4.4

1. Nov 23, 2011
    While a visually pretty game, it is abnormally short for anyone who has done puzzle games of this sort before. Most puzzles have been seen and done before in any puzzle game, and will only take moments to solve for a veteran of these games. The only puzzle that is hard is only difficult because there are so few clues pointing at what you need to solve it. Then when you look it up...youWhile a visually pretty game, it is abnormally short for anyone who has done puzzle games of this sort before. Most puzzles have been seen and done before in any puzzle game, and will only take moments to solve for a veteran of these games. The only puzzle that is hard is only difficult because there are so few clues pointing at what you need to solve it. Then when you look it up...you realize that you've beaten the game - because there's only about 5 puzzles to solve. Not worth your money, even if it's on sale for a dollar. Expand
  2. Sep 17, 2012
    Well you play a child who helps her granddad lighting up his house...sounds crazy! But it is so overwhelming! The graphics are filmed upon real made models out of paper, the sounds are awesome and the story lovely. And hey...the game is short, but on the developers homepage you see lots of content for the successor. I'm looking forward to it!
  3. Jan 11, 2013
    This is an enjoyable indie game experience. Nice puzzles and cute graphics. Atmosphere is charming and cool. Very short but i doesn't mind. Im buying part 2 fo sure. I am rating 10/10 as a protest to the overall low user score, this game is much better!
  4. Apr 13, 2013
    The game has 6 different puzzles and 3 different rooms (I am not talking about levels), and maybe around 20 different spots you can click. You can speedrun the game in 3 minutes if you know solution to puzzles.

Anyway why did I gave this game 3 10? Because the game is extremely short, and only reason why it lasts longer is because few of the puzzles are too hard. Controls and movement is also clunky and slow.

I could say "nice little game", if the length was 10x what it is now
  5. Feb 12, 2012
    By far one of the worst game I've ever played in general and this is by considering that puzzle and indie games are my favourite genres.
    The unoriginal puzzles, 6 in total, are either completely dumb or totally counter-intuitive, with hints that lead you on the wrong track. If you have played a random escape-the-room flash game on the net you'll definitely get more brain-challenging content and more of it.
    The only somewhat redeeming feature are the visuals, but there are exactly four screens so you probably have already seen all of them by browsing in your favourite web-store page. The length is also pityful, certainly not longer than an hour even if you'd brute force all solutions.
    Probably those guys were too busy to take the shooting of their making of to bother making a proper game. This is a complete ripoff, that becomes of huge proportions given the pricetag; please don't consider giving this a try even if it'll ever be available for free. Or do try it to check yourself then and you'll thank me for the money you saved.
  6. Nov 20, 2013
    Lume is a really atrocious experience, don’t get me wrong the art style of the game is fantastic but this game proves why Steam sales are so dangerous. Had this not of been in some special sale bundle it would have never made my library because it doesn't belong on steam… The puzzles are hard, the animation movements are sloppy, but let’s be honest it’s a cheap Flash game which should beLume is a really atrocious experience, don’t get me wrong the art style of the game is fantastic but this game proves why Steam sales are so dangerous. Had this not of been in some special sale bundle it would have never made my library because it doesn't belong on steam… The puzzles are hard, the animation movements are sloppy, but let’s be honest it’s a cheap Flash game which should be free to play in a browser... If you love unbelievably confusing puzzle games (with virtually no clues), this could be for you but it sure isn't worth the £4.99 price tag, that’s absurd! Expand
  7. May 13, 2011
    The visual design of Lume is endearing, hand made paper sets and miniature lights (along with the bobbling vertical pony-tailed protagonist) charmed me from the first click. Unfortunately the charming aesthetics of the game are hampered by Flash, the chosen method of production. The soundtrack is soothing, however it can become slightly repetitive by the end of the game. But these are bothThe visual design of Lume is endearing, hand made paper sets and miniature lights (along with the bobbling vertical pony-tailed protagonist) charmed me from the first click. Unfortunately the charming aesthetics of the game are hampered by Flash, the chosen method of production. The soundtrack is soothing, however it can become slightly repetitive by the end of the game. But these are both minor criticisms, and in my opinion Lume looks great.

Lume is filled with puzzles and its difficulty ranks higher than the average modern day adventure game. This has sparked some reviewers to criticize the game as abstract or unintuitive. Personally, I felt that the puzzles were quite logical. They encourage the gamer to be attentive to minor clues and to use their own thinking power to find the ultimate solution. This might be off-putting to someone whose only experience with adventure games are the fantastic but easily solved creations from TellTale games, but to someone who likes puzzles and likes games, Lume is a welcome change of pace.

My main criticism of Lume is that it is very short. Although it has a fairly low price tag and it is only the first episode in a potential series of games, I couldn't help feeling disappointed when it was over in just a little more than an hour.

Bottom line: Great look. Good game for puzzle-lovers. Very short but also fairly inexpensive.
  8. May 14, 2011
    Fail game, i buy it thinking it was going to be something "new", but only has puzzles, puzzles and more puzzles. Recommended for people with patience and too much time to spend. I think Machinarium is muuuuuch better !
  9. Jan 5, 2012
    A rip-off. No way this is worth £4.99. I finished it in 45 minutes. If the devs decide to release the second part as a free update then they may redeem themselves, but as it stands this needs to come down in price pronto.
  10. Feb 13, 2012
    This game is a total failure, I've played better flash games for free. 6.99 EUE for a demo (It's not even a full game) is a lot, especially when for a lower price you can find a much better game. I've finished this game (demo?) in one hour, you can easily go through the game in 5 minutes.It has innovative graphics but it's just a simple, flash puzzle.
  11. Jun 17, 2012
    Sorry, I can't recommend this to anyone.

Sorry, I can't recommend this to anyone.

