Legends of Pegasus PC

• Release Date: Aug 14, 2012
1.5

Overwhelming dislike- based on 113 Ratings

1. Feb 26, 2015
    I was excited to see a real time space strategy with lots of achievement on steam and pre-ordered the game for the price of an AAA title. Never again. The game was practically unplayable and buggy; the first patches did nothing valuable. Then the developer filed for bankruptcy with no hope from the community side to make this game ever playable. Unfortunately, there was no refund availableI was excited to see a real time space strategy with lots of achievement on steam and pre-ordered the game for the price of an AAA title. Never again. The game was practically unplayable and buggy; the first patches did nothing valuable. Then the developer filed for bankruptcy with no hope from the community side to make this game ever playable. Unfortunately, there was no refund available from my country. The sad thing is that the game was still available for purchase for months after. Expand
  2. Mar 14, 2013
    I'm unsure what happened with LoP. While in development, the game seemed to have decent support. Then, suddenly, Summer of 2012, It was released in a less-than-playable state with non-existent support. Complaints from people who had paid for the game in good faith were everywhere. Players were discussing how to approach getting their money refunded. In October of 2012 the developers filedI'm unsure what happened with LoP. While in development, the game seemed to have decent support. Then, suddenly, Summer of 2012, It was released in a less-than-playable state with non-existent support. Complaints from people who had paid for the game in good faith were everywhere. Players were discussing how to approach getting their money refunded. In October of 2012 the developers filed for Bankruptcy. I haven't seen a really decent explanation of why LoP was released before it was ready although many claim that's how Kalypso does business. Others say publishers are pushing developers into premature release of their games. Some sites were still taking orders for LoP at the time that Novacore announced its insolvency which is, IMHO, inexcusable. The only reason why some people were spared is bc players posted warnings not to buy the game. More than a few people reported that they were denied refunds due to game time logged even though they were not able to actually play the game. This calls into question the ethics of charging players for games not yet published. Aren't beta players really assisting developers in identifying problems needing to be solved? Shouldn't there be some kind of reward offered to the people who play pre-release games? How fair is it to charge people who participate in beta testing the full price for the game when they are the ones assuming the risk that the game might flop? Expand
  3. Feb 7, 2013
    DO NOT BUY THIS!!! This game is unfinished, and unplayable! A travesty to the genre!
  4. Nov 15, 2012
    This is to put simply, a failed game. Everything everyone has said about this game, in a negative sense, is true. Buggy, broke, boring, and frustrating to play. If you can't deliver a good quality product, get out of the game. Sorry guy's but I un-installed this game only after 3 days of trying to play it.
  5. Oct 29, 2012
    A brilliant idea, a twist on the 4x theme. I've played as many of these as I can find - from action based 4x like the "X" series from Egosoft to Gal Civ 1&2, The Space Empires series, Masters of Orion 1 2 AND 3, Distant Worlds, SotS 2 and 2, SoaSE ...and this is the WORST OF THE LOT. Crashes every single time on 3 different PC's, the UI is all over the place (you can't even see half theA brilliant idea, a twist on the 4x theme. I've played as many of these as I can find - from action based 4x like the "X" series from Egosoft to Gal Civ 1&2, The Space Empires series, Masters of Orion 1 2 AND 3, Distant Worlds, SotS 2 and 2, SoaSE ...and this is the WORST OF THE LOT. Crashes every single time on 3 different PC's, the UI is all over the place (you can't even see half the buttones you need to press) AI is patheticm control is none existant. Worse on release than Sword of the Stars 2 - worse than MOO3 (which with mods is a pretty decent game) AVOID - TERRIBLE GAME! Expand
  6. Oct 6, 2012
    Novacore studios has gone out of buisness. Serves them right. There will not be any new updates. Try to get a refund now if you have not gotten one already. DO NOT BUY if you are looking at Legends of Pegasus.
  7. Oct 3, 2012
