• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Jul 26, 2005
7.5

1. Feb 21, 2013
    Here's the problem with this game.

Bugs.. so many bugs it's stupid. After you solve the bugs you find a mediocre game. First off, there's 2 american planes, the rest are Russian. No european jets nothing The missions are half baked generic garbage. Not much attention paid to detail at all This game purely comes down to the flying.. which it does exceptionally well to the
    Here's the problem with this game.

Bugs.. so many bugs it's stupid.

After you solve the bugs you find a mediocre game.

This game purely comes down to the flying.. which it does exceptionally well to the detriment of everything else.

The radar is stupid. I have read manuals/forums to no end to try and get the upper hand on my enemy. The way I see it if you're flying the F15 you are LUCKY to get a radar reading of anything beyond 10 nm.. when something comes within 10 miles of you it's a scramble to get the heap of radar system back down to a 10m radius to lock on to the damn planes.. IF... IF you can find them again in time before a missile is launched.

It's just not the reality of most situations.

The missiles.. the missiles. They're stupidly effective.. and for some reason hard to see. On that note everything is IMPOSSIBLE to see in this game due to the lack of proper anti aliasing.

Basically if you enjoy flying jets this is the game for you, but ONLY flying jets. Everything else plays out terribly, inaccurately, and above all frustrating.

This is after playing both the F15 and A10 campaigns. The A10 campaign was fun, but was just shooting tanks non stop. The F15 campaign was an exercise in relying on my wingman to direct me to the bandits as you're essentially flying blind 90% of the time.

The AWACS is useless too, every few seconds it bleats in your ear the enemies bearing instead of being any actual help. Wingman likewise RARELY throw out a 'Watch your six'

Your early warning radar is the epitome of useless despite what the manual says. It is blank 90% of the time when it should be flashing to telling you where missiles are, telling you where everyone is.

Nope, instead it just tells you where the enemy AWACS is half the time then proceeds to tell you when a missile is launched but gives you no idea of how long until it's right at your doorstep.

