7.5

1. AWG
    Jun 22, 2013
    This game allows you to burn things to get combos and Steam achievements. Could it be any bad? It could not. And in fact it isn't. Little Inferno will never be remembered as a great game (it's not really "great", and it's not even really a game) but it's a funny way to spend some hours.
    The final sequence is boring as hell but ehi you don't have to watch it all.
  2. Jan 13, 2015
    I enjoyed myself enough for the €3 I spent on it I guess. I was disappointed by the "story" though. From what I've read I expected, well something. It was cute, and I had a chuckle at times but the ending didn't make any sense. Why implement such an ending if you're not gonna explain anything? I'm very confused by this.
  3. Jun 10, 2014
    Otra experiencia interactiva bastante loca, el arranque parece sencillo y sin sentido pero acaba atrapando por su sencillez y por la sensación de que oculta muchos secretos y una narrativa más compleja de lo que parece. Buena compra en rebajas.
  4. Mar 17, 2013
    This game do have the narrative, artstyle, music and charm to be really good. The gameplay is sadly a joke. Its about putting stuff inside your fireplace and burning them. Which might sound like an intriguing setting for a puzzle game. This is however not a puzzle game. The gameplay is based around buying stuff from a catalog, waiting for the stuff to arrive, putting them in yourThis game do have the narrative, artstyle, music and charm to be really good. The gameplay is sadly a joke. Its about putting stuff inside your fireplace and burning them. Which might sound like an intriguing setting for a puzzle game. This is however not a puzzle game. The gameplay is based around buying stuff from a catalog, waiting for the stuff to arrive, putting them in your fireplace, lighting them on fire, waiting for the fire to go out and then repeating the process. And this gets old kind of fast. The only puzzle-like element in this game is that you get combos needed to advance by burning two specific items together based around a vague achievement-like sentence found at the top of your screen. Which aint all that satisfying. The story in this game might have its charm but when the gameplay is both dull and unsatisfying you start to wonder why they chose to make a video-game instead of a movie. But it doesn't matter if you consider this an interactive movie or a video game. I do personally not recommend this entertainment product since i didn't have a good time with it. And it aint more complicated than that. Expand
  5. Jun 10, 2013
    A short game, not really good but not really bad either. Yeah, I get that this is a parody, but it isn't really playable after the first five minutes. Wouldn't buy for the original price, maybe for a buck or so ;p
  6. Sep 19, 2014
    Little Inferno starts with a bang and then fizzles into a gimmick of combining objects based on bad puns. I burned out on this game within an hour of lighting it up for the first time.
  7. Aug 17, 2013
    This is a completely, totally, and utterly terrible "game". Let me summarize the entire game for you:

You have coins. You spend these coins on items to burn. Burning those items gets you coins. This is the entire game. There are no tricks to this you can just set anything on fire by clicking on it. There's nothing else to the game. It is 100% setting things on fire in your

You have coins.

You spend these coins on items to burn.

Burning those items gets you coins.

This is the entire game. There are no tricks to this you can just set anything on fire by clicking on it. There's nothing else to the game. It is 100% setting things on fire in your fireplace. Over and over and over again.

There is some attempt to add a puzzle to the game with "combos", where you get a little gold star for burning the right two (or three) items together, but there's nothing special about burning them together other than the specific combo name nothing special happens.

The game is not really even a game so much as it is an utter waste of time. It feels like some terrible social game, as you don't even get the items you ordered instantly but have to wait for them to arrive, just so you can burn them.

The game takes hours to go through and gives you nothing in return. Do not buy this game. Do not play this game. It is utter drivel.
  8. May 30, 2013
    Little Inferno is a game where you progress by purchasing and burning various objects while getting combos and earning more money.

I had expected a terrible game after reading some of the reviews. I hated Doodle God with a passion, and Little Inferno has similar gameplay. However, I found myself loving this game for its short duration. The game's atmosphere is wonderful, and the story is short, but very enjoyable. I love the items too... they're funny and they're entertaining when they burn.

The gameplay is a bit lackluster. The combos make sense most of the time, but a small handful of them require some moon logic. A bit of the time is spent waiting for items to arrive... you really have to manage time well to avoid sitting and doing nothing.

