• Publisher: SaintXi
  • Release Date: Jun 4, 2009
8.1

1. May 5, 2011
    There have been many Space Based RTS games recently, but none have brought this kind of enjoyment, the graphics, while being not exactly 2009 quality, they look good and the most important feature in any game, gameplay....gameplay feels great, the only downside is the lack of a open-ended game mode.

I found the interface very well put together, though it would have been good to see the current relationships with the other factions so you don't accidentally attack the wrong factions, like i have done.

I would have given it a 10/10, if not for the following reasons.

1: Linear gameplay

2: Lack of a open-ended game mode

3: Lack of diplomacy
  2. Aug 30, 2012
    Light of Altair is unpleasant to look at, unpleasant to listen to and unpleasant to play in general. I gave up after the second mission when I realised that all of the game was going to be one unusually long tutorial.
  3. May 12, 2012
    This is definitely one of those games where the term synergy applies. Although there's no one thing about it that is truly great, the colony building, ship combat, pleasant visuals, and the nice techno-electronica soundtrack combine to make for a fun and engaging gaming experience. Also, the story may not be up to Bethesda RPG standards, but it does serve to move the game along nicely.This is definitely one of those games where the term synergy applies. Although there's no one thing about it that is truly great, the colony building, ship combat, pleasant visuals, and the nice techno-electronica soundtrack combine to make for a fun and engaging gaming experience. Also, the story may not be up to Bethesda RPG standards, but it does serve to move the game along nicely. Additionally, if you're looking for something in the middle ground between the super-simple and uber-complex games, this one is just right for you. It should also be noted that the game was created by just two people and costs 15$. This is interesting as I consider it a lot more fun than the bloated, pretentious, and expensive junk put out by the enormous Blizzard and EA studios. I pretty much agree with everything the IGN reviewer said, though I rate the game slightly higher than they did. In fact I would really like to give it a 9, but since I've not yet finished it I'm erring on the side of conservatism and giving it a solid 8. Collapse
  4. May 12, 2012

A decent distraction for strategy fans to indulge in as well as a good entry into the realm of economic strategy titles. There are definitely better ones out on the market, but this one is cheap and will surely run well on nearly any computer from the last few years.
  2. Everything is big and clunky. [Sept 2009, p.74]
  3. Expect no revolution to the genre but a catchy space strategy. Fast paced scenarios and a user friendly interface on the one side, automatic battles and flat music on the other - in a surprisingly entertaining game. [Aug 2009]