As I said if you enjoy flying the aircraft, get it for that but do not expect anything other than that.
  2. Dec 28, 2012
    This review is directed to all those who are looking for a great and fairly realistic modern air combat SIMULATOR (I wrote it using capital letters because this isn't some simplistic arcade flight game) .
    You'll need a decent rig if you want to play this game in acceptable conditions (to avoid lag and low FPS), as this game works with a demanding graphics engine. With that said, there it goes:
    Do you want to fly some of the most magnificent supersonic war birds in the world? Do you want to establish your supremacy in lethal air-to-air and air-to-ground combat?
    Do you want to master the radar/infrared/ECM/Weapons systems of these warbirds?
    Do you want to do all this while enjoying one of the best graphics engine in all the PC air simulation world? If the answer to all these questions is affirmative, then here is you shopping list: 1-Lock On:Modern Air Combat
    2-Flaming Cliffs 2 expansion, which is COMPULSORY (Flaming Cliffs 3 is about to be released, by the way)
    3-A decent joystick
    4-Search the internet for free downloadable plane 3D models for Flaming Cliffs 2 (such as Gys F-15 model, 3GO Su-27 model or SimMod A-10 model...they infinitely surpass the stock 3d models from the game)
    5- Pick up pen and paper, take notes of the procedures described in the instructional videos for each plane (you can download these videos from the game's website). 6-Configure your joystick and keyboard bindings at your will. Now you are ready to fly the most complete, realistic and nice looking modern air combat simulator that currently exists in the gaming market. You'll need many hours of flight practice and systems familiarization in order to become a decent combat pilot, but if you like combat jets you'll enjoy every minute of it.
  3. ApathyC.
    Feb 6, 2007
    A decent effort and very pretty, but it was programmed the way Russians approach everything -- by half-measures. Quite entertaining, and by far the best effort in the "medium-realism" sim market, it trips over constant bugs and design flaws, even after three years of patching. Its strength lies mainly in the A-10 missions, which are the most credible yet in the sim world, and an A decent effort and very pretty, but it was programmed the way Russians approach everything -- by half-measures. Quite entertaining, and by far the best effort in the "medium-realism" sim market, it trips over constant bugs and design flaws, even after three years of patching. Its strength lies mainly in the A-10 missions, which are the most credible yet in the sim world, and an accessible (though buggy) mission builder. In many ways, however, LOMAC is little more than "Flanker 3.0." In the end, the interface and design quality of the game simply mirror the confusion and dodginess of the real plane's avionics. It is, other words, a quintessentially Russian game -- with both the good and bad things that entails. On a realism scale of 1 to 10, LOMAC is clearly a seven. If you desire ultra-realism, then Falcon 4.0: Allied Force is a much better choice. For the occasional "hop," however, LOMAC makes for a nice, relaxing, (if somewhat buggy) distraction from the real world. Expand
  4. Baranth
    Sep 2, 2006
    Having been a Lock On player for quite some time I feel I can cast this accuratly... my only real gripe is with the developers.... Black Shark looks good.. and anyone with the Flaming Cliffs LOMAC is probably quite happy with it... all and all it is a good game but "I Feel" the developers are missing the boat with the whole adding helo's thing and should first go for getting all the Having been a Lock On player for quite some time I feel I can cast this accuratly... my only real gripe is with the developers.... Black Shark looks good.. and anyone with the Flaming Cliffs LOMAC is probably quite happy with it... all and all it is a good game but "I Feel" the developers are missing the boat with the whole adding helo's thing and should first go for getting all the planes flyable... and making accurate Flight Model for all the aircraft in the game... not just the magic 6... then add the helos in after... granted... the mods out there to make them all flyable... but these mods don't use accurate flight models or cockpits... BUT it IS comparable to Falcon 4... oh... and developing different theatres would be nice as well... but all and all.... good game none the less. Expand
  5. TheREALMower
    Jul 11, 2006
    A mediorce sim in the abstract and lite weight in the absolute. For beginners and the easily impressed/amused only.
  6. AlexisG.
    Oct 2, 2004
    A fine game. Really enjoyed the look and feel of it. I am rather stupid when it comes to complicted games but this one was worth the time and study I put in to learn it. If a moron like me can enjoy it then I am sure others will be able to have a great time with this cool simulation game.
  7. JohnnyW.
    Oct 2, 2004
    Fantastic simulation of both Western and Eastern aircraft. Incredible graphics and accurate flight models. One of the best modern air combat sims I have EVERY flown. Ignore the crybabies and get this simulaiton! With the 1.02 patch it is a must if you love modern air warfare.
  8. JasonK.
    Jul 17, 2004
    This sim is excellent, especially after the V1.02 patch that was released last month. A fantastic online mupltiplayer experience. A pity that the publisher released it too soon, but fortunately the developer stuck with it and have produced an outstanding simulation with the new patch. Get this sim! It rocks!
  9. ErikK.
    Apr 29, 2004
    Played the demo, but I don't think I'm gonna invest my few euros on this sim. It's just another Flanker-sim with a couple of american jets thrown in. The western aircraft somehow have too much of a russian feel. Sure it looks good, but it still can't beat that certain modern air combat sim that has been released six years ago and has gotten better ever since.
  10. Mower
    Apr 19, 2004
    I used to be a Falcon snob and insulted Lock On all the time on the various flight sim forums. I decided to finally cast off my ignorance and actually play Lock On and have since discovered it to be outstanding. I was wrong and acted like a total fool. I've come to my senses now and apologize to the flight sim community for my foolish and disruptive behavior in the past. I love Lock On!
  11. Bard
    Apr 13, 2004
    This is the best flight sim I have ever played. I used to be a Falcon 4.0 fan but this is now my favorite flight sim. I just want to thank the fine people at Eagle Dyanamics for their great work.
  12. JedB.
    Mar 8, 2004
    This is the best simulation I have every owned. The graphics are fabulous and the detail is incredible. I have been flying mostly the A-10 Warthog and it is a pleasure. This is the one I have been waiting for all my gaming life. Thanks to Eagle Dynamics, great job. No kudos to the publisher, Ubi Soft. They did a lousy job with the release. I finally had to order it from Amazon.com because This is the best simulation I have every owned. The graphics are fabulous and the detail is incredible. I have been flying mostly the A-10 Warthog and it is a pleasure. This is the one I have been waiting for all my gaming life. Thanks to Eagle Dynamics, great job. No kudos to the publisher, Ubi Soft. They did a lousy job with the release. I finally had to order it from Amazon.com because the EB near my house didn't have any and claimed that Ubi Soft "ran out of them". I also did not get a Key Command Card but was able to finally get one sent to me after I called Ubi Soft. (By the way, to the reviewer below - Codemasters is the publisher of Operation Flashpoint, not Ubi Soft) Expand
  13. Rooivalk
    Mar 6, 2004
    The only other game I have been waiting for with the same degree of anticipation was "Operation Flashpoint" (incidentally also UbiSoft), and as before, I was not disappointed. I have played the un-patched game for a while now (to go through the tuts) and I installed the patch minutes ago. As yet I haven't played the patched version at all, and still I am so impressed by the sheer The only other game I have been waiting for with the same degree of anticipation was "Operation Flashpoint" (incidentally also UbiSoft), and as before, I was not disappointed. I have played the un-patched game for a while now (to go through the tuts) and I installed the patch minutes ago. As yet I haven't played the patched version at all, and still I am so impressed by the sheer detail and quality that I give it an unhesitant "9". Hard-core flight simmers, this one is a must! Expand
