• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Jul 26, 2005
7.5

1. JedB.
    Mar 8, 2004
    This is the best simulation I have every owned. The graphics are fabulous and the detail is incredible. I have been flying mostly the A-10 Warthog and it is a pleasure. This is the one I have been waiting for all my gaming life. Thanks to Eagle Dynamics, great job. No kudos to the publisher, Ubi Soft. They did a lousy job with the release. I finally had to order it from Amazon.com because This is the best simulation I have every owned. The graphics are fabulous and the detail is incredible. I have been flying mostly the A-10 Warthog and it is a pleasure. This is the one I have been waiting for all my gaming life. Thanks to Eagle Dynamics, great job. No kudos to the publisher, Ubi Soft. They did a lousy job with the release. I finally had to order it from Amazon.com because the EB near my house didn't have any and claimed that Ubi Soft "ran out of them". I also did not get a Key Command Card but was able to finally get one sent to me after I called Ubi Soft. (By the way, to the reviewer below - Codemasters is the publisher of Operation Flashpoint, not Ubi Soft) Expand
  2. JohnF.
    Feb 5, 2004
    Just bought Lock On this past weekend. I really like it. It looks great, has lots of great aircraft and the missions are fun. I have not had a chance to fly multiplayer yet, but I will try this coming weekend. Just playing single player has shown me that this game is one of the best sims I have ever owned. I still can't believe how great it looks. Sure, it is not for older systems, I Just bought Lock On this past weekend. I really like it. It looks great, has lots of great aircraft and the missions are fun. I have not had a chance to fly multiplayer yet, but I will try this coming weekend. Just playing single player has shown me that this game is one of the best sims I have ever owned. I still can't believe how great it looks. Sure, it is not for older systems, I have a pretty good rig. But, if you are serious about flying complex jets then this is the one for you. I can understand that people that have inferior hardware might not like a game like this, but they are going to be crying big time when new games come out this year that are going to be just as demanding as Lock On. Don't make the mistake of listening to the doom and gloom bunch. Get this great game now. JF. Expand
  3. AndyM.
    Dec 16, 2003
    great game, I realy dont have any problems running it at all. Ok ive got a high spec computer but if you want to run a high spec game like this then you need the hardware to run it. I some times have to reming my self that its only a sim, the graphics are that good. I know there are some problems for some people but hopefully the up comming patch should sort those problems out.
  4. MikeK.
    AMAZING GAME !!!
  5. DaveC.
    Dec 17, 2003
    Looks amazing has cool graphics but my pc sucks to play it :(
  6. JurgenT.
    Dec 17, 2003
    Great game but even on easy somme things are very hard (can't shoot a plane down whit a missle)
  7. Rob
    Dec 18, 2003
    Splendid game - nice balance between hard-core sim and playablilty without sacrificing riealism. Given the support the developers gave Flanker2 and IL2, I have no doubt that this product will also receive solid support. There are some issues which need resolving (and I understand a patch is imminent). Notwithstanding this, the game is great and I'm addicted to it! Once patched, Splendid game - nice balance between hard-core sim and playablilty without sacrificing riealism. Given the support the developers gave Flanker2 and IL2, I have no doubt that this product will also receive solid support. There are some issues which need resolving (and I understand a patch is imminent). Notwithstanding this, the game is great and I'm addicted to it! Once patched, I'd give it a 10. As for now, a 9 will suffice. Expand
  8. AlexisG.
    Oct 2, 2004
    A fine game. Really enjoyed the look and feel of it. I am rather stupid when it comes to complicted games but this one was worth the time and study I put in to learn it. If a moron like me can enjoy it then I am sure others will be able to have a great time with this cool simulation game.
  9. Smack5
    Dec 16, 2003
    Great sim, even with the bugs (patch is on the way). Having said that, pay attention to the RECOMMENDED specs on the box. I'll second the "don't listen to the crybabies" comment. If your system is meeting the minimum specs, then be prepared for a minimal experience. With decent hardware, you shouldn't have many problems, and it's definately playable in it's Great sim, even with the bugs (patch is on the way). Having said that, pay attention to the RECOMMENDED specs on the box. I'll second the "don't listen to the crybabies" comment. If your system is meeting the minimum specs, then be prepared for a minimal experience. With decent hardware, you shouldn't have many problems, and it's definately playable in it's current state. Expand
  10. xy
    Love the A-10 :D
  11. Torch
    Dec 17, 2003
    This is LOMAC, need I say more. Bugs will be fixed and performance will increase as my PC gets better. But it isn't perfect (yet) so a 9 out of 10 is well deserved.
  12. RickL.
    Dec 17, 2003
    This is one incredible sim, which will only get better in time, like a fine wine. rjetster
  13. JoeC.
    Dec 20, 2003
    Unbelievable! This is a cool game! Amazing that there are so many crybabies that can't figure out how to load this game. I had no problems and I am no computer expert. If you like jets and modern weapons THIS is the game for you.
  14. JohnnyW.
    Oct 2, 2004
    Fantastic simulation of both Western and Eastern aircraft. Incredible graphics and accurate flight models. One of the best modern air combat sims I have EVERY flown. Ignore the crybabies and get this simulaiton! With the 1.02 patch it is a must if you love modern air warfare.
  15. TimI.
    Feb 13, 2004
    I just bought Lock On this past week. Spent the day playing it and have to say that it truly is a work of art. The attention to detail is outstanding. I did apply the V1.01 patch at the official website and I have had no problems running this simulation. This one is a keeper on my hard drive. I hope they make more add ons with new planes and missions. Tim.
  16. ThomasH.
    Feb 25, 2004
    You low raters are childish. This is an awesome sim you morons. Because you wont spend money on new hardware to enjoy this game you complain. na na na! Get a job lowlives.
