Left 4 Dead 2 PC

8.5

1. Oct 8, 2011
    Wow, never played a funner co-op game, completely honest. Not only blowing off heads like in the first one, but it has added melee to whack heads off. It's not scary, just intense, and it's a game I don't think anyone will ever forget.
  2. Jun 26, 2012
    I'm not a pessimist, but when after buying Left 4 Dead 2 on Steam, I was a little unsure of how it would be. The first aspect that worried me was the change in overall theme from a grounded city setting to a more diverse, but campy deep south America. Once I bought it however, I can safely say that L4D2 is still as fun as ever. So what has changed you ask? Quite a lot has been changed: theI'm not a pessimist, but when after buying Left 4 Dead 2 on Steam, I was a little unsure of how it would be. The first aspect that worried me was the change in overall theme from a grounded city setting to a more diverse, but campy deep south America. Once I bought it however, I can safely say that L4D2 is still as fun as ever. So what has changed you ask? Quite a lot has been changed: the visuals and sound are improved; you can now use melee weapons; there are more guns; there's a better sense of progression and of course, more gore. This is probably the goriest game I have ever played; if it were a normal shooter about shooting soldiers instead of zombies then I might have felt a bit guilty. There is a problem I have with L4D2 though: teaming up with friends on-line and ploughing your way through hordes of slavering zombies may be entertaining, but it's also repetitive and quickly becomes quite tedious to play. The campy setting also seems to have taken away some of the emotional impact from the game. Overall, even though this is probably Valve's weakest game I've played, it still stands tall and proud over most of the junk which the game industry churns out and as a co-op experience, I thoroughly recommend it. Expand
  3. Nov 12, 2011
    great 7.1 surround sound support, Great stereoscopic 3D support, great multilayer experience. It isn't anything different than the first but it is still just as fun. need I say more?
  4. Nov 30, 2011
    What is it, 2 years - 3 after the game came out, and people are still complaining about it? I was part of the little protest not to release l4d2 because it really was the same thing - but valve definitely keeps it updated, fresh and new. They also added new left 4 dead 1 maps into L4D2, so you've really got alot more maps to play on, there's tons of free updates and patches and really,What is it, 2 years - 3 after the game came out, and people are still complaining about it? I was part of the little protest not to release l4d2 because it really was the same thing - but valve definitely keeps it updated, fresh and new. They also added new left 4 dead 1 maps into L4D2, so you've really got alot more maps to play on, there's tons of free updates and patches and really, it's load of fun. 9/10 - the game is not perfect, but it is worth your money if you like zombie games. Expand
  5. Nov 29, 2011
    Left 4 dead 2 tries to expand on the original, and kinda does its job. While l4d2 is a good game, there are certain things keeping it from being a great game. Dynamic routes that were supposed to be in versus multiplayer were removed, dynamic weather was removed, when the game was released there was a crash to desktop issue, valve has not supported l4d2 with fixes for bugs, glitches andLeft 4 dead 2 tries to expand on the original, and kinda does its job. While l4d2 is a good game, there are certain things keeping it from being a great game. Dynamic routes that were supposed to be in versus multiplayer were removed, dynamic weather was removed, when the game was released there was a crash to desktop issue, valve has not supported l4d2 with fixes for bugs, glitches and exploits. 2 years after being released, some of the glitches that were in the game in day one are still there. Valve has also ignored the l4d2 community in our request on ways to improve l4d2. Some of the maps have too many health kits, and valve refuses to remove the kits. While l4d2 could have been a great game, the glitches take away from the overall experience. Expand
  6. Dec 13, 2011
    This game has more disappointments than improvements from Left4Dead. If you don't have either one, just buy Left4Dead instead. Only a few more Infected were added and a slightly better weapon selection enforced. Everything else; graphics, art, character selection, maps, and craving for zombie death got worse with this sequel. I still play L4d, but I can't find the interest to install L4d2 again.
  7. Dec 21, 2011
    A fun game overall. Boring and dull when playing with bots, but great when playing with friends. Wouldn't mind if there were more campaigns or other content though, as the game is quite short. All the campaigns can be replayed alot however.
  8. Dec 27, 2011
    Didn't get to play it too much, graphic card was too bad to actually try it. From the few hours i did play it, it was pretty fun, i would recommend this game to others.
  9. Jan 8, 2012
    Left 4 dead 2 is a pretty epic game....... Its awesome game for xbox pc and mac i really love that game..............................................
  10. Jan 25, 2012
    At first I was mad because there wasn't enough here that was new and warranting another game. This has since been fixed with updates but lacks the awesome of the first game because of ambiance and AI issues. Instead of the dark horror feel you get a sort of goofy beat zombies to death loony toons feel. The director has had all of its cool points removed for spamming hordes to the pointAt first I was mad because there wasn't enough here that was new and warranting another game. This has since been fixed with updates but lacks the awesome of the first game because of ambiance and AI issues. Instead of the dark horror feel you get a sort of goofy beat zombies to death loony toons feel. The director has had all of its cool points removed for spamming hordes to the point where in some instances you cannot move due to unending, poorly paced hordes. The zombies also got smarter and zig zag about like crack heads as they run, making it harder to aim but taking from the realism. The grey dingy look every zombie has makes them look too bland and you get tired of looking at them. I'd rather they expanded the first one into the horror direction more, but this game is still quite good. Expand
  11. Mar 3, 2012
    For fans of the traditional LAN party, rejoice, for now there is a game built from the ground up for co-op! Just make sure your friends sign a contract to say they'll continue to play this game for the next couple of years or so to get your money's worth! :)
  12. Mar 22, 2012
    Better than first Left 4 Dead but still there is many things bothering. Rage quits are biggest problem in multiplayer and many times game ends before first map is finished. Game also gets pretty hard when players get better. Infected can not let survivors go when someone is coming to rescue them and kill you and Jockeys should have similar skills with Hunter; Bounce damage and skill toBetter than first Left 4 Dead but still there is many things bothering. Rage quits are biggest problem in multiplayer and many times game ends before first map is finished. Game also gets pretty hard when players get better. Infected can not let survivors go when someone is coming to rescue them and kill you and Jockeys should have similar skills with Hunter; Bounce damage and skill to jump from wall to wall. How ever game was very entertaining for several months after it was released and DLC maps were "ok". There is also no sense to buy original Left 4 Dead because all maps are now available in this game. This was one of my favorite games but now I'm waiting something new from Valve. Expand
  13. May 4, 2012
    Three years from launch and this game is still fun to play on the multiplayer. I do hope that they come out with a Left 4 dead 3 and use some dx11 eyecandy as that would make my day.
  14. Jul 1, 2012
    If you can find it at a low price, this game is definitely worth having. I've heard that it's not a huge improvement from the original game, but I've not played it to give a valuable comparison. However, from what I have played of L4D2 I can say it does have a somewhat short campaign, but the DLC that has been released for the game does add new stages to survive through, and nonethelessIf you can find it at a low price, this game is definitely worth having. I've heard that it's not a huge improvement from the original game, but I've not played it to give a valuable comparison. However, from what I have played of L4D2 I can say it does have a somewhat short campaign, but the DLC that has been released for the game does add new stages to survive through, and nonetheless this game has a charm created by the several zombie types and the randomization of how/when and in what quantities they come at you that lets you have a lot of fun with your friends online every time you play.

It's not the type of game that you play non-stop for several weeks or months, at least not for me, but it is the type of game that you can always pick up and play when you're in the mood and you'll be guaranteed a good hour, or two, or four each sitting. Really fun game and a good addition to the Valve library.
  15. Jul 28, 2012
    Absolute wonderful multiplayer and coop experience. If you dont know whats that game is about, google it or try it out, you wont be disappointed.
    The only thing that makes that game as enjoyable as eating a bile of **** is, that the average player you have to play with or against, is a retarded 12 year old, or a 40 year old virgin nerd, who is playing like he invented the aimbot.
    All

All in all, if you play that game with good ppl or ppl that you can call your friends, you will enjoy it nearly like no other coop game.
  16. Aug 6, 2012
    4/5 (Good) Game is good, multiplayer is fun. You want to have fun? Add Zombies. To anything. It works. BUT, the "kinda scripted" nature of the game makes you remember that you are in front of your PC, probably not as dressed up as you should, playing a GAME (and that you are not REALLY a zombie apocalypse hero... sadly.)

