun to play and this is my favoriteLeft 4 Dead 2 is no doubt a great sequel upon the original Left 4 Dead 1.Left 4 Dead still looks the same as Left 4 Dead 1 but the biggest difference between these 2 is that The game play in Left 4 Dead 2 is better than that of Left 4 Dead 1 and there are new campaigns and maps in here.Especially The Dark Carnival campaign.The Carnival campaign is fun to play and this is my favorite map.There are even more zombies here added in this game.Like the Jockey.The Jockey is like Left 4 Dead 1's hunter but the difference between the Hunter and The Jockey is that the hunter can jump very high like an assassin who will get you from above and once he catches you he will trap you and keep attacking you until you die unless someone saves you and kills the hunter.The Jockey is a zombie that cannot jump high but he or she is one of the scariest disturbing zombies I have ever seen in games.The Jockey is a zombie that laughs scary and once he or she catches you he will do a horse ride on you and while he is on top of you riding you,you will be like be under his control and he can force you to go where It likes to go and while he is riding you he will be attacking you in the head until you die or get saved by a team mate.

The Spitter is also a new zombie which spits green goo at you and even if your just standing in the goo you will get intense damage and you will die if you stay under the goo for too long.The Charger is also a new zombie which looks a little like the strongest zombie in this game The Tank.Now the charger charges at you and if you got caught by him he will choke you and slam you to the ground until you die.

Those are some of the new zombies in this game.Now lets talk about the characters in this game.In Left 4 Dead 1 there is Bill,Francis,Zoey, And Louis.In Left 4 Dead 2 you will have some new characters here.The new characters are Coach,Nick,Rochelle,and Ellis.Those are the new characters in this game.

Lets talk more about the game.The game play is not the only thing good about this game but the story in this game is good as well.I can't tell the story because maybe you will now about it and you will lose interest in this game.The game is fun and enjoyable especially the multiplayer.You can either be a zombie or a survivor in this multiplayer game.Which is fun!Left 4 Dead 2 is a great sequel and it gets a 10/10 from me.A great score for this game.This game is fun and I recommend you gamers to buy this awesome game and try playing It.I promise you this game is fun and you will enjoy this game.
  42. sft
    May 22, 2013
    Resurrect Bill Vol 1

Resurrect Bill Vol 1

I just love the original Left 4 Dead. It’s a simple yet effective (and in my case addictive) game. So I started Left 4 Dead 2 with very high hopes. And I haven’t been disappointed. Valve have improved almost everything. We have 4 new survivors and the location has been moved to the deep south. The campaigns are considerably longer due to larger maps. More challenging tasks have been introduced and the zombies come thicker and faster than ever. There are several new “specials” to deal with, along with some new weapons, including melee weapons ranging from cricket bats to machetes. L4D2 looks even better than the original and there are some great in-game events: the use of weather as a hindrance to your progress in the Heavy Rain campaign is particularly inspired. It’s also a good deal more difficult than the original. So, pretty much everything about L4D2 is superior to L4D1. Except for the survivors. For me they lack the character of the original team, and although Valve have lived up to their deserved reputation for the quality of the dialogue I just don’t find them as engaging as the original 4. The chat between the survivors in L4D1 is full of great one-liners which helped build the bond with the player, even though you know they’re just bots. Obviously this hardly matters when playing with other people but I wish, nonetheless, that the original characters had been carried over from L4D1. Still, L4D2 is a great game. Play it. Now!
  43. May 31, 2013
    Left for Dead 2 is undoubtedly the best zombie game I have ever played. The game honestly is a complete blast--- I could go on about it, but I will simply say this: get the game. And if you already have it, go buy another and give it to one of your friends.
  44. Jun 24, 2013
    It is a perfect game for just to have fun. With it's almost no storyline and only a lot of guns, against a lot of zombies with 4 of your friends makes this game a must play.
  45. Jun 26, 2013
    When you can reach 1300+ and still play a game fairly regularly you know its something special.
    L4D2 is for me the perfect multiplayer experience you NEED your team mates to survive/kill survivors which really adds emphasis to communication and playing as a team which is lacking in other multiplayer games.
    What keeps game play fresh is the different variety of game modes and even some
    What keeps game play fresh is the different variety of game modes and even some community mods which are easily accessible due to the steam workshop. L4D2 is best experienced with some friends although it is advised for new players to play through the campaigns first before venturing into competitive games like versus or scavange.
    As mentioned earlier there are some great mods for this game including Helms deep a survival map straight for Lord of the Rings, there are also tweeks for the AI and reskins for characters.
    The graphics arent going to amaze you but nor will they repel you the source engine has aged well and this game shouldn't be to taxing for any operating system.

All in all get this game!
  46. Jul 15, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Welcome to your South eastern part of America filled with zombies, Left 4 Dead 2 is filled with many experiences, starting in the region of Savannah, Georgia to the end of New Orleans, Louisiana. The characters itself is amazing, four character with terrific characteristics, Ellis, a redneck that has a very big crush on Zoey a character from the first game, Coach, a wise man, known for his cheeseburgers, Rochelle, a normal girl that is apart of News 10, and works as a producer, and Nick, your average guy that mocks every word you say, and as well for the Left 4 Dead characters there is Zoey, a teenage girl, working in college, she watchs MANY horror/zombie movies, meaning she is all ready for the zombie apocalypse, Bill, a elder of the whole group, like Coach, he is always watching for whats going to happen, Louis, a pill addict, or in a serious way, a business manager, very optimistic and positive, and Francis, a though man, but with a negative attitude with the whole team. The other thing is the game's plot, amazing traveling in the North east, and as I said before, the South east, I'd say, use your $20 on this game, I SWEAR, you will not regret it. Expand
  47. Jul 16, 2013
    To keep it sweet and short, Left 4 Dead 2 is an excellent single and multi-player zombie slayer. Carrying over most of the L4D1 content, the game is quite intense (maybe to gory for the squeamish), fast paced, and absolutely FILLED with enough things to shoot at with your friends.
  48. Aug 20, 2013
    Left 4 Dead 2, this game is just awesome, you can even make a model and put it into game and play it with that add-on, just awesome. I really enjoy this game!
  49. Oct 1, 2013
    Left 4 Dead 2 brings everything great from the first one and adds more to it. With 4 new characters (who i dislike more than the original 4), new levels, and new special infected. To add to this, they also included the 4 original maps, plus the original characters to play as. The special infected AI is a lot better in this game, and with the addition of more special infected, make theLeft 4 Dead 2 brings everything great from the first one and adds more to it. With 4 new characters (who i dislike more than the original 4), new levels, and new special infected. To add to this, they also included the 4 original maps, plus the original characters to play as. The special infected AI is a lot better in this game, and with the addition of more special infected, make the difficulty of this game higher, which is very nice. Obviously like the first one, this game should be played online, not alone, as the AI stupidity still seems to be relevant. What sends this game so far above the first, is the addition of the Steam Workshop. There are so many addons you can put into the game to have fun and so many maps you can download. This is easily the best multiplayer game I have ever played. Expand
  50. Oct 9, 2013
    Amazing game, great community and many modifications that can completely change your game style from a new skin to a completely new campaign. This game is great to play with a friend because well your teaming up to kill zombies! Cooperation is a huge thing in this game you run off to far ahead you die you don't talk to your teammates about strategies you die, you don't share supplies withAmazing game, great community and many modifications that can completely change your game style from a new skin to a completely new campaign. This game is great to play with a friend because well your teaming up to kill zombies! Cooperation is a huge thing in this game you run off to far ahead you die you don't talk to your teammates about strategies you die, you don't share supplies with your teammates they die which means you have a better chance of being killed in the long run every second counts in the game and I think its a perfect combination of a horror/survival game to a cooperation game Expand
  51. Oct 29, 2013
    Left 4 Dead 2 is probably the best co-op experience you can find. It throws you into the zombie apocalypse, where you have to work with others to survive. Gameplay wise, it is challenging as the many special infected ambush you from all sides, and the annoying common infected just keep coming. Weapons and ammo stacks are scattered for you to find. Gameplay might be slightly repetitive butLeft 4 Dead 2 is probably the best co-op experience you can find. It throws you into the zombie apocalypse, where you have to work with others to survive. Gameplay wise, it is challenging as the many special infected ambush you from all sides, and the annoying common infected just keep coming. Weapons and ammo stacks are scattered for you to find. Gameplay might be slightly repetitive but it doesn't harm that much overall when you play with friends.

