Mage Knight: Apocalypse PC

5.8

1. JazzyD
    Oct 4, 2006
    It's definitely got its share of bugs, might want to wait for the patch, but if you can see past these it's a good run through. It took me a couple days to get through the whole thing. It's got good RPG elements, the skills are set up well, and some of the later equipment you get is sweet looking. After all is daid and done, I had a good time with it.
  2. Marshall
    Oct 4, 2006
    It's been a long time since we've had such an involved multiplayer RPG. Even with a few shortcomings, which will probably be fixed with mods and patches, this game really shines when you get caught up in questing with your friends. Some of the character design is similar to WoW, but as a WoW veteran I can say that's where the similarities end. Give it a try, and I'm It's been a long time since we've had such an involved multiplayer RPG. Even with a few shortcomings, which will probably be fixed with mods and patches, this game really shines when you get caught up in questing with your friends. Some of the character design is similar to WoW, but as a WoW veteran I can say that's where the similarities end. Give it a try, and I'm sure you'll like it. I'm enjoying it so far. Expand
  3. AndrásL.
    Oct 6, 2006
    Nice game, beautiful graphics. Bad things are bugs, annoying sound & music.
  4. D.G.
    Oct 3, 2006
    I like this game quite a bit. The camera that some folks don't like is totally familiar to me as an MMO player, and I really love the advancement and forging systems. I feel like I'm getting rewards constantly and customizing my own equipment. The world is big and the story is interesting, and even if the gameplay is similar to others in this genre, I still feel like I'm I like this game quite a bit. The camera that some folks don't like is totally familiar to me as an MMO player, and I really love the advancement and forging systems. I feel like I'm getting rewards constantly and customizing my own equipment. The world is big and the story is interesting, and even if the gameplay is similar to others in this genre, I still feel like I'm getting something original and creative. (I like the dialog a lot.) I know the developers are working on a patch for those with technical issues, but my game has played great since day one. Overall...I'm loving this game and don't understand the GamePro article at all. Expand

What we have in Mage Knight is a poor attempt to hop on the "WoW" gravy train. The developer clearly flayed all the depth and nuance out of the formula that made WoW such a huge commercial success, delivering instead a soulless husk stuffed with empty promises and features that you wouldn't want anyway.
  2. Devotees of this universe's mix of fantasy staples and steampunk gadgetry might find themselves unable to resist Mage Knight: Apocalypse's dubious lure, and may even enjoy the game's character-building freedom if an effective patch comes along, but they aren't likely to stay enamored for long when this holiday season's bigger and better RPG offerings finally appear.
    Unfortunately, the game suffers from all around poor AI, several bugs like being able to blast spells through doors, and an all too beneficial save-respawn system that make it incredibly easy to beat.