  14. ThomasH.
    Feb 25, 2004
    You low raters are childish. This is an awesome sim you morons. Because you wont spend money on new hardware to enjoy this game you complain. na na na! Get a job lowlives.
  15. MarkK.
    Feb 22, 2004
    Lock On is one of those rare products that has the fine detail and intense fidelity that you rarely find in software games these days. I am blown away at just how great the modeling is in this product. I also love the Mission Editor. I am able to create missions that I can fly in or I can just have an AI battle that I can watch. It is better than reading a Tom Clancy novel. It is so cool Lock On is one of those rare products that has the fine detail and intense fidelity that you rarely find in software games these days. I am blown away at just how great the modeling is in this product. I also love the Mission Editor. I am able to create missions that I can fly in or I can just have an AI battle that I can watch. It is better than reading a Tom Clancy novel. It is so cool to make videos and then edit them into movies. I make videos and share them on the Internet with my friends. I love Lock On and I think it is the best game I have purchased in the past year. Expand
  16. JohnHarrian
    Feb 16, 2004
    Very beautiful sim. The graphics are truly stunning. I've had some problems with performance but thanks to the reviewer below that mentioned the new 1.01 patch, I am running very smooth now. Thanks. I have only started the campaign for the F-15 but so far it has been lots of fun. It's hard, but really fun. I am glad I ran the training missions before patching to V1.01.Very beautiful sim. The graphics are truly stunning. I've had some problems with performance but thanks to the reviewer below that mentioned the new 1.01 patch, I am running very smooth now. Thanks. I have only started the campaign for the F-15 but so far it has been lots of fun. It's hard, but really fun. I am glad I ran the training missions before patching to V1.01. Great job Ubi Soft! This is a great game. Expand
  17. ErikS.
    Feb 13, 2004
    I just can't understand why some people are being such crybabies about this game. I have had it for two weeks and I love it. My system is decent, I have a P4 2.4 GHz with a Radeon 9800 card and 1 Gig of RAM. I get outstanding performance with high to medium settings. I followed the advice laid out in the Read Me file that came with the game and I went to the forums on www.lo-mac.com I just can't understand why some people are being such crybabies about this game. I have had it for two weeks and I love it. My system is decent, I have a P4 2.4 GHz with a Radeon 9800 card and 1 Gig of RAM. I get outstanding performance with high to medium settings. I followed the advice laid out in the Read Me file that came with the game and I went to the forums on www.lo-mac.com where lots of people provided very helpful tips to make my performance go way up. I suspect that the whiners you see here claiming that the game is bad and poorly developed have no clue how to configure their computers to get something as complex as Lock On to run. Fine, they can all go back to PlayStation land or XBox city to go bang-bang-shoot 'em up while those of us with a degree of intelligence will be enjoying this fine simulation. Having played flight sims for years, I realize that they are not typical plug and play games and that you have to make adjustments. It is unfortunate that there are so many crying children exist in this hobby. Even if these individuals could figure out how to run the game, they wouldn't last long in the digital combat environment. The rest of us are laughing at them. Expand
  18. TimI.
    Feb 13, 2004
    I just bought Lock On this past week. Spent the day playing it and have to say that it truly is a work of art. The attention to detail is outstanding. I did apply the V1.01 patch at the official website and I have had no problems running this simulation. This one is a keeper on my hard drive. I hope they make more add ons with new planes and missions. Tim.
  19. GeorgeM.
    Feb 9, 2004
    GREAT GAME! I like the detail and the cool graphics. Better than thos arcade games on playstation. This one makes me feel like I am a real pilot.
  20. JohnF.
    Feb 5, 2004
    Just bought Lock On this past weekend. I really like it. It looks great, has lots of great aircraft and the missions are fun. I have not had a chance to fly multiplayer yet, but I will try this coming weekend. Just playing single player has shown me that this game is one of the best sims I have ever owned. I still can't believe how great it looks. Sure, it is not for older systems, I Just bought Lock On this past weekend. I really like it. It looks great, has lots of great aircraft and the missions are fun. I have not had a chance to fly multiplayer yet, but I will try this coming weekend. Just playing single player has shown me that this game is one of the best sims I have ever owned. I still can't believe how great it looks. Sure, it is not for older systems, I have a pretty good rig. But, if you are serious about flying complex jets then this is the one for you. I can understand that people that have inferior hardware might not like a game like this, but they are going to be crying big time when new games come out this year that are going to be just as demanding as Lock On. Don't make the mistake of listening to the doom and gloom bunch. Get this great game now. JF. Expand
  21. JamesR.
    Feb 5, 2004
    Call me a fanboy then. I just got this game last week and while I initially had some problems, once I had gone throught the Readme.txt file and made some adjustments the game ran fine. There were some bugs but after downloading the Version 1.01 patch from the www.lo-mac.com website and getting some additional performance tips from the official forum at the ubi soft's website, I have Call me a fanboy then. I just got this game last week and while I initially had some problems, once I had gone throught the Readme.txt file and made some adjustments the game ran fine. There were some bugs but after downloading the Version 1.01 patch from the www.lo-mac.com website and getting some additional performance tips from the official forum at the ubi soft's website, I have been enjoying this simulation greatly. It has the best graphics I have ever seen in any flight sim. The missions are challenging and fun. The multiplayer throught Hyperlobby is a total gas!!! I played online last night in a coop mission where we took out armored columns of Russian vehicles with A-10s. It was the most fun I have had playing online. This is a great game and I am one happy sim pilot for having purchased it. All you guys moaning must not being playing the same game that I am because this one is staying on my computer for years! Buy this game! Expand
  22. Sputnik
    Jan 29, 2004
    Unlike others here giving this game an 8 or above, I see it for what it is now, not what it?s going to be after 4-5 more patches. How else should it be rated? People stating they?re getting great performance and frame rates, they achieve this by turning the settings to LOW, don?t be fooled by their rhetoric. There are problems with the F-15?s avionics, along with the toning down of US Unlike others here giving this game an 8 or above, I see it for what it is now, not what it?s going to be after 4-5 more patches. How else should it be rated? People stating they?re getting great performance and frame rates, they achieve this by turning the settings to LOW, don?t be fooled by their rhetoric. There are problems with the F-15?s avionics, along with the toning down of US missiles and radar effectiveness. To the zealots, it?s always ?The next patch? will fix it. Too many with high end systems are having problems and knowing how to setup your system is not the problem. The problem lies in poorly designed code. As you can see in previous posts, those that post other than stellar reviews or comments are called complainers, whiners, trolls, and other names. It?s not that we don?t own or play the game, it?s because we dare post accurate comments, according to what we see, and aren?t so weak-minded that we are swayed by the fan-boys to post lovely reviews and comments. If you?re not expecting outstanding performance and want a great LOOKING game, this is for you. You can always take and post your lovely screenshots to certain message boards or give them to your friends for their desktop. Expand