Looking at story, you would think that zombie games don't need story to be great. In this case, it is somewhat true. The story is tiny, saying that New Orleans is a safe zone, and the survivors head there. At the same time, you learn more about the people you are playing as and with. The game is also not short on humour with some weird stories of Ellis' friend Keith to the alerts and jokes made by the survivors.

There are many things that are improved upon from Left 4 Dead, improving the AI, adding fresh new zombies to battle and using several techniques to control your weapon choice, and of course melee weapons are added. After that, Valve does an excellent move by taking all the campaigns and characters from the original, add the new mechanics and improvements and put it into one game as a free DLC. A smart and clever move by Valve.

Not forgetting replayability, where the game gets a bit boring after completing all campaigns. However, hopping into the game with friends is always fun and fresh, and you can choose to cooperate or leave each other for dead.

But all this cannot be as great without the giant modding community. The modding community adds many things including humour through character skins, new campaigns to keep you in the game, and small modifications to minor things. With the SDK, many types of weird mods can be created, including mods to change the special infected appearance, alter the music, weapon skins, right down to animations. All this keeps the game fresh and easy to get back to. And it is made easier with the Steam Workshop.

Often updated with new features like mutations, Valve allows you to return to the game with ease. All this plus intense zombie action gives you the grand co-op experience. Play with a friend or alone, it doesn't matter as both will prove fun and satisfying. Grab Left 4 Dead 2 on Steam or try it out during a free weekend.
  52. Dec 30, 2013
    For a newbie to PC FPS games, I gotta say, Left 4 Dead 2 is definitely one of the most fun games I have played for the first time. It has great characters, marvelous imagery, incredibly detailed effects, and even more fun than chopping a zombie's head off. Or not.
  53. Nov 29, 2013
    One of the best cooperative games I have ever played.This title is one of the best Valve games it has good graphics,good optimization and a lot of updates,campaigns and modes also it has workshop.You should definitely try it!
  54. Nov 18, 2013
    Single Player/Multi Player (2/2)

(If the single player is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no multplayer) (If the multiplayer is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no single player) Gameplay (2/2) Visuals/Story (1/2) (If the visuals are better than the story, review this section as if it had no story) (If the story is
    Single Player/Multi Player (2/2)

Gameplay (2/2)

Visuals/Story (1/2)

Accessibility/Longevity (2/2)

Pricing (2/2)

Wildcard (+1)