Try it, you will have fun.
  17. Aug 15, 2012
    Left 4 Dead 2 is a particularly worthwhile sequel for one with a few new innovations added to the series. Still, at least Valve DID add innovation to the game, like new guns, new zombies, new maps (well, duh), new items. Some people may think that the campaign is short and shallow, but what really pulls me into the game is the replay value. Sure, the chapter's wont last you more than aLeft 4 Dead 2 is a particularly worthwhile sequel for one with a few new innovations added to the series. Still, at least Valve DID add innovation to the game, like new guns, new zombies, new maps (well, duh), new items. Some people may think that the campaign is short and shallow, but what really pulls me into the game is the replay value. Sure, the chapter's wont last you more than a hour, however, each time I play them, the events that will unfold in your quest for survival is unpredictable. You won't ALWAYS get a defib at the very start of some chapter, or a jockey won't always come out from a door. There is always a new way to play the chapter, where all your friends are dead and you have to survive with 15 health with only a shotgun with very little ammo and 1 bottle of pills, or just blaze through with all of your friends blasting through hordes of zombies without braking a sweat or taking a scratch. playing as the zombies is a blast, and I always love the enjoyment of being afraid of those blasted jockeys or those insufferable witches. still, buying for the extra maps is a little bogus (despite that these Maps are free on the PC version), but at least you don't have to pay $15 for one map from Black Ops. Valve sure did put a lot more effort in a sequel like this than other developers would. Expand
  18. 4DI
    Nov 18, 2012
    Heavy on gameplay, light on everything else. L4D2 highly resembles the original. It got repetitive.
  19. Jan 30, 2013
    Left 4 Dead 2 is very entertaining to play as single player or with friends. Gameplay is really easy to learn, just a few button and you can do all basic tasks. Needs more weapons and maps thought, but also has very good range of addons which user can install. Really, only big lack is too few single player modes: need scavenge, versus and survival single player too!
  20. Jul 5, 2013
    This game is great!It doesn't really have a story,mostly just short campaigns.The gameplay is great,the levels are interesting and is a great multiplayer game to play with friends!
  21. Sep 20, 2014
    So many achievements and stats achieving things.
    No auto regenerated health.
    No aiming down sight,with many bad maneuver mechanics from old Counter-Strike. Above were the disapointing features and that's enough. 成就太多,数据解锁类内容太多。 没自动恢复。 没右键瞄准视角,老CS的过时操作方式出现了不少。 以上这些就是令人失望的地方,足够给差评了。
    So many achievements and stats achieving things.
    No auto regenerated health.
    No aiming down sight,with many bad maneuver mechanics from old Counter-Strike.
    Above were the disapointing features and that's enough.
    成就太多,数据解锁类内容太多。
    没自动恢复。
    没右键瞄准视角,老CS的过时操作方式出现了不少。
    以上这些就是令人失望的地方,足够给差评了。
  22. Dec 20, 2015
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  23. Nov 30, 2013
    This is a strong sequel that adds some good new features without changing the fundamentals of the original. There are new items, weapons, characters, weapons, levels and the like as well as new music. The only real problem is that the core experience tends to get quite repetitive as all you're really doing is shooting, shooting and more shooting to get to the safe house or rescue point.This is a strong sequel that adds some good new features without changing the fundamentals of the original. There are new items, weapons, characters, weapons, levels and the like as well as new music. The only real problem is that the core experience tends to get quite repetitive as all you're really doing is shooting, shooting and more shooting to get to the safe house or rescue point. However, the experience is great for the most part and can definitely be a whole lot of fun, especially with friends in co-op. Expand
  24. Jul 14, 2013
    Where to begin...
    Left 4 Dead 2 Is a Co-op zombie shooter like no other.
    It involves elements such as: forcing the player to make a hard choice using the last medical kit on yourself or a teammate, both of you are badly wounded, going back for a player that was downed right when the escape vehicle arrives.). An A.I Director that places the zombies, health items and weapons, Based on
    Where to begin...
    Left 4 Dead 2 Is a Co-op zombie shooter like no other.

An A.I Director that places the zombies, health items and weapons, Based on how the survivors are doing. Last stage felt like cake-walk?
    The A.I Director makes sure items are harder to find and increases the amount of zombies spawned.

Unique zombies called "special infected" are also waiting for you in the shadows.
    Ranging from the long-tongued "Smoker", to the large-armed "Charger", to the hulking mas of muscle known as the "Tank".

The weapons have 2 to 3 tiers of effectiveness, (damage, mix of the two, accuracy) and in the vast weaponry of Left 4 Dead 2.
    You'll be able to find assault rifles, pump and full auto shotguns, sniper rifles, SMGs and even grenade launchers and M60 machine guns! There's also grenade-like weapons such as the molotov.

There's lots more to talk about, like the ability to modifiy your game so that you're holding sliver M1911's instead of a glock and USP45 or playing on an entirely user-made map. But there are some things to find for yourself..

Overall, this game gets a 8 out of 10.
    The game is innovative and full of modifications, but as you play into your 100th hour.
    You can memorize events, event triggers and Tank spawning positions. As well as the shortest route on a stage and where all the weapon and item spawning points are, so that destroys the scavenging aspect. So online Co-op with random players and the random horde events are the only thing you can count on being unexpected.
    These are only my thoughts, try it out for yourself at a friends house or when a steam free weekend event occurs.
  25. Aug 26, 2013
    Valve has never failed to dissapoint me and L4D2 is no exeption. When you get into this game there are alot of options, if you need help deciding which level to pick IMO the best one is blood harvest but there all great. there really isint much of a story in any of the levels, Turn power on Fight horde get in safe house is usally the drill but nobody judges this game by story exept for theValve has never failed to dissapoint me and L4D2 is no exeption. When you get into this game there are alot of options, if you need help deciding which level to pick IMO the best one is blood harvest but there all great. there really isint much of a story in any of the levels, Turn power on Fight horde get in safe house is usally the drill but nobody judges this game by story exept for the death of Bill:(. The gameplay is really fun and i enjoy searching for the best wepons and just sitting in the starting area just testing wepons. If you are new To pc gaming like Me L4D2 is a good place to start or any valve game is good.One of the problems well not a problem but the graphics are not very good but i look past that and there isint really anything super new from the first game but almost every thing is improved 8.9 Expand
  26. Nov 15, 2013
    I wouldnt call it as an sequel. Rather an expansion. Because Valve threw all that stuff that was supposed to come into L4D1 to L4D2 thus making it a new game. That made many scratch theyr heads, Why the F did i buy the first game then to begin with? But it had drawbacks. The characters were simply boring. The originals were so different yet they connected perfectly. Campaigns didnt haveI wouldnt call it as an sequel. Rather an expansion. Because Valve threw all that stuff that was supposed to come into L4D1 to L4D2 thus making it a new game. That made many scratch theyr heads, Why the F did i buy the first game then to begin with? But it had drawbacks. The characters were simply boring. The originals were so different yet they connected perfectly. Campaigns didnt have that dark atmosphere that the first game delivered. Sure you got melee weapons which most people swap with the deagle anyway. New infected. And survival was swapped with gathering gas cans. The only plus side is the modding community that sadly swapped from L4D to L4D2 thus creating more campaigns and keeping the game alive. But it was still rushed to make some quick easy bucks... Expand
  27. Oct 31, 2013
    Since this came out a mere year after Left4Dead 1, it angered a lot of the players of the first game, me included.
    I did not want 4 new characters, especially ones as uninteresting as these, I didn't want to plop down another $40 for a sequel when the first was still relatively new and I didn't want it set during the daytime.
    However, if you are able to set all that aside and just look

However, if you are able to set all that aside and just look at the game play, it IS still pretty fun.

Here's what's great:
    - Melee weapons! This should have been in the original and really fill things out.
    - Scripted campaigns. Very foolishly cut from the original game.
    - Ability to restart a particular map without restarting the whole campaign. This alleviates much of the problem of griefers.
    - Uncommon infected. A nice touch that makes each map feel more unique.
    - Mutations. Great way to mix things up
    - Player mods. Some of the player-made maps are even better than the ones in the game.

Here's what sucks
    - High-tech military weapons. This greatly detracts from the mood that these are just 4 random people fighting with whatever was lying around at the time.
    - Jockeys! Are you friggin kidding me? Stupid looking model, stupid special power, stupidly hard to kill.
    - AI. WOW did the AI get dumber! In the first game the bots would at least respond when you got attacked, now they just stand there looking at you half the time.

So is it worth buying? Well from at 2013 perspective after all the player mods and other stuff that has been added I would say YES, although the way this was handled is definitely a black mark on Valve.
    I also hate, hate, hate the jockys! They are silly, their special ability is even sillier and they are silly-hard to kill. It felt like these things were crammed-in just to expand the inventory when
  28. Jan 13, 2014
    A entertaining multiplayer game and a good price on Steam. Very entertaining and provides hours of endless zombie killing fun. Has many different weapons, zombies, and game modes. Definitely worth your time and money!
  29. Apr 19, 2014
    I'm not really the one for blogging, but my professor for one of my college classes asked that I write an Essay review of a video game or movie that I like or dislike. I decided to go with my favorite game, L4D2.

