Left 4 Dead 2 PC

8.5

1. Jul 23, 2016
    Awesome game really liked this game. mostly the witch moan in this game is very scary and tank is very strong. the players are also great . i really enjoyed this game.
  2. Jul 11, 2016
    It's a good game.
    Even if you say that "hurr durr it's like a DLC", guess what, it's still a good game.
    Because it costs 5$.
    5$ for new weapons, defibrillator, adrenaline and new maps.

Five. Dollars.
  3. Jul 5, 2016
    left 4 dead 2 es un fps en el cual heres un sobreviente del apocalipsis zombi y deves sobrevivir con tus 3 compañeros, es un juego sentrado solo en el multijugador ,pero si quieres jugar solo esta bien ya que es igual de entretenido.PERO por defecto el juego no tiene campaña ya que solo se trata de ir al punto A al B.el jueo pude volverce repetitivo ya que tiene pocos hecenarios en elleft 4 dead 2 es un fps en el cual heres un sobreviente del apocalipsis zombi y deves sobrevivir con tus 3 compañeros, es un juego sentrado solo en el multijugador ,pero si quieres jugar solo esta bien ya que es igual de entretenido.PERO por defecto el juego no tiene campaña ya que solo se trata de ir al punto A al B.el jueo pude volverce repetitivo ya que tiene pocos hecenarios en el juego aunque esto se remedia ya que puedes descargar mapas que creo la comunidad y la compania.Graficamente se ve bien y les haceguro que les va a dar horas de entretenimiento Expand
  4. Jun 22, 2016
    2/13/2012: If you don't have this game already, then allow me to smack you upside the head for not buying one of the greatest cooperative games ever made. As I can personally attest, there is no faster way to make friends then to survive a zombie apocalypse together. It's probably a good way to meet chicks, besides. As per their style, Valve delivers a teasing emergent narrative that2/13/2012: If you don't have this game already, then allow me to smack you upside the head for not buying one of the greatest cooperative games ever made. As I can personally attest, there is no faster way to make friends then to survive a zombie apocalypse together. It's probably a good way to meet chicks, besides. As per their style, Valve delivers a teasing emergent narrative that encourages the players to tell their own story, while putting the tools in their hands to seriously ♥♥♥♥ up whatever is standing between them and their goal. When I first played L4D2, coming off of the first game, I was immediately kicked in the ♥♥♥ for thinking it was going to be the same game. The new special infected, more aggressive common infected, gauntlet crescendo events and other elements meant that this game was a whole hell of a lot harder. And in the end, it ending up being better, too. Now we've got new (and old) campaigns, new gametypes, and new stories to tell every time you play. Expand
  5. May 15, 2016
    Very good game about Zombie . Left 4 Dead 2 has got very good multiplayer , awesome graphics for 2009 and in this game very many blood and zombies . This game is too severe . In this game can treat friends in multiplayer . This game is very interesting and funny despite the fact that the cruel . 8/10 . Very good zombie game . Very Much better than Dead Island and a little bit worse thanVery good game about Zombie . Left 4 Dead 2 has got very good multiplayer , awesome graphics for 2009 and in this game very many blood and zombies . This game is too severe . In this game can treat friends in multiplayer . This game is very interesting and funny despite the fact that the cruel . 8/10 . Very good zombie game . Very Much better than Dead Island and a little bit worse than Dying Light . Expand
  6. Apr 16, 2016
    Si buscáis una experiencia alucinante épica y con tus amigos este es tu juego, puedo decir sin dudarlo que L4D2 es el mejor juego de zombies que e jugado en años y vale cada céntimo de lo que cuesta incluso la versión de XBOX360 vale su precio.
  7. Mar 22, 2016
    This is easily one of the most addictive shooters that I've ever played. This was one of the first steam games, I ever played and got hooked on. I've even gotten to meet alot of my steam friends on this. Developed by the holy grail of game developers Valve, praise beyond to you. Left 4 Dead 2 is one of the most entertaining multiplayer co-op games that you can get on the steam marktet.This is easily one of the most addictive shooters that I've ever played. This was one of the first steam games, I ever played and got hooked on. I've even gotten to meet alot of my steam friends on this. Developed by the holy grail of game developers Valve, praise beyond to you. Left 4 Dead 2 is one of the most entertaining multiplayer co-op games that you can get on the steam marktet.

It's made in Valve's traditional engine, the Source engine which always gives the games they make a look that will never get old. Left 4 Dead has a sort of a fusion with partially cartoony and mainly realistic look.

Gameplay in Left 4 Dead 2 mainly consists of you playing one of four survivors and you needing to work together killing all of the zombies and reach the safety point at the end of the map and repeat it. You might be thinking i your head that this might get tedious and boring but surprisingly it doesn't. Left 4 Dead 2 has an element in it called an "A.I director" which means every time you come into the map a second time, the zombies will be in different places each time that you start it up. The AI is also excellent and keeps you and the 3 other player you will be playing with on the edge of their seats as you try and fight your way through a horde of zombies. Controls are basically like any of valve's games so they are easy and simple to get the hang of. However online play isn't without it's bugs and I wish tht Valve would patch these like there was a zombie that I encoutered sank into the floor, once there was a player who was invisible and an objective item didn't spawn in once.

As you can probably see by my timer I have spent hours on this game and I still tend to play it to this day. This is the sort of game that I think you will easily fire up and hop onto play it in about 20 years time and has so much replay value. You will play it again and again and again.

I reccommend this game to basically anybody. Doesn't matter wht sort of game genre tht you're into I'm telling you to buy this and thts an order.
  8. Mar 6, 2016
    This is easily one of the most addictive shooters that I've ever played. This was one of the first steam games, I ever played and got hooked on. I've even gotten to meet a lot of my steam friends on this. Developed by the holy grail of game developers Valve, praise beyond to you. Left 4 Dead 2 is one of the most entertaining multiplayer co-op games that you can get on the steam market.This is easily one of the most addictive shooters that I've ever played. This was one of the first steam games, I ever played and got hooked on. I've even gotten to meet a lot of my steam friends on this. Developed by the holy grail of game developers Valve, praise beyond to you. Left 4 Dead 2 is one of the most entertaining multiplayer co-op games that you can get on the steam market.

Gameplay in Left 4 Dead 2 mainly consists of you playing one of four survivors and you needing to work together killing all of the zombies and reach the safety point at the end of the map and repeat it. You might be thinking in your head that this might get tedious and boring but surprisingly it doesn't. Left 4 Dead 2 has an element in it called an "A.I director" which means every time you come into the map a second time, the zombies will be in different places each time that you start it up. The AI is also excellent and keeps you and the 3 other player you will be playing with on the edge of their seats as you try and fight your way through a horde of zombies. Controls are basically like any of valve's games so they are easy and simple to get the hang of. However online play isn't without it's bugs and I wish that Valve would patch these like there was a zombie that I encountered sank into the floor, once there was a player who was invisible and an objective item didn't spawn in once.

I recommend this game to basically anybody. Doesn't matter what sort of game genre that you're into I'm telling you to buy this and that's an order.
  9. Mar 1, 2016
    Olá, tudo bem? Bom, vamos a minha crítica, no caso, sobre este grande jogo: Left 4 Dead 2. Trata-se de um jogo de tiro em primeira pessoa (FPS) com um tema pós-apocalíptico, causado pelos tão adoráveis zumbis (aqui em L4D2 podemos chama-los de maratonistas sem nenhum problema, pois haja fôlego pra correr assim!) e podemos controlar até 4 personagens diferentes (juntando a campanha do L4DOlá, tudo bem? Bom, vamos a minha crítica, no caso, sobre este grande jogo: Left 4 Dead 2. Trata-se de um jogo de tiro em primeira pessoa (FPS) com um tema pós-apocalíptico, causado pelos tão adoráveis zumbis (aqui em L4D2 podemos chama-los de maratonistas sem nenhum problema, pois haja fôlego pra correr assim!) e podemos controlar até 4 personagens diferentes (juntando a campanha do L4D original, ficamos com 8 personagens ao todo. Sim, Left 4 Dead 2 vem com as campanhas e personagens do seu antecessor inclusas) cada um deles com personalidades diferentes, mas que no final, tem que trabalhar em equipe para conseguirem sobreviver, e isso é claro, não é simplesmente na teoria, também é na prática.