55. Dec 30, 2013
    joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joyajoya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya Expand
  56. Feb 24, 2014
    This game is awesome. So Very Cleverly Designed off the HL2 engine. It has one hell of a Co Op with some very talented artificial intelligence, where if you don't like online, or just want to play with one friend. You can kick some Major Butt. If you go online expect some noobishness. But if you find a good crew, work together, talk on the Mic, you can get through these challenges.This game is awesome. So Very Cleverly Designed off the HL2 engine. It has one hell of a Co Op with some very talented artificial intelligence, where if you don't like online, or just want to play with one friend. You can kick some Major Butt. If you go online expect some noobishness. But if you find a good crew, work together, talk on the Mic, you can get through these challenges. Some are outright insane with the Amount of Zombies to Kill. So much fun. Now lets go kill some zombies. remember rule number 1. Cardio. and of course. always, double tap. Expand
  57. Sep 7, 2014
    Left 4 Dead 2. This is a game made by Valve. The same company that brought us such great games as Counter-Strike and Team Fortress 2. I reviewed those games a while ago, and I thought both were fantastic. They were both insanely fun multiplayer games that you could play over and over, and they wouldn't get old. With Left 4 Dead 2, Valve tries something different. Where Team FortressLeft 4 Dead 2. This is a game made by Valve. The same company that brought us such great games as Counter-Strike and Team Fortress 2. I reviewed those games a while ago, and I thought both were fantastic. They were both insanely fun multiplayer games that you could play over and over, and they wouldn't get old. With Left 4 Dead 2, Valve tries something different. Where Team Fortress 2 and Counter-Strike were multiplayer shooters that allow you to battle your friends across the internet, this game is a cooperative multiplayer game that allows you to team up with your friends to battle zombies. So, is this the kind of game that will bite your money, or will it want to bite you instead? Let's find out. As I said, this game is a cooperative shooter that allows you to team up with your friends and battle zombies. There are several campaigns to choose from, all with the same premise: you start out in a safe zone with your partners, and have to move from safe room to safe room until you are rescued. Along the way, you and your friends will have to fight massive hordes of the undead together. This would be boring if normal infected zombies were the only zombies you had to worry about. However, this game also has other kinds of zombies, known as special infected. These kinds of zombies add a twist to the game, that can make fighting zombies much more interesting. There are overweight zombies called boomers that vomit on you, attracting normal zombies, spitters that spit acid at you, witches that scream and pounce for a one hit kill if disturbed, and tanks that are practically the Hulk of zombies just to name a few. Not only do these special infected make fighting zombies much more interesting, but they also add new cooperative elements to the game. Certain special infected might pounce on your character, which makes it necessary for partners to save you for example. This game plays very much like any other shooter, only with cooperative elements. You really need to care for your partners in this game, because without them, this game would be practically impossible to play through. You need to give them first aid, certain ammo types, and revive them if they are injured. All this is very fun, and can lead to crazy moments with you and your friends. Along with the normal campaign mode, there are many more modes, such as versus, where you get to play as the special infected and kill the survivors, or survival, where you just survive for as long as you can. The gameplay of this game is fantastic, regardless of what game mode you are playing. As for the graphics, they are every bit as fantastic as the gameplay. Everything is rich with detail, and very colorful. The zombies look about as zombified as you would want them to look. All of the buildings and streets that you run around on also look fantastic. Even the characters and weapons look really good. This is definitely one of the best looking Source Engine games that has ever been made. The game also presents itself very well. The entire game feels like a zombie action movie where you're the star. This is shown through the movie posters used for the campaign, and the end credits sequences that play after you are rescued. There is also a story to this game, but it kind of takes a back-seat to the fantastic gameplay and graphics. Basically, a virus called the green flu has spread across the east coast of the United States, turning people into zombies. You and your co-op partners are all immune to this virus, and must get to safety. This game's survivors are also very memorable, with each having their own back-story, and making jokes every now and then. The campaigns also branch into each other, with each one showing what happens after the survivors escape from the zombies in the previous campaign, only to crash and be stuck in the next campaign, having to do everything they did in the previous campaign all over again. While the story takes a back-seat to the gameplay and graphics, this is the same approach Valve took with Team Fortress 2, so I'm not really complaining here. The only real problem with this game is that the single player AI is terrible. Yes, you can play in single player, but the AI of your partners is bad. There are mods available that can fix this however. Other than that, This game's presentation is really good. Overall, this is a fantastic game that absolutely must be played, especially if you have friends around. It can be hard to play alone, but if you use an advanced bots mod for the game it should work fine. I highly recommend playing this game if you like to play with friends, or if you just like to shoot zombies, or heck, even if you just like first-person shooters you will probably love this game! I can't recommend this game enough!
    Gameplay: 10/10
    Graphics: 10/10
    Presentation: 9/10
    Overall: 10/10
  58. May 11, 2014
    Simply fantastic; the horde zoombies attacks is a classic scene that is used over and over and never makes you tired. It's a thriller that makes you creep and laughing at the same time. It's so good that makes the storyline absolutely dispensable!
  59. Sep 28, 2014
    It's an amazing game, i don't know why people are hating this game.
    It's the best co-op zombie game to play with your friends.
    It's easily the money worth
  60. Apr 16, 2014
    An amazing game, I could play it all day (but I don't have the time, lol). This game kicks ass and it has humor in it too! I recommend getting it on Steam for full experience!
  61. May 2, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Hi I like this game where zombies going crazy
    what's more cool pictures and I just had before the download in steam and cool cool
    and the most I like is the jockey and charger
    and for my only home game
  62. May 28, 2014
    Left4Dead2 Created in best traditions of Cooperative games,play only and only with friend!My Metascore 10/10.On steam i played 1,200 hours.The best FPS game with zombies!
  63. Jun 7, 2014
    The intense game-play, the weapons... The teamwork all just fits together in harmony when playing L4D2... I really wish a few things would change however these things are not even worth saying... Seriously good game and a worth sequel to L4D1.!
  64. Dec 18, 2014
    Zombie lovers, this is a game that is a must buy. The campaign was so much fun to play. But the best thing about the game is the Multiplayer online. They have a **** ton of games to do online and it's a lot of fun. Not only that, you can start a co-op in the campaign. Plus all the DLC for the xbox 360 also that follow the campaign from the start. Best part is that they brought back theZombie lovers, this is a game that is a must buy. The campaign was so much fun to play. But the best thing about the game is the Multiplayer online. They have a **** ton of games to do online and it's a lot of fun. Not only that, you can start a co-op in the campaign. Plus all the DLC for the xbox 360 also that follow the campaign from the start. Best part is that they brought back the original crew from the original left 4 dead. Nothing negative comes to mind. This game is hella fun. Expand
  65. Oct 11, 2014
    The greatest FPS ever created. Good AI, awesome team play and well done graphics. The bonus of fan created add-on campaigns and mods makes for near endless fresh gaming.
  66. Dec 31, 2014
    Playing this with friends is amazingly fun especially with 4 player co op. Having other game modes to import more entertainment is fine with such as the survivor gameplay.
  67. Feb 21, 2015
    This game is just another complete rip-off of angry birds. The game itself is exactly the same except the graphics quality is much lower and the gameplay is significantly less user friendly.
  68. jonaspal
    Jan 9, 2010