Having been a huge fan of the original Left 4 Dead, I was looking forward to playing its next game, filled with new infected, new survives and new maps to play as well as new features. Aside from the few bugs (and lately playable zombie glitches and unfair favoring by the game during V.S) It is over all my favorite game of all time. Now, there are some things that keep it from being absolutely perfect in my book. The game seems to favor teams ins the V.S match, and the once overpowered Charger has become extremely inaccurate and mostly passes right threw the survives without catching them like it should.

On another note, It pleases me greatly with the PC game's updates. There are now more sayings that the characters like Coach, Ellis, Nick and Roshelle speak out during the game. They have become slightly more vulgar, and a lot more funny in terms of Ellis's random stories with "his buddy Keith" Im delighted to see such an improvement in their voice acting scripts. By far, my favorite saying is Coach's Cotton Candy speech during the Carnival campaign. Sitting on top of the food pyramid, passing judgement on all the lesser foods. Haha, gets me every time!

The game itself is amazing. Its graphics have a good, on the edge of your seat, feel to them. I play almost every night if I can with friends. For PC, people come up with amazing mods for it too! Skins and sounds for both characters and infected, as well as new downloadable maps and weapon skins. One of my favorites is the Pokemon "Gotta Cath'em all" theme song that plays every time the Tank appears in game. The freedom to mod such a good game makes it constantly refreshing. Another one I adore is a skin for the Smoker. This mod turns the Smoker into Slenderman. Always a thrill!

The L4D series should come out with another game, and soon! There are always constant ideas spilling out for new infected. There is always room to improve, even when a game is as good as this one. I'll never stop playing!
  30. Apr 21, 2014
    one of the best cooperative games ever, and it has zombies. Awesome. it uses the same engine as other valve games of course, which has a specific charm that I love even though it is not graphically beautiful. its not a realistic zombie game either, but its not intended to be, its intention is to be a fun destroy all sons of **** kind of game, which succeeds in wonderfully. Valve is knownone of the best cooperative games ever, and it has zombies. Awesome. it uses the same engine as other valve games of course, which has a specific charm that I love even though it is not graphically beautiful. its not a realistic zombie game either, but its not intended to be, its intention is to be a fun destroy all sons of **** kind of game, which succeeds in wonderfully. Valve is known to give great story telling as well, which it doesn't do in this game, but still awesome even though not necessarily a masterpiece Expand
  31. Jun 5, 2014
    One of the most fun games I ever had the enjoyment to play, released just a year or so after the prequel as well. After very extensive playing however (2000+ hours), the game starts to lose It's charm sharply thanks to lacking polish. The network can be VERY sketchy (especially If you try to melee pouncing hunters, etc) and most of the community these days are all premade ultra tryhardsOne of the most fun games I ever had the enjoyment to play, released just a year or so after the prequel as well. After very extensive playing however (2000+ hours), the game starts to lose It's charm sharply thanks to lacking polish. The network can be VERY sketchy (especially If you try to melee pouncing hunters, etc) and most of the community these days are all premade ultra tryhards searching for public lobbies to bully. Expand
  32. Jun 5, 2014
    A really fun game to play with friends. It really gets my heart racing at some points (especially witches, whoa). It's an exciting game, that isn't hard at all to pick up on, especially with other people. Careful with friendly fire though, I got yelled at a lot for that. The only downside was that I haven't really played it in a while, it's not something I'm always in the mood for.
  33. Jun 24, 2015
    A Fantastic game to play with your friends and with strangers! A bit glitchy here and there but overall Valve Corporation have really shown their capability with L4D2
  34. Jan 12, 2015
    Brilliant fun to be had here, playing co-op or versus multiplayer. Zombie slaying at it's best. Work together as a team through the multitude of hour-long campaigns. One of those games you can simply drop in and play for an hour of frantic fun. It is somewhat similar to Killing Floor, except it has more game modes, better campaigns and is generally more fun.

It also includes Steam

It also includes Steam Workshop support and has a wide variety of stuff available to spice up the game.

Jimbo Rating: 8/10
  35. Dec 16, 2014
    The Game is really cool and I play it a lot, but it could have been better, because it's to similar to Left 4 Dead and I know its a Sequel but they could have added more stuff
  36. Oct 24, 2015
    I hate zombies, really hate zombies, but for this game, I had to miss because it is one of the most successful co-op games ever been .Only problem of the game is that you need to have at least two friends who also have a game ,otherwise it's not that.
    Especially if your friend lying on the ground and screaming, "What the **** are you doing ?!"
  37. Oct 24, 2015
    This game is really fun, really enjoyable and something I could play often. Just... the story isn't that much changed as for the first one. Just new characters. I happy we meet the old characters of course!

