- Summary: The Brickster is back and out to cause more mischief in this wild, racing, chasing, island-hopping sequel. In your quest to piece together The Informaniac's Constructopedia, you'll drive, scuba-dive, fly a place and even ride a dinosaur as you chase the Brickster down through these amazingThe Brickster is back and out to cause more mischief in this wild, racing, chasing, island-hopping sequel. In your quest to piece together The Informaniac's Constructopedia, you'll drive, scuba-dive, fly a place and even ride a dinosaur as you chase the Brickster down through these amazing new LEGO® worlds. Meet all kinds of fun characters along the way as you journey through the game. You'll need all your skills to solve the puzzles and achieve your ultimate goal, to prevent LEGO Island being ruined.… Expand
Positive: 0 out of
Mixed: 0 out of
Negative: 0 out of
Aug 5, 2013I loved this game when I was a little kid. Back then, games weren't about graphics, skill, or storyline. Just you, a few hours to kill, andI loved this game when I was a little kid. Back then, games weren't about graphics, skill, or storyline. Just you, a few hours to kill, and your imagination. Nostalgia is a bitter mistress. … Expand
Jul 5, 2012One of my favorite childhood games on the pc! For some reason i found it difficult on the Medieval island to get the knight with the cannon,One of my favorite childhood games on the pc! For some reason i found it difficult on the Medieval island to get the knight with the cannon, but other than that, awesome game! Probably under 3 dollars on ebay.… Collapse
Jan 21, 2015Again, here i am explaining that games can be good in more ways than one, this game for an example. An adult would dissmiss this game forAgain, here i am explaining that games can be good in more ways than one, this game for an example. An adult would dissmiss this game for being quote "just plain annoying, i mean the voice acting SUCKS!!" and for one, this is right. But we're talking about this game in 2015 people, it's 14 years after the game's release in 2001. And it's for kids. So we have quite the content to digest. In fact: i'll have to add multiple pros-and-cons because of how an adult would see this game.
In no further fachion, here's Lego Island 2: The Brickster's Revenge!
The game is clearly for children, the voice acting is outright annoying, the minigames are boring and hard, and the game is way too long to be any fun at all.
For an average understanding person (me n' you) :
Well, to say the least. The game is certainly for kids, the voice acting is silly and.. well, dorky and full of cheese (pizza puns, ho!) but at the same time it's likable and cringeworthy at times. The game itself is'nt too spectacular but it has a friendly vibe to it, sort of what Lego games were in the early stages. Legoland, lego games, the merch, everything was better those times. Today we are left with the not-so-entertaining Lego movie which, in my opinion was just an attempt to milk the Lego market even more than it already has.
The Lego movie i would've liked to be on the bigscreen was Clutch Powers adventures, or whatever it was called. It was a relatively long time ago but that movie was better in many ways.
This game is not about the storyline, experience,, or anything of the sort.
It's about the fun. Something many games have forgotten due to developers like Ubisoft want as much profit for each game. I mean, look at Assassins creed: Unity. It's so broken and yet they pushed this peice of crap out the door for maximal success. Same goes for Far cry 4, maximal profit and maximal reskinning.
The game is all about having fun, in a way that kids will find very entertaining. However, it is very challenging for a kid, even with some understanding of what the hell is going on. I mean, as a kid i had absolutely no idea how to do a trick at the skateboard minigame, but in reality it was in the instruction booklet the entire time (in some copies of the game it didn't mention the skateboarding minigame at all)
So here's some things to round it up:
1) Mediocre fun but still very entertaining
2) Open world
3) Every place you visit looks very nice
1) Even though it's an open world, there isn't anything to do other than to follow the extremely linear storyline
2) **** and glitches baby!
3) Very hard at some points
4) Hard to run on current machinery
Basically, this is a kids game but a hard one at that. Still, games like Chantelise which can be considered a kids game and that one is also pretty hard. I played this game when i was a kid, it felt much better playing it back then and that is the only thing that keeps the game from entering the "run-and-never-come-back" zone.
In other words, this game gets the score: "Mreh, whatever..."… Expand