It has a cute design and aesthetic, and what looks like it could be a cute story. But you'll never know because its short. Insultingly short. You think you're done with the first room, but the it turns out to be the end of the game. Furthermore its missing some congruent game design, presenting one style of resolution and attention needed to the level, and then randomly changing to a different design. Requiring some pixel hunting, continuous re-clicking to find the clues. Inexcusable. A common issue with a new developer, or when they haven't tested the game outside of their group.

There is maybe 15 minutes of content there, maybe 7 puzzles in the game. Not worth the $7 on steam. If you got it for free, it might be worth a play but maybe not even that, considering the frustration that comes with the unannounced pixel hunting.
  12. Mar 12, 2012
    Lume is a puzzle game with a very cool art style. The game's structure is simple: solve puzzles to find the components you need to power the house. The game's art is beautiful, and the sets were clearly filmed with an actual camera. The music also fits well with the game.

The compliments end there, however. The puzzles are arcane, with no help. I solved the easier puzzles, but others give you frustratingly little info. One required interaction with an object I thought I'd interacted with already. Another assumes that turning around changes which direction "northwest" is, which is simply wrong. I got frustrated with those puzzles before finishing them.

Lume is incredibly short. There are about 6 puzzles, then the game ends. If you look up the answers, or even hints, expect to finish the game in under an hour.

If you like the art style, then maybe you can find more value in Lume than I did. If not, even if you like puzzle games, you should skip this one.
  13. May 16, 2012
    Completed after a meager couple hours of gameplay, Lume plays as a point-and-click puzzle/adventure game, suitable for children. The puzzles are along the lines of basic tile-sliding problems etc. with spots of story-driven objects to click on to read about. While weak in the gameplay area, Lume is appealing with its charming and unique artistic graphics - the 3D-styled area transitionsCompleted after a meager couple hours of gameplay, Lume plays as a point-and-click puzzle/adventure game, suitable for children. The puzzles are along the lines of basic tile-sliding problems etc. with spots of story-driven objects to click on to read about. While weak in the gameplay area, Lume is appealing with its charming and unique artistic graphics - the 3D-styled area transitions are a wonder to behold! Lume is interesting to try when included in a bundle, but the incredibly short gameplay length makes for a mostly forgettable experience. Expand
  14. Jul 20, 2013
    Lume is a cute little puzzle game with sets built entirely out of cardboard and paper. The sets and music are probably the best part of the game though. The few puzzles range from easy enough for a 3 year old to seemingly impossible to figure out the correct way. Thankfully all of the puzzles can be figured out by trial and error if need be. There were also a few cases where i knew whatLume is a cute little puzzle game with sets built entirely out of cardboard and paper. The sets and music are probably the best part of the game though. The few puzzles range from easy enough for a 3 year old to seemingly impossible to figure out the correct way. Thankfully all of the puzzles can be figured out by trial and error if need be. There were also a few cases where i knew what needed to be done, but wasn't clicking the exact right spot. The game only lasts an hour so it's definitley something you don't want to buy until it's on sale. That being said, the dollar or 2 that i paid was worth seeing a world made out of paper, even if that world only had a few scenes. Expand
  15. Jan 12, 2014
    A beautiful art design to what is other wise a borg standard point and click that is extremely short. Supposedly the devs where working on adding more to the game, but seeing as the last update on the devs page is from 14 months ago, and instead of having the update be about Lume the title they put on the update was Lume 2 which makes it sound like updating the game has been long sinceA beautiful art design to what is other wise a borg standard point and click that is extremely short. Supposedly the devs where working on adding more to the game, but seeing as the last update on the devs page is from 14 months ago, and instead of having the update be about Lume the title they put on the update was Lume 2 which makes it sound like updating the game has been long since abandoned.

All in all its worth playing through if you pick it up either on a massive sale or in a Humblebundle, but at a $7 price tag for a very saturated genre with less then an hour of gameplay (can take as short as 10ish minutes if you know all the puzzles, but for your average point and clicker first play through might take between 35-60 minutes depending on how long you get stuck on a puzzle. At the time of this post the game is currently 70% off on Steam for $2.10, which yeah you could pick it up at that price and feel like it was worth it, but at $7 it leaves you feeling a little bit lacking with so many other good point and clicks that have more plot to them and more then just 2 scenes the entire game that take a lot longer to get through.

All in all its a great pick up for a good sale, but I would avoid it at full price even if full price is merely the cost of a single fast food lunch, just on the bases that you can get a much deeper, much longer experience in many other games in the genre for a similar price point, for example the entire Broken Sword trilogy will only cost you $3 more at a total of $10, and just the first 2 of the 3 games you get there will take you between 13-16 hours just doing the main story and not any of the extras... yes time played per dollar != a value comparison because 20 hours of boring game play for $20 is of lower value then 5 hours of extremely enjoyable game play for $20, but still if you enjoy what few puzzles there are in Lume you will enjoy puzzles in most other point and click games, so will probably find the Broken Sword trilogy more bang for your buck even if they don't look as pretty.

Again its not a bad game, its just extremely short leaving you feeling like you paid $7 for a demo and never really got a game for your money. Which is exactly how I would describe Lume, a $7 demo for a game that could have been turned into something wonderful if more areas and puzzles where added into a full game.

1. May 19, 2012
    Lume is filled with happy colors, cute characters and a few awfully difficult puzzles which will make you want to pull the hair off your head.
  2. Oct 31, 2011
    Lume isn't going to be a game for everyone and will seem downright slow in the eyes of the YouTube generation. Those who can remember how adventure games are supposed to be played will find it to be a rare treat, however.
    Small adventure fascinates with artistic visuals and a nice set of not-so-easy puzzles. Its (very) short life span is balanced with its budget price. [July 2011]