7.6

1. Nov 20, 2012
    I was a HUGE fan of 2D Boy's first game called World of Goo. It was a work of art from the art style, the music, the puzzles, and most importantly the gameplay and story. Right when I saw Little Inferno on steam I got very excited to see what these guys would bring in the realm of great puzzles and interesting stories next but I was extremely dissapointed and honestly feel ripped off.I was a HUGE fan of 2D Boy's first game called World of Goo. It was a work of art from the art style, the music, the puzzles, and most importantly the gameplay and story. Right when I saw Little Inferno on steam I got very excited to see what these guys would bring in the realm of great puzzles and interesting stories next but I was extremely dissapointed and honestly feel ripped off. Not many games have made me actually feel ripped off as if I payed too much for the product. Off the top of my head the games that I have honestly REGRETED purchasing were dead island, AC revelations/brotherhood, and now Little Inferno. The great art style and amazing soundtrack is still there but thats where anything good ends. Let me summarize this game for you so you can decide if you want to purchase this without any spoilers:

-The game consists entireley of buying (with fake currency) a toy or object, dragging it with other objects into a sqaure fire place and buring them together trying to get combinations of 2 or 3 together. A small hint is supplied for each combo. That is literally 99% of this game. There are a few cool effects that some of the objects have with each other or with fire but thats only cool the first time, not the [explitive] 30th time you burn that crap. I literally felt nauseaus and had a headache after playing this game, there is no actual puzzle to stimulate your mind or challenge you, it is literally just reading a hint like "bear trap" and buying a bear toy and a trap toy and burning them together to get more coins to do the whole process over again with a different toy. My intelligence felt insulted from this game, I started playing it thinking, "Okay this is just the beginning, the whole game cant possibly just be this" and lo and behold that is all the game consists of short of a ***minor spoilers*** very short, confusing, and non interesting albeit slightly funny ending sequence that Tomorrow Corp (2D Boy) tried to make seem interesting with slightt "mysterious" letters sent to you throughout the game.

Please dont think for a SECOND that this game is anywhere near as good, interesting, or even charming as World of Goo. Thats the only reason that I bought this game and I will NEVER be tricked by 2D Boy again, even if they change there name a third time. This literally felt like a [expletive]ing childs game suitable for an age range of 2-at the very most 10 but whats worse is I wouldnt even suggest it for children because it could give them the idea to play with fire so it obviously wasnt even geared towards children. Save your money but if you absolutely must have it and dont beleive me, then at least wait for a steam sale or a Humble Indie bundle with the game, I wouldnt even buy this game for $5 unless that went to helping a charity. Youve lost a big fan 2D Boy aka Tomorrow Corp, but world of goo shall still remain one of my favorite games.
  2. Nov 20, 2012
    The game is somewhat fun, and the visual style is very pleasing. So is the humour. It is a game from the developers of "World of Goo", visually and stylistically they are very similar. However, this is where similarities end. "Little Inferno" is not a game in a normal sense of word, you just take different toys and watch them burn in the fireplace. With over a hundred different toys withThe game is somewhat fun, and the visual style is very pleasing. So is the humour. It is a game from the developers of "World of Goo", visually and stylistically they are very similar. However, this is where similarities end. "Little Inferno" is not a game in a normal sense of word, you just take different toys and watch them burn in the fireplace. With over a hundred different toys with different animations you will have some fun indeed, but it quickly get repetitive. You will skim through all toys in a few hours, There's no real challenge. You need to find "combos" (burn specific items together) to progress, and while the game gives you hints on the available combos, it is still largely trial and error. Having to accumulate money to buy toys and wait for them to deliver/restock makes this process more of a burden than fun. The story is thin and unsatisfying. While some fourth-wall breaking adds a pleasant twist, it just is too simple. It doesn't really develop most of the themes hinted through the game.

