6.0

1. Aug 5, 2014
    Quite an entertaining game. Would certainly recommend if found in a bundle or on sale. Puzzles and gameplay are fairly simplistic, but the entertainment for me came from the darkness of it. You are running around as an evil child...

For achievement hunters: Easy 100%. A small guide or couple of play throughs with plenty of exploration is what is required. A full play through
    doesn't take many hours. Expand
  2. Jun 12, 2014
    Lucius is an example of how difficult it is to make a game even when you have a brilliant idea. The puzzles are contrived and the game plays on rails. Three levels and fifteen minutes was enough for me.
  3. May 15, 2014
    I was hoping for a Hitman/Omen combination. There 'Omen' atmosphere is created perfectly, but there is very little choice (none, to be precise) making this game linear and just an interactive movie. There game is divided by chapters - in each chapter you kill somebody. You have super powers like telekinesis or mind control which will be upgraded (it's done automatically and I don't see much point in doing that to be honest). Thankfully you can skip cutscenes as you WILL fail a few times, at least once.
    The mansion is huge and beautiful and you can open, pick up all sorts of objects but again, there is no point in doing it. The game provides very little or too much guidance. Sometimes you just don't know what to do next, another time you feel like playing through FC3 Blood Dragon's tutorial.
    All in all, it is a decent game that could've been a hit. If only there was more than one way to kill people and if there was real stealth (yes, unfortunately hiding from your mum in the darkest corner in a huge room, behind a sofa, with lights off, at night, doesn't protect you from being spotted... this is btw the moment when you WILL fail at least once, you'll know when it comes).
    Hugely disappointing game that somewhat redeems itself after a completed playthrough (it's a nice story and beautifully looking game).
    Voice acting and animations are terrible too. But the game still manages to make up for it in a strange manner. You even have a little tricycle, just like in The Shining. Well done.
    It is a game for adults - gore, violence, sex and nudity (and I mean it).
    Lucius's potential has not been used. It's just another title you will forget after a while. Play time - 5 hours.
  4. Apr 23, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Lucius is amazing. It is about a devil child who has to do missions for his father (the devil). I love how you can just roam around the house, doing different tasks.

Here's a quick example - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K9hK3BcbAI&feature=youtu.be
  5. Feb 28, 2014
    A great idea but poor execution with a very limiting storyline. Quirky game play and skills but ultimately somewhat dry and hard to chew as the game progresses. It is also very short for something that could have been expanded much further with more depth maybe into the target characters/side characters to make it a more engaging story.
  6. Dec 14, 2013
    An adventure game, without a quicksave option, is NOTHING. Game is also nice, although it has several technical challenges, but definitely passable. but without a quicksave is really ridiculous. I can not in the least understand how a developer does not reach this minimum basic concept
  7. Nov 5, 2013
    This game has too many bad reviews. Even if it has it's own cons, it also has pros too. Pros: Stunning Graphics Special Gameplay (you play as the bad one) Awesome Soundtrack Cons: Some chunky animations It doesn't really have a story all you do is just kill Nudity (this isn't really a con, but I'll leave this as one) Horrible AI You just hide behind a bush and no one sees you and in Chapter 07 a character is in two places

Score:
    Graphics 8/10
    Gameplay 7/10
    Sound 8/10
    Replay 3/10
    Story 6/10

Summary:
    I pretty much enjoyed this game, but get it only in a sale because it is too expensive for it's quality.
  8. Jun 6, 2013
    The worst game in history... This game makes even games from back in the early 1920's or so look far more better. This game has satan written all over it. You don't explore much except areas and objects that will be used in crime scenes/murder cases. The mission's are the same, you wake everyday to kill another person that lives in the house.. The tutorials are very helpful and physics seem good. The TPS is one of the setups i like but thats it. I found this game very offensive to the amish since people in it wear the same clothing as the amish so i give it 0/10 Expand
  9. Apr 23, 2013
    I actually miss the mansion when I stop playing. The environment alone is really interesting to run around in and explore... but you also get to murder people?!? Excellent.
  10. Apr 6, 2013
    Lucius is a slightly interesting, yet generally bad game. The story centers around Lucius, the devil's alleged son who has been asked to murder people in demonic ways. It's not combat-oriented, you just cause accidents to hurt/kill people.

It's new, but also quite bad. The story is lame, and the dialogue is drawn out and boring. Gameplay itself is excruciatingly awful. Killing random
    people by locking them in a freezer is not only unnecessarily gruesome, it's also not fun at all.

Don't get me started on the animations and graphics. Not that it's like a bad port, but they just did a terrible job modeling the people; mouths and voices are also not in sync.