Apesar de L4D2 ser ótimo no modo singleplayer, com certeza você vai se divertir muito mais e por muito mais tempo no multiplayer, isso porque é muito interessante passar de fase usando o trabalho em equipe, pois vá por mim, não tem como você passar de fase jogando sozinho feito um Rambo da vida, isso acontece porque alguns infectados especiais se te atacarem em cheio, te deixam incapacitados de se mover ou realizar qualquer ação e dessa forma você só irá se libertar se um dos seus companheiros de equipe decidir ajuda-lo, então sempre iremos precisar da ajuda dos outros, isso vale não somente para o jogo, mas também para nossa vida (mitei, né não?).

O jogo em si pode ser explicado de forma bem simples: Ele é divido por campanhas e cada uma delas dividem-se em capítulos, onde nosso objetivo, na grande maioria das vezes, é passar do Ponto A para o Ponto B e matar tudo que vier pela frente (mas além da campanha também existem diversos outros modos de jogo, como o modo "Versus" onde podemos controlar os infectados especiais do jogo e temos como objetivo eliminar os sobreviventes). Apesar de soar repetitivo esse estilo de jogo, eu não considero L4D2 um jogo enjoativo. Não sei dizer o motivo mas é um game que é realmente muito divertido, sua jogabilidade é excelente, possui bons gráficos, os cenários são diversificados, os infectados especiais são muito interessantes, cada um deles possue características únicas e uma "música-tema" tensa e os infectados comuns também são interessantes, pois diferente da maioria dos zumbis (os lentões que tropeçam sozinho e mesmo assim conseguem morder as pessoas, como os de The Walking Dead) esses são muito velozes e brutais, eles não exitam em te espancar (sim, eles não mordem você, eles te espancam até a morte) e algumas vezes eles formam uma cirandinha maldita em volta de você e te fazem de saco de pancada, isso é algo muito interessante (e inconveniente também né?).

Ah, algo interessante também nessa versão para PC é que é possível baixar "Skins" de armas, personagens, itens e até mesmo mapas (recomendo demais que vocês baixem o mapa Raccon City: Nemesis). E você também pode criar essas coisas, tudo isso em uma ferramenta de motor Source, dedicada para quem quer fazer coisas para adicionar a Left 4 Dead 2... Enfim, na minha opinião, é um game que com certeza vale a pena ser comprado, é um dos melhores jogos que eu já joguei, você NÃO precisa de um PC da NASA pra rodar, é extremamente divertido e um excelente jogo para ser jogado com amigos. Talvez o único ponto negativo seja a ausência de uma história detalhada, pois o que temos mesmo são simples diálogos entre os sobreviventes, mas pelo menos para mim, isso não faz tanta falta assim, é um jogo que tem um foco muito mais na diversão do que em explicar os acontecimentos em si.

Nota Final: 9.8/10 (Fantástico)
  10. Feb 19, 2016
    Absolument énorme, le coop comme jamais dans un jeu immense au potentiel encore fabuleux, j'imagine même pas une suite avec toute les trouvailles que l'on pourrait y faire, un concept démoniaque et un plaisir de jeu hors norme, entre ami, ou même seul, le monde VS toujours aussi fun, même si on aurait aimer des stats et un classement plus motivant.
    Le mode campagne, le coeur du jeu est
    Le mode campagne, le coeur du jeu est tout simplement ce qui se fait de mieux dans le monde vidéo ludique pour ce qui est du coop, énnnoooormmmme!!!!!!
  11. Jan 24, 2016
    Great. Just great. Great characters, zombies, graphics and multiplayer.

Complaint of course: The death animation is so SO bad. In L4D, the original, the death animation was great, now its bad. But if thats the biggest problem in this game, then it cant be that bad.
  12. Jan 12, 2016
    Quite possibly one of my favourite games of all time. Everything about this game is just excellent. If for some reason you haven't played this game yet, It's well worth the ~£10-£15 price tag.
  13. Dec 31, 2015
    Personally I think this game is as close to perfect as you could wish for. The only minor drawbacks that it has are a rather poor matchmaking system, a lack of variety in the servers, and also a poor navigation system online. But, on the positive side and all the things that really matter, it absolutely nails it. A great variety of infected monsters pose different challenges. There isPersonally I think this game is as close to perfect as you could wish for. The only minor drawbacks that it has are a rather poor matchmaking system, a lack of variety in the servers, and also a poor navigation system online. But, on the positive side and all the things that really matter, it absolutely nails it. A great variety of infected monsters pose different challenges. There is enough variety in the maps to make various different playstyles viable. The weapons are many and varied. And the necessity for teamwork is fundamental and crucial. It has the perfect pacing to the campaign maps and all of them are in their own way very well designed. There are also a decent number of game modes and the moddability of the game means that many more campaigns are equally possible. I don’t think you can find a better co op shooting game out there. I have about 650 hours of gameplay in this and still I am not bored. Expand
  14. Dec 20, 2015
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  15. Rem
    Dec 3, 2015
    Following up on 2008's multiplayer funfest just a year later, Valve hopes to bring the masses with a compelling and addicting zombie survival shooter in Left 4 Dead 2, and they succeeded oh so well. What may seem like a ding off the point scale is how similar everything in Left 4 Dead 2 feels compared to the first. Almost all the game mechanics have been almost unchanged and the whole gameFollowing up on 2008's multiplayer funfest just a year later, Valve hopes to bring the masses with a compelling and addicting zombie survival shooter in Left 4 Dead 2, and they succeeded oh so well. What may seem like a ding off the point scale is how similar everything in Left 4 Dead 2 feels compared to the first. Almost all the game mechanics have been almost unchanged and the whole game at a glance seems to be a simple reskin. But the real meat and flavor derives from how Valve makes the small changes and gives you so much more to play with. A quadrupled arsenal that includes melee weapons, weapon buffs, special ammo, new special infected, better map designs, a southern twang setting, better setpieces, improved graphics after just a year, a plethora of modes, and improved balancing rocket Left 4 Dead 2 into a multiplayer masterpiece. It's how you refine a game while gaining a new identity after a single year in production. Like the first, the second game's most tantalizing feature is a completely dynamic AI that changes the game experience everytime you play, and relying on your coop partners is the absolutely only way to succeed. If one were to go lone wolf, sign your grave cause the undead are unforgiving. If the first Left 4 Dead never grabbed you with its simple Point A to Point B zombie survival romp with a completely dynamic gameplay and AI, then Left 4 Dead 2 will do little to change your mind. But the sequel has gallons of fun with friends to offer and zombie guts needed to fill it. Expand
  16. Nov 22, 2015
    Left 4 Dead is another great game that developed by Valve company. The extraordinary graphic of this game is just stunning. Valve added some new special zombies into the game. You can find a lot of mod in the workshop and they are all free to download. You will have more fun when playing this game with your friends.
  17. Nov 19, 2015
    Successful sequel to a very good shooter, where we have to eliminate hordes of zombies. It includes all the campaigns from the first part, so nothing is lost if you were unable to enjoy it before. It offers a few interesting play modes, but I found "campaign" the most enjoyable. The real fun starts when playing co-op with friends.

