• Publisher: NCSOFT
  • Release Date: Apr 27, 2004
6.5

1. Jun 29, 2011
    I did waste a couple of years on this game until I discovered just about any other mmo is a better choice.

Nothing uniqe about this mmo except for the fact you can spend thousands of hours doing repeatative grinding and still wonder if you will ever reach the end game content.

Unless you cheat and buy gold and pay some one to level up your toon. The pvp system breacks down to who has
    cheated longer. You hit your 2 maybe 3 big hitting skills first followed by your 1 spam skill and wait for your big hitters to cool down. If you have spent more real world money to buy a bigger stick or spend an infinate time playing the game you win. Win or lose you feel no sence of skill involved. As limited as your skills are at the start little change as you level up because they give the same amount of new skills and old skills become worthless.

The large class system is really a few simualr class's with a little changes.

The luring raid boss and castle seiges in the vidoes would make the game seem epic but skill less pvp ruins the seiges. The raids take a long time to gather a party of 10 to 100 payers depending on the raid who all must be around the same level and its pain to get 3 people to form a party to do regualr boring grind.
  2. Feb 11, 2012
    Bots, bots, game crash, bots, bots, bots, game crash, bots, bots, more bots, game crash.

That about sums up Lineage 2. What utter garbage this game is. The game is so full of bots that even the starting newbie zones are jam packed with them. I could not complete the very first few quests because they required me to kill X number of mobs. There were none to kill as all the bots were
    running around spawn killing them. Also the game crashes. I mean it crashes a LOT. I'm not sure if the developers just gave up on stopping all the botting going on, but it's EVERYWHERE in the game. No joke or exaggeration, they really are in almost every spot in the game where mobs spawn. My recommendation: Don't Play This Game. Let It Die. Expand
  3. Sep 18, 2013
    I have played this game for almost 7 years (with some breaks in-between). The game has changed a lot after the Goddess of Destruction Chronicle. It can be very addictive game but it is also one of the worst grind games (maybe tops all others). PvP is the best aspect of the game but one need to be top level to be effective in that. getting to top levels, one has to spend a lot of time and money (to buy items that provide bigger experience point for the same time). The biggest problem currently is the extensive cheating. People use programs to automate gameplay (both on PvE and PvP) as well as buy in-game money with real (RMT) to acquire better gear. Another serious problem is that decision making for the game is made in Korea (it is a Korean game after all) and the Korean player base is always used as reference (sadly very different than Western population). Expand
  4. Nov 23, 2013
    There are tons of excellent games to try, a thousand time betters than this crap to waste your time, is a plain MMORPG that takes too long in the repeated formula of "kill things to get equipment, the kill tougher things" and access good content, doesn't worth the risk.
  5. May 30, 2014
    Probably can provide a nice PvP experience, but Lineage II is based off a single thing: click on the same monster a bunch of times, until you level up. It is a real waste of time, and a disappointement for NCSOFT.

1. For anyone new to the genre, this isn’t the best place to start due to the technical flaws and PvP griefing. Even veterans of the online role-playing genre will find the many errors impeding their fun.
    A gorgeous boilerplate game with little innovation and many sections of tedious play.
  3. My biggest complaint is the excruciating grind, where you hunt creatures for experience points and money. [July 2004, p.66]