8.1

1. Jan 6, 2014
    Solid game, honestly countless hours of fun. The learning curve is a little steep, but honestly i assume in the future they will have tutorials to teach you more, considering it is still in alpha and they are more on focus with getting the game done. But yeah after you learn to play, each battle will feel different, get some friends to play. And it will be a good time!
  2. Dec 21, 2013
    This game is in EXCELLENT shape for an alpha made available little over a month ago. Don't listen to KeatonDC his issues were possibly due to firewall restrictions or temporary server hiccups. I've played countless games and have had hours of fun with it. Mechanics are simple enough to get into but incredibly deep, and the gameplay is simply like no other out there. The developers payThis game is in EXCELLENT shape for an alpha made available little over a month ago. Don't listen to KeatonDC his issues were possibly due to firewall restrictions or temporary server hiccups. I've played countless games and have had hours of fun with it. Mechanics are simple enough to get into but incredibly deep, and the gameplay is simply like no other out there. The developers pay close attention to the forums and really want to build a solid game driven by the community. Definitely worth purchasing early access!!! Expand
  3. EMG
    May 28, 2014
    This game is a pure joy to play, as someone who has never liked the likes of dota2 or LOL this game feels natural to me. Im not sure yet what exactly it is that i like so much myself, all i know is the game play is solid, the visuals and spells at your disposal are incredibly fun to use and on max settings on a average laptop, the game runs flawlessly. There were a few log in issues atThis game is a pure joy to play, as someone who has never liked the likes of dota2 or LOL this game feels natural to me. Im not sure yet what exactly it is that i like so much myself, all i know is the game play is solid, the visuals and spells at your disposal are incredibly fun to use and on max settings on a average laptop, the game runs flawlessly. There were a few log in issues at launch, but hey not as bad as watchdogs at least. Overall for a free2play title which is still in Beta its an amazingly polished smooth fun game with fast paced action and good teamwork. 10/10 Expand
  4. May 28, 2014
    Great game! Great devs! its free!!! what more could you ask for?! :D Magicka is one of the best PvP games out there. It will test your wits . It will challenge you on how good you can perform in a pinch. You must adapt every game and to the styles of your enemies. There is a counter for everything. Button mashing will lead you nowhere !
  5. Jun 6, 2014
    Ridiculously fun game. Spells are powerful, but defenses are equally powerful so it's always a matter of out-thinking and out-playing your opponent. The best part is the decision to exclude a mana system so there's not really any micro management going on. The developers really listen to the community and are very public with what they are working on and going to work on.

The community

The community is amazing. I'll commonly have duels with people that would stop and tell me how to counter what they're doing and give me a chance to learn. I don't know of any other game with people that friendly.

The only downside to the game is that it's 110% skill based. 8 elements to combine into unique spells is tough enough, but the real power comes from combining 2-3 spells to get strong interactions between them. This means that if an experienced player goes up against a new player he'll win every time. Thankfully, there's a practice mode, and a larger player base now, and new players can face off against other new players and have a great chance to learn.
  6. May 22, 2015

The community

7. May 29, 2014
    Great game, real F2P system in that everything you can buy for money you can buy for in-game cache. And new robes and stuff only redistribute your stats in the different schools of magic so if you play against someone that has dropped a bill and also played for a few months you will have the same exact stats.

Gameplay is incredible, if a little bit hard to get into. You will die a lot

Gameplay is incredible, if a little bit hard to get into. You will die a lot but dying in this game is not very detrimental and consequently the community is pretty stellar unlike LoL. Once you know what you are doing and you start playing against others that know what they are doing the game gets incredibly tense with some duels lasting for more than a minute going back and ford. It is insane.

The other great side is that it is all about skill. Absolutely everything has a counter and there are so many spells and so many different strategies and the action is so fast and fluid that it can be breathtaking.

Graphics are great and super fluid, you never feel constrained chaining complex combos and doing crazy stuff. Sounds are pretty good as well.

Only problem with the game(hence the 9) is that social features are virtually non-existant as well as any bells and whistles when logging into the client. No stats screens, game history, or nothing.

And finally the servers have been down a lot and even if they are up it literally will take you like 10-20 minutes to get a 5 minute game. The developers have been very forthcoming and great(ive been around since alpha) so I can let it slide but if it doesn't get fixed soon I will have to lower my score dramatically.
  8. Apr 11, 2014
    Magicka: Wizard War has got a steep learning curve and you'll experience some frustrating moments while learning the game. But after your first 2-3 days you'll be at least average and then it will be tons of fun. It's still hard to master but if you aren't one of these "My KDR is the most important thing in my life!" persons you will be fine. In my opinion the only downside are the serverMagicka: Wizard War has got a steep learning curve and you'll experience some frustrating moments while learning the game. But after your first 2-3 days you'll be at least average and then it will be tons of fun. It's still hard to master but if you aren't one of these "My KDR is the most important thing in my life!" persons you will be fine. In my opinion the only downside are the server issues; but it's still an alpha so who cares? Expand

1. May 23, 2015
    This is a good MOBA with several interesting ideas but with a couple of flaws in the gameplay.
  2. May 18, 2015
    The idea is sound, but as of today there's only one interesting gameplay mode (and it gets old after a while), a shop that needs rebalancing and a very slow character progression.
  3. May 13, 2015
    The quick-paced and skill-driven combat system casts a charm on you in the beginning, but the delights wear off over time due to the presence of only a single good mode of play, grinding, and a few irritating bugs.