8.4

1. FranzL.
    Oct 20, 2002
    It do not run with an athlon 1800, after 5 Plays my PC shut down and restarts!!! If you have an AMD Athlon don't buy this game, it's waste of money and nerves!!!
  2. Kyle
    Sep 4, 2002
    This is a very good game when I can get it to work. Its buggy and pretty hard if you play anything higher than rookie level. Forget running the ball. Doesn't matter who you have. The average gain is about 1 yard. the Computer peaks at your play selection. the music is pretty stupid and caters to . . . I dont know drugheads . . . or something. Tech support is nowhere to be found. This is a very good game when I can get it to work. Its buggy and pretty hard if you play anything higher than rookie level. Forget running the ball. Doesn't matter who you have. The average gain is about 1 yard. the Computer peaks at your play selection. the music is pretty stupid and caters to . . . I dont know drugheads . . . or something. Tech support is nowhere to be found. there is NO custom play making --like in the ps2 version--which is upsetting.The draft is much worse than in the previous versions--scouting provides superfluis info that is tedious and boring to mentaly compile. The create a team option is really cool--especially the team colors and custom logos. the graphics and game play is awesome--much more realistic. the comentary is better than other versions. the in game sound is very good. It is a very hard game if you are not playing on rookie level--which may just indicate a steeper learning curve and hence a deeper game. Training camp play is Very Very VERY fun and addictive. Computer AI is smarter with trades. play selection etc. OVerall it is an excelent game with a challenge for every football lover. The only reason I didnt give this a 10 is becasue it pissed me off so bad yesterday as i spent 3 hours debugging, uninstalling and reinstalling the dumb thing--oh and my total 4 yards rushing with marshal faulk. Expand
  3. JovanN.
    Oct 1, 2003
    Best football ever! maybe computers QB should drop the ball once!?
  4. Kam
    Sep 10, 2003
    Fairly good graphics, but the gameplay is lacking. With a terrible running back I can drill the same amount of yards as Bettis, and the AI rarely passes short, almost always deep and complete regardless of top CBs and Linebackers covering them.
  5. JonG.
    Sep 22, 2003
    AMAZING! AMAZING AMAZING ABSOLUTELY FRICKIN AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! The franchise mode is so absorbing i find myslf reluctant to start again by buying 2004. I still am to find out how to follow everything in franchise mode it's so deep.
  6. TannerH.
    Mar 16, 2004
    This game is so awesome. It's easy to run the ball and the jukes and spins are way better than 02. The franchise mode is the best you can create your own team so easy and take it into franchise mode and it is completly awesome. The only reason I'm giving it a 9 is because I can get this game to run perfect but 04 wont work on my computer and I hear it's the bomb.
    Nov 6, 2002
    Very good game. Worked on my 750AMD and my 1800+.
  8. DigiSmack
    Dec 24, 2002
    Awesome game, must have for PC Football fans. Anyone who complains about this game not running or running poorly on a newer PC needs to get a clue about how things work before they blame the game. It runs fine on 3 different PCs here.. NO problems, looks great, plays fine. Give me a play creator and more LAN capablilties and it gets a 10!
  9. WarrenSteelerFan
    Jan 2, 2003
    Very good graphics, the training camp mode kicks major ass!!! I also like the Preseason part of Franchise mode....it's just like the real NFL!! Also, the Custom Team option is deeper than ever and just totally rocks!
  10. AnonymousMC
    Nov 15, 2002
    I have an athlon 1900 and windows xp and the game runs fine.
    Any level other than rookie is NOT impossible, you have to use juke moves, spins and straight arm on the run to get a gain of more than 1 yard. It is intended to be as REAL as possible.
    Running Backs in the NFL do not simply run into defenders. Come on people, its supposed to be difficult! Top game, top commentery, top
    I have an athlon 1900 and windows xp and the game runs fine.
    Top game, top commentery, top graphics! Can't wait until Madden 2004!!!!
  11. AndrewM.
    Dec 7, 2002
    I like the game, but am wondering can u download player ratings off the internet?
  12. ChrisS.
    Nov 22, 2002
    You guys are idiots if you can't run the ball(especially with Faulk). I can play anyone and get a running game started with any team. It is not that difficult if you play a balanced attack. Start passing the ball and the safties will drop back and the d will play nickle. Then you run the ball. The D will counter with a 4-3 and the safties will cheat up and then you pass. Then you You guys are idiots if you can't run the ball(especially with Faulk). I can play anyone and get a running game started with any team. It is not that difficult if you play a balanced attack. Start passing the ball and the safties will drop back and the d will play nickle. Then you run the ball. The D will counter with a 4-3 and the safties will cheat up and then you pass. Then you repeat. It's easy if you know anything about football. The only knock I have is that on my computer (AMD 1.33 GHz) he game will freeze occasionally at the loading process when I try to play in customized weather (ie really cold and windy at lambeau field). Other than that (and the fact there is no formation creator) this game is a gem. D still needs a little tweaking as it get's a little predictable, but this can all be done in the options menu. Expand
  13. SteelersRule
    Nov 22, 2002
    Just cause you guys aren't good at the game doesn't mean you should bash it...gang tackling added this year is a great addition. I play on All-Madden level and can get over 250 yards rushing with Jerome Bettis, as well as over 150 with Kordell Stewart. Hard to break it open for long runs, but can definatley get an average of over 5 yards/carry in a game.
  14. PackersDominate
    Dec 23, 2002
    Sweet Game. It is hard but that is realistic. I have a question though, does only the other team get speed bursts? I cant speed burst at all. I have had a few of plays where a defensive lineman runs down my running back with speed burst and it pisses me off.

1. One of the most beautiful games I've ever had the pleaseure to oogle at...One of the most thorough and impressive games I have seen in any genre. [Nov 2002, p.116]
  2. It looks fantastic, it's a blast to play, and its the best football game out there, period. [Nov 2002, p.89]
  3. With the PC version now using the console engine, more atmospheric gameplay, new moves and strategies for the players and coaches as well as the online features Madden 2003 is one of the most full featured gridiron simulations in recent years.