• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Jul 26, 2005
7.5

1. JedB.
    Mar 8, 2004
    This is the best simulation I have every owned. The graphics are fabulous and the detail is incredible. I have been flying mostly the A-10 Warthog and it is a pleasure. This is the one I have been waiting for all my gaming life. Thanks to Eagle Dynamics, great job. No kudos to the publisher, Ubi Soft. They did a lousy job with the release. I finally had to order it from Amazon.com because This is the best simulation I have every owned. The graphics are fabulous and the detail is incredible. I have been flying mostly the A-10 Warthog and it is a pleasure. This is the one I have been waiting for all my gaming life. Thanks to Eagle Dynamics, great job. No kudos to the publisher, Ubi Soft. They did a lousy job with the release. I finally had to order it from Amazon.com because the EB near my house didn't have any and claimed that Ubi Soft "ran out of them". I also did not get a Key Command Card but was able to finally get one sent to me after I called Ubi Soft. (By the way, to the reviewer below - Codemasters is the publisher of Operation Flashpoint, not Ubi Soft) Expand
  2. MikeK.
    AMAZING GAME !!!
  3. DaveC.
    Dec 17, 2003
    Looks amazing has cool graphics but my pc sucks to play it :(
  4. AlexisG.
    Oct 2, 2004
    A fine game. Really enjoyed the look and feel of it. I am rather stupid when it comes to complicted games but this one was worth the time and study I put in to learn it. If a moron like me can enjoy it then I am sure others will be able to have a great time with this cool simulation game.
  5. xy
    Love the A-10 :D
  6. RickL.
    Dec 17, 2003
    This is one incredible sim, which will only get better in time, like a fine wine. rjetster
  7. JoeC.
    Dec 20, 2003
    Unbelievable! This is a cool game! Amazing that there are so many crybabies that can't figure out how to load this game. I had no problems and I am no computer expert. If you like jets and modern weapons THIS is the game for you.
  8. JohnnyW.
    Oct 2, 2004
    Fantastic simulation of both Western and Eastern aircraft. Incredible graphics and accurate flight models. One of the best modern air combat sims I have EVERY flown. Ignore the crybabies and get this simulaiton! With the 1.02 patch it is a must if you love modern air warfare.
  9. ThomasH.
    Feb 25, 2004
    You low raters are childish. This is an awesome sim you morons. Because you wont spend money on new hardware to enjoy this game you complain. na na na! Get a job lowlives.
  10. FelixE.
    Great Game!
  11. JohnB.
    Great sim.
  12. MrMudd
    Dec 16, 2003
    In a time of multiple entertainment avenues for the home consumer. LOCK on has many challenges set before it. The choice ofton these days as opposed to the mid 90's when Flight Simulations were at their height. is now you have some competitors for your personal entertainment. Today you have Consoles, and DVDS, and internet to fill the void. In this publishers understand that the In a time of multiple entertainment avenues for the home consumer. LOCK on has many challenges set before it. The choice ofton these days as opposed to the mid 90's when Flight Simulations were at their height. is now you have some competitors for your personal entertainment. Today you have Consoles, and DVDS, and internet to fill the void. In this publishers understand that the Investment required to make a quality sim far exceeeds a return on investment. Lock on is a novel approach. in this approach they attemtped to laydown a high defined flying enviroment with plenty of dynamics and challenges available to the player provided tey wish to use the fast mission planner or user Mission planner. Te player is afforded multiple aircraft to fly. the other neat aspect. Is that theres other activities other than flying. With the high investment into AI objects in the game. battle scenarios and capabilities can be tested. This is one avenue military enthusiest will enjoy. Next is the Spielbergs of gameing. Those enthusiests that enjoy cinemetographer pursuits. this has been a very popular aspect of the IL2 online community. The differnce of Lomac is they provide you the media makeing tools. with a Track recording and playback feature, that allows the end user to manipulate camera views and then to record them with the movie makeing feature, that captures the whole event 1 screen capture at a time. While this is a slow process it provides you with game quality photage that far exceeds Digital out and or 3rd party screen capture methods. This is one feature that had the fans of this title ecstatic through the whole development process. When critics make instant judgements against lomac they fail to grasp the multitude of differnt activities available to the LOMAC consuker. Above is just a few of the highlights. LOMAC deliever a very very solid foundation with graphics quality far exceeding any simulation to date. It is an aviators wonderland. With multiple developers buyouts by several publishers and companies. I am amazed that the integrity of the simulation was held together. This is an Attribute to a very sound development plan that weighed, changeing budgets, Publisher deadlines and consumer expectations. the developers, Consultants, and Producers succeeded in creating a very solid foundation. On the surface to the hardcore crowd it may look below the par for genre. but i believe this is not the case. LOMAC never has had a Roof set over it. Its primary goal was to provide all the differnt Enthusiests an activity in one package. This title has Expansion and growth all over it. their is no limit, to what can be done in the sime for the enthusiest or the developer. This title is a goldmine. All that is required is forthe Consumer to pickup the tools that have been made available to them and harvest this multifaceted entertainment package. I belive lock on has sold the community a 500 Dolalr simulation package 40 dollars at a time. I expect great things from the Eagle Dynamics and Fighter Collection team. Expand
