2.1

1. Jan 26, 2012
    Terrible controls, terrible writing, and terribly designed open world environment. Getting around from place to place is an absolutely dreadful chore. Quests are boring, button-mashing nonsense. The hidden bonus pickups have no value whatsoever and seem to reset whenever you load a saved game. Unfinished, broken, buggy, and utterly horrendous excrement. Avoid at all costs!!!
  2. KatieD
    Apr 2, 2009
    This is NOT your typical Leisure Suit Larry game. No, it does not follow-up with the other games other than Larry Lovage's return as the main character. There is no nudity and sex is only implied. What there is to be found, though, is plenty of great sexual humor, fun gameplay and an interesting plot. The graphics have gotten a lot better since Magna Cum Laude, and Larry is a LOT This is NOT your typical Leisure Suit Larry game. No, it does not follow-up with the other games other than Larry Lovage's return as the main character. There is no nudity and sex is only implied. What there is to be found, though, is plenty of great sexual humor, fun gameplay and an interesting plot. The graphics have gotten a lot better since Magna Cum Laude, and Larry is a LOT more likable, particularly since he is voiced by Josh Keaten (MGS3, Ocelot). Lots of great voice acting talent, too. Only complaints are that the camera can get pretty wonky so it may end up killing you a few times. If you can get past that, though, a real fun play if you take it as its own game! Expand
  3. Grimlockt
    May 2, 2009
    Literary gold. I have played games for quite some time and there is not a single line that I expect from within this amazingly written game, "Well guess what! my mother was a whore! so your insult holds no meaning!" to name one of the well written gold.
  4. KenH
    Apr 26, 2009
    Better than MCL. Very funny . camera angles are a bit off. Some hard controles till you get used to them. I'd recommend getting a game controller for PC version..Hard to move around with the keyboard.
  5. Jun 15, 2013
    This game is horrible, i didnt see any gay anal scenes anywhere. When i tried to hump a random guy in the street they didnt even callt he cops on me, that turns me off. I thought this game was gonna be the game of the year but they didnt even show the main chracters hairy chest.
  6. Dec 29, 2014
    holy crap what a huge disapointment. I have not played all the leisure suit Larry games but from what i have played i like the style and the humor. This is just a terrible game with anoying platforming. how could you go wrong?

1. This Box Office Bust is a sample of how to change what worked completely for the worse.
  2. Mindless, repetitive gameplay and a truly atrocious sense of humor help Leisure Suit Larry live up to its name--it's a total bust.
    The lowest rating numbers here at IGN are reserved for games with nearly no redeeming qualities or interesting ideas, with next to nothing enjoyable to offer players, and which under no circumstances should be purchased by anyone. Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust is, without a doubt, one of those games.