  17. JamesR.
    Feb 5, 2004
    Call me a fanboy then. I just got this game last week and while I initially had some problems, once I had gone throught the Readme.txt file and made some adjustments the game ran fine. There were some bugs but after downloading the Version 1.01 patch from the www.lo-mac.com website and getting some additional performance tips from the official forum at the ubi soft's website, I have Call me a fanboy then. I just got this game last week and while I initially had some problems, once I had gone throught the Readme.txt file and made some adjustments the game ran fine. There were some bugs but after downloading the Version 1.01 patch from the www.lo-mac.com website and getting some additional performance tips from the official forum at the ubi soft's website, I have been enjoying this simulation greatly. It has the best graphics I have ever seen in any flight sim. The missions are challenging and fun. The multiplayer throught Hyperlobby is a total gas!!! I played online last night in a coop mission where we took out armored columns of Russian vehicles with A-10s. It was the most fun I have had playing online. This is a great game and I am one happy sim pilot for having purchased it. All you guys moaning must not being playing the same game that I am because this one is staying on my computer for years! Buy this game! Expand
  18. Luis
    Dec 16, 2003
    Best flight sim ever..with the right equiptment...ofcourse....
  19. FelixE.
    Great Game!
  20. s81o
    Dec 16, 2003
    Where flight simulators are concerned this is the finest, no doubt.
  21. AndyJ.
    Dec 16, 2003
    Well, not all that I've expected came true, but, technically, this is the best product on simulator arena now.
  22. Jenikov
    Dec 16, 2003
    Amazing graphics, sweetly modelled planes and incredibely cool ground battles. Good multiplayer and a great sense of teamwork if you play with the right crowd. Cons: Some instability issues, system hog, memory leak, and occasional weird behavious of planes/avionics. Finally: Best modern day sim to date, period.
  23. NazgulN
    Dec 16, 2003
    Its just another milestone in Flightsim history, it has great potential to become the best. I play Flightsims for over 20 years now, and ive seem them all, and played most of them. I gave it a Fat9, cos i know that nothing is perfect and complete, But Lock-on will, and then ill give it a 10 with stars*****
  24. DarthMaul
    Dec 16, 2003
    A very nice game. The Flanker roots are still there. Same Mission Editor witch is good. The interface is very easy to use. Only some small bugs,Missiles should be more efficient(all missiles Blue or Red). It is working on modes computers like mine.(XP2000/256Mb/Gf2MX).
  25. CN_Luke
    Dec 16, 2003
    This game is great, but need to be pulished a lot. In one year, if the developers keep patching it, creating addons and they add a dynamic campaign, will be a classic. If receives the same support as Strike Fighters P1, this sim will die soon. If is updated like IL2, will be the best jet fighter sim of all times.
  26. JohnB.
    Great sim.
  27. JamesKnight
    Dec 16, 2003
    This game is definatly the new benchmark for modern flight sims. Move over Falcon 4!
  28. MrMudd
    Dec 16, 2003
    In a time of multiple entertainment avenues for the home consumer. LOCK on has many challenges set before it. The choice ofton these days as opposed to the mid 90's when Flight Simulations were at their height. is now you have some competitors for your personal entertainment. Today you have Consoles, and DVDS, and internet to fill the void. In this publishers understand that the In a time of multiple entertainment avenues for the home consumer. LOCK on has many challenges set before it. The choice ofton these days as opposed to the mid 90's when Flight Simulations were at their height. is now you have some competitors for your personal entertainment. Today you have Consoles, and DVDS, and internet to fill the void. In this publishers understand that the Investment required to make a quality sim far exceeeds a return on investment. Lock on is a novel approach. in this approach they attemtped to laydown a high defined flying enviroment with plenty of dynamics and challenges available to the player provided tey wish to use the fast mission planner or user Mission planner. Te player is afforded multiple aircraft to fly. the other neat aspect. Is that theres other activities other than flying. With the high investment into AI objects in the game. battle scenarios and capabilities can be tested. This is one avenue military enthusiest will enjoy. Next is the Spielbergs of gameing. Those enthusiests that enjoy cinemetographer pursuits. this has been a very popular aspect of the IL2 online community. The differnce of Lomac is they provide you the media makeing tools. with a Track recording and playback feature, that allows the end user to manipulate camera views and then to record them with the movie makeing feature, that captures the whole event 1 screen capture at a time. While this is a slow process it provides you with game quality photage that far exceeds Digital out and or 3rd party screen capture methods. This is one feature that had the fans of this title ecstatic through the whole development process. When critics make instant judgements against lomac they fail to grasp the multitude of differnt activities available to the LOMAC consuker. Above is just a few of the highlights. LOMAC deliever a very very solid foundation with graphics quality far exceeding any simulation to date. It is an aviators wonderland. With multiple developers buyouts by several publishers and companies. I am amazed that the integrity of the simulation was held together. This is an Attribute to a very sound development plan that weighed, changeing budgets, Publisher deadlines and consumer expectations. the developers, Consultants, and Producers succeeded in creating a very solid foundation. On the surface to the hardcore crowd it may look below the par for genre. but i believe this is not the case. LOMAC never has had a Roof set over it. Its primary goal was to provide all the differnt Enthusiests an activity in one package. This title has Expansion and growth all over it. their is no limit, to what can be done in the sime for the enthusiest or the developer. This title is a goldmine. All that is required is forthe Consumer to pickup the tools that have been made available to them and harvest this multifaceted entertainment package. I belive lock on has sold the community a 500 Dolalr simulation package 40 dollars at a time. I expect great things from the Eagle Dynamics and Fighter Collection team. Expand
  29. V.D.
    Dec 16, 2003
    This is just a new Simbenchmark and a whole new Flightsimexperience, don´t miss it...