  13. V.D.
    Dec 16, 2003
    This is just a new Simbenchmark and a whole new Flightsimexperience, don´t miss it...
  14. BisonBranco
    Dec 16, 2003
    Hey, it´s the best! Simple as that!
  15. JoeP.
    Dec 16, 2003
    Terrific ....best I've played..needs work, but played right out-of-the box w/ minor tweaks. Realistic and still "fun". Great grafics and sound. After patches..it will be superior and 10+ rating.
  16. RyanD.
    Awesome game!
  17. NS
    Dec 17, 2003
    Its everything a sim should be.
  18. DavidS.
    Dec 17, 2003
    LO-MAC offers the most detailed realistic and amazing graphic avionic and flight model EVER! it is a complete packadge, with immersion puringg out your eyes and ears, it is as close as you get to perfection and there is no flight simulation to beat it withing sights, graphic get 9/10, immersion get 8/10, realism get 9/10, multiplayer ease of use get 10/10, recording track/avi ability get LO-MAC offers the most detailed realistic and amazing graphic avionic and flight model EVER! it is a complete packadge, with immersion puringg out your eyes and ears, it is as close as you get to perfection and there is no flight simulation to beat it withing sights, graphic get 9/10, immersion get 8/10, realism get 9/10, multiplayer ease of use get 10/10, recording track/avi ability get 9/10 (10 if you could alter views while playing back the track more like a replay), training get 9/10 (10 if miss spelling was left out and voice over included) all in all it is the most beautiful wonderful amazing flight simulator to date and one where you actually have to learn an aircraft to fly it, and the more willing you are to learn and master it, the bigger the reward in game will be, i could write a LONG extensive review but i wont, three words, BEAUTIFUL, IMMERSIVE, IMPRESSIVE! only thing that troubles it is the feel of an unfinished product released to quickly/early, with miss spellings, things left out of the PDF manual and already not beeing complete at all (70% of everything good to know and learn you will have to get on your own on the internet or the forum) and graphic glitches and miss-out's and avionics glitches and miss-out's, model glitches and miss-out's, etc. no introduction video, left out dynamic campaign, requires a high end computer which in my case i dont have but still LOVE that it is that way, when i do upgrade again ill set settings up and go at it again, REPLAYABILITY! good thing it got such a good support by developers, producersm ubisoft, patches will be made bringing it constantly towards perfection, A MUST BY! try to fly it you will be STUCK! Expand
  19. JuanL.
    Awesome.
  20. BruceS.
    Dec 19, 2003
    A complex and detailed combat flight sim that is one of the best I have flown. Those complaining with the low scores are morons that are unable to configure their systems properly or lack the required hardware to run the game. Don't listen to the boo hoo boys. This game rocks!!!
  21. Wazza
    Dec 23, 2003
    Awsome just awsome.