    this game is AWESOME i mean like all the gore, teamwork, skill and, this is a new game. sure i agree that the original is very similar but still it isnt the same. people who say that this game is bad because of valve took more money for this one should stop and think for a sec, i mean is the game bad or the developer? And people who say this doesnt have a story, i mean do you want a good this game is AWESOME i mean like all the gore, teamwork, skill and, this is a new game. sure i agree that the original is very similar but still it isnt the same. people who say that this game is bad because of valve took more money for this one should stop and think for a sec, i mean is the game bad or the developer? And people who say this doesnt have a story, i mean do you want a good story or do you want ot get out there and kill zombies without seeing like kleiner ''starting zombie information NOW'' or ''omg my knee it hurts help me'' i mean &%/%¤¤... wait a sec im just getting so frustrated over this. Some guy here has said that this game is just mods slapped together from counter strike, WHAT?! MODS!?!??! this makes no sence so if i was to make a mod to a game where you have weapons to some game you would say that alll games have taken mods from other games? Expand
  69. jackp
    Jan 5, 2010
    This game is better then the first one in every way. However the friendly A.I are pretty much useless most of the time but that said it doesn't affect game play all that much. Also I don't get why people say valve are milking for more money when it couldnt have been an expansion. The sheer amount of content in this game would have meant that the separate expansions needed to add This game is better then the first one in every way. However the friendly A.I are pretty much useless most of the time but that said it doesn't affect game play all that much. Also I don't get why people say valve are milking for more money when it couldnt have been an expansion. The sheer amount of content in this game would have meant that the separate expansions needed to add it to the new game would cost pretty much the same if not even more then this game does. The only reason it got a 9 and not a 10 is because of the friendly A.I... Expand
  70. TimothyK
    Jan 6, 2010
    Just adding my 2 cents as well... Look I have almost a nickel. Anyhow I feel like I should comment more on the complainers about Valve trying to make money than the actual game. People are actually mad that a company is trying to make money? Do we all want to live in Soviet Russia or what? Guess what a lot of companies do that, they don't stop making cars in 2008 just because they Just adding my 2 cents as well... Look I have almost a nickel. Anyhow I feel like I should comment more on the complainers about Valve trying to make money than the actual game. People are actually mad that a company is trying to make money? Do we all want to live in Soviet Russia or what? Guess what a lot of companies do that, they don't stop making cars in 2008 just because they made a lot of money in one year. The 2009, 2010 etc. models will come out and people will be happy because its always exciting to get a new product. I'm not going to go into all the good about this game because its all been said before but I will make a couple of comments on needs improvement. I wish Valve would be more creative on the type of games involved. I enjoy scavenge mode but really think there could be more modes. LIke an escort mission (something like TF2's payload). Also I hate the infected rotation, its overally predicitable. You can never have the joy of having mulitple hunters in l4d2 but instead you get a crappy jockey who is more annoying than dangerous. Oh well overall great game and I do hope they make a third one you communists nerds who hate captilism! Expand
  71. GuntherB
    Feb 10, 2010
    Its still a little buggy on most computers and there are issues with non-gaming laptops, even with sufficient specs. But overall, its a very great game to come from a formerly great game.
  72. GabrielD
    Jan 5, 2010
    Well, unlike the haters, im gonna put this from another point o view, I DO regret buying L4D1, why?, it's not like L4D2 is some kind of DLC L4D1 should have had, in fact, it feels like I've been ripped when I bought L4D1, because it was, and still is, a simple beta game with so many bugs and lack of content, yet you still had to pay full price for it, lack of servers in the Well, unlike the haters, im gonna put this from another point o view, I DO regret buying L4D1, why?, it's not like L4D2 is some kind of DLC L4D1 should have had, in fact, it feels like I've been ripped when I bought L4D1, because it was, and still is, a simple beta game with so many bugs and lack of content, yet you still had to pay full price for it, lack of servers in the beggining etc etc etc, yet I was a hardcore player of it. Now, L4D2 it's like L4D1 polished to perfection, seriously, awesome game, and gotta love realism mode, it truly makes your games remarkable, and a must have. Expand
  73. Professor
    Mar 16, 2010
    Yeah, ok, the game is not perfect and its just too reminiscent of the first game - but it's NOT bad, in fact - it's absolutely GREAT. L4D2 (as L4D did) combines simplicity, teamwork, and of course - the sheer pleasure of killing hundreds of rabid people. To answer some things people have complained about: Why isn't there a radar? Why can't they just highlight my Yeah, ok, the game is not perfect and its just too reminiscent of the first game - but it's NOT bad, in fact - it's absolutely GREAT. L4D2 (as L4D did) combines simplicity, teamwork, and of course - the sheer pleasure of killing hundreds of rabid people. To answer some things people have complained about: Why isn't there a radar? Why can't they just highlight my teammates? Well, first of all - the game (as I see it) was made to be realistic. Do normal people carry a radar (or for that matter have access to one?) and also - it's not hard to discern your teammates from zombies, they do highlight them when you mouse over them as friendly AND as I have mentioned before - the game is supposed to be realistic, giving a radar or always highlighting your teammates just makes the game less ... well - real.. and would definitely dumb the game down if such was done. Then theres, "omg friendly fire is soooo bad." Well, let's be real. if you get shot in normal mode it isn't so bad - but as the difficulty is raised, it only makes sense that you and your teammates would be better players and AVOID shooting each other, with the addition that greater damage = better deterrent for shooting each other. This also promotes better teamwork which is crucial as you go up in difficulty level. If you're complaining that friendly fire sucks - get better teammates or shoot better maybe? The realism in this game may be too much for most people - the water slowing you down makes sense (have you ever trudged through water and mud before? It's not a fast paced activity) - though I completely agree to when the water is just up to the ankles, it shouldn't be a tough walk (If Valve wanted to be more realistic, they'd have people slip, but people would cry and whine about that being lame as usual). To reflect upon the weapon damage though, I totally agree that the guns do less damage than melee - and it's unrealistic that melee should be that great in comparison to a gun (not everyone has superhuman strength after all) - and I agree that that needs to be adjusted. Other negatives are that even if you do play on expert - the original game is too short and that I suppose the pvp makes up for it... though I'd rather see more story too. All in all, L4D2 is a great game - there are different difficulty settings for a reason. Need a stress reliever? Play on easy and go berserk. Want to play with others without screaming about friendly fire? Play on normal. Got a good team of friends and want a challenge? Then advanced and expert is for you. The difficulty scale actually makes sense in this game - so heed it well. If you're crying about how other people suck - well then you're probably unlucky with team match-up (i've had a couple of those before, don't feel like it's a reason to hate on the game). I mean, yes it's not that different from the first - but it's solid, it's good, it's definitely a keeper. I'm not a fanboy/girl whatever you want to call it of this game, but I feel like people aren't taking this game for what it is (like Quentin Tarentino films). It's NOT COD, it's NOT Borderlands - it's a totally different game from those - so give it a try before turning it away based on what other people have said because it's worth a shot (zing!). Expand
  74. PR3D470R
    Apr 16, 2010
