8.3

1. Feb 22, 2015
    I had so much fun with this game, even much more than with other classic adventure. The humor is perfect, has the same level as Al Bundy and of course there are some hints to this sitcom ingame. The animation and some sounds could be better, it is true, especially that some of them are artificial and not funny. The control could be better too. But the story and the dialogs are perfect. AI had so much fun with this game, even much more than with other classic adventure. The humor is perfect, has the same level as Al Bundy and of course there are some hints to this sitcom ingame. The animation and some sounds could be better, it is true, especially that some of them are artificial and not funny. The control could be better too. But the story and the dialogs are perfect. A shame, that some social losers (feminists) hates this game and the average score is low , so I will ignore eurogamer. Expand
  2. Jun 27, 2013
    A trip down memory lane with some new twists!
    I've played all the Larry games in my youth starting with a second-hand copy of Larry 3 as a kid, then went and and got the collector's edition and Larry 7 when it released. The controls have definitely improved and have been simplified and the interface in Reloaded is a treat to work with!
    Everything is so fluid and responsive and the
    A trip down memory lane with some new twists!
    Everything is so fluid and responsive and the backgrounds and sprites really pop on a 1080p screen. Why the loader doesn't remember which video mode you'd set prior though is puzzling. Considering gambling is a key element to the game I'm surprised also that there is no automatic way to "bet max" and instead have to left-click the 'increase bet' button multiple times as holding down the mouse button results in an 'ability wheel' style overlay which I probably didn't use as much as I should have.

All the above aside, I had a blast sinking a solid few hours into this game last night and with no walkthroughs or Google auto-suggestions, I was on my own with the puzzles which have been freshened up and a whole new section had me stumbling around lost for a while. When I finally discovered my missing link it all seemed "so obvious" in hindsight :)

A relatively short game for $20, though if I had never played the series before it definitely would've taken longer. 8 out of 10 (after a beer or two from me!
  3. Jul 18, 2013
    I dont get the low scores for the critics when its very clear that this game is the old school remake of a great classic, not the sequel of the last larry back in 1996.
    For the dirty old jokes and for all the memories with this awesome serie, this game got all my support, awesome job. Recommended
  4. BFM
    Aug 23, 2014
    After all this time since Larry 7, the dream came true: Al Lowe returned one more time to make a Larry game. This will most likely be the last one, since he sadly retiered again, but at this point, our dreams for Larry 8 should be burried once and for all.

So, is Larry : Releaded any good? Yes! - if you can can tolerate the one (big) flaw this game has: The aniamtion. Most

So, is Larry : Releaded any good?

Yes! - if you can can tolerate the one (big) flaw this game has:

The aniamtion. Most animations only have a few frames, and feel more like scrolling your eyes over a comic than seeing a cartoon.

But once you made your peace with that flaw (your brain will adapt quick, and your imagination will start to fill the gaps in animation), you get a really nice treat : this game.

Larry is truly back.
    The game looks and sounds awesome, the voice actors are all great, the puzzles still hold up, Los Wages is soaked with atmosphere, and Larry is the same loveable loser you remember from Larry 7.

They even added new content and mixed the puzzles up (compared with the original).
    I bought this game for the full price at day one and never regret it.

Enjoy yourself, go hunt some tails and don't get killed.
  5. Jun 28, 2013
    kulajoe: HAHAHA! You're a kid!!!!

Now seriously, I know what you mean. God bless Google & ALT+TAB. Hell, even with that help I managed to miss one of the questions. It looks like the questions are oriented for US residents only. At least after you get in the game and save, you can reload and don't need to answer those pesky questions again. With that apart, I've been playing Larry
    kulajoe: HAHAHA! You're a kid!!!!

With that apart, I've been playing Larry since the 90's, and this one is a welcome sight. After Box Office Bust, I thought the series would die. Maybe with this little push, someone will pick Larry up again and launch a new adventure, because the character definitely deserves it. I've only played for half an hour (not counting the time I spent trying to get those damn questions right), and noticed that the same puzzles are there, but with a nice twist. On the 1st game you'd get the remote and automatically change channels on the TV in the pimp's room, on "Reloaded" you have to get the batteries for the remote. The password to the pimp's room, which was previously conveniently written on the bathroom wall, now is more well hidden. Can't wait to get home and play it for a couple more hours. If you were born long enough to play the entire series, like I did, I definitely recommend you this game. If Larry Laffer doesn't ring you any bells... well... at least give it a rent and see what you think.

