8.5

1. Sep 14, 2011
    New zombies, new maps and more weapons! YES! But, for some odd reason I find the game play different. I actually find the original more appealing. The graphics look better as in better looking versus more advanced graphics. The characters aren't that appealing either. It seems a bit rush and too soon. Left 4 Dead 1 just got off the ground when this was released! Shame... But the games still good.
  2. Dec 10, 2011
    Even though this game doesn't really add enough amount of stuff to be made a sequel, it's still very good game. The gameplay is great, versus mode is increadibly fun and unlike Xbox 360 version, this version isin't killed by horrible community. I recommend to buy this game, if you are into multiplayer games and you understand what teamwork really means in team based games.
  3. Dec 11, 2011
    Left 4 Dead 2 is an enjoyable game to play. Like most games these days the game shines more in the multiplayer aspect and the numerous mods and addons that one can acquire through various means. These addons and multiplayer flavors are where the fun is. The single player is tolerable and is fun to play when bored but the AI really is sub par (the other survivors have god-like accuracy but are dumb as a rock in relation to self preservation, i feel as if i am babysitting them in most situations). But if you are playing L4D:2 you need to be playing it with other people as the additional survivors or as the special infected. In summation the game as a whole is worth playing and is highly replayable, but if you are more of a loner and play singleplayer exclusively then you may want to overlook this title and perhaps pick up another zombie shooter that caters to the storyline and solo play. Expand
  4. Jan 3, 2012
    As much as I miss the characters of the first one, and am loyal to the original's originality and simplicity, I must give the sequel a higher rating if only for the upkeep of free updates and constant addition to the already varied dynamic. While this one feels less like you're running for your life to a fate uncertain through the decaying ruins of the recent and progressing apocalypse, it's got more dakka and gorn. Plus that much more story to go along with the grim path humanity took in late 2009. For more information, see my review of L4D and just throw in the fact that there are more guns, more special zombies, more game play modes, even more game modes, a crossover campaign with the original survivors that's explained in "The Sacrifice" web comic, the original campaigns (with all the second's goodies), and just more Valve. Game on, comrades. But I do suggest you buy the first as well, if just to ease into the second's complexity, while being able to see your legs. Expand
  5. Jan 29, 2012
    The amount of free updates you recieve on the PC is astounding. Valve quality stamp, coupled with the amount of user content available makes this game a total blast. One of the best co-op games around, if not the most replayable ;) . Go buy for 20$ on steam or in stores!
  6. Mar 26, 2012
    Very addicting game, maybe the best co-op game i've ever played. It comes with the campaigns of the original Left 4 Dead so you don't have to buy the first game plus it comes with a bunch of new ones. Definitely recommend this to anyone.
    Ps: Playing as the Spitter in versus and scavenge is the best :)
  7. Apr 22, 2012
    This game is a must if you love zombies, or if you played L4D, single player experience is very nice, and your team mates are always ready to help, multiplayer with a lof of people is just supreme, if you are a fan of L4D you can play the maps as they are being imported, play from VS to Co-op mode, lots of fan made mods from weapons to maps and skins, are you ready to fight for survive against the zombie plague that spread all around the country ?
    If yes get in and kill some zombies !
  8. May 9, 2012
    Left 4 Dead 2 is bloody, fun and really successful. Not only multipalyer is fun, even the single player is fun. It doesn't want hard specs and It's amazing. The only bad thing there is that It doesn't have checkpoint in single player. Overall, it is amazing! (9.1)
  9. May 13, 2012
    Overall one of the best games ever made, and pretty much evolved the zombie genre to a point towards even making Resident Evil run for its money when it comes down to zombie genre games. Left 4 Dead 2 will leave you with excitement and suspense which you will more than likely be talking about for a long time, along with that the fact its a Steam game and from valve, expect it to have alot of PC content exclusives such as Achievements, constant upgrades and unofficial mods. To make it better, Left 4 Dead 1 comes packed with this game as well when you purchase it! Expand
  10. Jun 1, 2012
    Amazing game!! good graphics, insane game play, awesome characters and the Add-Ons is the best part , I cant figure out why people are giving this game such horrible ratings cuz this game is a BEAST!! This is a must have game for every PC gamer.
  11. Jul 30, 2012
    Awesome game. I don't know why you would pay full price on this. It's a Valve game, it goes on sale A LOT! I got this as a 4 pack to share with some friends. it was 14.99 for all 4 copies. We played Dead Center the first time we played and had some Co-op fun. If you can find it on sale it's a great value especially with the new free Cold Stream DLC.
  12. Jul 31, 2012
    L4D2 makes the first L4D feel like a demo. The PC version boasts 5 new campaigns and all the L4D1 maps plus a brand new map called Cold Stream included for no extra price. The game looks beautiful and it includes a ton more stuff than the first. A must buy for zombie killing fanboys
  13. Sep 9, 2012
    Very nice game, valve done it again, had so much fun with this one, im hooked on it atm, the gameplay is the same....Extremely awesome. not much to be said really. good job.
  14. Oct 8, 2012
    just like the first game it was a huge sucsess and an enjoable game, story was actually interesting , and made me connect to the characters, the graphics were pretty good as well, and new weapons and the option for melee made killing zombies a whole new level of fun, and even the small jokes every now and than are great! people thought it might be a bad idea to make another l4d but they were wrong, ohh they were so wrong! Expand
  15. Nov 10, 2012
    Chill out you lot who knock this game,it's a scream and great fun.I love the carnival with the rollercoaster its a ride and a half what a great time when you want a bit of a blowout.
  16. Nov 30, 2012
    A very good co-op zombie FPS. I didn't play Left for Dead 1 so when I played L4D2, I felt I no longer need to leave the house. All I need is some food to eat and play this game forever. Much teamwork is needed in harder difficulties, and I loved the fact that I cannot just shoot blindly and not caring about ammo. This make survival fun and exciting.
  17. Dec 25, 2012
    One of my favorite games of all time, for valve it is my favorite. The game has many more and new levels, allowing you to fight your way through the horde with new items, weapons and such. The game is perfect for co-op, survival, versus and scavenge (including realism). The only real downside to this masterpiece is the fact that the AI is horrible, always takes the wrong weapons and wastes health packs. The AI also never goes into the vantage points of the boss fights, and your almost always the only one to make it out. Expand
  18. Jan 15, 2013
    Eerily similar to L4D, this game does not deserve to be called a "sequel". A fraction of the updates in TF2 could have created this game from it's predecessor L4D. Regardless, it is rather enjoyable and scary. There is nothing like the feeling you get when a boomer pops out from a corner and screws up your vision. Multiplayer is a veteran's game, so you better know what you're doing before joining ( a lot of people are very rude to noobs, which is honestly the worst part of this game, so if you can get past that you're golden). I bought this on sale for $5, and would have gladly paid $20 for it. The biggest problem with the multiplayer is that gameplay ends up being one-sided. There are 2 teams, and players enjoy stacking a lot. You'll often find yourself with utter noobs or else with extreme experts, in which case the game becomes anti-competitive. You can simply quit when this happens and join a fairer game, so I would highly recommend this 9/10. Expand
  19. Mar 9, 2013
    This game is great, simple with very few elements of tactics but crucial to winning if your not familiar with the game. Graphics are good enough, but not awe inspiring. Servers are pretty good, support sucks but hey, very few people have GOOD support. The community is the one thing that really lets down L4D2, on vs people will kick you out of the server rather than help teach you anything. Co-op has a much better attitude to it. The skill level is awesome, you can find an easy survivable campaign if your new, If you have some trusted friends that know what there doing, you can start going for the really hard settings and get your ass whupped. Expand
  20. Mar 21, 2013
    Single player is a frustrating affair having to rely on a dumb A.I. the so called gameplay improvement Instead of getting hit by one special attacks you will get hit by two special attacks now. Plus A.I. team members will not carry any missile weapons or help in mission orientated tasks same as before.
  21. Apr 25, 2013
    Hectic, chaotic fun and memorable characters. Plenty of game modes and fun mods to enjoy. If you've never played the original it's fine because the original missions are put in the game for free with improved graphics and gameplay. A must have for zombie fans.
  22. Apr 27, 2013
    Left 4 Dead 2 is as good as a sequel can get. It advances every aspect of its prequel. The combat is smoother, the AI is better and each new campaign finale delivers incredibly chaotic and fun gameplay. Left 4 Dead 2 introduces new special infected, such as the “Spitter”, which offers new challenging gameplay moments. The regular infected zombies have better animations and the special infected from the prequel are modified with different appearances and behaviors. There's many new cool weapons introduced in Left 4 Dead 2, including grenade launchers and melee weapons. If you liked the first one, then this is a no-brainer. Expand
  23. Apr 30, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Left 4 Dead and left 4 Dead 2 are no doubt an incredible gaming experience, it has limited creativity-on the game I mean. Though, it offers a chance to play as one of the unique Special Infected, actual teammates' cooperation, several unique maps and gaming experiences, and a good dialogue, Valve has to push themselves from the limit and think of new ideas. What I have heard, Valve is coming up with Left 4 Dead 3 where a memorable survivor from the original Left 4 Dead returns. All i am saying is that if you guys can improve the game experience, but at the same time offer the great entertaining fun of charging Ellis out of the building-or even better. Expand
  24. May 23, 2013
    "Left 4 Dead 2" is one of the most fun Co-Op games out there. The story is quite good for a sequel that does not follow directly follow from its predecessor. The levels are well made for a zombie game, unlike many that we have all played before. The simple tasks within the levels are mainly hold the fort type and scavenging parts never get old and are always fun and rewarding. Me and my friends can never leave this game with its outstanding replay-ability. The game has some nice multiplayer game modes like “Versus”. Where you play through the Co-Op levels as you would normally except all the special zombies are human controlled (it gets very fun with friends). This game has Steam Workshop support if in the rare case you get bored of the default ones. Did I also say this game comes with redone levels from the first "Left 4 Dead"? Did I also say you should buy this game? Did I also say that it's made by Valve? Expand
  25. AWG
    Jun 17, 2013
    This game is almost perfect. Maps are really well-done and compelling, missions are fair and graphics are well defined. I don't like new characters very much (Nick is the only good one, and I'd pay to watch him fight alongside Zoey, Francis and Bill) but the fact that Left 4 Dead 2 includes all the campaigns and levels from the first game makes it just awesome. I really can't find a flaw. 9 out of 10. Expand
  26. Jul 11, 2013
    j'aime beaucoup ce jeu le contenu est plus variées ont y retrouve les épisodes de son opus précédent la qualité graphique est tous aussi mieux un bon jeu auquel les fans de zombies ne risqueront pas de se lassés
  27. Jul 20, 2013
    While this game seems to be more of a glorified D.L.C., it earns its spot as one the of the greatest sequels of all time. Like its predecessor, Left 4 Dead 2 FORCES you to work TOGETHER. The graphics are very good for the dated Source Engine. The weapons have a good feel, and the realistic damage to the infected will make feel squeamish quite a lot. A very fun game from beginning to end. (Extra merits for easy modding as well.) Expand
  28. Aug 9, 2013
    This game is a great sequel to Left 4 Dead. It is much better though, due to improved AI and level dynamics (levels can play differently every playthrough). After you have completed the game, and start all over again, it will be boring, but the dynamics of this game adds extra replay value. It's best played online with friends, but offline, the NPC Players are quite bad.
  29. Aug 15, 2013
    One of my personal favorite games every.

