8.3

1. Jun 29, 2013
    While the video came industry has matured with sophisticated narrative development, sense of humor, and technology, Al Lowe prods along with most of the same old gags, an almost obsessive dependance on narration (in lieu of dialog and animation), and puzzles you thought were challenging in high school. Leisure Suit Larry Reloaded is everything you'd expect from the original VGA remake in 1991, if they had access to 2008 technology, and that shouldn't be mistaken as a compliment. There is new content, to be sure, but it's not substantial enough to bear the burden of all the old material and puzzles while you trod through the game.

There's talk of a LSL2 reboot done in a similar vain. I would hope that Replay (an almost ironically apt company name) forgoes rewashing more of Sierra's old laundry and instead focuses on expanding the Larry universe with fresh stories, characters, and design philosophy.

At $19.99, I can't suggest this turkey to any adventure gamer that has grown up and acquired discriminating taste in interactive storytelling. It would have been more palatable at $5.99 as nostalgic curio for tablets or smartphones for those of us eager to relive what we have already done so, many times before.
  2. Dec 5, 2013
    I adored the old Larry games which I played through multiple times as a kid, and recently just to revisit the franchise. This remake plays worse that the old games, with frustrating controls, an annoying voice over, dull and inconsistent graphics etc.
    This game is a thorough disappointment.
  3. Jun 4, 2014
    This game is not even acceptable, is worst than mediocre. The fact that Larry is not popular anymore complicate even more the things. The true score i give this game is a 2.5, but you know, i put it the 4/10.
    I found this trash very repetitive, a lot of boring and lame mini games inserted in a bad game with bad and uninspired characters. Larry franchise never was good, but this game is
    the worst of all the trash they were throwing to us. I feel sorry for the people to have the suffer buying this trash. The lack of ideas is very noticeable in this game, the mini games are almost the same over and over again, and the gameplay becomes incredibly boring and Larry seems like he never have sex with a woman, and looks like he never can do it. Every time when he is close to have something with a woman, something ridiculous happens. The game is bad in almost every aspect, sure make me laugh a couple of times, but finally i was laughing because i can't believe how BAD AND BORING this trash is. Expand

1. Oct 7, 2013
    Although the animation isn't what you expect, Larry's return makes you laugh. It proves that adventure games aren't relics, and that something we considered funny as we were kids is still funny. The game relies on nostalgia, but adds its own flavor to the mix. [Aug 2013]
    A technologically excellent and humorous remake of the original Larry game is an enjoyable little game. Especially for those contemporaries of the once famous series, who are now overgrown by moss. [Issue#232]
  3. Sep 13, 2013
    I just sat there and gambled until I finally felt so angry with the game that I wanted to stab my screen. [Nov 2013, p.78]