    I gave it this score because of the tactics and teamwork that is engrained into this FPS. As this is a sequel I'll just discuss the things that separate this from the original. I agree with those that are annoyed at the price of the game, it doesn't seem to detract too far from the original in terms of graphics and 'the feel' of it. However I never bought the original I gave it this score because of the tactics and teamwork that is engrained into this FPS. As this is a sequel I'll just discuss the things that separate this from the original. I agree with those that are annoyed at the price of the game, it doesn't seem to detract too far from the original in terms of graphics and 'the feel' of it. However I never bought the original so it doesnt annoy me a lot. :P Also 2 those that are disappointed that it is not like the original, i consider it better for this reason. The Reason: The 'Versus' ('VS') gametype has been amped up considerably. The introduction of new SI presents more threats to the survivors, that make no place on the map safe. Eg; The introduction of the spitter eliminates corner camping and the charger also makes alleyways EXTREMELY dangerous for combined Special Infected ('SI') attacks. A constantly wary and skilful team is needed to meet these challenges. It seems to me that VALVE really listened to the competitive VS community from the original, and I commend them for that. Digressing a little, I think the 'VS' experience could have been made much more challenging for the survivors, by putting down less medpacks, and to the side of the beaten path, forcing them to divert from the 'railway tracks' from point A to point B. Plus there needs to be a reduction in the amount of ammo in the weapons. The game does not award accuracy, as ammo and weapon stockpiles are everywhere, and sheer 'spraying' from automatic weapons is not punished. It is harder to use the infected but this is only a matter of concern for mostly competitive and serious players. If there is any reason to be longing for the old game it would be minor things such as the greater chemistry and personalities of the survivors, certain weapons and 'simpler' VS experience. Personally I love being able to casually get online with a bunch of friends, in a game that promotes conversation, shoot zombies and watch the visually appealing decapitations/blood-squirts. On a final note if you enjoy the artistry of competitive play l4d2 will not disappoint (but you have to be a team player. Expand
  75. Nimorrax
    Apr 1, 2010
    I like it, I've not had the chance to play the first one yet but it really wants me to get the first one to experience what it was like before. This one taught me how to stay with my party, unless I really want to get pounced or ridden to death. The three new Special Infected are pretty good, the only problem I have though is that when a Jockey catches a PLAYER, the bots have trouble I like it, I've not had the chance to play the first one yet but it really wants me to get the first one to experience what it was like before. This one taught me how to stay with my party, unless I really want to get pounced or ridden to death. The three new Special Infected are pretty good, the only problem I have though is that when a Jockey catches a PLAYER, the bots have trouble getting it off. The Charger also tells me either rush narrow hallways or stay on one side or the other. The Spitter quickly gets me moving when she spits, luckily she's an easy kill. The "Uncommon" Common Infected are also great. Fireproof, Horde Leading, Vision-Impairing, Immunity to Pipe Bombs and Bulletproof. All unique to their own campaigns, what more can I ask for other than a third game with even more exciting campaigns and zombie types? Expand
  76. BoTl1ke
    Nov 29, 2009
    The game feels much more polished and complete than the original, although its the same engine, they've really added more than expected. Main things i enjoy about the new game is that the versus gameplay is much more dynamic as opposed to "zombies are coming, everyone take autoshotguns and sit in a corner til they're gone". Same goes for infected, the variety of infected can The game feels much more polished and complete than the original, although its the same engine, they've really added more than expected. Main things i enjoy about the new game is that the versus gameplay is much more dynamic as opposed to "zombies are coming, everyone take autoshotguns and sit in a corner til they're gone". Same goes for infected, the variety of infected can produce interesting results with syncronised attacks with the new and old specials alike; eg. hunter+ spitter = hunter rape with added acid damage. or charger+ jockey = charger takes one half way across the street while jockey hops on one and takes him for a ride in the other direction causing the remaining 2 to either split up or go for the nearest survivor either way making infected much more effective and causing havoc. 9/10 mainly because i miss the old survivors :( Would be nice if they did a DLC involving the old survivors but hey i'd be asking for too much. Expand
  77. IanG
    Dec 1, 2009
    I don't see why people are giving 0 when they say that this is more of the same, to me it sounds like they hated L4D1 in first place to give a 0. Anyway, L4D2 is fun, the new characters may seem to be a little dull compared to the first game, but we can live with it, the new story line is also ok nothing huge, it is not a whole new game, it is not like you bought a whole entire new I don't see why people are giving 0 when they say that this is more of the same, to me it sounds like they hated L4D1 in first place to give a 0. Anyway, L4D2 is fun, the new characters may seem to be a little dull compared to the first game, but we can live with it, the new story line is also ok nothing huge, it is not a whole new game, it is not like you bought a whole entire new game, it is a reshaped version of the first one, which is great, I would def recommend this game to anyone who liked the L2D1 gameplayer, this is fun to play, you will have good time with friends, scavange mode is a big plus, and honestly there is nothing like choppin' zombies head off with a chainsaw, it is a great game, if you were a big fan of L4D1, L4D2 will knock your socks off! Expand
  78. MichaelR
    Dec 7, 2009
    other then a handful of very minor problems and a few personal preferences L4D2 is truly a masterpiece of a game. It takes all that was in L4D1 and reboots it with better ... well... everything.
  79. JonnyC
    Dec 8, 2009
    Those who indulge in the self-satisfying blasphemy of this game, due to it supposedly being "just like the original", or " just an expansion" (to the original) are incredibly pathetic, and uninformed claims. As you will find with ANY quick and easy Google search, or shoot, simply a quick run-through on the demo, you will know first-hand that this game is a NEW- and IMPROVED game. Of Those who indulge in the self-satisfying blasphemy of this game, due to it supposedly being "just like the original", or " just an expansion" (to the original) are incredibly pathetic, and uninformed claims. As you will find with ANY quick and easy Google search, or shoot, simply a quick run-through on the demo, you will know first-hand that this game is a NEW- and IMPROVED game. Of course, Left 4 Dead (1) was such an original game, many felt that to play through it was an, almost, religious experience. And ok, so Valve may have had hopes of providing you with more than 3 substantial DLC's for the original - but thoses are all FREE - and they've already provided 2/3 of that content. I'm sorry, onto Left4Dead 2 - I've played this game extensively on PC AND XBox 360... no doubt about it - PC reigns supreme . The graphics are so much more defined, and the gibs are so overwhelming, that when I played the 360 version, I thought maybe there was a bug (that was omitting such quality gibs). ANYWAYS - look, if you own a PC that can run TF@, or L4D (1, original), or Half-life 2 ep's - you'll HAVE NO REGRETS purchasing L4D2. It's my newest favorite game since the original! Expand
  80. GarethW
    Jan 11, 2010
    Having played the first game, i was wondering what Left 4 Dead 2 would offer that it hadn't already offered us in the first game. The demo suggested very little, and I thought to myself perhaps it'd be foolish to buy such a game, when the first Left 4 Dead is satisfactory enough. But it was when there were hordes of zombies coming towards us, a tank coming out from behind a Having played the first game, i was wondering what Left 4 Dead 2 would offer that it hadn't already offered us in the first game. The demo suggested very little, and I thought to myself perhaps it'd be foolish to buy such a game, when the first Left 4 Dead is satisfactory enough. But it was when there were hordes of zombies coming towards us, a tank coming out from behind a corner, and a friend of mine shouting random orders into my ear whilst the rest of us complied, did I realise that it is just so much fun to play! When you've got 3 good friends, who understand the mechanics of the game, and will watch out for your back whilst you watch theirs do you actually have fun. It is an easy game to get immersed into, as there is so much going on. People complain against the replay factor, saying that there isn't one, but there is! Even when you play the same campaign with the same friends as the same people taking the same routes, there is always something different. The game itself is also a vast improvement on its predeccesor. Graphics are improved, but most of all, there is a story being played underneath it all, which reminds me of what Valve does best in its games like Portal and Half-Life. I found it easier to identify with the characters in Left 4 Dead 2 than in Left 4 Dead, and i found the story to be much better as well. There was more humour, but that didn't take away what could be perceived as... for use of a better phrase... the fear factor. Left 4 Dead 2 has some of the best written campaigns in any game (pointing fingers at Hard Rain here, with two thumbs up). Also, to sum up quickly, cause anyone reading this will be bored to tears, melee weapons... where have you been all our lives? Overall, a much needed improvement upon the first game, and easily renders it obselete. Expand
