8.5

1. Oct 6, 2010
    An amazing sequel. While many were worried that the quality of the game since there was such a short time period between this and the original game but I can safely say that Left 4 Dead 2 is amazing! The game is quite unmatched by any other zombie themed game. The addition of mellee weapons and new guns really added to the experience. With "Uncommon Infected" and new Special Infected added, the campaigns could never be more fun. The enw characters are colorful, interesting, and funny yet still insanely realistic. This game is gleaming with Valve's polish and it shows, it really does. Expand
  2. Apr 15, 2011
    I have 236 hours on it. The base maps alone are tons of fun but the modding community adds even more to it. And thanks to the modding community some servers have 8 on 8 versus which is effectively D-day. It's just awesome. This is not just an expansion pack. It's not just DLC this is a full game.
  3. Aug 24, 2010
    All I can say, is that this game is a **** awesome sequel to Left 4 Dead, ticked all my boxes, nothing negative comes to mind. Awesome! The gameplay is awesome in multiplayer, had tones of fun, the new infected are fun to kill and are fun to play as! Very very verry good game :D
  4. May 28, 2014
    Ahh remember when valve still made games? Loved this game and series. Probably one of the better multiplayer experiences I've had, when you have a good and functional team on either side it can be such a rush. Really needed intelligent ranking team pairing though.

The modded servers are absolutely stupid 90 percent of the time but I made an effort to get banned from them all.
  5. Oct 11, 2010
    Do not underestimate versus fun you can get from this game. Do not try to play single player. Get out there, find a lobby and aid other survivors against endless horde of zombies. Once you get the point, you can't let it go. Absolutely wonderful on many levels.
  6. Oct 25, 2010
    game Left 4 dead 2 funny oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  7. Oct 28, 2010
    I was a very big fan of L4D, and was excited for L4D2 to come out. It kinda sucks that they released it only a year after the original, but it has enough content to make it worth it. The new stuff keeps things pretty interesting. With the price now hovering around $19.99 (its on a Halloween sale for $9.99) its a great buy!
  8. Mar 13, 2011
    This game is fantastic. One of my top five of all time... co-op is fun and engaging if you get a good team together, and the mod community is top notch.
  9. Nov 7, 2010
    I never played the original L4D and I must confess having now played quite a bit of L4D2 I dont know why ? Left 4 Dead 2 is an excellent game, zombies + loads of weapons + insane ammounts of gore + multiplayer online chaos = LOADS OF FUN !

Buy it, you will not be dissapointed (unless you get the censored version which will dissapoint for obvious reasons).
  10. Dec 11, 2010
    Valve may have released the sequel too soon, but their promise is still kept, they continue to support both versions of the game, Left 4 Dead 2 carries the same feeling Left 4 Dead 1 brought but with a twist, new weapons, items, maps, and zombies to come across. some engine enhancements. All I'm going to say is, this is worth it! you will have some good times playing with friends, and the new AI Director 2.0 just seals the deal. Expand
  11. Nov 26, 2010
    k whoever is being a loser saying l4d and l4d2 is a bad game and stuff, stop this game is awesome.and jay u know both l4d's deserve atleast a five for you but with the good graphics and sound effects im giving this game a 10.
  12. Nov 29, 2010
    "Attaching laser sights to your weapon makes it more accurate." Yeah right. It actually does, and also attaching laser sights to your weapon certainly makes it look cool. XD Teamwork is also needed for this game so all the haters technically have NO sense of teamwork and therefore they think the game sucks, have you heard the F**K You spoof on youtube by DeStorm? It is for you losers/haters =) My critic would be that game is VERY EPIC, a lot of people in Steam and Garena thought so too =) And those haters who writes long critics are, in my opinion, the biggest losers and rage quitters. Since they have so much time to write these things. And also, those who says melee weapon sucks? I completed a expert campaign using only melee and NO CHEATS =) Peace to all =D Expand
  13. Dec 19, 2010
    Milujete zombie? Radi je strilite a sekate na kousky? Chcete to delat spolecne s Vasimi prateli? Potom je to jasna koupe. Pokud nemate moznost sitového hrani je zde i singleplayer, ktery Vam ale nenabidne takove zazitky, protoze vasi partaci jsou rizení umelou inteligenci, ktera je sice na dobre urovni, ale zivy hrac je zivy hrac.
  14. Dec 27, 2010
    Simply one of the best and most original games I have played in years and years. Hands down. And I'm a tough reviewer. If you have any doubt, try it. You won't regret it.

