8.4

1. Kyle
    Sep 4, 2002
    This is a very good game when I can get it to work. Its buggy and pretty hard if you play anything higher than rookie level. Forget running the ball. Doesn't matter who you have. The average gain is about 1 yard. the Computer peaks at your play selection. the music is pretty stupid and caters to . . . I dont know drugheads . . . or something. Tech support is nowhere to be found. This is a very good game when I can get it to work. Its buggy and pretty hard if you play anything higher than rookie level. Forget running the ball. Doesn't matter who you have. The average gain is about 1 yard. the Computer peaks at your play selection. the music is pretty stupid and caters to . . . I dont know drugheads . . . or something. Tech support is nowhere to be found. there is NO custom play making --like in the ps2 version--which is upsetting.The draft is much worse than in the previous versions--scouting provides superfluis info that is tedious and boring to mentaly compile. The create a team option is really cool--especially the team colors and custom logos. the graphics and game play is awesome--much more realistic. the comentary is better than other versions. the in game sound is very good. It is a very hard game if you are not playing on rookie level--which may just indicate a steeper learning curve and hence a deeper game. Training camp play is Very Very VERY fun and addictive. Computer AI is smarter with trades. play selection etc. OVerall it is an excelent game with a challenge for every football lover. The only reason I didnt give this a 10 is becasue it pissed me off so bad yesterday as i spent 3 hours debugging, uninstalling and reinstalling the dumb thing--oh and my total 4 yards rushing with marshal faulk. Expand
  2. Kam
    Sep 10, 2003
    Fairly good graphics, but the gameplay is lacking. With a terrible running back I can drill the same amount of yards as Bettis, and the AI rarely passes short, almost always deep and complete regardless of top CBs and Linebackers covering them.

1. One of the most beautiful games I've ever had the pleaseure to oogle at...One of the most thorough and impressive games I have seen in any genre. [Nov 2002, p.116]
  2. It looks fantastic, it's a blast to play, and its the best football game out there, period. [Nov 2002, p.89]
  3. With the PC version now using the console engine, more atmospheric gameplay, new moves and strategies for the players and coaches as well as the online features Madden 2003 is one of the most full featured gridiron simulations in recent years.