Score: 9/10 - I would definitely recommend it!
  18. Nov 16, 2015
    -snip-
    ...............................................................................................................................................
  19. Nov 15, 2015
    super a game vuhuhuhuhuhuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
  20. Nov 2, 2015
    Left 4 Dead 2 is definitely a great follow-up for its predecessor; with new infected, new maps, new characters, and others. But just like the first title of its series, the graphics and the atmosphere of the game should've been more darker and creepier, like any post-apocalyptic environments that we can imagine. Besides from that, I find no new notable game play elements either
  21. Oct 24, 2015
    This game is really fun, really enjoyable and something I could play often. Just... the story isn't that much changed as for the first one. Just new characters. I happy we meet the old characters of course!

I like it, like the small story change, like the different things added and... yeah. Great game when you come to it.
  22. Oct 24, 2015
    I hate zombies, really hate zombies, but for this game, I had to miss because it is one of the most successful co-op games ever been .Only problem of the game is that you need to have at least two friends who also have a game ,otherwise it's not that.
    Especially if your friend lying on the ground and screaming, "What the **** are you doing ?!"
  23. Oct 19, 2015
    Still an awesome game. I'm a sucker for those COOP games though. So much better than the first installment. Just can't wait for the third Left 4 Dead, pretty please this Halloween maybe?
  24. Oct 8, 2015
    THE BEST COOPERATIVE GAME EVER! Click-fest, jump scare, FUN! This game, even years after initial release is one of the best games ever made! The reason it is so successful is because the gameplay mechanics of the shooting is just so polished....the interaction and story-line element to each chapter is so will done, superb level design. it is so satisfying chopping zombies limbs off, headsTHE BEST COOPERATIVE GAME EVER! Click-fest, jump scare, FUN! This game, even years after initial release is one of the best games ever made! The reason it is so successful is because the gameplay mechanics of the shooting is just so polished....the interaction and story-line element to each chapter is so will done, superb level design. it is so satisfying chopping zombies limbs off, heads blowing up, and destroying the special infected zombies. The special zombies variety really makes this game, it mixes it up, you need to work together, heal each other and protect each other from the special otherwise you will die. The community is friendly and active to this day. THIS GAME IS A MUST BUY FOR ANY PC PLAYER. Expand
  25. Sep 21, 2015
    It's a good game, while it lasts. And the modding community is quite healthy, always adding new skins for weapons, infected, items, But the game is too repetitive for me. Literally, every game is "Run down this corridor and shoot at zombies until you get to the safe room" I completed all the single player stuff, tried some community made maps, Had a really terrible experience with a**holesIt's a good game, while it lasts. And the modding community is quite healthy, always adding new skins for weapons, infected, items, But the game is too repetitive for me. Literally, every game is "Run down this corridor and shoot at zombies until you get to the safe room" I completed all the single player stuff, tried some community made maps, Had a really terrible experience with a**holes online who teamkilled everyone when they got the chance, then got really bored and I never played it again. It now sits in my Steam library, gathering dust. Expand
  26. Jun 24, 2015
    A Fantastic game to play with your friends and with strangers! A bit glitchy here and there but overall Valve Corporation have really shown their capability with L4D2
  27. Jun 8, 2015
    Amazing Game. It gives experienced survivalists a challenge on any mode, whether it be Survival or Campaign. If you like challenging survival, play L4D2. It really gives you a challenge!
  28. May 18, 2015
  29. Apr 10, 2015
    All I can say, is Left for Dead 2 is a very good Zombie Shooter, but the best thing is the mod Deathcraft were everything is so awesome. But the first game was more interesting.
  30. Feb 21, 2015
    This game is just another complete rip-off of angry birds. The game itself is exactly the same except the graphics quality is much lower and the gameplay is significantly less user friendly.
  31. Feb 7, 2015
    I thought it would be fun, and I even played it with a few friends for a time. I was wrong. So repetitive and boring, I can't believe how high the ratings are for this. Gameplay is TERRIBLE; I hate the shooting modes and how poorly the guns shoot. I also hate the graphics, so unfortunately I have to give it a 0.
  32. Jan 27, 2015
    Completely ordinary over hyped kid shooter it lacks form and function and hands you crayons this is a Kiddy game with blood wait that is censored in my region because it was seen by the censorship bureau and even those old farts clicked and thought well little kids will like it so no blood..........

worst buy
  33. Jan 12, 2015
    Brilliant fun to be had here, playing co-op or versus multiplayer. Zombie slaying at it's best. Work together as a team through the multitude of hour-long campaigns. One of those games you can simply drop in and play for an hour of frantic fun. It is somewhat similar to Killing Floor, except it has more game modes, better campaigns and is generally more fun.

It also includes Steam

It also includes Steam Workshop support and has a wide variety of stuff available to spice up the game.

Jimbo Rating: 8/10
  34. Jan 10, 2015
    Es una expansión de L4D1, nada mas. Es un juego adictivo, divertido, fácil de conseguir, es un buen juego. Le daría una puntuación mayor si este hubiera sido el primer L4D, pero no lo es.... Es lo que es... DLC, vendido como nueva entrega. Aun así lo recomiendo por que este juego mato a la comunidad de L4D1. Compralo ya, esta en Steam a 15 dolares. Le doy un 07/10, si fuera el primero leEs una expansión de L4D1, nada mas. Es un juego adictivo, divertido, fácil de conseguir, es un buen juego. Le daría una puntuación mayor si este hubiera sido el primer L4D, pero no lo es.... Es lo que es... DLC, vendido como nueva entrega. Aun así lo recomiendo por que este juego mato a la comunidad de L4D1. Compralo ya, esta en Steam a 15 dolares. Le doy un 07/10, si fuera el primero le daría un 08/10 o un 09/10, pero es una versión Plus+DLC de el 1. Expand
  35. Dec 31, 2014
    Playing this with friends is amazingly fun especially with 4 player co op. Having other game modes to import more entertainment is fine with such as the survivor gameplay.
  36. Dec 27, 2014
    Left 4 Dead 2, this game is just awesome, you can even make a model and put it into game and play it with that add-on, just awesome. I really enjoy play this game with my friends..
  37. Dec 23, 2014
    Great multi-player co-op game that still has a ton of replay value, five years later. Where it really shines is in Versus mode, where teams play against each other, taking turns playing as the Special Infected.

Before playing Versus mode, however, make sure you have played through Campaign mode completely at least once.
  38. Dec 18, 2014
    Zombie lovers, this is a game that is a must buy. The campaign was so much fun to play. But the best thing about the game is the Multiplayer online. They have a **** ton of games to do online and it's a lot of fun. Not only that, you can start a co-op in the campaign. Plus all the DLC for the xbox 360 also that follow the campaign from the start. Best part is that they brought back theZombie lovers, this is a game that is a must buy. The campaign was so much fun to play. But the best thing about the game is the Multiplayer online. They have a **** ton of games to do online and it's a lot of fun. Not only that, you can start a co-op in the campaign. Plus all the DLC for the xbox 360 also that follow the campaign from the start. Best part is that they brought back the original crew from the original left 4 dead. Nothing negative comes to mind. This game is hella fun. Expand
  39. Dec 16, 2014
    The Game is really cool and I play it a lot, but it could have been better, because it's to similar to Left 4 Dead and I know its a Sequel but they could have added more stuff
  40. Dec 14, 2014
    If you have a full team of friends (3 others for coop or 7 others for versus) its a great game, probably an 8/10.
    If you try to play with randoms, its not any good.
    If you try to play with randoms, its not any good.