  30. PinpointH.
    Dec 16, 2003
    This game is under V1.0 There will be more patches, this will be the IL2 for the Modern Jet fighter. The campaingn editor is great and very easy to build missions. Many rant that its a beta, Ubi is beyond hope of proper distribution and advertisement. Eagle Dynamic built a very good flight simulator, its not a perfectly realistic, but it does the job and quite well. As with any new This game is under V1.0 There will be more patches, this will be the IL2 for the Modern Jet fighter. The campaingn editor is great and very easy to build missions. Many rant that its a beta, Ubi is beyond hope of proper distribution and advertisement. Eagle Dynamic built a very good flight simulator, its not a perfectly realistic, but it does the job and quite well. As with any new software, it has some demanding system specs in order to work well. I hope the soon to be patch will fix many of the major issues. Expand
  31. BisonBranco
    Dec 16, 2003
    Hey, it´s the best! Simple as that!
  32. Eagle
    Dec 16, 2003
    I love the game. I have a nice system with WinXP Pro and it works wonderfully. If you have a large system to run it the game is wonderful. I'd have liked more depth, but it's still a LOT of fun.
  33. JoeP.
    Dec 16, 2003
    Terrific ....best I've played..needs work, but played right out-of-the box w/ minor tweaks. Realistic and still "fun". Great grafics and sound. After patches..it will be superior and 10+ rating.
  34. 195th_HollywoodLeMieux
    Dec 16, 2003
    This game is very promising.. Although with its bugs that game has GREAT potential.. By far the best flight sim made...
  35. Ola
    The new benchmark
  36. FrankE.
    Dec 17, 2003
    Really really a rough diamond which will become the ultimate flight sim after a patch or two. BUY this one if you're the slightest bit interested in flight simulators.
  37. BillM.
    Dec 17, 2003
    Outstanding flight simulator. Only let down by lack of missions and dynamic campaign - which could limit its longevity. UBI needs to produce a campaign, or make it open sourced for 3rd party developers.
  38. RyanD.
    Awesome game!
  39. StaffanJ.
    Dec 17, 2003
    Flightdynamics are very accurate, sense of speed is fabulous, graphics are very nice (but powerhungry). Documentation is lacking to say the least, and a patch is required for some issues, I give it 9/10
  40. Witness
    Superb game!
  41. NS
    Dec 17, 2003
    Its everything a sim should be.
  42. DavidS.
    Dec 17, 2003
    LO-MAC offers the most detailed realistic and amazing graphic avionic and flight model EVER! it is a complete packadge, with immersion puringg out your eyes and ears, it is as close as you get to perfection and there is no flight simulation to beat it withing sights, graphic get 9/10, immersion get 8/10, realism get 9/10, multiplayer ease of use get 10/10, recording track/avi ability get LO-MAC offers the most detailed realistic and amazing graphic avionic and flight model EVER! it is a complete packadge, with immersion puringg out your eyes and ears, it is as close as you get to perfection and there is no flight simulation to beat it withing sights, graphic get 9/10, immersion get 8/10, realism get 9/10, multiplayer ease of use get 10/10, recording track/avi ability get 9/10 (10 if you could alter views while playing back the track more like a replay), training get 9/10 (10 if miss spelling was left out and voice over included) all in all it is the most beautiful wonderful amazing flight simulator to date and one where you actually have to learn an aircraft to fly it, and the more willing you are to learn and master it, the bigger the reward in game will be, i could write a LONG extensive review but i wont, three words, BEAUTIFUL, IMMERSIVE, IMPRESSIVE! only thing that troubles it is the feel of an unfinished product released to quickly/early, with miss spellings, things left out of the PDF manual and already not beeing complete at all (70% of everything good to know and learn you will have to get on your own on the internet or the forum) and graphic glitches and miss-out's and avionics glitches and miss-out's, model glitches and miss-out's, etc. no introduction video, left out dynamic campaign, requires a high end computer which in my case i dont have but still LOVE that it is that way, when i do upgrade again ill set settings up and go at it again, REPLAYABILITY! good thing it got such a good support by developers, producersm ubisoft, patches will be made bringing it constantly towards perfection, A MUST BY! try to fly it you will be STUCK! Expand
  43. HaraldSeisenbacher
    Dec 17, 2003
    This is a very serious attempt at a simulation of flying jets of the late 20th centrury era.

The flight models are impressive, the eye candy is unsurpassed and the full mission planner potentially gives you a tool to fly whatever mission you might dream up. Of course there are som bugs to be squashed still - but show me one pice of software without the need for at least one patch

Of course there are som bugs to be squashed still - but show me one pice of software without the need for at least one patch nowadays.

As for the needed sys-specs: I always wonder about people who turn everything up to "maximum" on their outdated systems.
    Either turn the options down if you have an old machine (that is the reason for having options in the first place), or go buy yourself a new one. It´s that easy. This simulation will still be interesting from with tomorrows machines - I for my part, I´m apreciating this.

Harald, a.k.a. Odin914
  44. Brooks
    Dec 17, 2003
    great game, I run windows xp pro and love this game. My only reason for not a 10 was it didn't come with a key card and I had to contact the vendor to get one.. Which they sent me.
  45. SørenK.
    Dec 17, 2003
    It's a beaty. Playable, highstrung, and will deliver great immersive experiences for years to come. The only thing that prevents me from giving this a 10 is the HUGE amount of bugs in the initial release. But hopefully a series of patches will adress these
  46. SkylaneRGMig-29S_RG
    Dec 17, 2003
    In an decade when fighter simulation is overpopulated with NATO aircraft, I find refreshing to shoot back at those aircraft who always seemed to have the upper hand. Eagle Dynamics has by far gone beyond my expectations as they did with their first product Su-27. There is certainly a lesson learned flying a rough, rugged, unsophisticated aircraft devoid of all the bells and whistles that In an decade when fighter simulation is overpopulated with NATO aircraft, I find refreshing to shoot back at those aircraft who always seemed to have the upper hand. Eagle Dynamics has by far gone beyond my expectations as they did with their first product Su-27. There is certainly a lesson learned flying a rough, rugged, unsophisticated aircraft devoid of all the bells and whistles that can hang in any dogfight and even come out on top. From helmet mounted sights to 0/0 ejection seats, I am most pleased with the modeling and capability these formidable aircraft present. LOMAC is the definitive Soviet block sim to last and has certainly succeeded Flanker 2.5. It may contain its' share of bugs and what have you but it is still a top notch simulation anyone getting their hand around won't want to give up quickly. Expand
  47. JuanL.
    Awesome.