Those pesky questions and the slightly boring narration that makes me just want to skip all those filler dialogues were a bit of a turnoff for me, but even though I played for little time, I still think it's great. I give it an 8.
  6. Apr 7, 2016
    Story/Characters-
    Story/Characters-
    The story is as simple as it is hilarious. The whole premise of the game is you are playing 40 year old virgin Larry and your goal is to find "love" (get laid). Larry as well as all the other characters in this game are hilariously written. Seriously it has been awhile since I laughed this much at a game. None of the characters are particularly "likeable" in the same way that none of the South Park characters are "likeable". They are all theives, liars, jerks, ext. but they are all really funny and enjoyable to interact with.

Visuals/Sound-
    The 2-D handdrawn animations are all really well done and a pleasure to look at while still being loyal to the spirit of the original classic from way back when, same thing with the backgrounds and designs, basically the over all art style is appealing. The music is all really laid back (with rare moments of intensity when it fits the moment) and really helps set the mood, the sound effects all work as well and some of them are pretty funny. The voice acting ranges from pretty good to meh at best but no one is outright terrible in this.

Gameplay-
    This game is a classic point and click adventure through and through but that is likely because (to my knowledge) the gameplay is largely unchanged from the original which isn't a bad thing at all. This game is every bit as fun as other point and click adventures like Kings Quest, Grim Fandango, and of course the other Leisure Suit Larry games. (Though I prefer Grim Fandango out of all of them XD) My only real complaints being that the UI is a bit finicky sometimes and that like most adventure games it takes forever to figure out what you need to do and unlike most of them their aren't that many clues to lead you on your way.

Verdict-
    If you are into this genre of game then you need to play this game. I don't know if its worth playing through if you have already played the original but I would wager it is just for the higher quality audio and visuals.
  7. Apr 8, 2016
    True to the original! Could use more Easter Eggs though. I hope we see remakes of the other Leisure Suit Larry games too! That would be a major retro throwback!
  8. Jun 28, 2013
    In an era of reboots, it's always exciting, and intimidating, seeing one of your favorite franchises being brought back to life, and Larry was no exception. The original Leisure Suit Larry from 1987 was the first game I ever interacted with....as a toddler, so in short, Larry is my Super Mario (quite the comparison, eh?) Reloaded is really more a remake, then a reboot. This time withIn an era of reboots, it's always exciting, and intimidating, seeing one of your favorite franchises being brought back to life, and Larry was no exception. The original Leisure Suit Larry from 1987 was the first game I ever interacted with....as a toddler, so in short, Larry is my Super Mario (quite the comparison, eh?) Reloaded is really more a remake, then a reboot. This time with crisp, animated visuals, a full jazz-ensemble soundtrack (It ain't no Roland MT-32!), full voice acting, and new puzzles.

Presentation wise, Reloaded hits a good majority of the marks. A few scenes come off as a bit out of place. The transition scene when riding in the cab, does look a bit cheap, and face-to-face close ups of the wonderful leading ladies, while beautify drawn, clash with the game's frequent, cartoonish art-style.

On the audio frontier, the game's soundtrack is pleasant to listen to. While the soundtrack from the 1991 VGA remake is incredible, and nostalgic, it was nice to see a lot of new, original music accompany Larry as you attempt to "score" in Lost Wages. Voice acting is top notch. Having Jan Rabson return as the lovable loser, Larry Laffer, pretty much seals the deal. Laffer aside, the other voices are executed wonderfully, and compliment the writing.

