Lost Planet 3 PC

6.0

1. Aug 27, 2013
    The story is engaging and got me invested early especially the interactions between Jim and Grace. That was unique. I appreciated the gameplay and the option to go hand-to-hand or in the mech. I have played several other games from Spark in the past few years and this was by far the most thoughtful and most fun to play. Of the LP games, I started with 2 and felt the story in 3 was moreThe story is engaging and got me invested early especially the interactions between Jim and Grace. That was unique. I appreciated the gameplay and the option to go hand-to-hand or in the mech. I have played several other games from Spark in the past few years and this was by far the most thoughtful and most fun to play. Of the LP games, I started with 2 and felt the story in 3 was more interesting and fleshed out. It's good, summer fun and I'd recommend it. Expand
  2. Sep 27, 2013
    I have played all Lp games THIS ONE IS THE BEST Open world allot of combat It is somtimes realy hard and unfair too you but this is what lost planet is made of unfair and nasty situations I LOVE IT. BUY IT BUY IT
  3. Aug 31, 2013
    Although your generic third-person shooter, the story is very well written and worth the price of admission. If you're like me and like a mature story-based game versus how much carnage you can do then this game is worth your cash. It makes you want to see the ending.
  4. Sep 1, 2013
    Do not listen to negative reviews. Yes, Lost Planet 3 it's a different game than the previous two parts. Yes, it is similar to Dead Space. But what the heck, for Dead Space 3 is very much taken from the Lost Planet: cold planet, Necromorphs looking like Acrids, freezing and more. And when we showed the trailer Dead Space 3 most certainly thought about why the authors decided to copy LostDo not listen to negative reviews. Yes, Lost Planet 3 it's a different game than the previous two parts. Yes, it is similar to Dead Space. But what the heck, for Dead Space 3 is very much taken from the Lost Planet: cold planet, Necromorphs looking like Acrids, freezing and more. And when we showed the trailer Dead Space 3 most certainly thought about why the authors decided to copy Lost Planet.

Many of you have criticized Dead Space 3 for the fact that he almost lost the atmosphere of the first part. So, Lost Planet 3 this is the correct Dead Space 3, for those who want the atmosphere, interesting characters, the attention to detail. Dead Space 3 was very beautiful and epic attraction, but Lost Planet 3 that's how DS was to look for the lost cold planet.

I repeat do not listen to the negative reviews, try to play by yourself and decide whether you like the game or not. If you do not want to buy ask friends to give you a game disc. But give the game a chance. After a terrible Lost Planet 2, the third part it's a giant step forward in the development of the franchise. And I think it's very right step