Thankfully, everything else makes up for the gameplay. The story, graphics, and sound are on par with World of Goo, which was phenomenal. Overall, I found this to be a very enjoyable experience, and I'd recommend it to anyone that can enjoy a more patient game. Wait for it to go on sale, though... I beat it in only a few hours.
  9. May 15, 2014
    Who knew it could be so fun to burn stuff up? This game is good for 3 or 4 hours before you will get bored waiting for the packages to be delivered. Yay!
  10. May 17, 2014
    Good game, but with a very limited period of life. You'll play for up to five hours because you will end the story, then you will uninstall the game because restart the story again is totally unnecessary because there is only one possible outcome. At the end of the story, you can start burning objects, but that's it. In short, a game that is too short for its price, and that deserves aGood game, but with a very limited period of life. You'll play for up to five hours because you will end the story, then you will uninstall the game because restart the story again is totally unnecessary because there is only one possible outcome. At the end of the story, you can start burning objects, but that's it. In short, a game that is too short for its price, and that deserves a longer story, or with several options. Expand
  11. Nov 30, 2013
    A fun game for about 30 mins, but after that things get tedious and repetitive. Order items from a catalog, burn them, try to make combos, repeat. The time constraint on having your packages delivered is frustrating given that it's sole purpose seems to be wasting your time. Even so, I played through the entire game to see what the story was about. Unfortunately the ending was a bit of aA fun game for about 30 mins, but after that things get tedious and repetitive. Order items from a catalog, burn them, try to make combos, repeat. The time constraint on having your packages delivered is frustrating given that it's sole purpose seems to be wasting your time. Even so, I played through the entire game to see what the story was about. Unfortunately the ending was a bit of a let down just like everything else. Expand
  12. May 28, 2013
    If you're expecting something like world of goo you would be extremely disappointed and anything remotely close comes really at the end, which most people wouldn't even have played it that far. The game itself is boring and seems very uninspired. Certainly not your money's worth if you expect a puzzle game, no, all you do is burn stuff. That's it, not even a scent of puzzle solving. That'sIf you're expecting something like world of goo you would be extremely disappointed and anything remotely close comes really at the end, which most people wouldn't even have played it that far. The game itself is boring and seems very uninspired. Certainly not your money's worth if you expect a puzzle game, no, all you do is burn stuff. That's it, not even a scent of puzzle solving. That's how shallow this game is. Would avoid if possible, mine came in my humble bundle, but I wouldn't even consider it a bonus. Expand
  13. Apr 20, 2013
    I've just finished it and I'm quite surprised about how much fun and surprises this game supposed to me.
    It's quite simple and slow paced, but is quite enjoyable playing relaxed and attending to the hidden story.
    Maybe I'm happier with it because I took it on a Steam offer, getting it for 2 bucks or similar...
    In my opinion, good game!
  14. Jun 2, 2013
    2D are back, this time with something VERY new! This is an alternative take on all those "Fireplace" apps you see on the app store, While most of those "Fireplace" apps are pointless crap, Little Inferno is far from it, it's a sandbox style burn-a-ton-of-crap game, there are over 100 items to burn and it's different every time thanks to the dynamic fire engine made specifically for this2D are back, this time with something VERY new! This is an alternative take on all those "Fireplace" apps you see on the app store, While most of those "Fireplace" apps are pointless crap, Little Inferno is far from it, it's a sandbox style burn-a-ton-of-crap game, there are over 100 items to burn and it's different every time thanks to the dynamic fire engine made specifically for this game, it spreads realistically and it's satisfying to watch, you can combine any of the 100 items to make a different outcome, you can even burn pictures of real people that the game can snap right off your facebook, the game has a subtle story and lightly plays behind you but isn't important at all, then there is the combo system that are the grunt of the game, experiment with different combinations to gain rewards:More items(Including 1-off items from the story)

This is not the sequel to World Of Goo, While the game is referenced multiple times, it's purely a fan factor inserted by 2D, This is again going to start a new genre of casual gaming that isn't dull puzzle games(Which lets be fair, World Of Goo started), for a £6 title, this game is worth every penny and right now, you can get it for £4 on humble bundle with 6 other great indie titles! The critic's do the game no justice, 2D attempted to make a dynamic sandbox fireplace game and they did it well too, This game is no more and no less than that and I found it incredibly entertaining and not once did a flaw jump out at me, thats why Little Inferno gets a perfect score!
  15. Jul 30, 2013
    It's funny, it's strange, it's novel. This is basically a story that you progress through as you burn combinations of things in a fireplace. There are a 100 combinations to find, and all you know are the combination names. Hmm, cold war combo? What could that be? Must browse catalogs, order stuff, burn! I loved it and it made me laugh.
  16. Mar 18, 2014
    I am massively surprised about this games low score, from my experience, it's fantastic!

