Lucius PC

6.1

1. Oct 29, 2012
    I enjoyed most of this game, although there was unfortunately no chance to get creative with the way you kill the characters, you just have to do what you're supposed to. This was still pretty fun though, it's just a shame that the characters didn't do what they were supposed to. Some of the pathfinding was dreadful, one character in particular spent ages turning around in circles insteadI enjoyed most of this game, although there was unfortunately no chance to get creative with the way you kill the characters, you just have to do what you're supposed to. This was still pretty fun though, it's just a shame that the characters didn't do what they were supposed to. Some of the pathfinding was dreadful, one character in particular spent ages turning around in circles instead of heading to the room they kept saying they were off to. There's also an encounter later on which is very buggy - your attacks pass straight through your enemies, they get stuck, teleport to right behind you and instantly end the game, you get stuck on furniture, sometimes everyone gets stuck and you have to quit and restart. This encounter is a lot easier when the game switches to first person view, unfortunately this seems to be a bug as there's no option for it anywhere and it happens sporadically at best. And maybe I'm being picky, but if I'm an evil kid I want to at least be able to hit someone when they're down...
    Also the spelling is pretty poor in places.
  2. Nov 23, 2012
    game pretty fun and i enjoy using a little boy and control around objects and kill people. but the quality is just normal and no offence, lucius' face can be a little bit more good looking?
  3. May 15, 2014
    I was hoping for a Hitman/Omen combination. There 'Omen' atmosphere is created perfectly, but there is very little choice (none, to be precise) making this game linear and just an interactive movie. There game is divided by chapters - in each chapter you kill somebody. You have super powers like telekinesis or mind control which will be upgraded (it's done automatically and I don't seeI was hoping for a Hitman/Omen combination. There 'Omen' atmosphere is created perfectly, but there is very little choice (none, to be precise) making this game linear and just an interactive movie. There game is divided by chapters - in each chapter you kill somebody. You have super powers like telekinesis or mind control which will be upgraded (it's done automatically and I don't see much point in doing that to be honest). Thankfully you can skip cutscenes as you WILL fail a few times, at least once.
    The mansion is huge and beautiful and you can open, pick up all sorts of objects but again, there is no point in doing it. The game provides very little or too much guidance. Sometimes you just don't know what to do next, another time you feel like playing through FC3 Blood Dragon's tutorial.
    All in all, it is a decent game that could've been a hit. If only there was more than one way to kill people and if there was real stealth (yes, unfortunately hiding from your mum in the darkest corner in a huge room, behind a sofa, with lights off, at night, doesn't protect you from being spotted... this is btw the moment when you WILL fail at least once, you'll know when it comes).
    Hugely disappointing game that somewhat redeems itself after a completed playthrough (it's a nice story and beautifully looking game).
    Voice acting and animations are terrible too. But the game still manages to make up for it in a strange manner. You even have a little tricycle, just like in The Shining. Well done.
    It is a game for adults - gore, violence, sex and nudity (and I mean it).
    Lucius's potential has not been used. It's just another title you will forget after a while. Play time - 5 hours.
  4. Apr 23, 2013
    I actually miss the mansion when I stop playing. The environment alone is really interesting to run around in and explore... but you also get to murder people?!? Excellent.
  5. Nov 4, 2012
    This game is obviously an homage to The Omen. You play as Lucius a child who discovers he's the son of the devil on his 6th birthday. From this point on you just wreak havoc on your household until there's nothing left. No seriously, whomever you think you might want to kill around you... you probably will.

Graphically it's fine but I'm not someone who needs HD to feel happy with a

Graphically it's fine but I'm not someone who needs HD to feel happy with a game. If they get the ambiance and feeling of the game right, I'm good. I feel like Lucius did a good job there. It was easy to play and I also appreciated that when I had things like a toy or a bike in a room where I committed a murder, it was also in the cutscene. I appreciated the continuity. There were some unexpected twists I enjoyed but I do feel the end was a bit rushed and it left me feeling like there was supposed to be more but it got scrapped to meet a deadline. I also took off points because of the abrupt ending that left me feeling dissatisfied with 100 questions. (what happens to Lucius? Where is the devil in all this? What the hell was the point of murdering all these people? Do I go on to do more devilish things? Can I take over the world? I'm only 6, will I go on to ruin another family?)