Overall, a waste of my money. Giving it three points because it was an original idea.
  11. Mar 18, 2013
    this game is stupid it doesnt work right it doesnt tell u nothing u just have to find it out ur self but that IS NOT the problem the problem is the game is full of bugs or it wants u to do stuff on a specific location !
    i was doing even the side missions and the longest sidemission was bugged and that means i need to close the game and do it again from the begining the game is boring
    there is nothing special u can beat it ones for 3-4hours and then never play it again if it was cheap 10-5 euro then it could be some good Expand
  12. Mar 17, 2013
    Story is an interesting one, since you play as someone young with evil intentions. Gameplay is similar to that of the hitman games, just that you are a little kid with supernatural powers instead of a professional hitman with guns. Graphics are solid, but a bit behind. Sound is great for this horror title which is key to this genre. Overall, a solid game but a bit average. Its like a hitman clone and you just go do killing missions. Not really any tactical approach like hitman though and not much to take from it.

gameplay video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzfaTftF7v0&list=PL78EF09546478FB67&index=191
  13. Feb 10, 2013
    Lucius is a funny little game with a great concept. Both the visuals and voice acting are surprisingly good for this kind of game. The story and characters are alright and it is beyond charming riding around a tricycle in your fathers mansion plotting a sinister murder. The execution isn't perfect though. The point and click adventure style part of the game works for the most time alright however there are some far fetched puzzles and some annoying item searching in there. There are also some stealth missions in the game which would work surprisingly fine if the game didnt restart the entire map every time you got caught. This dumb save-system drags down every single part of the game but it is especially noticeable in the stealth missions. There are also some action-based missions in the game which are quite awful. I would still recommend the game to anyone interested despite its flaws simply because its concept is so unique and entertaining. So if you find this game available for a cheap price, go for it! It will be an interesting experience no matter what. Expand
  14. Feb 1, 2013
    I found the gameplay to be frustrating, as it takes a long to solve a level. Generally, the cutscene murder rewards entertaining, however, the long effort to just figure out how to kill the victim is frustrating. It's very unique upon the style of murders.
    I also like to point out, I find the game plot very boring and repetitive, especially the unsatisfied ending, where doesn't really
    answer anything. Expand
  15. Jan 1, 2013
    Lucius is a debut indie game from Shiver Games that is about climbing the ranks to becoming the Antichrist's son. The game itself if generally enjoyable, especially if you are a fan of horror games. It's like a cross between Hitman and your standard point and click mystery . The graphics are very good for an indie title and the atmosphere is very detailed, offering a huge mansion in which the game takes place. Lucius, the main character, goes about trying to murder all of the inhabitants through the mansion as a sacrifice to his father Lucifer. The murder tactics are pretty clever and seem like what you would expect for a boy who's been possessed and given powers. The game itself took me roughly 9 hours to complete, with moderate exploration and a few side quests to earn special prizes to help solve some of the mysteries in the game (which come in handy numerous times). The game has a couple flaws however. The game is very linear in your ways to murder people, unlike the Hitman franchise, however, the murders themselves are executed quite well. Some of the games puzzles are harder than what you might expect, I cruised through the first 4 chapters, but by the 5th or 6th I needed to use a guide after wandering around for 15 minutes wondering what to do next. But all and all, I do recommend Lucius as it's a great game to kill some time, and it really immerses you into it's world. I hope Shiver Games continues to make games such as this, while gradually preventing mistakes in gameplay.

Graphics 9/10
    Gameplay 7/10
    Sound 8/10
    Replay 5/10
    Story 7/10
    -----
    7.2 (But bumped to 8 because I liked the originality of the game)
  16. Nov 23, 2012
    game pretty fun and i enjoy using a little boy and control around objects and kill people. but the quality is just normal and no offence, lucius' face can be a little bit more good looking?
  17. Nov 22, 2012
    Interesting concept, always wanted to play a serial killer personally and this is pretty close.

But they could not of gone about making a more bland game. You do not get to figure out how to do anything, it is just a very bland specific and boring series of linear short puzzles that have a gore shot at the end. I cannot believe how well it is doing with the reviews, it is not even close
    to good enough to get a 3, let alone a 6.2.

Add this this horrible gameplay really strange graphics. Half the game was extremal dark. Middle of the game, 8 windows and a series of light. You cannot see 3 feet in fount of you, everything is black and shadowy. I looked it up, apparently this is how it is supposed to be. Then, about halfway through, it changed for me. Everything was washed-out and very bright, like they just took the blackened graphics and lightened them. At least you could see the doors and other objects then.
  18. Nov 5, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game is boring, you don't really do much but explore a house and murder people, which gets mundane since you don't really control how you do it. Way too linear and a lack of freedom and action. Also fun fact if you walk in on your mom having sex, it's an instant game over... doesn't really have anything to do with how I'm scoring the game, but I figured I'd bring it up. Expand
  19. Nov 4, 2012
    This game is obviously an homage to The Omen. You play as Lucius a child who discovers he's the son of the devil on his 6th birthday. From this point on you just wreak havoc on your household until there's nothing left. No seriously, whomever you think you might want to kill around you... you probably will.