Speaking of which, the Larry games (The 'Al Lowe' titles) have always been very well written. The jokes rarely miss, and really enhance the environment and tone of the game. Reloaded stands strong amongst previous entries in the series, and still shows that Leisure Suit Larry is still one of gaming's funniest brands. What might stand out is, excluding the two 3D entries to the series, Reloaded is easily the raunchiest Larry title of the bunch, but it feels natural due to the public's desensitized attitude towards adult humor in today’s world. Never being unintentionally tasteless, the smart writing and clever jokes will never have the subject matter make the player feel like a complete pervert.

The largest change comes to the gameplay. The game does share a very similar story line and puzzle set to the original. There are plenty of new routes and places to explore to complete the game. A walkthrough of the 1987 title, or its 1991 remake, will not get you through this 2013 version. This leaves the game presenting a near perfect balance in familiarity and freshness. The puzzle design is far more sophisticated than the original, and requires the player to think more outside-the-box, then before. Luckily, the refreshed user interface pacifies any intimidation the player may have.

However, some of the weaker points from the original title has made its way back into Reloaded. Namely, the quick-save/quick-load gambling tactic. You constantly need to have cash in your inventory in order to progress. Thankfully, this time around you don't lose if you become broke, and the designers have made it so you can get back on your feet rather quickly once you're penniless. While this does reduce unnecessary challenge, it does handicap any urgency when it comes to balancing your finances. Cab rides and questionable women don't pay for themselves!

Death, a factor quite common in old adventure titles makes a return, but merely for comedic purposes. Dying has no penalty, and is merely a creative way of saying "You screwed up! Try again!" Death is generally avoidable and won't happen too often.

In conclusion, what we have is a solid remake of a PC-gaming classic. It's familiar, nostalgic, yet fresh. Though this title will mainly appeal to fans of Sierra, Al Lowe, and Larry himself, young adventure game aficionados should expect a great time creeping through Lost Wages. If this is the first in a series of remakes, and/or a sign of getting a real Leisure Suit Larry 8, I can say I eagerly await future products from this team. Al Lowe, and Replay Games show that Larry will never be a winner with the ladies, but he'll always be a winner to us gamers.
  9. Jun 28, 2013
    It was awesome to go back and revisit this game using 2013 technology. Al Lowe and company have done an excellent job of updating the game but not to a point where it loses any of its original charm. The handpainted backgrounds are gorgeous, the voice acting is excellent and all around it's just a really fun, nostalgic experience.

Also, it seems like a lot of people are complaining

Also, it seems like a lot of people are complaining about the age verification at the beginning of the game which is a bit ridiculous considering it can be bypassed by pressing ctrl-alt-x, just like the original.
  10. Jul 1, 2013
    Guys this remake is brilliant! Dem kids these days don't know what a great PC game is like! Sure it's not got smooth animation or state-of-the-art sh*t, but damn, it looks good (the art is great), sounds good and feels freakin great. Great effort and it's money better spent here than on bloody diablo 3.
  11. Jun 28, 2013
    With the goal of remaking and improving on a gaming classic, LSL Reloaded succeeded above and beyond.
    Yes, the ages-old age verification remained true to its originally-annoying form but if it was easy to get around it then, it remained just as easy today (even easier, since you can just google the answers if actually fill it out).
    As to the game itself, the humor the beating heart and
    As to the game itself, the humor the beating heart and soul of the LSL games is top notch. What a difference it makes to have the Al Lowe, the actual man behind the original games, heavily involved in this game (the past few "Larry" games released since LSL7 were without his involvement and boy does it show).
    The visuals are a treat, and the sound and music even more so kudos to Austin Wintory on a fantastic score that never seems out of place.
    In the end, a shiny, funny new version of and old classic.
  12. Jun 29, 2013
    Absolutely dreadful reviews score by “knowledgeable” critics 57%( currently), that is only 40% higher than Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust, now that is beyond a joke.

The game is not perfect, but it is fun, humorous and written very well and with only a budget of $700k to work with(Skyrim cost $100 million to make by the way) it is great value that Replay/Nfusion have given us, this is a must for old adventure fans and individuals who would like something totally different to FPS dominated market, try it today you will be pleasantly surprised and spread the word, if this doesn’t sell well, its bye Leisure Suit Larry forever.
  13. Jun 30, 2013
    Ohhhh Larry. I have been playing Larry for quite a while now, in fact the 5.25 Lounge Lizzard disks are still next to my 8088 waiting to play thru again.