Left 4 Dead 2 takes the Left 4 Dead series to a whole new level. While the story can be a bit hard to figure out if you don't play it as much as the others, you still can get the full jest of the game. The characters and zombies are unforgettable and put a smile on your face as you blast through waves of zombies and special's with a group of
    friends as you listen to those zingy one liners they characters love to through out.

As much as I love this game, it does have its flaws. Left 4 Dead 2 can be a real pain if you're playing with bots. They said they upped the A.I upon coming out but that's debatable. The bots tend to get abit lower than stupid and can be a real hassle to try and keep alive. Most of the time its best to just shoot them dead and move on.

While the main story campaigns are nice, its nicer when you have all the custom community created campaigns to play as well. While Valve has tried getting some over to the consoles, it's best you own the PC version if you want to experience this game to the fullest when it comes to mods. After all, this is a Valve game and it was made to be very mod-able for PC. Valve is a PC company, after all.

All in all, its an amazing game to play with a group of friends if you're bored and just want to have fun. If you're very competitive, you can also play the Versus mode which pits a team of humans against a team of player controlled zombies. Very fun, good game to have a good time in. If you don't own it on PC, steam usually puts it on sale for 5 bucks every few weeks.
  30. Aug 19, 2013
    Ever wondered its time to join the 'zombpocalypse'? Left 4 Dead 2 is the best place for you. Four survivors with an arsenal of weapon ranging from chainsaw to M60 and lots and lots of Infected trying to hunt you down.

