Legends of Pegasus PC

• Release Date: Aug 14, 2012
1.5

Overwhelming dislike- based on 113 Ratings

1. Aug 14, 2012
    Seems to be a trend now days to release 4x games totally broken, I don't know the story behind the scenes as to why LOP was released this way, but for them to post "The flood of problems has really surprised us" is a joke, at release the 1st episode that is a tutorial I encountered 4!! yes 4 game stopping bugs, everything from missing waypoints and stations not building to missing requiredSeems to be a trend now days to release 4x games totally broken, I don't know the story behind the scenes as to why LOP was released this way, but for them to post "The flood of problems has really surprised us" is a joke, at release the 1st episode that is a tutorial I encountered 4!! yes 4 game stopping bugs, everything from missing waypoints and stations not building to missing required tech.... and if that was a surprise then they did no testing, at least some others I could name who released games unfinished have at least admitted it and not posted statements that insult our intelligence.

That said I think it
  2. Aug 14, 2012
    Legends of Pegasus has the potential to be a good game. But from what I've had opportunity to play so far it seems like it's in need of another few months of development and polish. I'm no newb at these sorts of games, but it's missing some of the features we've become accustomed to from games like Civilisation. The graphics are also a far-cry from what I was expecting (they wouldn't beLegends of Pegasus has the potential to be a good game. But from what I've had opportunity to play so far it seems like it's in need of another few months of development and polish. I'm no newb at these sorts of games, but it's missing some of the features we've become accustomed to from games like Civilisation. The graphics are also a far-cry from what I was expecting (they wouldn't be out of place from one of the later X-Com games), especially the planetary construction view.

The biggest issue I've had with it so far is the fact that you need an active internet connection to even start a single player game. Which thanks to issues with my Killer 2100 network card meant it took me a couple of days to work out what was affecting it. I've had to resort to using my motherboard's on-board NIC to get the game running.

In closing: Don't rule out this game yet, give it several months an hopefully it'll be in better shape.
  3. Aug 24, 2012
    This game shows promise but unfortunately has been made by a developer which has no idea what its doing. While the game is playable to a degree it does crash every hour. For me no problems occurred expect from crashing and some minor issues like Small and Large Repair docks being called Repair Dock with no hint of their size.

Game show promise but it should be given over to a more

Game show promise but it should be given over to a more experienced company to finish. This is NovaCore Studios first game and hopefully their last.
  4. Aug 17, 2012
    This is a near direct copy of the game Ascendancy from the 1990s, which is a good thing. However The game has been released in a near Alpha state of development. Everything about it lacks polish, such as difficulty spikes, to game breaking bugs such as this list...

Often crashes after every real time fight as it tries to auto save. Swaps Z/Y keys when naming save games. Can brake your

Often crashes after every real time fight as it tries to auto save.
    Swaps Z/Y keys when naming save games.
    Can brake your game if you colonize the 2nd planet too soon in the first mission.
    Voice acting sounds like William Shattner played by multiple people, both male and female of all ages.
    ASWD keys will stop functioning early into any game. (aswd moves the screen).
    In a real time battle the right mouse will fling your screen to one end of the solar system instead of changing the screen angle.
    And many more!

There have been some patches and I really could love this game, but they had better get on fixing this broken game.. Don't Buy it! I know I regret it..

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Feb 6, 2013
    Sadly, technical problems make this game nearly unplayable- it’s like Legends of Pegasus launched half-finished. Somewhere, deep inside, there’s a great game, with an interesting space-opera story, presented like a graphic-novel … but in the end, the worst alien menace in Legends of Pegasus is not the race of X’or or Arthrox but the bugs. And not like the bugs in Starship Troopers… [January 2013]
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Oct 29, 2012
    Legends of Pegasus game is perfect example of how to turn ambitious projects into something you do want to forget as fast as possible. [Oct 2012]
  3. PC PowerPlay
    Oct 11, 2012
    An impenetrable mess with almost nothing to recommend it. Cast this one into the void. [Oct 2012, p.73]