Overall, while this game can be fun, it definitely a very short one and also a fun not for everyone. Nowhere near to World of Goo.
  3. Fix
    Nov 21, 2012
    Little Inferno is unlike any game you've played before. I wouldn't consider myself a casual gamer, but I was entertained from beginning to end. Just sit back, burn different toys together to figure out the combos, and watch as a story unfolds.
  4. Nov 19, 2012
    I would not call this a game in the traditional sense; instead it
  5. Dec 26, 2012
    It gets old very quick. The entire game revolves around burning stuff in a fireplace. It's well executed, the artwork is pretty nice and the animations are fun and well done, but there's just not enough there to keep me interested. There's no story, and it's certainly not a masterpiece, as some reviews claim. There's also a very weird time delay on the stuff you can burn. I found myselfIt gets old very quick. The entire game revolves around burning stuff in a fireplace. It's well executed, the artwork is pretty nice and the animations are fun and well done, but there's just not enough there to keep me interested. There's no story, and it's certainly not a masterpiece, as some reviews claim. There's also a very weird time delay on the stuff you can burn. I found myself literally staring at the screen waiting for my items to arrive from the ingame shop.. in a single player game. That's just inexcusable. Why would a developer want to bore their players like that? It's kinda like having a 2 minute respawn-time if you die or reload your game in Half-Life. Collapse
  6. Jan 28, 2013
    It's a cool indie game. A little overpriced right now so wait for one of those huge discount indie sale bundle things to get it. All in all I had a good time with it and spent a day playing it while it was snowing outside (clutch). It kept me warm while I got some laughs and had some fun. I don't see people playing this more than a day but it's relatively cheap so it is what it is as they say.
  7. Aug 17, 2013
    This is a completely, totally, and utterly terrible "game". Let me summarize the entire game for you:

You have coins. You spend these coins on items to burn. Burning those items gets you coins. This is the entire game. There are no tricks to this you can just set anything on fire by clicking on it. There's nothing else to the game. It is 100% setting things on fire in your

You have coins.

You spend these coins on items to burn.

Burning those items gets you coins.

This is the entire game. There are no tricks to this you can just set anything on fire by clicking on it. There's nothing else to the game. It is 100% setting things on fire in your fireplace. Over and over and over again.

There is some attempt to add a puzzle to the game with "combos", where you get a little gold star for burning the right two (or three) items together, but there's nothing special about burning them together other than the specific combo name nothing special happens.

The game is not really even a game so much as it is an utter waste of time. It feels like some terrible social game, as you don't even get the items you ordered instantly but have to wait for them to arrive, just so you can burn them.