  48. MarkW.
    Dec 18, 2003
    Yes it has some issues - but I think that most of those are related to underpowered systems (mine included) and the fact that the game is attempting to set new standards. Give the game a chance as it is going to be phenomenal. You get the best sense of low level combat that I have seen anywhere before. The visuals will be stunning on high end machines and the 3D virtual cockpit allows it Yes it has some issues - but I think that most of those are related to underpowered systems (mine included) and the fact that the game is attempting to set new standards. Give the game a chance as it is going to be phenomenal. You get the best sense of low level combat that I have seen anywhere before. The visuals will be stunning on high end machines and the 3D virtual cockpit allows it to stand out on its own. Recommend you having it in your collection before it becomes a cult title like some of the other modern combat sims. Expand
  49. BruceS.
    Dec 19, 2003
    A complex and detailed combat flight sim that is one of the best I have flown. Those complaining with the low scores are morons that are unable to configure their systems properly or lack the required hardware to run the game. Don't listen to the boo hoo boys. This game rocks!!!
  50. Wazza
    Dec 23, 2003
    Awsome just awsome.
  51. DonaldT.
    Jan 23, 2004
    WOW! This is a fantastic simulation! I was a bit concerned at first when I read some of the reviews by other users, but I went ahead and got it last week. I got the 1.01 patch and this baby is cool!!! The detail is incredible. I get good performance on my Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz with an ATI 9800 Pro video card. I run the settings on medium-high and get very good framerates. I played my first WOW! This is a fantastic simulation! I was a bit concerned at first when I read some of the reviews by other users, but I went ahead and got it last week. I got the 1.01 patch and this baby is cool!!! The detail is incredible. I get good performance on my Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz with an ATI 9800 Pro video card. I run the settings on medium-high and get very good framerates. I played my first multiplayer on Hyperlobby last night and it was a blast!!! Lots of great guys flying last night. I just can't believe some of the negative comments being tossed about here!!! This is now one of my favorites!! I like it better than IL-2, Falcon, Strike Fighters, all the rest! This one is a keeper on my hard drive, for sure! Buy it! Expand
  52. Quevro
    Jan 5, 2004
    This has got to be the best flight-sim I?ve ever loaded up. The graphics are superb, game-play outstanding, and bugs, what bugs. I?m getting great framerates and if I have a problem, I know where I can go to get the help I need; the LOMAC site. The moderators are so nice and helpful and they seem to tolerate a lot of abuse. I should know, I got banned for being a poophead! I hope this This has got to be the best flight-sim I?ve ever loaded up. The graphics are superb, game-play outstanding, and bugs, what bugs. I?m getting great framerates and if I have a problem, I know where I can go to get the help I need; the LOMAC site. The moderators are so nice and helpful and they seem to tolerate a lot of abuse. I should know, I got banned for being a poophead! I hope this rating will get me back into the good graces of the god of mods; Diceman, my idol. Quevro@www.tacopilots.com Expand
  53. MarkK.
    Feb 22, 2004
    Lock On is one of those rare products that has the fine detail and intense fidelity that you rarely find in software games these days. I am blown away at just how great the modeling is in this product. I also love the Mission Editor. I am able to create missions that I can fly in or I can just have an AI battle that I can watch. It is better than reading a Tom Clancy novel. It is so cool Lock On is one of those rare products that has the fine detail and intense fidelity that you rarely find in software games these days. I am blown away at just how great the modeling is in this product. I also love the Mission Editor. I am able to create missions that I can fly in or I can just have an AI battle that I can watch. It is better than reading a Tom Clancy novel. It is so cool to make videos and then edit them into movies. I make videos and share them on the Internet with my friends. I love Lock On and I think it is the best game I have purchased in the past year. Expand
  54. GeorgeM.
    Feb 9, 2004
    GREAT GAME! I like the detail and the cool graphics. Better than thos arcade games on playstation. This one makes me feel like I am a real pilot.
  55. Rooivalk
    Mar 6, 2004
    The only other game I have been waiting for with the same degree of anticipation was "Operation Flashpoint" (incidentally also UbiSoft), and as before, I was not disappointed. I have played the un-patched game for a while now (to go through the tuts) and I installed the patch minutes ago. As yet I haven't played the patched version at all, and still I am so impressed by the sheer The only other game I have been waiting for with the same degree of anticipation was "Operation Flashpoint" (incidentally also UbiSoft), and as before, I was not disappointed. I have played the un-patched game for a while now (to go through the tuts) and I installed the patch minutes ago. As yet I haven't played the patched version at all, and still I am so impressed by the sheer detail and quality that I give it an unhesitant "9". Hard-core flight simmers, this one is a must! Expand
  56. JasonK.
    Jul 17, 2004
    This sim is excellent, especially after the V1.02 patch that was released last month. A fantastic online mupltiplayer experience. A pity that the publisher released it too soon, but fortunately the developer stuck with it and have produced an outstanding simulation with the new patch. Get this sim! It rocks!
  57. BrianY.
    Nov 21, 2003
    Great flight sim, upholds the high standard of IL2, and Flanker. Steep learning curve, and poor manual are the only pitfalls to this masterpiece.