Features that punish bad behaviour are non-existant. This means that you RARELY finish a whole game of versus with everyone that started. This also means that, even if you find a close game without leavers, it is very easy to ruin the game. Its possible to swap teams at the start of each map, allowing you to teamkill/suicide. If you aren't invested in a game, you can simply join a random game, teamkill/suicide, and leave. Suddenly that entire game is ruined because of one intentionally bad player. This applies mostly to versus, but also to high difficulty co-op.

L4d2 also failed to add the ability to easily download custom maps and play with others. While most games with custom maps will automatically download it for you when connecting to a server, such as Team Fortress 2, l4d2 decided to force players to manually install maps. If you try to play the map online, you are probably stuck by yourself or playing on a laggy LAN.
  41. Nov 25, 2014
    Game: Left 4 Dead 2
    Genre: First Person Shooter Horror
    Developer: Valve System: PC Total Score: 91/100 Value Score: 91/10 • Story: 8/10 • Characters: 9/10 • GamePlay: 10/10 • Graphics: 8/10 • Sound: 10/10 • Music: 6/10 • Length: 10/10 • Replay Value: 10/10 • Player Value: 10/10 Pros +Storyline and characters are a bit more appealing than the first game +Includes Left 4
    Game: Left 4 Dead 2

• Music: 6/10
    • Length: 10/10
    • Replay Value: 10/10
    • Player Value: 10/10

Pros
    +Storyline and characters are a bit more appealing than the first game
    +Includes Left 4 Dead 1 characters and maps
    +New Special Infected
    +New Weapons
    +Designs of items changed and can be reverted back to original for both L4D1 and L4D2 maps.
    +Multiple modes include Survival, Versus, etc which add more value to the length and replay value
    +Multiple map, character and enemy skin designs available including the official Capcom Resident Evil 6 Enemy skins
    +Both private and public maps available - private maps enable you the option to do cheats and edit the overall game
    +A lot of available mods from a huge community

Cons
    -Does not include the cutscenes from L4D1
    -Does not include some of the glitches/aesthetics often used in the first game (only available in the GOTY edition of L4D1)
  42. Nov 14, 2014
    Was a great game and if you have friends who play this it's a 8,5. Without friends it seems there's only russians and russian servers (live in the middle of europe), they shoot everybody who isn't russian and speak orcish so theres no actual co-op. As a singleplayer only game that it is nowadays I have to give it a measly 5.
  43. Nov 6, 2014
    The blood, the gore, the mods, the Fun, Oh my god this game is awesome. I didn't play Left 4 Dead one but when I saw steam had the sequel for £3.74 I jumped out of my seat. I do also own it on the Xbox 360 but none of my friends on that have this game.
  44. Nov 3, 2014
    One of my all time favourite games! I can come back to this any ole day. It's action packed and gory and it's simply total non-stop fun, especially when you add friends to the equation. Online with strangers can sometimes be unforgiving when there's someone who either doesn't work with you as a team or they are kicking your ass in Versus mode, and it can even get a little dickish whenOne of my all time favourite games! I can come back to this any ole day. It's action packed and gory and it's simply total non-stop fun, especially when you add friends to the equation. Online with strangers can sometimes be unforgiving when there's someone who either doesn't work with you as a team or they are kicking your ass in Versus mode, and it can even get a little dickish when there's idiots that will kick you for stupid reasons for example because you might not be doing so well in a particular game.
    However I cannot recommend this game enough if you just want to mindlessly shoot and hack the **** out of zombies. It's almost therapeutic in a way.
  45. Oct 11, 2014
    The greatest FPS ever created. Good AI, awesome team play and well done graphics. The bonus of fan created add-on campaigns and mods makes for near endless fresh gaming.
  46. Sep 28, 2014
    It's an amazing game, i don't know why people are hating this game.
    It's the best co-op zombie game to play with your friends.
    It's easily the money worth
  47. Sep 25, 2014
    An overall fun and entertaining coop game. The levels are well made and the multiplayer modes are decent and the combat is a lot of fun. I wish there were more levels and a little more content though.
  48. Sep 20, 2014
    So many achievements and stats achieving things.
    No auto regenerated health.
    No aiming down sight,with many bad maneuver mechanics from old Counter-Strike. Above were the disapointing features and that's enough. 成就太多,数据解锁类内容太多。 没自动恢复。 没右键瞄准视角,老CS的过时操作方式出现了不少。 以上这些就是令人失望的地方,足够给差评了。
    So many achievements and stats achieving things.
    No auto regenerated health.
    No aiming down sight,with many bad maneuver mechanics from old Counter-Strike.
    Above were the disapointing features and that's enough.
    成就太多,数据解锁类内容太多。
    没自动恢复。
    没右键瞄准视角,老CS的过时操作方式出现了不少。
    以上这些就是令人失望的地方,足够给差评了。
  49. Sep 7, 2014
    Left 4 Dead 2. This is a game made by Valve. The same company that brought us such great games as Counter-Strike and Team Fortress 2. I reviewed those games a while ago, and I thought both were fantastic. They were both insanely fun multiplayer games that you could play over and over, and they wouldn't get old. With Left 4 Dead 2, Valve tries something different. Where Team FortressLeft 4 Dead 2. This is a game made by Valve. The same company that brought us such great games as Counter-Strike and Team Fortress 2. I reviewed those games a while ago, and I thought both were fantastic. They were both insanely fun multiplayer games that you could play over and over, and they wouldn't get old. With Left 4 Dead 2, Valve tries something different. Where Team Fortress 2 and Counter-Strike were multiplayer shooters that allow you to battle your friends across the internet, this game is a cooperative multiplayer game that allows you to team up with your friends to battle zombies. So, is this the kind of game that will bite your money, or will it want to bite you instead? Let's find out. As I said, this game is a cooperative shooter that allows you to team up with your friends and battle zombies. There are several campaigns to choose from, all with the same premise: you start out in a safe zone with your partners, and have to move from safe room to safe room until you are rescued. Along the way, you and your friends will have to fight massive hordes of the undead together. This would be boring if normal infected zombies were the only zombies you had to worry about. However, this game also has other kinds of zombies, known as special infected. These kinds of zombies add a twist to the game, that can make fighting zombies much more interesting. There are overweight zombies called boomers that vomit on you, attracting normal zombies, spitters that spit acid at you, witches that scream and pounce for a one hit kill if disturbed, and tanks that are practically the Hulk of zombies just to name a few. Not only do these special infected make fighting zombies much more interesting, but they also add new cooperative elements to the game. Certain special infected might pounce on your character, which makes it necessary for partners to save you for example. This game plays very much like any other shooter, only with cooperative elements. You really need to care for your partners in this game, because without them, this game would be practically impossible to play through. You need to give them first aid, certain ammo types, and revive them if they are injured. All this is very fun, and can lead to crazy moments with you and your friends. Along with the normal campaign mode, there are many more modes, such as versus, where you get to play as the special infected and kill the survivors, or survival, where you just survive for as long as you can. The gameplay of this game is fantastic, regardless of what game mode you are playing. As for the graphics, they are every bit as fantastic as the gameplay. Everything is rich with detail, and very colorful. The zombies look about as zombified as you would want them to look. All of the buildings and streets that you run around on also look fantastic. Even the characters and weapons look really good. This is definitely one of the best looking Source Engine games that has ever been made. The game also presents itself very well. The entire game feels like a zombie action movie where you're the star. This is shown through the movie posters used for the campaign, and the end credits sequences that play after you are rescued. There is also a story to this game, but it kind of takes a back-seat to the fantastic gameplay and graphics. Basically, a virus called the green flu has spread across the east coast of the United States, turning people into zombies. You and your co-op partners are all immune to this virus, and must get to safety. This game's survivors are also very memorable, with each having their own back-story, and making jokes every now and then. The campaigns also branch into each other, with each one showing what happens after the survivors escape from the zombies in the previous campaign, only to crash and be stuck in the next campaign, having to do everything they did in the previous campaign all over again. While the story takes a back-seat to the gameplay and graphics, this is the same approach Valve took with Team Fortress 2, so I'm not really complaining here. The only real problem with this game is that the single player AI is terrible. Yes, you can play in single player, but the AI of your partners is bad. There are mods available that can fix this however. Other than that, This game's presentation is really good. Overall, this is a fantastic game that absolutely must be played, especially if you have friends around. It can be hard to play alone, but if you use an advanced bots mod for the game it should work fine. I highly recommend playing this game if you like to play with friends, or if you just like to shoot zombies, or heck, even if you just like first-person shooters you will probably love this game! I can't recommend this game enough!
    Gameplay: 10/10
    Graphics: 10/10
    Presentation: 9/10
    Overall: 10/10
  50. Aug 15, 2014
    Many people won't like this game because its the same. I say to that, why fix what's not broken. This game took what we all loved in Left 4 Dead 1 and improved it with more weapons, more enemies, more love able characters, and better co-op. Without a doubt, this is one of the best co-op zombie games I've seen.
  51. Jul 19, 2014
    Left 4 dead 2 est vraiment un jeu pour se défoulé , où le but est de défoncé du zombie a l’état brute avec des potes . En plus grâce au Workshop on peu rajouter du contenu au jeu ce qui n'est pas négligeable pour ce genre de jeu où il n'a pas de réelle scénario . Perso au bout d'un moment je m'en suis un peu ennuie dessus . Mais reste quand un même un bon jeu .
  52. Jul 14, 2014
    Left 4 Dead 2 raises the bar by adding new features, zombies, weapons, maps and characters. I really love playing the levels with friends and other players. I love the feature: Versus mode but the one thing I really hate about it is that the people who play on versus mode are jerks. They kick you out for either no reason, being a noob, making a mistake, for not playing enough hours. TheLeft 4 Dead 2 raises the bar by adding new features, zombies, weapons, maps and characters. I really love playing the levels with friends and other players. I love the feature: Versus mode but the one thing I really hate about it is that the people who play on versus mode are jerks. They kick you out for either no reason, being a noob, making a mistake, for not playing enough hours. The multiplayer community can be harsh on pc but I heard the xbox 360 players are alot nicer. Expand
  53. Jul 10, 2014
    Left 4 Dead 2 it's an awesome zombie shooter game where cooperation really matters for progress, with a wide range of scenario and a ton of zombie to kill.
    Promoted!
  54. Jul 8, 2014
    Super Hra je to boží.Dávám 7 bodu.je to super hra. je tam kampan a hovno ajdjhdhdhdhdhdhhdhdhdhdhdhdhzdhdhdhdhddhhdhdjdfhdjhfudfheudhfdufgzertzrgtzjhnudhfzehr
  55. Jun 28, 2014
    Its nice.
    there's not too much added on from the original, and its a standard zombie-shooter, but the characters are just so...unique and awesome, and the special infected are nice
    Overall its...good.
  56. Jun 11, 2014
    This title is an excellent entry in the zombie genre. The game definitely shines the brightest when played with friends, but I find the single player goddamn enjoyable as well. Not does it only give you hours of challenging, but fun time in the campaign, the multiplayer modes extend the fun so far, that you can have a good time with it, even to this day. The only flaw I had with it was theThis title is an excellent entry in the zombie genre. The game definitely shines the brightest when played with friends, but I find the single player goddamn enjoyable as well. Not does it only give you hours of challenging, but fun time in the campaign, the multiplayer modes extend the fun so far, that you can have a good time with it, even to this day. The only flaw I had with it was the slight repetition with the campaigns, but seriously, blowing away the heads of those stupid undead people never gets old, shall it be with an axe or a shotgun. Expand
  57. Jun 9, 2014
    To start off, I HATE FPS. It is one of the most repetitive and boring genre of gameplay.