I like it, like the small story change, like the different things added and... yeah. Great game when you come to it.
  38. Nov 2, 2015
    Left 4 Dead 2 is definitely a great follow-up for its predecessor; with new infected, new maps, new characters, and others. But just like the first title of its series, the graphics and the atmosphere of the game should've been more darker and creepier, like any post-apocalyptic environments that we can imagine. Besides from that, I find no new notable game play elements either
  39. May 15, 2016
    Very good game about Zombie . Left 4 Dead 2 has got very good multiplayer , awesome graphics for 2009 and in this game very many blood and zombies . This game is too severe . In this game can treat friends in multiplayer . This game is very interesting and funny despite the fact that the cruel . 8/10 . Very good zombie game . Very Much better than Dead Island and a little bit worse thanVery good game about Zombie . Left 4 Dead 2 has got very good multiplayer , awesome graphics for 2009 and in this game very many blood and zombies . This game is too severe . In this game can treat friends in multiplayer . This game is very interesting and funny despite the fact that the cruel . 8/10 . Very good zombie game . Very Much better than Dead Island and a little bit worse than Dying Light . Expand
  40. Jun 22, 2016
    2/13/2012: If you don't have this game already, then allow me to smack you upside the head for not buying one of the greatest cooperative games ever made. As I can personally attest, there is no faster way to make friends then to survive a zombie apocalypse together. It's probably a good way to meet chicks, besides. As per their style, Valve delivers a teasing emergent narrative that2/13/2012: If you don't have this game already, then allow me to smack you upside the head for not buying one of the greatest cooperative games ever made. As I can personally attest, there is no faster way to make friends then to survive a zombie apocalypse together. It's probably a good way to meet chicks, besides. As per their style, Valve delivers a teasing emergent narrative that encourages the players to tell their own story, while putting the tools in their hands to seriously ♥♥♥♥ up whatever is standing between them and their goal. When I first played L4D2, coming off of the first game, I was immediately kicked in the ♥♥♥ for thinking it was going to be the same game. The new special infected, more aggressive common infected, gauntlet crescendo events and other elements meant that this game was a whole hell of a lot harder. And in the end, it ending up being better, too. Now we've got new (and old) campaigns, new gametypes, and new stories to tell every time you play. Expand
  41. KristjanO
    Feb 15, 2010
    Whoever starts telling me i don't know how to play the game etc. Sorry i do , played L4D from the release competitive style. Anyway ... This game lacks the feeling for the original , while the extra content , new maps and everything are good , it wasn't worth the price of a full title. Valve promised almost everything in L4D2 that they will add it to L4D1 , but no , they made a Whoever starts telling me i don't know how to play the game etc. Sorry i do , played L4D from the release competitive style. Anyway ... This game lacks the feeling for the original , while the extra content , new maps and everything are good , it wasn't worth the price of a full title. Valve promised almost everything in L4D2 that they will add it to L4D1 , but no , they made a new game to make money ... The new characters feel lifeless and you don't want to play them except for Ellis , Nick and maybe even coach. The special infected addons are nice , but they couldev have added them to the first! Spitter and Jockey wouldev suited the first game very nicely , but the Charger ... This is a noobs toy. Would you start for example .. Hard rain? Pick up your stuff before the Diner , all of a sudden charged into instant death. Instant death spot at the beginning of the campaign... FAIL. Same goes to Dead Center and The Parish. Don't start saying these can be avoided , ofcourse they can be , but if this was your VERY FIRST impression , what would you think? Charger = Waste and for noobs. Anyway to sum this all up , if i play Left 4 Dead , i enjoy it , since its way harder to kill survivors with only 2 hunters , 1 smoker and a boomer or 3 hunters and a smoker or 4 hunters , instead of the lame ammount of Instant death or near death spots in the 2nd game. Playing Left 4 Dead 2 frustrates me unlike no tomorrow .. until i finally decided to Uninstall that piece of crap. Only reason this is getting 7 points , is the new content. Expand
  42. pipelinecache
    Apr 2, 2010
    I did play L4D1 quite alot and I must say the sequel is (almost) exactly the same. Sure, it's got new characters, different elite mobs and there are some more weapons to go berserk with. But it's really an extension of the original, nothing more. The game still suffers badly from connection problems, which is quite a downer for an online game. It's an "okay" game ... but I did play L4D1 quite alot and I must say the sequel is (almost) exactly the same. Sure, it's got new characters, different elite mobs and there are some more weapons to go berserk with. But it's really an extension of the original, nothing more. The game still suffers badly from connection problems, which is quite a downer for an online game. It's an "okay" game ... but nothing fancy. Expand
  43. JC
    Jan 5, 2010
    The user reviews on this game are wholly two sided. Either the game is amazing, or the game really blows and is no more then an expansion. Why I gave this game a 7 is easy, this game is a massive improvement on L4D1, but Valve's pricing scheme on this game 49.99 is wayy too expensive for a game whose gameplay is fundamentally the same as a game they made in the past. I am actually The user reviews on this game are wholly two sided. Either the game is amazing, or the game really blows and is no more then an expansion. Why I gave this game a 7 is easy, this game is a massive improvement on L4D1, but Valve's pricing scheme on this game 49.99 is wayy too expensive for a game whose gameplay is fundamentally the same as a game they made in the past. I am actually saddened that Valve turned to such questionable practices in pricing the game. However, onto the game itself. The graphics update is great, the ability to blow off limbs, heads, cut zombies in two, burn their flesh off is a great improvement for those who wanted to see more realism. The melee weapons are Overpowered however. No human can so cleanly slice through zombies in the way these weapons do. ANd by cleanly I mean ho0w a baseball bat shatters a skull and explodes a head in one hit, or ow the machete goes through the torso so well. This also negates the use of shotguns if you dont mind taking a little extra damage. ANd the actual laugh out loud part of this is that a pistol/shotgun combo IMO is more effective then a Melee/Main weapon simply because as long as you co-ordinate and protect your teammates, most zombies can be brought down with gunfire before the need of a melee weapon. Also there are too many automatics stewn accross maps. This makes the infected side in Versus 100% harder then in L4D1, where Ammo had to be conserved. I think in the week ive played this Ive seen someone run out of ammo on a main gun...once..... withoiut finding a replacement, this game balance is absolutely appauling. The levels they designed could ave been easily made in L4D1 and I am starting to believe that the simple reason for not advancing L4D1 was a need for more revenue. However, do I reccomend this game? Yes, despite the fact its probablyoverpriced, I would have paid about 19.99 had I not been pressured into buying it by my friends. As much as this game is probbaly not worth what you would pay for it now, the quality of the levels are much better then in L4D1, the infected in Versus do much better and the Director has marginally improved. As well, I find the L4D2 Normal mode gameplay (and what you play in Versus) to be much more balanced and fluid then in L4D1, which was quite frankly restrictive. Expand
  44. EricC
    Mar 17, 2010
    First off, let me say that the 8 is calculated by giving the gameplay a solid 9, the graphics 8, and replayability 9. However, the biggest drawback in this game is perhaps the most important thing in multiplayer games, the community. I've seen more ragequitters, more whiners, more assholes who call each other the most shocking things than in any other multiplayer FPS I've ever First off, let me say that the 8 is calculated by giving the gameplay a solid 9, the graphics 8, and replayability 9. However, the biggest drawback in this game is perhaps the most important thing in multiplayer games, the community. I've seen more ragequitters, more whiners, more assholes who call each other the most shocking things than in any other multiplayer FPS I've ever played. This game is not like Counter-Strike, while individual skill play a larger role (don't get me wrong, I love Counter-Strike). This game is all about teamwork. You might be a expert on other FPS's but that doesnt guarantee that you are good in Left 4 Dead 2. The game isn't exactly noob-friendly either as Justblaze already said. What I want to see in this game is more content as well. Yes, there are alot of custom campaigns and maps (more coming all the time) but I can't see anyone playing them in any of the game modes. Bottom line: Buy this game if you intend to play it with friends. It just might be best FPS you can play. But if you play it without any friends, IRL or not, it won't be nearly as fun. Expand
  45. ThatGuy
    Mar 21, 2010
    L4D2 is a fun and different game. The coop feels good and rewarding, but there is something wrong. I don't know what it is, but the first one was better. The first game had a feel to it, it felt more different. I know that this one has more weapons, more special infected and more levels. But the first game was just better. Overall it's a good game, but if you have played the L4D2 is a fun and different game. The coop feels good and rewarding, but there is something wrong. I don't know what it is, but the first one was better. The first game had a feel to it, it felt more different. I know that this one has more weapons, more special infected and more levels. But the first game was just better. Overall it's a good game, but if you have played the first, you may be dissapointed. Expand
  46. Joe
    Nov 22, 2009
    I give this game a 7. I am have played L4D 1 for a total of about 350 hours. L4D2 has several improvements that are quite nice. Nevertheless it mostly does the same mistakes the first one does, lacks the same features and even adds a few more buggy things. If you liked the first one, you will have fun with this one. Actually a lot of people will enjoy this game but there is nothing in the I give this game a 7. I am have played L4D 1 for a total of about 350 hours. L4D2 has several improvements that are quite nice. Nevertheless it mostly does the same mistakes the first one does, lacks the same features and even adds a few more buggy things. If you liked the first one, you will have fun with this one. Actually a lot of people will enjoy this game but there is nothing in the gameplay, graphics, features that would qualify this game as top notch! Quite fun to play not more. If you like games with nice suprising storylines look somewhere else. If you need astonishing graphics... look elsewhere. If you want complex very motivating gameplay... not this game. If you want a brainless fun shooter- buy it! If you want a nice multipayer experience for you and a few friends - very advisable to buy it. Small niche, and the game fills it quite nice. But against all the hype around this game: There is nothing NEW in this game. It is warmed up alphabet soup with some additional numbers. Expand