  22. DonaldT.
    Jan 23, 2004
    WOW! This is a fantastic simulation! I was a bit concerned at first when I read some of the reviews by other users, but I went ahead and got it last week. I got the 1.01 patch and this baby is cool!!! The detail is incredible. I get good performance on my Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz with an ATI 9800 Pro video card. I run the settings on medium-high and get very good framerates. I played my first WOW! This is a fantastic simulation! I was a bit concerned at first when I read some of the reviews by other users, but I went ahead and got it last week. I got the 1.01 patch and this baby is cool!!! The detail is incredible. I get good performance on my Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz with an ATI 9800 Pro video card. I run the settings on medium-high and get very good framerates. I played my first multiplayer on Hyperlobby last night and it was a blast!!! Lots of great guys flying last night. I just can't believe some of the negative comments being tossed about here!!! This is now one of my favorites!! I like it better than IL-2, Falcon, Strike Fighters, all the rest! This one is a keeper on my hard drive, for sure! Buy it! Expand
  23. Quevro
    Jan 5, 2004
    This has got to be the best flight-sim I?ve ever loaded up. The graphics are superb, game-play outstanding, and bugs, what bugs. I?m getting great framerates and if I have a problem, I know where I can go to get the help I need; the LOMAC site. The moderators are so nice and helpful and they seem to tolerate a lot of abuse. I should know, I got banned for being a poophead! I hope this This has got to be the best flight-sim I?ve ever loaded up. The graphics are superb, game-play outstanding, and bugs, what bugs. I?m getting great framerates and if I have a problem, I know where I can go to get the help I need; the LOMAC site. The moderators are so nice and helpful and they seem to tolerate a lot of abuse. I should know, I got banned for being a poophead! I hope this rating will get me back into the good graces of the god of mods; Diceman, my idol. Quevro@www.tacopilots.com Expand
  24. JasonK.
    Jul 17, 2004
    This sim is excellent, especially after the V1.02 patch that was released last month. A fantastic online mupltiplayer experience. A pity that the publisher released it too soon, but fortunately the developer stuck with it and have produced an outstanding simulation with the new patch. Get this sim! It rocks!
  25. R.K.
    Dec 16, 2003
    How can anyone with a brain give this game a 1? Children will be children or in a other word, moron! This game is amazing. There are bugs that need and will be addressed. This project was a ambitious one from the start. This sim is ground breaking and do to the complexe code and ambitious development team have the best flight sim ever created. Its a shame that people who could really get How can anyone with a brain give this game a 1? Children will be children or in a other word, moron! This game is amazing. There are bugs that need and will be addressed. This project was a ambitious one from the start. This sim is ground breaking and do to the complexe code and ambitious development team have the best flight sim ever created. Its a shame that people who could really get into this game would rather rant and in return put this great sim out to paster before they let it breed and give the flight sim community a successful future of addons and patchs to enjoy for some time. I would give it a 9 but to ofset the morons that count past 1. I raise my vote be 1. There you go, 10. Expand
  26. AntonS.
    Dec 16, 2003
    Best flight sim out yet, NOT for W.S.A.D people.
    Dec 16, 2003
    Troch? du?e wymagania ale gra jest po prostu wspania?a.
  28. IvanB.
    Dec 16, 2003
    This game earns a solid 10 and here is the reason why. Lock On fills a void that has existed in the combat flight sim market for more then 5 years. It has all the base features and a visual system that is better then most multi-million dollar military flight simulations. Sure the program has it?s issues but the developer is actively addressing them. The developers understand the community This game earns a solid 10 and here is the reason why. Lock On fills a void that has existed in the combat flight sim market for more then 5 years. It has all the base features and a visual system that is better then most multi-million dollar military flight simulations. Sure the program has it?s issues but the developer is actively addressing them. The developers understand the community they are developing for. Lock ON! has a bright future and a strong fan base. Again that alone is worth a strong score of 5. Lock ON! earns the other 5 points due to the fact that you get a good mix of planes out of the box. The detail in the planes and the environment are amazing. You have strong multiplayer options and the program despite its bug issues runs well granted your system meets the games basic requirements. Flight Models feel very convincing. And the game includes a powerful mission builder. But the most important aspect of all is that you have a committed team of developers and producers that are fans of the genre. If given the chance, Lock ON may very well become the code platform for many other products. So I don't give Lock ON a 10.. It earns a 10. Expand
  29. ChristopherH.
    Dec 16, 2003
    Top quality game. The bugs are being patched as we speak and any issues are USUALLY the result of people who can't tell one end of the PC from another. Top quality future-proof game that I'll be playing for years to come.