L4D2 picks up where the first game left off, only with new survivors to hunt and be hunted. The short story of the game is spread through 5 chapters (although it was
    expanded with DLC campaigns). It is not overtly complicated and deep, but it can be suspected for a game of this nature and fairly this is not the most important part of this game. On normal settings the campaign can be completed around 4 hours or so, if you have access to the DLC campaigns it will extend the fun to 6-7 hours. Amping up the difficulty will increase the challenge and frustration originating from the retries you have to take to complete the chapters. While the story is not the richest out there, the game features some amazing voice over and writing. The characters are funny, witty and believable in the world of the game of course.

When you (if you at all) breeze through the campaign with bots this is when the real fun begins. Online multiplayer is its name. Simply, this game is meant to be played with other humans. First of all, the AI is not horrible, bud it is bad enough that you will be constantly ripping out your hair while playing the game SP (especially on harder difficulties) Not to mention the Infected AI is much better. Second, the shooting is at its best when you are surrounded with real humans trying to help you survive or chasing you as Infected. Yes, there are game modes (Versus, Scavange, etc.) where you can show your skills as a Spitter, Charger or any type of Special Infected.

The challenges will just never end with this game. You can play different MP modes like Versus or the newly introduced Scavange (collecting cans and filling up the generator while the Infected are trying to stop you). Or if you want you can just play the campaigns again with human help. If you are tired you can jump on community servers or try the endless number of easy-to-use mods created for the game by the community.

Here we are again. Valve have proved again that they are indeed the masters of Multiplayer Madness. After hits like Counter Strike, Team Fortress we have the upcoming wave of games like the L4D2 series and DotA 2. While the SP mode is not much engaging and falls short of expectations and you may not care about the characters in the end, if you ever want to just jump in and oppose the endless hordes of zombies while having super fun, this is the ultimate and most definite place to start.

Rating: 85/100; Replay Value: 5/5; To Beat: 6 hours (SP with the campaign DLCs); Played on: normal.
  31. Nov 24, 2013
    Best co-op game I have played ever. The best part for co-op is that you don't need to be good at it to play. Cause even the strongest player will need your help at times.
  32. Jan 21, 2014
    As someone who has never owned the original L4D, this game was amazing. Fantastically balanced levels and a strong emphasis on teamwork. And if you (like me) never bought the original, all those maps are now in the game.
    One downside is that the Australian and German versions were censored ( D: ), the other downside is that the graphics kinda suck ( 2006 standard), but it was obvious that
    they were too busy polishing everything to a blinding shine. Expand
  33. Feb 8, 2014
    Well, it has a very fascinating multiplayer. You can spend hours easily and don't even notice. It has so many mods and maps and they're all great, you'll never be bored. It's really entertaining but I can't say the same thing to single player. After all, forget the single player. Multiplayer will be enough for you. My score is 9 out of 10.
  34. Feb 9, 2014
    Amazing game, very creative. I cannot wait for the 3rd version to come out, hopefully containing many more weapons, infected character, humans, maps and game modes!
  35. Feb 13, 2014
    This is very good game. It has a lot of mods wich makes it even better. If you play it with your friends you need a lot of time to get bored of it but in about a month you come back to play and it gets cool again and you just can't stop playing it. Game sometimes (very rare times) lags or it just crahes but that's not a problem. You did great work Valve.
  36. Feb 26, 2014
    I gave this a 9...because of the online and mutliplayer...which are close to 10s imo.

The solo campaign is an eight. Still fun but does not shine the same.

There is nothing bad to say about the multiplayer. It is fast, fun, crazy and just as good as Left for Dead 1.
    For me, L4D 1 and 2 are the genre definer in FPS / Zombie / Survival.
  37. Apr 15, 2014
    This game on PC is where you can get the most for your money, steam workshop and mod support increase the games experience by miles. The game is very fun and yet encourages good team work overall. the enemas are well spread out through out the game, rather than 7 tanks coming at you at once.
  38. Apr 22, 2014
    Left 4 Dead 2 has gotten a lot of flak for its similarity to the first game, but I think Valve made the right move in making it just how they did. Here's why:

REPLAY VALUE:
    - The first game was not very long, but it had replay value, the second game is essentially the first game with more levels, new levels, new characters, new dialogue, new weapons and enemies and mechanics, etc. The
    first game was a smashing success, so if the second was why would they change that much in the sequel?

NEW MECHANICS:
    - The guns, special devices, and melee weapons all have a very nice, "clean," feel to them. There's almost no "wind-up," so every swing, shot, and throw feels responsive. This is something many developers overlook when making games, and it's incredibly important to have the feel right.

NEW WEAPONS:
    - The arsenal from L4D was one of the more boring parts of the game. L4D2 has more than doubled the amount of weapons, whilst keeping the originals for old fans.

STEAM WORKSHOP:
    - Don't like the level selection? The skins are boring you? Then modify them with minimal effort by utilizing Steam Workshop, which is home to thousands of custom, user-made skins.

There really isn't much to complain about.
  39. May 1, 2014
    This game is just an incredibly fun game. I don't think I've ever played an FPS game quite like this one. The community may be horrible but it's still fun, especially if you're playing with friends.
    My only problem with this is that the community is absolutely terrible. They votekick you for not having more than 1,000 hours of playtime. But then again, that's hardly the game's fault, it's
    more of the people's fault, so if you get this game I recommend playing with people you know. Expand
  40. May 1, 2014
    Being new to the Left 4 Dead games - and PC gaming in general - I was unsure what to expect. However, after raking in nearly 20 hours of playtime in a single weekend it is easy to say that L4D2 is ridiculously good fun. The campaign contains multiple missions which can be played cooperatively or alone (if you're brave enough!) Out of all of the thrilling moments that the game has to offer; running along the roller coaster in 'Dark Carnival' quickly became the highlight for me.

If the campaign feels repetitive, there are many other exciting game modes available that allow you to play alongside other players online or as a competitive special infected zombie. The witch is an iconic zombie within the game that can quickly lead a group to panic as suspenseful music thickens the atmosphere. Although the game was released nearly five years ago, their is still an active community which will keep you entertained for hours. Definitely worth a play!
  41. Jun 9, 2014
    To start off, I HATE FPS. It is one of the most repetitive and boring genre of gameplay.