  47. P.Dude
    Dec 21, 2009
    Ive given it a 7 because it is pretty good remodel of l4d1 even tho in l4d1 i worked out how to get incendiary ammo and some other cool things but we all know valve could have made it better in l4d2.all in all l4d2 is good but not worth £30
  48. MooMan
    Dec 5, 2009
    ALthough this game has some new features, it clearly proves the quote "sequels suck." If you're looking to spend the money to upgrade your l4d, go ahead. New chars are not really that great, too attached to the old ones =). other than that, laser sights are fun to use
  49. ConnorS
    Dec 30, 2009
    First off, I want to point out the bad bits. The AI is the worst I have ever seen, They stand there and let you get shredded. The new Specials are just lazy since they use more or less the same coding as the first one (I.E: Boomer -> Spitter, Hunter -> Jockey) with new skins. Now the good bits. The multiplayer is a blast, VS is better and more refined, and the Director is more desisive. First off, I want to point out the bad bits. The AI is the worst I have ever seen, They stand there and let you get shredded. The new Specials are just lazy since they use more or less the same coding as the first one (I.E: Boomer -> Spitter, Hunter -> Jockey) with new skins. Now the good bits. The multiplayer is a blast, VS is better and more refined, and the Director is more desisive. This game is good for a fun run through a zombie apocolypse with friends. Just, don't play single player too much. Expand
  50. Stivob
    Dec 7, 2009
    Don't get me wrong, the game is great, it would be a 10 if it didn't have to be a sequel to one of the best survival fps of all time. To be honest, I was hoping valve would stay true to their word and immerse you more in the left 4 dead world, they did the opposite it seems, theres more to the original than the second. To the people giving 0's because they live in aus or Don't get me wrong, the game is great, it would be a 10 if it didn't have to be a sequel to one of the best survival fps of all time. To be honest, I was hoping valve would stay true to their word and immerse you more in the left 4 dead world, they did the opposite it seems, theres more to the original than the second. To the people giving 0's because they live in aus or ger...i give YOU a 0. Expand
  51. Oct 11, 2010
    This is more of an extended update to the original, if you really loved the first there are very few excuses for you not to get this one. Steam offers this game at a discount multiple times a year, definitely should watch for that if you still don't own it.
  52. Jul 3, 2011
    I enjoyed the mayhem and personalities of LFD2, but the simplistic shooting system and the somewhat short campaign leaves my money spent questionable. 30 bucks for this game isn't really worth the time or money unfortunately. Liked the game, just not worth it for the price.
  53. Mar 29, 2013
    When you experienced the first game, some of the atmosphere in the second game doesn't feel as strong. However, this game makes up for that with the new weapons, features, infected and characters. At first, I was very angry at Valve for suddenly working on this game while the first one was still unpolished, but my disposition changed when I finally played this game and experienced theWhen you experienced the first game, some of the atmosphere in the second game doesn't feel as strong. However, this game makes up for that with the new weapons, features, infected and characters. At first, I was very angry at Valve for suddenly working on this game while the first one was still unpolished, but my disposition changed when I finally played this game and experienced the updates along with it. It's good every once in a while, but gets repetitive sometimes even with the game altering "Director" thrown in. Versus Mode can be extremely fun when your team isn't stupid and the hit detection doesn't screw you over, but I find that more or less unbalanced and just stick with the normal co-op. Expand
  54. Jul 22, 2011
    I haven't played L4D1, so i don't have anything else to compare it to, (other than perhaps Killing Floor). I thought of giving it a 6, but then i guess it's still a *good quality* game, just that the gameplay didn't suck me in at all. I guess i'm not a fan of a thousand no-AI-whatsoever npc's running at me, it kind of makes each individual kill meaningless, and there is no river of bloodI haven't played L4D1, so i don't have anything else to compare it to, (other than perhaps Killing Floor). I thought of giving it a 6, but then i guess it's still a *good quality* game, just that the gameplay didn't suck me in at all. I guess i'm not a fan of a thousand no-AI-whatsoever npc's running at me, it kind of makes each individual kill meaningless, and there is no river of blood to make it at least visually bad-ass. And it's very linear too: after finishing a campaign once, i had no desire to replay it, having to go through exactly the same path again. I did like the vs. scavenge mode though, i think this one aspect of the whole game is what really stood out. Having to be the zombies who die faster than the waiting time between respawns, it was the first time i ever reaaallly had to strategize in an fps. To finalize, if i were to give this game a price, i'd say it's worth about $5-$10 (depending on who you are. To me it would have been worth $5, but definitely not $35, or however much i actually paid for it.) Expand
  55. Oct 31, 2011
    Let's get one thing straight. L4D2 is not a mere expansion pack. It's not Left 4 Dead 1.5, but Left 4 Dead 2.0 as the title suggests. There's twice as many guns, melee weapons can be used as secondary, new equipment and grenades, new enemies, more campaigns which last longer, new characters who join originals and new maps as well as new game modes. There's Realism, scavenge and more mapsLet's get one thing straight. L4D2 is not a mere expansion pack. It's not Left 4 Dead 1.5, but Left 4 Dead 2.0 as the title suggests. There's twice as many guns, melee weapons can be used as secondary, new equipment and grenades, new enemies, more campaigns which last longer, new characters who join originals and new maps as well as new game modes. There's Realism, scavenge and more maps for survival. It's a new game alright- a great continuation from Left 4 Dead. So why do I only give it 7/10? Simply put, the game's appeal doesn't last too long. No matter how much you add to it, killing zombies gets boring very quickly. The achievements, as usual with Valve games, are creative but pointless. Zombies in CoD are way more addicting even without achievements. If you liked Left 4 Dead, this is definitely worth gettiing. But despite the AI director in both games, it's just not addicting. I suppose in CoD Zombies it's addicting to beat your best. Here, in survival mode, it just doesn't grip me at all. Maybe it's the gameplay mechanics, maybe it's that in CoD you get 2 types of zombie. Issues still exist with the AI though. They'll try to heal you when you don't need it, for example, in the middle of a horde. Their only use is as a storage for all the pills and healthpacks you didn't pick up. Generally, Valve's shooter doesn't feel like a 2009/10 release due to the Counter-strike gameplay. With their games, it's much more about the concept rather than the intricate details. Overall, the game is a complete package, since you get survival, co-op, single-player, and competitive multiplayer where you play as the zombies as well. It's a good game, but still not one I'd want to play for a long time. Expand
  56. Jan 14, 2012
    All I can say, is that this game is a **** awesome sequel to Left 4 Dead, ticked all my boxes, nothing negative comes to mind. Awesome! The gameplay is awesome in multiplayer, had tones of fun, t
  57. Apr 6, 2012
    With 3 of your friends, co-op is an amazing way to spend few hours or an entire weekend. Hectic pace, great arenas, great bosses, requires ton of team play to come out of each section alive.
    By yourself, co-op portion is nearly not as fun and multiplayer... there are a lot of better choices out there.
  58. Jul 21, 2012
    This game could be better. It has a lot of nice new concepts, but a lot of it is also recycled from Left 4 Dead. I like it, but it's not really worth getting at full price.
  59. Aug 9, 2012
    Left 4 Dead 2 is a game that should be looked at entirely separately from its predecessor. Yes, it was released one year after the first one, yes it is the same game mechanics but with different characters/areas. Those however, are what makes it a new game. Many people thought they should have released dlc for the original and been done with it, but if you look at both games, you can tellLeft 4 Dead 2 is a game that should be looked at entirely separately from its predecessor. Yes, it was released one year after the first one, yes it is the same game mechanics but with different characters/areas. Those however, are what makes it a new game. Many people thought they should have released dlc for the original and been done with it, but if you look at both games, you can tell the first one was more of a dry-run at the franchise, a polished beta, if you will. It tried new ideas while doing them well. L4D2 is released, and you can see what they were trying to do all along. They succeeded in creating a very nice experience for friends to play and it provides a huge amount of options and game modes to go back to. It runs on Source, which speaks for itself in terms of performance. The lack of content is what held this game back. If it knew it was only going to be a game comprised of multiple short campaigns, it should have prepared for the desire of the consumer for more, by adding at least 5 more original campaigns. Expand
  60. Dec 17, 2012
    A direct upgrade from the original with a wider and more varied arsenal (including melee weapons), more multiplayer modes, and more zombie types. After releasing this and the original back to back two years in a row the gameplay is starting to get boring and although the maps are a lot better you're still just shooting, juking and exploding zombies. Versus mode is better with the newA direct upgrade from the original with a wider and more varied arsenal (including melee weapons), more multiplayer modes, and more zombie types. After releasing this and the original back to back two years in a row the gameplay is starting to get boring and although the maps are a lot better you're still just shooting, juking and exploding zombies. Versus mode is better with the new Infected additions but I always found this mode really rage inducing because of the level's pickup randomization. New multiplayer modes are creative and there are mutators but the base gameplay has been done before and I didn't feel compelled to get into them. There's pretty much no reason to buy the original now that this is out especially when you consider they ported the original campaign to the sequel. Once again, the online community is horrible and if you want to play this you will want a group of friends. Expand
  61. Nov 23, 2013
    This is a pretty well crafted game, with an optimal amount of fun to be had with the right groups. However my biggest beef has to be that theres a poor balancing system and you often have 1 godly team stomping 1 bad team.

