6.6

1. Apr 9, 2013
    Absolutely fun and cool, finally a game different from the usual games, not at all boring!! Fantastic graphics interface! Compliments to the Italian team!
  2. Apr 9, 2013
    I really like this game. Simulation is very challenging. You feel like an actual coach, trying to exploit your team to obtain the best. Nightlife is fun. I like changing activity and see what happens to my players.
    I also like real-time commands issued during a match, just like you were a coach shouting from the bench
  3. Apr 7, 2013
    So, this game is definitely different to the other football games out there. I have to say I enjoyed playing the match with the interactive commands that you can give your players. It took a little while of getting used to but I can construct some very good moves now.

The rest of the game is interesting, the players seem to have their own mood, and the idea of having addictions and
    punishments is fun, especially since I edited my team to be the same as the team I support.

I think overall this is a unique angle for football games, hopefully they will improve it in future versions.
  4. Apr 13, 2013
    You can jump in with only a basic understanding of how the game works and immediately start having fun. But with a little bit of practice, you’ll unearth the complexities of the game. The more time you spend learning the game, the more you’ll feel rewarded. This game is challenging and accessible at the same time.
  5. Apr 6, 2013
    Benchè possa sembrare spoglio di contenuti, Lords of Football ha buone potenzialità per aggiungere un nuovo genere, alla blasonata categoria dei giochi sportivi.
  6. Apr 6, 2013
    Do un 8 di incoraggiamento. L'idea veramente ottima, ma il risultato finale risulta molto lento e noioso, manca quell'appeal che ti tiene incollato al gioco. Bel tentativo, vediamo se in futuro con qualche DLC le cose miglioreranno.
  7. Apr 7, 2013
    Lords of Football mi ha emozionato e positivamente colpito. Dopo anni di prodotti calcistici che ripropongono sempre gli stessi contenuti, finalmente una ventata di aria fresca.
    L'idea di base davvero molto bella. Sicuramente il gioco ha margini di miglioramento, ma già questa prima versione riesce a raggiungere un rapporto qualità-prezzo più che favorevole.
    Merita di essere menzionato
    il sistema utilizzato per simulare la partita e gli allenamenti. Forse qualcosa in più poteva essere fatto nella fase notturna Expand
  8. Apr 7, 2013
    There have been plenty of game about football and I've been playing football game since Microprose Soccer, but there have been none like Lords of Football. The game delivers really nice football simulation and many innovations are great. You don't have just the tactics, you also have to take care of personal problems and strange behaviours of players. Commands during the match are also a good idea and the punishments are just amazing. Surprisingly well done for an indie game and no official licenses. Expand
  9. Apr 7, 2013
    This is very different from other football games out there, It's like a mix of a Sims like world and interaction with a mix of a typical management style game.

I found it to be fun and a crazy spin on what i'm used to in football games. It consists of training footballers on different exercises in the day and moving them around the town at night to keep them happy and then playing a
    match which you can interact with.

Over time you unlock new events in the town and the club buildings improve to give you more space and new training exercises. It's not super deep but it has enough to make me want to play more and actually get to the Champions league (or whatever they call it)

With this game I like the match and its interactions, even though they could be improved, they work and its above all fun to get your team doing what you want them to.

Granted there is room for improvement, but i see the huge potential that this game has to bring a new type of football game to the market. If they can make some updates and give even more things to do I think it can be even better.
  10. Apr 9, 2013
    This a pretty good game considering Italian standards innovative and addicting.
    If you are bored of Football Manager or Fifa series this will be a good one.
  11. Apr 10, 2013
    Un gioco pensato per una specifica tipologia di pubblico, amanti del calcio condito con serietà e frivolezza, forse un risultato finale non ottimale ma di di certo un buon punto d partenza per un idea fresca e sbarazzina. Lord of football si lascia giocare con semplicità e immediatezza, senza tante complicazioni, e' un gioco da giocare ma anche da osservare come un esperimento andato a buon fine. Expand
  12. Apr 14, 2013
    C'est clair que le jeu n'est pas parfait. Mais Il y a un vrai potentiel dans ce jeu. Très bon jeu, mix de sport et de stratégie. Je trouve le concept vraiment très innovateur et très captivant.
  13. Apr 7, 2013
    Not terribly bad, but could use a lot of improvement if this game is to have any future depth. Training while interesting at first seems tedious after a while. For true fans of the sport only i would imagine.
  14. Apr 7, 2013
    Lords of Football is a good idea and a game with a lot of potential, the actual game looks quite nice and is fun, however the game can get quite repetitive after a while and sometimes it lacks originality with the in game "addiction" feature, although if you can keep yourself enjoying the game then it can be a silly mix of "Football Manager" and "The Sims" and a lot of fun.
  15. Apr 11, 2013
    it's an alright game. good for the first 2-3 hours but get's repetitive quickly, there isn't nearly enough to do. the lack of currency is weird because it would make perfect sense in a game like where you manage inbounds/outbounds and upgrade your stadium etc. the needs of the players get annoying after a while and the interface/emoticon icons are not easy to handle or read. it's a nice fresh idea for 1 or 2 hours in between but don't expect to play this for long periods of time as it will bore you quickly. the football matches themselves are OK, you can control some stuff and the AI isn't too terrible but the graphics and especially physics seem like they are from a game made 10 years ago. overall decent game for a casual session but don't expect more. Expand
  16. Apr 11, 2013
    Geniaware's Lords of Football is a creative and unique simulation with endless potential. But all the potential in the world will not help you if your game is released half finished, and that is how this game feels: rushed and incomplete. The graphics are excellent and the gameplay itself is functional and working as intended. If they expanded on the basic principles and functions that the game flirts with, I do believe it could be a Game of the Year candidate for football enthusiasts and sim enthusiasts alike.

