Magical Drop V PC

6.7

1. Jan 23, 2013
    I bought Magical Drop 5 the day I saw it on sale on Steam. At the time, for myself, along with several other people, the game was unplayable. Hard crashes every couple of minutes to the point where we couldn't even have time to beat the first 2 levels in story mode, online was completely out of the picture, etc. The dev studio spent an extensive amount of time and energy keeping inI bought Magical Drop 5 the day I saw it on sale on Steam. At the time, for myself, along with several other people, the game was unplayable. Hard crashes every couple of minutes to the point where we couldn't even have time to beat the first 2 levels in story mode, online was completely out of the picture, etc. The dev studio spent an extensive amount of time and energy keeping in touch with those of us that had problems and pushed out ~5 patches in maybe 2 weeks. Even having issues after that, they had me provide detailed crash data with a debugger they provided. A month later, the game runs perfectly for me and everyone else that I've heard was still having crash problems. Despite the rocky launch, Golgoth is an exemplary show of developers listening to their players and committing to fixing everything they possibly can and adding content post release for free. Even after the bug fixes, they're working on adding new online modes and a single player endless mode. I played a ton of Magical Drop 3 and this is my new favorite version. If you enjoy the Magical Drop series, you're missing out by not buying 5. Expand
  2. Nov 17, 2012
    Many bugs but lot of fun, nice graphics and cool soundtrack...(only 10 bucks)

A little disappointed not to be able to fully enjoy the online experience but there is no doubt that all problems will be solved quickly.
  3. Nov 17, 2012
    There is Golgoth studio's first release. Too hurry to release, so many bugs are appeared. but it's keep solving faster. MDV has nice FullHD 2D graphics and awesome Soundtracks. And samely funny as MD3 or MDF. If you're fan of Magical Drop, i recommend highly.
  4. Nov 17, 2012
    Competitive puzzle games are by far my favorite thing in the world, and Magical drop 3 ranks as one of the best puzzlers there is. I've been long awaiting the day when this genera would finally make a comeback and when I heard about Magical Drop 5 I was hoping that day would finally come. And it hasn't, really, but not because magical drop 5 is a bad game, it just had a very bad launch. IfCompetitive puzzle games are by far my favorite thing in the world, and Magical drop 3 ranks as one of the best puzzlers there is. I've been long awaiting the day when this genera would finally make a comeback and when I heard about Magical Drop 5 I was hoping that day would finally come. And it hasn't, really, but not because magical drop 5 is a bad game, it just had a very bad launch. If you're wondering weather you should buy this game or not, first ask your self how much you love magical drop, if the answer is anything less than "a whole bunch" give it a week or so for the devs to fix the translation, tighten the balance, and get the online less wonky. But if all you want from this game is a new magical drop, buy right away. The only actually gameplay problem I have noticed is the lack of some of the more colorful characters (emperor and hanged man and very sorely missed along with a good chunk of the characters from MD3). On the upside, what's left of the cast actually feels very balanced, save for Death being a little too good, and fool being a little too bad, unlike in MD3, where a few characters would just wreck everyone else. Also included is effectively another puzzle game in the ghost lop characters, who don't feel particularly balanced, but the devs seem committed to working with the community to fix that, as well as all the other bugs so far. In short, if you can put up with the bugs and don't mind forgoing online play for the time being, buy this game. If you're not a huge MD fan, keep an eye on this, and when it's more stable, pick it up. Expand
  5. Nov 18, 2012
    I bought the game on the day one because i'm a fan of Magical Drop 3. i took the time to read all reviews here, and i'm currently thinking that the game is good and very fun. i'm just expecting be able to play online match correctly and it seem many fix and patch are apply by the game developer. I recommand this game to all people who like puzzle games.
tbd

No score yet - based on 3 Critics

1. Jan 10, 2013
    There's the potential for a great competitive puzzler here, but the missing features, along with the iffy odds of actually connecting to an online game without something getting mucked up, make Magical Drop 5 impossible to recommend.
  2. Dec 6, 2012
    Magical Drop V had a lot of promise. With a simple mechanic of matching three orbs to clear a board, you wouldn't think the developers could mess that up, somehow, they did. The AI is all over the place, with frustratingly hard difficulties to laughably stupid, easy difficulties. The online play would have been great if it weren't for the bad lag, and the game in and of itself would have been a really fun time if it hadn't been so sluggishly implemented.
  3. Nov 15, 2012
    If nothing else, Magical Drop V succeeds in featuring one of the most busted English translations I've seen in years. It's the closest the game comes to offering some genuinely entertaining '90s nostalgia.