  23. BuzzL.
    Jan 28, 2004
    I have to take exception to the people saying that the game is full of bugs. I run it just fine on my pentium 4. I have a good video card and get great performance with Lock On. The U.S. planes are fine. The A-10 rocks and while the missiles for the F-15 have a few problems, we have been told that the next patch will address the MINOR problems. I suspect that the people complaining in the I have to take exception to the people saying that the game is full of bugs. I run it just fine on my pentium 4. I have a good video card and get great performance with Lock On. The U.S. planes are fine. The A-10 rocks and while the missiles for the F-15 have a few problems, we have been told that the next patch will address the MINOR problems. I suspect that the people complaining in the pervious reviews just don't know how to configure their systems or have gear that is not able to handle higher settings. This is a great sim and it deserves the highest rating. BUZZ Expand
  24. DaleW.
    Jan 27, 2004
    First, this game is not a 10 and won?t be for some time. How people can continually give it above a 7 is a real mystery. The bugs are still highly numerous, the American planes have been designed to be inferior, and even after the patch the graphics engine has not been optimized. They state the game is built for the future; but it?s appearing it?s a statement made to cover up poor First, this game is not a 10 and won?t be for some time. How people can continually give it above a 7 is a real mystery. The bugs are still highly numerous, the American planes have been designed to be inferior, and even after the patch the graphics engine has not been optimized. They state the game is built for the future; but it?s appearing it?s a statement made to cover up poor programming. Do yourself, or someone else a favor and avoid this for a year until it?s been fixed. Expand
  25. DonaldT.
    Jan 23, 2004
    WOW! This is a fantastic simulation! I was a bit concerned at first when I read some of the reviews by other users, but I went ahead and got it last week. I got the 1.01 patch and this baby is cool!!! The detail is incredible. I get good performance on my Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz with an ATI 9800 Pro video card. I run the settings on medium-high and get very good framerates. I played my first WOW! This is a fantastic simulation! I was a bit concerned at first when I read some of the reviews by other users, but I went ahead and got it last week. I got the 1.01 patch and this baby is cool!!! The detail is incredible. I get good performance on my Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz with an ATI 9800 Pro video card. I run the settings on medium-high and get very good framerates. I played my first multiplayer on Hyperlobby last night and it was a blast!!! Lots of great guys flying last night. I just can't believe some of the negative comments being tossed about here!!! This is now one of my favorites!! I like it better than IL-2, Falcon, Strike Fighters, all the rest! This one is a keeper on my hard drive, for sure! Buy it! Expand
  26. RevaB.
    Jan 16, 2004
    Since I got the new patch from the Lock On website (www.lo-mac.com) this game has been great! It is one of the most graphically stunning games I have ever used. Flying online is a blast, but use Hyperlobby instead of Ubi.com for joining games. I'll be playing Lock On for years. Nice job Ubi Soft.
  27. NoclueNeeded
    Jan 16, 2004
    The first patch has improved many things, but the starting point was so low that it?s moot point at this point in time. It appears several more patches are going to be needed to bring this GAME up to playable levels for the majority of users, not just those on the fanboy sites. If you have a blind obedience mindset, like to play follow the fool, and only want to post rave reviews and The first patch has improved many things, but the starting point was so low that it?s moot point at this point in time. It appears several more patches are going to be needed to bring this GAME up to playable levels for the majority of users, not just those on the fanboy sites. If you have a blind obedience mindset, like to play follow the fool, and only want to post rave reviews and comments, warranted or not, about the game, rush out and buy it. Or, you can use common sense and wait until things are fixed before buying a game that contains un-optimized code making unplayable on anything less than a machine made for the gods. Good Luck! Expand
  28. JohnB.
    Jan 14, 2004
    The V1.01 patch is out at www.lo-mac.com. It makes a HUGE difference. Before the patch I would have given this game a 5, but after the patch is really ROCKS! I love it. I get great performance and my multiplayer problems with my Nforce chipset are no longer causing problems. It is a blast to play this multiplayer. The game is going to be a classic. Those that still complain after theThe V1.01 patch is out at www.lo-mac.com. It makes a HUGE difference. Before the patch I would have given this game a 5, but after the patch is really ROCKS! I love it. I get great performance and my multiplayer problems with my Nforce chipset are no longer causing problems. It is a blast to play this multiplayer. The game is going to be a classic. Those that still complain after the patch most likely have low end equipment. Don't make the mistake of passing this one up. Buy it , get the patch, and have fun flying jets!!!! JB Expand
  29. DisappointedBuyer
    Jan 12, 2004
    Don?t waste your time with this POS at this point in time. Even after the patch, it?s still buggy as hell, frame rates are still low, and the graphics engine has still not been optimized. It looks like Eagle Dynamics and UBI have pulled off a good one. They release a beta, almost alpha, product before the holidays for a quick buck. All the defending fan boys and company reps on the LOMAC Don?t waste your time with this POS at this point in time. Even after the patch, it?s still buggy as hell, frame rates are still low, and the graphics engine has still not been optimized. It looks like Eagle Dynamics and UBI have pulled off a good one. They release a beta, almost alpha, product before the holidays for a quick buck. All the defending fan boys and company reps on the LOMAC site can?t change the truth, this game is still not ready for public use. Don?t waste your time posting negative comments on the LOMAC site, you?ll be attacked as a troll and an idiot; makes you wonder who moderates and backs the company on the site? [Ed: I moderate & nobody backs anybody. Get a clue.] Expand
  30. Quevro
    Jan 5, 2004
    This has got to be the best flight-sim I?ve ever loaded up. The graphics are superb, game-play outstanding, and bugs, what bugs. I?m getting great framerates and if I have a problem, I know where I can go to get the help I need; the LOMAC site. The moderators are so nice and helpful and they seem to tolerate a lot of abuse. I should know, I got banned for being a poophead! I hope this This has got to be the best flight-sim I?ve ever loaded up. The graphics are superb, game-play outstanding, and bugs, what bugs. I?m getting great framerates and if I have a problem, I know where I can go to get the help I need; the LOMAC site. The moderators are so nice and helpful and they seem to tolerate a lot of abuse. I should know, I got banned for being a poophead! I hope this rating will get me back into the good graces of the god of mods; Diceman, my idol. Quevro@www.tacopilots.com Expand
  31. TfixT.
    Jan 4, 2004
    Only some bugs and the heavy hardware you need is down 1 point. Bud for the rest it is Horny game. But most lightly build for multiplayer, you can fly single but it is not much. And the edit mode is cool.
  32. Stoman
    Dec 27, 2003
