• Publisher: Nexon
  • Release Date: Mar 1, 2008
7.4

1. Apr 21, 2011
    Now, it's been a while since I've played so I can't give a fair score; hence the middle score. However, free to play games generally don't change much over the years.
    The game had its charms. I loved how you could create music and play it in front of crowds. The player character system was definitely interesting; over the time you play your character gradually gets older (you can get a rebirth so you have the same skills but are younger, but that costs irl cash). Your skills are different too, you use them often in order to level them up instead of buying skills or something similar. I loved the graphics, I'm not one for "realistic" graphics because realism is something impossible to attain for gameplay graphics. So, I generally like more cartoonish graphics better because they can turn out exactly how the designers intended them to.
    Now for the bad side: the combat system was terrible. When every action, even defending yourself or attacking, has a cast time bar, you know something is wrong. I'm not saying it's unmanageable or impossible to get used to, but it's generally a bad idea. I'd rather have turn-based or active battles. Hell, even the ATB system from Final Fantasy is better.
    Keep in mind, I haven't played in a year or two, so I don't know if they've fixed the combat system or not. But hey, there's my thoughts on the game.
  2. Mar 6, 2013
    This game is one that is you do not like anime your not going to like the look of the game. Some do not know how to even play the game. That's ok since other players always help them. The players on this game are a lot nicer than most of the Free MMOs that you will find online. Yes yo can spend money on in-game Items but that's what makes it free. Without some way to make money you wouldThis game is one that is you do not like anime your not going to like the look of the game. Some do not know how to even play the game. That's ok since other players always help them. The players on this game are a lot nicer than most of the Free MMOs that you will find online. Yes yo can spend money on in-game Items but that's what makes it free. Without some way to make money you would all have to pay to play the game. Also if you still do not want to play you could use the free offer system to earn free NX points and get what you want. Expand
  3. Jun 16, 2013
    A slowly dieing, sandbox free-to-play MMO. It had potential at its release but evolved into a moneysqueezing online Birdcage. Unless you spend 15 dollars a month, you wont have even half the benefits. It is crowded with the same people that have been playing this game since the start. Everyone, who still had a clear mind, stopped playing it a long time ago.
    Nexon keeps recycling the same
    Nexon keeps recycling the same events and squeezing out the last dime of the players. Do not touch it as a new player.
  4. Oct 11, 2013
    (2013)
    Mabinogi is a game that i always find myself going back to. It is a game with a small community that is active and helpful, there are many updates and events. I have seen how the game has changed, it is now unnecessary to pay to play the game anymore, you get free pets and you do not have to sell nx items to earn money. Events can bring you rare items.
    Mabninogi is not a game
    (2013)
    Mabninogi is not a game where you grind and play 24/7, its a casual game that allows you to relax yet there are tense moments when fighting bosses. It encourages you to find friends to help you and do dungeons.The game is not based on combat, it is a mix of life, music, magic and combat. This allows players to have a wide range of choice to choose from. It is not a fast paced game but more of a tactical gameplay, the player has to choose the right skill or he/she could end up dying or losing a valuable item.

Mabinogi has many features and areas to explore, from deserts to ice lands, from towering cities to rural villages. Mabinogi is a game with constant new features that makes the game interesting. The graphics are not the best and is fairly outdated, but it is still decent and different. There are lag issues that makes combat buggy and cause deaths.
    Mabinogi is a game i would recommend to people that are casual gamers and want something new, it takes time to settle in the game for there are so many things to try out that take time to learn. I love it, and that is why i still play it.
  5. Dec 10, 2014
    I'm damn near tempted to uninstall it...I get that maintenance has to be done once in a while but this thing is CONSTANTLY having connection problems and other tech issues...It frequently crashes, it frequently generates error messages...and too many connectivity issues. Out of AT LEAST 50 attempts to play, I've only managed to get it to work a total of 5 times...and that was 50 tries perI'm damn near tempted to uninstall it...I get that maintenance has to be done once in a while but this thing is CONSTANTLY having connection problems and other tech issues...It frequently crashes, it frequently generates error messages...and too many connectivity issues. Out of AT LEAST 50 attempts to play, I've only managed to get it to work a total of 5 times...and that was 50 tries per session.

I was going to come on here and say if you haven't played it yet, I recommend it...but now I'm not so sure. The only thing I can tell you is that it is a pretty decent MMORPG...but that is if, and I do mean a BIG IF...you can ever get it to work.

So, my recommendation is...if you download this game, and you can hardly get it to work...don't waste your time...uninstall it and delete it...because that's what I'm going to do if I can't get it to work in the next few days.

And don't bother trying to contact support either...they're constantly down too.

It's a good thing I don't have a PREMIUM account or otherwise sank money into this, because I'd be a HELLUVA lot hotter about it than I already am.

So, if you have this game and don't have the issues I do, good for you...enjoy.

If you experience what I did, however...well...let's just say you have been warned.
tbd

No score yet - based on 2 Critics

1. Mabinogi offers a lot of engaging play for a free game, but you'll quickly wish that its "free" price tag included WASD controls. [Aug 2008, p.74]
  2. Mabinogi is a great MMO for gamers who aren't looking to grind levels or raid 20 man dungeons for epic loots, but rather enjoy a colorful, online world that gives the player a sense of freedom when it comes to developing their character.