Legends of Pegasus PC

• Release Date: Aug 14, 2012
1.5

Overwhelming dislike- based on 113 Ratings

1. Aug 14, 2012
    Seems to be a trend now days to release 4x games totally broken, I don't know the story behind the scenes as to why LOP was released this way, but for them to post "The flood of problems has really surprised us" is a joke, at release the 1st episode that is a tutorial I encountered 4!! yes 4 game stopping bugs, everything from missing waypoints and stations not building to missing requiredSeems to be a trend now days to release 4x games totally broken, I don't know the story behind the scenes as to why LOP was released this way, but for them to post "The flood of problems has really surprised us" is a joke, at release the 1st episode that is a tutorial I encountered 4!! yes 4 game stopping bugs, everything from missing waypoints and stations not building to missing required tech.... and if that was a surprise then they did no testing, at least some others I could name who released games unfinished have at least admitted it and not posted statements that insult our intelligence.

That said I think it
  2. Aug 14, 2012
    Legends of Pegasus has the potential to be a good game. But from what I've had opportunity to play so far it seems like it's in need of another few months of development and polish. I'm no newb at these sorts of games, but it's missing some of the features we've become accustomed to from games like Civilisation. The graphics are also a far-cry from what I was expecting (they wouldn't beLegends of Pegasus has the potential to be a good game. But from what I've had opportunity to play so far it seems like it's in need of another few months of development and polish. I'm no newb at these sorts of games, but it's missing some of the features we've become accustomed to from games like Civilisation. The graphics are also a far-cry from what I was expecting (they wouldn't be out of place from one of the later X-Com games), especially the planetary construction view.

The biggest issue I've had with it so far is the fact that you need an active internet connection to even start a single player game. Which thanks to issues with my Killer 2100 network card meant it took me a couple of days to work out what was affecting it. I've had to resort to using my motherboard's on-board NIC to get the game running.

In closing: Don't rule out this game yet, give it several months an hopefully it'll be in better shape.
  3. Aug 24, 2012
    This game shows promise but unfortunately has been made by a developer which has no idea what its doing. While the game is playable to a degree it does crash every hour. For me no problems occurred expect from crashing and some minor issues like Small and Large Repair docks being called Repair Dock with no hint of their size.

Game show promise but it should be given over to a more

Game show promise but it should be given over to a more experienced company to finish. This is NovaCore Studios first game and hopefully their last.
  4. Aug 13, 2012
    I was so insulted by this game that I opened a tech support ticket with Metacritic to fix the release date so I could submit a review.

It started with the account sign-up. This is not uncommon, but I have no clue why they required me to sign up for an account for a mostly single player game. I tolerate other games with this requirement, but I never like it. Especially when the game is part of an established always-on network, like Steam. For me, the game has a lot of bugs and glitches. I ran into recoverable freezes at several points, including adjusting the volume. Several camera keys just didn't work at some points and basic polish was lacking. For example, Esc opens the menu but no key closes it. Basic feedback on actions is nonexistent. I tried repairing ships several times but nothing ever happened. Each time, the unit confirmation sound played and nothing ever happened - I still don't know why.

While on the subject of the unit confirmation noises, these have to be the worst part of the game. The confirmation and acknowledgement sounds seem to be pieced together from various sound bytes to sound like military chatter. It sounds terrible because each sound byte is said in a different yet still monotonous tone. The chatter is also constant in a battle. Cries of "Shield stress levels are very high!" abound, even when shields all seems pretty relaxed.

The game play is very slow paced. I spent 60-70 turns just hitting the End Turn key before I even got to some basic story. I realize that 4X games tend to be on the slow side but there is usually lots to see and do while you wait for things to pick up. LoP has very little in the way of management and information screens to browse and tweak.

This was touted as Sins of a Solar Empire but with a single player campaign and story. The intro was a black background with voice-over and text. I really would have liked to see THAT game. The game just kind of dumps you into a situation with little background and starts into the first few missions. After almost an hour of game play, I saw some proper story sequences. The dramatic tension of the entire story went down the toilet for me when they demanded I build a shopping mall before establishing any sort of defenses or governance for my beleaguered colony. Aliens may be attacking but there is this awesome sale at the outlet!

Maybe things speed up later on, maybe the story gets better, maybe I am being harsh because I was very much anticipating a good 4X game with ship customization. I know that with other 4X games like Sins and Homeworld, I was into them from the start. I didn't feel like I had wasted my money. So buy this one at your own risk.

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Feb 6, 2013
    Sadly, technical problems make this game nearly unplayable- it’s like Legends of Pegasus launched half-finished. Somewhere, deep inside, there’s a great game, with an interesting space-opera story, presented like a graphic-novel … but in the end, the worst alien menace in Legends of Pegasus is not the race of X’or or Arthrox but the bugs. And not like the bugs in Starship Troopers… [January 2013]
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Oct 29, 2012
    Legends of Pegasus game is perfect example of how to turn ambitious projects into something you do want to forget as fast as possible. [Oct 2012]
  3. PC PowerPlay
    Oct 11, 2012
    An impenetrable mess with almost nothing to recommend it. Cast this one into the void. [Oct 2012, p.73]