However, L4D2 is very different. To start off, it is not the typical boring man shoots another man because of a war and **** like that. Instead, it involves something unique - zombies! Man shoots zombies otherwise their brains would be eaten. Amazing, isn't it? Furthermore, there are several maps, several weapons, and SEVERAL ZOMBIES WITH DIFFERENT TALENTS AND ABILITIES to keep you entertained. Not the typical boring and predictable human enemy. You also get a chance to be a zombie and battle humans in the multiplayer mode.

To summarize, this game (despite my hatred to FPS) is AMAZING!
  58. Jun 7, 2014
    The intense game-play, the weapons... The teamwork all just fits together in harmony when playing L4D2... I really wish a few things would change however these things are not even worth saying... Seriously good game and a worth sequel to L4D1.!
  59. Jun 5, 2014
    A really fun game to play with friends. It really gets my heart racing at some points (especially witches, whoa). It's an exciting game, that isn't hard at all to pick up on, especially with other people. Careful with friendly fire though, I got yelled at a lot for that. The only downside was that I haven't really played it in a while, it's not something I'm always in the mood for.
  60. Jun 5, 2014
    One of the most fun games I ever had the enjoyment to play, released just a year or so after the prequel as well. After very extensive playing however (2000+ hours), the game starts to lose It's charm sharply thanks to lacking polish. The network can be VERY sketchy (especially If you try to melee pouncing hunters, etc) and most of the community these days are all premade ultra tryhardsOne of the most fun games I ever had the enjoyment to play, released just a year or so after the prequel as well. After very extensive playing however (2000+ hours), the game starts to lose It's charm sharply thanks to lacking polish. The network can be VERY sketchy (especially If you try to melee pouncing hunters, etc) and most of the community these days are all premade ultra tryhards searching for public lobbies to bully. Expand
  61. May 28, 2014
    Ahh remember when valve still made games? Loved this game and series. Probably one of the better multiplayer experiences I've had, when you have a good and functional team on either side it can be such a rush. Really needed intelligent ranking team pairing though.

The modded servers are absolutely stupid 90 percent of the time but I made an effort to get banned from them all.
  62. May 28, 2014
    Left4Dead2 Created in best traditions of Cooperative games,play only and only with friend!My Metascore 10/10.On steam i played 1,200 hours.The best FPS game with zombies!
  63. May 11, 2014
    Simply fantastic; the horde zoombies attacks is a classic scene that is used over and over and never makes you tired. It's a thriller that makes you creep and laughing at the same time. It's so good that makes the storyline absolutely dispensable!
  64. May 2, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Hi I like this game where zombies going crazy
    what's more cool pictures and I just had before the download in steam and cool cool
    and the most I like is the jockey and charger
    and for my only home game
  65. May 1, 2014
    Being new to the Left 4 Dead games - and PC gaming in general - I was unsure what to expect. However, after raking in nearly 20 hours of playtime in a single weekend it is easy to say that L4D2 is ridiculously good fun. The campaign contains multiple missions which can be played cooperatively or alone (if you're brave enough!) Out of all of the thrilling moments that the game has to offer;Being new to the Left 4 Dead games - and PC gaming in general - I was unsure what to expect. However, after raking in nearly 20 hours of playtime in a single weekend it is easy to say that L4D2 is ridiculously good fun. The campaign contains multiple missions which can be played cooperatively or alone (if you're brave enough!) Out of all of the thrilling moments that the game has to offer; running along the roller coaster in 'Dark Carnival' quickly became the highlight for me.