  30. EmmaD.
    Dec 16, 2003
    Please - ignore the reviews who say it doesn't work. How can they review a game if it doesn't work? All the bugs are being fixed in an upcoming patch and Win98 support is fixed. Top game - love playing it!
  31. Carl
    Dec 16, 2003
    Initially, I had serious stability issues in Win2k and 98SE. After installing XP and a shader-equipped video card, all performance/stability issues disappeared. This game is fantastic, truly reminiscent of the "golden oldies" such as Falcon3 and Torando. Well done ED/Ubi!
  32. DavidD.
    Dec 16, 2003
    The new Benchmark in Jet Sims. Minor bugs, but what software doesn't?
  33. FreyaN.
    Supergame!!!!
  34. RowanN
    Dec 16, 2003
    I thinks it great, and i,m in love with this game. Superb graphics, and a realistic flightmodel.
  35. AntoniusV.
    Dec 16, 2003
    I know to some, a 10 rating may seem high, but this sim has been an outstanding performer for me. I started w/a low end vid card (ATI 7200 64MB) and it ran w/o a hitch. I upgraded to an ATI 9800 and it just plain freaks me out how beautiful it is. This sim, after all the nit picking and naysayers have had their way, will go down as a history maker and groundbreaker. I have been simming I know to some, a 10 rating may seem high, but this sim has been an outstanding performer for me. I started w/a low end vid card (ATI 7200 64MB) and it ran w/o a hitch. I upgraded to an ATI 9800 and it just plain freaks me out how beautiful it is. This sim, after all the nit picking and naysayers have had their way, will go down as a history maker and groundbreaker. I have been simming since the early 80s and it isn't often a sim has the impact on me that Lock On does. The sky is the limit for this one. Outstanding job Eagle Dynamics. Expand
  36. ZolosP.
    Dec 16, 2003
    Eye candy, CHECK. Flight modeling, CHECK. Game immersion, CHECK. Active online community, CHECK Fun, CHECK.
  37. DavidA.
    Dec 16, 2003
    First of all most of the user reviews here are obviously from people who didn't spend much time in the game. They're also from people that don't know much about flight sims. In relation to the other flight sims, lock on is clearly the best, and has potential to do two times better at least. Give it some time.
  38. SumonH.
    Dec 16, 2003
    LOMAC was released with some bugs, but no biggy. Having been a fan of Eagle Dynamics since the original Flanker, I know they (the team and Carl Norman) are very dedicated and passionate about their work. I'm certain that bugs will be fixed and features will be added via patches. Best of all, they listen to their customers. And that is the reason why I gave it such high score LOMAC was released with some bugs, but no biggy. Having been a fan of Eagle Dynamics since the original Flanker, I know they (the team and Carl Norman) are very dedicated and passionate about their work. I'm certain that bugs will be fixed and features will be added via patches. Best of all, they listen to their customers. And that is the reason why I gave it such high score eventhough LOMAC was released with some bugs and broken features. And on top of that it is the best military simulator/game I've played in a long time. And I played them all. :) Expand
  39. MimesP.
    Dec 16, 2003
    Perhaps 9.5 would have been more appropriate score. 0.5 taken out only for a small manual and inability to fly a fast jet with A2A and full A2G capability, such as Mig-29k, or F/A-18 Hornet. Having said that, this absolute gem is the most impressive piece of software I have ever come across. There is simply no competition for Lock-On in the flight simulation market.
  40. JimC.
    Dec 17, 2003
    An amazing achievenment for a combat flight simulation. The graphics, flight model, AI, and avionics all combine to give an excellent immersion. You really feel like a fighter pilot!
  41. LudgerW.
    Dec 17, 2003
    Best jet simulation out there. Wide variety of jets and missions. For beginners and pros. Should be a definite buy for every serious flight simmer.
  42. kaloS.
    Dec 17, 2003
    Just the greatest air-simulator ever created alongside with Il-2FB. There are bugs, but they could be corrected and are being corrected. It is ade for top rigs, but this is called to look in the future. I play it on my P3 1000 Mhz, 512 RAM and GF4 MX 440SE, I don`t get all the great effects, but still I love this game.
  43. DolAmite
    Dec 17, 2003
    Best flight sim today Falcon Was dood in its day but nothing can touch the playability for all and multiplayer ease,sure it has bugs and is system hungry but what new game is not.