However, L4D2 is very different. To start off, it is not the typical boring man shoots another man because of a war and **** like that. Instead, it involves something unique - zombies! Man shoots zombies otherwise their brains would be eaten. Amazing, isn't it? Furthermore, there are several maps,
    several weapons, and SEVERAL ZOMBIES WITH DIFFERENT TALENTS AND ABILITIES to keep you entertained. Not the typical boring and predictable human enemy. You also get a chance to be a zombie and battle humans in the multiplayer mode.

To summarize, this game (despite my hatred to FPS) is AMAZING!
  42. Jun 11, 2014
    This title is an excellent entry in the zombie genre. The game definitely shines the brightest when played with friends, but I find the single player goddamn enjoyable as well. Not does it only give you hours of challenging, but fun time in the campaign, the multiplayer modes extend the fun so far, that you can have a good time with it, even to this day. The only flaw I had with it was the slight repetition with the campaigns, but seriously, blowing away the heads of those stupid undead people never gets old, shall it be with an axe or a shotgun. Expand
  43. Aug 15, 2014
    Many people won't like this game because its the same. I say to that, why fix what's not broken. This game took what we all loved in Left 4 Dead 1 and improved it with more weapons, more enemies, more love able characters, and better co-op. Without a doubt, this is one of the best co-op zombie games I've seen.
  44. Oct 16, 2010
    Killing Zombies in a Post Apocalyptic wasteland is a Right of Passage for any gamer...This game delivers...If you are trying to increase your point total for your XBOX 360 GAMERTAG...look elsewhere...
  45. Nov 23, 2010
    Don't listen to the haters, this game is better than l4d1. The versus is more balanced and has more special infected, more weapons, more everything, it's just more better.

They're currently importing some of the original maps, and adding more content to this one so unless you like playing with sub 4k players and waiting in lobbies, there isn't any reason to pick up the first over this
    one.

Overall definitely a solid team based fps for those of you who hate fps.
  46. Nov 28, 2010
    It doesn't bring all that much over the original, but it's still one of the best games of recent years (though most recent games have been utter trash).
  47. Dec 2, 2010
    While this game can get boring, it's a near perfect example of a zombie apocalypse.
  48. Dec 4, 2010
    With new campaign, new levels, and new weapons, Left 4 Dead 2 is as good as its previous version. Although I did not like the new backgrounds and graphics. They were just horrible. But the game still gives me the creeps.
  49. Jan 10, 2011
    l4d2 brings melee weapons and other guns to an instant classic. This has to be the best zombie game ever made for PC to date. The zombies move fast, run around corners, and climb over and under things to get to you. You play one of four survivors who are immune to the infection. With L4D2 more attention is given to the storyline, which is cool, but I really would like to see a good zombie game with a nice single-player mode that tells a good story. Single player mode is almost non-existent in this game. L4D2 is meant to be played online. You can play with 3 bots, sure, but the fun really isn't there until you go online. Starting off, you should play a campaign on normal with 3 other human players in coop mode to get the idea of the game and how it is played (Normal because easy is just way too easy). After playing through all campaigns, you might think that the game isn't worth replaying, but you would be very wrong. First up is versus mode. where you and 3 other friends play against 4 others friend...er, enemies and compete for the best score. Versus mode is probably the best part of this game and the most played game-mode. And if you get bored of versus, load up a campaign in advanced mode and then expert and you'll have a real challenge on your hands (play it online not in single player). Valve also added a realism mode that is even harder, so the game can be replayed quite a bit. In fact, it is one of the most played games I have. Where it also shines are the crescendo events, in which you'll find yourself running through an area with wave after wave of zombie hoards coming at you while you attempt to reach a switch or get to safety. Probably the funnest finale is the bridge crossing at the end of the last campaign where you must run to a helicopter while zombies are trying to take you down. Valve has been putting out DLC that is FREE for this game, and they keep updating the game almost weekly with 'mutations' (mods), updates, and tweaks, and there are plenty of custom maps to download and try out, and Valve has been featuring some of the best ones in their blog. Even though the game uses an older graphics engine (Source 2), it is still a fun game to play and definitely worth having in your collection. However, if you are not a social person and just like to play single-player, story driven games then this game is not for you. It is only worth playing on a PC connected to the internet, as the single-player mode is a waste and I'm not even sure why they bothered making one. I really wish that Valve would make another version of this, but this time give us a single-player mode that tells a story and is worth being in the game. But as much as I play this game, you'd think I'd give it a 10, but I can't because of these reasons: 1. It uses a dated graphics engine. 2. This is just l4d1 the way they wanted it to be but didn't have the budget for it. 3. No in-game download and install of custom maps/content. Consequently, there isn't a lot of people playing custom maps. 4. Single player mode sucks. It may as well not even be there. Yeah, we get it that multilayer games are all the craze, but many of us out here still like a good story-driven single-player mode. The lack of such a mode gives me the impression that Valve was just in it for the money, and didn't really expect the game to make as much as it did. It is still in the top sellers list on Steam. Expand
  50. Apr 24, 2011
    A good game, yes. But I can't really find myself playing it for more then a few hours, if not only a couple minutes. I quit half way through story modes when I play by myself, and really only play it with friends. With friends, or with people online, this game is really good. But like I said, playing by yourself wasn't as enjoyable as Left 4 Dead 1, because it's the same thing with enhanced A.I (Maybe). But other than that, this is a pretty good game to play. The best on the PC I would say. It's a buy Expand
  51. Jul 22, 2011
    As addictive as Heroin, without the illegality - Although I did prefer the old L4D, it was more original and better designed, and L4D2 is in essence L4D with a Gok-Wan style make-over. Also, Zoey is much more attractive than Rochelle, and less annoying too. But hey, it was fun and good, and to save me writing an L4D review read the first seven words of this review but keep the score the same.
  52. Aug 30, 2011
    Nothing has really changed since the first version. New characters and maps mixed with improved graphic and nothing else. It's not really L4D2, it's rather L4D1.5.
  53. Sep 28, 2011
    I loved Left 4 Dead for some really good atmosphere, solid game play, and the co-op I desperately wanted in my games that nothing I had owned (up to that point) had ever filled though some had the potential to do so (looking at you StarFox). I only played L4D1 for about half a year or a little more before Left 4 Dead 2 was announced and then, quickly, released. The rush to get it out is really noticeable as the game has its bugs, but (since I started playing) patch-work has been done to fix that. The game is still far from perfect as it feels more like an expansion pack than a sequel. Only Melee Weapons, a few new maps, and a few new zombies were added to the mix. I get that trying to reinvent the FPS-zombie game for every game in a series might be asking for much, but I don't feel like this is a true sequel to L4D one like, say, F-Zero GX was to F-Zero X (for a random comparison).