I apologize for my English. I had to use Google Translate
  5. Sep 5, 2013
    I'm a long-standing fan of the series, and while I was disappointed to see that the latest entry does things differently, approaching it from the perspective of a gamer, not a fan, allowed me to see that not all was lost.
    The game was immediately marred by a loss of personality. It decided to go for a 'gritty realism' atmosphere, in opposition to the high-flying epic action of the previous games, and that combined with uninspired and repetitive level design packed with backtracking seriously damaged the experience. As a matter of fact, for a long time, I was hard-pressed to describe this as a Lost Planet game, rather than a generic sci-fi third person shooter.
    However, it's my opinion that the game's benefits outweigh its generic feel and repetitive levels. First off the game is visually gorgeous, and unlike the first two, very well optimized for PC. This comes off best in the extremely high-resolution facial animations and PC-exclusive high-resolution textures. Second, the game's writing is outstanding a merit the first two games lacked and is packed with believable and likable characters that I found I quickly started to care about. Third, three enjoyable series stables have returned the towering mechs, adaptable grappling hook, and creative multi-stage bosses and minibosses, and while all three have gone through some measure of change, most notably the mechs (or rather, singular mech) but this isn't necessarily a bad thing. The mech you pilot through the game, the Utility Rig, becomes almost a character of its own as you customize it and unlock various attachments and upgrades that will aid you in your journey.
    In conclusion, the game often wound up being drab and repetitive, but I've always said: repetition doesn't matter as long as what you're doing is fun, and doesn't outlast its welcome. The basic shooting that composes most of the game is uninspired, but the epic boss battles, well-realized story, and incredibly fun mech piloting do just enough to balance the experience out.
  6. Dec 17, 2013
    Really a solid solo game. Clever, well-acted dialogue. Graphics and audio and mostly intuitive controls make for an immersive campaign. The soundtrack reeks of Serenity, but is a solid selection and the use of environmental effects in playing it is just one of the subtle details the game offers. Yes it's a different game than 1 or 2. But I like change and all of its imperfections. And thisReally a solid solo game. Clever, well-acted dialogue. Graphics and audio and mostly intuitive controls make for an immersive campaign. The soundtrack reeks of Serenity, but is a solid selection and the use of environmental effects in playing it is just one of the subtle details the game offers. Yes it's a different game than 1 or 2. But I like change and all of its imperfections. And this one isn't so off-the-rails as, say, Dead Space 3 is to its predecessors. Pros: Mechs! Giant enemies! Glowy spots for obvious shooting targets! Cons: Lots of walking. Awkwardly placed cutscenes. Limited arsenal... Wait for it to come down in price and pick it up at the 20 30 level. Money well spent. Expand
  7. Jan 25, 2015
    Wow I am surprised that this game received bad reviews... I never played any of the other lost planets but this one was pretty dang good. In the beginning the pacing is a bit off and the loading is annoying... But other than that this game thought outside the box. Story: Awesome - Voice Acting: Great - Game Play: Worth it. I hope these bad reviews don't stop lost planet 4 cause I sureWow I am surprised that this game received bad reviews... I never played any of the other lost planets but this one was pretty dang good. In the beginning the pacing is a bit off and the loading is annoying... But other than that this game thought outside the box. Story: Awesome - Voice Acting: Great - Game Play: Worth it. I hope these bad reviews don't stop lost planet 4 cause I sure would like to play it. Keep up the good work on this game. Expand
  8. Sep 28, 2013
    Lost planet 3 are amazing game, more better than very bad lost planet 2!Graphics are nice,gameplay very interesting,but enrage recurring bosses.Sorry from my bad english,i m from Russia!
  9. Jan 16, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Sorry for my English, I'm a usual Russian guy(in a fur cap and with balalaika)). We Russians are different for her special opinion, which is different from the opinion of others. And I can safely say from us,and that was good. Bad warhead and uninteresting open world , developers compensate for the excellent atmosphere and storyline. The game is far from perfect but on a solid 7.5 I and my Russian COMRADES were satisfied. Expand
  10. Feb 11, 2014
    Great game, no jokes. Survival in cold unfriendly environment, reveal dirty secrets of big corporation, meet new monsters and hunt them down. And one of the best giant robot driving experience that I ever had in video games.
    This is my favorite Lost Planet game because it has mature and interesting story. It tells a lot about the inhabitants of E.D.N. and about thermal energy.
  11. Aug 27, 2013
    The characters and story make a great gaming experience. I loved the facial technology. The gameplay is really fun at times and all together it makes a cool game in such an interesting setting!
  12. Oct 15, 2013
    After slightly more than a couple of hours in I'd rate this game an 8 8.5 out of 10 but is too early to fix this value, everything seems to be in place and waiting to correct my rating after finishing the game I'm gonna give a 10 just to balance what, for now, it seems a pretty unreasonable score.
