7.6

1. Jul 24, 2014
    hellhoundpro you need to grow up kid.this game is awesome and person who are not in "gaming" world will never understand the soul of this game,like many other games.Graphic is not everything now you have games with 20-40 even gb of hard disk space with story 5-10 hours max.

This game is masterpiece after some updates,and its addictive playing on 2 keyboards with 4 people
    (you just
    need to know how to configure hotkeys correctly-2 players each keyboard). Expand
  2. Jan 11, 2014
    The Good... - Lots of play value. Since the game is quite difficult and relies on some randomness it's highly unlikely anyone will be able to beat this on their first play through. - Nice variety of items and monsters - Great pacing. New monsters, items and random NPC events are revealed in such a way that keeps the game interesting. The Bad... - Some people would complain that there isn't much difference in the look of the dungeon as your progress other than lighting. All rooms feel fairly similar.
    - Currently there is no save feature... Which wouldn't be a problem other than a good run can last upwards of 4 hours. But apparently a save feature is something in the works though.
    - Only local co-op.

Conclusion...
    - Worth picking up. I certainly feel like I got my money's worth.
  3. Dec 31, 2013
    This game is fun and simple.
    The really simple (battle) mechanics are balanced by a bunch of different random hats and weapons that appear, some are useful, some are funny and some are just a joke.
    Latest patch have improved hitbox and controls.
    The game is really simple but is filled with smart humor and it's fun at the end.
    don't expect complex mechanics, its more of a casual
    rogue-like dungeon game than anything else,
    but still fun.
    The only mayor problem I find is that there is no save; play a bit and go is impossible.
    also later patch have introduced new game dungeon modes, for free.
  4. Dec 28, 2013
    A very simple arcade, "grab-bag" style game, where you do the same general thing on each playthrough: You simply start at level 1, and go as deep in the dungeon as you can, encountering progressively more difficult monsters, and gaining better weapons. Even though you do the same thing each play, the dungeon is completely randomized and you'll spend a good amount of time discovering new small tricks or interesting features. The items can be unbalanced at times, and the monsters can sometimes be down-right way too hard, but overall I got a good amount of play time out of this, and plan on playing it more in the near future. The best quality to this game is that you can just pick it up, play through it once, and put it back down. It doesn't require a large attention span which is good if you're someone like me. Expand
  5. Dec 28, 2013
    You really need to understand the game to appreciate it, A great game, so much to the point that I got an account on metacritic just to show my support.
  6. Dec 27, 2013
    A very simple hack and slash with randomized levels of a dungeon containing either weapons, hats(armor), potions, or senseless and random kittens... Paid $1.49 for this game on a steam sale, which is less than my daily coffee and I get to keep this forever. So value-wise I'm not complaining! Not the strongest replay value, however it does for some reason make you want to get on that top 1000 chart! Expand
  7. Dec 26, 2013
    This game was very surprising for me.

Pros +
    Game music is not usually something you notice in a game, but the music in this game really stood out.

The randomized dungeon system keeps the game interesting

The graphics are creative and colorful.

cons-
    The item system is confusing, you can only scroll through using one button.

Hard to tell what items are/do.

Only one attack.
  8. Oct 13, 2013
    This game is terrible. Please ignore the majority of these positive reviews, most are written by people who created an account, reviewed this game immediately and then never did anything else. Sketchy A perfect ten with a review that is basically a commercial listing features Yeah ok nice try.

Anyway, I really wanted to like this game but other than the graphics theres nothing
    original or even worth mentioning. The combat is a step below flash games, the sound is nothing write home about and its just SO incredibly tedious and boring. Honestly the critics were gentle with this game. Avoid at all cost. Collapse
  9. Sep 28, 2013
    I absolutely love this game. While it's fun for anyone to play, I think this game will resonate the most with people who are old enough to have played with the C64 when they were young. I think most of the reviewers are not really 'getting' it. It is also very reminiscent of a game like Hack, with randomized dungeons, and all sorts of loot and potions to discover. It's old-school gaming, endless fun. Expand
  10. Sep 17, 2013
    I have to say playing this game brings back memories of playing Gateway to Apshai and Sword of Fargoal on the Commodore 64 back in high school. I think the developers took a somewhat simple game and turned it into a lot of fun.

I only wish there was a save game option since not everyone has time to sit and play until the end game.
  11. Sep 16, 2013
    Its a nice little game that is just a beautiful yet simple hack and slash where you don't have anything like classes or ability branches, but is reduced to the basic concept of wander a dungeon and collect loot. It also helps that you never really know what to expect in it the music is very special in the fact that it is randomly generated yet still very nice and dungeon runs can vary from finding a demon axe that does 80+ damage and increases movement speed, or finding a minotaur blocking your path to the next lower level.its a very pixely game yet it still accomplishes a somewhat above average lighting engine. LoD is not only a fun to play game but fun to look at, its a very colorful game and it has a highly unique style and theme to it. Expand
  12. Sep 15, 2013
    Few modern roguelikes manage to keep so many of the features that define the genre, and still manage to be so fresh, vibrant, and fun. At times downright silly, always challenging, and feverishly addictive, Legend of Dungeon sets a new benchmark for coffee-break roguelikes. The stunning lighting, brilliant colors, and deceptively-simple mechanics bring wide-appeal to the once-obscure, hardcore-only genre. With full gamepad support, up to 4-player (local-only) co-op, online and local leaderboards, and mountains of cuddly kittens, RobotLovesKitty threw in everything but the kitchen sink, (which may or may not be added as a weapon in a future update.) The married-dev-duo's passion for old-school beat 'em ups, roguelikes, and wonderfully-lit pixel art culminate in a bewildering spectacle of light and magic no gamer should miss. If you're a fan of wearing-cats-as-hats, permadeath, pretty colors, dark dungeons, shoulder-punching co-op sessions, and running screaming from hell-spawned monsters, this is the game for you. Look no further; Legend of Dungeon is roguelike perfected. Expand
  13. Oct 13, 2013

1. Oct 31, 2013
    Even though the game’s weak attempts at humor work better when you play it with friends, compared to Magicka, Legend of Dungeon is still a snoozefest.
  2. Oct 23, 2013
    Developed on the base of rogue-like genre, Legend of Dungeon is designed for the arcade game and complex challenges lovers, where the skill is not enough if it's not also accompanied by a good dose of luck.
  3. Oct 14, 2013
    Legend of Dungeon is fun to play, but it's a game that you're unlikely to actually finish without trying a great number of times. And since you can't save your game, each attempt is a fresh start. The question is whether you'll continue to enjoy the game's randomness long enough to attempt it that many times.