The game takes hours to go through and gives you nothing in return. Do not buy this game. Do not play this game. It is utter drivel.
  8. Mar 17, 2013
    This game do have the narrative, artstyle, music and charm to be really good. The gameplay is sadly a joke. Its about putting stuff inside your fireplace and burning them. Which might sound like an intriguing setting for a puzzle game. This is however not a puzzle game. The gameplay is based around buying stuff from a catalog, waiting for the stuff to arrive, putting them in yourThis game do have the narrative, artstyle, music and charm to be really good. The gameplay is sadly a joke. Its about putting stuff inside your fireplace and burning them. Which might sound like an intriguing setting for a puzzle game. This is however not a puzzle game. The gameplay is based around buying stuff from a catalog, waiting for the stuff to arrive, putting them in your fireplace, lighting them on fire, waiting for the fire to go out and then repeating the process. And this gets old kind of fast. The only puzzle-like element in this game is that you get combos needed to advance by burning two specific items together based around a vague achievement-like sentence found at the top of your screen. Which aint all that satisfying. The story in this game might have its charm but when the gameplay is both dull and unsatisfying you start to wonder why they chose to make a video-game instead of a movie. But it doesn't matter if you consider this an interactive movie or a video game. I do personally not recommend this entertainment product since i didn't have a good time with it. And it aint more complicated than that. Expand
  9. Nov 21, 2012
    Little Inferno is a neat little game. It doesn't promise much and it delivers what it does: a fireplace simulator. Overall I enjoyed playing through it and I especially enjoyed the background story that was unfolded as I played. The only gripe I can think of is that it was a little too short. I played through quite conservatively, on and off, but if I'd have played in one sitting ILittle Inferno is a neat little game. It doesn't promise much and it delivers what it does: a fireplace simulator. Overall I enjoyed playing through it and I especially enjoyed the background story that was unfolded as I played. The only gripe I can think of is that it was a little too short. I played through quite conservatively, on and off, but if I'd have played in one sitting I would've finished it in about an hour. The price tag would need to be lowered significantly for this to be excused. Expand
  10. Jan 30, 2013
    Little Inferno has good basic idea, but it doesn't prevent the frustration when you have played for a while: it gets very repetitive. Developers might have tried to do simple and fun game, but game is too simple and idea does not evolve during gameplay. It is the big minus. Maybe this game could be nice and simple for kids.
  11. May 7, 2013
    Good game, maybe not worth the full price, because the gameplay is a bit monotonous. Apart from that, I really love the jokes in the game, and the burning of stuff is generally really fun stuff to do.
  12. Nov 22, 2012
    I admit, I expected a very smart puzzle game and what i got was a very casual sandbox and i still liked it.
    It's a lot of fun playing around with the mechanics. But I would have given it a 7 at most. But then the ending came (after about 3-4 hours). And never has a game managed to make me question myself and the whole gaming world as much as in the final few minutes of this game. It's true, it's not really a game, it's a statement. An epic interactive story which makes you think and question the way games are played nowadays and how big corporations try everything to pull as much money as possible out of your pocket.
    You can also see it as a story of hope, a kick in the a** if you will.
    Some people don't want that from a game, i understand that. These people won't like it at all.
    This is a wonderful breath of fresh air and will not be forgotten very soon.
  13. Nov 23, 2012
    It's not really a game per-say, but whatever it is, it's totally fun and awesome. Admittedly you're out of luck if you want in-depth puzzle solving, but frankly it's not like there's a lack of that in this marketplace, what it does offer that's rare and unique is spirit and humor, and a genre defying twist of gameplay I want more people trying.
  14. Mar 14, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Played this and found the game rather awesome (maybe because I just like to burn as many things as possible). The story is vague but that's what makes it unique and the little point and click adventure at the end throws some variation into the game, using some very cool narrative storytelling to finally explain what you have been doing all this time. A very unique, fun and thoughtful game. Expand
  15. Mar 16, 2013
    A ho hum indie game that set out to do something and did nothing. The 'gameplay' is watching things burn... it's basically an android game in terms of interaction. I get that some people find it fascinating but the reality is it shouldn't be more than a buck
  16. Jan 12, 2013
    It is a good game, but it is way too short and simple to get a good score. If there was other catalogs, adventures, and other stuff... It would be much better.
  17. Jan 15, 2013
    Pretty fun and setting things on fire as the main focus of game play is a new mechanic for me. It has an interesting "story" if you will that gets you thinking. Not much of a reason for another play through after you beat it. I would put this in the rent category but given its limitations, you're not missing much.
  18. Jan 19, 2013
    Fantastical adventure of the metaphor value of game mechanics. It's truly amazing much substance can spin off a simple burning simulator. Pay for the abnegation, play for the commentary of the story on the game industry.
  19. May 28, 2013
    If you're expecting something like world of goo you would be extremely disappointed and anything remotely close comes really at the end, which most people wouldn't even have played it that far. The game itself is boring and seems very uninspired. Certainly not your money's worth if you expect a puzzle game, no, all you do is burn stuff. That's it, not even a scent of puzzle solving. That'sIf you're expecting something like world of goo you would be extremely disappointed and anything remotely close comes really at the end, which most people wouldn't even have played it that far. The game itself is boring and seems very uninspired. Certainly not your money's worth if you expect a puzzle game, no, all you do is burn stuff. That's it, not even a scent of puzzle solving. That's how shallow this game is. Would avoid if possible, mine came in my humble bundle, but I wouldn't even consider it a bonus. Expand
  20. Mar 15, 2013
    'Tis on sale as I speak for 4 dollars until march 18. It's fun, but not in long periods of time. It's not worth a 10$ purchase, but it's worth a 4$ purchase. I got mostly what I wanted from the 4$ purchase. If I bought this when it was 10$, I would give it a 5, because it was overpriced. Anyways, onto the review.

Things I like- -Good story. -Burning things. -Explosions. Things I

Things I like-
    -Good story.
    -Burning things.
    -Explosions.

Things I dislike-
    -It's not good for long periods. Play it in short bursts.