    The 4x genre is one of my favorites, and this one felt like a chore after a half an hour or so. I had to force myself through about ten hours of game play, numerous crashes, missing basic functionality, glitchy cameras,and more bugs then a roach motel in the projects. To me the cost of a game that makes me want to come back to it over anything else in my library of games is priceless. 60,The 4x genre is one of my favorites, and this one felt like a chore after a half an hour or so. I had to force myself through about ten hours of game play, numerous crashes, missing basic functionality, glitchy cameras,and more bugs then a roach motel in the projects. To me the cost of a game that makes me want to come back to it over anything else in my library of games is priceless. 60, 80, 100. Its irreverent If Im going to get hundreds of hours of gameplay and enjoyment out of it.So needless to say I would I not pay 50 dollar for this title, I would not pay 25, or even 10...hell I played this game for free and I felt ripped off. Expand
  8. Sep 22, 2012
    The reputation of both the developer and publisher kalypso are at stake with this disastrous release. Hope they patch the game soon to salvage what is left.
  9. Aug 31, 2012
    Legends of Pegasus - "The Legends of Fail". Endless Bugs, critical errors, missing or broken features, game feeling like an extreme early Pre-Alpha Version far away from good and evil. It's an deception at any user who throws out the window their money (including me), for more scrap than a game. There is only one conclusion: Don't buy or return the game to the dealer.
  10. Aug 26, 2012
    I was stunned in disbelief and amazement someone would dare to release and sell a product like this. I never experienced something like this before. It's unstable, incomplete and fails to live up to it's promises given in the advertisement. It's not even worthy of the term "Game" in the current state and I'm doubting if it ever will. They still have to fix a lot, so many things actuallyI was stunned in disbelief and amazement someone would dare to release and sell a product like this. I never experienced something like this before. It's unstable, incomplete and fails to live up to it's promises given in the advertisement. It's not even worthy of the term "Game" in the current state and I'm doubting if it ever will. They still have to fix a lot, so many things actually they might as well start from scratch. This title has been pulled from lots of retailer stores after the word came out of it's abysmal quality. Amazon even considers to cancel any future cooperation with this game's publisher. Unbelievably, it's still on sale for full price on Steam though. Hence a warning; don't even think about it. Do yourself a favor and pick up another nice 4x title like "Sins of a solar empire" or "Endless space". Stay away from this atrocity. Expand
  11. Aug 22, 2012
    This game has or should I say had promise. On paper it
  12. Aug 21, 2012
    -Crashs to desktop all the time
    -most of features promised on the box & on website (even on amazon) are missing, like terraforming or NPC-races in the universe
    -no A.I. ingame (it builds 1 building - that's everything it currently does) -many features promised in teaser or preview videos in the internet (all official ones) are teasing things, which are NOT in the game -multiplayer
    -Crashs to desktop all the time
    -no A.I. ingame (it builds 1 building - that's everything it currently does)
    -multiplayer consists of crashs, out of syncs, not loadings savegames & it is not possible to finish a MP-Game at the moment, it is going to crash within the first rounds
    -no tooltips which explain, what something actually does
    -no explanation of how the game mechanics work, why do i need culture? How much culture do i need and what/how many do i need to build of sth. to maintain a specific state?
    -many buildings are doing nothing at the moment
    -awkward UI, which is one of the badest i have ever seen
    -there may be 2000 techs in the tech tree, but 99% of them a superfluous like gain 1% damage or sth. similar
    -within combats not moving ships are attacking not moving ships, that's boring like hell
    -the game is bloody unfinished & was never ever tested or played before
    -save-game system of the early 80s, loading savegames is not always working
    -campaign may be 40h long, due to the plot stoppers & bugs - like the techtree you are wasting most of your time with boring stuff and clicking "end turn" or wait for the real time fight to end, because not moving ships fire on other non-moving ships for several minutes & nothing is happening ....

