5.1

1. JesseI
    Dec 23, 2009
    Stylistically this game looked fantastic, sporting a beautiful storybook art brought to motion in what looked like a nice, intriguing game that I hoped would be as good as Braid or Machinarium. Only after I wasted $10 on the game did I realize that the game itself is frustrating and boring. The point of the game is to put puzzle pieces before Sofi's path to keep her safe from falling Stylistically this game looked fantastic, sporting a beautiful storybook art brought to motion in what looked like a nice, intriguing game that I hoped would be as good as Braid or Machinarium. Only after I wasted $10 on the game did I realize that the game itself is frustrating and boring. The point of the game is to put puzzle pieces before Sofi's path to keep her safe from falling to her death or various monsters. This quickly became difficult, which is normally not a problem for me until I realize that I have to go all the way back from the beginning of the map to start over. I believe this game was simply attempting to ride on the success of Braid as an Indie game but failed horribly. Please do not waste your money on this. Expand

1. It refreshes with its purity of purpose and ambition, even if, as a mechanising of the grieving process, it’s a game few will wish to return to once completed.
  2. With a beautiful, dream-like style Lucidity grabs you almost instantly. But while playing it slowly loses its grip. The concept knows too many flaws and irritations to keep you fascinated and the story is too minimal to provide a counterbalance.
  3. Lucidity is an interesting experiment, a beautiful indie-flavored game and a welcome addition to the Steam and Direct 2 Drive libraries. Gamers who appreciate metaphor and meaning will certainly find much to enjoy here. It’s just a shame that it isn’t more fun to play.