Legend of Dungeon PC

7.5

1. Dec 28, 2013
    A very simple arcade, "grab-bag" style game, where you do the same general thing on each playthrough: You simply start at level 1, and go as deep in the dungeon as you can, encountering progressively more difficult monsters, and gaining better weapons. Even though you do the same thing each play, the dungeon is completely randomized and you'll spend a good amount of time discovering newA very simple arcade, "grab-bag" style game, where you do the same general thing on each playthrough: You simply start at level 1, and go as deep in the dungeon as you can, encountering progressively more difficult monsters, and gaining better weapons. Even though you do the same thing each play, the dungeon is completely randomized and you'll spend a good amount of time discovering new small tricks or interesting features. The items can be unbalanced at times, and the monsters can sometimes be down-right way too hard, but overall I got a good amount of play time out of this, and plan on playing it more in the near future. The best quality to this game is that you can just pick it up, play through it once, and put it back down. It doesn't require a large attention span which is good if you're someone like me. Expand
  2. Sep 17, 2013
    I have to say playing this game brings back memories of playing Gateway to Apshai and Sword of Fargoal on the Commodore 64 back in high school. I think the developers took a somewhat simple game and turned it into a lot of fun.

I only wish there was a save game option since not everyone has time to sit and play until the end game.
  3. Dec 27, 2013
    A very simple hack and slash with randomized levels of a dungeon containing either weapons, hats(armor), potions, or senseless and random kittens... Paid $1.49 for this game on a steam sale, which is less than my daily coffee and I get to keep this forever. So value-wise I'm not complaining! Not the strongest replay value, however it does for some reason make you want to get on that topA very simple hack and slash with randomized levels of a dungeon containing either weapons, hats(armor), potions, or senseless and random kittens... Paid $1.49 for this game on a steam sale, which is less than my daily coffee and I get to keep this forever. So value-wise I'm not complaining! Not the strongest replay value, however it does for some reason make you want to get on that top 1000 chart! Expand
  4. Jan 11, 2014
    The Good...
    - Lots of play value. Since the game is quite difficult and relies on some randomness it's highly unlikely anyone will be able to beat this on their first play through.
    - Nice variety of items and monsters - Great pacing. New monsters, items and random NPC events are revealed in such a way that keeps the game interesting. The Bad... - Some people would complain that
    The Good...
    - Nice variety of items and monsters

The Bad...
    - Some people would complain that there isn't much difference in the look of the dungeon as your progress other than lighting. All rooms feel fairly similar.
    - Currently there is no save feature... Which wouldn't be a problem other than a good run can last upwards of 4 hours. But apparently a save feature is something in the works though.
    - Only local co-op.

Conclusion...
    - Worth picking up. I certainly feel like I got my money's worth.
  5. Feb 17, 2015
    If you play it on your monitor it is 5 at best. Game is ok If you are into pixel art and not knowing what items do.

Then you play in VR it adds a lot, implementation is OK (not great follow camera causes slight motion sickness).+1
    VR adds a lot to dungeon crawlers feeling of being in dark, gloomy place sucks you in and +1 for that (can't wait for Diablo/Torchlight in VR).

1. Oct 31, 2013
    Even though the game’s weak attempts at humor work better when you play it with friends, compared to Magicka, Legend of Dungeon is still a snoozefest.
  2. Oct 23, 2013
    Developed on the base of rogue-like genre, Legend of Dungeon is designed for the arcade game and complex challenges lovers, where the skill is not enough if it's not also accompanied by a good dose of luck.
  3. Oct 14, 2013
    Legend of Dungeon is fun to play, but it's a game that you're unlikely to actually finish without trying a great number of times. And since you can't save your game, each attempt is a fresh start. The question is whether you'll continue to enjoy the game's randomness long enough to attempt it that many times.