Bottom line, I had fun! The price was a little steep but if you can get a little discount on a Steam Deal it's worth it.
  6. Feb 1, 2013
    I found the gameplay to be frustrating, as it takes a long to solve a level. Generally, the cutscene murder rewards entertaining, however, the long effort to just figure out how to kill the victim is frustrating. It's very unique upon the style of murders.
    I also like to point out, I find the game plot very boring and repetitive, especially the unsatisfied ending, where doesn't really answer anything.
  7. Mar 17, 2013
    Story is an interesting one, since you play as someone young with evil intentions. Gameplay is similar to that of the hitman games, just that you are a little kid with supernatural powers instead of a professional hitman with guns. Graphics are solid, but a bit behind. Sound is great for this horror title which is key to this genre. Overall, a solid game but a bit average. Its like aStory is an interesting one, since you play as someone young with evil intentions. Gameplay is similar to that of the hitman games, just that you are a little kid with supernatural powers instead of a professional hitman with guns. Graphics are solid, but a bit behind. Sound is great for this horror title which is key to this genre. Overall, a solid game but a bit average. Its like a hitman clone and you just go do killing missions. Not really any tactical approach like hitman though and not much to take from it.

gameplay video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzfaTftF7v0&list=PL78EF09546478FB67&index=191
  8. Oct 28, 2012
    I liked the concept of the game. For an Indie game the graphics were alright, didn't bother me at all. I didn't like the extreme linear gameplay. Kill X with Y by doing Z. There is absolutely no freedom whatsoever. I found it boring doing exactly what the game tells me to do. It would have been nice to have some freedom and creativity on how to murder the people. Also, the ending is one ofI liked the concept of the game. For an Indie game the graphics were alright, didn't bother me at all. I didn't like the extreme linear gameplay. Kill X with Y by doing Z. There is absolutely no freedom whatsoever. I found it boring doing exactly what the game tells me to do. It would have been nice to have some freedom and creativity on how to murder the people. Also, the ending is one of the worst and most disappointing ones I have ever seen. The playtime for me was around 4.5 hrs, which I would consider pretty low for a pretty hefty Indieprice. Collapse
  9. Nov 3, 2012
    Since my initial review, the developer has released a patch and is interactive with the community to trouble shoot and improve the game overall on Steam. This effort merits a higher score, therefore, it's a B-Movie with a grade of B-. It's has the whole creepy evil kid thing down very well. The graphics and video shorts I think are well done, the sounds adequate and the house has a creepySince my initial review, the developer has released a patch and is interactive with the community to trouble shoot and improve the game overall on Steam. This effort merits a higher score, therefore, it's a B-Movie with a grade of B-. It's has the whole creepy evil kid thing down very well. The graphics and video shorts I think are well done, the sounds adequate and the house has a creepy vibe to it. Although the lip sync issue is pretty bad in the English version. It reminds me of an interactive movie, the puzzles aren't too terribly difficult to figure out and its fun poking around the house and collecting items, but extremely linear -- its not like Lucius is going to do something that is not in the script or get into much trouble running around wielding a wrench in his hands without question by the adults. For that matter, the chores are pretty much more of a 'quest' than actual consequences if you continue to ignore the adults around you. It would be nice if some dark humor was intermixed with the items you can interact with, to make it more like a Monkey Island type of experience. The house members and staff are pretty much a three line conversation deal. What carries you along is the plot of what Lucius might end up doing next and how he is going to take out the next person in game. I will say the Steam achievements seem to be the only thing to pop-up unexpected. Reminds me alot of the Call of Cthulu: Dark Corners of the Earth -- if you are a fan of Lovecraft, it works well enough. With that said, if you like the old Omen movies or B movie horror films, you will enjoy Lucius more than most and is worth the money. Expand
  10. Nov 5, 2013
    This game has too many bad reviews. Even if it has it's own cons, it also has pros too.
    Pros:
    Stunning Graphics Special Gameplay (you play as the bad one) Awesome Soundtrack Cons: Some chunky animations It doesn't really have a story all you do is just kill Nudity (this isn't really a con, but I'll leave this as one) Horrible AI You just hide behind a bush and no one sees you
    Pros:
    Stunning Graphics
    Special Gameplay (you play as the bad one)
    Awesome Soundtrack

Cons:
    Some chunky animations
    It doesn't really have a story all you do is just kill
    Nudity (this isn't really a con, but I'll leave this as one)
    Horrible AI You just hide behind a bush and no one sees you and in Chapter 07 a character is in two places

Score:
    Graphics 8/10
    Gameplay 7/10
    Sound 8/10
    Replay 3/10
    Story 6/10