There were already several patches, which improved the game a little bit, but it is still FAR away from playable or fun.
  13. Aug 20, 2012
    This game is absolute garbage. I made an account here just to say so. It's obvious that someone had a dream of making a 4x space game, then gave up about half-way and released a random pile of code in a game shaped container. Save yourself the trouble, stay away.

Most of the UI buttons do nothing, no tool tips, constant crashes to desktop, unintuitive everything... not fun.
  14. Aug 20, 2012
    Dated graphics, dated UI, just plain dated. Couldn't get more than 15 minutes into the game, just not anything that stacks up against a game I would expect in this era.
  15. Aug 19, 2012
    complete trash shovel ware, unplayable. crashes every 5-7 minutes. kalypso refusing to refund people after blatantly lying to consumers. DO NOT BUY. here is a thread with all the ignored refund requests http://www.forum.kalypsomedia.com/showthread.php?tid=15831
  16. Aug 18, 2012
    This game has bugs bugs bugs and more bugs that lead to lockups and endless crashes. But for a moment say the game is stable and look outside of the bugs. The graphics are okay but everything is just mashed together poorly. The GUI is a wreck, half the UI is cut off in places and in other places it doesn't tell you what something does. A pet rock is smarter than the AI, multiplayer isThis game has bugs bugs bugs and more bugs that lead to lockups and endless crashes. But for a moment say the game is stable and look outside of the bugs. The graphics are okay but everything is just mashed together poorly. The GUI is a wreck, half the UI is cut off in places and in other places it doesn't tell you what something does. A pet rock is smarter than the AI, multiplayer is completely broken, and there is poor performance on top of the line gaming machines that doesn't make sense at all. On top of that it's like they took everything from every major 4X space game, pushed it into this one but did it extremely poorly. It has great potential however at this point the game needs a massive overhaul before it can even get there and I don't think it can recover as its far far worse than SotS2 was on launch. DO NOT BUY! Expand
  17. Aug 17, 2012
    Another buggy incomplete mess of a 4X game. My fave genre, and this is appalling, what is it about the space game genre that makes publishers think they can release games like this and SOTS2?

Abymsal - AVOID!
  18. Aug 17, 2012
    This is a near direct copy of the game Ascendancy from the 1990s, which is a good thing. However The game has been released in a near Alpha state of development. Everything about it lacks polish, such as difficulty spikes, to game breaking bugs such as this list...

Often crashes after every real time fight as it tries to auto save. Swaps Z/Y keys when naming save games. Can brake your

Often crashes after every real time fight as it tries to auto save.
    Swaps Z/Y keys when naming save games.
    Can brake your game if you colonize the 2nd planet too soon in the first mission.
    Voice acting sounds like William Shattner played by multiple people, both male and female of all ages.
    ASWD keys will stop functioning early into any game. (aswd moves the screen).
    In a real time battle the right mouse will fling your screen to one end of the solar system instead of changing the screen angle.
    And many more!

There have been some patches and I really could love this game, but they had better get on fixing this broken game.. Don't Buy it! I know I regret it..
  19. Aug 16, 2012
    FRAUD. Game feels like an early alpha. Placeholder text everywhere, UI is clunky, text is cut off, multiple CTD bugs, multiple save/load issues. Definitely not ready for release but was shoved out the door to take advantage of preorders and folks who ordered through retailers that don't give refunds no matter what *cough*STEAM*cough*.

The publisher then has the nerve to say they were

The publisher then has the nerve to say they were SURPRISED by the "rough launch" on their official forums. ANYONE who plays this for more than 5 minutes would be able to see this so I don't believe their story about being surprised. Hell, on the "New Game" screen, there is a blatant spelling error ("Please select a fraction" instead of faction) which just tells you that they did a pretty poor job of QA and testing on this game.

Instead of doing right by their customers and offering refunds, they say they're going to offer some unstated "compensation" and they say they're going to be working on getting the game to a playable state. I estimate 6-9 months before this is really playable and it's a shame because it could have been a really good game.