The aesthetics are about the same, if not weirder because a lot of the maps are set during the day, which isn't scary. So the game lacks the previous game's tension. But common infected have a much larger variety and uncommon infected added to the mix improves the looks of the enemies, a bit. The uncommon, however, are rather low in number and don't present as big an impact to game play. For the mechanics, the game works, I guess. you point the gun and the enemies die if you click on them. Some new mechanics, like gauntlets, really make for a more interesting horde run. But the number of gauntlets are low, so you won't get them as often as you should. There is also dynamic path-making which will alter the course of a map depending on certain circumstances. While I like the idea of alternate paths to change things up, I don't like it depending on conditions being met. It should just be random so I have a chance to see all the parts of the game rather than having to go through a lot of guess work to figure out what path I can take. Overall, it has improved in terms of game play from the first. Melee weapons, bullet upgrades, and a larger variety of weapons makes for some improvements on the Survivor's side of things, while the horde gets new zombies and new uncommon infected to hopefully balance it all out. If you liked L4D1, this isn't a bad buy. At the time of reviewing, $20 is a good deal for this game, but you can easily wait for a Steam Holiday Sale when it drops to somewhere around $10 or lower.
  54. Oct 8, 2011
    Wow, never played a funner co-op game, completely honest. Not only blowing off heads like in the first one, but it has added melee to whack heads off. It's not scary, just intense, and it's a game I don't think anyone will ever forget.
  55. Nov 12, 2011
    great 7.1 surround sound support, Great stereoscopic 3D support, great multilayer experience. It isn't anything different than the first but it is still just as fun. need I say more?
  56. Nov 29, 2011
    Left 4 dead 2 tries to expand on the original, and kinda does its job. While l4d2 is a good game, there are certain things keeping it from being a great game. Dynamic routes that were supposed to be in versus multiplayer were removed, dynamic weather was removed, when the game was released there was a crash to desktop issue, valve has not supported l4d2 with fixes for bugs, glitches and exploits. 2 years after being released, some of the glitches that were in the game in day one are still there. Valve has also ignored the l4d2 community in our request on ways to improve l4d2. Some of the maps have too many health kits, and valve refuses to remove the kits. While l4d2 could have been a great game, the glitches take away from the overall experience. Expand
  57. Nov 30, 2011
    What is it, 2 years - 3 after the game came out, and people are still complaining about it? I was part of the little protest not to release l4d2 because it really was the same thing - but valve definitely keeps it updated, fresh and new. They also added new left 4 dead 1 maps into L4D2, so you've really got alot more maps to play on, there's tons of free updates and patches and really, it's load of fun. 9/10 - the game is not perfect, but it is worth your money if you like zombie games. Expand
  58. Dec 13, 2011
    This game has more disappointments than improvements from Left4Dead. If you don't have either one, just buy Left4Dead instead. Only a few more Infected were added and a slightly better weapon selection enforced. Everything else; graphics, art, character selection, maps, and craving for zombie death got worse with this sequel. I still play L4d, but I can't find the interest to install L4d2 again.
  59. Dec 21, 2011
    A fun game overall. Boring and dull when playing with bots, but great when playing with friends. Wouldn't mind if there were more campaigns or other content though, as the game is quite short. All the campaigns can be replayed alot however.
  60. Dec 27, 2011
    Didn't get to play it too much, graphic card was too bad to actually try it. From the few hours i did play it, it was pretty fun, i would recommend this game to others.
  61. Jan 8, 2012
    Left 4 dead 2 is a pretty epic game....... Its awesome game for xbox pc and mac i really love that game..............................................
  62. Jan 25, 2012
    At first I was mad because there wasn't enough here that was new and warranting another game. This has since been fixed with updates but lacks the awesome of the first game because of ambiance and AI issues. Instead of the dark horror feel you get a sort of goofy beat zombies to death loony toons feel. The director has had all of its cool points removed for spamming hordes to the point where in some instances you cannot move due to unending, poorly paced hordes. The zombies also got smarter and zig zag about like crack heads as they run, making it harder to aim but taking from the realism. The grey dingy look every zombie has makes them look too bland and you get tired of looking at them. I'd rather they expanded the first one into the horror direction more, but this game is still quite good. Expand
  63. Mar 3, 2012
    For fans of the traditional LAN party, rejoice, for now there is a game built from the ground up for co-op! Just make sure your friends sign a contract to say they'll continue to play this game for the next couple of years or so to get your money's worth! :)
  64. Mar 22, 2012
    Better than first Left 4 Dead but still there is many things bothering. Rage quits are biggest problem in multiplayer and many times game ends before first map is finished. Game also gets pretty hard when players get better. Infected can not let survivors go when someone is coming to rescue them and kill you and Jockeys should have similar skills with Hunter; Bounce damage and skill to jump from wall to wall. How ever game was very entertaining for several months after it was released and DLC maps were "ok". There is also no sense to buy original Left 4 Dead because all maps are now available in this game. This was one of my favorite games but now I'm waiting something new from Valve. Expand
  65. May 4, 2012
    Three years from launch and this game is still fun to play on the multiplayer. I do hope that they come out with a Left 4 dead 3 and use some dx11 eyecandy as that would make my day.
  66. Jun 26, 2012
    I'm not a pessimist, but when after buying Left 4 Dead 2 on Steam, I was a little unsure of how it would be. The first aspect that worried me was the change in overall theme from a grounded city setting to a more diverse, but campy deep south America. Once I bought it however, I can safely say that L4D2 is still as fun as ever. So what has changed you ask? Quite a lot has been changed: the visuals and sound are improved; you can now use melee weapons; there are more guns; there's a better sense of progression and of course, more gore. This is probably the goriest game I have ever played; if it were a normal shooter about shooting soldiers instead of zombies then I might have felt a bit guilty. There is a problem I have with L4D2 though: teaming up with friends on-line and ploughing your way through hordes of slavering zombies may be entertaining, but it's also repetitive and quickly becomes quite tedious to play. The campy setting also seems to have taken away some of the emotional impact from the game. Overall, even though this is probably Valve's weakest game I've played, it still stands tall and proud over most of the junk which the game industry churns out and as a co-op experience, I thoroughly recommend it. Expand
  67. Jul 1, 2012
    If you can find it at a low price, this game is definitely worth having. I've heard that it's not a huge improvement from the original game, but I've not played it to give a valuable comparison. However, from what I have played of L4D2 I can say it does have a somewhat short campaign, but the DLC that has been released for the game does add new stages to survive through, and nonetheless this game has a charm created by the several zombie types and the randomization of how/when and in what quantities they come at you that lets you have a lot of fun with your friends online every time you play.