Redefines co-op gameplay and has enough play options to keep you entertained for months.
  15. Dec 30, 2010
    Great game and I think this game is better then the first one, I love new infected as well as new weapons and new survivors! I would suggest this to anyone looking to have a fun and easy time playing a game!
  16. Jan 30, 2011
    I always have a good time on this game with my buddies, both in this and in Left 4 Dead. With custom content you'll never get bored. You can also make your own maps and skins for it if you take the time to learn. Great game, but make sure you have some friends to enjoy it with, and some free time to get good at the game!
  17. Feb 8, 2011
    When you can make a game from a idea thats been beaten to death and do it succesfully you know your good.
    This game is a blast to play and the steam achievments add that much more to it.
    The graphics are top notch so i dunno wth JayF is talking about.
    I'm running an old GTX295 and it looks awesome cranked up so maybe his card needs replaced not this game.
    Now on top of all the goodness
    add the add on campaigns free from lfd2maps.com and you get more for your dollar than you can shake a dismembered limb at. Expand
  18. Feb 16, 2011
    This is one of those games that can eat 800+ hours of your life away and keep you coming back for more. For that one fact alone I give it a 10. My money was well spent. There are many modes to keep it fresh and enjoyable. Cooperation within a team is a must. The replay factor and fun factor are simply through the roof. L4D and L4D2 are both worth the investment.
  19. Feb 27, 2011
    I have been a die-hard fan of the L4D series. Once the Sacrifice and No Mercy came out, I was psyched. Now I have L4D2 on both Xbox 360 and Steam/PC, and with both versions, I can play this game anytime I want. I have to say, VALVe and PowerSource, as well as Steam, made one of the best games on the district.
  20. Mar 17, 2011
    An absolutely amazing game I enjoyed playing for many hours already and the constant Mutation changes and custom maps always add a new replay value to it. If you don't have it you should definitely get it, the 4 player Co-Op campaign is simply amazing (although there are a lot of e.g. 16 players co-op servers for extra fun) and survival too. I believe I will play it a lot soon cause of the upcoming Cold Stream DLC including a new awesome map and the rest of the L4D1 campaign. Expand
  21. Mar 27, 2011
    Strategy and shooter in one phenomenal game! You can play it for 1000 hours and more, but never it will be boring! Nice maps, great weapons, awesome modes and cool infecteds! I could play it all the time :P
  22. Apr 19, 2011
    Most negative ratings seemed to have come after this game initial release. I can understand where people are coming from in being die hard L4D1 fans previously. However, i started with L4D2 first over a year ago, and it is the BEST online game i have played to date. I bought L4D2 about 6 months ago and while it still have that awesome L4D gameplay, it was just nowhere near as polished as 2 for me. I like in 2 how there is comedy and interesting levels, where 1 seems to have focused more on the horror effect, where there is a dark and gloomy atmosphere. To be honest, i don't see how the atmosphere really makes the game better or worse.

Left 4 Dead 2 has a huge replay value. You can go on and on and constantly learn new things. I personally play all game types, but usually prefer versus. This is one of those games where it will constantly evolve into a better game. The online community is still very strong (even in 1). It is definitely hard to start off when you don't know maps etc. My suggestion is to read/watch some strategy guides or videos.
  23. May 21, 2011
    This is one of the best game ever. Plenty of fun with friends and a very enjoyable versus mode. The coop system is the best ever seen in the games history. The animations are incredibly fluid, some of the best I've seen so far in a game. The dialogues are great, the characters say a lot of different things and are never annoying or ripetitive. Definitely a masterpiece!
  24. Jun 30, 2011
    Left 4 Dead 2 was an exceptionally good game, in my opinion, from the moment I started playing it. It brought to mind the play of Dead Rising, where I could simply kill zombies as a sort of stress reliever. It never needed to have much of a purpose. Just as long as I could kill, move forward, and feel like I accomplished something I was happy. I really enjoy the level designs in the second one. I find especially the Dark Carnival campaign to be extremely fun. The main difference between this game and those of other zombie shooters is that you cannot win this game alone. It is very hard to make it anywhere, especially on harder difficulties, without being a team. Versus mode only proves all the more that without effective teamwork, you cannot win the game. A single player being good is not enough to win the game. More importantly, a lot of times, you don't even have to be good to play, you just have to work together.

A lot of multiplayer video games have completely lost sight of teamwork. When I go to play Call of Duty, if there is a single good person on my team, I may win because of their skill. The next round, they win on someone else's team. It is too dependent on individual people. Left 4 Dead is rarely possible to move any farther when you want to play as a loner. The single player proves this even more with the terrible AI being of little assistance. It certainly feels like you are alone with them. (I still think it deserves a ten because especially friendly AI is rarely very skilled in video games anyway...)

Left 4 Dead 2, as a sequel, also provides some semblance of the creepy level design in the first one. A dank mall, with all the lights turned out, one of the levels virtually serving as a maze because all of the obvious directions are not the right ones. The Carnival, with clowns attracting massive hordes if they are not eliminated effectively. The swamp is a nightmare, especially in realism mode(which is AMAZING... It adds value to the melee weapons and makes you work much harder to remain a team) where you may be dragged away by a smoker and be impossible to find in the foliage. The sugar mill, with a forest of witches, and rain that blinds all view of the screen, is very well designed and very creepy. The Parish is the only campaign which stays well lit for the majority of the campaign but it is not without its challenges as well. The Impound lot, which leaves a massive amount of car alarms in front of you is especially dangerous when you have a person playing who has not memorized where the alarms are. Several of the events in the Parish force hordes of monstrous sizes on you.