If the campaign feels repetitive, there are many other exciting game modes available that allow you to play alongside other players online or as a competitive special infected zombie. The witch is an iconic zombie within the game that can quickly lead a group to panic as suspenseful music thickens the atmosphere. Although the game was released nearly five years ago, their is still an active community which will keep you entertained for hours. Definitely worth a play!
  66. May 1, 2014
    This game is just an incredibly fun game. I don't think I've ever played an FPS game quite like this one. The community may be horrible but it's still fun, especially if you're playing with friends.
    My only problem with this is that the community is absolutely terrible. They votekick you for not having more than 1,000 hours of playtime. But then again, that's hardly the game's fault, it's more of the people's fault, so if you get this game I recommend playing with people you know.
  67. Apr 22, 2014
    Left 4 Dead 2 has gotten a lot of flak for its similarity to the first game, but I think Valve made the right move in making it just how they did. Here's why:

REPLAY VALUE: - The first game was not very long, but it had replay value, the second game is essentially the first game with more levels, new levels, new characters, new dialogue, new weapons and enemies and mechanics, etc. The

REPLAY VALUE:
    - The first game was not very long, but it had replay value, the second game is essentially the first game with more levels, new levels, new characters, new dialogue, new weapons and enemies and mechanics, etc. The first game was a smashing success, so if the second was why would they change that much in the sequel?

NEW MECHANICS:
    - The guns, special devices, and melee weapons all have a very nice, "clean," feel to them. There's almost no "wind-up," so every swing, shot, and throw feels responsive. This is something many developers overlook when making games, and it's incredibly important to have the feel right.

NEW WEAPONS:
    - The arsenal from L4D was one of the more boring parts of the game. L4D2 has more than doubled the amount of weapons, whilst keeping the originals for old fans.

STEAM WORKSHOP:
    - Don't like the level selection? The skins are boring you? Then modify them with minimal effort by utilizing Steam Workshop, which is home to thousands of custom, user-made skins.

There really isn't much to complain about.
  68. Apr 21, 2014
    one of the best cooperative games ever, and it has zombies. Awesome. it uses the same engine as other valve games of course, which has a specific charm that I love even though it is not graphically beautiful. its not a realistic zombie game either, but its not intended to be, its intention is to be a fun destroy all sons of **** kind of game, which succeeds in wonderfully. Valve is knownone of the best cooperative games ever, and it has zombies. Awesome. it uses the same engine as other valve games of course, which has a specific charm that I love even though it is not graphically beautiful. its not a realistic zombie game either, but its not intended to be, its intention is to be a fun destroy all sons of **** kind of game, which succeeds in wonderfully. Valve is known to give great story telling as well, which it doesn't do in this game, but still awesome even though not necessarily a masterpiece Expand
  69. Apr 19, 2014
    I'm not really the one for blogging, but my professor for one of my college classes asked that I write an Essay review of a video game or movie that I like or dislike. I decided to go with my favorite game, L4D2.

Having been a huge fan of the original Left 4 Dead, I was looking forward to playing its next game, filled with new infected, new survives and new maps to play as well as new features. Aside from the few bugs (and lately playable zombie glitches and unfair favoring by the game during V.S) It is over all my favorite game of all time. Now, there are some things that keep it from being absolutely perfect in my book. The game seems to favor teams ins the V.S match, and the once overpowered Charger has become extremely inaccurate and mostly passes right threw the survives without catching them like it should.

On another note, It pleases me greatly with the PC game's updates. There are now more sayings that the characters like Coach, Ellis, Nick and Roshelle speak out during the game. They have become slightly more vulgar, and a lot more funny in terms of Ellis's random stories with "his buddy Keith" Im delighted to see such an improvement in their voice acting scripts. By far, my favorite saying is Coach's Cotton Candy speech during the Carnival campaign. Sitting on top of the food pyramid, passing judgement on all the lesser foods. Haha, gets me every time!

The game itself is amazing. Its graphics have a good, on the edge of your seat, feel to them. I play almost every night if I can with friends. For PC, people come up with amazing mods for it too! Skins and sounds for both characters and infected, as well as new downloadable maps and weapon skins. One of my favorites is the Pokemon "Gotta Cath'em all" theme song that plays every time the Tank appears in game. The freedom to mod such a good game makes it constantly refreshing. Another one I adore is a skin for the Smoker. This mod turns the Smoker into Slenderman. Always a thrill!

The L4D series should come out with another game, and soon! There are always constant ideas spilling out for new infected. There is always room to improve, even when a game is as good as this one. I'll never stop playing!
  70. Apr 16, 2014
    An amazing game, I could play it all day (but I don't have the time, lol). This game kicks ass and it has humor in it too! I recommend getting it on Steam for full experience!
  71. Apr 15, 2014
    This game on PC is where you can get the most for your money, steam workshop and mod support increase the games experience by miles. The game is very fun and yet encourages good team work overall. the enemas are well spread out through out the game, rather than 7 tanks coming at you at once.
  72. Apr 6, 2014
    a very fun multiplayer game. But that's it. its a multiplayer game.

That means that you will enjoy it with friends, until everybody finds a new or better game, so little to no-re-playability.
  73. Mar 16, 2014
    The most repetitive game of all time. Every level feels the same, every time you play the same things happen, just with different people and weapons. There's no story to it so the campaign just drags on endlessly with no motivation at all.

I seriously don't get why all my friend's want to play this all the time. *sigh*
  74. Mar 8, 2014
    This is great fun to play with the steam workshop and l4dmaps.com mods and would be a 10/10, but without mods the game can get quite repetitive. The only good non-modded level is Dark Carnival.
  75. Feb 26, 2014
    I gave this a 9...because of the online and mutliplayer...which are close to 10s imo.

The solo campaign is an eight. Still fun but does not shine the same.

There is nothing bad to say about the multiplayer. It is fast, fun, crazy and just as good as Left for Dead 1.
    For me, L4D 1 and 2 are the genre definer in FPS / Zombie / Survival.
  76. Feb 24, 2014
    This game is awesome. So Very Cleverly Designed off the HL2 engine. It has one hell of a Co Op with some very talented artificial intelligence, where if you don't like online, or just want to play with one friend. You can kick some Major Butt. If you go online expect some noobishness. But if you find a good crew, work together, talk on the Mic, you can get through these challenges.This game is awesome. So Very Cleverly Designed off the HL2 engine. It has one hell of a Co Op with some very talented artificial intelligence, where if you don't like online, or just want to play with one friend. You can kick some Major Butt. If you go online expect some noobishness. But if you find a good crew, work together, talk on the Mic, you can get through these challenges. Some are outright insane with the Amount of Zombies to Kill. So much fun. Now lets go kill some zombies. remember rule number 1. Cardio. and of course. always, double tap. Expand
  77. Feb 13, 2014
    This is very good game. It has a lot of mods wich makes it even better. If you play it with your friends you need a lot of time to get bored of it but in about a month you come back to play and it gets cool again and you just can't stop playing it. Game sometimes (very rare times) lags or it just crahes but that's not a problem. You did great work Valve.
  78. Feb 9, 2014
    Amazing game, very creative. I cannot wait for the 3rd version to come out, hopefully containing many more weapons, infected character, humans, maps and game modes!
  79. Feb 8, 2014
    Well, it has a very fascinating multiplayer. You can spend hours easily and don't even notice. It has so many mods and maps and they're all great, you'll never be bored. It's really entertaining but I can't say the same thing to single player. After all, forget the single player. Multiplayer will be enough for you. My score is 9 out of 10.
  80. Jan 21, 2014
    As someone who has never owned the original L4D, this game was amazing. Fantastically balanced levels and a strong emphasis on teamwork. And if you (like me) never bought the original, all those maps are now in the game.
    One downside is that the Australian and German versions were censored ( D: ), the other downside is that the graphics kinda suck ( 2006 standard), but it was obvious that they were too busy polishing everything to a blinding shine.
  81. Jan 13, 2014
    A entertaining multiplayer game and a good price on Steam. Very entertaining and provides hours of endless zombie killing fun. Has many different weapons, zombies, and game modes. Definitely worth your time and money!
  82. Dec 30, 2013
    joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joyajoya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya Expand
  83. Dec 30, 2013
    For a newbie to PC FPS games, I gotta say, Left 4 Dead 2 is definitely one of the most fun games I have played for the first time. It has great characters, marvelous imagery, incredibly detailed effects, and even more fun than chopping a zombie's head off. Or not.
  84. Dec 28, 2013
    I got this for free with the Steam christmas giveaway, but I didn't enjoy it at all for several reasons:

* Low violence version. They make a game about zombie slaughtering and then self-censor it for certain countries. Why? Not that violence is the only thing that matters in a game, but it's weird as hell when the things you shoot just disappear. * Weapons can't be zoomed. Shooting

* Weapons can't be zoomed. Shooting just doesn't feel right and surprisingly that's one of the most important aspects of a first person shooter.
    * No character advancement. You run through the levels and there are the same weapons everywhere. Killing Floor, where you can get better equipment the more zombies you kill, does it much better. You also can't customize your character's look.
    * Zombies are too fast. Even for fast zombies, these zombies are a little too fast.