  81. DiggerDogg
    Jan 15, 2010
    This is the only co-op game where I can quickly find people to play with. I enjoy playing games with familiar and unfamiliar people, and Left 4 Dead 2 lets me do that easily. Without the co-op multiplayer action, I'd probably be rating the game only 6. The game itself, is less fun for me than Left 4 Dead 1, but it scores better marks for being fresh, and having many more people still This is the only co-op game where I can quickly find people to play with. I enjoy playing games with familiar and unfamiliar people, and Left 4 Dead 2 lets me do that easily. Without the co-op multiplayer action, I'd probably be rating the game only 6. The game itself, is less fun for me than Left 4 Dead 1, but it scores better marks for being fresh, and having many more people still playing regularly. What bothers me most about this game is the melee weapons. After 200 hours of play, they still seem idiotic to me, breaking my immersion in the game - it's hard to believe in a sword relyably taking down 4 common opponents in a swing, let alone a heavy frying pan taking out 5. However, the game is set up in such a way that one can't survive very well without a melee weapon. Thankfully, the maps are set up in such a way that a sniper rifle is usually quite effective. I'd forgotten how much I like one-shot, one-kill weapons. (Jan 18, 2010) Expand
  82. NickP
    Jan 4, 2010
    Great game, don't get me wrong, but it definitely was a little rushed. Some of the things like special ammo (incendiary and explosive rounds) seem a bit silly in my opinion. The special ammo just wipes out CI as if they weren't there to begin with. The AI is just hands down purely awful. I've seen better AI coded by children than this. It seems really rushed like Valve did Great game, don't get me wrong, but it definitely was a little rushed. Some of the things like special ammo (incendiary and explosive rounds) seem a bit silly in my opinion. The special ammo just wipes out CI as if they weren't there to begin with. The AI is just hands down purely awful. I've seen better AI coded by children than this. It seems really rushed like Valve did everything first but then in the last 3 days before the demo they started working on the AI, both infected and survivor AI. Character design isn't as...well...great, as compared to the first one. I definitely prefer Zoey over Rochelle any day. Expand
  83. FranciscoF
    Apr 17, 2010
    this is it, the game that has captured the feel of a vintage horror movie, the decay of the journey that has to be made in order to survive, the exhausting yet rewarding final scene(including some funny moments), the commentaries between survivors and their humorous grasp of whats left of the reality once known... just superb in most aspects, excelling in strategic and stressful areas this is it, the game that has captured the feel of a vintage horror movie, the decay of the journey that has to be made in order to survive, the exhausting yet rewarding final scene(including some funny moments), the commentaries between survivors and their humorous grasp of whats left of the reality once known... just superb in most aspects, excelling in strategic and stressful areas where you're forced into scenes of frantic displays of zombie bursts. playing with others is a must, most of the time you wish you could control the AI with commands just to find yourself getting chocked to death by a zombie and your fellow team members doing nothing to save you, the game actually forces you to play with friends, which is not that bad considering the great necessity of getting by many areas where a good plan is gold. graphically also leaves you with a very happy feeling just seeing pieces of body fly at your every attack, blood splatter in your eyes and machete, just cant be topped. but if theres a spot that left me with a bitter taste was the multi-player, overall excellent game-play modes and very rewarding achievements, but, for some reason they never included the capacity for players who create a match to state their level in quality, which for most is a must since many experienced players just dismiss new ones as they are not as good as them, and there is no point in playing as a newbie against a group of veterans that will take advantage of you and never give you the chance of making an improvement with your infected skills. all in all the best game i have ever played. Expand
  84. AdamR
    Nov 19, 2009
    L4D2 is essentially everything that you were hoping for in L4D1. Now, I loved L4D1, don't get me wrong. But L4D2 addresses just about everything that people would pick at, and get the feeling that it could be better if they just changed a thing or two. The weapon selection no longer feels anemic, and melee (As well as ammo running out more readily, but maybe that's just me) adds L4D2 is essentially everything that you were hoping for in L4D1. Now, I loved L4D1, don't get me wrong. But L4D2 addresses just about everything that people would pick at, and get the feeling that it could be better if they just changed a thing or two. The weapon selection no longer feels anemic, and melee (As well as ammo running out more readily, but maybe that's just me) adds another layer of strategy. Almost double the number of playable infected, means the mechanics jumps from being simple to being just tightly well designed, and uncommon common add an even greater variety, while new items builds on subtleties within strategies without muddling the core game play. Valve has clearly gotten far more comfortable with experimenting with new sorts of gameplay, especially with the crescendo events, and it has paid off in spades. The hurricane weather effect is particularly memorable. Also, 5 campaigns, and a variety of other game modes ensures that getting board with doing the same thing will become a thing of the past. There are only 2 weaknesses: The first is that the characters, with the exception of Ellis, are no where near as memorable or interesting as the original team. The second is that the Source engine starts to show its age rather badly when brought into the daylight. It's certainly acceptable, but it no longer has anywhere near the same wow factor as it did back in 2004. Overall, though I can't ever give a proper 10, I feel that L4D2 deserves a sizable decimal after the 9. Boycotters were clearly wrong, as great care has been taken to transform this into an entirely new and exciting game, far above and beyond the realm of a paid DLC. If you even somewhat enjoyed the first, then the second will not disappoint. Expand
  85. BoTl1ke
    Nov 24, 2009
  86. Louis
    Nov 30, 2009
    I was a little weary about L4D2, but when I first played it, all the feelings went away. I noticed that the great people at Valve put a lot of effort to make every campaign completely unique. For example, in Hard Rain, a great rainstorm comes while you are returning to the ship, and affects gameplay greatly. In The Parish and Swamp Fever Campaigns, you can listen to 5 different songs on I was a little weary about L4D2, but when I first played it, all the feelings went away. I noticed that the great people at Valve put a lot of effort to make every campaign completely unique. For example, in Hard Rain, a great rainstorm comes while you are returning to the ship, and affects gameplay greatly. In The Parish and Swamp Fever Campaigns, you can listen to 5 different songs on the jukebox, which are all awesome( Portal: Still Alive :D). In the Dead Carnival Campaign, there are arcade games you can play, and you have the chance to save a gnome from the horrors of the zombie apocalypse. The settings are beautifully rendered as well. As you also know, there are 3 new infected, which all help counter camping. New Panic Events require you to perform tasks such as running a roller coaster, or running coke for a gunshop owner, which also counter camping, and add a new twist to the game. They add many new primary weapons to the game and also melee weapons. Adrenaline, revive kits and boomer bile are some other new equipment in the game. They also add Scavenger mode, in which you frantically try to gather gas cans. Unfortunately though, I find that Scavenger mode is greatly unfair, as one team usually wins 3 times in a row. The losers have to go first, and the winners have to try to beat them. Easy call, who do you think is going to win? The characters are also a little bit more dull, and while I do like them, they don't stand out as much as the original L4D characters.(PILLZ HERE) Also, the Survivor AI Sucks, so don't think about trying single player unless you are good at killing smokers. Overall, I give the game a 9m because while this is everything Valve promised, there is just a little more that can be done. Expand