Pros:
    Charm
    Surprisingly emotional
    Unbeatable soundtrack
    FIRE!!!!

Cons:
    Item delivery times get tedious

Little inferno is unique, but can be slow at times...you can also burn a toaster, what more could you want?
  17. Oct 18, 2014
    This is art. It's hardly even a game, and the tacked on combos show it really doesn't want to be. It's a brief, incredible experience that force you to wait, and in turn to idle and think. A beautiful story not nearly as simple as it seems on the surface, wrapped up in fascinating moral dilemmas and tests of the player's humanity will blow your mind and make you think. I played it a goodThis is art. It's hardly even a game, and the tacked on combos show it really doesn't want to be. It's a brief, incredible experience that force you to wait, and in turn to idle and think. A beautiful story not nearly as simple as it seems on the surface, wrapped up in fascinating moral dilemmas and tests of the player's humanity will blow your mind and make you think. I played it a good three and a half months ago and still think about it all the time. i still listen to the soundtrack, I still debate in my mind what the true messages were. Don't look it up. Don't read reviews. Stop it. Close those tabs. You found your game. The gameplay isn't "fun", but it isn't supposed to be. Especially recommended to fans of classic movies, literature or ESPECIALLY creative writing and advanced English studies. The less you know going in, the better.

Just don't quit until the ending. Believe in your heart that every seemingly monotonous task WILL be worth it in the end.
  18. Mar 15, 2013
    I got this game on sale today for $4. Had I paid another cent I would've been furious. As it is, I've beaten the game within four hours today and have paid $1 per hour of fun. For a game that typically boasts a $10-$15 price tag there should be MUCH more content. While everything I've said is nothing you haven't already heard about this game I'll offer this: If you can get the game on saleI got this game on sale today for $4. Had I paid another cent I would've been furious. As it is, I've beaten the game within four hours today and have paid $1 per hour of fun. For a game that typically boasts a $10-$15 price tag there should be MUCH more content. While everything I've said is nothing you haven't already heard about this game I'll offer this: If you can get the game on sale (Like this weekend, 3/15/13 until 3/18) do it and do it with the knowledge that you're buying a $4 toy, not a game. That's what Little Inferno is: a toy. Sadly, this toy loses it's charm after the first play-through, and the "ending" is about as useless as a flat tire (and that's how it comes across: flat). Come to think of it, perhaps the $4 sale price is STILL too high. If you have $4 to burn (pun intended) and you haven't already played the Binding of Isaac (or another excellent $4/$5 game), you could do slightly worse than this somewhat charming game. Expand
  19. Nov 20, 2012
    I was a HUGE fan of 2D Boy's first game called World of Goo. It was a work of art from the art style, the music, the puzzles, and most importantly the gameplay and story. Right when I saw Little Inferno on steam I got very excited to see what these guys would bring in the realm of great puzzles and interesting stories next but I was extremely dissapointed and honestly feel ripped off.I was a HUGE fan of 2D Boy's first game called World of Goo. It was a work of art from the art style, the music, the puzzles, and most importantly the gameplay and story. Right when I saw Little Inferno on steam I got very excited to see what these guys would bring in the realm of great puzzles and interesting stories next but I was extremely dissapointed and honestly feel ripped off. Not many games have made me actually feel ripped off as if I payed too much for the product. Off the top of my head the games that I have honestly REGRETED purchasing were dead island, AC revelations/brotherhood, and now Little Inferno. The great art style and amazing soundtrack is still there but thats where anything good ends. Let me summarize this game for you so you can decide if you want to purchase this without any spoilers:

-The game consists entireley of buying (with fake currency) a toy or object, dragging it with other objects into a sqaure fire place and buring them together trying to get combinations of 2 or 3 together. A small hint is supplied for each combo. That is literally 99% of this game. There are a few cool effects that some of the objects have with each other or with fire but thats only cool the first time, not the [explitive] 30th time you burn that crap. I literally felt nauseaus and had a headache after playing this game, there is no actual puzzle to stimulate your mind or challenge you, it is literally just reading a hint like "bear trap" and buying a bear toy and a trap toy and burning them together to get more coins to do the whole process over again with a different toy. My intelligence felt insulted from this game, I started playing it thinking, "Okay this is just the beginning, the whole game cant possibly just be this" and lo and behold that is all the game consists of short of a ***minor spoilers*** very short, confusing, and non interesting albeit slightly funny ending sequence that Tomorrow Corp (2D Boy) tried to make seem interesting with slightt "mysterious" letters sent to you throughout the game.