  44. JohnA.
    Dec 17, 2003
    In terms of graphics and immersion...this sim is just off the scale. and complexity? --don't get me started. I get more of a rush from one afternoon flying LOMAC than I ever got flying that "other" sim.
  45. -325th-SixGun
    Dec 17, 2003
    Liking the game alot! It's a huge amont of fun especially when flying w/ all my friends online. It is a system hog, but I'm having VERY few issues w/ the game right now. It's only gonna get better. You better get a HOTAS!
  46. L.M.
    Dec 17, 2003
    Bugs aside, best flight sim to date.
  47. AndrewL.
    Dec 17, 2003
    Best modern flight sim ever made to date.
  48. DanE.
    A+++++++
  49. Savo4c
    Dec 17, 2003
    beautifull and enjoying a lot that revolutionary sim!
  50. DaveS.
    Great stuff!!!
  51. GavinR.
    Dec 18, 2003
    Fantastic game - runs great on AMD64.
  52. GaryW.
    Dec 18, 2003
    If you have not ever flown a real Fighter jet or have disired so your whole life! Lock on is as close as you will ever get. You will spend many palm sweaty hours just getting carrier landings or inflight refuleing mastered. Let alone dodging enemy missles! Beware this is a serious Jet Sim. Arcade Players will have trouble getting used to this sim. Settings can be set to tone down the If you have not ever flown a real Fighter jet or have disired so your whole life! Lock on is as close as you will ever get. You will spend many palm sweaty hours just getting carrier landings or inflight refuleing mastered. Let alone dodging enemy missles! Beware this is a serious Jet Sim. Arcade Players will have trouble getting used to this sim. Settings can be set to tone down the realism, but even though in the right perpective are not for the average arcade player! Expand
  53. MarcoU.
    Dec 18, 2003
    The best combat flight simulator around, no joke.
  54. ShaneS.
    Dec 18, 2003
    Excellent game! Yes it has bugs...what pice of new software doesn't? It'll be fixed, rest assured!
  55. ZiadJ.
    Rocks.
  56. JuanL.
    Oct 29, 2003
    Awesome.
  57. BuzzL.
    Jan 28, 2004
    I have to take exception to the people saying that the game is full of bugs. I run it just fine on my pentium 4. I have a good video card and get great performance with Lock On. The U.S. planes are fine. The A-10 rocks and while the missiles for the F-15 have a few problems, we have been told that the next patch will address the MINOR problems. I suspect that the people complaining in the I have to take exception to the people saying that the game is full of bugs. I run it just fine on my pentium 4. I have a good video card and get great performance with Lock On. The U.S. planes are fine. The A-10 rocks and while the missiles for the F-15 have a few problems, we have been told that the next patch will address the MINOR problems. I suspect that the people complaining in the pervious reviews just don't know how to configure their systems or have gear that is not able to handle higher settings. This is a great sim and it deserves the highest rating. BUZZ Expand
  58. Mower
    Apr 19, 2004
    I used to be a Falcon snob and insulted Lock On all the time on the various flight sim forums. I decided to finally cast off my ignorance and actually play Lock On and have since discovered it to be outstanding. I was wrong and acted like a total fool. I've come to my senses now and apologize to the flight sim community for my foolish and disruptive behavior in the past. I love Lock On!
  59. BlitzPigSpectre
    Dec 16, 2003
    Finally a simulation of the A-10 Warthog worthy of the name. Not for quick and dirty shoot-em up types, but a thorough combat simulation. Oh, and there are a few other flyables in there also. :) Graphically beautiful, has a great "feel", and is a great challenge, for those seeking one. A new bench-mark for the combat flight sim genre...
  60. BuddyA.
    The BEST
  61. MichaelR.
    Dec 16, 2003
    Excellent physics, excellent graphics.
  62. FelippeJ.
    Dec 16, 2003
    The Hog what more can i say;) This is one of the best games i ever played
  63. AndyH.
    Dec 16, 2003
    Outstanding flight modeling, superb graphics, incredible sound -- all for a complete immersive modern fighter jet simulation experience.