Other than that, single player mode types get boring pretty quickly, but theyre fun while they last,
  62. May 18, 2013
    Best played on PC, this game offers a well team played combat scenario in a apocalyptic world. You will have to scavenge, work together and communicate in order to survive the hordes of zombies that come at you. It's combat is actually surprisingly something new even if it is practically the same thing as the first L4D. There are different campaigns but over time they start to feel a bitBest played on PC, this game offers a well team played combat scenario in a apocalyptic world. You will have to scavenge, work together and communicate in order to survive the hordes of zombies that come at you. It's combat is actually surprisingly something new even if it is practically the same thing as the first L4D. There are different campaigns but over time they start to feel a bit boring as your completing your challenge to survive. There is no real story to this other than to survive and get to checkpoint to checkpoint. Though playing with friends is a lot of fun as you work together and install mods that enhance your experience makes the game even better. This may not be a good game for everyone but, it's worth the try. Expand
  63. Sep 5, 2013
    It's a fun game with friends that can draw you in for hours on end, but in the end I felt a little disappointed with Left 4 Dead 2. It felt like something that had been rushed out and lacked the polish of Valve's other titles.
  64. Jun 28, 2014
    Its nice.
    there's not too much added on from the original, and its a standard zombie-shooter, but the characters are just so...unique and awesome, and the special infected are nice
    Overall its...good.
  65. Oct 23, 2013
    Valve seemed to rush about publishing this title, mentioning that there's not much changes disappointingly. Not much additions have been added, despite some changes on weaponry, characters, special infected and maps. It also manages to feel relatively the same as it's predecessor, meaning that this game would be fantastic as a DLC. But, if you're able to avoid thinking about the lack ofValve seemed to rush about publishing this title, mentioning that there's not much changes disappointingly. Not much additions have been added, despite some changes on weaponry, characters, special infected and maps. It also manages to feel relatively the same as it's predecessor, meaning that this game would be fantastic as a DLC. But, if you're able to avoid thinking about the lack of innovation, you are going to have a blast. But, be sure to bring a friend with you to really achieve the satisfaction of winning a game, because playing alone, while fun, it gets stale.
    The variety of guns is rather huge, and melee weapons are added to this sequel too. There's not much change on guns, but the addition of melee weapons is rewarding. They are fun and satisfying to use.
    Special infected appear in this game, with some more types of them. They are satisfying to kill, and they have their unique abilities for attacking the players. Along with the common zombies, all of them are rewarding to kill.
    Making strategy is the smartest and the best way to survive. It's ultimately unforgettable when you make strategy with your friends, and actually winning the level.
    This game would score an eight, if not of this negative: the lack of level variation.
    Blasting through zombies, while fun at first, it can get monotone doing the same thing every time. Why don't you add an interesting twist on the level, and not doing the same thing every time It's disappointing to see this issue, and I hope they'll fix this in Left 4 Dead 3. Well, if it's going to be out in the first place.
    Left 4 Dead 2, despite having a lack of innovation and level variation, it's brutally entertaining for both casual and hardcore players. (Final Score: 7.67)
  66. Oct 27, 2013
    Doesn't do anything that couldn't have been achieved with a Left 4 Dead Expansion.