Get Killing Floor instead, it's much better.
  85. ERB
    Dec 3, 2013
    Left 4 Dead 2 is no doubt a great sequel upon the original Left 4 Dead 1.Left 4 Dead still looks the same as Left 4 Dead 1 but the biggest difference between these 2 is that The game play in Left 4 Dead 2 is better than that of Left 4 Dead 1 and there are new campaigns and maps in here.Especially The Dark Carnival campaign.The Carnival campaign is fun to play and this is my favoriteLeft 4 Dead 2 is no doubt a great sequel upon the original Left 4 Dead 1.Left 4 Dead still looks the same as Left 4 Dead 1 but the biggest difference between these 2 is that The game play in Left 4 Dead 2 is better than that of Left 4 Dead 1 and there are new campaigns and maps in here.Especially The Dark Carnival campaign.The Carnival campaign is fun to play and this is my favorite map.There are even more zombies here added in this game.Like the Jockey.The Jockey is like Left 4 Dead 1's hunter but the difference between the Hunter and The Jockey is that the hunter can jump very high like an assassin who will get you from above and once he catches you he will trap you and keep attacking you until you die unless someone saves you and kills the hunter.The Jockey is a zombie that cannot jump high but he or she is one of the scariest disturbing zombies I have ever seen in games.The Jockey is a zombie that laughs scary and once he or she catches you he will do a horse ride on you and while he is on top of you riding you,you will be like be under his control and he can force you to go where It likes to go and while he is riding you he will be attacking you in the head until you die or get saved by a team mate.

The Spitter is also a new zombie which spits green goo at you and even if your just standing in the goo you will get intense damage and you will die if you stay under the goo for too long.The Charger is also a new zombie which looks a little like the strongest zombie in this game The Tank.Now the charger charges at you and if you got caught by him he will choke you and slam you to the ground until you die.

Those are some of the new zombies in this game.Now lets talk about the characters in this game.In Left 4 Dead 1 there is Bill,Francis,Zoey, And Louis.In Left 4 Dead 2 you will have some new characters here.The new characters are Coach,Nick,Rochelle,and Ellis.Those are the new characters in this game.

Lets talk more about the game.The game play is not the only thing good about this game but the story in this game is good as well.I can't tell the story because maybe you will now about it and you will lose interest in this game.The game is fun and enjoyable especially the multiplayer.You can either be a zombie or a survivor in this multiplayer game.Which is fun!Left 4 Dead 2 is a great sequel and it gets a 10/10 from me.A great score for this game.This game is fun and I recommend you gamers to buy this awesome game and try playing It.I promise you this game is fun and you will enjoy this game.
  86. Nov 30, 2013
    This is a strong sequel that adds some good new features without changing the fundamentals of the original. There are new items, weapons, characters, weapons, levels and the like as well as new music. The only real problem is that the core experience tends to get quite repetitive as all you're really doing is shooting, shooting and more shooting to get to the safe house or rescue point.This is a strong sequel that adds some good new features without changing the fundamentals of the original. There are new items, weapons, characters, weapons, levels and the like as well as new music. The only real problem is that the core experience tends to get quite repetitive as all you're really doing is shooting, shooting and more shooting to get to the safe house or rescue point. However, the experience is great for the most part and can definitely be a whole lot of fun, especially with friends in co-op. Expand
  87. Nov 29, 2013
    One of the best cooperative games I have ever played.This title is one of the best Valve games it has good graphics,good optimization and a lot of updates,campaigns and modes also it has workshop.You should definitely try it!
  88. Nov 28, 2013
    7.5/10.
    It's a fun game, not too special.
    Story isn't interesting, and the online is dull after just a few game sessions.
    Graphics are quite nice, the variety of zombies is quite fun, weaponry is nice as well.
    The game is mostly fun to play with a few friends.
    Not a special game, but it is kind of a defining point in zombie gaming.
  89. Nov 24, 2013
    Best co-op game I have played ever. The best part for co-op is that you don't need to be good at it to play. Cause even the strongest player will need your help at times.
  90. Nov 23, 2013
    This is a pretty well crafted game, with an optimal amount of fun to be had with the right groups. However my biggest beef has to be that theres a poor balancing system and you often have 1 godly team stomping 1 bad team.

Other than that, single player mode types get boring pretty quickly, but theyre fun while they last,
  91. Nov 18, 2013
    Single Player/Multi Player (2/2)

(If the single player is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no multplayer) (If the multiplayer is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no single player) Gameplay (2/2) Visuals/Story (1/2) (If the visuals are better than the story, review this section as if it had no story) (If the story is
    Single Player/Multi Player (2/2)

Gameplay (2/2)

Visuals/Story (1/2)

Accessibility/Longevity (2/2)

Pricing (2/2)

Wildcard (+1)

92. Nov 15, 2013
    I wouldnt call it as an sequel. Rather an expansion. Because Valve threw all that stuff that was supposed to come into L4D1 to L4D2 thus making it a new game. That made many scratch theyr heads, Why the F did i buy the first game then to begin with? But it had drawbacks. The characters were simply boring. The originals were so different yet they connected perfectly. Campaigns didnt haveI wouldnt call it as an sequel. Rather an expansion. Because Valve threw all that stuff that was supposed to come into L4D1 to L4D2 thus making it a new game. That made many scratch theyr heads, Why the F did i buy the first game then to begin with? But it had drawbacks. The characters were simply boring. The originals were so different yet they connected perfectly. Campaigns didnt have that dark atmosphere that the first game delivered. Sure you got melee weapons which most people swap with the deagle anyway. New infected. And survival was swapped with gathering gas cans. The only plus side is the modding community that sadly swapped from L4D to L4D2 thus creating more campaigns and keeping the game alive. But it was still rushed to make some quick easy bucks... Expand
  93. Oct 31, 2013
    Since this came out a mere year after Left4Dead 1, it angered a lot of the players of the first game, me included.
    I did not want 4 new characters, especially ones as uninteresting as these, I didn't want to plop down another $40 for a sequel when the first was still relatively new and I didn't want it set during the daytime.
    However, if you are able to set all that aside and just look

However, if you are able to set all that aside and just look at the game play, it IS still pretty fun.

Here's what's great:
    - Melee weapons! This should have been in the original and really fill things out.
    - Scripted campaigns. Very foolishly cut from the original game.
    - Ability to restart a particular map without restarting the whole campaign. This alleviates much of the problem of griefers.
    - Uncommon infected. A nice touch that makes each map feel more unique.
    - Mutations. Great way to mix things up
    - Player mods. Some of the player-made maps are even better than the ones in the game.