  64. TonyL.
    Dec 16, 2003
    No I don't give any game 10 but this is trully an exception for so many reasons. Its quite literally the best sense of being in the air in a real environment every to grace a PC, but the price is you need good hardware as would be expected of any cutting edge pioneering game title. Lock On is indeed a milestone of virtual flight and you get to fight in it as well ;) Get this game, No I don't give any game 10 but this is trully an exception for so many reasons. Its quite literally the best sense of being in the air in a real environment every to grace a PC, but the price is you need good hardware as would be expected of any cutting edge pioneering game title. Lock On is indeed a milestone of virtual flight and you get to fight in it as well ;) Get this game, and be patient with it, just like you would with anything that you love and cherish. Well done ED, another masterpiece. Expand
  65. LAWilliams
    Dec 16, 2003
    This Flight Sim have raised the bar. This is by far the best flight sim I've experienced. There are some minor bugs, but that is to be expected with a sim of of this magnitude. The scary part is this Sim will only get better with future patches. GREAT SIM!
  66. ChrisB.
    Dec 16, 2003
    This Sim has it all and then some!
    Its photo-realistic graphics lure me up to just fly around and simply enjoy the view...
    The attention to detail is astounding. Couple that with high fidelity avionics and flight models and you have a bleeding edge sim for a relatively small investment. The Dev team has a 'hands on' approach with the community and is not afraid to get
    This Sim has it all and then some!
    The attention to detail is astounding.

The Dev team has a 'hands on' approach with the community and is not afraid to get their feet wet and take praise or criticism for their product.

More importantly, they interact with the community on a daily basis and actually listen to them.-KUDOS-
    This approach is better than any shiny box for building a customer base.

Looking forward to the 1st patch!
    (and ANY addon these guys put thier mitts on).
    Thanks again everyone involved.
  67. DiamondMilzy
    Dec 16, 2003
    Considering it has been the only Combat Sim released in the past few years worth playing, how can it be anything less than a 10?
  68. Blaze
    Dec 16, 2003
    This Simm is 10 times as good as any FPS out there and Forgotten Battles doesn't even come close to the techincial level this simm has set. Go ahead and purchase this one but be prepared to work hard to achieve any type of success.
  69. IvanM.
    Dec 17, 2003
    i love this game, even if it have come out before was totally finished.
  70. FelixE.
    Great Game!
  71. ReggieF.
    Dec 17, 2003
    Ok, a lot of complainers are upset because the game doesn't run smooth on their system. Everyone needs to keep in mind this game IS designed for high-end machines of the near future. This game is designed so in 2007 it will STILL be an amazing highly-detailed game. That's obvious. It's just ACCEPTABLE on a low-end machine (and yes P4 2.4ghz and slower are low-end machines Ok, a lot of complainers are upset because the game doesn't run smooth on their system. Everyone needs to keep in mind this game IS designed for high-end machines of the near future. This game is designed so in 2007 it will STILL be an amazing highly-detailed game. That's obvious. It's just ACCEPTABLE on a low-end machine (and yes P4 2.4ghz and slower are low-end machines from my point of view). This is an AMAZING game when it comes to it's purpose... A flight Simulator. It's VERY accurate when it comes to realism. Though it does have a few bugs (bugs that have a promised patch approaching), it is still WELL worth a 10. If you're going to JUDGE this game. Do it based on how well of a Simulator it is, It will win easily... Don't judge it based on a computer that isn't designed for such a powerful simulator. Expand
  72. -325th-SixGun
  75. RichC.
    Its awesome !!
  76. RobertC.
    Dec 18, 2003
    This is a game for the beefy PC but LOMAC alone was worth me plunking down a cool grand in upgrades. A masterpiece - plain and simple.
  77. PatrikH.
    Dec 19, 2003
    Excellent game, detailed graphics, correct modeling, realistic voice communication and a superb controlling system.
  78. JedP.
    Dec 22, 2003
    A fantastic product. Even with the few bugs I have encountered, this is a keeper. Not for the weak minded console user or crybaby that does not know how to run a computer. Don't buy it if you can't figure out how to configure your system. If you love modern air combat and have half a brain, you MUST buy this product.
