Lost: Via Domus PC

6.0

1. MattK.
    Mar 3, 2008
    What can I say? This is not something I wish to see from a game published in 2008. Let's start with the good points. The main menu is very nice - that gives the one point. Game looks pretty decent in the terms of graphics, but what doesn't nowadays? Problem with the graphics are that they don't run very well. I consider my PC somewhat high-end (Q6600, GF8800GTS, 2GB) but What can I say? This is not something I wish to see from a game published in 2008. Let's start with the good points. The main menu is very nice - that gives the one point. Game looks pretty decent in the terms of graphics, but what doesn't nowadays? Problem with the graphics are that they don't run very well. I consider my PC somewhat high-end (Q6600, GF8800GTS, 2GB) but still the mouselook drags. Sounds are average, music is good, but why the music stops playing when the game loads? And talking about loading, it does it ALL the time. Loading times take ridiculously long, and I think I was looking at the loading screen more than actual gameplay during the first 15 minutes. Let's take an example: you walk in a (tube)jungle for about 50 meters - LOAD 30s - you found a person, talk to him/her - LOAD 30s - you find yourself in the plane, take a picture with your camera - LOAD 30s - you are again talking with the same person as before - LOAD 30s - you are on a beach.... Seriously? What the heck is this? Have the developers actually ever played this game, because it is not a bit fun. Expand
  2. KristophD.
    Jan 29, 2008
    It's is a licensed game so it is bound to be rubbish it usually is always sometimes a bad idea to turn tv shows into video games.
  3. Steve
    Mar 11, 2008
    This game should get lost and stay lost... forever! Annoying gameplay glitches make the whole thing almost unplayable. With few minor tweaks this could have been... average.

One gets the feeling that the show's creators are trying to wash their hands of Via Domus, awkwardly placed as it is in the series' now-sprawling legendarium. But above and beyond that, fans should approach it as a lark; it's not very accomplished as a game.
    At least it only takes five hours to reach the conclusion.
  3. This short adventure game nails the feel of both the show and the island on which it's set, but struggles with some of the characters.