    Got the game, installed it and it plays ok, but the frame rates are the lowest I?ve seen. I have a high end system; Athlon 3200+, 1GB RAM, and a 5950 Ultra, so you can forget what the 10 rating fan-boys are saying. This game was/is not ready for primetime and definitely doesn?t deserve anything higher than a 6. Like an earlier rater stated, this thing has far to go, and giving a high Got the game, installed it and it plays ok, but the frame rates are the lowest I?ve seen. I have a high end system; Athlon 3200+, 1GB RAM, and a 5950 Ultra, so you can forget what the 10 rating fan-boys are saying. This game was/is not ready for primetime and definitely doesn?t deserve anything higher than a 6. Like an earlier rater stated, this thing has far to go, and giving a high score means it almost there, well its not. There are game-play issues, radars not working, performance issues in the actual programming of the game and it seems that a big cover-up is in place that?s trying hide these issues. Ratings over a 6, forget them. There?re written by those fan-boys that feel cheated by the game and want you to join them, or they just don?t know how a real sim is supposed to behave. Expand
  33. BarneyW.
    Dec 26, 2003
    Best air combat game I have ever purchased. It's obvious to me that the people who rate it low are ignorant and unable to properly configure their systems or still use older hardware. These people are console users or cheapskates who want great performance but don't want to pay for it. Ignore the ignorant ones and get this product (provided you have the gear and the brains to Best air combat game I have ever purchased. It's obvious to me that the people who rate it low are ignorant and unable to properly configure their systems or still use older hardware. These people are console users or cheapskates who want great performance but don't want to pay for it. Ignore the ignorant ones and get this product (provided you have the gear and the brains to run it). Peace, out. Expand
  34. SteinarE.
    Dec 26, 2003
    I would give this game a 10 if it were not for all the problems with the controller. I have to restart the bloody game (because it is a bloody game:) ), to get the mouse and most of the keyboard controls which are freezing suddenly.
  35. Wazza
    Awsome just awsome.
  36. JohnWilstW.one
    Dec 23, 2003
    Excellent sim! Amazing that some people are giving this game a low rating. They must have a different game than me as I am having a BLAST!!! Great graphics, cool jets, and lots of vehicles and ships. This is a really good sim product.
  37. Ty
    Dec 23, 2003
    Do yourself a favor and believe the lower ratings. Wait for the patch to see if it really improved anything before plunking down your cash for this game. The time it's taking to get this patch together is a big indicaton of number of bugs that are present. Hopefully the performance issues will be addressed.
  38. RobertF.
    Dec 23, 2003
    Not a particular good game, at the moment. There are numerous problems and a patch is promised. There are quite a few bugs, of which quite a few are hampering my game play at the moment. System setup is important, for any game, but it seems this game needs more than even Computer Science major can supply. After reading all the reviews here, I'm stunned at the number of 10's. Not a particular good game, at the moment. There are numerous problems and a patch is promised. There are quite a few bugs, of which quite a few are hampering my game play at the moment. System setup is important, for any game, but it seems this game needs more than even Computer Science major can supply. After reading all the reviews here, I'm stunned at the number of 10's. This game has the potential to be a 10, but that?s far in the future. To give it a 10 now means it has nowhere else to go or nothing left to fix, which all but the most mindless fanboy knows to be false. If you have a strong high-end system, which is required for this game, and you have the time to sit and tinker instead of playing, and you can wait for many, many months before this game is really playable, take a chance and buy it. I?d wait 6-8 months until the most major of bugs are worked out before buying this if I had the chance to do it again. Expand
  39. JedP.
    Dec 22, 2003
    A fantastic product. Even with the few bugs I have encountered, this is a keeper. Not for the weak minded console user or crybaby that does not know how to run a computer. Don't buy it if you can't figure out how to configure your system. If you love modern air combat and have half a brain, you MUST buy this product.
  40. HogDriver
    Dec 22, 2003
    Don't buy this over-hyped bug ridden piece of garbage. The LOMAC community is laced with zealots that attack any owner/poster with anything negative to say. It's slow, the bug list is huge, and the promise of a patch keeps sliding into the future. Buy something else this Christmas.
  41. RolfF.
    Dec 22, 2003
    Do as someone here suggested, download the demo and try it first. I wish I had read that before buying mine.
  42. Eagle
    Dec 22, 2003
    If you haven't bought it, don't, if you have, too bad! The devs should've put this one in the recycle bin instead of burining it to a CD.
  43. Colin
    Dec 21, 2003
    Utter rubbish! How this made it out of the door and still bought by consumers is above comprehension! With trash like this, UBI and Eagle Dynamics should?ve lost the confidence of all but the most brainless buyers!
  44. MakahliaR.
    Dec 21, 2003
    Very nice simulation. It has several problems but there is a patch that should be available soon. Despite the few minor problems I have encountered, this is one of the best jet sims I have ever played. It is detailed, complex, and very fun to play. I recommend it highly.
  45. Thesoloelite
    Dec 20, 2003
    1st off you need a mega machine to play this game ;( I OPEN THE BOX NO MANUAL no key card and then u have to buy a 3rd party manual for 40.00 more bucks.kinda sad the game had to be realesed during hoildays(all about the money) ban the french.
  46. AllenP.
    Dec 20, 2003
    The 10 ratings are unbelievable! How can these people rate a game a 10 with a bug list longer than the names in the New York city phone book? This GAME is not in a sellable state, but it was pushed out because of the time year. The lemmings that rate this a 10 were asked to come here and help bump up the ratings. Wait to buy this, I wish I had.
  47. JoeC.
    Dec 20, 2003
    Unbelievable! This is a cool game! Amazing that there are so many crybabies that can't figure out how to load this game. I had no problems and I am no computer expert. If you like jets and modern weapons THIS is the game for you.
  48. JamesT.
    Dec 19, 2003
    Terrible game. Got it for me and my roomate. Yet to get his to work and mine will load, but framerates are terrible. No voice and images will ghost at various times. Have to spend hours and hours learning to fly and Sturmovik I got into the cockpit and was flying in seconds. Next time make it as easy as Sturmovik and not such arcadic graphics like it is.
  49. Mike'sDaddy
    Dec 19, 2003
    I wouldn't give this to Goodwill, it would be a crime! Don't ruin someone's Christmas by giving them this.
  50. Mike'sDaddy
  51. Curtis
    Dec 19, 2003
    If you're old enough to drink a few beers before playing, it's not too bad. When you try it sober, you start looking for another few beers. Who let this out the door? Where were the quality people? You can its Christmas time when trash like this comes out. Under the influence rating: 7 Sober rating: 2.
  52. RichT.
    Dec 19, 2003
    This has got to be a joke. A company should not be allowed to release something in this state and people give it a 10? On what basis do they give it a 10? These people are mindless Lemmings that would by the Grand Canyon if you tried to sell it to them. Do believe a game in this condition is a 10. If you buy it now, you'll be sorry and if's a gift, you'll be laughed at! This has got to be a joke. A company should not be allowed to release something in this state and people give it a 10? On what basis do they give it a 10? These people are mindless Lemmings that would by the Grand Canyon if you tried to sell it to them. Do believe a game in this condition is a 10. If you buy it now, you'll be sorry and if's a gift, you'll be laughed at! Make an informed decision. Expand