  13. Aug 30, 2013
    I got this on steam and even tried to cancel my pre order and I'm glad I didn't its a great game despite what reviews say I hated lost planet 2 because it had no story the story in this is great and set on the same ice planet from the first it also has great game play I can't recommend this enough
  14. Aug 30, 2013
    I will never trust review web sites especial gamespot and ign this game is very good
    good graphics and story driven music fellow the good atmosphere i enjoy it
  15. Sep 11, 2013
    Nice comeback from LP2, LP3 have a campaign up-part with LP1. Don't know why ratings are so bad. Story is good, combat gameplay is good, lot of new stuff. Graphics could be better but still very acceptable.
  16. Sep 5, 2013
    Very good story mode and graphics. Don't pay attention to the negative reviews.The gameplay is really fun at times and all together it makes a cool game in such an interesting setting!
  17. Aug 27, 2013
    Great jump forward in the Lost Planet games! This game is superior than the other two games (that I still enjoyed). The graphics are stunning and the controls feel great. I still haven't beaten it, but after 6 hours I'm still entertained.
    P.S. To fully enjoy this game, you need at least 1 friend
  18. Aug 27, 2013
    I better like this story-driven game.Thumbs up.I am impressed by the way they came up with this installment.Well optimized for PC!Graphics are way better then first two parts,unreal engine makes it very playable and quite impressive.
  19. Aug 27, 2013
    Don't pay attention to the negative reviews. Those are based on expectations. This is a more story driven mature game than the first 2. If it was released with a new franchise name without the expectations, it would have been voted much higher for the excellent character and story development, with a little less frenetic action.
  20. Aug 27, 2013
    Great story and voice acting. It takes a whole new spin on the series going back to the beginning. You have control of a Rig which is like your personal Mechwarrior, but you also leave the rig and use your weapons like pistol, shotgun, assault rifle, etc. Great game and enjoying every minute of it so far. Single player alone is worth getting the game for but there also Multiplayer whichGreat story and voice acting. It takes a whole new spin on the series going back to the beginning. You have control of a Rig which is like your personal Mechwarrior, but you also leave the rig and use your weapons like pistol, shotgun, assault rifle, etc. Great game and enjoying every minute of it so far. Single player alone is worth getting the game for but there also Multiplayer which has multiple game modes. This is a must have game for any Lost Planet fan, and in general if you like third person action games or Mechwarrior, then you would like this game, I definitely suggest it. Expand
  21. Oct 20, 2013
    What's with the bad reviews? I waited to buy this until I was able to purchase it for $20 because the reviews were so lousy, yet this is the best game in the Lost Planet series. Lost Planet 1 was mediocre, Lost Planet 2 was flat out bad, but Lost Planet 3 is like a love letter to Aliens inspired by elements of Dead Space 1 with hub environments, side quests, interactivity within the hubWhat's with the bad reviews? I waited to buy this until I was able to purchase it for $20 because the reviews were so lousy, yet this is the best game in the Lost Planet series. Lost Planet 1 was mediocre, Lost Planet 2 was flat out bad, but Lost Planet 3 is like a love letter to Aliens inspired by elements of Dead Space 1 with hub environments, side quests, interactivity within the hub environments, great atmosphere, excellent graphics, great gameplay, etc. Again, what were the reviews going on about? It's a travesty that this has such a low Metacritic score. This has far more depth, far better voice acting, far better characters, far better gameplay, etc. than prior Lost Planet titles. Expand
  22. Sep 14, 2014
    I went into this game with low expectations but I'm finding that I'm really enjoying this game quite a bit. The atmosphere is top notch in Lost Planet 3. Some fun combat and a decent story. Id recommend to anyone looking for a new game to check it out.
  23. Jan 7, 2014
    Much better then Lost Planet 2.
    Great atmosphere, great sounds and music, great history, good graphics.
    I pretty glad for this game, its not ruined like Lost Planet 2, this game is awesome.
  24. Mar 13, 2015
    Don't have high expectations. this game is not great but good. makes you feel like you're on another planet but doesn't feel like you really are the protagonist. looks like dead space a little and plays like any third person shooter. overall, this game is the best lost planet and you won't be disappointed if you play it..

1. Nov 22, 2013
    In the end, Lost Planet 3 isn't all that bad. The gameplay is solid enough as long as you're on foot, and the story is well acted even if it doesn't end up being very interesting.
  2. Sep 23, 2013
    Even if you haven't played any of the other Lost Planet games, Lost Planet 3 is a great game with a lot of action and a good story.
  3. Sep 19, 2013
    As weird and ironic it sounds, given the score, this is the finest game in the Lost Planet trilogy, and the most successful title ever made by Spark Unlimited. Because compared to the abysmal Lost Planet 2, this mediocrity is a huge step forward.