This is the best Larry game I've played in a long time, it brought a tear to my eye I laughed so hard thanks for the remake guys! Its good to relive our youth.
  14. Jul 1, 2013
    A nice remake with enhanced puzzles great graphics and sound even new parts, if you like adventure games don't miss this game, for me It's worth every penny
  15. Jul 1, 2013
    Larry is an old school graphic adventure. It don't needs ultra-realistic 3D models to make you laugh. It's the kind of game that we have been waiting for years! Welcome home Larry!
  16. Jul 1, 2013
    I love this game. I hope Al make more Larry Games. Leisure Suit Larry 2 Reloaded and Leisure Suit Larry 3 Reloaded. When I was 13 years old, i played this Larry games on my Amiga 500.

Wonderfull, Thank you Al
  17. Jul 19, 2013
    No doubt the best Leisure Suit Larry game ever created. I played them all when I was in high school so I hope they remake them all, especially 2 since I almost got to the end and realized I had to start from the very beginning again!! I'm so glad they got Al Lowe back.....he's why I bought it!!!
  18. Jun 28, 2013
    I was always a big fan of Al Lowe's games and when I saw on Kickstarter that Replay games was going to do a remake I immediately said to myself that I needed to get in on that and over the coarse of a year I saw all the hard work that was put in by Al Lowe, Josh Mandel Paul Trowe and the rest of the Replay team I knew I was going to be blown away but the final product exceeded myI was always a big fan of Al Lowe's games and when I saw on Kickstarter that Replay games was going to do a remake I immediately said to myself that I needed to get in on that and over the coarse of a year I saw all the hard work that was put in by Al Lowe, Josh Mandel Paul Trowe and the rest of the Replay team I knew I was going to be blown away but the final product exceeded my expectations the HD graphics are top notch and the soundtrack which was composed by Grammy nominated composer Austin Wintory was an absolute joy to listen to throughout the game! the humor will have you laughing for hours on end so be sure to use all the icons on everything in the rooms! This truly was a return to the one true Larry and I'm proud to be part of a group that helped bring this game to life Expand
  19. Jun 28, 2013
    Cried I laughed so much replaying the game after so many years! A must buy. The new graphics are gorgeous and the music is spot on. Well worth the 20$ on steam.
  20. Jun 28, 2013
    LSL definitely delivers. I played the originals back in college, and this is a very solid update. It has a the classic scenes which I was glad weren't made overly contemporary, but with some nice twists added-Angry Broads game FTW!
  21. Jun 28, 2013
    Larry is back with better graphics, more and new puzzles, more humour and more beautiful girls. Awesome game, recommended for everyone! I really hope there will be a sequel
  22. Jun 28, 2013
    Leisure Suit Larry returns in a remake of the original classic that started it all. And it's not just a 1:1 rehash, either. The story has been extended, the puzzles changed, and the graphics updated to a new generation of adventure game fans. But, it still retains the charm that Al Lowe brought back in 1987. If you're a fan of point-and-click games, you won't be disappointed.
  23. Jun 28, 2013
    This review was originally published to Geek News Network. You can find it in its entirety at http://bit.ly/13cSS8B.

In the early part of last year a revolution of sorts began in gaming. That revolution being Kickstarter, the web-platform that allows you to post projects and get financial support from a community of people. (I’m sure you’ve heard of it, so I have no idea why I chose to explain it.) It’s now around 14-15 months later and the first of these early gaming projects has been released! That game is Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards: Reloaded, a remake of the 1987 and 1991 game from Al Lowe. (I wrote a series of reviews a little over a year ago on the original Leisure Suit Larry game, as well as its sequels.)

Providing a narrator as well as having Jan Rabson reprise the role of Larry Laffer, gives the tale of love, perversion, and feelings not wholly unfamiliar a new lease on life.