Please dont think for a SECOND that this game is anywhere near as good, interesting, or even charming as World of Goo. Thats the only reason that I bought this game and I will NEVER be tricked by 2D Boy again, even if they change there name a third time. This literally felt like a [expletive]ing childs game suitable for an age range of 2-at the very most 10 but whats worse is I wouldnt even suggest it for children because it could give them the idea to play with fire so it obviously wasnt even geared towards children. Save your money but if you absolutely must have it and dont beleive me, then at least wait for a steam sale or a Humble Indie bundle with the game, I wouldnt even buy this game for $5 unless that went to helping a charity. Youve lost a big fan 2D Boy aka Tomorrow Corp, but world of goo shall still remain one of my favorite games.
  20. Jan 28, 2013
    It's a cool indie game. A little overpriced right now so wait for one of those huge discount indie sale bundle things to get it. All in all I had a good time with it and spent a day playing it while it was snowing outside (clutch). It kept me warm while I got some laughs and had some fun. I don't see people playing this more than a day but it's relatively cheap so it is what it is as they say.
  21. Jan 6, 2013
    Cute little game with a generally fun combo-matching mechanic, a satisfying flame effect and good humor in the writing and excellent animations. Unfortunately it spends far too much effort trying to tell a moralistic story and the end is just pretentious - worse, it takes forever to get to its point by adding way, way too much padding dialog. That said it'd be worth picking up on sale.
  22. Oct 17, 2014
    This is a beautiful game. The graphics and design look great. But it is not interesting. It's the same type of time waster game you'd find on Facebook for free with in-game purchases to speed up the built in waiting that you have to do to get more currency. The combos are a bit fun to discover. I got this as part of a HumbleBundle, but if you pay anything significant for it, you'llThis is a beautiful game. The graphics and design look great. But it is not interesting. It's the same type of time waster game you'd find on Facebook for free with in-game purchases to speed up the built in waiting that you have to do to get more currency. The combos are a bit fun to discover. I got this as part of a HumbleBundle, but if you pay anything significant for it, you'll probably be disappointed. Expand
  23. Jan 30, 2013
    Little Inferno has good basic idea, but it doesn't prevent the frustration when you have played for a while: it gets very repetitive. Developers might have tried to do simple and fun game, but game is too simple and idea does not evolve during gameplay. It is the big minus. Maybe this game could be nice and simple for kids.
  24. Sep 11, 2013
    I need just one word to describe this masterpiece: Art.

Little Inferno is more than a game. It is a way of communication between the developers and the player. It's far more than just burning random objects. You will be trapped by the beauty of the fire, by the depth of the story and by the epicness of the soundtrack. Just play it, and you will experience one of the most engaging
    I need just one word to describe this masterpiece: Art.