  87. DonovanN
    Dec 10, 2009
    This game is a great improvement over the original Left 4 Dead. The only aspect to the game that is rather annoying is that in Versus mode, the Infected wins probably >70% of the time. You have to be AMAZING at the game to beat four player-controlled infected.
  88. KieranP
    Dec 22, 2009
    I only just bought the game today but i find its incredible.Its more than an expansion mainly because its a complete revolution. Completely new characters who are acted perfectly and are easy to connect with, and the inspired AI Director which I think should now be implemented into all future games. The new modes are entertaing and absorbing, plus the old ones are a good as ever. Melee I only just bought the game today but i find its incredible.Its more than an expansion mainly because its a complete revolution. Completely new characters who are acted perfectly and are easy to connect with, and the inspired AI Director which I think should now be implemented into all future games. The new modes are entertaing and absorbing, plus the old ones are a good as ever. Melee weapons are awesome but i think they could have some more variety other than constantly hitting the head clean off your oponent. Also I think defib are a bit of a cheat since you can bring people back on the spot instead of going on your own to find them, ehich I found more challenging. But despite these little quirks, the overall game is excellent and on a par with, if not surpassing, the original. Expand
  89. DougW
    Dec 29, 2009
    As a multiplayer game, this is fantastic. Every aspect of this game is excellent, the graphics, the level design, the AI Director and the humour are notable for their quality. In particular the combination of the atmospheric design and the waves and waves of insane zombie death work together beautifully. Overall the only let downs are the number of levels and the NPC AI. An expansion is As a multiplayer game, this is fantastic. Every aspect of this game is excellent, the graphics, the level design, the AI Director and the humour are notable for their quality. In particular the combination of the atmospheric design and the waves and waves of insane zombie death work together beautifully. Overall the only let downs are the number of levels and the NPC AI. An expansion is in the works, adding more levels, and the levels currently available will keep you busy for a while. The NPC AI means the computer players are about as useful as humans, but they're quite different - they are basically aimbots, but they never follow more complex strategies and in some places are a virtual liability, when you need a lot of coordination. Expand
  90. TadL
    Dec 7, 2009
    This game improves upon every aspect of L4D2. It's good enough that I can actually stand being on the losing team in Vs. mode this time. It was unbearably frustrating/boring in L4D1.
  91. ChrisW
    Dec 8, 2009
    Apart from the terrible AI, this game is what the first L4D should've been, very well done Valve.
  92. JoshD.
    Jan 31, 2010
    Left 4 Dead was a great game. Left 4 Dead 2 is even better. The game is perfected beyond the first, and offers a great experience. Many people have issues with servers, but you can fix it in the lobby by selecting "Official Dedicated" instead of "Best Dedicated". The game is very much like the first, however many sequels are that way. The level design (Coming from a level designer), is Left 4 Dead was a great game. Left 4 Dead 2 is even better. The game is perfected beyond the first, and offers a great experience. Many people have issues with servers, but you can fix it in the lobby by selecting "Official Dedicated" instead of "Best Dedicated". The game is very much like the first, however many sequels are that way. The level design (Coming from a level designer), is astounding. Valve has perfected it. The subtle hints that lead you from one area to the next help this game for new people. The new characters, although realistic and you can identify with them, just don't come out as unique as the first's. Another problem I had was the Charger's AI is horrible. The Charger more-often-than-not runs into walls, and little corners, which can get infuriating. The Jockey's however, is great! He hides, and uses his advantage of being short to hide behind small areas. Scavenge is a great addon too, offering a quicker, fast-paced versus mode that does it's job really well. Kudos to Valve for making my heart race as the music gets quicker, as we grab the last can, and attempt to protect our convoy as we are in overtime. The weapons seem too close to the screen, and the Magnum would blow your head off. Again, these are minor nuisances, that can be ignored. The Hunter is somewhat buggy, as I once pounced off a high ledge and landed right on his head, but simply fell off. There aren't as many memories, but over-all, it is a better game. The new DLC should help this game out, and it could either do really well or fail miserably. Overall, I'd give Left 4 Dead a 9.3. I rounded it, so that's why I put it as a 9. This game was one of the best of last year. Expand
  93. AlS
    Mar 23, 2010
    This is one of the greatest games that has come out to date. The game-play possibilities are endless. Things rarely happen twice. With all the different modes 5 in all the game-play is very fun and nearly endless. One of the modes "Realism" can be set to the difficulty by the player. This makes some of the levels a REAL challenge to complete. As the same in the first game I am glad that This is one of the greatest games that has come out to date. The game-play possibilities are endless. Things rarely happen twice. With all the different modes 5 in all the game-play is very fun and nearly endless. One of the modes "Realism" can be set to the difficulty by the player. This makes some of the levels a REAL challenge to complete. As the same in the first game I am glad that there is no radar, because in a zombie Apocalypse you will have no clue where or when a zombie will start beating on you. With the graphics on full sometimes at night some of the images are blurry. This game is easily better than CoD:MW2 just because the game-play is WAY better and there are less hackers in the game, which makes it better for everyone. A definite need in any gamers collection. Expand
  94. EchoEcho
    Apr 23, 2010
    This game is a million times better then the first one in every way but one, I don't like the characters as well. Or maybe I just miss Francis hating everything lol! The game is really awesome, I love the new melee, the new and improved weapons, and the Spitter is wicked cool. The Jockey is admittedly beyond stupid, but it's ok, since he has his purpose. You still get the old This game is a million times better then the first one in every way but one, I don't like the characters as well. Or maybe I just miss Francis hating everything lol! The game is really awesome, I love the new melee, the new and improved weapons, and the Spitter is wicked cool. The Jockey is admittedly beyond stupid, but it's ok, since he has his purpose. You still get the old special infected, however now they have walking witches, which can be a pain, but are very interesting and fun to crown. I would highly recommend this game over the first, just for game play alone. It's beyond satisfying to behead a zombie with my "ninja sword." Expand
  95. EllisB
    Nov 18, 2009
    It's a worthy purchase even if you own L4D1, Few things I liked are a bunch new weapons, except they are sometimes as plenty as litter; and it is hard to tell which one is better. I was pleased to see a lot of content was "borrowed" and improved from user created content already available for L4D: like ammo upgrades, laser sight and a couple of campaigns reminded me of best rated L4D It's a worthy purchase even if you own L4D1, Few things I liked are a bunch new weapons, except they are sometimes as plenty as litter; and it is hard to tell which one is better. I was pleased to see a lot of content was "borrowed" and improved from user created content already available for L4D: like ammo upgrades, laser sight and a couple of campaigns reminded me of best rated L4D add-on campaigns. The additions of new special infected are well awaited, but I'm still undecided whether all new ones are very likable: the Jockey and the Charger are extremely hard to avoid, and I wish were a bit weaker. I do like the walking witch, it leaves lots of chances for ZOMG WTF moments. I though that the continuity between campaigns is great for a better story line telling, but overall there was no story in either games. The characters are different... I would've been fine if they left the original characters, especially Ellis the mechanic sounds like one of the developers on the audio commentary for L4D; so his character should've been at least an office kind of guy. The downfalls: Like I previously mentioned the weapons are sometimes very abundant, too abundant, you end up running back and forth trying to figure out which gun you want to take along; and on the other hand the game sometimes forces you to give up your preferred weapon by not having many ammo piles - which sucks when you find a great rifle with a laser sight, and then have to trade down to a manual shotty. The voice overs are not engaging and feel kind of forced and unprofessional acting. The sound booth literally comes down on you when your character says something unrelated. I did miss the legs when looking down or crouching on ledges like in original L4D; I think it added to the immersion while playing. Of course it was annoying when they get in the way when camping ladders, but seeing them there really made you feel the ground - and not just float around like ghosts. As it is early to say, the current crash to desktop issues I've experienced may go away sooner or later. I do wish Valve makes it sooner, but the second day first update did not fix my problem; and my game seems to crash right during the finale, stealing my completed achievement. It has done so many times, and not only during the finale; but I do have much faith in Valve, and I think it will get pretty stable. So far it is a solid 9 from me, and I'm not going to count-in the disappointment that this game did not come out as an add-on to L4D, with no discount, and treated like a separate product. Thumbs up Valve! Expand