  79. BarneyW.
    Dec 26, 2003
    Best air combat game I have ever purchased. It's obvious to me that the people who rate it low are ignorant and unable to properly configure their systems or still use older hardware. These people are console users or cheapskates who want great performance but don't want to pay for it. Ignore the ignorant ones and get this product (provided you have the gear and the brains to Best air combat game I have ever purchased. It's obvious to me that the people who rate it low are ignorant and unable to properly configure their systems or still use older hardware. These people are console users or cheapskates who want great performance but don't want to pay for it. Ignore the ignorant ones and get this product (provided you have the gear and the brains to run it). Peace, out. Expand
  80. JohnF.
    Feb 5, 2004
    Just bought Lock On this past weekend. I really like it. It looks great, has lots of great aircraft and the missions are fun. I have not had a chance to fly multiplayer yet, but I will try this coming weekend. Just playing single player has shown me that this game is one of the best sims I have ever owned. I still can't believe how great it looks. Sure, it is not for older systems, I Just bought Lock On this past weekend. I really like it. It looks great, has lots of great aircraft and the missions are fun. I have not had a chance to fly multiplayer yet, but I will try this coming weekend. Just playing single player has shown me that this game is one of the best sims I have ever owned. I still can't believe how great it looks. Sure, it is not for older systems, I have a pretty good rig. But, if you are serious about flying complex jets then this is the one for you. I can understand that people that have inferior hardware might not like a game like this, but they are going to be crying big time when new games come out this year that are going to be just as demanding as Lock On. Don't make the mistake of listening to the doom and gloom bunch. Get this great game now. JF. Expand
  81. AndyM.
    Dec 16, 2003
    great game, I realy dont have any problems running it at all. Ok ive got a high spec computer but if you want to run a high spec game like this then you need the hardware to run it. I some times have to reming my self that its only a sim, the graphics are that good. I know there are some problems for some people but hopefully the up comming patch should sort those problems out.
  82. JurgenT.
    Dec 17, 2003
    Great game but even on easy somme things are very hard (can't shoot a plane down whit a missle)
  83. Rob
    Dec 18, 2003
    Splendid game - nice balance between hard-core sim and playablilty without sacrificing riealism. Given the support the developers gave Flanker2 and IL2, I have no doubt that this product will also receive solid support. There are some issues which need resolving (and I understand a patch is imminent). Notwithstanding this, the game is great and I'm addicted to it! Once patched, Splendid game - nice balance between hard-core sim and playablilty without sacrificing riealism. Given the support the developers gave Flanker2 and IL2, I have no doubt that this product will also receive solid support. There are some issues which need resolving (and I understand a patch is imminent). Notwithstanding this, the game is great and I'm addicted to it! Once patched, I'd give it a 10. As for now, a 9 will suffice. Expand
  84. Smack5
    Dec 16, 2003
    Great sim, even with the bugs (patch is on the way). Having said that, pay attention to the RECOMMENDED specs on the box. I'll second the "don't listen to the crybabies" comment. If your system is meeting the minimum specs, then be prepared for a minimal experience. With decent hardware, you shouldn't have many problems, and it's definately playable in it's Great sim, even with the bugs (patch is on the way). Having said that, pay attention to the RECOMMENDED specs on the box. I'll second the "don't listen to the crybabies" comment. If your system is meeting the minimum specs, then be prepared for a minimal experience. With decent hardware, you shouldn't have many problems, and it's definately playable in it's current state. Expand
  85. Torch
    Dec 17, 2003
    This is LOMAC, need I say more. Bugs will be fixed and performance will increase as my PC gets better. But it isn't perfect (yet) so a 9 out of 10 is well deserved.
  86. TimI.
    Feb 13, 2004
    I just bought Lock On this past week. Spent the day playing it and have to say that it truly is a work of art. The attention to detail is outstanding. I did apply the V1.01 patch at the official website and I have had no problems running this simulation. This one is a keeper on my hard drive. I hope they make more add ons with new planes and missions. Tim.