  53. PatrikH.
    Dec 19, 2003
    Excellent game, detailed graphics, correct modeling, realistic voice communication and a superb controlling system.
  54. CharlesK.
    Dec 19, 2003
    Other than the flight models none of the combat is very realistic, if it has to do with anything on the ground then it's completly unrealistic.
  55. ArthurK.
    Dec 19, 2003
    + Very nice graphics Good mission editor Excellent flight model Slightly simplyfied but still very good avionics wounderful cocpits - no dynamic campaign some bugs (crashing in some situations) horrible hardware reqirements for high settings errors in the German version weapon texts bad tutorials no printed manual (only to buy separate)
  56. BruceL
    Dec 19, 2003
    Definitely doesn't deserve an 8 or above. There are just to many things wrong. Still I can't rate it higher than a 4 for several other reasons; poor gameplay, controller setup doesn't work properly, amd the documentation is poor. And I will not be strong-armed into buying another manual for $40 when the proper documentation should've came with the game.
  57. Warthog
    Dec 19, 2003
    Assumptions by some, like Bruce and Steve, are what landed this game in the position its in. The programmers thought they needed to develop the game to novices and it shows and that?s why you see all the 9 and 10 ratings. The hardcore simmers are the ones that don?t like it due to its simplicity and piece-meal design. Some say it?s a follow up of the Flanker series. This game makes you Assumptions by some, like Bruce and Steve, are what landed this game in the position its in. The programmers thought they needed to develop the game to novices and it shows and that?s why you see all the 9 and 10 ratings. The hardcore simmers are the ones that don?t like it due to its simplicity and piece-meal design. Some say it?s a follow up of the Flanker series. This game makes you glad you didn?t play Flanker. This game will lead the real flight SIM genre in the wrong direction. There is no immersion factor in the game; the terrain is bland, it contains useless cockpits that add nothing to the feel of the game except in reducing frame rates, and the hundreds of bugs make trying to setup your system to play this things a pain in the royal behind. If you have time and money to waste, this is your game, but realize you?re not getting a true FLIGHT SIM, only an arcadish survey game with aircraft in it. Expand
  58. NolanS.
    Dec 19, 2003
    Sickening framerates and useless support! This puppy is going back. Anybody want to follow me and be the next sucker to buy it?
  59. PhilZ.
    Dec 19, 2003
    This is not the direction hard-core sims need to be going in. At best this is a survey sim and a very poor one at that. It?s simplistic design makes new users, which seems to be the 9 & 10 raters, think they are playing a complex game. Avionics are basic and landings are scripted. The only thing complex about this GAME is in setting it up. The user interface is awkward and many settings This is not the direction hard-core sims need to be going in. At best this is a survey sim and a very poor one at that. It?s simplistic design makes new users, which seems to be the 9 & 10 raters, think they are playing a complex game. Avionics are basic and landings are scripted. The only thing complex about this GAME is in setting it up. The user interface is awkward and many settings don?t persist from one session to the next. Frame rates are horrendous, yet people who have problems are called whiners and worse at the games main forum; this is an indication of extreme fanboy mentality. Some say this game needs a few bug fixes, this couldn?t be further from the truth. This game has MAJOR bugs, in the hundreds, and it?s going to take several patches to bring it up to acceptable standards. When you buy this game, you are paying for a beta, plain and simple. This thing may mature in time, but how long will it take? Too many hardcore simmers are staying away from this one, you should too for the next year. Don?t believe the egotistic morons that post the 9 & 10?s, download the DEMO and see for yourself before you buy this un-optimized piece of code! Expand
  60. Loke
    Dec 19, 2003
    This really is the sim we (flight simmers around the world) have been waiting for. Graphics are amazing, flight models very good, and it features the most beautiful plane in the world: the Su-27. One point off for the lack of dynamic campaign. However, it is said that one is being developed by a third party.
  61. BruceL.
    Dec 19, 2003
    Some people just don't get it. That's exactly why complex flight sims don't appeal to everyone. If you're not willing to make the investment don't bother purchasing the product. LOMAC delivers what it set out to do. It has the normal growing pains like all complex combat flight sims have at first. I say give it some time to mature and the sim will really shine. Some people just don't get it. That's exactly why complex flight sims don't appeal to everyone. If you're not willing to make the investment don't bother purchasing the product. LOMAC delivers what it set out to do. It has the normal growing pains like all complex combat flight sims have at first. I say give it some time to mature and the sim will really shine. It's too bad most posts are from guys who play FPS games. Expand
  62. Steve
    Dec 19, 2003
    Great sim, no real PC technical issues what so ever. But then again i havent overclocked and modded my pc beyone its usability so I shouldnt expect any either. Needs a few bug fixes, but according to reports from the Developers these are corrected in the next patch. Good feedback from the developers and crew available on their forums. This gives me a warm fuzzy as it reminds me of the IL2 Great sim, no real PC technical issues what so ever. But then again i havent overclocked and modded my pc beyone its usability so I shouldnt expect any either. Needs a few bug fixes, but according to reports from the Developers these are corrected in the next patch. Good feedback from the developers and crew available on their forums. This gives me a warm fuzzy as it reminds me of the IL2 developers involvement in making sure they have a solid and progressive software package for their customers. Cant understand some of the low ratings but given some of the descriptions it sounds like the typical whiners just doing their jobs. Good game, definately enthralling for the hard core sim fans. Expand
  63. ClintG.
    Dec 19, 2003
    Spend your money on another product, this one bites the high hard one!
  64. HaroldR.
    Dec 19, 2003
    Pass on this for now. Too buggy for the average user, much less a juvenile.
  65. WilliamM.
    Dec 19, 2003
    Beware of the Fanboy?s that give this a 9 or 10. They are mindless trolls that have been seduced into coming here to inflate the rating of this over-hyped GAME. How they can rate this game a 10 at this point in time, with the hundreds of bugs present, doesn?t say much about them. I say game because at this point it?s as far from a simulation as can be. Proper system configuration is Beware of the Fanboy?s that give this a 9 or 10. They are mindless trolls that have been seduced into coming here to inflate the rating of this over-hyped GAME. How they can rate this game a 10 at this point in time, with the hundreds of bugs present, doesn?t say much about them. I say game because at this point it?s as far from a simulation as can be. Proper system configuration is important in some game and maybe this one, but the way the game is programmed, it doesn?t matter at this point in time. Multiplayer performance is pitiful, you must turn the settings down to get it to play on even the most high end machines, and the ?dynamic campaign? is a joke. If all you want to do is look at pretty pictures, like the stooges that give this a 10, buy it. If you want a game that you can play, PASS this one by. Expand
  66. LarryS.
    Dec 19, 2003