It's not the type of game that you play non-stop for several weeks or months, at least not for me, but it is the type of game that you can always pick up and play when you're in the mood and you'll be guaranteed a good hour, or two, or four each sitting. Really fun game and a good addition to the Valve library.
  68. Jul 28, 2012
    Absolute wonderful multiplayer and coop experience. If you dont know whats that game is about, google it or try it out, you wont be disappointed.
    The only thing that makes that game as enjoyable as eating a bile of **** is, that the average player you have to play with or against, is a retarded 12 year old, or a 40 year old virgin nerd, who is playing like he invented the aimbot.

All
    in all, if you play that game with good ppl or ppl that you can call your friends, you will enjoy it nearly like no other coop game. Expand
  69. Aug 6, 2012
    4/5 (Good) Game is good, multiplayer is fun. You want to have fun? Add Zombies. To anything. It works. BUT, the "kinda scripted" nature of the game makes you remember that you are in front of your PC, probably not as dressed up as you should, playing a GAME (and that you are not REALLY a zombie apocalypse hero... sadly.)

Try it, you will have fun.
  70. Aug 15, 2012
    Left 4 Dead 2 is a particularly worthwhile sequel for one with a few new innovations added to the series. Still, at least Valve DID add innovation to the game, like new guns, new zombies, new maps (well, duh), new items. Some people may think that the campaign is short and shallow, but what really pulls me into the game is the replay value. Sure, the chapter's wont last you more than a hour, however, each time I play them, the events that will unfold in your quest for survival is unpredictable. You won't ALWAYS get a defib at the very start of some chapter, or a jockey won't always come out from a door. There is always a new way to play the chapter, where all your friends are dead and you have to survive with 15 health with only a shotgun with very little ammo and 1 bottle of pills, or just blaze through with all of your friends blasting through hordes of zombies without braking a sweat or taking a scratch. playing as the zombies is a blast, and I always love the enjoyment of being afraid of those blasted jockeys or those insufferable witches. still, buying for the extra maps is a little bogus (despite that these Maps are free on the PC version), but at least you don't have to pay $15 for one map from Black Ops. Valve sure did put a lot more effort in a sequel like this than other developers would. Expand
  71. 4DI
    Nov 18, 2012
    Heavy on gameplay, light on everything else. L4D2 highly resembles the original. It got repetitive.
  72. Nov 28, 2012
    Left 4 Dead 2 warms you up with a single player campaign and then has long multi-player replay value. The match-finding service could be improved for casual players. Anybody that doesn't play L4D2 enough to use the infected properly will often be kicked if they end up on a team of expert players.
  73. Jan 30, 2013
    Left 4 Dead 2 is very entertaining to play as single player or with friends. Gameplay is really easy to learn, just a few button and you can do all basic tasks. Needs more weapons and maps thought, but also has very good range of addons which user can install. Really, only big lack is too few single player modes: need scavenge, versus and survival single player too!
  74. Jan 4, 2014
    Another good Valve game! L4D2 is a good game that combines teamwork and survival. Fighting against zombies is always fun, and with a friend it is even better!
    There's a lot of gamemodes to choose from, there's also many weapons and even though that the gameplay might feel a little repetitive, it is still fun. The game is incredibly detailed and the AI works very well.
  75. Jul 5, 2013
    This game is great!It doesn't really have a story,mostly just short campaigns.The gameplay is great,the levels are interesting and is a great multiplayer game to play with friends!
  76. Jul 14, 2013
    Where to begin...
    Left 4 Dead 2 Is a Co-op zombie shooter like no other.
    It involves elements such as: forcing the player to make a hard choice using the last medical kit on yourself or a teammate, both of you are badly wounded, going back for a player that was downed right when the escape vehicle arrives.).

An A.I Director that places the zombies, health items and weapons, Based on
    how the survivors are doing. Last stage felt like cake-walk?
    The A.I Director makes sure items are harder to find and increases the amount of zombies spawned.

Unique zombies called "special infected" are also waiting for you in the shadows.
    Ranging from the long-tongued "Smoker", to the large-armed "Charger", to the hulking mas of muscle known as the "Tank".

The weapons have 2 to 3 tiers of effectiveness, (damage, mix of the two, accuracy) and in the vast weaponry of Left 4 Dead 2.
    You'll be able to find assault rifles, pump and full auto shotguns, sniper rifles, SMGs and even grenade launchers and M60 machine guns! There's also grenade-like weapons such as the molotov.

There's lots more to talk about, like the ability to modifiy your game so that you're holding sliver M1911's instead of a glock and USP45 or playing on an entirely user-made map. But there are some things to find for yourself..

Overall, this game gets a 8 out of 10.
    The game is innovative and full of modifications, but as you play into your 100th hour.
    You can memorize events, event triggers and Tank spawning positions. As well as the shortest route on a stage and where all the weapon and item spawning points are, so that destroys the scavenging aspect. So online Co-op with random players and the random horde events are the only thing you can count on being unexpected.
    These are only my thoughts, try it out for yourself at a friends house or when a steam free weekend event occurs.
  77. Aug 26, 2013
    Valve has never failed to dissapoint me and L4D2 is no exeption. When you get into this game there are alot of options, if you need help deciding which level to pick IMO the best one is blood harvest but there all great. there really isint much of a story in any of the levels, Turn power on Fight horde get in safe house is usally the drill but nobody judges this game by story exept for the death of Bill:(. The gameplay is really fun and i enjoy searching for the best wepons and just sitting in the starting area just testing wepons. If you are new To pc gaming like Me L4D2 is a good place to start or any valve game is good.One of the problems well not a problem but the graphics are not very good but i look past that and there isint really anything super new from the first game but almost every thing is improved 8.9 Expand
  78. Oct 31, 2013
    Since this came out a mere year after Left4Dead 1, it angered a lot of the players of the first game, me included.
    I did not want 4 new characters, especially ones as uninteresting as these, I didn't want to plop down another $40 for a sequel when the first was still relatively new and I didn't want it set during the daytime.