This game is only as hard as you make it. You can change the settings to make it simplistic or make it very challenging. Realism mode only adds to the nightmare and makes everything a lot more interesting because you cannot see people through walls, glows around items are disabled, and worst of all, the witch will instantly kill you.

I feel as though a lot of the negative reviews on this game are written by people who rushed out to by this game when it was brand new, who weren't very good at the game, and who could not appreciate all the new things this game had to offer over the old Left 4 Dead. The melee weapons are life saving in Realism mode(which is why describing them as useless seems ineffective and incorrect to me), the guns are vastly improved from the original, and there are three entirely new infected creatures which are all extremely dangerous.(Spitters are great when well timed) The characters are much better developed, interesting, and surprisingly realistic. Especially for those gamers out there who cannot afford an expensive game when it first comes out and wait for the prices to be those of bargains, this game was an amazing buy. I have gotten well over a few hundred hours of gameplay for roughly 20 dollars. I would have paid the 50 dollars if I had it. This game was worth it. Especially with friends, the online is worth every second of playing and I recommend this game to anybody who does not yet have it.
  25. Jul 5, 2011
    Left 4 Dead (2) Series is just amazing i just loving killing me some zombies i dunno maybe because i'm a gun nut and have my own arsenal of weapons for such occasions and just want practice. Anyway This is a great Multiplayer Platform you can team up against zombies or become a special zombie on teams against each other.
  26. Jul 11, 2011
    This is a typical game to just get ur head clear and mindlessly kill all that walks, if ur a game addict its not to play 24/7 youll get mad but its a lovely way to just do something elsze with friends for a change,
    i love it!
  27. Aug 9, 2011
    The great part about Valve is that they patch the game, add new content based on player's interests and no longer allow it to go stale. I have at least 600 hours into the game and have learned specific tactics for taking out the special infected while most people run aimlessly out to their death. It's a team-based game where if you stay together, the chances of survival are high. Cool binds to use such as taunt, yes, no, take the lead, stick that up your a$$, etc. make for some interesting jokes even if everyone is already on voice chat. What you're really doing is making a movie and if you're one of the 4 star actors you're able to take a break and watch. I love how the game seamlessly as well as instantly adds new players or replaces them with bots without some lengthy game re-load or re-sync making everyone wait. It was remarked that the grenade launcher sitting out in the open for anyone to grab and descimate the game solo was making the game too easy and allowing people to leave the rest 4 dead, so Valve moved them to more hidden areas so players had to search for the big guns. I hope it's evolution continues. Expand
  28. Sep 6, 2011
    Woah woah woah... time out. All these people complain about L4D2 being the same thing as L4D, but that simply isn't true! At its core, yes, L4D2 is the same but so is every game on the market. Halo is still a shooter, Command and Conquer is still a strategy game, Starcraft is still epic, Episode 3 still isn't released, and Left 4 Dead is still a co-op zombie survival game. Just because Valve didn't go for L4D2: Cooking Mama as their sequel doesn't mean they're ripping us off. This game easily has enough new content to teach Infinity Ward and Treyarch a thing or two.

Valve obviously worked hard to make the original experience much more fun in every aspect and they definitely delivered. The only thing that I would have docked a point for is not having enough maps, but free DLC took care of that. Besides, I had to do something to even out all the people trying to say the game hadn't changed. I wouldn't be surprised if half of them don't even own the game.
  29. Dec 2, 2012
    Yes, it's a decent sequel with big amount of changes over it's predecessor, which can't be simply packed in a DLC. This game is about teamplay and replayability - i'm playing it with my friends with VoIP and i played more than 400 hours in total and not yet bore with. One of the best co-op, PvP and overall games in my life.
  30. Nov 2, 2011
    Awesome coop game, the value of the free dlcs and the game itself make it a masterpiece.
    **** to the ones saying that it's the same old **** if the game has changed the same guys would be the first saying "oh no, ****ty game, those dubass changed everything and now is totally different, why would they did that? Vote: 4, 0, 2". Buy it.

L4D2 delivers multiple improvements over its predecessor, and I get to keep all my fingers and toes.
    It remains one of the most distinctive co-operative titles out there, and allows for some of the most nerve-searing team-based multiplayer gaming on the market.
  3. Whereas once we treated Left 4 Dead as a stopgap between Half-Lifes, this is no longer a weird little side project with modest expectations, and Valve is confident enough to play around with it, safe in the knowledge that you can trust your players. Left 4 Dead proved it. And whereas that game had a personality, this one is overflowing with it.