Just play it, and you will experience one of the most engaging indie game ever made. My congratulations to Tomorrow Corporation "the Future is.... Tomorrow".
  25. Mar 24, 2013
    Ahh, here we are again with another great game by the Tomorrow Corporation (formerly known as 2D Boy). Their most famous other game is the legendary World of Goo, a game that was so deep and so challenging, that it tickled minds while blowing them at the same time. So, is Little Inferno of World of Goo Quality? I'm sorry to say that that's not the case here. Nothing could be such aAhh, here we are again with another great game by the Tomorrow Corporation (formerly known as 2D Boy). Their most famous other game is the legendary World of Goo, a game that was so deep and so challenging, that it tickled minds while blowing them at the same time. So, is Little Inferno of World of Goo Quality? I'm sorry to say that that's not the case here. Nothing could be such a masterpiece as World of Goo was, even if it's by the same people. But of all the games I've played, Little Inferno game me the familiar feeling that I was playing a game by the same people. It was a nice feeling as it always is. Little Inferno is really more of a fun experimental game rather than a real big game. The gameplay to it is so simple. Buy things, burn them for more money, find combos. Rinse and repeat. But where the game truly shines is in its storytelling. It tells a story of a world that's freezing as it constantly snows. It has gotten to the point where a fireplace where you burn whatever has been considered a toy for entertainment. How aware this game can become and how deep it's meaning becomes is just amazing. But there are three glaring issues. Since it's by the same people, the game has to be compared to World of Goo, and putting the two against each other, Little Inferno sadly doesn't stand a chance. The second problem is that the game is way too easy to beat. There are few combos that really make you experiment as many tend to be so easy, it's almost idiotic. The last problem I have with it is that for how little game you're given, they ask for quite a bit for a game that wastes your time quite a bit just to make a point. They do it quite well I will admit, but this game shouldn't cost us $10. I got it on sale but it wasn't really worth as much to me. I bought World of Goo for that much and it felt like it was worth so much more. So whether or not you think Little Inferno is worth your time is up to you. Despite all my complaints, I loved the game. The question really is: How much patience do you have? The game wastes time, but do you think it will be time well wasted? Expand
  26. Jan 15, 2013
    Pretty fun and setting things on fire as the main focus of game play is a new mechanic for me. It has an interesting "story" if you will that gets you thinking. Not much of a reason for another play through after you beat it. I would put this in the rent category but given its limitations, you're not missing much.
  27. Dec 7, 2013
    This game is a fun little toy...You burn stuff. Thats all there is. The items do special stuff (Like credit card burst into money.) And there are some puzzle aspects in the game like combining items. But the part that I LOVE is the story and art design. the first 2 hours is you burning stuff but the last 15mins is a amazing story. I would wait tip this game is on sale it is not worth the price.
  28. Jun 7, 2013
    Little Inferno is fun at first, but soon it gets old just burning things that do slightly different things, and the fact that you have to wait for new items to come, is just wrong, it makes it feel like a Facebook game, which are barely games. All-in-all, this is a toy, to finish it I had to pull up another game to play while I was waiting for items to come. I don't find it veryLittle Inferno is fun at first, but soon it gets old just burning things that do slightly different things, and the fact that you have to wait for new items to come, is just wrong, it makes it feel like a Facebook game, which are barely games. All-in-all, this is a toy, to finish it I had to pull up another game to play while I was waiting for items to come. I don't find it very entertaining and it's story is repetitive. Expand
  29. Aug 22, 2013
    Come on, everyone loves burning things! But seriously, this gameplay is very simple but strangely addicting and enjoyable. I expected good gameplay from this, and I got good gameplay. What I didn't expect was the story. I had no idea that a game like this could have a story. It was actually really deep and I really enjoyed it. It got me thinking, it really did. You need try this out, don'tCome on, everyone loves burning things! But seriously, this gameplay is very simple but strangely addicting and enjoyable. I expected good gameplay from this, and I got good gameplay. What I didn't expect was the story. I had no idea that a game like this could have a story. It was actually really deep and I really enjoyed it. It got me thinking, it really did. You need try this out, don't listen to critics, this game is amazing. Expand
  30. Jul 15, 2013
    This game's score is solely depends on whether you like mini puzzle games to spend time in or you want some storyline and character development in a game.

Don't get me wrong, this game has some flaws of course. First of all, it is not that long and will not take long before you complete it. Some puzzles are really easy or requires some sort of common knowledge, but Google usually helps you with references. Also some more animations or special items might have been better and finally, this game requires a DLC A.S.A.P.

The game is simple: you are basically burning up things and get money from them and with that money, you buy other stuff to burn. The trick is, there are some combos between some items that requires you to burn them together. For example (this is not a spoiler since this is not an existing combo) burning a sugar and a car will get you Sugar Rush Combo. Puzzles depends on the name of items, the description of items or some pop culture references.

As of today, the game is on Steam Summer Sale so I strongly suggest you to buy it, you will not be sorry

1. Feb 6, 2013
    A short experiment based around a fairly oblique puzzle system, Litter Inferno succeeds as a compelling curio. [Feb 2013, p.75]
    Little Inferno has a story to tell. It has neither beginning, nor end. It sports but a few characters, and does not care for correct narrative structure. It will leave you with plenty of questions, all of them unanswered. But it will accomplish what few games can. It will mesmerize you. It will awaken your imagination and force you to think of your own ending. It will move you and make you beg for more! [February 2013]
  3. Feb 1, 2013
    Little Inferno's argument against games I would never elect to play left me rather cold. [March 2013, p.79]