Graphically it's fine but I'm not someone who needs HD to feel happy with a
    game. If they get the ambiance and feeling of the game right, I'm good. I feel like Lucius did a good job there. It was easy to play and I also appreciated that when I had things like a toy or a bike in a room where I committed a murder, it was also in the cutscene. I appreciated the continuity. There were some unexpected twists I enjoyed but I do feel the end was a bit rushed and it left me feeling like there was supposed to be more but it got scrapped to meet a deadline. I also took off points because of the abrupt ending that left me feeling dissatisfied with 100 questions. (what happens to Lucius? Where is the devil in all this? What the hell was the point of murdering all these people? Do I go on to do more devilish things? Can I take over the world? I'm only 6, will I go on to ruin another family?)

Bottom line, I had fun! The price was a little steep but if you can get a little discount on a Steam Deal it's worth it.
  20. Nov 3, 2012
    Since my initial review, the developer has released a patch and is interactive with the community to trouble shoot and improve the game overall on Steam. This effort merits a higher score, therefore, it's a B-Movie with a grade of B-. It's has the whole creepy evil kid thing down very well. The graphics and video shorts I think are well done, the sounds adequate and the house has a creepy vibe to it. Although the lip sync issue is pretty bad in the English version. It reminds me of an interactive movie, the puzzles aren't too terribly difficult to figure out and its fun poking around the house and collecting items, but extremely linear -- its not like Lucius is going to do something that is not in the script or get into much trouble running around wielding a wrench in his hands without question by the adults. For that matter, the chores are pretty much more of a 'quest' than actual consequences if you continue to ignore the adults around you. It would be nice if some dark humor was intermixed with the items you can interact with, to make it more like a Monkey Island type of experience. The house members and staff are pretty much a three line conversation deal. What carries you along is the plot of what Lucius might end up doing next and how he is going to take out the next person in game. I will say the Steam achievements seem to be the only thing to pop-up unexpected. Reminds me alot of the Call of Cthulu: Dark Corners of the Earth -- if you are a fan of Lovecraft, it works well enough. With that said, if you like the old Omen movies or B movie horror films, you will enjoy Lucius more than most and is worth the money. Expand
  21. Oct 29, 2012
    I enjoyed most of this game, although there was unfortunately no chance to get creative with the way you kill the characters, you just have to do what you're supposed to. This was still pretty fun though, it's just a shame that the characters didn't do what they were supposed to. Some of the pathfinding was dreadful, one character in particular spent ages turning around in circles instead of heading to the room they kept saying they were off to. There's also an encounter later on which is very buggy - your attacks pass straight through your enemies, they get stuck, teleport to right behind you and instantly end the game, you get stuck on furniture, sometimes everyone gets stuck and you have to quit and restart. This encounter is a lot easier when the game switches to first person view, unfortunately this seems to be a bug as there's no option for it anywhere and it happens sporadically at best. And maybe I'm being picky, but if I'm an evil kid I want to at least be able to hit someone when they're down...
    Also the spelling is pretty poor in places.
  22. Oct 29, 2012
    Lucius reminds me and I'm sure of a lot of people of The Omen. The gameplay is simple yet the manor is a big place to explore and the chores for side missions were fun to do for gifts and rewards that help you around. The voice acting is pretty bad and the graphics are fair but despite this, it's the idea of controlling a six year old to kill that gives me, and people that actually understand this game, a very deep guilty pleasure. Expand
  23. Oct 29, 2012
    Horribly buggy game with broken balance, completely linear storyline and utter lack of common sense. Some quests make no sense at all, and even supposed "helper" at Lucius' desk doesn't do much good either. Not to mention technical glitches and broken lighting on AMD graphics

Final fight is atrocious to say the least.

My score is 1/10 for trying
  24. Oct 29, 2012
    Cool concept, bad execution. It's like a really bad point 'n click game in 3rd person. You try and guess what the hints are trying to tell you, you wander around until you find the object they want you to find, then you use the object in the way they tell you to. Not worth spending money on since most of the gameplay is just you walking around until you find something to interact with.
  25. Oct 28, 2012
    I liked the concept of the game. For an Indie game the graphics were alright, didn't bother me at all. I didn't like the extreme linear gameplay. Kill X with Y by doing Z. There is absolutely no freedom whatsoever. I found it boring doing exactly what the game tells me to do. It would have been nice to have some freedom and creativity on how to murder the people. Also, the ending is one of the worst and most disappointing ones I have ever seen. The playtime for me was around 4.5 hrs, which I would consider pretty low for a pretty hefty Indieprice. Expand
  26. Oct 29, 2012

Lucius’s main premise is amazing. But the execution could have been way more solid. It limits the player, it’s ruthlessly and unjustly difficult in some cases, the characters pale and the graphics fail to impress. Lucius will be remembered as a great idea that “could have been”. [December 2012]
  2. Jan 2, 2013
    So many things don't fit, so many things work against each other, and everything just reeks of half finished game ideas.
  3. Dec 13, 2012
    There's a lot of content on offer for the reduced price, and Lucius will certainly appeal to puzzle enthusiasts who want a darker edge to their adventuring, or murder enthusiasts who'd like to give their brain a work out rather than their stabbing arm.