However, if you are able to set all that aside and just look
    at the game play, it IS still pretty fun.

Here's what's great:
    - Melee weapons! This should have been in the original and really fill things out.
    - Scripted campaigns. Very foolishly cut from the original game.
    - Ability to restart a particular map without restarting the whole campaign. This alleviates much of the problem of griefers.
    - Uncommon infected. A nice touch that makes each map feel more unique.
    - Mutations. Great way to mix things up
    - Player mods. Some of the player-made maps are even better than the ones in the game.

Here's what sucks
    - High-tech military weapons. This greatly detracts from the mood that these are just 4 random people fighting with whatever was lying around at the time.
    - Jockeys! Are you friggin kidding me? Stupid looking model, stupid special power, stupidly hard to kill.
    - AI. WOW did the AI get dumber! In the first game the bots would at least respond when you got attacked, now they just stand there looking at you half the time.

So is it worth buying? Well from at 2013 perspective after all the player mods and other stuff that has been added I would say YES, although the way this was handled is definitely a black mark on Valve.
    I also hate, hate, hate the jockys! They are silly, their special ability is even sillier and they are silly-hard to kill. It felt like these things were crammed-in just to expand the inventory when
  79. Nov 15, 2013
    I wouldnt call it as an sequel. Rather an expansion. Because Valve threw all that stuff that was supposed to come into L4D1 to L4D2 thus making it a new game. That made many scratch theyr heads, Why the F did i buy the first game then to begin with? But it had drawbacks. The characters were simply boring. The originals were so different yet they connected perfectly. Campaigns didnt have that dark atmosphere that the first game delivered. Sure you got melee weapons which most people swap with the deagle anyway. New infected. And survival was swapped with gathering gas cans. The only plus side is the modding community that sadly swapped from L4D to L4D2 thus creating more campaigns and keeping the game alive. But it was still rushed to make some quick easy bucks... Expand
  80. Nov 30, 2013
    This is a strong sequel that adds some good new features without changing the fundamentals of the original. There are new items, weapons, characters, weapons, levels and the like as well as new music. The only real problem is that the core experience tends to get quite repetitive as all you're really doing is shooting, shooting and more shooting to get to the safe house or rescue point. However, the experience is great for the most part and can definitely be a whole lot of fun, especially with friends in co-op. Expand
  81. Jan 13, 2014
    A entertaining multiplayer game and a good price on Steam. Very entertaining and provides hours of endless zombie killing fun. Has many different weapons, zombies, and game modes. Definitely worth your time and money!
  82. Apr 19, 2014
    I'm not really the one for blogging, but my professor for one of my college classes asked that I write an Essay review of a video game or movie that I like or dislike. I decided to go with my favorite game, L4D2.

Having been a huge fan of the original Left 4 Dead, I was looking forward to playing its next game, filled with new infected, new survives and new maps to play as well as new
    features. Aside from the few bugs (and lately playable zombie glitches and unfair favoring by the game during V.S) It is over all my favorite game of all time. Now, there are some things that keep it from being absolutely perfect in my book. The game seems to favor teams ins the V.S match, and the once overpowered Charger has become extremely inaccurate and mostly passes right threw the survives without catching them like it should.

On another note, It pleases me greatly with the PC game's updates. There are now more sayings that the characters like Coach, Ellis, Nick and Roshelle speak out during the game. They have become slightly more vulgar, and a lot more funny in terms of Ellis's random stories with "his buddy Keith" Im delighted to see such an improvement in their voice acting scripts. By far, my favorite saying is Coach's Cotton Candy speech during the Carnival campaign. Sitting on top of the food pyramid, passing judgement on all the lesser foods. Haha, gets me every time!

The game itself is amazing. Its graphics have a good, on the edge of your seat, feel to them. I play almost every night if I can with friends. For PC, people come up with amazing mods for it too! Skins and sounds for both characters and infected, as well as new downloadable maps and weapon skins. One of my favorites is the Pokemon "Gotta Cath'em all" theme song that plays every time the Tank appears in game. The freedom to mod such a good game makes it constantly refreshing. Another one I adore is a skin for the Smoker. This mod turns the Smoker into Slenderman. Always a thrill!