Hopefully, Left 4 Dead 3 will actually add something new to the series.
  67. Nov 28, 2013
    7.5/10.
    It's a fun game, not too special.
    Story isn't interesting, and the online is dull after just a few game sessions.
    Graphics are quite nice, the variety of zombies is quite fun, weaponry is nice as well.
    The game is mostly fun to play with a few friends.
    Not a special game, but it is kind of a defining point in zombie gaming.
  68. Mar 8, 2014
    This is great fun to play with the steam workshop and l4dmaps.com mods and would be a 10/10, but without mods the game can get quite repetitive. The only good non-modded level is Dark Carnival.
  69. Jan 10, 2015
    Es una expansión de L4D1, nada mas. Es un juego adictivo, divertido, fácil de conseguir, es un buen juego. Le daría una puntuación mayor si este hubiera sido el primer L4D, pero no lo es.... Es lo que es... DLC, vendido como nueva entrega. Aun así lo recomiendo por que este juego mato a la comunidad de L4D1. Compralo ya, esta en Steam a 15 dolares. Le doy un 07/10, si fuera el primero leEs una expansión de L4D1, nada mas. Es un juego adictivo, divertido, fácil de conseguir, es un buen juego. Le daría una puntuación mayor si este hubiera sido el primer L4D, pero no lo es.... Es lo que es... DLC, vendido como nueva entrega. Aun así lo recomiendo por que este juego mato a la comunidad de L4D1. Compralo ya, esta en Steam a 15 dolares. Le doy un 07/10, si fuera el primero le daría un 08/10 o un 09/10, pero es una versión Plus+DLC de el 1. Expand
  70. Jul 8, 2014
    Super Hra je to boží.Dávám 7 bodu.je to super hra. je tam kampan a hovno ajdjhdhdhdhdhdhhdhdhdhdhdhdhzdhdhdhdhddhhdhdjdfhdjhfudfheudhfdufgzertzrgtzjhnudhfzehr
  71. Jul 14, 2014
    Left 4 Dead 2 raises the bar by adding new features, zombies, weapons, maps and characters. I really love playing the levels with friends and other players. I love the feature: Versus mode but the one thing I really hate about it is that the people who play on versus mode are jerks. They kick you out for either no reason, being a noob, making a mistake, for not playing enough hours. TheLeft 4 Dead 2 raises the bar by adding new features, zombies, weapons, maps and characters. I really love playing the levels with friends and other players. I love the feature: Versus mode but the one thing I really hate about it is that the people who play on versus mode are jerks. They kick you out for either no reason, being a noob, making a mistake, for not playing enough hours. The multiplayer community can be harsh on pc but I heard the xbox 360 players are alot nicer. Expand
  72. Jul 19, 2014
    Left 4 dead 2 est vraiment un jeu pour se défoulé , où le but est de défoncé du zombie a l’état brute avec des potes . En plus grâce au Workshop on peu rajouter du contenu au jeu ce qui n'est pas négligeable pour ce genre de jeu où il n'a pas de réelle scénario . Perso au bout d'un moment je m'en suis un peu ennuie dessus . Mais reste quand un même un bon jeu .
  73. Sep 25, 2014
    An overall fun and entertaining coop game. The levels are well made and the multiplayer modes are decent and the combat is a lot of fun. I wish there were more levels and a little more content though.
  74. May 18, 2015
  75. Nov 15, 2015
    super a game vuhuhuhuhuhuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
  76. StevenP
    Mar 16, 2010
    Left 4 Dead 2 did not live up to the original zombie killing game. Even though Valve went through a lot of trouble adding all the new features, and don't get me wrong, I love the new stuff, but I just love the original better. The new band of survivors do not give you the sense that they are in a zombie apocalypse. In fact, they give you the sense that they love it which kills the Left 4 Dead 2 did not live up to the original zombie killing game. Even though Valve went through a lot of trouble adding all the new features, and don't get me wrong, I love the new stuff, but I just love the original better. The new band of survivors do not give you the sense that they are in a zombie apocalypse. In fact, they give you the sense that they love it which kills the little fear that L4D provides. The hillbilly versions of the original themes are cool and I like them, but L4D's night campaigns will always, in my opinion, be better then the day campaigns in L4D2. Expand
  77. mattg.
    Mar 26, 2010
    IF I were an online/coop kind of player I probably would give this game a 10. BUT, I am not. The story, AI interaction, scenes and general game play are excellent, but for single player action it's over in a hurry and there is absolutely nothing to make you want to come back and go at it again. I am a hugeb RE fan, but this game falls completely flat when it comes to re-playability. IF I were an online/coop kind of player I probably would give this game a 10. BUT, I am not. The story, AI interaction, scenes and general game play are excellent, but for single player action it's over in a hurry and there is absolutely nothing to make you want to come back and go at it again. I am a hugeb RE fan, but this game falls completely flat when it comes to re-playability. Love the characters, love the game itself, but PLEASE make this game on equal par with the single player in mind. (Hint for LFD3). Expand
  78. MaxB
    Apr 25, 2010
    In a rush to get this sequel done, Valve seems to had forgotten that coat of polish, which separates their games from others and makes them great. Lacks the atmosphere and beautiful level design from L4D1. The daylight setting totally throws the idea of lighting cues out the window, which DOES cause people to get lost within the maps. Mostly a meh experience, it's harder than the In a rush to get this sequel done, Valve seems to had forgotten that coat of polish, which separates their games from others and makes them great. Lacks the atmosphere and beautiful level design from L4D1. The daylight setting totally throws the idea of lighting cues out the window, which DOES cause people to get lost within the maps. Mostly a meh experience, it's harder than the first, but in a particularly annoying way, it might just be my computer but I seem to have a few hit detection problems and the zombies like to run around like retarded headless chickens. The most fun I got out of this game was by exploiting all those glitches in the survival maps with some friends. Not much enjoyment beyond that, really. Not worth the 55 bucks for me, but now it's 30 bucks on steam.. Still not worth it. "If you liked L4D1, you'll LOVE LEFT 4 DEAD 2!!1!1!1!1" That's wrong. It's a matter of taste and point of view, really. Expand
  79. Slayer
    Dec 19, 2009
    Good but not great. Pretty cool updates from the first game but it is not quite enough for the fans, valve recently announced that an addon "the passing" will be released soon. However, it is stated that "Pricing will be announced closer to launch." If the new addon will cost more money, it will be another sick joke of Valve. When they released L4D1, they promised to support it like TF2, Good but not great. Pretty cool updates from the first game but it is not quite enough for the fans, valve recently announced that an addon "the passing" will be released soon. However, it is stated that "Pricing will be announced closer to launch." If the new addon will cost more money, it will be another sick joke of Valve. When they released L4D1, they promised to support it like TF2, but end up making a full priced game. What were Valve thinking? Expand
  80. BrettL
    Dec 7, 2009
    This game had some huge potential to be bigger than the original L4D, however, when I played the game, major show stopper bugs reared their heads quickly, and frequently. The most glaring problem involves the Charger's charge ability, which has the potential to cause Survivors to be unable to move. This is a game breaker bug, since a player getting bugged in that manner has no real This game had some huge potential to be bigger than the original L4D, however, when I played the game, major show stopper bugs reared their heads quickly, and frequently. The most glaring problem involves the Charger's charge ability, which has the potential to cause Survivors to be unable to move. This is a game breaker bug, since a player getting bugged in that manner has no real alternative except to leave the game. Maybe if VALVe fixes the major issues with the game, it might be worthy of a higher score. Expand
  81. ColtonI
    Nov 26, 2009
    I left off rating this thing for a week, and I'm glad that I did. At first glance this game is everything L4D1 was and more. My first single-player run though was a blast and I spent 10-15 hours running the campaigns the first time exploring everything. Jump to a week later and I can't barely work up the interest to play this game anymore. There are so many buggy problems with I left off rating this thing for a week, and I'm glad that I did. At first glance this game is everything L4D1 was and more. My first single-player run though was a blast and I spent 10-15 hours running the campaigns the first time exploring everything. Jump to a week later and I can't barely work up the interest to play this game anymore. There are so many buggy problems with it that I don't even want to try. I bought the first L4D when it was on sale for $20 and it was generally worth it, but I paid $50 straight up for L4D2 and now I regret it completely. Bugs and errors include: Getting stuck in scenery with no way out but to die or restart if certain special infected attack you; AI players that can reach through walls to get at special ammo and weapons, which you can't get to; Invisible scenery items that block your progress and the only option for you is to "turn up your graphics settings"; Horrible bot AI that refuses to pick up medi-packs or new weapons and generally takes about 45 seconds to rescue you. (and I know what you're saying, "just play online with other people" but you have to take into account that people "rage quit", loose connection or drop game and you're left with these crappy AI bots) The campaigns go from dusk till' dawn but having it be daytime ruins the "scary jumps" that I loved so much about the first game. It seems that Valve listened too much to their play-testers and generally ruined the game catering to whiners. Someone must have told them "It's too dark" and "it's confusing" and "the AI does everything for you" and so on and so on. All Valve created was a game that is twice is big and half as fun. Somebodies mommy complained and now the magic is gone. In two months or less this will sit on your shelf untouched, I guarantee it. Expand
  82. Jan 29, 2011
    If you're into hectic precision-gore-fests, then this game's Realism Expert mode is for you. Other modes are pretty much jokes for the kids, as they provide all sorts of visual aid. The fluency, reflexes, teamwork and some planning is what makes this game shine. The level designs, special infected and overall tone should have been darker, though, but it's still fun to obliterate suchIf you're into hectic precision-gore-fests, then this game's Realism Expert mode is for you. Other modes are pretty much jokes for the kids, as they provide all sorts of visual aid. The fluency, reflexes, teamwork and some planning is what makes this game shine. The level designs, special infected and overall tone should have been darker, though, but it's still fun to obliterate such amounts of meat. Having said that, they should make the fleshy gore more realistic. Sometimes zombies keep running even if the crucial posture-muscles seem to have been destroyed and they should be falling over. Some more variety in the zombies is necessary. Variety in how they transport, too. Why they never crawl? And other issues, as it badly needs a darker tone. The fluency of movements sometimes doesn't make sense when the zombies don't seem to have any inertia (why?) and they seem to be stopping you by touch (is that even possible?). So these are the main gripes. Expand
  83. Nov 7, 2010
    The game can be very entertaining, especially when playing with friends. If you like just spraying zombies down it can keep you entertained for a long time, but for me it simply lacked the competitive touch. Even versus games just seem more like PvE than PvP. If there wasn't any prequel to it, I would have given it a 8. But what really pissed me off is that valve makes us pay for an otherThe game can be very entertaining, especially when playing with friends. If you like just spraying zombies down it can keep you entertained for a long time, but for me it simply lacked the competitive touch. Even versus games just seem more like PvE than PvP. If there wasn't any prequel to it, I would have given it a 8. But what really pissed me off is that valve makes us pay for an other game, which hasn't really changed that much. All the new content in L4D2 should have just been released in a content update, now that I own both I would naturally prefer playing L4D2. But if I had known there wouldn't be more to it, I wouldn't have bothered getting it Expand
  84. May 14, 2011
    This is an amazing game. Valve has put a lot of effort into balancing the game and improving its graphics, and it makes for an enjoyable multiplayer experience with friends. However, the game has quite a few fundamental flaws. The versus games often end very early due to a whole team ragequitting. This makes it very difficult to actually play an enjoyable game. The single player mode isThis is an amazing game. Valve has put a lot of effort into balancing the game and improving its graphics, and it makes for an enjoyable multiplayer experience with friends. However, the game has quite a few fundamental flaws. The versus games often end very early due to a whole team ragequitting. This makes it very difficult to actually play an enjoyable game. The single player mode is unplayable, there is no way to work with a team of bots. The ability to restart a chapter or return to a lobby is often abused by teams when they first lose. A game can be lost because a single player will not cooperate, and either rushes or uses his own strategy.There are many greifers. Though many of these issues are beyond valve's control, they severely detract from the experience of the game. I do not recommend you buy this game unless you have at least one or two friends who will play it with you to avoid these issues with the multiplayer game. Expand
  85. Dec 14, 2012
    Im not saying this game is bad, but its too similiar to original l4d. They added like 20 new things and most of them are useless melee weapon etc. From a steam sale its worth buying but wouldnt have paid full prize back then when the game was released.
  86. Oct 29, 2013