In fact, instead of delving into writing a new back story for this game, allow me to quote myself from last year:

The original Leisure Suit Larry is the tale of Larry Laffer and his journey to city of Lost Wages (a clever play on Las Vegas) in search of the what all 40-year-old males are looking for: A way to lose his virginity. Isn’t that just adorable? Larry’s journey takes him down many paths in search of the right woman. Well, one path to be exact. Hey, this is a classic adventure game of the late-80′s; linear games were the bread and butter of the gaming world at this time. Larry can travel all around Lost Wages and its stylish five locations: the Convenience Store; Disco; Casino; Wedding Chapel; and the most famous bar of them all, as stated by Destructoid, Lefty’s Bar.

Looking for Love in Lost Wages

Larry; Larry Laffer is the very definition of a lovable loser. The man, for lack of a better qualification, is a character that is somehow unstuck in time. Larry, and what he represents, shouldn’t make sense in the year 2013, yet here we are looking at a new game starring the aged protagonist. “A new game?” you might be asking. Yes, this is a new game, because while the bones may belong to the classic point-and-click adventure game of 20+ years ago, it has been reimagined and rewritten to bring it into the 21st century.

The jokes, parts of the story, and even the puzzles have been rethought to both play up the nostalgia for those who played Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards, while also making the game seem fresher in the eyes of a more modern audience. Honestly, after playing through it yesterday I am finding it hard to figure out if it is set in the 1980′s or 2010′s. The jokes work from the perspective of either era; particularly with the narrator regularly breaking the fourth wall to comment on the jokes themselves.

Speaking of that narrator, Neil Ross makes his triumphant return to Leisure Suit Larry after having narrated the last true Larry game, Love for Sail back in 1997. Our younger readers, or anyone that never played an LSL title will likely recognize Neil from his work as the voice of the codex in the Mass Effect series. This, for the record, is a total mindfrell for me and at least partially explains my fascination with both series. Providing a narrator to this classic Larry adventure, as well as having Jan Rabson reprise the role of Larry Laffer, gives the tale of love, perversion, and feelings not wholly unfamiliar a new lease on life.

The Times They Are a-Changin’

Being a remake of a remake of a classic game, there are obviously some changes in store. I already mentioned that some of the puzzles and jokes have been rethought in an effort to spice up the title, but that’s not the only reason for a change. Due to the success of the Leisure Suit Larry: Reloaded Kickstarter campaign last year, the folks at Replay Games were able to add in a new “conquest” for the “venerable” Larry Laffer. Jasmine is a lovely, as well as welcome addition to the game; one in which I will not spoil. While her storyline doesn’t top the joy and absurdness of one of my personal favorite love interests, Fawn, I will say that she adds a certain heat to the already enjoyable game. With the addition of Jasmine, the folks at Replay Games and N-Fusion Interactive took the liberty of reworking some of the overall structure of Leisure Suit Larry. In the old days Larry would have the option of tracking down a certain inflatable friend in the hotel room of Eve, the final conquest, inflating said friend, and following it out onto the deck where he would meet the aforementioned Eve. In the new game, things are changed up drastically. Larry finds the blow-up doll still in the closet of a hotel room, but not the same one as before. Said balloon friend is also in terrible condition, requiring of an item that is acquired from Jasmine. It’s a slight change, sure, but it changes up the flow and forces longtime Larry fans to rethink their strategies for completing the game.
  24. Jun 28, 2013
    A great expanded remake and a welcome back for gaming's legendary jovial perv.
    A great expanded remake and a welcome back for gaming's legendary jovial perv.
    This is, like the games it remakes, an 80's sex comedy centering around the loser protagonist trying to get lucky in Lost Wages. It's funny, offers some new twists for people who played the original. Adventure game newbies used to detailed hint systems or interfaces that highlight objects may find the game difficult, but it plays like a classic adventure to the core- although the deaths are far less inconvenient, serving more as gag scenes for the player. If you like classic adventures and don't mind some ribald comedy, check it out. If you expect it to be something it's not...steer clear.
  25. Jun 29, 2013
    I loved the original 26 years ago and also love the remake. The remake is much better not only in the field of graphics. Many of the puzzles are revised and adapted to the present day. The new speech is just great and with the speaker I would like to have a beer sometime .