Kalypso has lost me as a customer going forward and I'm never ordering a game again unless I see some actual gameplay videos (which had been withheld on this title -- I wonder why?).
  20. omi
    Aug 16, 2012
    This game thought me why I shouldn't jump to pre-order just for a couple of bucks to save. This is how a perfect fraud works. I hope not many people fell for this and I also hope some brave souls sue this company for what they did. I am also disapointed with steam to distribute this pre-alpha game without any checking and not giving any refunds.
    one reason I pre-order was also the name of
    one reason I pre-order was also the name of Kalypso since I had several good titles before this from them, now that name is stained irrecoverable to me.
  21. Aug 16, 2012
    This game doesn't even deserve rating or be mentioned anywhere, its student project went wrong ... 45 EUR? Someone call shrink, I wouldn't play it even if they paid me.
  22. Aug 15, 2012
    I feel really stupid for buying this game without reading the reviews. Within minutes of booting this POS on steam I had a sinking feel that I just got myself a clunker. It took me about 5 minutes just to launch the campaign because of the **** UI -- stuff that a QA team of one dude should be able to catch.

The tutorial writing was clearly written by somebody who either speaks English

The tutorial writing was clearly written by somebody who either speaks English as a second language or was never proof read. Take this gem for example:

"The currently for research available technologies are shown in the middle of the screen."

There are many more such examples.

Now, part of me feels bad for panning this game as it was clearly made by a very small development team, probably newbie game developers, and maybe even students. For that, its an impressive work, especially considering its potential (I was impressed by the demo video, game description, and the screenshots). But the thing that pisses me off is that I paid $40 bucks for this. I mean, it was a "featured" item on the Steam store tonight. I mistakenly trusted Steam to feature *GOOD* (or at least functional) games on the featured list. My mistake and one that I won't make again. My only hope is that I'll be able to dissuade others from making the same mistake by writing a review (one of my few) and that Steam will give me a refund. I've never asked for one, but I think I will now and spend that $40 bucks on a different game.
  23. Aug 14, 2012
    Legends of Pegasus is not finished and not playable. Most of the features are just not working and the game keeps crashing all the time. I have been playing games for almost 20 years and this just might be the worst game that I have ever bought.
  24. Aug 14, 2012
    "Forget your Sins".... prophetic words indeed. For this game has too many sins to count. Aside from being an obvious "early beta" or "late Alpha" stage we were required to pay actual money to have this experience. I could have lived with a disclaimer pointing out that the game was a "work in progress" and purchased it for a reduced price.... but I was sold a product that is flawed .."Forget your Sins".... prophetic words indeed. For this game has too many sins to count. Aside from being an obvious "early beta" or "late Alpha" stage we were required to pay actual money to have this experience. I could have lived with a disclaimer pointing out that the game was a "work in progress" and purchased it for a reduced price.... but I was sold a product that is flawed .. and nowhere near working.
    Crashes, lockups, gui errors, camera control, "plot" stoppers.. this one has it all. Never in some 20+ years of gaming have I ever been a part of something that is so broken.
    My recommendation? DO NOT BUY.. and I would suggest never to purchased through Steam / Kalypso as well they have 0 interest in refunding money for a broken product.
    Be warned kids.. this game and the companies that peddled it are not worth your hard earned money.
  25. Aug 14, 2012
    It's simple enough, I created an account on metacritic just to warn other people not to buy this game. I want my money back! So be warned and use your money on better games like Sins or Endless space
  26. Aug 14, 2012
    Stay away from this game it was released with so many bugs and many features missing. Worst pre order I have ever come across. I think they have insulted us as gamers making us pay top money for false advertisement.
  27. Aug 14, 2012
    Do not buy game! It is unplayable and that may be the only good thing about it! Crashes, pathing, campaign, and from what i heard can even make your computer make new internal noises...i kid you not! This is the worst game i have ever had on my computer. It will be a long long time before this game is playable and when i did get it to work for a couple minutes it was boring as hell and iDo not buy game! It is unplayable and that may be the only good thing about it! Crashes, pathing, campaign, and from what i heard can even make your computer make new internal noises...i kid you not! This is the worst game i have ever had on my computer. It will be a long long time before this game is playable and when i did get it to work for a couple minutes it was boring as hell and i found myself looking forward to the upcoming crash as i couldnt get out of it without cntrl/alt/dele. Should come with a skull and crossbones on the cover you have been warned! Is it posible to give a negative number rating like -10? Expand
  28. Aug 14, 2012
    I knew that most games have a few bugs at release, this was expected. However, not only did the game have a rocky launch, it was severely plague with game stopping issues, a poorly developed interface and a variety of issues too numerous to list in this review. I think the game has potential but the developers are going to have to work hard on restoring the community's faith in theI knew that most games have a few bugs at release, this was expected. However, not only did the game have a rocky launch, it was severely plague with game stopping issues, a poorly developed interface and a variety of issues too numerous to list in this review. I think the game has potential but the developers are going to have to work hard on restoring the community's faith in the game. I would give it a couple of months before investing in the game. Make sure to check in frequently to ensure the game has been fixed. Expand
  29. Aug 14, 2012
    This game had an exceptional amount of potential, and persues an old, but enjoyable genre of space exploration and empire building games which sadly has fallen by the wayside in recent years. After the debacle of SotS2's launch, I did not think a company would be willing to launch a 4X game in a pre-alpha state to paying customers for at least a few years. Make no mistake, Legends ofThis game had an exceptional amount of potential, and persues an old, but enjoyable genre of space exploration and empire building games which sadly has fallen by the wayside in recent years. After the debacle of SotS2's launch, I did not think a company would be willing to launch a 4X game in a pre-alpha state to paying customers for at least a few years. Make no mistake, Legends of Pegasus is beautiful, but awful. It is ridden with a number of elementary bugs, such as the Y key not being bound to the letter 'Y' in text boxes. The skirmish AI does not function, literally, as in it does not attempt to expand, or build ships. You cannot set more than one AI in a game. The campaign is dodgily built and relies on lazy scripted enemy spawns to give the nonexistant AI something to do.