  58. Bohunk
    Dec 14, 2003
    An outstanding air combat simulation that is not for the individual that wants an arcade experience. This is a very detailed and capable product, yet it is accessable for a novice user. The only reason I did not give it a 10 is for the poor job the publisher, Ubi Soft did in testing the final version and for not including the key command card in the first batch to hit the shelves. This is An outstanding air combat simulation that is not for the individual that wants an arcade experience. This is a very detailed and capable product, yet it is accessable for a novice user. The only reason I did not give it a 10 is for the poor job the publisher, Ubi Soft did in testing the final version and for not including the key command card in the first batch to hit the shelves. This is the best air combat sim I have ever played. A patch is reported to be pending release which will solve most of the problems, including the Win98 buts. Make no mistake, this is a demanding product hardware wise, but it is stunning how detailed and how beautiful the graphics are in this game. Don't listen to the crybabies, if you are interested in the subject of modern air combat then this is the one for you. Give it a decent chance. Expand
  59. Cory
    Dec 16, 2003
    If you enjoy jet simulations, this is a must. The graphics are far above anything else I've seen. All of the aircraft are modeled very accurately, graphically and in the flight model. The sound is very immersive. The AI will give you a good fight even on average setting. The difficulty is easy to tweak for begginers and hardcore flightsim enthusiasts, such as myself. You will have to If you enjoy jet simulations, this is a must. The graphics are far above anything else I've seen. All of the aircraft are modeled very accurately, graphically and in the flight model. The sound is very immersive. The AI will give you a good fight even on average setting. The difficulty is easy to tweak for begginers and hardcore flightsim enthusiasts, such as myself. You will have to spend a fair amount of time learning how to play the game to become succefull in the missions especially on full realism. This game does require a well built gaming rig, because the game was designed to take full advantage of current high end devices and next generation devices. But, with a little tweaking to the graphics, you can still run this game very well on a standard gaming rig like mine. Even on the lowest graphic setting, the game looks great. There are still some bugs that need to be addressed, but no game stoppers. Win98 users may have some difficulty, but the developers have already stated that this is fixed in the next patch. The game has not once crashed to desktop on my Win2000 machine. The developers are very dedicated to this game and have spent a lot of effort staying in touch with the community before and after the launch and will continue to do so. The community is very dedicated and have been able to answer all of my questions on the official forums very quickly. Expand
  60. Christian
    Dec 16, 2003
    great gameplay, although many bugs... great graphics indeed. Will be great after the patches. Sehm
  61. R.K.
    Dec 16, 2003
    How can anyone with a brain give this game a 1? Children will be children or in a other word, moron! This game is amazing. There are bugs that need and will be addressed. This project was a ambitious one from the start. This sim is ground breaking and do to the complexe code and ambitious development team have the best flight sim ever created. Its a shame that people who could really get How can anyone with a brain give this game a 1? Children will be children or in a other word, moron! This game is amazing. There are bugs that need and will be addressed. This project was a ambitious one from the start. This sim is ground breaking and do to the complexe code and ambitious development team have the best flight sim ever created. Its a shame that people who could really get into this game would rather rant and in return put this great sim out to paster before they let it breed and give the flight sim community a successful future of addons and patchs to enjoy for some time. I would give it a 9 but to ofset the morons that count past 1. I raise my vote be 1. There you go, 10. Expand
  62. MarcusR.
    Dec 16, 2003
    Yes there are some bugs in the initial release, BUT it's still awesome in it's current state and as the bugs slowly get ironed out, this sim can only improve. I run it on a 2Ghz P4, 1GB Ram and 64mb GF440 MX. and love it!!
  63. AntonS.
    Dec 16, 2003
    Best flight sim out yet, NOT for W.S.A.D people.
  64. Tuff
    Dec 16, 2003
    If it would have shipped with a dynamic campaign it would have been a perfect 10. But no worries, I think the Mission editor will keep me busy for a long time, This sim is just rocks, Eagle Dynamics did a great job to bring us the new benchmark in combat sims.
  65. [617th]Joker
    Dec 16, 2003
    Excellent game, like most sims, it requires constant tweaking, which for me is a part of the game, and I don't mind it at all. This is going to be an interesting game for many years to come, with an active community, so I can only rate it high!
  66. Summoner
    Dec 16, 2003
    This is a major game. The complexity and immerion are just outstanding. This makes you actually FEEL in a cockpit flying faster than the sound. The graphics are incredible. Simultaneously the greatest strength and greatest weakness of the game. no modern computer can run the game maxed out. I play it at 1024*768*32, with medium/high settings, and find that specially over sea it is This is a major game. The complexity and immerion are just outstanding. This makes you actually FEEL in a cockpit flying faster than the sound. The graphics are incredible. Simultaneously the greatest strength and greatest weakness of the game. no modern computer can run the game maxed out. I play it at 1024*768*32, with medium/high settings, and find that specially over sea it is playable. Yet I don't have any hopes to activate Anti Aliasing, as that just kills it. Over sea I get 25 fps, increasing with altitude. Over land it drops to 20. Over cities it can drop to 18 if they are HEAVY. My system: AMD 1700+ @ 1800 mhz, 768 mb DDR PC 2700, Radeon 9500 PRO OC. I am still intent to read the manuals before playing the various missions and go online afterwards, yet I've seen the videos foudn ingame. The second about an air intercept mission with Mig 29's in a dark rainy and cloudy day gives me 15-11 fps. The volumetric clouds are without doubt the greatest problemmakers of the game. Having AA on in this occasion resulted in immediate drop to 2 fps. Heatblur was supposed to be a big issue, yet it has no impact on my porformance, not even when turning AA on, which I do when I fly on less craving missions. The gameplay is so far superb. The handling of the various aircrafts is well distinct, and finding your way through all the analogue gaugues is challenging enough. You have the ability to change the angle at which you look at the cockpit itself, so to see it more or less zoomed in. distant surely looks good, but makes reading the altimeters and various speed indicators impossible. However, when in need of checking the HUD, or using it for gunning, you can zoom directly in to it, helping much on things. Overall a sim to get. Even if you have the gfx settings at medium, it looks impressive, so don't let that discourage you ;). The comunity is very gentle and competent, the producers interact with it, and if you have questions or issues, you WILL be heard. How many other games can we say the same of? ;) Expand
  67. CellarDweller
    Dec 16, 2003
    People who obviously can't run the game and have terrible system specs should not even rate the game!!! This is by far the nicest and best flight sim recently released. Yes it has bugs and that is the ONLY reason it did not get a 10 from me... Once the patch comes out it may be a 10... I agree game was released premature but graphically and physically this is one sweet sim... All the People who obviously can't run the game and have terrible system specs should not even rate the game!!! This is by far the nicest and best flight sim recently released. Yes it has bugs and that is the ONLY reason it did not get a 10 from me... Once the patch comes out it may be a 10... I agree game was released premature but graphically and physically this is one sweet sim... All the crying is from folks that have outdated or obsolete OS's and system specs that probably couldn't run PAC MAN in it's true form... Tired of all the whining... Expand
  68. MeMyself
    Dec 16, 2003
    Just a great game. Some people have bugs but with a good config you should be fine. The graphics and flight models are outstanding and the many planes flyable allows great diversity.