  87. JamesR.
    Feb 5, 2004
    Call me a fanboy then. I just got this game last week and while I initially had some problems, once I had gone throught the Readme.txt file and made some adjustments the game ran fine. There were some bugs but after downloading the Version 1.01 patch from the www.lo-mac.com website and getting some additional performance tips from the official forum at the ubi soft's website, I have Call me a fanboy then. I just got this game last week and while I initially had some problems, once I had gone throught the Readme.txt file and made some adjustments the game ran fine. There were some bugs but after downloading the Version 1.01 patch from the www.lo-mac.com website and getting some additional performance tips from the official forum at the ubi soft's website, I have been enjoying this simulation greatly. It has the best graphics I have ever seen in any flight sim. The missions are challenging and fun. The multiplayer throught Hyperlobby is a total gas!!! I played online last night in a coop mission where we took out armored columns of Russian vehicles with A-10s. It was the most fun I have had playing online. This is a great game and I am one happy sim pilot for having purchased it. All you guys moaning must not being playing the same game that I am because this one is staying on my computer for years! Buy this game! Expand
  88. Luis
    Dec 16, 2003
    Best flight sim ever..with the right equiptment...ofcourse....
  89. s81o
    Dec 16, 2003
    Where flight simulators are concerned this is the finest, no doubt.
  90. AndyJ.
    Dec 16, 2003
    Well, not all that I've expected came true, but, technically, this is the best product on simulator arena now.
  91. Jenikov
    Dec 16, 2003
    Amazing graphics, sweetly modelled planes and incredibely cool ground battles. Good multiplayer and a great sense of teamwork if you play with the right crowd. Cons: Some instability issues, system hog, memory leak, and occasional weird behavious of planes/avionics. Finally: Best modern day sim to date, period.
  92. NazgulN
    Dec 16, 2003
    Its just another milestone in Flightsim history, it has great potential to become the best. I play Flightsims for over 20 years now, and ive seem them all, and played most of them. I gave it a Fat9, cos i know that nothing is perfect and complete, But Lock-on will, and then ill give it a 10 with stars*****
  93. DarthMaul
    Dec 16, 2003
    A very nice game. The Flanker roots are still there. Same Mission Editor witch is good. The interface is very easy to use. Only some small bugs,Missiles should be more efficient(all missiles Blue or Red). It is working on modes computers like mine.(XP2000/256Mb/Gf2MX).
  94. CN_Luke
    Dec 16, 2003
    This game is great, but need to be pulished a lot. In one year, if the developers keep patching it, creating addons and they add a dynamic campaign, will be a classic. If receives the same support as Strike Fighters P1, this sim will die soon. If is updated like IL2, will be the best jet fighter sim of all times.
  95. JamesKnight
    Dec 16, 2003
    This game is definatly the new benchmark for modern flight sims. Move over Falcon 4!
  96. PinpointH.
    Dec 16, 2003
    This game is under V1.0 There will be more patches, this will be the IL2 for the Modern Jet fighter. The campaingn editor is great and very easy to build missions. Many rant that its a beta, Ubi is beyond hope of proper distribution and advertisement. Eagle Dynamic built a very good flight simulator, its not a perfectly realistic, but it does the job and quite well. As with any new This game is under V1.0 There will be more patches, this will be the IL2 for the Modern Jet fighter. The campaingn editor is great and very easy to build missions. Many rant that its a beta, Ubi is beyond hope of proper distribution and advertisement. Eagle Dynamic built a very good flight simulator, its not a perfectly realistic, but it does the job and quite well. As with any new software, it has some demanding system specs in order to work well. I hope the soon to be patch will fix many of the major issues. Expand
  97. Eagle
    Dec 16, 2003
    I love the game. I have a nice system with WinXP Pro and it works wonderfully. If you have a large system to run it the game is wonderful. I'd have liked more depth, but it's still a LOT of fun.
  98. 195th_HollywoodLeMieux
    Dec 16, 2003
    This game is very promising.. Although with its bugs that game has GREAT potential.. By far the best flight sim made...
  99. Ola
    The new benchmark
  100. FrankE.
    Dec 17, 2003
    Really really a rough diamond which will become the ultimate flight sim after a patch or two. BUY this one if you're the slightest bit interested in flight simulators.

1. Our favourite is the A-10 Warthog – cruising at 50 feet, on the prowl for enemy tanks, it’s one of the most exhilarating missions available in any recent simulator.
  2. Detailed terrain, buildings, water, and effects lend an unprecedented feeling of speed to low-level flight. [March 2004, p.82]
  3. It has great graphics, fairly simple controls, great scenery, a decent choice of planes, and a great editor. Although the sounds easily get on your nerves, it will be the load times and need for a computer upgrade that will have you pulling your hair out.