Summary:
    I pretty much enjoyed this game, but get it only in a sale because it is too expensive for it's quality.
  11. Feb 10, 2013
    Lucius is a funny little game with a great concept. Both the visuals and voice acting are surprisingly good for this kind of game. The story and characters are alright and it is beyond charming riding around a tricycle in your fathers mansion plotting a sinister murder. The execution isn't perfect though. The point and click adventure style part of the game works for the most time alrightLucius is a funny little game with a great concept. Both the visuals and voice acting are surprisingly good for this kind of game. The story and characters are alright and it is beyond charming riding around a tricycle in your fathers mansion plotting a sinister murder. The execution isn't perfect though. The point and click adventure style part of the game works for the most time alright however there are some far fetched puzzles and some annoying item searching in there. There are also some stealth missions in the game which would work surprisingly fine if the game didnt restart the entire map every time you got caught. This dumb save-system drags down every single part of the game but it is especially noticeable in the stealth missions. There are also some action-based missions in the game which are quite awful. I would still recommend the game to anyone interested despite its flaws simply because its concept is so unique and entertaining. So if you find this game available for a cheap price, go for it! It will be an interesting experience no matter what. Expand
  12. Nov 27, 2015
    Lucius is certainly an interesting game. You go around as a child and murder people in your house.It's a third-person point-and-click where you try to find the items you need to complete the murder and then use them on the correct items in the world or use them at the right time. You also get some demonic powers to play with which adds some depth. However, the game really doesn't tryLucius is certainly an interesting game. You go around as a child and murder people in your house.It's a third-person point-and-click where you try to find the items you need to complete the murder and then use them on the correct items in the world or use them at the right time. You also get some demonic powers to play with which adds some depth. However, the game really doesn't try anything groundbreaking and it doesn't do anything really well either. It's a run of the mill game, and yet I found myself enjoying some parts of it. Expand
  13. Mar 12, 2015
    Ok, before i say anything. I do believe that god and all that exists and same goes for the underworld/hell and whatnot. But i'm not a religious person. That's not a chocker considering i like to blow up thing in a similar fashion to a terrorist but alass, let's get this game pinned down to what it actually is: A satanic game.

Whoopty-frickin'-doo. I mean, it's never easy to talk about

Whoopty-frickin'-doo.
    I mean, it's never easy to talk about a game in which you collect souls from innocent beings (well, mostly) and lend them right over to the devil in exchange for more power and abilities.
    Gee, i wonder why so few games are made in the spirit of straight-up satanic murder. Hurr durr.

Anyways; in this game you do.... what i just said, really.
    You toy around with your surroundings, destroying machinery, rig special environments to work in your favor, etc. The game relies on puzzles which i don't really like. Cuz' i suck at dem puzzles u no wat am sayan'?

That's basically it! i mean, i could go into detail about the puzzles and so on, and i'm gonna' do it to brighten up your mind. You have abilites such as mind control, telekinesis, and visa versa. You use mind control on weak-minded people.

An example would be the one case right right here: *spoilers. You trick a woman into thinking that her love interest loves someone else... the hardcore way of course. After that she goes to the balcony weeping and her mind has weakened from this... "occation", which makes it easier to mind-control her. And then you know;

Balcony + mind-control = Swan dive

However, puzzles tend to be very hard and not giving any direction as of what you're supposed to do.
    I.... f*cking.... hate..... PUZZLES!!1!!!

*sigh.

Alright, alright. Let's round this up.

Pros:

1) The game manages to be a rather calming experience, which is nice.
    2) The soundtrack doesen't loop, instead it switches to another tune once the previous one has ended. It's also very nice.
    3) Mechanics and physics are a nice touch.

Cons:

1) Graphics are laughable.
    2) Puzzles are very hard and not very "rewarding"
    3) The game is very repetetive and boring sometimes.
    4) Jacksh*t sequel (this doesen't really matter)

Please don't beat me to death.
    This game gets the score: "It was only ok, dude"
  14. Mar 6, 2015
    Game is.. okay? Possibly even meh.
    Very short, like the mood and music and graphics are also okay if we won't count cutscenes, gore however is better looking than animations for characters anyway.
    Game is.. okay? Possibly even meh.
    This game is linear, a poorly made Hitman clone without any freedom to choose your way to kill people. However the killing part is exactly what bothers me in this game, no clues on how to progress your objective, sometimes way of killing your family members can be ridiculous. Either it gets very hard or it's easy as pie.
    This game might be good for speed runners i guess.
  15. Nov 14, 2015
    Graphic not very good for 2012, expression without comments are rubbish, burais deaths until well prepared, I did not like the way it happens deaths mansion is huge and virtually many items to only interact it takes to find the right items for kill the person, the mansion has beautiful details speechless, lucius is a game that it comes to a child after making six years discovers that hisGraphic not very good for 2012, expression without comments are rubbish, burais deaths until well prepared, I did not like the way it happens deaths mansion is huge and virtually many items to only interact it takes to find the right items for kill the person, the mansion has beautiful details speechless, lucius is a game that it comes to a child after making six years discovers that his real father is Lucifer the game this is a very heavy theme but is innovative because not a game if atraveu to bring this issue.
    Final note: 6.4
  16. Oct 28, 2012

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Feb 6, 2013
    Lucius’s main premise is amazing. But the execution could have been way more solid. It limits the player, it’s ruthlessly and unjustly difficult in some cases, the characters pale and the graphics fail to impress. Lucius will be remembered as a great idea that “could have been”. [December 2012]
  2. Jan 2, 2013
    So many things don't fit, so many things work against each other, and everything just reeks of half finished game ideas.
  3. Dec 13, 2012
    There's a lot of content on offer for the reduced price, and Lucius will certainly appeal to puzzle enthusiasts who want a darker edge to their adventuring, or murder enthusiasts who'd like to give their brain a work out rather than their stabbing arm.