    Dec 16, 2003
    Troch? du?e wymagania ale gra jest po prostu wspania?a.
  70. IvanB.
    Dec 16, 2003
    This game earns a solid 10 and here is the reason why. Lock On fills a void that has existed in the combat flight sim market for more then 5 years. It has all the base features and a visual system that is better then most multi-million dollar military flight simulations. Sure the program has it?s issues but the developer is actively addressing them. The developers understand the community This game earns a solid 10 and here is the reason why. Lock On fills a void that has existed in the combat flight sim market for more then 5 years. It has all the base features and a visual system that is better then most multi-million dollar military flight simulations. Sure the program has it?s issues but the developer is actively addressing them. The developers understand the community they are developing for. Lock ON! has a bright future and a strong fan base. Again that alone is worth a strong score of 5. Lock ON! earns the other 5 points due to the fact that you get a good mix of planes out of the box. The detail in the planes and the environment are amazing. You have strong multiplayer options and the program despite its bug issues runs well granted your system meets the games basic requirements. Flight Models feel very convincing. And the game includes a powerful mission builder. But the most important aspect of all is that you have a committed team of developers and producers that are fans of the genre. If given the chance, Lock ON may very well become the code platform for many other products. So I don't give Lock ON a 10.. It earns a 10. Expand
  71. StrikewolfWolf
    Dec 16, 2003
    On the whole even on my low spec pc (if I dont mind the loading wait) it runs pretty well ...better than I was expecting but obviuosly I have to turn down some Eye candy. Yes there are a few little niggles here and there but overall for such a complicated piece of software it runs fairly well. I,m sure this game will improve over time as various patches come out and Fans produce more and On the whole even on my low spec pc (if I dont mind the loading wait) it runs pretty well ...better than I was expecting but obviuosly I have to turn down some Eye candy. Yes there are a few little niggles here and there but overall for such a complicated piece of software it runs fairly well. I,m sure this game will improve over time as various patches come out and Fans produce more and more addons etc. I cant stop playing this ..so if you dont mind the odd hiccup then I,d say go and buy it .... Wolf;) Expand
  72. ChristopherH.
    Dec 16, 2003
    Top quality game. The bugs are being patched as we speak and any issues are USUALLY the result of people who can't tell one end of the PC from another. Top quality future-proof game that I'll be playing for years to come.
  73. RobC.
    Dec 16, 2003
    If you have spent a few years hanging around the Combat Flight Sim Scene, you know that (apart from a product I won't mention) we have been "playing" older, much tweaked, modded, skinned, theatered (spelling?), hacked, edited, and .. and ... Sims for years. Lock On is a breath of fresh air, sure there are a few problems but this a huge piece of code - and the issues are being If you have spent a few years hanging around the Combat Flight Sim Scene, you know that (apart from a product I won't mention) we have been "playing" older, much tweaked, modded, skinned, theatered (spelling?), hacked, edited, and .. and ... Sims for years. Lock On is a breath of fresh air, sure there are a few problems but this a huge piece of code - and the issues are being addressed. Only gripe I had initially (and I think it was an oversight) was the decision to place a "print shop ready PDF" manual on disk instead of the more usual "e-book" style one. Also been fixed. Plenty community activity. Just make sure you do your homework on the rig you need. I am working on a P4 Laptop and am happy. New rig coming, it was time to upgrade anyway. Don't expect to run this on your mothers Win95 PC that you started with Doom 1 on! Keep up the good work Eagle, UBI. I love Lock On ... Expand
  74. EmmaD.
    Dec 16, 2003
    Please - ignore the reviews who say it doesn't work. How can they review a game if it doesn't work? All the bugs are being fixed in an upcoming patch and Win98 support is fixed. Top game - love playing it!
  75. RaymondS.
    Dec 16, 2003
    Will be a "10" when the patch(s) are ultimately available. The most immersive flight sim I've ever flown! The development team should be very proud of this effort..
  76. DanC.
    Dec 16, 2003
    Outstanding Sim! There are so many positives about this that I could easily fill a page with praise! There are a few bugs in the sim (what new release is ever bug free?) but it's the bugs that aren't there that shows just how great a job was done by Eagle Dynamics! Several flyable aircraft with sliding realisim and minute attention to detail.. and it all works! This Sim shoul Outstanding Sim! There are so many positives about this that I could easily fill a page with praise! There are a few bugs in the sim (what new release is ever bug free?) but it's the bugs that aren't there that shows just how great a job was done by Eagle Dynamics! Several flyable aircraft with sliding realisim and minute attention to detail.. and it all works! This Sim shoul dappeal to many.. Flight Sim enthusiasts can take to the skies and fly around the beautiful landscapes and do some sightseeing around the varius historic landmarks and structures of the region. Military enthusiasts can strap on some of the best combat aircraft and get some metal on target. You can even create missions where the AI battle each other using naval, air and land assets. Sit back and watch the battle unfold! A great sim which will continue to improve grow as new flyable aircraft are added in the future. Expand
  77. MattH.
    Dec 16, 2003
    Brilliant, quite buggy for others but is working fine for me. Finally a modern air combat sim!
