Legends of Pegasus PC

• Release Date: Aug 14, 2012
1.5

Overwhelming dislike- based on 113 Ratings

1. Aug 14, 2012
    Legends of Pegasus has the potential to be a good game. But from what I've had opportunity to play so far it seems like it's in need of another few months of development and polish. I'm no newb at these sorts of games, but it's missing some of the features we've become accustomed to from games like Civilisation. The graphics are also a far-cry from what I was expecting (they wouldn't beLegends of Pegasus has the potential to be a good game. But from what I've had opportunity to play so far it seems like it's in need of another few months of development and polish. I'm no newb at these sorts of games, but it's missing some of the features we've become accustomed to from games like Civilisation. The graphics are also a far-cry from what I was expecting (they wouldn't be out of place from one of the later X-Com games), especially the planetary construction view.

The biggest issue I've had with it so far is the fact that you need an active internet connection to even start a single player game. Which thanks to issues with my Killer 2100 network card meant it took me a couple of days to work out what was affecting it. I've had to resort to using my motherboard's on-board NIC to get the game running.

In closing: Don't rule out this game yet, give it several months an hopefully it'll be in better shape.
  2. Aug 14, 2012
    Seems to be a trend now days to release 4x games totally broken, I don't know the story behind the scenes as to why LOP was released this way, but for them to post "The flood of problems has really surprised us" is a joke, at release the 1st episode that is a tutorial I encountered 4!! yes 4 game stopping bugs, everything from missing waypoints and stations not building to missing requiredSeems to be a trend now days to release 4x games totally broken, I don't know the story behind the scenes as to why LOP was released this way, but for them to post "The flood of problems has really surprised us" is a joke, at release the 1st episode that is a tutorial I encountered 4!! yes 4 game stopping bugs, everything from missing waypoints and stations not building to missing required tech.... and if that was a surprise then they did no testing, at least some others I could name who released games unfinished have at least admitted it and not posted statements that insult our intelligence.

That said I think it
  3. Aug 24, 2012
    This game shows promise but unfortunately has been made by a developer which has no idea what its doing. While the game is playable to a degree it does crash every hour. For me no problems occurred expect from crashing and some minor issues like Small and Large Repair docks being called Repair Dock with no hint of their size.

Game show promise but it should be given over to a more

Game show promise but it should be given over to a more experienced company to finish. This is NovaCore Studios first game and hopefully their last.
  4. Aug 14, 2012
    This game had an exceptional amount of potential, and persues an old, but enjoyable genre of space exploration and empire building games which sadly has fallen by the wayside in recent years. After the debacle of SotS2's launch, I did not think a company would be willing to launch a 4X game in a pre-alpha state to paying customers for at least a few years. Make no mistake, Legends ofThis game had an exceptional amount of potential, and persues an old, but enjoyable genre of space exploration and empire building games which sadly has fallen by the wayside in recent years. After the debacle of SotS2's launch, I did not think a company would be willing to launch a 4X game in a pre-alpha state to paying customers for at least a few years. Make no mistake, Legends of Pegasus is beautiful, but awful. It is ridden with a number of elementary bugs, such as the Y key not being bound to the letter 'Y' in text boxes. The skirmish AI does not function, literally, as in it does not attempt to expand, or build ships. You cannot set more than one AI in a game. The campaign is dodgily built and relies on lazy scripted enemy spawns to give the nonexistant AI something to do.

Enemy ships for example, appear next to your ships via strategic moves, and make no attempt to maneuver in tactical combat, merely approach, all-stop and fire their guns until they die. They universally attack the closest vessel or target regardless of threat or durability, and do not attempt to pursue fleeing ships that are critically damaged if they can simply switch targets to a closer enemy. Whole tech trees don't function at all. Expanded habitats hold zero people.

Mining ships have placeholder names...

The list goes on. Novacore claims they can fix the game in a few days of patches, but anyone who understands programming knows that code this rotten will take months to repair, if it can be repaired at all. This game has potential, but I stress that prospective buyers wait at least 6 months before checking the state of the game, because I do not believe Novacore (As this is their first game) has the capital or the clout to survive a launch this terrible.

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Feb 6, 2013
    Sadly, technical problems make this game nearly unplayable- it’s like Legends of Pegasus launched half-finished. Somewhere, deep inside, there’s a great game, with an interesting space-opera story, presented like a graphic-novel … but in the end, the worst alien menace in Legends of Pegasus is not the race of X’or or Arthrox but the bugs. And not like the bugs in Starship Troopers… [January 2013]
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Oct 29, 2012
    Legends of Pegasus game is perfect example of how to turn ambitious projects into something you do want to forget as fast as possible. [Oct 2012]
  3. PC PowerPlay
    Oct 11, 2012
    An impenetrable mess with almost nothing to recommend it. Cast this one into the void. [Oct 2012, p.73]