The reality is that this game, in its current form, falls flat on its face and will have you constantly expecting more.
  17. MTR
    Apr 6, 2013
    Una idea original destrozada totalmente.
    El pincipal gran problema, desde mi punto de vista, es la interface, diseñada sin pensar en lo mas básico, donde los fallos estan a todos los niveles: no poder hacer "pausa", invertir el "girar la cámara", la falta de todo tipo de tablas para comparar jugadores,... Actualmente sólo los que han diseñado el juego son capaces de jugar una partida
    sabiendo lo que haces.
    Sin duda muchos parches y rápido tienen que aparecer para que este juego no sea un total fracaso. Una autentica lástima
  18. Apr 6, 2013
    Really nothing special here. Generic, boring, dull. Other than graphics the game itself is quite comparable to any football game you could have bought 10+ years ago. Overall I would say still with the title you already have.
  19. Apr 6, 2013
    Lords of Football has about as much depth as the puddle forming outside my window. Just go play Football Manager again.

Seriously, if you want a football simulation, play FM. If you want control over the matches, play FIFA. If you want to organise the day-to-day lives of the characters, play The Sims. Lords of Football tries to do all of those things at once, but doesn't even come close
    to achieving one of them.

Half of the game involves staring at a Sims-like city overview, where the day is divided into two sections: training and night-life. You are supposed to micro-manage your players' activities throughout this period, but there just isn't that much that the game lets you do. For a simulation game, the lack of control and freedom is quite astounding. I can't stress just how uninspired this aspect of the game is. Imagine the Sims, but where you have no ability to customise or interact with anything.

Apart from occasionally dragging and dropping a player onto a new training exercise/night-time activity, there is essentially nothing for you to do during these segments. There is no financial system. You can't build new buildings (you unlock facilities and new training possibilities through a generic achievement system). You can't play the transfer market (you make recommendations to your boss as to the type of player he should be looking for). You can't scout new talent. You can't hire staff. You can't interact with your players. You can't negotiate contracts. It is essentially just 5-10 minutes of watching the game play itself. I actually spent several of these periods scouring through every part of the game, because I was convinced that there had to be something more to it.

The other half of the game revolves around the actual matches. Unsurprisingly (when you consider the calibre and size of its competition), the game engine is not up to par. It feels buggy and unpolished. Far too many times my players, despite being under no pressure whatsoever, would dribble the ball straight over the sideline, or pass the ball directly to an opposition player's feet. The graphics, as throughout the rest of the game, are fairly good.

Far and away the most interesting part of Lords of Football is the control it gives you within a match. When the game is paused, you are able to give direct commands to individual players. For example, I could plot a run for my winger that cuts inside from out wide, while having my centre-mid play a ball in behind the defence that he will run on to. Once you've got the hang of them, these moves can be really effective and will often lead to goals. This is a mechanic which I would be interested in seeing developed further, in one of the better quality offerings out there.

Unfortunately, the innovations within Lords of Football begin and end there. Alone, it isn't enough of a justification to keep playing. There is definitely an interesting concept somewhere within the game, but its implementation here leaves everything to be desired. A football simulation game where I could actually control the lives of my players would be something that I would definitely play, it it was done right. This isn't.
  20. Apr 6, 2013
    "Utterly boring" that's all I can say about this game. The graphic itself if okay but the game just makes me feel sick. It lacks of creativity and style. Don't ever buy this game, ever.

1. Jun 7, 2013
    Lords of Football has a great idea behind it, but it's an unripe fruit. After enjoying it for some time, you will inevitably notice some gaps in the gameplay mechanics.
  2. May 19, 2013
    The original idea to combine footballer’s life simulation dynamics with football manager’s management mechanics is surely intriguing, but not fully developed, failing to entertain for more than a season or two. It is like trying to get Balotelli and Mourinho to coexist: lots of fun for a while, bone-crushing in the long run.
  3. May 14, 2013
    Even though Lords of Football has some interesting ideas, in a few hours the game becomes unbearably repetitive thing unable to challenge nor reward its players.