  78. Carl
    Dec 16, 2003
    Initially, I had serious stability issues in Win2k and 98SE. After installing XP and a shader-equipped video card, all performance/stability issues disappeared. This game is fantastic, truly reminiscent of the "golden oldies" such as Falcon3 and Torando. Well done ED/Ubi!
  79. CHirner
    Dec 16, 2003
    This is an ambitious survey sim with an eye to detail. It's a little rough in its current form, but a patch or two from the responsive developers will iron that out in no time. Fabulous gameplay and graphics (though a top machine is required), as well as first class mission builder and multi-player elements are worth your money. It's also playable by a wide range of sim pilots - This is an ambitious survey sim with an eye to detail. It's a little rough in its current form, but a patch or two from the responsive developers will iron that out in no time. Fabulous gameplay and graphics (though a top machine is required), as well as first class mission builder and multi-player elements are worth your money. It's also playable by a wide range of sim pilots - beginners to experts. Remember - every sim has its share of bugs! Buy this one - you won't regret it. Expand
  80. DavidD.
    Dec 16, 2003
    The new Benchmark in Jet Sims. Minor bugs, but what software doesn't?
  81. WouterW.
    Dec 16, 2003
    The game has some bugs, difficulties and needs tweaking, both on the user-end and by the devs. this is normal for a flightsim and it is not excessive imo. That said, once it runs, it is a dream come true for every flight simmer. The graphics are absolutely top notch, as is the 'feeling of flight' Weather effects, the detailed objects, the sound effects, everything in it The game has some bugs, difficulties and needs tweaking, both on the user-end and by the devs. this is normal for a flightsim and it is not excessive imo. That said, once it runs, it is a dream come true for every flight simmer. The graphics are absolutely top notch, as is the 'feeling of flight' Weather effects, the detailed objects, the sound effects, everything in it conspires to really put you there as you fight in one of the six lovingly crafted planes. Returning to the point of the bugs and neccesary tweakage, this sim has a very active community, working closely with the developers to make it even better, and helping new players out in mastering this very complex piece of software Expand
  82. WilliamW.
    Dec 16, 2003
    The best graphics in a flight sim yet (you do need a high spec system). Do yourself a favour and get a mike and Shoot software to rattle of voice commands to your wingmen. Forthcoming patches will no doubt improve this sim and let me use my TrackIR effectively. Don't worry about the lack of a comprehensive manual, there are already lots of brilliant articles coming on stream. This The best graphics in a flight sim yet (you do need a high spec system). Do yourself a favour and get a mike and Shoot software to rattle of voice commands to your wingmen. Forthcoming patches will no doubt improve this sim and let me use my TrackIR effectively. Don't worry about the lack of a comprehensive manual, there are already lots of brilliant articles coming on stream. This sim is an absolute must-have, congratulaions and thanks to the ED team and all concerned for giving hours and hours of fun & pleasure Expand
  83. VarunA.
    Dec 16, 2003
    This is truly the state of art combat flight simulation. There may be initial problems in getting the game to be playable. But once finely tuned I feel NO OTHER SIM COMES CLOSE!!! It really feels that we are in the virtual world. I agree there are bugs and Eagle dynamics are going to solve most if not all of them in patches. I suggest everyone that this is a MUST HAVE game for any flight This is truly the state of art combat flight simulation. There may be initial problems in getting the game to be playable. But once finely tuned I feel NO OTHER SIM COMES CLOSE!!! It really feels that we are in the virtual world. I agree there are bugs and Eagle dynamics are going to solve most if not all of them in patches. I suggest everyone that this is a MUST HAVE game for any flight sim fanatic. Expand
  84. FreyaN.
    Supergame!!!!
  85. RowanN
    Dec 16, 2003
    I thinks it great, and i,m in love with this game. Superb graphics, and a realistic flightmodel.
  86. RichyR.
    Dec 16, 2003
    The IL-2 of modern air combat!!!
  87. ChuckP.
    Dec 16, 2003
    The learning curve is a bit steep for a newbie with zero aviation experience. I think that there are a few things that need fixed but overall the sim is very playable. I dont have huge framerate issues unless I add a ton of things to a mission. Overall I think it's excellant. Definitly has huge potential for the future.
  88. ThomasW.
    Dec 16, 2003
    Awesome game! Needs to be patched though.
  89. ChrisW.
    Dec 16, 2003
    fantastic sim, it can only get better :)