  96. JohnT
    Nov 22, 2009
    Awesome game, it has the core gameplay on L4D1 we all know with several new things that make it even better. This is what L4D1 should have been. VS is a blast now (because it's much more balanced). The new gamemode (Scavenger) is my favorite. The new specials combined with the old ones create devastatig havoc. The AID 2.0 doesn't really do what was advertised but it's much Awesome game, it has the core gameplay on L4D1 we all know with several new things that make it even better. This is what L4D1 should have been. VS is a blast now (because it's much more balanced). The new gamemode (Scavenger) is my favorite. The new specials combined with the old ones create devastatig havoc. The AID 2.0 doesn't really do what was advertised but it's much better than the 1.0 because it spawns zombies that can attack well together like a Boomer and Spitter or Charger and Jockey. The only negative things imo are the achievements re-setting on PC, the unfinished Dead Center map, they beyond horrible survivor bot AI (supposed to be a MP game so that's not too bad) and the unrealistic realism mode. Overall this game scores a 9/10 and is the best game of the year on PC in my book. Expand
  97. MichaelS
    Nov 26, 2009
    I was unsure about getting this game at first, but I'm very happy I did. The new Specials really mix things up a bit more, and the uncommon infected keep the standard zombie rush a bit more involved. Beyond that the new Weapons / Items are great. It just adds another level of randomness to the AI director to keep each replay feeling unique. And as for the new modes of play, there I was unsure about getting this game at first, but I'm very happy I did. The new Specials really mix things up a bit more, and the uncommon infected keep the standard zombie rush a bit more involved. Beyond that the new Weapons / Items are great. It just adds another level of randomness to the AI director to keep each replay feeling unique. And as for the new modes of play, there really great. Scavenge is a great way to get some Vs action going with out playing an entire campaign. While Realism Mode is a much welcome addition to standard Co-op. The campaigns themselves are more interesting then in the first game, with great settings and some great new events (In a few places you trigger an event with hordes rushing at you, but rather then sit tight and fight them off you have to advance further into the level to find an "off switch" to stop an otherwise endless rush of flesh munchers.) The Finallys themselves are great, flashy, fun events. While there are a few bugs that need to be fixed (gotten stuck in a wall now on 3 occasions after a Charger hit me. And lets not forget the new wondering witches that any AI you have seem to completely ignore until they get there face gnawed off.) But both are rare enough that they can be over looked assuming they get patched in the near future. In closing L4D2 is not ground breaking, and even with all the new content it will get old after awhile. And if you disliked the first one I would advise renting before buying. But if you liked the first one this is a must have. It's not prefect, but I've had a blast so far and highly recommend, 9/10. Expand
  98. QN
    Nov 29, 2009
    Want L4D2? Get L4D1 as well! The first game is set at night, the second is mixed day and night. The two games don't replace each other, they are different games. Fantastic gameplay in #2, different strategies needed for this game from the first. When Valve fix the little bugs, glitches and crashes, this game will get a solid 10 points. L4D2 is a stunningly fun game, and we'll be Want L4D2? Get L4D1 as well! The first game is set at night, the second is mixed day and night. The two games don't replace each other, they are different games. Fantastic gameplay in #2, different strategies needed for this game from the first. When Valve fix the little bugs, glitches and crashes, this game will get a solid 10 points. L4D2 is a stunningly fun game, and we'll be playing on this and #1 for quite some time. Expand
  99. mysticalfryz
    Dec 1, 2009
    This game is not that different from the last installment of the game. So I will not give it a 10 out of 10, but instead I am treating it like a expansion if you put a little bit of time into it you could of gotten it for around 30 bucks so I am ok with it considering all of the boosts to the game-play, and also to mention the second and the first use the same map style so you can easly This game is not that different from the last installment of the game. So I will not give it a 10 out of 10, but instead I am treating it like a expansion if you put a little bit of time into it you could of gotten it for around 30 bucks so I am ok with it considering all of the boosts to the game-play, and also to mention the second and the first use the same map style so you can easly put the old maps on to the second. This makes them better, and also adds more compelling stages, and more reasons to play the first maps all over. Expand
  100. JonathanM
    Dec 20, 2009
    -I cannot believe people give this game a 0. I don't understand the rational of them! Take the voter below me: "expansion horribly overpriced and obviously rushed" -First off, it is a sequal and $35 was a fair price! "same zombie model over and over again" -What? There are many more models than the original and if you can't see the UCI then you must be blind? "level design is -I cannot believe people give this game a 0. I don't understand the rational of them! Take the voter below me: "expansion horribly overpriced and obviously rushed" -First off, it is a sequal and $35 was a fair price! "same zombie model over and over again" -What? There are many more models than the original and if you can't see the UCI then you must be blind? "level design is atrocious...near impossible to navigate on half the levels...i got stuck on every...friggin stage because level design sucks." -Uhm what? The game is so linear that a MAJORITY of the community wants BETTER dynamic director paths to alter the gameplay! You must just suck at the game. Go play Tetris. "AI is pants on head retarded" -The AI is, indeed pretty stupid, and hopefully they'll update it as needed (they already updated a little in scavenge mode). "You can no longer enjoy the environments on anything above easy because the game spawns the mini hordes like the Director is having a seizure..." -Are you just straight-out lying? Maybe this game isn't for you. Really. Find one person that agrees with you. "All of the new items are stuff that you can get in the first one...extra guns are just different designs...All melee weapons do the same thing and could have...been a dlc into the first one." -Why do people think and keep telling themselves that melee weapons, more guns, more items in the first game should be DLC? That would be GAME-changing. Melee weapons in l4d? God, that would SUCK! FYI, the weapons DO differ, and people DO have preferences on what weapons they like. I do agree that the melee weapons should have a LITTLE more noticeable differences though. ----- -Anyway, users that enjoyed the first game will enjoy this game, but they might feel nostalgic to the 'creepy' feeling from the original. I recommend it for people seeking more zombie killing. The levels are nicely designed with subtle dynamic changes. The UCI add a touch of uniqueness to each campaign. I can go on, but I feel my post is too long, so all-in-all, I recommend this game as a full fledged sequal, and enjoy zombie killing! Expand

L4D2 delivers multiple improvements over its predecessor, and I get to keep all my fingers and toes.
    It remains one of the most distinctive co-operative titles out there, and allows for some of the most nerve-searing team-based multiplayer gaming on the market.
  3. Whereas once we treated Left 4 Dead as a stopgap between Half-Lifes, this is no longer a weird little side project with modest expectations, and Valve is confident enough to play around with it, safe in the knowledge that you can trust your players. Left 4 Dead proved it. And whereas that game had a personality, this one is overflowing with it.