Considering the very fair price you have to just buy the game if you even just a little can inspire the main character Larry Laffer and you are in brilliant music in adventure games.
  26. Jun 28, 2013
    I have been a fan of Larry since I was a little kid in middle school and a friend handed us a pirated copy of Larry 1 and Larry 6. I eventually bought every collector's edition and Larry 7, and patiently waited for Larry 8, which never game.

LSL Reloaded is an excellent remake of the original, with new puzzles, characters, updated humor, tons of new stuff, and is still faithful to what made the first game a hit. I encountered 0 bugs while playing, the game never crashed. I am glad they delayed the release because I enjoyed a flawless experience. Replay has done an amazing job with this game, and they have my confidence for Larry 2.

Finally, Larry has come home
  27. Jun 28, 2013
    The Legend of seduction is back reviving old school moments with new awesome graphics. A lot of humor from the beginning to the end.
    They made a wonderful work with the remake I hope they make the same thing with the following Larry saga. Personally I think this kind of games (Graphics adventure, point n' click) that we grew up in the '80 '90 need to be released one more time (with awesome 2D graphics) for the new generation that have lost a lot of humor nowadays.

This is games that make people laugh hard! Cheers!
  28. Jun 29, 2013
    The graphics look really nice, the voice acting is great and the humor fits perfectly into the LSL theme. The relaxed background music also fits in really well. I really recommend this game to anyone who likes humor. The jokes aren't that dirty either, but more subtle and funny hints towards sexual things.

Only thing keeping people from this might be the controls. It takes a while to

Only thing keeping people from this might be the controls. It takes a while to get used to. Older players might be immediately comfortable with it, but younger players might never have seen this kind of games.
  29. Jun 29, 2013
    Having played all Leisure Suit Larry games, including the original text parser, and the "Lovage" ones,

I'm happy and thrilled to see the old white suit come back into play in such quality. Leisure Suit Larry: Reloaded isn't just the best of the Matrix sequels, it dolls up the original game up to Leisure Suit Larry 7: Love for Sail standards (or perhaps beyond?) Old jokes are still

Old jokes are still in here, as well as tons of new material, old puzzles given a bit of a twist so you have to think all over again instead of going through the motions. All for the sake of one noble goal: Getting a 40 year old some honey.

Other video game remakes WISH they could obtain the quality achieved in Reloaded, and it's set a new standard.
  30. Jun 29, 2013
    This is definitely the best version of Leisure Suit Larry In The Land Of The Lounge Lizards yet.

They could probably have gotten away with simply updating the graphics to modern standards, but the improvements don't stop there. Almost every item you see on screen can be clicked on and interacted with in multiple ways. And each interaction results in a unique response. There are no generic lines to be found anywhere. The changed and added puzzles make the game interesting even for long-time Larry fans. The story is still basically the same, but many of the puzzles need to be solved differently. And, of course, there is a new sub-plot with a new girl added to the game.

There is just one change that I didn't like. In the previous versions of the game you were awarded points for your actions. You could easily finish the game without the maximum points and you just knew that you missed something in the game. That added to the replayability. In the new version, the score system is unfortunately gone. It is no big deal, but I hope it will be back in future Larry games.

If you liked the first Larry game before, you will like Larry Reloaded even more. If you only know the Larry from Magna Cum Laude or Box Office Bust, this is a game to show you why Larry Laffer is one of the most beloved characters in game history. If you always hated adventure games, this will probably not make you change your mind.

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Oct 7, 2013
    Although the animation isn't what you expect, Larry's return makes you laugh. It proves that adventure games aren't relics, and that something we considered funny as we were kids is still funny. The game relies on nostalgia, but adds its own flavor to the mix. [Aug 2013]
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Sep 19, 2013
    A technologically excellent and humorous remake of the original Larry game is an enjoyable little game. Especially for those contemporaries of the once famous series, who are now overgrown by moss. [Issue#232]
  3. PC Gamer
    Sep 13, 2013
    I just sat there and gambled until I finally felt so angry with the game that I wanted to stab my screen. [Nov 2013, p.78]