    Misleading reviews and forum comments. Reading the bulk of reviews here you think the game is great, not true. After loading I was met with many crash-to-desktops and a game that when it ran, was slow as hell. If you buy this game, be sure your machine is a very high one, over 3ghz, or you will be very unhappy. This is probably a good survey sim, it?s more an arcade game, but the problems Misleading reviews and forum comments. Reading the bulk of reviews here you think the game is great, not true. After loading I was met with many crash-to-desktops and a game that when it ran, was slow as hell. If you buy this game, be sure your machine is a very high one, over 3ghz, or you will be very unhappy. This is probably a good survey sim, it?s more an arcade game, but the problems don?t warrant buying at this time. Expand
  67. BruceS.
    Dec 19, 2003
    A complex and detailed combat flight sim that is one of the best I have flown. Those complaining with the low scores are morons that are unable to configure their systems properly or lack the required hardware to run the game. Don't listen to the boo hoo boys. This game rocks!!!
  68. LiquidFuse_RW
    Really sucks.
  69. MarietaJ.
    Dec 19, 2003
    Really good game, but still need some improvement, hope the incoming patches would upgrade the rate....
  70. Aaron
    Dec 18, 2003
    Overall, I have to say that I am impressed with this game thus far. Going into it, I was not expecting Falcon 4 or Janes F-18. When purchasing a survey sim, it is completely unreasonable expecting a dynamic campaign and having every radar mode modeled for every aircraft. Even study sims don't model avionics exactly. When looking at this game as a survey sim, the amount of detail is Overall, I have to say that I am impressed with this game thus far. Going into it, I was not expecting Falcon 4 or Janes F-18. When purchasing a survey sim, it is completely unreasonable expecting a dynamic campaign and having every radar mode modeled for every aircraft. Even study sims don't model avionics exactly. When looking at this game as a survey sim, the amount of detail is stunning. It is the first survey sim I have played that has truly unique avionics for each aircraft. Let me tell you this, I don't miss velocity search at all. In fact, I never use it in the sims that feature it. LOMAC gives you all the features you need to fulfill the missions. Now to the actual review. Starting with the campaign, it does what is expected well. What would have been beyond expectation is at least a branching campaign. That would add to the immersion factor. Perhaps one could be added on later in an update or expansion pack. The flight models seem believeable. I cannot swear to their authenticity since I am not a pilot myself. They seem at least on par with every other sim. In addition, they all differ in a believeable way from plane to plane. The one thing I did have a problem with is an easily corrected one. In fact I am sure it is being fixed as I type this. This issue is of course the F15 radar and air to air missles. I never though I would see myself selecting an AIM-7 over an AIM-120 during intermediate range engagements. Even with the Sparrow the engagements in my opinion are at near dogfighting range. The radar seems to be off a bit as well. However, all I have to do usually is climb to a higher altitude to pick up a bogey. I hope the developers just fix the problem and don't dumb the radar down. It would just be nice to be able to use it at altitudes below 4000 feet. That is the only real issue I had with the game. Alot of complaining seems to be going on about frame rates. Thinking back, I cannot remember a single flight sim that ran perfectly smooth with all the details on high or even medium. In fact, I get better initial performance out of LOMAC than I ever have with previous titles I own. Only within the last year and a half have I been able to run Falcon 4 and Janes f-18 at acceptable frame rates. F-18 was especially hard on the system I had at the time I purchased it...not to mention USNF. Even with the settings turned down to mid level, the graphics are stunning in LOMAC. A few things like the highest detailed water, anti aliasing, and heat blur will definitely bring the average system to its knees. LOMAC is the first sim I have seen to do trees correctly as well. I am also impressed they modeled the low smoke rocket motor of the AIM-120. So, for a quick recap, don't expect a dynamic campaign...its a survey sim for crying out loud, avionics details are good, weapon and radar performance need to be tweaked, and the graphics rock. Expand
  71. GeeMan
    Dec 18, 2003
    Has a few bugs but with a little tweaking it will be perfect! I love it!
  72. GaryW.
    Dec 18, 2003
    If you have not ever flown a real Fighter jet or have disired so your whole life! Lock on is as close as you will ever get. You will spend many palm sweaty hours just getting carrier landings or inflight refuleing mastered. Let alone dodging enemy missles! Beware this is a serious Jet Sim. Arcade Players will have trouble getting used to this sim. Settings can be set to tone down the If you have not ever flown a real Fighter jet or have disired so your whole life! Lock on is as close as you will ever get. You will spend many palm sweaty hours just getting carrier landings or inflight refuleing mastered. Let alone dodging enemy missles! Beware this is a serious Jet Sim. Arcade Players will have trouble getting used to this sim. Settings can be set to tone down the realism, but even though in the right perpective are not for the average arcade player! Expand
  73. RobertC.
    Dec 18, 2003
    This is a game for the beefy PC but LOMAC alone was worth me plunking down a cool grand in upgrades. A masterpiece - plain and simple.
  74. GaryP.
    Dec 18, 2003
    Plenty of PROMISE, but in its current state, its still a dream.
  75. SubZero
    Dec 18, 2003
    Let's just say that I can't post what needs to be said without having it deleted! My rating says it all.
  76. FarleyB
    Dec 18, 2003
    Out of the box HELL! S T A Y A W A Y !!!!
  77. ShawnD.
    Dec 18, 2003
    Really poor programming. This program was not ready to be released. It may improve in the future if they have competent developers on-hand.
  78. MathieuC.
    Dec 18, 2003
    Awesome graphics, impressive flight model, great job on avionics.
  79. RichC.
    Its awesome !!
  80. CalogeroC.
    Dec 18, 2003
    LOMAC has the potential to be part of the video game/simulation canon. I say "potential" because there are a few bugs to be worked out. Great inital effort though.
  81. CharlieW.
    Best jet sim available.
  82. SimonL.
    Dec 18, 2003
    I really should have given a 0, but that's to harsh and would really like to give it a ten, but I hate to lie. This has got to be the most overrated game in a long time. People state to make sure your system is properly configured and optimzed, but even that doesn't cover up the sloppy coding that has brought out hundreds of bug reports. They say they are being sorted out, I really should have given a 0, but that's to harsh and would really like to give it a ten, but I hate to lie. This has got to be the most overrated game in a long time. People state to make sure your system is properly configured and optimzed, but even that doesn't cover up the sloppy coding that has brought out hundreds of bug reports. They say they are being sorted out, we'll see. My money goes elsewhere for now, your's should too. Read the 9 and 10 reviews with your fingers crossed, they are misleading and an attempt to ramp up the ratings, Expand
  83. NikkiS.
    Dec 18, 2003
    Compared to Falcon 4.0, this is just another game. The avionics are arcade-like and a generation behind the king. To compare this game in its current state to Falcon 4.0 only hurts LOMAC! Its graphics are the best thing going for it and if it weren?t for that, who knows where it would stand. It appears plenty of work needs to be done to get this lump of code in working order. It actually Compared to Falcon 4.0, this is just another game. The avionics are arcade-like and a generation behind the king. To compare this game in its current state to Falcon 4.0 only hurts LOMAC! Its graphics are the best thing going for it and if it weren?t for that, who knows where it would stand. It appears plenty of work needs to be done to get this lump of code in working order. It actually appears to be Flanker rewrapped with a few more planes ?thrown? in. The consumer was taken for granted on this one and it seems many fell for the trap and hype. Don?t be one of them. Wait until Falcon 4:OIR comes out before making your decision. There?s more to calling yourself a flight?SIM? than pretty graphics. Expand