Buy this game when it's on sale. Like it is now. Go buy it on steam for 4$, unless you are reading this after March 18 2013. If it goes on sale after that, buy it then,
  21. AWG
    Jun 22, 2013
    This game allows you to burn things to get combos and Steam achievements. Could it be any bad? It could not. And in fact it isn't. Little Inferno will never be remembered as a great game (it's not really "great", and it's not even really a game) but it's a funny way to spend some hours.
    The final sequence is boring as hell but ehi you don't have to watch it all.
  22. Jun 7, 2013
    Little Inferno is fun at first, but soon it gets old just burning things that do slightly different things, and the fact that you have to wait for new items to come, is just wrong, it makes it feel like a Facebook game, which are barely games. All-in-all, this is a toy, to finish it I had to pull up another game to play while I was waiting for items to come. I don't find it veryLittle Inferno is fun at first, but soon it gets old just burning things that do slightly different things, and the fact that you have to wait for new items to come, is just wrong, it makes it feel like a Facebook game, which are barely games. All-in-all, this is a toy, to finish it I had to pull up another game to play while I was waiting for items to come. I don't find it very entertaining and it's story is repetitive. Expand
  23. Dec 31, 2013
    Very nice game. Nice story and a funny games if you don't have much time and want to play a game. If you rage, its a very nice game to calm down! I can only rate to buy and try it out!
  24. May 17, 2014
    Good game, but with a very limited period of life. You'll play for up to five hours because you will end the story, then you will uninstall the game because restart the story again is totally unnecessary because there is only one possible outcome. At the end of the story, you can start burning objects, but that's it. In short, a game that is too short for its price, and that deserves aGood game, but with a very limited period of life. You'll play for up to five hours because you will end the story, then you will uninstall the game because restart the story again is totally unnecessary because there is only one possible outcome. At the end of the story, you can start burning objects, but that's it. In short, a game that is too short for its price, and that deserves a longer story, or with several options. Expand
  25. Sep 6, 2014
    It's not quite a game and more of an interactive fiction piece. It's fun to watch how things burn, but there's not a lot of challenge apart from finding combos. The quirky humor caries it through the few hours you'll spend playing it, but there's not a lot of replay value. The soundtrack and art aesthetic, however, are fantastic.
  26. Jun 9, 2013
    What an experience. This is not a mind-bender like Braid, or a building physics puzzler like World of Goo. Little Inferno is a charming little tale told in a unique way, backed up with some satisfying burny gameplay. There are tons of items to unlock, and subsequently burn to a crisp. Through the three hours it took me to complete the game, I didn't get bored. It was hardly taxing on theWhat an experience. This is not a mind-bender like Braid, or a building physics puzzler like World of Goo. Little Inferno is a charming little tale told in a unique way, backed up with some satisfying burny gameplay. There are tons of items to unlock, and subsequently burn to a crisp. Through the three hours it took me to complete the game, I didn't get bored. It was hardly taxing on the brain, but wasn't the point. The amazing score tops off this spellbinding game. Just play it. Expand
  27. Sep 19, 2014
    Little Inferno starts with a bang and then fizzles into a gimmick of combining objects based on bad puns. I burned out on this game within an hour of lighting it up for the first time.
  28. Jan 6, 2013
    Cute little game with a generally fun combo-matching mechanic, a satisfying flame effect and good humor in the writing and excellent animations. Unfortunately it spends far too much effort trying to tell a moralistic story and the end is just pretentious - worse, it takes forever to get to its point by adding way, way too much padding dialog. That said it'd be worth picking up on sale.
  29. Dec 27, 2014
    A cute little game with a large variety of items to burn. I initially thought it would be some boring sandbox, but there are tons of combinations to discover and the little bits of story thrown in are very meaningful. Only got about 3 and a half hours of play though, and I don't think i'll be coming back for more. In other words, it lacks replayability. Overall 8/10 and would definitelyA cute little game with a large variety of items to burn. I initially thought it would be some boring sandbox, but there are tons of combinations to discover and the little bits of story thrown in are very meaningful. Only got about 3 and a half hours of play though, and I don't think i'll be coming back for more. In other words, it lacks replayability. Overall 8/10 and would definitely recommend a pick up if on steam sale. Expand
  30. May 30, 2013
    Little Inferno is a game where you progress by purchasing and burning various objects while getting combos and earning more money.

I had expected a terrible game after reading some of the reviews. I hated Doodle God with a passion, and Little Inferno has similar gameplay. However, I found myself loving this game for its short duration. The game's atmosphere is wonderful, and the story is short, but very enjoyable. I love the items too... they're funny and they're entertaining when they burn.

The gameplay is a bit lackluster. The combos make sense most of the time, but a small handful of them require some moon logic. A bit of the time is spent waiting for items to arrive... you really have to manage time well to avoid sitting and doing nothing.

Thankfully, everything else makes up for the gameplay. The story, graphics, and sound are on par with World of Goo, which was phenomenal. Overall, I found this to be a very enjoyable experience, and I'd recommend it to anyone that can enjoy a more patient game. Wait for it to go on sale, though... I beat it in only a few hours.
  31. Dec 26, 2012

1. Feb 6, 2013
    A short experiment based around a fairly oblique puzzle system, Litter Inferno succeeds as a compelling curio. [Feb 2013, p.75]
    Little Inferno has a story to tell. It has neither beginning, nor end. It sports but a few characters, and does not care for correct narrative structure. It will leave you with plenty of questions, all of them unanswered. But it will accomplish what few games can. It will mesmerize you. It will awaken your imagination and force you to think of your own ending. It will move you and make you beg for more! [February 2013]
  3. Feb 1, 2013
    Little Inferno's argument against games I would never elect to play left me rather cold. [March 2013, p.79]