Here's what sucks
    - High-tech military weapons. This greatly detracts from the mood that these are just 4 random people fighting with whatever was lying around at the time.
    - Jockeys! Are you friggin kidding me? Stupid looking model, stupid special power, stupidly hard to kill.
    - AI. WOW did the AI get dumber! In the first game the bots would at least respond when you got attacked, now they just stand there looking at you half the time.

So is it worth buying? Well from at 2013 perspective after all the player mods and other stuff that has been added I would say YES, although the way this was handled is definitely a black mark on Valve.
    I also hate, hate, hate the jockys! They are silly, their special ability is even sillier and they are silly-hard to kill. It felt like these things were crammed-in just to expand the inventory when
  94. Oct 29, 2013
    Left 4 Dead 2 is probably the best co-op experience you can find. It throws you into the zombie apocalypse, where you have to work with others to survive. Gameplay wise, it is challenging as the many special infected ambush you from all sides, and the annoying common infected just keep coming. Weapons and ammo stacks are scattered for you to find. Gameplay might be slightly repetitive butLeft 4 Dead 2 is probably the best co-op experience you can find. It throws you into the zombie apocalypse, where you have to work with others to survive. Gameplay wise, it is challenging as the many special infected ambush you from all sides, and the annoying common infected just keep coming. Weapons and ammo stacks are scattered for you to find. Gameplay might be slightly repetitive but it doesn't harm that much overall when you play with friends.

Looking at story, you would think that zombie games don't need story to be great. In this case, it is somewhat true. The story is tiny, saying that New Orleans is a safe zone, and the survivors head there. At the same time, you learn more about the people you are playing as and with. The game is also not short on humour with some weird stories of Ellis' friend Keith to the alerts and jokes made by the survivors.

There are many things that are improved upon from Left 4 Dead, improving the AI, adding fresh new zombies to battle and using several techniques to control your weapon choice, and of course melee weapons are added. After that, Valve does an excellent move by taking all the campaigns and characters from the original, add the new mechanics and improvements and put it into one game as a free DLC. A smart and clever move by Valve.

Not forgetting replayability, where the game gets a bit boring after completing all campaigns. However, hopping into the game with friends is always fun and fresh, and you can choose to cooperate or leave each other for dead.

But all this cannot be as great without the giant modding community. The modding community adds many things including humour through character skins, new campaigns to keep you in the game, and small modifications to minor things. With the SDK, many types of weird mods can be created, including mods to change the special infected appearance, alter the music, weapon skins, right down to animations. All this keeps the game fresh and easy to get back to. And it is made easier with the Steam Workshop.

Often updated with new features like mutations, Valve allows you to return to the game with ease. All this plus intense zombie action gives you the grand co-op experience. Play with a friend or alone, it doesn't matter as both will prove fun and satisfying. Grab Left 4 Dead 2 on Steam or try it out during a free weekend.
  95. Oct 29, 2013
    This is by no means a terrible game, however, it is incredibly overrated. The shooting mechanics are pretty sub-par and the inability to aim down your site is a tad disappointing. The overall pace of the game is nice and fast pace, as a zombie survival game should be. The characters in my honest opinion are terrible, and completely unrelateable (except for Coach... i like coach). AThis is by no means a terrible game, however, it is incredibly overrated. The shooting mechanics are pretty sub-par and the inability to aim down your site is a tad disappointing. The overall pace of the game is nice and fast pace, as a zombie survival game should be. The characters in my honest opinion are terrible, and completely unrelateable (except for Coach... i like coach). A very strong "fun but overhyped" feeling. Expand
  96. Oct 27, 2013
    Doesn't do anything that couldn't have been achieved with a Left 4 Dead Expansion.

Hopefully, Left 4 Dead 3 will actually add something new to the series.
  97. Oct 23, 2013
    Valve seemed to rush about publishing this title, mentioning that there's not much changes disappointingly. Not much additions have been added, despite some changes on weaponry, characters, special infected and maps. It also manages to feel relatively the same as it's predecessor, meaning that this game would be fantastic as a DLC. But, if you're able to avoid thinking about the lack ofValve seemed to rush about publishing this title, mentioning that there's not much changes disappointingly. Not much additions have been added, despite some changes on weaponry, characters, special infected and maps. It also manages to feel relatively the same as it's predecessor, meaning that this game would be fantastic as a DLC. But, if you're able to avoid thinking about the lack of innovation, you are going to have a blast. But, be sure to bring a friend with you to really achieve the satisfaction of winning a game, because playing alone, while fun, it gets stale.
    The variety of guns is rather huge, and melee weapons are added to this sequel too. There's not much change on guns, but the addition of melee weapons is rewarding. They are fun and satisfying to use.
    Special infected appear in this game, with some more types of them. They are satisfying to kill, and they have their unique abilities for attacking the players. Along with the common zombies, all of them are rewarding to kill.
    Making strategy is the smartest and the best way to survive. It's ultimately unforgettable when you make strategy with your friends, and actually winning the level.
    This game would score an eight, if not of this negative: the lack of level variation.
    Blasting through zombies, while fun at first, it can get monotone doing the same thing every time. Why don't you add an interesting twist on the level, and not doing the same thing every time It's disappointing to see this issue, and I hope they'll fix this in Left 4 Dead 3. Well, if it's going to be out in the first place.
    Left 4 Dead 2, despite having a lack of innovation and level variation, it's brutally entertaining for both casual and hardcore players. (Final Score: 7.67)
  98. Oct 9, 2013
    Amazing game, great community and many modifications that can completely change your game style from a new skin to a completely new campaign. This game is great to play with a friend because well your teaming up to kill zombies! Cooperation is a huge thing in this game you run off to far ahead you die you don't talk to your teammates about strategies you die, you don't share supplies withAmazing game, great community and many modifications that can completely change your game style from a new skin to a completely new campaign. This game is great to play with a friend because well your teaming up to kill zombies! Cooperation is a huge thing in this game you run off to far ahead you die you don't talk to your teammates about strategies you die, you don't share supplies with your teammates they die which means you have a better chance of being killed in the long run every second counts in the game and I think its a perfect combination of a horror/survival game to a cooperation game Expand
  99. Oct 1, 2013
    Left 4 Dead 2 brings everything great from the first one and adds more to it. With 4 new characters (who i dislike more than the original 4), new levels, and new special infected. To add to this, they also included the 4 original maps, plus the original characters to play as. The special infected AI is a lot better in this game, and with the addition of more special infected, make theLeft 4 Dead 2 brings everything great from the first one and adds more to it. With 4 new characters (who i dislike more than the original 4), new levels, and new special infected. To add to this, they also included the 4 original maps, plus the original characters to play as. The special infected AI is a lot better in this game, and with the addition of more special infected, make the difficulty of this game higher, which is very nice. Obviously like the first one, this game should be played online, not alone, as the AI stupidity still seems to be relevant. What sends this game so far above the first, is the addition of the Steam Workshop. There are so many addons you can put into the game to have fun and so many maps you can download. This is easily the best multiplayer game I have ever played. Expand
  100. Sep 5, 2013
    It's a fun game with friends that can draw you in for hours on end, but in the end I felt a little disappointed with Left 4 Dead 2. It felt like something that had been rushed out and lacked the polish of Valve's other titles.

L4D2 delivers multiple improvements over its predecessor, and I get to keep all my fingers and toes.
    It remains one of the most distinctive co-operative titles out there, and allows for some of the most nerve-searing team-based multiplayer gaming on the market.
  3. Whereas once we treated Left 4 Dead as a stopgap between Half-Lifes, this is no longer a weird little side project with modest expectations, and Valve is confident enough to play around with it, safe in the knowledge that you can trust your players. Left 4 Dead proved it. And whereas that game had a personality, this one is overflowing with it.