8.2

1. Dec 28, 2013
    Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of lord of the rings and on top of that the lego games series. This is the first one I've played on PC, and really it's not a good experience. The game is fine, probably really good, but I find this so hard to play, the controls for this are just ridiculous, H to attack and J to jump by default, you can reassign these, except on PC this has NO MOUSE SUPPORT. None... I understand that this is a port but put some effort into it, many people bought this expecting a game they don't need a controller for, and you really do need one.

If you're on a laptop or have a small keyboard you essentially have to have a controller, if that doesn't bother you then you should totally get this. This isn't the kind of game that can get away with using only the keyboard, it's just something that should have mouse support, even if the only use would be just to attack with M1 and to change characters with mouse wheel, it would make it so much more comfortable and easier to play and control.

I may just be whining but the score is based off of the fact that I just can't play this game, I'm on a laptop, a small one, so playing using only keyboard is really not an option, and when it comes down to it, you can't legitimately say it's reasonable for the developers of this game to expect that they shouldn't have to put in the effort to add mouse support and on top of that you can't say that they can expect most PC gamers to have controllers, when the general assumption would be that PC gamers use K+M.

Fortunately TT Games are not content to rest on their laurels as they've managed to pack in an exciting, thrilling and funny adventure with lots to explore and hours of gameplay to make the whole package feel not only fresh but epic to boot.
  2. Jan 6, 2013
    The best, the most interesting and the most elaborate entry to the series. Engine's limitations are more visible than ever before but it doesn't change the fact that Traveller's Tales once again managed to deliver an enjoyable game chock-full of content. [CD-Action 1/2013, p.44]
  3. Jan 3, 2013
    For this fantasy lover, LEGO The Lord of the Rings ticks all the right boxes.