    This is by no means a terrible game, however, it is incredibly overrated. The shooting mechanics are pretty sub-par and the inability to aim down your site is a tad disappointing. The overall pace of the game is nice and fast pace, as a zombie survival game should be. The characters in my honest opinion are terrible, and completely unrelateable (except for Coach... i like coach). AThis is by no means a terrible game, however, it is incredibly overrated. The shooting mechanics are pretty sub-par and the inability to aim down your site is a tad disappointing. The overall pace of the game is nice and fast pace, as a zombie survival game should be. The characters in my honest opinion are terrible, and completely unrelateable (except for Coach... i like coach). A very strong "fun but overhyped" feeling. Expand
  87. Jul 30, 2013
    Before I start, I would just like to say this is not a bad game, however it is an incredibly overrated game. I have played this game extensively- especially with friends. Despite this it is not deserving of a 8 or even 7 out of 10.
    First off; all the zombies feel like cardboard, all weapons rip them to pieces with little or no effort, there is little difference from the first Left 4 dead, the physics doesn't quite feel right- as if the earth's gravitational field strength has decreased since the zombie outbreak. This game would never be good without friends, no seriously lone wolves barely touch the game.
    The main reason distinguishing this from a 5/10 is the fact that it has an extensive modding scene- the only thing that keeps the game going...
  88. Apr 10, 2015
    All I can say, is Left for Dead 2 is a very good Zombie Shooter, but the best thing is the mod Deathcraft were everything is so awesome. But the first game was more interesting.
  89. Sep 21, 2015
    It's a good game, while it lasts. And the modding community is quite healthy, always adding new skins for weapons, infected, items, But the game is too repetitive for me. Literally, every game is "Run down this corridor and shoot at zombies until you get to the safe room" I completed all the single player stuff, tried some community made maps, Had a really terrible experience with a**holesIt's a good game, while it lasts. And the modding community is quite healthy, always adding new skins for weapons, infected, items, But the game is too repetitive for me. Literally, every game is "Run down this corridor and shoot at zombies until you get to the safe room" I completed all the single player stuff, tried some community made maps, Had a really terrible experience with a**holes online who teamkilled everyone when they got the chance, then got really bored and I never played it again. It now sits in my Steam library, gathering dust. Expand
  90. Onslaught
    Jan 30, 2010
    This game only gets a "fair" or "median" because of: No radar. Come on, why no radar? Is this supposed to add to the cliche horror shooter left 4 dead is supposed to be? Radars in team-based games are crucial and any one title without it just is... stupid. NO real distinguishable features for "special" infected. ONLY when they're leagues away from your location will they be This game only gets a "fair" or "median" because of: No radar. Come on, why no radar? Is this supposed to add to the cliche horror shooter left 4 dead is supposed to be? Radars in team-based games are crucial and any one title without it just is... stupid. NO real distinguishable features for "special" infected. ONLY when they're leagues away from your location will they be highlighted. Better yet, why not just highlight your TEAMMATES at all times? Why not show pointers on the screen (left, right side maybe?) to where your teammates are or where they're going? The Sound emulation for L4D2 is sub-par at best. For a $50 game I'd expect to rely on my headphones to tell me where the sounds are coming from (CS;S, predecessor of L4D with its useless radio commands, mouse-wheel change functionality has better sound emulation than this supposedly block-buster title). Retarded game modes, friendly fire that scales up with difficulty levels? All it takes is a dumb or punk teammate to kill you or severely wound you to ruin your game. Water. The water in this game feels like tar. Your movement speed is severely hampered by even water that goes as high as your ankles. Invisible AoEs on all effects (acid, fire), making them larger than they appear on-screen. Awful damage output on guns. Melee weapons are one-hit kills for 90% of the infected throughout the game. Why can't guns be a bit more powerful or melee weapons scaled down? The chainsaw, however, has a fuel gauge and runs out of gas quickly after excessive use. Some good points with this game does include the fact it has friendly fire to make it more realistic. Valve DOES support their active titles frequently and bugs do get fixed sooner rather than later versus some other games. Assorted weapons? Though most of them pump out the same damage a few different decals are nice? This game has been overinflated by hype and anticipation, period. I wouldn't have purchased this title myself (this game was given to me as a gift). My expectations of this game were a lot higher than most other fanboys would have. The graphics aren't much of an improvement over the first and most importantly the gameplay hasn't changed a single bit. This game definitely should've been marketed, and charged as a DLC, not an official standalone game. I would NOT recommend this game to someone who hasn't played any zombie-shooting game in the past. Frankly, Counter-Strike: Source is only $10 US through steam store and BORDERLANDS offers much more fun gameplay at the same price bracket as L4D2 only seems to last about 2 weeks top and dulls out real fast. Expand
  91. MoizR
    Dec 20, 2009
    Story and background seems a definite downgrade from the last game, especially the characters. I really hate the hill-billy setting. No great improvement in graphics and AI is complete shit. It completely kills the game if you're playing a really fun match and someone quits and a douchebag AI replaces him. Game is completely overpriced, its NOT worth more than what you can get from Story and background seems a definite downgrade from the last game, especially the characters. I really hate the hill-billy setting. No great improvement in graphics and AI is complete shit. It completely kills the game if you're playing a really fun match and someone quits and a douchebag AI replaces him. Game is completely overpriced, its NOT worth more than what you can get from similarly priced games. Expand
  92. JarydF
    Dec 4, 2009
    If you have not played L4D then L4D2 is a version with more stuff. I am starting to think that the gameplay model is flawed.
  93. MartyB
    Dec 5, 2009
    An average game from an average franchise, for casual players only. If you have a few minutes to spare, jump online and play through a map, otherwise, if you're interested in tactical zombie killing, Killing Floor is a more suitable option. No character growth makes Marty a sad player. Melee weapons overpowered, and the new special infected are silly - Jockey? Give me a break. Leave An average game from an average franchise, for casual players only. If you have a few minutes to spare, jump online and play through a map, otherwise, if you're interested in tactical zombie killing, Killing Floor is a more suitable option. No character growth makes Marty a sad player. Melee weapons overpowered, and the new special infected are silly - Jockey? Give me a break. Leave this to the children who need a crosshair. Booya! I went there. Expand
  94. PercyP
    Jan 23, 2010
    I've played this game from start to finish, both offline and online and I must say, I'm quite disappointed. Why not give it a lower score, you say? Because it still rates quite highly as a mod for the original game. Not enough content to justify a new game, and this renders the original game obsolete now, which is a slap in the face for those people who bought the original and I've played this game from start to finish, both offline and online and I must say, I'm quite disappointed. Why not give it a lower score, you say? Because it still rates quite highly as a mod for the original game. Not enough content to justify a new game, and this renders the original game obsolete now, which is a slap in the face for those people who bought the original and expected it to be updated frequently... It's certainly not a worthless game, as it's great to pick up and have a blast for a few minutes every week, but it's not deserving of any accolades, either. My advice - Don't believe the hype. Pass + (Wait for a 75% off sale) Expand
  95. BobD
    Feb 9, 2010
    New zombies, weapons and maps, but the game has lost the 'survival-horror' magic that L4D had. This game isn't suspenseful in the least, and is more of a 'mow down zombies' game than a 'survive from zombies' game. Will still play L4D instead of L4D2, not worth $50.
  96. QuantumRand
    Dec 14, 2009
    Valve took a wonderful DLC concpet and expanded it slightly to release an entire new game. The original development map would have worked fine for a DLC, but the added complexity of releasing a stand alone game made the 1-year deadline impossible to make, but Valve released L4D2 anyways, filled to the brim with bugs. The game didnt even run on Dual core 64bit systems until almost a full Valve took a wonderful DLC concpet and expanded it slightly to release an entire new game. The original development map would have worked fine for a DLC, but the added complexity of releasing a stand alone game made the 1-year deadline impossible to make, but Valve released L4D2 anyways, filled to the brim with bugs. The game didnt even run on Dual core 64bit systems until almost a full month after its release!!!! Expand
  97. bi0tech
    Dec 7, 2009
    Like L4D1 with more art, less story, and tons of new bugs. It's amusing enough for L4D1 fans, until you play long enough to realize any concept of single player is destroyed by even dumber bots, versus is a constant battle against game bugs rather than adversaries, leaving you online campaign mode as relatively fun. I expected far far far more from Valve.
  98. AshA
    Dec 7, 2009
    Very overpriced and overrated game. Well the game is fun for a while, but given the fact that the core content is incredibly shallow as it is generic and all campaigns can be beaten in mere 3 hours, i would suggest to wait for the game price to drop down to 20$-25$ before buying it, because everything above is a rip off. I, just as many other people have bought the first game (l4d1) for Very overpriced and overrated game. Well the game is fun for a while, but given the fact that the core content is incredibly shallow as it is generic and all campaigns can be beaten in mere 3 hours, i would suggest to wait for the game price to drop down to 20$-25$ before buying it, because everything above is a rip off. I, just as many other people have bought the first game (l4d1) for full price (45 Expand
  99. CH
    Jan 11, 2010
    Ok let's be fair. I won't say that valve is trying to cheat our money because it is afterall a new product of some sort. I mean, if you guys are willing to pay for half-life 2 EP1 and EP2 when theres the original HL2, then I guess paying for L4D2 when theres L4D isn't that much of a 'cheat'. True enough, L4D is still buggy (look at all the exploits that works in Ok let's be fair. I won't say that valve is trying to cheat our money because it is afterall a new product of some sort. I mean, if you guys are willing to pay for half-life 2 EP1 and EP2 when theres the original HL2, then I guess paying for L4D2 when theres L4D isn't that much of a 'cheat'. True enough, L4D is still buggy (look at all the exploits that works in L4D survival,,, till date) and there are still room for improvements for L4D. Maybe it's true that L4D2 came out too early, and maybe it's true that valve used the same 'source engine' for all their games since '04. But all that are not reasons why L4D2 shouldn't be a stand alone game. It's true that 50 USD is too much for a game that is based one another game that is launched a year ago. I'll say that 40 USD will be a suitable launching price (without discounts). Oh well, these can be subjective and I won't elaborate further. Anyway, onto the gaming aspects. Not much changes are made to the music (similar music are played when similar events happened in both L4D and L4D2). As for graphics, it's the same as L4D, except for new characters (and new skins) and new huds, which doesnt changes much, if not at all. On to the game mechanics. New weapon, though the original carbine and shotgun are still my favourite. The new sniper is a nice addition, though it (and AK) really makes you think that they are simply adding counter-strike guns to L4D2. Grenade launcher sucks cause it deals more friendly fire dammage than hostile dammage, especially in expert. There also the complication where you have Gren launcher for slot one and a melee weapon for slot 2, and you can't really attack ranged hostiles effectively (or helping a friend from afar without dealing them any dammage). The new pistol, magnum, is a good addition, it allows u to choose between dammage or speed for slot 2 ranged weapon. As for the new melee weapons... seriously, I have no comments...it's a good idea but in a zombie apocalyse, it's always better shooting them off from afar. As for the bile jar... nah, pipe is better. The new infecteds aren't any better. Jockies are simply hunters that will make u mobile when being pinned on. Spitters, on the other hand, give you the impression that Valve is trying to introduce some anti-camping bots. The idea of chargers are good though, cause it helps to foster better teamwork, cuz when one player got pinned by a charger, hes as good as gone if the whole team didn't notice. Witches now learns how to walk too, though it doesnt really make much of a difference. Anyway, I won't elaborate any more on the game. To warp everything up, some of the new additions are nice, though others may seem irritating or unnecessary. The new maps are well made, though they should include more buildings so that hunters can play around. Though L4D2 is attractive, the simplicity which L4D provides seems better to me. Oh and the price is really a bit too much. Expand

L4D2 delivers multiple improvements over its predecessor, and I get to keep all my fingers and toes.
    It remains one of the most distinctive co-operative titles out there, and allows for some of the most nerve-searing team-based multiplayer gaming on the market.
  3. Whereas once we treated Left 4 Dead as a stopgap between Half-Lifes, this is no longer a weird little side project with modest expectations, and Valve is confident enough to play around with it, safe in the knowledge that you can trust your players. Left 4 Dead proved it. And whereas that game had a personality, this one is overflowing with it.