6.5

1. May 1, 2013
    Great little turn based time waster. Felt it has similarities to Frozen Synapse.
    The PC version could use a few extra tweaks in the controls to make it more friendly.
    The Tutorial was a bit brief, not explaining much of the game to you after 2 rounds. Overall enjoyable, single player is fun. Network is great but a bit laggy at the moment. In game store already has DLC's available. So
    In game store already has DLC's available. So this looks like a DLC explosion game (if that bothers you, think Magicka)
  2. May 3, 2013
    Another game that releases with a (relatively) massive amount of Day 1 DLC. The product description, which once read that you could play "up to 3 factions and 11 ships" has been removed. Why? Because you can only play 1 faction and 3 ships for your $10. For another $4.50 each, you can by the other 2 factions. So, to actually get the game they advertise, you have to pay $20, not $10.Another game that releases with a (relatively) massive amount of Day 1 DLC. The product description, which once read that you could play "up to 3 factions and 11 ships" has been removed. Why? Because you can only play 1 faction and 3 ships for your $10. For another $4.50 each, you can by the other 2 factions. So, to actually get the game they advertise, you have to pay $20, not $10.

This puts Paradox right up there with EA in terms of shady practices. Not something I ever expected from them, hence I bought it without waiting for a review. My mistake. Won't happen again, Paradox. For that matter, you won't ever get my money again without an apology for this product.
  3. May 6, 2013
    The gameplay is good once you get used to it, personally I have no real problems with the controls. The graphics are good, with the big naval guns having a lot of weight to them. There isn't all that much single player content, and what there is really needs to be played coop anyway. Hopefully more will be added over time, but as it is I'd say it's currently worth the money.
  4. May 1, 2013
    Not much to say, the game is a port from mobile platform, the controls are boring. Believe me or not this thing have lag, yes, a turn based game with lag. Graphics are ok but for some unknown reason they cannot have in-game AA, you need to force it by your driver. And the greatest thing of all, this game have a in-game shop with "DLCs" that charge you nearly a price of a new full game.Not much to say, the game is a port from mobile platform, the controls are boring. Believe me or not this thing have lag, yes, a turn based game with lag. Graphics are ok but for some unknown reason they cannot have in-game AA, you need to force it by your driver. And the greatest thing of all, this game have a in-game shop with "DLCs" that charge you nearly a price of a new full game. Pathetic Paradox. Expand
  5. May 5, 2013
    Excellent game, blast with friends, awesome customization system and lovely graphics. This game is a definite 10/10, anyone and everyone should buy this game. There's a huge amount of content and I would have no problems paying $30 for this. Can't wait to play it on my tablet! Well done Paradox
  6. Apr 30, 2013
    I was definitely looking forward to this game since I have a big itch of the turn-based strategy variety however after playing an hour of this game it is clearly an iOS/Android port.

Everything is controlled via click-and-drag with no right click shortcut menus, there are no hotkeys (besides space for commit) to speak of, the tutorial has you commit 2 turns before even allowing you to move and I have a sneaking suspicion that server side load makes committing moves even in the single-player tutorials incredulously slow (up to a minute in length) to the point of tearing my hair out.

Playing offline is a lot more responsive and I managed to have some fun in single player campaign but offline mode is naturally quite limited and since you don't log in it doesn't save the progress you make to your warships account.

As a PC game, I expected better of this. Shame on you.
  7. May 4, 2013
    There is so much potential here that I hope is realized in future updates. Paradox has released a game that has little content, and some day-1 DLC that costs more than the game. Not a good start.

1. Level size. Much too small, especially given this is a naval strategy game. Give us some open water to work with and it would improve the game immensely! 2. Weapon choices/balance.

2. Weapon choices/balance. Because of claustrophobic levels and minimum firing distances, the weapons designed for longer range combat are crippled. Artillery is entirely useless. Rockets are OP, as you can load up a ship with them and carpet bomb enemies with impunity. I hope they fix the weapons so that filling ships with rockets and/or the smallest cannons is no longer the only real option.

3. A.I. It's pretty bad. They frequently run themselves ashore and die. Their railgun accuracy is horrible except at point blank range, which works out because they LOVE to come flying out of the fog and crash into you, causing as much or more damage to themselves as they do to your ship. Sure it's funny and all, but it makes no sense as a naval tactic, and it further invalidates long range weapons.

4. Hulls. There are barely any, unless of course you pay $10 for two DLC's to unlock some that should have come with the game. The points system is pretty cool, but we need more choices!

5. Content. The campaign was short and pretty boring, even during co-op with friends. The challenges are basically tower defense levels. Altogether it's 5-8 hours depending on skill and how much lag you experience (if playing co-op). I'm sure Paradox has plans to release additional campaigns/challenges, but I suspect it will be more overpriced DLC. It would be great if there was a way to set up your own levels against A.I., but there isn't. There's little incentive to replay anything, and online matchmaking is pretty barren, even so soon after release.

There is a good foundation here that I really hope they expand on. Sadly, right now the game just isn't much fun. Balance is not good, content is lacking, interface and graphics are nothing special.
  8. May 4, 2013
    The game is decent... But that is it.

Short and mediocre single player/ co op campaign, but one would be foolish to skip the multiplayer which is the games strongest point. It's a real blast. Full of release DLC, lag and a few bugs are other let downs of this game... But despite this I have found the game rather enjoyable. Just wish the game was more than it was. It could have
    The game is decent... But that is it.

Just wish the game was more than it was. It could have been so much more.
  9. May 5, 2013
    Had a great time with this with my friends. The campaign is fun. The versus modes are good as well. Besides the launch problems, we have been playing the entire weekend. Great value!
  10. Jun 10, 2014
    No es mala la idea pero no acaba de funcionar como conjunto. Entretiene pero poco ya que las mecánicas no acaban de despegar y se hace un poco repetitivo.
  11. May 3, 2013

1. Jul 23, 2013
    Leviathan is worth its price only in multiplayer as the single-player campaign is too shoddy and boring – just don’t forget to make yourself a big cup of valerian tea beforehand.
  2. Jun 19, 2013
    Engrossing, lovely to look at and with a potentially healthy shelf-life, if the multiplayer gets a toehold and gels cross-platform.
  3. Jun 9, 2013
    A mediocre and too simplistic game piece leaving you buying some more fleets moreover. Its single-player campaign is anything but gaming world-shaking. The only positive is its multiplayer game.