Enemy ships for example, appear next to your ships via strategic moves, and make no attempt to maneuver in tactical combat, merely approach, all-stop and fire their guns until they die. They universally attack the closest vessel or target regardless of threat or durability, and do not attempt to pursue fleeing ships that are critically damaged if they can simply switch targets to a closer enemy. Whole tech trees don't function at all. Expanded habitats hold zero people.

Mining ships have placeholder names...

The list goes on. Novacore claims they can fix the game in a few days of patches, but anyone who understands programming knows that code this rotten will take months to repair, if it can be repaired at all. This game has potential, but I stress that prospective buyers wait at least 6 months before checking the state of the game, because I do not believe Novacore (As this is their first game) has the capital or the clout to survive a launch this terrible.
  30. Aug 14, 2012
    This game has huge potential but is currently incomplete, buggy, and unplayable. I actually pre-ordered it with high hopes for it, and I continue to have high hopes that Kalypso will update the game to fix these issues, at which point I'd be happy to update my review. But the fact that they released a game that is barely ready for an early beta reflects extremely poorly on the developersThis game has huge potential but is currently incomplete, buggy, and unplayable. I actually pre-ordered it with high hopes for it, and I continue to have high hopes that Kalypso will update the game to fix these issues, at which point I'd be happy to update my review. But the fact that they released a game that is barely ready for an early beta reflects extremely poorly on the developers and publishers. They can redeem themselves by fixing the issues, but at this place I cannot recommend this to anyone. Expand

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Feb 6, 2013
    Sadly, technical problems make this game nearly unplayable- it’s like Legends of Pegasus launched half-finished. Somewhere, deep inside, there’s a great game, with an interesting space-opera story, presented like a graphic-novel … but in the end, the worst alien menace in Legends of Pegasus is not the race of X’or or Arthrox but the bugs. And not like the bugs in Starship Troopers… [January 2013]
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Oct 29, 2012
    Legends of Pegasus game is perfect example of how to turn ambitious projects into something you do want to forget as fast as possible. [Oct 2012]
  3. PC PowerPlay
    Oct 11, 2012
    An impenetrable mess with almost nothing to recommend it. Cast this one into the void. [Oct 2012, p.73]