  84. M.
    Dec 18, 2003
    Great ideas behind the game BUT realisation is poor for now. Very bad. Lots of bugs of important functions, killing the fun to use the game - very, very sadly...
  85. GunterH.
    Dec 18, 2003
    So-so game with good graphics. Needs work.
  86. JohnK.
    Dec 18, 2003
    7 now, but as I find more bugs and figure a way around them I'll revote. Great game and has the potential to be even greater than Falcon 4.0. Just started, so give me time.
  87. RichardS.
    Dec 18, 2003
    I have given this game a 9/10 only because of a couple of bugs - which I hasten to add are been sorted out! Other than that I have to say that the graphics and game play that I have experienced are excellent, bordering on the phenomenal...
  88. SmokinBob
    Dec 18, 2003
    At first, there were some teething pains for me as system configuration is an absolute must with a sim of the complexity and fidelity, but as the days passed, LO:MAC has turned into a nice little gem, and I am enjoying it very much. Be aware of the steep system requirements, and I know it can get frustrating, but there is help out there and I have not run into any showstoppers yet. Aside At first, there were some teething pains for me as system configuration is an absolute must with a sim of the complexity and fidelity, but as the days passed, LO:MAC has turned into a nice little gem, and I am enjoying it very much. Be aware of the steep system requirements, and I know it can get frustrating, but there is help out there and I have not run into any showstoppers yet. Aside from the poor documentation included in the box and on the CD, LO:MAC is a nice sight in what I hope will someday no longer be a niche market. The sim is a worthy successor to the Flanker Lineage, all spruced up for the 21st Century :) And who cannot resist having fun with Depleted Uranium??? The A-10 is an absolute joy to fly, and a conversation with an Air Force type told me the cockpit layout, gauges, etc. were pretty darn close to the real dea. Nice :) Although the lack of a dynamic campaign was a dissappointment, the highly detailed mission editor should help to fill in that gap. If you like flight sims, you must own LO:MAC!! Smokin Bob Expand
  89. JuanL.
    Awesome.
  90. DaveS.
    Great stuff!!!
  91. JohnH.
    Dec 18, 2003
    A diamond in the rough, but packed with potential and definitely one to watch.
  92. MarkW.
    Dec 18, 2003
    Yes it has some issues - but I think that most of those are related to underpowered systems (mine included) and the fact that the game is attempting to set new standards. Give the game a chance as it is going to be phenomenal. You get the best sense of low level combat that I have seen anywhere before. The visuals will be stunning on high end machines and the 3D virtual cockpit allows it Yes it has some issues - but I think that most of those are related to underpowered systems (mine included) and the fact that the game is attempting to set new standards. Give the game a chance as it is going to be phenomenal. You get the best sense of low level combat that I have seen anywhere before. The visuals will be stunning on high end machines and the 3D virtual cockpit allows it to stand out on its own. Recommend you having it in your collection before it becomes a cult title like some of the other modern combat sims. Expand
  93. WaiW.
    Good sim with bugs.
  94. ShawnW.
    Dec 18, 2003
    A very good beginning for a game that has the potential to be the best ever flight sim produced to date. I gave it a '5' because of obvious faults that should have been fixed before release, such as the game's inability to hold the options that the player picks. That is a pedestrian effort at best. I hope that forcing the customer to be the ultimate beta tester isn't A very good beginning for a game that has the potential to be the best ever flight sim produced to date. I gave it a '5' because of obvious faults that should have been fixed before release, such as the game's inability to hold the options that the player picks. That is a pedestrian effort at best. I hope that forcing the customer to be the ultimate beta tester isn't going to be the future trend of software development. Expand
  95. Rob
    Dec 18, 2003
    Splendid game - nice balance between hard-core sim and playablilty without sacrificing riealism. Given the support the developers gave Flanker2 and IL2, I have no doubt that this product will also receive solid support. There are some issues which need resolving (and I understand a patch is imminent). Notwithstanding this, the game is great and I'm addicted to it! Once patched, Splendid game - nice balance between hard-core sim and playablilty without sacrificing riealism. Given the support the developers gave Flanker2 and IL2, I have no doubt that this product will also receive solid support. There are some issues which need resolving (and I understand a patch is imminent). Notwithstanding this, the game is great and I'm addicted to it! Once patched, I'd give it a 10. As for now, a 9 will suffice. Expand
  96. DannyT.
    Dec 18, 2003
    After reading some of the reviews here, I felt I had to add mine. This game is unacceptable in the condition it?s being sold. I?m I a complainer as some seam to think? No, I?m a consumer that purchased a product that should not have been released in a beta state! Why people rate this thing a 10 is obvious, they are trying to pump up that ratings, and is beyond belief. The game is slow, After reading some of the reviews here, I felt I had to add mine. This game is unacceptable in the condition it?s being sold. I?m I a complainer as some seam to think? No, I?m a consumer that purchased a product that should not have been released in a beta state! Why people rate this thing a 10 is obvious, they are trying to pump up that ratings, and is beyond belief. The game is slow, and it?s not really the computers fault. It?s the substandard programming and quality assurance practices that were used to produce the un-optimized bug ridden code. I?m judging this GAME, in this condition it?s not a SIMULATOR, on how well of a simulator it is, or suppose to be, and on a computer that it states it can run on. With that in mind, it falls short in every category except graphics. If you want to take nice screenshots and enter a contest on a particular fanboy site, this is your game. If you wanted a flight simulator, don?t even pick this up for now. Wait until 2007 when the machines people say it needs to run on are available and after it?s 25?th patch! Expand
  97. DrewP.
    Dec 18, 2003
    Best Combat flight sim for modern aircraft I have ever seen. It has some bugs but the support from the devs is very good and I have no doubt that the problems will be fixed.
  98. Haggis
    Dec 18, 2003
    This sim is a patch away from being stunning! I'm having a great time creating my own missions with the user friendly mission editor. Lomac has a steep learning curve but very rewarding once a little time has been invested. I would recommend anybody whos interested in this genre to buy the game. I have a feeling this game will be kept alive by 3rd party modders for years to come :)
  99. AlexS.
    Dec 18, 2003
    Heard that many people have probs with the game. I´d give 10 points if FPS were better. This is the very best jet sim ever came out!
  100. RandyN.
    Dec 18, 2003
    This is the best combat flight sim to date. Falcon 4 Gold is around the corner and will surely give it a challenge. It is nice to see our favorite genre of game get a boost this year. :P

1. Our favourite is the A-10 Warthog – cruising at 50 feet, on the prowl for enemy tanks, it’s one of the most exhilarating missions available in any recent simulator.
  2. Detailed terrain, buildings, water, and effects lend an unprecedented feeling of speed to low-level flight. [March 2004, p.82]
  3. It has great graphics, fairly simple controls, great scenery, a decent choice of planes, and a great editor. Although the sounds easily get on your nerves, it will be the load times and need for a computer upgrade that will have you pulling your hair out.