The L4D series should come out with another game, and soon! There are always constant ideas spilling out for new infected. There is always room to improve, even when a game is as good as this one. I'll never stop playing!
  83. Apr 21, 2014
    one of the best cooperative games ever, and it has zombies. Awesome. it uses the same engine as other valve games of course, which has a specific charm that I love even though it is not graphically beautiful. its not a realistic zombie game either, but its not intended to be, its intention is to be a fun destroy all sons of **** kind of game, which succeeds in wonderfully. Valve is known to give great story telling as well, which it doesn't do in this game, but still awesome even though not necessarily a masterpiece Expand
  84. Jun 5, 2014
    One of the most fun games I ever had the enjoyment to play, released just a year or so after the prequel as well. After very extensive playing however (2000+ hours), the game starts to lose It's charm sharply thanks to lacking polish. The network can be VERY sketchy (especially If you try to melee pouncing hunters, etc) and most of the community these days are all premade ultra tryhards searching for public lobbies to bully. Expand
  85. Jun 5, 2014
    A really fun game to play with friends. It really gets my heart racing at some points (especially witches, whoa). It's an exciting game, that isn't hard at all to pick up on, especially with other people. Careful with friendly fire though, I got yelled at a lot for that. The only downside was that I haven't really played it in a while, it's not something I'm always in the mood for.
  86. Jul 19, 2014
    A Fantastic game to play with your friends and with strangers! A bit glitchy here and there but overall Valve Corporation have really shown their capability with L4D2
  87. Sep 20, 2014
    So many achievements and stats achieving things. No auto regenerated health. No aiming down sight,with many bad maneuver mechanics from old Counter-Strike. Above were the disapointing features and that's enough. 成就太多,数据解锁类内容太多。 没自动恢复。 没右键瞄准视角,老CS的过时操作方式出现了不少。 以上这些就是令人失望的地方,足够给差评了。
  88. Oct 11, 2010
    This is more of an extended update to the original, if you really loved the first there are very few excuses for you not to get this one. Steam offers this game at a discount multiple times a year, definitely should watch for that if you still don't own it.
  89. Jul 3, 2011
    I enjoyed the mayhem and personalities of LFD2, but the simplistic shooting system and the somewhat short campaign leaves my money spent questionable. 30 bucks for this game isn't really worth the time or money unfortunately. Liked the game, just not worth it for the price.
  90. Jul 22, 2011
    I haven't played L4D1, so i don't have anything else to compare it to, (other than perhaps Killing Floor). I thought of giving it a 6, but then i guess it's still a *good quality* game, just that the gameplay didn't suck me in at all. I guess i'm not a fan of a thousand no-AI-whatsoever npc's running at me, it kind of makes each individual kill meaningless, and there is no river of blood to make it at least visually bad-ass. And it's very linear too: after finishing a campaign once, i had no desire to replay it, having to go through exactly the same path again. I did like the vs. scavenge mode though, i think this one aspect of the whole game is what really stood out. Having to be the zombies who die faster than the waiting time between respawns, it was the first time i ever reaaallly had to strategize in an fps. To finalize, if i were to give this game a price, i'd say it's worth about $5-$10 (depending on who you are. To me it would have been worth $5, but definitely not $35, or however much i actually paid for it.) Expand
  91. Oct 31, 2011
    Let's get one thing straight. L4D2 is not a mere expansion pack. It's not Left 4 Dead 1.5, but Left 4 Dead 2.0 as the title suggests. There's twice as many guns, melee weapons can be used as secondary, new equipment and grenades, new enemies, more campaigns which last longer, new characters who join originals and new maps as well as new game modes. There's Realism, scavenge and more maps for survival. It's a new game alright- a great continuation from Left 4 Dead. So why do I only give it 7/10? Simply put, the game's appeal doesn't last too long. No matter how much you add to it, killing zombies gets boring very quickly. The achievements, as usual with Valve games, are creative but pointless. Zombies in CoD are way more addicting even without achievements. If you liked Left 4 Dead, this is definitely worth gettiing. But despite the AI director in both games, it's just not addicting. I suppose in CoD Zombies it's addicting to beat your best. Here, in survival mode, it just doesn't grip me at all. Maybe it's the gameplay mechanics, maybe it's that in CoD you get 2 types of zombie. Issues still exist with the AI though. They'll try to heal you when you don't need it, for example, in the middle of a horde. Their only use is as a storage for all the pills and healthpacks you didn't pick up. Generally, Valve's shooter doesn't feel like a 2009/10 release due to the Counter-strike gameplay. With their games, it's much more about the concept rather than the intricate details. Overall, the game is a complete package, since you get survival, co-op, single-player, and competitive multiplayer where you play as the zombies as well. It's a good game, but still not one I'd want to play for a long time. Expand
  92. Jan 14, 2012
    All I can say, is that this game is a **** awesome sequel to Left 4 Dead, ticked all my boxes, nothing negative comes to mind. Awesome! The gameplay is awesome in multiplayer, had tones of fun, t
  93. Apr 6, 2012
    With 3 of your friends, co-op is an amazing way to spend few hours or an entire weekend. Hectic pace, great arenas, great bosses, requires ton of team play to come out of each section alive.
    By yourself, co-op portion is nearly not as fun and multiplayer... there are a lot of better choices out there.
  94. Jul 21, 2012
    This game could be better. It has a lot of nice new concepts, but a lot of it is also recycled from Left 4 Dead. I like it, but it's not really worth getting at full price.
  95. Aug 9, 2012
    Left 4 Dead 2 is a game that should be looked at entirely separately from its predecessor. Yes, it was released one year after the first one, yes it is the same game mechanics but with different characters/areas. Those however, are what makes it a new game. Many people thought they should have released dlc for the original and been done with it, but if you look at both games, you can tell the first one was more of a dry-run at the franchise, a polished beta, if you will. It tried new ideas while doing them well. L4D2 is released, and you can see what they were trying to do all along. They succeeded in creating a very nice experience for friends to play and it provides a huge amount of options and game modes to go back to. It runs on Source, which speaks for itself in terms of performance. The lack of content is what held this game back. If it knew it was only going to be a game comprised of multiple short campaigns, it should have prepared for the desire of the consumer for more, by adding at least 5 more original campaigns. Expand
  96. Dec 17, 2012
    A direct upgrade from the original with a wider and more varied arsenal (including melee weapons), more multiplayer modes, and more zombie types. After releasing this and the original back to back two years in a row the gameplay is starting to get boring and although the maps are a lot better you're still just shooting, juking and exploding zombies. Versus mode is better with the new Infected additions but I always found this mode really rage inducing because of the level's pickup randomization. New multiplayer modes are creative and there are mutators but the base gameplay has been done before and I didn't feel compelled to get into them. There's pretty much no reason to buy the original now that this is out especially when you consider they ported the original campaign to the sequel. Once again, the online community is horrible and if you want to play this you will want a group of friends. Expand
  97. Mar 29, 2013
    When you experienced the first game, some of the atmosphere in the second game doesn't feel as strong. However, this game makes up for that with the new weapons, features, infected and characters. At first, I was very angry at Valve for suddenly working on this game while the first one was still unpolished, but my disposition changed when I finally played this game and experienced the updates along with it. It's good every once in a while, but gets repetitive sometimes even with the game altering "Director" thrown in. Versus Mode can be extremely fun when your team isn't stupid and the hit detection doesn't screw you over, but I find that more or less unbalanced and just stick with the normal co-op. Expand
  98. May 18, 2013
    Best played on PC, this game offers a well team played combat scenario in a apocalyptic world. You will have to scavenge, work together and communicate in order to survive the hordes of zombies that come at you. It's combat is actually surprisingly something new even if it is practically the same thing as the first L4D. There are different campaigns but over time they start to feel a bit boring as your completing your challenge to survive. There is no real story to this other than to survive and get to checkpoint to checkpoint. Though playing with friends is a lot of fun as you work together and install mods that enhance your experience makes the game even better. This may not be a good game for everyone but, it's worth the try. Expand
  99. Sep 5, 2013
    It's a fun game with friends that can draw you in for hours on end, but in the end I felt a little disappointed with Left 4 Dead 2. It felt like something that had been rushed out and lacked the polish of Valve's other titles.

L4D2 delivers multiple improvements over its predecessor, and I get to keep all my fingers and toes.
    It remains one of the most distinctive co-operative titles out there, and allows for some of the most nerve-searing team-based multiplayer gaming on the market.
  3. Whereas once we treated Left 4 Dead as a stopgap between Half-Lifes, this is no longer a weird little side project with modest expectations, and Valve is confident enough to play around with it, safe in the knowledge that you can trust your players. Left 4 Dead proved it. And whereas that game had a personality, this one is overflowing with it.