  90. Adam"Moharo"H.
    Dec 16, 2003
    The only thing that prevents me giving this game a perfect 10 are the radar bugs and padlock issues that I suffer from. These are both said to be addressed in the upcoming patch. I enjoy the induvidual challenges offered by each of the planes and the wide variety of mission types offfered by the one game. The graphics engine, whilst terribly system hungry provides beautiful landscapes, The only thing that prevents me giving this game a perfect 10 are the radar bugs and padlock issues that I suffer from. These are both said to be addressed in the upcoming patch. I enjoy the induvidual challenges offered by each of the planes and the wide variety of mission types offfered by the one game. The graphics engine, whilst terribly system hungry provides beautiful landscapes, graceful highly detailed aircraft and fantastic battles; whilst the AI provide a challenge that can be tailored from mildy challenging to downright deadly. I have no issues with recommending this game. Expand
  91. Wolfgang
    Dec 16, 2003
    Lock-On is a serious flight simulator which requires a fairly modern system to successfully run. I experienced a few hurdles on initial install including turning off virtual CD and updating video drivers. After that it is pure joy. The new release version omitted including a key card. A simple request to UbiSoft corrected that omission with a keycard quickly sent via mail. Solid support Lock-On is a serious flight simulator which requires a fairly modern system to successfully run. I experienced a few hurdles on initial install including turning off virtual CD and updating video drivers. After that it is pure joy. The new release version omitted including a key card. A simple request to UbiSoft corrected that omission with a keycard quickly sent via mail. Solid support is offered in forums found on the Lock-On web site. A patch is forthcoming testifying to the committment of this simulator's success. Overall this simulator is a well balenced blend of flight simulation that will provide many hours of enjoyment for years to come. Immature hot-shot know-it-alls should steer away from this flight sim. Expand
  92. Skinns
    Dec 16, 2003
    A stunning achievement by ED- the sensation of flight is the best ever simple as that. As a pure simulator there is no comparison as far as I am concerned. Throw into that an extremely ambitious model of a modern combat environment and you begin the understand what ED has created here. There are obviously bugs in a product of this complexity but they are not showstoppers at all. I have A stunning achievement by ED- the sensation of flight is the best ever simple as that. As a pure simulator there is no comparison as far as I am concerned. Throw into that an extremely ambitious model of a modern combat environment and you begin the understand what ED has created here. There are obviously bugs in a product of this complexity but they are not showstoppers at all. I have flown LOMAC extensively for over three weeks and I have found it as stable as IL2 was when it first appeared- many of the reported problems appear to me more the result of users configuration conflicts than genuine bugs. My advice is to install LOMAC on a freshly formatted part ion and only LOMAC, it worked for me. You will be amazed by the level of detail and care that has gone into this SIM and given the background of ED they will support the tuning of this product through patches into the future. I only hope they have enough support to add further to a quite superb piece of software. This product deserves to be studied the more time you put in the greater will be your reward. Although I?ve flown it extensively for the last three weeks I have not even scratched the surface such is the depth of the product. I can not recommend it enough to either the seasoned flight sim fan or a new comer. You will not find a better bang for your buck A real jewel that I hope is the beginning of a long line of addons. Expand
  93. AntoniusV.
    Dec 16, 2003
    I know to some, a 10 rating may seem high, but this sim has been an outstanding performer for me. I started w/a low end vid card (ATI 7200 64MB) and it ran w/o a hitch. I upgraded to an ATI 9800 and it just plain freaks me out how beautiful it is. This sim, after all the nit picking and naysayers have had their way, will go down as a history maker and groundbreaker. I have been simming I know to some, a 10 rating may seem high, but this sim has been an outstanding performer for me. I started w/a low end vid card (ATI 7200 64MB) and it ran w/o a hitch. I upgraded to an ATI 9800 and it just plain freaks me out how beautiful it is. This sim, after all the nit picking and naysayers have had their way, will go down as a history maker and groundbreaker. I have been simming since the early 80s and it isn't often a sim has the impact on me that Lock On does. The sky is the limit for this one. Outstanding job Eagle Dynamics. Expand
  94. Joe
    Dec 16, 2003
    I would say overall that it is a very good simulation. Various minor bugs w/ a major hit for win98 issues. (Not bad though considering Microsoft has now issued a cease and desist (support wise) order for win98 and earlier operating systems as of January, I believe.) Runs very well on my system. ATI 8500 AMD XP1700 w/ 512 meg of ram. I'll give them a patch or two just like FB I would say overall that it is a very good simulation. Various minor bugs w/ a major hit for win98 issues. (Not bad though considering Microsoft has now issued a cease and desist (support wise) order for win98 and earlier operating systems as of January, I believe.) Runs very well on my system. ATI 8500 AMD XP1700 w/ 512 meg of ram. I'll give them a patch or two just like FB (Wonderful sim in its own right) Expand
  95. ZolosP.
    Dec 16, 2003
    Eye candy, CHECK. Flight modeling, CHECK. Game immersion, CHECK. Active online community, CHECK Fun, CHECK.
  96. RicardoM.
    Dec 16, 2003
    Good game, born classic. Need some fixes after the 1.0 version.
  97. DavidA.
    Dec 16, 2003
    First of all most of the user reviews here are obviously from people who didn't spend much time in the game. They're also from people that don't know much about flight sims. In relation to the other flight sims, lock on is clearly the best, and has potential to do two times better at least. Give it some time.
  98. SumonH.
    Dec 16, 2003
    LOMAC was released with some bugs, but no biggy. Having been a fan of Eagle Dynamics since the original Flanker, I know they (the team and Carl Norman) are very dedicated and passionate about their work. I'm certain that bugs will be fixed and features will be added via patches. Best of all, they listen to their customers. And that is the reason why I gave it such high score LOMAC was released with some bugs, but no biggy. Having been a fan of Eagle Dynamics since the original Flanker, I know they (the team and Carl Norman) are very dedicated and passionate about their work. I'm certain that bugs will be fixed and features will be added via patches. Best of all, they listen to their customers. And that is the reason why I gave it such high score eventhough LOMAC was released with some bugs and broken features. And on top of that it is the best military simulator/game I've played in a long time. And I played them all. :) Expand
  99. Powder
    Dec 16, 2003
    The only downfall for this game are the often intimidated newcomers or those using dated software/hardware.
  100. MikeC.
    Dec 16, 2003
    I can't believe all the winers reviewing this game. If you are using ME or 98, chances are your not going to have a descent system in the first place. If you want a fantastic sim that is first rate AND you have a descent PC (ferferably one with out a crapy OS then this game is for you. Most of the people who have given this game low marks are people that haven't been able to I can't believe all the winers reviewing this game. If you are using ME or 98, chances are your not going to have a descent system in the first place. If you want a fantastic sim that is first rate AND you have a descent PC (ferferably one with out a crapy OS then this game is for you. Most of the people who have given this game low marks are people that haven't been able to play the game so you can't take there word for it. I say buy it. It won't let you down. Mike Expand

1. Our favourite is the A-10 Warthog – cruising at 50 feet, on the prowl for enemy tanks, it’s one of the most exhilarating missions available in any recent simulator.
  2. Detailed terrain, buildings, water, and effects lend an unprecedented feeling of speed to low-level flight. [March 2004, p.82]
  3. It has great graphics, fairly simple controls, great scenery, a decent choice of planes, and a great editor. Although the sounds easily get on your nerves, it will be the load times and need for a computer upgrade that will have you pulling your hair out.